7.1

1. Aug 2, 2014
    Only played for 30 minutes as my uPlay crashed and burned. Short but impressive graphics. Went to replay the game on a different computer six months later and still the same crashing. Would not recommend anyone purchase uPlay or these games on Steam as they are just shortcuts to uPlay.
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    this game was good, but expect to have an ending to the story of Desmond, but are winding to generate more money for the franchise, this is disappointing, but the game has its strong points, so I'll take note 9, as it deserves, but near the brotherhoods he loses a point and a point that has an immense value.
    One of the things I liked was not the city, as in Jerusalem and Italy pegylated
    perfect and beautiful, this city really well produced could not feel the same brightness of the above. Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2014
    Assassins Creed Revelations didn't really push the series to new heights, or innovate on sandbox games. My main problem with this game is the location it's set, Constantinople. It looked good, but felt uninteresting or unique. The story is one Revelations strong points, voice acting was still good, and the storytelling was decently paced. Still, I can't help but feel that this was just a weak spot in the franchise. Expand
  4. Jan 31, 2014
    The storyline is always good and the multiplayer is enhanced and goes
    one step further................................................................
  5. Jan 25, 2014
    Let's Be completely honest - no one gives a **** about desmond, but i have to give credit to his remade face model, so that the first thing I noticed this game has recieved an amazing graphics improvemnt from brotherhood, It makes desmond and ezio and altiar look so lifelike, speaking of altiar. This game does an amazing job of rounding up both ezio and altair's life, but why did they give altair a different voice actor, he sounds like that "Greenday Singer with the Cold", it's just so offputing if you ever finished the first assassin's creed like i did . anyway they even bothered to give him another love interest - Sofia Saltor, and gave a deeper insight to altair's life, and the gameplay is a huge plus - nice work Ubisoft, 2 weapon wheels are Great, and than there's the new inclusion the WABBAJACK,... Just kidding the hookblade, which obviously hooks on to things to fling off them and still be used as a hidden blade, In stores now for a mere 800 Australain Dollars - sorry american paper notes. This takes all of Assassin's Creed's past achievments and incorperates them in to a game to remember. And i firmly think it is the best game of the series. Expand
  6. Dec 4, 2013
    (8.5) When I started up this game I quickly felt that I was in store for much of the same as previous installments and whilst in terms of the core mechanics this is true, the game itself took very positive steps towards and more open and less repetitive model than the last 3 games. Firstly the storyline is the best so far, genuinely intriguing cross between all we have seen up to this point. The tower defence I felt was a very good idea but not very well executed and whilst the desmond memory game was a nice change of pace. Combine Mediterranean defence assassin quests and you had a plethora of different experiences to explore, for me that was what made this game the best assassin's creed game yet. Expand
  7. Nov 24, 2013
    Ubisoft is a good developer, but yet again another AC release that is an overpriced DLC to the second one. They must have really needed money to this one considering it still plays the same. If you really want to know the story of this game I would say wiki it or youtube the cinematics that way you can save yourself some time and money. However if you ungodly love the series soooooo much then go ahead and shell out your bills like its your favorite stripper at the stripclub.

Considering i'm not a fan of stripclubs (not gay) and consider them a waste of money you can see why i'm not into this installment.

However I do Love AC and love all of them except the first one.
  8. Nov 7, 2013
    If anything, this game is both a step forward and a step back at the same time. This game more or less is almost exactly the same as AC2 & AC:BH. A few small additions, but they aren't that important or notable. The bomb making system seemed like a good idea, but is mostly needless for most of the game. Ezio feels really overpowered for a majority of the game.

Again I will state, there
    is technically nothing wrong with the game. Technically speaking everything is as good if not slightly better from being now polished to perfection. But it is still just more of the same.

This game could have been Ezio's grand finale, and they do him a great service, finishing him off in a grand and respectable way. Altair's end feels a little underwhelming and I can't help feel he got the short end of the writing stick.

Overall:
    Assasson's Creed: Revelations is a fantastic (much needed) conclusion to Ezio's story. A real shame it felt more like an expansion than a new game. Still, a fantastic addition and worth playing for the story alone.
  9. Nov 1, 2013
    This game has to be the worst this franchise has ever witnessed, I believe it to be just a simple yet boring dlc to Assassins Creed Brotherhood. It virtually copies everything in that game yet makes it somehow even easier. It does improve slightly with the assassin recruits but makes them more of a tedious chore for those who played ACB
  10. Oct 27, 2013
    after releasing the two greatest games on the franchise this assassin's creed promised a lot,but the game wasn't what every person was expecting,it was on of the most disapointing games ever made.
  11. Oct 20, 2013
    Its a good game, but nothing makes it feel as great as its predecessors. Ezios story really drags here, but there are a few good moments that will stick. Altairs segments didnt reach the potential it could have been if the game was given more development time. It also feels shorter in overall length, but its still an AC2 era game so if you liked 2 and Brotherhood and this is on offer, give it a go. Expand
  12. Aug 15, 2013
    I wanted to like this game far more than I did. The closure of Ezio's story was a fantastic piece of narration and storytelling, however the game didn't add enough to make it feel like an advancement from Brotherhood. The story kept me engaged up to just before the very end when things go a bit weird, however I just couldn't shake the feeling that I'd already played the game before.
  13. Aug 14, 2013
    This game kill my emotion to play AC, is kind of boring and very short, not like AC II and AC Brotherhood those are amazing games... This is not much recommended...
  14. Aug 4, 2013
    perfect way to send out altair and ezio attempts something new with tower defense but perfects everything brotherhood did well. ezio is a fantastic character and this was a fitting end to his trilogy
  15. Jul 31, 2013
    Make no mistake, Revelations is a continuation of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Taking what made Brotherhood a hit and placing it in a follow-up story, Revelations mostly pleases. The story which is slowly unfolding game after game begins to resemble one with clarity. Revelations is the "what" and the beginnings of "why" in the storyline, with more likely to come in the next iteration of Assassin's Creed. It's not ground-breaking, but it's honed. It's not superb, but it's above average as a game. If you've come this far, there's absolutely no reason why you wouldn't want to go a little further. The little puzzles and bonuses that revolve around the game's focus are also a treat, ones that really break away from the normal Assassin's Creed and get you into something completely different (if only for a little while). An easy choice now that it's on sale for well under its original $60 price tag, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is another solid step in this Ubisoft mainstay. I look forward to "3" next. Expand
  16. Jul 28, 2013
    Finally got to play this installment of the Assassin’s Creed series and I sort of wish that I hadn’t. After playing through it, I seriously think a name change is in order from Revelations to Executive Administrator, because that’s what most of this game feels like.
    Following the story you get maybe 5 to 6 hours of game-play, but if you spend time looking for all the treasures, buying
    reel estate, hiring assassins and sending them on missions to various historical cities and leveling them up thereby functioning as mentor of said assassins so they can take over various assassins headquarters spread throughout the beautifully realized Constantinople, defending said headquarters in a rather flawed Tower Defense game, playing through the FPS Tetris/platform levels to restore Desmond’s memories etc. etc. etc. the game will probably last you about 14 to 15 hours if not more.
    Yes, most of the content in this game is actually blatant, inconsequential padding, which somehow also manages to have the extra benefit of being quite boring.
    Actually, I’m a bit ambivalent about this game. The story is pretty good and the game works when it remembers that it’s an Assassin’s Creed game and you actually get to assassinate someone, and we get to say goodbye to the two main characters of the previous games, Altair and Enzio. Their stories are wrapped up pretty well.
    However, this is marred by the endless padding of menial tasks you constantly find yourself doing and leads in my view to an overall very weak game, which lacks focus. It seems like Ubisoft were treading water, trying various stuff out without having an actual overall game plan. The administration of assassins is a perfect example of this. Let’s forgo the fact that the leveling up of the various henchmen is so superficial they might as well have left it out completely, but when the struggle for control of various major cities against the Templars feels more like sending out tax collectors, the entire idea is completely undermined. Unfortunately it’s the same with most of the other non-story driven events in the game.
    Also, the combat is in dire need of reinvention. When being surrounded by guards doesn’t inspire you to run away, but instead makes you shake your head, knowing full well there is no way in all hells ever invented by man to scare the living crap out of children that they will be able to kill you, followed by what is now nothing more than a mindless quick-time event (block combined with attack equals instant kill), there really is no sense of threat leading to no sense of excitement. And just in case it wasn’t easy enough you can even outsource your kills or most combat situations to your assassin henchmen (if they’re not busy collecting taxes, that is).
    Assassin’s Creed Revelations is fundamentally a rather mediocre and largely uninspired game in an amazingly beautiful and extremely well presented package and if it wasn’t for the story, there would be nothing for me to recommend (except the music).
  17. Jun 25, 2013
    Assassin's Creed games have always had a certain quality about them that made each one unique from the last. The original set the stage for the franchise, the 2nd game greatly built upon the mechanics and setting of the first, and Brotherhood refined the gameplay, setting, and music of the 2nd game.
    So, what makes Assassin's Creed: Revelations unique? Bombs, Zip-lines, and tower defense.

