6.8

1. Dec 7, 2012
    Assassin's Creed III is a disappointing new instalment in the Assassin's Creed series; though having a good story, it is ruined by bland graphics, not so likeable characters, plenty of bugs and a hit and miss ending. This is one of the weakest instalments, but better than Revelations.
  2. Jan 6, 2014
    Previously, I thought this franchise was just another mainstream Call of Duty-esque franchise. Until I realized the historical aspect each game carries. Being the US History buff that I am, I decided to teast this game out...and I loved it. It's so amazing to interact with huge historical figures, travel colonial America, and well, kick some ass. This game also brings in the issues ofPreviously, I thought this franchise was just another mainstream Call of Duty-esque franchise. Until I realized the historical aspect each game carries. Being the US History buff that I am, I decided to teast this game out...and I loved it. It's so amazing to interact with huge historical figures, travel colonial America, and well, kick some ass. This game also brings in the issues of freedom for all and slavery and questions our own morality of killing. Assasin's Creed 3 is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a great time-step forward for the franchise. It brings new characters, familiar moments of American history, sea combat, family rivalry, and the other typical AC franchise elements under one roof. This makes the game more vast and complex than ever before. Sometimes, the complexity betrays itself. I never felt like I totally understood the crafting system wellAssassin's Creed 3 is a great time-step forward for the franchise. It brings new characters, familiar moments of American history, sea combat, family rivalry, and the other typical AC franchise elements under one roof. This makes the game more vast and complex than ever before. Sometimes, the complexity betrays itself. I never felt like I totally understood the crafting system well enough before taking to the internet to get some more info from other players that had spent more time with it. The graphics are the best of the franchise on consoles and runs noticeably smoother than previous entries. While the awesome addition of assassin brethren from Brotherhood is still around, it felt way more sidelined and unnecessary to invest in. Other than that, you could make the case that this is the best foot forward AC has made since AC2 and was well worth my time. If I could make one gripe: the free-running mechanics are both improved and broken at the same time. Numerous times I would make leaps or climbs that I wasn't intending to make. On top of that, the British Artificial Intelligence were at times buggy and would detect me while Incognito and just walking down the street. These bits occasionally disrupted the game so harshly that it became frustrating and nearly inexcusable. The good news is that these experiences, while rough and disruptive, weren't too common and seemed to be non issues during most of the main story missions. Expand
  4. Jan 31, 2014
    Another great installment. You have a vast a array of weapons the multiplayer is still awesome. Fans will love this game...............................
  5. Oct 27, 2013
    after a very disapointing game(assassin's creed revelations)there wans't how make a worst game,the story of assassin's creed 3 can be good but the rest of the game isnt so good.
  6. Jun 24, 2013
    This game had a lot of hype surrounding it. It was suppose to reinvent the world of Assassin's Creed as we knew it. Did it succeed? Well, sort of.

The game is very interesting, don't get me wrong. However, the primary issue here is a lack of centralization. There are so many things to see and do, but none of them are particularly interesting. The main story is bland (especially the story surrounding Desmond), the gameplay can be mundane at times, and the game just doesn't feel as tight as the other entries.
    It's a great game, but it does too much with little focus on any specific aspect.

There are two things that really make this game great:
    1. The sailing segments are awesome, full of intense combat and excellent atmosphere.
    2. The sound-track is amazing, boasting some of the best tunes in the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Give this game a try; it might just click with you. For me, it just wasn't quite as good as the other entries in the series. It is better than Revelations, though. That's for sure.
  7. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III may not be as good as Assassin's Creed II but I should admit this game is still awesome.The graphics are beautiful and the world of Assassin's Creed is so huge.There are also many interactions in this game like petting the animals,bribing people and more.The actions in this game is so cool I mean it has cool techniques and assassination moves and more.The game play inAssassin's Creed III may not be as good as Assassin's Creed II but I should admit this game is still awesome.The graphics are beautiful and the world of Assassin's Creed is so huge.There are also many interactions in this game like petting the animals,bribing people and more.The actions in this game is so cool I mean it has cool techniques and assassination moves and more.The game play in this game is fun and some time even funny like where you eavesdrop two people talking and like they spotted you and they want to kill you and if you crouch in the bushes or grasses they won't notice.Even if they are near you.I laughed so hard and I think in there time they believe in man-plants so they thought that you were a man-plant so they ignored you.So I can tell that this game will satisfy you not just the story of this game but all of them.

This game is great.I love this game.I recommend you to buy this game because it is just great.If you are looking for a fun game to play here it is,Assassin's Creed III is an awesome game so try downloading this game or try buying It.I'm telling you this game is God damn fun.
  8. Nov 9, 2012
    Good performance by Ubisoft, but was not worth all the hype it received. The game is very fun, but eventually, some missions get boring and the game is full of glitches and bugs. The game starts off slow, but gets good overtime, but has a near-impossible last mission. Still a buy in the AC series.
  9. Aug 29, 2013
    [5.8] As with most of the previous installments, Assassin's Creed never learns from its mistakes. The developers improve one aspect of the game, and forget to maintain another. You would expect a skilled developer such as Ubisoft to be able to perfect a game by fifth installment, especially when its weakest elements are the most important to the game.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    The Assassin's Creed series was in desperate need of a change of setting and protagonist. It got one, but the replacements are lackluster. The impressive architecture of Rome/Constantinople has been replaced with 2 story brick houses and the occasional tall tree. As far as storyline, it's as ham-fisted as ever. You're along for the ride at literally every major Revolutionary event but haveThe Assassin's Creed series was in desperate need of a change of setting and protagonist. It got one, but the replacements are lackluster. The impressive architecture of Rome/Constantinople has been replaced with 2 story brick houses and the occasional tall tree. As far as storyline, it's as ham-fisted as ever. You're along for the ride at literally every major Revolutionary event but have no real reason to be, all the while being preached at by various characters. Connor, being half-Native American, could have been a really interesting character, but after the introductory sequences his heritage is almost never brought up again. Controls are very awkward, and I found myself getting stuck on small objects and corners, and if I was on a horse is was almost faster if I just went on foot. Combat is simplistic enough that you could probably play it on an old NES controller, which might be a good thing considering how freaking many guards there are walking around. Seriously, it's about a 1/1 ratio of civilians to guards in major towns. The only real bright spots I found were the naval battles (I enjoyed them enough that I could almost see an expanded version of them being a standalone game) and the character of Haytham. Wading through the snow during winter was also a nice touch. Expand
  11. Apr 12, 2013
    When I purchased this game I was promised a lot of things. Some of those things being hunting wild animals, a free roaming area, absorbing story, great character, captivating combat system and fresh ideas on an aging gaming series. But, on every single level it failed. First and foremost I'd just like to say if this is your first time getting an Assassins Creed game, don't bother. TheWhen I purchased this game I was promised a lot of things. Some of those things being hunting wild animals, a free roaming area, absorbing story, great character, captivating combat system and fresh ideas on an aging gaming series. But, on every single level it failed. First and foremost I'd just like to say if this is your first time getting an Assassins Creed game, don't bother. The story is so complicated that you will not even comprehend the game unless you've played every single other one before hand. You start off with a British assassin guy, who you don't know. Why is he the way he is? I have no idea, so as confusing as it is, you play on regardless. But the next thing you know you're in Boston, and this is where things start to get rubbish but don't worry, that's only 20 minutes in. Every mission is the same, go here, listen to this guy, go here, talk to this person, fight a few people, next mission. That's about the gist of it all.

Never have I played a game with such clumsy, level design. I had to replay missions over and over and over again to stop it from glitching or something very peculiar happening and ruining all my progress on that level, throw in poor check point placement and you got yourself hours of wasted time. There's one point in the game early on where you have to release captured people and it took me 4 hours and 20 minutes straight to do a small part, which should of took 10 minutes due to poor level design, poor AI, poor movement and poor button layout. Who ever created the button lay out for this game had it completely wrong. You're thrown in to the game with no idea how to do anything, all it tells you is how to run. Next thing you know you're fighting 20 guys at the same time, getting shot and having no idea what to do. Not to mention you don't actually get to play the game until about 10 hours in, that's right. You have around 10 hours of the game which is considered 'build up' and 'tutorial' according to the game producers. And when it finally does let you free, it's a major disappointment. I've played Assassins Creed 1 and 2 which I enjoyed, so it seemed reasonable for me to get this. But honestly, don't waste your money. The only thing I could credit about this game is the originality I feel when I play it, it's a great idea being set in civil war America and you're an Indian assassin trying to get redemption. But that's all I can credit this game on, by far one of the most poorly produced games I've ever played. It had the raw potential to work, but the designers of the game got it terribly wrong. This, gets a 2 out of 10.