The primary issue with this game is that it isn't very different. If anything, it feels like a large expansion pack for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The gameplay nearly identical to that of prior games, only now with the inclusion of bombs and zip-lines, two items you won't use often. Granted, now you have the hook blade, but honestly it doesn't do much and it fails to spice up the gameplay.
    The only "fresh" idea added to the gameplay here is the tower defense game. However, this is actually quite boring and repetitious and it fails to add anything significant.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations does advance the plot of the Assassin's Creed series quite well. However, the plot is far from spectacular, and the story of this game really doesn't do much of anything interesting. It mainly sets the stage for later installments.

In my opinion, this is the weakest of the entries in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It's not a bad game, but if you play all the games leading up to it, Revelations is quite disappointing.
  18. Jun 24, 2013
    What is this BS? This is not a sequel. This is the shame of the Assassin's Creed series. Yeah.. The gameplay is good....but it's story is the biggest poop I've ever played. Doesn't even fit into the brilliant Assassin's Creed storyline. And because of that for me AC:Rev dug his own grave.
  19. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Revelations didn't really add anything to the game play and just felt like another Assassin's Creed. To its credit, it added bomb customization (which is hilarious) a tower defense mini game (that doesn't belong in Assassin's Creed), and first person missions as Desmond but beyond that, it's just another Assassin's Creed. If you love Assassin's Creed you're going to enjoy it, but if you're hoping for anything new, then this isn't for you. This is the official point when Assassin's Creed has contracted Sequelitis and will end up being a franchise than a series of epic games. Expand
  20. Nov 2, 2012
    This is more of a story game. You only stay in Constantinople (kind of like Rome in Brotherhood) and there are little to no side quests. Constantinople's skyline in somewhat interesting, with the bazaar and palaces, but you can't really shake the feeling that it seems the same across the map. the hookblade is fun to use (zip-lines! wewt) and the bombs make for an interesting experience. the story was pretty interesting if you're wondering what is happening with Ezio and you will not understand the beginning of AC3 without it. The Altiar were disappointing, being only one sequence long each. the multiplayer is pretty fun, putting away the "target compass" from brotherhood and requiring you to pay attention to your surroundings. Overall, this game only exists for the story, and once you finish it, you really just end up putting it down Expand
  21. Nov 2, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a decent follow-up to Brotherhood, but it feels tired and very abrupt due to it's short gameplay and quick ending. This is evidence that the Assassin's Creed franchise is unfortunately starting to decline.
  22. Oct 29, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parkour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste from past titles, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  23. Oct 29, 2012
    Look, i ain't gonna troll, i'm serious this time, this game isn't really a 10 but i gave it that score to make up for all the negative trolls on this page, it's one of the best games from last year imo, 8.5/10.
  24. Oct 29, 2012
    One of the best games in the series, and can somebody, please, tell me why do people like to troll? Yes, we get it, it's not the greatest finale for the trilogy, but it's good enough, i'm only giving this a 10 because there is too many trolls that gave it a 0, my real score is 9.
  25. Oct 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have a lot of feelings regarding this game. Almost entirely negative. This is my favourite game series, and this came so close to ruining it for me. The hook blade is a fine addition, the ziplines are cool (though are rarely placed where you need them), it's kind of nice having a smoke bomb that has a wide area, but apart from that I'm drawing a blank on the 'pros'. Ezio is back, because they'd rather drag him out for an annoying third encore for the audience to sit and clap through even though their hands hurt than they would leave the audience wanting more. Some of the characters you meet are cool, but I wasn't really invested in any of them. Any familiar characters from Ezio's former stories are stripped away from you. They become nothing more than a 'My Dearest Claudia' in the letters which serve as a few underdone quasi cut scenes to take you to the next DNA sequence. The Altair memories which were to be the most exciting element of the game are some of the WORST moments. The story of Altair's life beyond the first game and codex pages of Assassin's Creed 2 is either boring or not fully thought out, I can't tell which. All they needed to do to make playing as Altair the most fantastic experience was to give us the ONE leap of faith taken when taking the shortest route through Masyaf in the first game. INSTEAD it was decided that his movements should, for the most part, be limited to an irritating shuffle. Uphill. For the entire memory. And even in these sections, familiar characters were culled. It's as if the game made a deliberate attempt to alienate any loyal players who'd stuck around since the first game. The games physical space, while gorgeous and brilliantly colourful, is very limiting, or at least feels it. Then comes the excursion to Cappadocia - this nearly saved the game for me, a big statement, trust me. Arriving on that boat and stepping out only to realise it was a Templar CITY - the Templar equivalent of Masyaf - sent a genuine chill down my spine. It got off to a great start too! It's actually my favourite map out of all the games so far, with San Gimignano only just pipping it as best map to play through missions in. It feels big, and it feels dangerous, and it feels wonderful. Then you meet a woman who doesn't seem to need your help, but you help her anyway - she's sassy and capable and the coolest character in the game. Then she disappears from the entire game, when, after being there for five minutes, you for no apparent reason set the entire city on fire, killing hundreds, and leave. Why? I really don't know. And this was just one of a few decisions the game makes for you against your will. Among others are an assassination target who is quite obviously innocent for at least half the time you know him. You are forced to kill him anyway, because the game thinks you don't know that yet. The game feels shockingly and awfully unfinished and lazy. Things are rushed, questions are unanswered, every second character or plot device is a massive cliche and whole chunks of it seem to just be missing. For example, a mission exists to enlist the help of the city's Romani population, however, the leaders of the thieves and mercenaries guilds alarmingly acted as though they knew who I was when I had never spoken to them once, in any game. They took away good features and replaced them with gratuitous ones, they took away good characters and barely replaced them at all, and after this whole depressing ordeal the plot was so forgettable that I can't for the life of me remember what the point of it all was. More than anything I just feel supremely betrayed by this game Expand
  26. Oct 13, 2012
    Bad game by ubisoft. REAL BAD. A very stupid story, no fun free mode, and still boring multiplayer. This game almost put an end to the franchise, literally. If there is one game in the series that you must buy, it is not this one.
  27. Oct 6, 2012
    This game could be amazing if there wasn't so much time waiting for the good stuff to come. Instead of adding pointless and tedious features such as the den defence or the contracts from "brotherhood", Ubisoft should have focused it's budget in better handcrafted level design, more story, and better game mechanics. There are (still) far too many wtf moments when you try to climb and Ezio jumps to the opposite side... and the stealth system (if it can be called that) is far too rudimentary. The game has some great moments indeed, but what happens in between is quite boring. Still, if you like the previous AC you should enjoy this one. Let's hope AC3 is a better and refined version of AC Revelations, instad of another copy and paste. Expand
  28. Sep 21, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is disappointing game. No were near as good as 2 or Brotherhood. Its put me of the series quite a bit. Now i'm not saying you should not buy this game... its just it won't be as good as the other 2 games. Great gameplay and story, new content is not great, tower defence is just annoying but it's optional tho. Bombs are not great either, cool idea... but never used them, but the hook you get is great and helps a lot. The start is boring starts getting good in the middle and great and sad at the end. Overall a decent game but could be better. Assassin's Creed: Revelations 7.2/10 Expand
  29. Sep 5, 2012
    Overall, I have no regrets buying this game. But part of me feels like it was made quickly to fill the gap between AC Brotherhood and AC3. (Not sure if AC3 or if there will be a different one still following Ezio's story.) It's still a great game, the campaign is a nice length, the multiplayer was fun, and you can replay it a few times and not get bored. Other than it felling like it could be a DLC for Brotherhood, it's still a great game. Expand
  30. Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry for all gamers who bought this one at release day: A copy of the copy...when bought some months later, it`s a nice extension to the Enzio Auditore storyline, but still not a hit.
  31. Aug 7, 2012
    The game had a few new aspects that made it an enjoyable experience, the story still being very well made and all, but being the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed series, it sort of felt a little repetitive, the gameplay and voice acting did not change very much since the first.
  32. Aug 3, 2012
    This one will be very short. I have not played any on the other Assassin's Creed games, so I went in expecting it to be exceptionally refined and giving the praise the series has garnered over the last few I thought it should be just short of a masterpiece. I played the opening mission... i thought the controls were... clunky at best. I gave myself about 30 minutes trying out the tutorials they offer, when back to the main game... still felt awful to play. I thought I would give it time, perhaps it would grow on me, and thus I was presented with the first open city. I climbed the first tall building, which was not exhilarating as i was hoping and the vista at the top was awfully dull. I went back down having no inclination to rinse and repeat this process across the city. I spoke to the gent who offered me a mission and to follow him, to which the game offered to relinquish control from me and watch to gents walk through an uninteresting town, babble on about nonsense which I assumed was relating to the not very captivating story (has it always been this bad?) and then be interrupted by the plain and simple bad combat. I was done.