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    Because I trust user reviews over magazine reviews, I waited close to a year before purchasing it in the bargin bin. I wasn't disappointed. This was the worst game of the series. At times the story felt exhilerating and epic, but mostly it felt lame and dull. The large expansive world that they added falls flat when they give you such a large area with nothing interesting to do in it.Because I trust user reviews over magazine reviews, I waited close to a year before purchasing it in the bargin bin. I wasn't disappointed. This was the worst game of the series. At times the story felt exhilerating and epic, but mostly it felt lame and dull. The large expansive world that they added falls flat when they give you such a large area with nothing interesting to do in it. For a game to have been out for a year and still be as buggy as this game makes no sense. It was as bad as the very first Assassin's Creed, yet that one got a pass because it was the first...this is the fifth game of the series! Way too many redcoats in town that prevent you from stealth. If you jump up on a roof, it's like you ignited a hornets nest and spend most of your time running for your life. Combat it ridicolous now because you regenerate your health very quickly, and so does your enemy apparently as it takes about fifteen hits with your tomohawk to kill them. Some assassin, can't stealth and can't kill. Such a shame because the did a great job with the graphics, Boston and New York, the ships, and the voice acting was the best of the series. Expand
  13. Jul 14, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III is the not the bad game it has been worked up to be. The story is actually quite good, and Connor is an interesting character. My only issue is that the gameplay does not feel as fluid, and is full of glitches.
  14. Dec 30, 2012
    Assassins Creed delivers in a way that Call of Duty cannot. Open world opportunities, stealth action, a Single Player mode worth playing, a cinematic theme, and incredible gameplay.
  15. Mar 7, 2013
    Assassins Creed 3 feels like a remarkable step forward for the AC franchise. The Countryside blooms with greenery and rural pastures. The cities are bustling and there are some remarkable sights to behold, especially in the new naval battles. The combat is much improved, with advanced AI, demanding strategic fighting acumen to fend off. Unfortunately despite the brilliance, AC3 has the badAssassins Creed 3 feels like a remarkable step forward for the AC franchise. The Countryside blooms with greenery and rural pastures. The cities are bustling and there are some remarkable sights to behold, especially in the new naval battles. The combat is much improved, with advanced AI, demanding strategic fighting acumen to fend off. Unfortunately despite the brilliance, AC3 has the bad habit of giving you excellent missions, with grandeur aesthetics and a palpable sense of scale, right before giving you tedious missions where one misstep triggers an instant failure. Connor is also an emotionless bore, really anchoring the sense of attachment which made Ezio so lovable and endearing. Assassins Creed 3 is a great sequel in a franchise filled with great games. But this isn't the AC we expected, for every brilliant mission comes a handful of truly rote and unfair ones. Luckily AC3 at its best provide some of the greatest moments in the franchise. Expand
  16. Dec 7, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III's poor combat mechanics are made up for by a game which gives us perhaps the first proper open world in an Assassin's Creed game. The story won't do much for you, neither will the weak characters in it. Multiple environments on land are there to be explored as well as the open water. The introduction of naval combat, hunting and a nifty little homestead make Assassin'sAssassin's Creed III's poor combat mechanics are made up for by a game which gives us perhaps the first proper open world in an Assassin's Creed game. The story won't do much for you, neither will the weak characters in it. Multiple environments on land are there to be explored as well as the open water. The introduction of naval combat, hunting and a nifty little homestead make Assassin's Creed III the first in the series to give us sufficient freedom. Expand
  17. Oct 31, 2012
    Assassin's Creed III takes everything that worked well in previous titles, sprinkled in a touch of Red Dead Redemption, tweaked thecombat to be as smooth as Batman: Arkham City, borrowed the cinematic and character development of Uncharted 2, and polished it all off to be one of, if not the very best, game of 2012.
  18. Oct 31, 2012
    Look, this game isn't really a 10 but i gave it that score to counter all those negative scores from butthurt trolls that are mad because this game is 15x times better than thier favourite generic shooter, CoD.
  19. Nov 24, 2013
    ok,i really put a 9 but this game is so hate for idiots
    the negative reviews on this game are sick and tiring
    are you stupids? what de you want? another ezio s game?
    do you think ubisoft is like activision? assassins creed 3 has a good story,a good gameplay and a good soundtrack. it had excelent graphics and its very fun to play it
  20. Rem
    Nov 11, 2013
    I am one of those that truly adored the Assassin's Creed franchise. AC2 was the peak of the series as it showed how you can combine the free running mechanic and still give you an insane amount of freedom. Here in Assassin's Creed 3, that sort of freedom is absent. If you haven't brushed up on your previous games, prepare to get confused as it throws many aspects from previous games intoI am one of those that truly adored the Assassin's Creed franchise. AC2 was the peak of the series as it showed how you can combine the free running mechanic and still give you an insane amount of freedom. Here in Assassin's Creed 3, that sort of freedom is absent. If you haven't brushed up on your previous games, prepare to get confused as it throws many aspects from previous games into the main story. What bugged me the most is that most of the missions in the game are just plain too restricting and tedious. Eavesdropping missions are certainly not a good way to past the time as I recall replaying one mission eight times because I had to play a very specific way. The game tries to make up for this by introducing a huge amount of side activities. Hunting, crafting, looting, underground, and delivery missions are present, but it just isn't any interesting. A couple positives I do have to mention is the fact that combat is more entertaining than ever. Freerunning is also simpler than ever. However the biggest surprise is the naval combat, which are easily the best parts of the game. Yet with obvious improvements even in the graphical department, there are plenty of technical issues in the game, and they certainly annoyed me. Overall Assassin's Creed 3 gets caught trying to do too much with so little. It is easily the weakest entry in the series and a disappointing sendoff to Desmond Miles, not like his story was compelling anyways. Expand
  21. Jan 16, 2013
    This is one of two retail games I looked forward to through out 2012, and the only one I got and played at launch. The story holds your interest up until the end where it slowed to a dull and or aggravating finish both inside the animus and outside it. While the final acts may be really slow, the acts leading up to it are very well made. The new fighting control feels fresh and requiresThis is one of two retail games I looked forward to through out 2012, and the only one I got and played at launch. The story holds your interest up until the end where it slowed to a dull and or aggravating finish both inside the animus and outside it. While the final acts may be really slow, the acts leading up to it are very well made. The new fighting control feels fresh and requires more thought than previous Creed entries to survive. 100%ing this game is tedious. Having to travel to every bar, shop, several side missions yourself is just annoying.

As or the multiplayer it held my interest long enough to get all the achievements but that is about it really. Wolfpack is fun but it gets boring quickly like any other horde mode.
  22. Nov 2, 2012
    I've got 13 hours of playing the game and my thoughts are a complete mixed bag. I WANT to love this game because I enjoyed prior AC titles AND I'm a huge U.S. history geek. Thankfully, I can say it's not the era of the game that disappoints me as they've done a good job of making it feel as though you're in the colonies and 18th century cities. My disappointment stems, almost entirely,I've got 13 hours of playing the game and my thoughts are a complete mixed bag. I WANT to love this game because I enjoyed prior AC titles AND I'm a huge U.S. history geek. Thankfully, I can say it's not the era of the game that disappoints me as they've done a good job of making it feel as though you're in the colonies and 18th century cities. My disappointment stems, almost entirely, from gameplay changes. |||| First, combat feels like it's taken two steps backwards. Trying to target is an exercise in frustration. The same can be said for melee combat itself where often I find I end up button mashing - something I NEVER did in previous AC games - because the timing of counters, counter grabs, and attacks are WAY off. Ranged combat is just painful in part because of the weapons of the era (yay muzzle loaded rifle reload times!) and because the ranged weapon options are SEVERELY lacking in this iteration. |||| Second, the number and rapidity of cutscenes is ridiculous. Even my wife, who is decidedly a non-gamer, has noticed this fact, commenting on more than one occasion that she thought I was watching a movie, not playing a game. And this is someone who has seen me play damn near every Final Fantasy game for the last 15 years. There are entirely too many portions of the game, thus far, where you run from one "mission" (which was a cutscene) to another mission only to find out that, too, is a cutscene. |||| Third: New Engine equals new fun things (such as ships) but LOTS of bugs. I have died about a dozen times in Frontier because Connor has fallen through a texture - usually by a rock or tree - and then free falls for several minutes before the game considers it a "desync". Climbing