The game was thankfully rented

Back in the envelope
  33. Jul 24, 2012
    Well when I got the game I had high hopes. Then when I played the game those hopes faded. The game is beutiful and has a pretty good story. Although the characters in the game seem a little dull. A big down side to the game is that there wasn't much introduced that was new. Sure the Assassins Creed saga is innovative but it hasn't changed much. This game didn't really have much that could draw me back to playing. The story was good but wasn't exciting and deep. The gameplay got repetitive once I played it for a while. There just wasn't anything interesting going on in the game. It took me literally a month to finish the game because I wasn't very interested in it after a while of playing. I don't know what I is with this Assassins Creed but it's lacking. I'll give it a 7/10 but I would prefer playing the first and second games before considering to buy this one. Expand
  34. May 18, 2012
    Revelations is the best in the series by far. The bomb crafting and tower defense might have been a little off but the story was a fit ending for the series and the gameplay mechanics were a lot smoother than they were on Brotherhood.
  35. Apr 28, 2012
    Ubisoft has managed to destroy the last remnants of the AC game. It started going downhill after AC2 and it has official hit bottom. The only redeeming quality of this game is the new setting. Everything else is junk. If there is anything I would ask Ubisoft to do is not finish AC3 so we don't have to live through yet another disaster. Everything that made the first 2 AC games has been pretty much stripped out in lieu of combat-heavy action scenes mixed with a strategy game that nobody asked for and does not fit logically into the story. Den defense is stupid, not fun, (fortunately) ignorable and adds nothing to the game.

The story continues to be convoluted to the point of uninteresting. It is clear the writers have come up with some cool concept for the finale and are just making stuff up to fill in the blanks until they get there. The Desmond portions continue to be dull, stupid and a complete break from the actual story. If Desmond never came back in subsequent games it would be an improvement but that is unlikely to happen. More likely he'll get more screen time. That is unfortunate because he's an idiot and wouldn't even survive in the real world.

The vehicle sections are, fortunately, very few in this game but they still are horrible. I cringe every time I have to play them. Most sequences also continue to have challenges which are really nothing more than extra requirements to get 100%. I see them as a ploy to increase advertised playtime rather than adding any real value. Most of them go in the very face of what an assassin would want. Fortunately they are rather easy this time compared to previous iterations but they still add little value. This brings me to the combat which mostly states the same as previous games even with the advent of the hookblade which has little value in the game. If I were an assassin would I really want to draw so much attention to myself that I would need/want to fight 4+ guards at once? It's like the devs want to create an FPS so they rely more heavily on combat than stealth. Fortunately they haven't managed to break the combat system too much yet.

Perhaps the worse part of the whole game (and series) is that they continue to have the same poor AI that has been in previous iterations. Do us a favor Ubisoft, fix the AI issues rather than adding crappy new features nobody asked for. Halfway up a tower where a fall would kill me and I press the jump button to leap up to the next ledge should do that every time, not just if I have the direction pad pushed in the correct direction. Because logically there would be some time where I might want to be high enough up that I would want to jump to my death. Some common sense here would go a long way.

Also continuing with this series is the annoying problem of Ezio failing to enter combat mode in some cases. He'll just refuse to do anything until he gets hit. Fix the bugs!!!!

If you have liked the Ezio series and you want more of the same then by all means play this game. But if you're tired of Ezio (because he's had about 2 games too many), think the newer combat stuff is horrible or just want a real sleath game then go elsewhere.
  36. Apr 6, 2012
    Gameplay: AC Revelations brings nothing new to the franchise: Bombs feel forced and are rarely useful, the den defense minigame is painful, and the hook blade is just the regular hidden blade, but oddly shaped (as a hook, to be precise).
    Everything else is exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes 2 years after.

Everything else is
    exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes out two years after.

Story: The story doesn't seem to find it's pace (Takes a lot of chapters to start, then ends abruplty) and no revelations were found, the plot pretty much stayed where Brotherhood left it. I would like to see more about the conflict between the Templars and the Assassins, and less from these Roman Gods with a (still) undefined role, but that's just me.
    The new characters are forgettable and the game felt way shorter than AC 2 or Brotherhood.
    Altair's side missions were nice, but too few and too short for my taste.

Graphics: I don't care about graphics, they seemed good enough for me, and I didn't experience any of the bugs that most people complain about.

I give it a 5 because the franchise is still fun. Would love to rate it higher but it felt rushed and didn't offer anything new to the table.
  37. Mar 28, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parcour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  38. Mar 26, 2012
    With all the anticipating surrounding the game, expectations were high. When the time came when it was released, the game was a hit a miss. Definitely a lot of misses. In some respects the game felt unfinished and unrefined. Some parts of the story had some good ideas going, but the rest was plagued with a lot of repetition and undeveloped gameplay elements such as the tower and defense mode. The singleplayer part could have been much more successful if they had an additional 6 to 12 months to fine tune the ideas present in the game. The overall story arc is a brilliant idea, but it is just poorly executed in quite a few parts.
    Luckily, the multiplayer is where the game does redeem itself. It took the idea started in Brotherhood and refined it and did quite a good job doing so. The experience is much more smooth and queues for stunning have certainly improved greatly. The addition of more abilities fit in nicely while not sparking much balancing concerns. The only concern that is noteworthy is the crafting system, which improves existing abilities without any downside.
    Overall the game has it's good moments, but it definitely has a lot of bad ones. The multiplayer redeems it, but the poorly executed story is what weighs down this rating greatly. If you were a fan of the multiplayer in the last game, you will be more than satisfied, but don't go seeking for a enriching story experience along the lines of Assassin's Creed II or Brotherhood.
  39. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the biggest game of all Assassins Creed to date, lots of side missions and things to see and do, and a huge map spanning 2 districts of Constantinople but this is by far my least favirote game in the series. The story feels strained and alot of the time you find yourself doing things with no motivation, often you will find yourself asking "why am I doing this again" and "who am I fighting" It is really that unclear. The gameplay is the same apart from a few token improvements like the hookblade and bombs. Whilst fun these elements aren't needed and they're just an excuse to change it up a bit. The music is good and it still retains the AC flavour but the entire game feels like Ubisoft trying to rinse as much money as they can from Ezio and co before they move on. It is an interesting game if you want the full AC experience and the characters of Ezio and Altiar remain interesting. The city you can explore is fun to run and climb around and the combat is still as fluid as ever. The multiplayer is by far the better part of Revalations. It makes you feel truly like an assassins and is the most intense online experience I've had. Revalations is flawed and feels tired and outdated, but is still fun for die hard AC fans. Expand
  40. Mar 20, 2012
    This game is visually stunning, as are the other three in the series. From the moment I found myself standing on the top of the Golden Dome looking out at 12th century Jerusalem, I was hooked on this series. From ACII's portrayal of the narrow alleyways of 15th and 16th century Florence, to the claustrophobic feel of San Gimignano, to the expanse of 16th century Rome in Brotherhood, Ubisoft never failed to impress with how well they managed to capture the flavor of the renaissance Italian city-states. It was all topped, however, by the magnificence and the squalor of 16th century Ottoman Istanbul. While I will admit that I am one of those who could not care less about Desmond, Revelation's brief focus on his back story, combined with a goofy and gratuitous new game mechanic, was thankfully far outweighed by by the depth of Ezio's tale. I was also quite pleased to find Altair as a playable character once again and that the remainder of his story was told. While I still think that ACII is the best game of the series, Revelations does not disappoint in the slightest. The game play and combat mechanics are as entertaining as ever, and the narrative qualities of the game are first rate. I'm not one of those gamers who gets his panties in a wad if a developer fails to reinvent a game in every single installment. I feel that if a studio has a narrative structure that works, game play mechanics that satisfy, an appealing aesthetic and a decent combat system, then the studio should use what works to tell the story. That is exactly what Ubisoft has done. By the end of the game, I discovered that I had a bit of an emotional investment in Ezio, and I felt regret that his tale had finally come to an end. If there is any criticism to be leveled, it would have to be about the MacGuffins such as flags, feathers, data bits, etc., that Ubisoft chose to put into the games. It is a small thing, but it does have a tendency to take one out of the experience. Still, it's almost inconsequential and it does have the advantage of encouraging exploration. Well, ok, that and the new bomb additions. The fact that the people of Istanbul seem to enjoy leaving various components for making crude grenades lying around all over the place, and that the Ottoman authorities were oblivious to that fact seemed silly to me. Truth to tell, almost none of the new features that Ubisoft put into Revelations improved on the game very much at all, although I did take a guilty pleasure in the gimmicky qualities of the new hook blade and the zip lines. Again, those are small quibbles. In a world of poorly crafted, disappointing video game franchises, the incredible quality of the AC series shines brightly. Expand
  41. Mar 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall mediocre game and put simply, a disappointment... The setting of the game is placed nicely and is well thought-out, however that seems to be about it. With almost an entirely different new set of characters, this is by no means bad, but the sudden cut from the characters whom we have grown fond of in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood is extremely dispiriting and it prevents you from really getting a connection with the newer characters. The Desmond sub-plot is an extremely boring and does not really help in understanding Desmond's life at all. The death of Lucy, along with how she was cast aside afterwards, and only briefly mentioned once or twice makes fans feel that the game is rushed. The Altair sub-plot however is very engaging and put simply... fun. The gameplay mechanics is fairly smooth, glitches do occur quite often, but nothing that's stopping you from the actual gameplay. The main issue is the lack of support for Assassin's, throughout the game templar after templar get's killed, and in their dying moments they share how they see the world and why templars should use fear and control, the Assassin's only response only seems to be "Requiescat in Pace", nothing more, and the recital of their "creed" and that makes the character feel, that are the Assassin's really on the side of the just and is doing the world a favor. Expand
  42. Mar 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed: Revelations is made by Ubisoft Montreal and helped by other Ubisoft studios and was published by who other than Ubisoft. The game is an excellent edition to the already amazing Assassin's Creed brand featuring Desmond, Altair and Ezio all as playable characters the game does well at rounding up the game for Ezio and possibly Altair and follows the story more behind Ezio than anything else, as he travels around looking for 5 Masyaf Keys to unlock the Masyaf library where Altair has hidden the Apple of Eden. It's a race against time as the Templars are after the Keys aswell. The story does well at everything it does and even welcomes the first appearance of characters like Subject Sixteen (who has been hinted at in other games but not seen until now). The gameplay is the same as any Assassin's Creed game the mission structure has been the same since AC:2 which is not a bad thing, it just offers more variety of what the missions are like. Combat has been barely changed since the very first Assassin's Creed game, which is a shame I think it really needs changing as it's too easy to take on lots of enemies at once and really takes out the fact that you're really outnumbered and can't win without running, it takes away that and overpowers you instead. It's not all bad news with the HUGE range of weapons at Ezios' hands from bombs, crossbows and even to the hidden blade. They have added 2 new modes to the single player which are nice editions; the first one is the Tower defense where the Templars invade an assassin hideout, and it's Ezio's job to stop them using a basic tower defense style of mini game, using assassin's and other means to stop the Templars from destroying the den at the other side. It's a nice edition but can become tiresome quickly as you're about to start a new mission in the story then you're told that one of your dens are being attacked which means going half way across the map to deal with it. The other is a puzzle style of game featuring Desmond in a first person perspective. It's a cool thing to have in the game but again feels unnecessary but if you want to know more about how Desmond grew up and was "chosen" as an assassin then this is a perfect way to do so, I personally found it really interesting. The multiplayer has been barely modified other than adding new game modes and new abilities, it generally feels more polished and you can see that, I found it quite addictive too and I would throw away COD or any game like that for the online; it's unique and really innovative which has payed off handsomely. Graphically it has been upgraded but only barely you can see little graphical changes since AC:2 which is a shame, it was a beautiful graphics engine, ans it's starting to show it's age just like the rest of the engine. The Verdict: If you're looking for a sprawling single player that will last you more than 10 hours then Assassin's Creed: Revelations is for you, with an addictive innovative multiplayer several new modes to play in the single player, this is truly one great game worth checking out even at full price. Expand
  43. Mar 5, 2012
    poor game in a series that has gone stale. Dont believe any hype , the franchise , just like Call of Duty has become mass produced and dull.Dont buy this game
  44. X11
    Feb 21, 2012