objects is also riddled with bugs, especially in urban environments where it's possible for the game to glitch and not recognize a ledge as climbable in one instance but then work fine a few minutes later. |||| Fourth, and finally, the writing is terribly predictable and trite. For a game that forces you into so many cutscenes, it's sad that most of them are yawn worthy and uninspiring. ||| If I could give it a 6.5, I would, but rounding up to 7 would be too high, IMO. If you're a diehard AC fan, you'll be disappointed in the "downgrades" to the combat and Animus systems. If you're a diehard Revolutionary War geek, you'll be disappointed because (despite the ads) that only makes up a small part of the game. If you're a gamer who appreciates a good story, you'll be disappointed by the story and presentation of AC3. It's probably worth a rental, but maybe not a purchase - and certainly NOT worth a purchase PLUS the "season's pass". Expand
  23. Mar 14, 2013
    There's a departure here from the classic Assassin's Creed format. The graphic are slightly improved, the implausible Sci-fi plot remains, and the combat is great. But this like Brotherhood feels more like an excuse to milk the franchise by acting a period piece that is intriguing than a progression of the overall story. Let's not forget that Desmond is the real main character. Yet I'mThere's a departure here from the classic Assassin's Creed format. The graphic are slightly improved, the implausible Sci-fi plot remains, and the combat is great. But this like Brotherhood feels more like an excuse to milk the franchise by acting a period piece that is intriguing than a progression of the overall story. Let's not forget that Desmond is the real main character. Yet I'm left feeling that over the course of 4-5 games, Desmond has made no progress as a character. Nor have his supporting players. The main characters suffer for the sake of an ancestor's story. It's becoming frustrating especially since the end is so near." I just keep wondering how many more games they can squeeze out of this franchise. Finally, as I've noted in multiple reviews before, the ending of a game or movie or any story is crucial to how it is perceived. If the ending is bad, that's the last you'll remember of the game. Not just the story was flawed, but the broken final mission as well. As a result, I was left with a "this is it?" moment that was just annoying. Expand
  24. Oct 31, 2012
    People need to stop trolling, it's really makes me sad seeing trolls giving this game 0's without even stating one valid reason, this game isn't perfect but it's the best this year, way better than ohter rushed games that surprisngly, got better scores than this.
  25. Jul 23, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, andAssassin's Creed III has come under a lot of criticism from fans, but I don't see why. It gives you a fresh assassin and a brand new time period. I really enjoyed moving about in the forests and climbing and scaling large buildings in the sprawling cities. The combat is greatly improved, easily being the best in the series. Its story is full of twists and turns to keep you guessing, and there is a brand new hunting mechanic, which fits well. All in all, many may hate it, but I for one see the true brilliance inside it. Expand
  26. Nov 1, 2012
    Assassins Creed 2 was the series highlight that is no longer true with the release of Assassins Creed 3. The series returns with a new setting, a new character and revamped movement and combat system. This game is set in the time of the American revolution. Your character is the half British and half Native American assassin named Connor. In the beginning you play as Connor's father butAssassins Creed 2 was the series highlight that is no longer true with the release of Assassins Creed 3. The series returns with a new setting, a new character and revamped movement and combat system. This game is set in the time of the American revolution. Your character is the half British and half Native American assassin named Connor. In the beginning you play as Connor's father but I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible. Talking about the start the first 3 hours you play as Connor are very narrow and closed. You are funneled down a narrowed path and not given any freedom. But when you are put into the huge open world you really notice the attention to detail and the amount of things you have to do. You can hunt, you can assist strangers, you can just free run through the trees. The revamped combat and movement systems help this experience. The combat has turned into more like an Arkham city experience with a heavy counter focus. This means your using maybe 3 buttons max at any one time. The movement system is even simpler, you hold 1 button to jump, run and vault. It allows you to move more fluidly and you just feel more comfortable holding 1 button. The animation and graphics also must be congratulated. The eyes especially they are just amazing and stare a at you and follow you. In conclusion the Assassins Creed series returns triumphantly with it's best entry so far 10/10 Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2012
    There is no denying Ubisoft tries to deliver new things to their fans and strive to be ambitious. However here what hold AC3 back from the previous 4 games is the ending. It is rushed, anticlimatic and unfulfilling. I really wanted to love this game, but it is just too underwhelming to really become memorized.