    Once again another strong installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise. Loved the premise of this one and was thoroughly engaged throughout. I don't think I will ever tire of these games. Docked one point because it felt like it was over before I blinked, still doesn't take away from the tremendous accomplishment. Immersive world, Engrossing gameplay. 9/10.
  45. Feb 18, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the best action/adventure game of the year. In Revelations, you decide how you accomplish a mission. Do you take the stealthy route, or go in guns blazing? With the inclusion of the bomb crafting system, there are now hundreds of different ways you can go about completing a mission. Also, the story is the best in the Assassin's Creed series, as it not only completes the tale of Ezio Auditore, but also Altair, Ezio's spiritual mentor. The ending of Assassin's Creed: Revelations will leave you crying, a fitting end for an amazing character. Expand
  46. Feb 5, 2012
    Decent game, not worth $60 though.
    Everything seems familiar, and feels rushed.
    I felt like they were trying to end Ezio's story way to fast, and rushed the game and ended up creating a bad game.
    Everything is nearly the same from previous, but Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite series, but this one disappointed me in many ways. Like adding that new mode to defend your dens, that
    was unneeded, just a waste of time.
    If this is going to be your first Assassins Creed, then don't buy it, you will be confused if you haven't played previous ones.
    I love the Assassins Creed series, I love it's combat even if it's really easy, there is just something about it that makes it SO enjoyable to see your enemy die that way.
    I am going to give Assassins Creed another chance, and buy their next game, but they better not disappoint me again, and I am sure many others agree the same way.
  47. Feb 5, 2012
    More of the same is not always a bad thing, especially when the "same" was good to begin with. The real problem with "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not its similarities to its predecessors - no, the core mechanics are still fun, and the plot feels more resolved than ever by Ezio's final mission. The real problem? Unnecessary additions. As this series has continued, they've tacked on more and more utterly useless pieces, from the pointless leveling of your support assassins in "Brotherhood" to the abominably irritating "den defense" sections in this game. Even the "hookblade," extending ezio's reach, only makes you feel sluggish when you can't find a zipline in the painfully small Constantinople. Don't get me wrong, the core mechanics are fine, even if the fighting is still uninspired block-counter-rinse-repeat. But the core mechanics are what should be built upon in a sequel, not tacking on more stuff. Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, with a little bit too much padding in its side missions. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was still an okay game, but with much more padding even if the multiplayer was good. Assassin's Creed Revelations is so padded, it's hard to see the good game underneath. Which is a shame. I actually enjoyed the plot in this much more than "Brotherhood," but it's buried under a pointless quest involving local politics. And dull bomb crafting. And den defense. And those useless other assassin's I'm supposed to micromanage. Here's hoping in AC 3 they try a "less is more" approach. Expand
  48. Feb 5, 2012
    Revelations is hardly the masterpiece Assassins Creed 2 or Brotherhood were. However Revelations at least experimented with its formula by adding bomb crafting and Den Defense. One thing I really like from Revelations were the masyaf keys allowing the gamer to see how Altair became the assassin grand master. In Brotherhood, the addition of assassins recruits seemed necessary because the player was trying to liberate Rome from templar influence, while in revelations it were the Byzantines who were under templar influence not the Ottomans. I wasn't expecting a lot from this game, mainly because it started out as a 3DS game, but Revelations feels like an expansion to Brotherhood. Expand
  49. Jan 29, 2012
    Amazing game, which improves in basically everything:story, gameplay , graphics and multiplayer. I really dont get why critics are so biased against this Franchise, while praising Call of Duty and Battlefield. You know what: Assassins Creed 3 comes this year, so eat that metacritic.
  50. Jan 28, 2012
    There is not another series of video games like Assassin's Creed. I love books and movies.. and to me the Assassin's Creed games have a great story line much like a movie or book, being very unique. And Assassin's Creed Revelations didn't let me down. Revelations does a great job of wrapping up the story for both Altair and Ezio. And it seems with each game they improve both the repeat game play that was very evident in the first game and has been broken up nicely as each sequel has come out. My only complaint about this game, which seems to be with almost everyone is the defense mini game... If it was optional then that would have been fine, but the fact that you have to defend or you will lose your area eventually is a bit of pain and it only feels like that because the game play is so much different than the rest of the game. But other than that this is the best Assassin's Creed game to date and has done a fantastic job at complicated and deep story telling. I can't wait to see what they come out with next! Expand
  51. Jan 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the game. It was 2am in the morning. The ending was so I have no words to explain well it like playing Batman Arkham City I was completey immersed the story and as if I was Ezio or Altiar in the game. . It completely blew me away. The ending made me so excited for AC3. Those who though Assassin Creed Brother was AC3 not its not technically it AC2.5 and ACR well I don't know 2.5.5? I would say Assassin Creed Revelation is the best of the Assassin Creed Series. First the story is Epic you learn more about Ezio and learn about what happened to Altair. Yes I know there some fans complaining about the fight mechanics but it still satisfying doing long streaks. I loved the new additions in the game but den defense was bit off but there was great improvement in how the assassin apprentice progress. The idea of master assassin mission is a huge improvement. This gives a picture how new assassin are trained. Also the notorious first person mode for Desmond. Yes I know it very random but actually I found very fun. I liked more about Desmond pass. The multi player also improved greatly. I loved how the added the bombs and new perks. The top thing I loved about in ACR are the new secret locations It huge improvement from AC2 and ACB locations. The small stuff I get didnt like was loss of horses from ACB I loved them but the zip lines was very good idea. Also when fighting I found using bomb and easy to kill enemies which made the game a bit to easy but there where times i actually needed to survive. Yes the counter moves are pretty much similar from before but they a lot of new counter moves to Ezio you just have to wait and see what new epic move he will do. This are small problems but DON'T LET IT STOP YOU FROM NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME IN THE GAME!!!!!! Honestly it just a small problem don't make it ruin the whole game. Also the last thing I was going say is please for those who haven't played a single Assassin Creed game play the first three games before think of buying ACR. This will give whole story because some people who give a low score. The reason is because they just look at gameplay not story because probably they didn't understand what is happening in the game. The story is reason why I give this game a 10 and I ignore all the small problem :D. I am very excited for Assassin Creed 3 Expand
  52. Jan 27, 2012
    With the exception of a good storyline that takes way too long to unfold, we've played this game before. Considering it came out just one year after its succesful Brotherhood, I don't mind that the graphics and game mechanics are the same, but the concept of going into a city and liberating it from Templar influence while building up your own is just too much of the same thing to want to keep jumping into it. You do get alternate storylines of bringing forth Desmond's role, and recapping what happened to Altair, but you have to go on scavenger hunts to unlock these. Out of all the aspects of the Assassin's series, scavenger hunts are my least favorite. The introduction to bomb making is useless because, unless forced to, I don't use them. Nothing was more dissapointing to me in this game then coming upon a treasure box only to discover bomb componets to a bomb that I'll never make. The defending of the Assassin's Den was incredibly boring the first time I played it, and I made sure I was quit careful not to let my notoriety get too high so that I could avoid playing it again. Overall, the game by itself is a good formula and it carries on the Creed storyline. It's just too much of the same thing that is dissapointing. Expand
  53. Jan 21, 2012
    This is the 2nd best AC game, after the much more polished and realized AC 2. I really liked this game and found it to be most involving despite the lesser cultural weight of Constantinople versus Rome or Renaissance Italy. The narrative is involving, and the action delivers. Yes, it's similar to the previous games - but I think there are enough refinements and style that it remains a strong delivery and conclusion to an excellent series. Expand
  54. Jan 16, 2012
    The third instalment of the series (Lets forget about the first, shall we) is a fitting end to the story arcs of Ezio and Altair. Though the weaponry is a little cumbersome (there are so many it gets a bit ridiculous) the combat is fun and the story is engaging. The tone of Ezio as an ageing man is executed well, which makes the player aware of how invested they are in the character. Desmonds side missions are also an unusual and welcome side quest, though the Den Attack sections could have been handled a lot better. Collapse
  55. Jan 10, 2012
    The fact is, Assassin's Creed: Revelations deserves a far higher score than it has been given. The fact that it has a lower score than Brotherhood should be strange on it 's own; even though I love Brotherhood, there is no doubt among many that it is the weakest of the "Ezio games" (I'm not counting the first game). EVERYTHING is improved in Revelations. In fact, the only reason I would not score it higher than the AC2 is simply because AC2 is more original, and laid the foundation for this game to follow upon.

First of all, the story is amazing. Ubisoft promised a satisfying end to the Ezio/Altair stories, and they delivered. This game had some of the most memorable moments in the series. The characters are well done, and by the end of the game you will feel genuinely attached to them. This is a more personal story; Ezio is no longer a young assassin seeking revenge on corrupt nobles, but instead an older man trying to find answers for the path his life has taken. I won't spoil the rest of the story, but believe me, it won't disappoint. (incidentally, the soundtrack is fantastic as well, kudos to Jesper Kyd)

As for the gameplay, I don't understand why people complain about it being "more of the same". What exactly did you expect? Did you think Ubisoft would reinvent the wheel in a game that is not even a numbered sequel?. I will leave the burden of "innovation" for the inevitable AC3. But this game does a perfect job of refining and improving the style of gameplay that was popularized by AC2, and I don't see that has a bad thing. The bombs and hook blade are fantastic additions, and only serve to increase the amount of ways to get through a mission. By Revelations, you truly are the ultimate assassin.

Multiplayer is sort of a polarizing affair for many, but I enjoy it and I applaud Ubisoft for actually being able to craft a good MP component. Assassin's Creed is not a game that would appear to lend itself to MP, but Ubisoft managed to do it. It is neither "tacked on", nor does it diminish from the single player experience. If you played Brotherhood MP, you will be fairly familiar, but Revelations does overhaul and refine the experience quite a bit. Really, there's nothing to dislike here. If you do, you probably weren't a huge fan of AC anyways, because if you were like me and fell in love with the AC universe after AC2, then Revelations won't disappoint. Perfect ending to what has been one of the most unique story arcs in recent gaming history. 9.5/10
  56. Jan 6, 2012
    i hate the assassins creed games they are not really that fun all three games are the same story repeated it all around are horrible games so it does not shock me that this one is bad
  57. Jan 4, 2012
    The additions are laughably bad. Den Defense is a poorly implemented tower defense mini-game, bombs are pointless considering all the other weapons you already had from previous games, and the Desmond sequences are mind-numbingly boring. The development team clearly ran out of ideas with this one. Save your money, and pick up AC2 for $10 (or less), which is the only good one of the series.
  58. Jan 3, 2012
    Assassins Creed revelations is one of the GOTY. The gameplay, graphics, sound and story are brilliant. The multiplayer even includes are story which gives a more in-depth look at the Templars.
  59. Jan 2, 2012
    The fourth game in the series, but the third and final game which you will play as the amazing Ezio Auditore.