  28. Oct 16, 2013
    Unlike most people, I actually like this game better than Assassin's Creed II. However, that still doesn't mean that I love this game. As a matter of fact, I have to say that this game is average at best. This game has a lot of the same problems I have had with Assassin's Creed II, but it is still slightly better for other reasons. For one, the graphics have been very much improved.Unlike most people, I actually like this game better than Assassin's Creed II. However, that still doesn't mean that I love this game. As a matter of fact, I have to say that this game is average at best. This game has a lot of the same problems I have had with Assassin's Creed II, but it is still slightly better for other reasons. For one, the graphics have been very much improved. While they are still outdated (not on par with Skyrim or Batman Arkham City, both of which came out a year before this), they are still very good. The gameplay is not too bad either. However, after playing it, I cannot deny its many similarities with Batman Arkham City. That's essentially what the gameplay is as a matter of fact, a toned down version of the combat system in Batman Arkham City. This still makes the gameplay generic like Assassin's Creed II, however, I did love Batman Arkham City's combat system, and I am pretty glad it was used here. The game also has a little more to do in it than Rocksteady's Batman epic, however, most of these tasks are rather boring. Arkham City had Batman solving crimes, while this game has you collecting trinkets for a man you care little about. Naval battles were a nice touch to this game however. It does keep this game from getting too generic like Assassin's Creed II, but considering that they make up less than half of the game's missions, it won't help all that much. The gameplay also still has several glitches, a few of them game-breaking. If Ubisoft really wants this series to be amazing, they need to stop releasing these games with so many bugs in them. The story of this game however, still completely sucks. The present story is still in there, and should be removed from the game entirely. Its plot is confusing as heck, and is still a complete rip-off of the Matrix. As for the story set in the past, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the story is no longer ripping off any comic books (at least, not as much as the last game). The bad news is now it is ripping off another very good movie. This time, it is ripping off Star Wars. The story has you taking control of an Assassin named Luke Skywalker, I mean Connor (who is essentially a Native American version of Batman), who has everything he loves taken from him, his tribe, his mother, everything. He then goes to a wise old mentor named Yoda, I mean Achilles, to teach him the ways of the Jedi, I mean Assassin. He also learns that one of the main villains of this game is his father named Darth Vader, I mean Haytham Kenway. Do you see where I'm saying it is a Star Wars knock-off? The game still has a very unique setting. I do love how it takes place in Colonial times, which is an era not often explored in video games. I also love how it takes place during the American Revolution, however, that does sort of add to how it is a rip-off of Star Wars, as there is another war between the Assassins and Templars happening along with the Americans and British. In Star Wars it was the Rebellion vs. The Empire along with Jedi vs. Sith. Overall, I'd say that this game is an improvement from Assassin's Creed II, but still not a game that I would call great. I'd say that this game is worth a rent at best. However, if you want something better than this, it would probably be for the best that you skip this game entirely, and spend your money on a game like Batman Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    Boring!!!! No fun factor whatsoever. I keep waiting for this game to get better but it just isn't happening. I don't usually review games before I finish them but people need to be warned that this game does not live up to the hype. I will finish the game because I want to know what happens in the story and I do love the series but it will be a struggle. The first game is still theBoring!!!! No fun factor whatsoever. I keep waiting for this game to get better but it just isn't happening. I don't usually review games before I finish them but people need to be warned that this game does not live up to the hype. I will finish the game because I want to know what happens in the story and I do love the series but it will be a struggle. The first game is still the best and in my oppinion they continue to go down hill from there. If this had been the first game in the series I would never have bought a second one. Expand
  30. Nov 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, let me just say, there are spoilers, minor, but still. Now, I really thought this game was the best game that was ever created graphically. The scenery of the game was purely beautiful. The graphics were basically flawless! I hesitated playing when I picked it up on the day it was released. The story was really slow and boring. Playing as Haythem was new because he was a Templar, It was the first time in the franchise you could play as a Templar. It also sparked a plot twist, and that was, one of Desmond's ancestor's weren't an assassin. Later on, the story was making little sense because if he was a Templar why was he doing all the good an assassin does? It made little sense, but other than that and a few other glitches, I enjoyed the game. The ending was very stupid too. There will be an Assassins Creed 4, I just don't get how it'll get done. But, if you're on the fence of buying this game, make sure you've played the 4 others first before playing this one. But if you have played all the others, and you're wondering if you should get this, I suggest you should. Really great game, with TONS of stuff to do and a HUGE map to travel after you've beaten the main story mode. Expand

1. Dec 5, 2012
    At least the petty indignities of the multiplayer are optional and situated around gameplay that's solid and unique, if frustratingly stagnant. In the single-player campaign, however, it's impossible to escape the ham-fisted manipulations of the Assassin's Creed III development team.
    Assassin's Creed III is a pretty damn fine game. It loses none of what makes the series fun with the translation to another time and continent, and creates a whole new set of experiences which define the franchise. The biggest issue, if there is one, are the small technical issues, but these niggling technical issues only seem worse because everything else is such a great experience.
    Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground. [Issue#91, p.22]