From the start of the game it is clear that the end is near for Ezio. He is looking old, you can see the grey in his hair and bear, the wrinkles on his face stand out a mile and he is starting to get rather slow. A clear indication as to how old he his getting is the new device he
    has. It is basically, what I like to call, a walking stick for jumping from roof to roof. Ezio now canâ Expand
  60. Dec 31, 2011
    This was an absolutely unnecessary game to release to continue the AC storyline. The fact that hardly anything new was added to the combat is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Look, I loved AC 2 and I thought Brotherhood was a good enough followup to wrap up Ezio's story. However this game was not necessary and it really does seem they put the minimum amount of effort into making this game. It truly is almost a copy-paste of Brotherhood with only some minor things added in here and there. I think it's not right what they are doing to this franchise by releasing a new rehashed game every year as if it's some sort of sports franchise. This franchise deserves better and I can only hope they really go all out for AC 3 and not release anymore of these follow up stories. Expand
  61. Dec 31, 2011
    EPIC, DELICIOUS AND LOVELY, the game is just wonderful, the way it conclude the Altaïr's story, and open the gates for Desmond's fate is just perfect, loved it
  62. Dec 30, 2011
    After all i heard i didnt expect much, but as an AC fan i had to pick it up.
    It really impressed me, i think the story was great, but to short. It took me 8 ingame hours to complete, and i dont think ive gotten that much better at AC. Personally i think the story was lame, it was at the end it really got to me, and the few and short Altair missons was so much better. And it seems to
    finally focus on Desmond a little It have gotten a few improvments, but not much, they make it seems like a big deal about the hookblade, but it really isnt.
    In Short: Pros: Desmond more central, Altair is back
    saying goodbye to Ezio Cons:
    new but unnecessary improvements
    Mini games are boring
    Saying goodbye to Ezio
  63. Dec 30, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the perfect game to end Ezio's chapter of the Assassin's Creed story line. Many improvements have been made, graphics, game play, fighting, free running, multi-player etc. The only problem with AC:R I have is the legnth of the story, for me it was around 4 to 6 hours. The worst part is that you can only play as Altair 5 times ( But in these 5 playable moments he is awesome) Expand
  64. Dec 29, 2011
    This game pulls a call of duty, in that it's a direct copy from the other AC games. I'm going to run down all the differences between this game and brotherhood.
    HOOKblade: Nothing more than an upgrade for your climbing. It expands your reach, that's about it. Useful, but not very fun.
    Ziplines: Makes jumping from building to building more linear. Not a very good thing.
    Storyline: Good,
    however it could have been done in an expansion pack for how short it is.
    Templar/Assassin Dens: I actually really enjoyed infiltrating templar dens. However, if they involved more than killing one specific person and lighting a fire on a tower, I would have enjoyed them much more.
    Notoriety bar: No no no no no no no no no no no NO. This was an absolutely AWFUL idea. The oath of the assassins is "Nothing is true; Everything is permitted". Everything is permitted eh? Then how come I have to constantly hold back on doing what I want because of this bar? Also, the fact that it goes up if you renovate shops or buy from shops is incredibly stupid. It makes sense, yes, but it is incredibly annoying. Absolutely unnecessary. Add in the fact that lowering the notoriety bar makes you go completely out of your way constantly, and we have a gigantic mess.
    Mediterranean Defense: Somebody down at Ubisoft apparently said "Hey guys, I think the system for sending assassins out on missions is far too convenient! What say we make it so it requires constant maintenance? Players will love that!"
    Bombs: I liked bombs for the large variety of them you were able to create. However, I quickly forgot about them in favor of my already existing arsenal. I won't hold this against the game since it's mostly my fault, but I don't have much of an opinion on them.
    Controls: In brotherhood, the controls screwed up once in a while. It was nothing too bad. Now, I feel like I'm trying to control a drunken man. I lost count of how many times Ezio jumped away from a wall when I was holding up on the control stick.
    Desmond's Journey: I felt like ending this review on a good note. Desmond's Journeys are a completely new addition to the game. I'm going to avoid spoiling anything for anyone who wants to buy the game. I'll just say it brings a new puzzle aspect to the series that was very nice to see. It brought my rating from a 5 to a 6.
  65. Dec 27, 2011
    I played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come the director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in the videogame industry is still a mystery to me. Also before I finish my review, for anyone that knows mediterranean history, this game has some serious flaws in presenting what exactly the Ottomans/Turks were and most importantly, how civilized they were. I also find it funny that in Italy of Renaissance the guards didn't have any weapons but at the same time in Turkey, which was in the middle ages at that time, they had found rifles! In the end, one thing I learned from the Assassin's Creed series is: Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. And I use my critical thinking in everything. Thank you Ubisoft for teaching me how to do it. :P Here's looking forward to the next series by Patrice DÃ Expand
  66. Dec 23, 2011
    PROS: -Very well crafted city environment. -Still plenty to do. -Hugely improved and entertaining multiplayer experience. -A fitting end to Ezio's story. CONS: -Same gameplay and control issues. -The Altair segments are just too damn short to be meaningful. -WHAT 'Revelations'?!?! We STILL don't know why J. made D. kill L.! -Starting to show signs of Rushed Development.

VERDICT: An okay AC game... but I'm starting to see signs of rushed development. For the love of God Ubisoft, don't kid yourselves into thinking you have to release the next game by 2012. Give it the time it needs.
  67. Dec 19, 2011
    Although i did enjoy the game, i do not think it was as good as is previous installments. Some of the missions are very linear and too easy to complete, and with the guidance systems telling you where and how to do something, it is no longer a challenge. On another note, the faction quests are extremely short, the most was roughly six, and the least amount of the questions for an entire faction was one. The multilayer has however lived up to brotherhood. A few tweaks have enhanced the experience and made it more comprehensive. Expand
  68. Dec 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is more of the same, but with very little innovation when compared to the last few entries. Essentially it's AC:B plus a tower defense minigame and bomb crafting, both of which are less impressive than they may sound. Den defense can be aggravating at times, due to poor controls and visibility, and that it's essentially the game's way of punishing you for becoming notorious. You can bribe/assassinate your way out of notoriety, but there are no heralds or officials at night, and you get notoriety for nearly every action, including buying shops. I thought bombs were pretty boring, awkward to use and anything they can do, Ezio can already do faster. AC:R's story was kind of boring, it's self-contained and does little to further the overall plot of the series. Constantinople/Istanbul felt less intriguing than Rome, with fewer interesting landmarks and more annoying guards. Multiplayer has been improved a bit with more customization options and modes, but I've never particularly cared for it in this series. AC:R isn't a bad game, it's just meh compared to the others and is definitely the series' weakest offering. Expand
  69. Dec 17, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. This was the first of the Assassins Creed games I had played. I think this game is fit for anyone for craving of sneaky adventures!
  70. Dec 17, 2011
    You know how when someone uploads a Youtube video, but flips the screen first, so they can't get sued for copyright? Compared to the original, that's about how different this game is from it's predecessors. Just like MW3..it's the SAAAAAAME thing over and over again so they can have a yearly release with nothing new being offered to the customer. BOOORING.
  71. Dec 13, 2011
    I must give 0 points just to correct the average score...I know, the ones who liked the game gave 10 though it wasn't worth it neither. In fact it is a 75-85% Game! This game is far too short, it is far too easy and there is no **** story at all! AC2 ist one of my favorite gtames of all time. Brotherhood was also great. But it was for the reason, that both games combinded two Storys and many epoches. Not just the high medieval age and modern times, but any epoche thinkable with those glyphs.

You'll miss it all in Revelations. Press two buttons and win the game in less than 3 or 4 Hours....
  72. Dec 13, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelations, by far the best AC title out. The story of ACR will keep you on the edge of your seat and to top it off, literally blows your mind. Such a compelling complex story with excellent characters, and the gameplay was nothing short of amazing. You will find it extreamly difficult to get bored of this game. As for the critic giving this a 80 shame on you all, You would'nt know a good game if it hit smack in the face. 10/10 ACR is defiantly a contender for Game of year action adventure. And Ezio is by far the greatest game character of our time i never felt so attached to one Ezio Greatest Mentor of our time "The life of an assassin is pain, you suffer it you infilict it you watch it happen in hope that it will dissapear in time". Requiescat En Pace, Ezio Auditore Da Firenze. Expand
  73. Dec 13, 2011
    The only new additions to AC's gameplay with this instalment add very little to the experience (if anything, they detract from it) and every other aspect, carried directly from Brotherhood, seems somehow more sluggish and unworkable then they were before, Ezio himself moving even slower than in ACII (Am I crazy to think that the fourth game in a popular series would be an upgrade instead of a downgrade?). The character of Ezio has certainly seen better days, and the plot that surrounds him in 16th Century Constantinople is even more paper-thin than Brotherhood, the city itself is poorly designed and lacks the flow of cities in previous titles like Florence, Venice and Roma, and its even more scaled down than Roma as well, a fete which I thought impossible, given how tiny Roma was to begin with. The supporting characters however, in particular, Yusuf Tazim, do tend to bring life to an otherwise dead script whenever they are involved. Desmond's story is the complete opposite, with regular updates coming in regarding events in the real world and Desmond's own personal journey to free his mind from the animus, within which he is trapped, with yet another great supporting character, Subject 16. The Multiplayer carries its bulk from Brotherhood, but, unlike the single-player, refines the experience rather than weigh it down underneath an ever-growing pile of unnecessary **** If you're an Assassin's Creed fan, of course you should buy this, Desmond's plot is really coming together, and if you can ignore a ****-load of average gameplay, you'll feel very rewarded at the end (if nothing else, this game ended well). If you're looking for some original, ingenious multiplayer to break up the testosterone overload caused by mainstream shooters, again, you should buy this. If you don't fall into either of these categories, I would advise you to stay away. Hey, it's still better than AC1, but that isn't saying much :| Expand
  74. Dec 11, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a good game that could have been better. The story of Ezio is developed well but Altair's revelations are very linear and somewhat empty despite the quality background information given. And even though Desmond's story isn't a focal point, including his story created more questions and there were not enough answers given. His monologue-driven, first--person platforming sequences were also horribly done creating too much imbalance between solving puzzles and listening to Desmond's monologues.

Other gameplay elements such as Den Defense don't necessarily take away from the game but do not add much to it either. It's easier to let the Templars recapture the Den and kill the captain to take it back. The hook blade isn't a bad inclusion but again, it does nothing to enhance the gameplay to the point of making it feel more interesting than Brotherhood. Multiplayer comes back without making any unnecessary sacrifices or inclusions which makes it the most stable part of Revelations. New game modes, perks and abilities make it a lot more challenging without changing what wasn't broken in the first place.

While the game is still fun because the overall formula is still the same, don't expect to feel totally satisfied as this game is not as well-done as its predecessors.
  75. Dec 11, 2011
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The game begins with stunningly harmonic soundtrack and throughout the game continues to deliver the breath-taking graphics and audio that I seek in a game. Love it. I hope Ubisoft releases more games the Assassin's Creed series in the future. They've crafted an epic series.
  76. Dec 5, 2011
    Well 9.5 actually, the game makes various improvements to an already great formula established by the first three games. Although some additions may feel a little contrived such as the tower defense minigame, it does little to take away from the great experience. But my biggest surprise to the game was how different it felt from previous installments.The city feels much bigger, the graphics have seen a major facelift, the new weapons give more freedom in how you tackle missions and the storytelling has been vastly improved. All in all Revelations is a great game, but one must wonder how long ubisoft can keep its momentum with its annual release date of this franchise. Story:9.5 Gameplay:9.5 Graphics:9.2 soundvoice acting:9 Enjoyment :10 Replay value 10. Expand
  77. Dec 4, 2011
    Revelations is a must purchase if you are an AC fan.
    However, if you have never played AC before do NOT purchase this game as it is not a good reflection on the series.
    Identical to the last 3 releases: Quality graphics, sound, and story. Changes from the previous 3: Gameplay feels aimless at times, sluggish controls, and an absolutely horrible new tower defense mode - which, BTW, has NO
    PLACE in a 3rd person action/adventure game. Expand
  78. Dec 3, 2011
    I beat the game before I wrote this review. Pros: Single Player Very nice storyline continuation from 2 and brotherhood. Epic feel. Decent new combat and movement additions. eg. hook, zipline assassination 2 separate enemy factions complicated game dynamics We get to play as altair and desmond instead of just ezio. Multiplayer Multiplayer point system was changed so points werent so retardedly easy.
    More things to unlock. eg. Titles
    Shorter queue times (probably because game is new)
    Balance to skills (no smoke bombing at low levels)

Cons:
    Single Player: tower defense and bombs were kinda of an annoyance rather than fun.
    Fewer side activities (fewer missions, no global investment, no challenge mode)
    Vehicular combat (carriages, parachutes, etc), felt crappy and annoying
    Somewhat short

Multiplayer:
    Players look uglier than in brotherhood.
    No templar grade pyramid (?)
  79. Dec 3, 2011
    Why is it that people seem to have trouble understanding that this game is for all intents and purposes a continuation of AC2 and AC:B. Its not titled AC3! This is really no different than if they would have released Brotherhood and Revelations as DLC for AC2 and spread it out over 2 years. They make tweaks where necessary and add little tid bits to change up the gameplay slightly. I agreed with most people about the Den defenses(wasn't thought out very well). But what are the developers supposed to do, people whine and gripe when games don't change stuff between entries but then they want to b**ch when somethings added in to give a change of pace. That is why they make video games and we just play them. And for all those people out there that want really want to complain, explain to me how its ok for COD to release essentially the same game every year for the last like 5 years and nobodies has an issue with that, when these are continuations and its not okay. And one last complaint, for all those people out there that haven't finished the game yet, and it doesn't matter what game it is, unless you literally stop playing the game, make sure you finish the game before posting about how there is no story or things of that nature. Video games are story driven like movies, you don't go see a movie and say how amazing or horrible it is without finishing it, do you? Just food for thought. Anyways, I just finished the game with almost 90% synch and about 35 hours of gameplay trying to accomplish everything, besides the Den Defense parts and loved almost everything about this game like I did the last 2. If you are expecting something different pick it up later when it drops in price, if you like the way the last 2 played and you want to know a good bit more about the main characters and some pretty good plot points and developments right towards the end, give it a try. If your disappointed by the end of it Trade it in and pick up Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 3, or Elder Scrolls Skyrim, those are probably the only other recent releases that I would say are actually better games with a good amount of replayability other than the online play of Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  80. Nov 29, 2011
    I have really enjoyed this game. It is my favorite from assassins creed series. Actually, revelations is a well polished AC2 and brotherhood with new quests and spectacular missions. If AC2 and Brotherhood were exactly same, AC:R offers new mission types and new weapons concepts, so I think this game is underrated. It definitely deserves 90 - 95.
  81. Nov 28, 2011
    Well, i didn't expect any super-new gameplay from the game, hookblade was nice, bombs nothing but an ignoring crap, but one thing that amused me is ........... game is more realistic onto history, Mongols attack and destroy assassins just like as it was in history,
    People talk about that there is nothing new in the game, so the same with Batman Arkham City ? WTF ?
    Only positiveness is, its
    PLOT
    Nice Game, 9 of 10
  82. Nov 28, 2011
    Perfect way to describe this game, "It is what it is". If you liked the previous releases then you will like this one. The managed to add a few things to the game not previously seen, some are pretty cool (parachute,hooks) and some are down right worthless (taking dens over and maintaining them). Still it plays on the storyline and opens you up to the future games to come.
  83. Nov 27, 2011
    I don´t agree with the users that rate ACR with 0 or 6 because you can´t expect that a game that was created in 1 year changes much, im sure that the next assassins will innovate as much as the AC2 innovate from AC1 be patient and don´t be silly, this is a great game with a a great story, and a great game play yeah the same as the last but still great.
  84. Nov 27, 2011
    Great game, even if it's a copy-paste from the last two. The added mechanics aren't what made me keep coming back, it's the old stuff. The Den Defense is poorly implemented and probably shouldn't have been included. The bomb-making is ok, and can be utilized well, but wasn't really necessary and doesn't add anything great to the game. Those issues can be easily overlooked though when compared to the beauty of the city, interesting (if not believable) story, and wonderful mechanics that carry over from Brotherhood. While it's hard to recommend jumping in here, if you haven't played any of the other AC games, if you have, Revelations should be a serious contender for your hard-earned cash. Expand
  85. Nov 27, 2011
    Great game,though it was a bit similar to Brotherhood and den defence wasnt all that good.But the story, graphics and soundtracck were quite good too.
  86. Nov 26, 2011
    WHAT A GAME !!! beautiful graphics, unique story... WOW !! Better than his predecessors !
    The multiplayer is even better !!! Ubisoft, thanks for this game !
  87. Nov 26, 2011
    This game, the conclusion of Ezio's story, is very good. The storyline is great, the city is amazing and the characters are well designed. The only thing that I don't like at this game is the "tower defense" minigame. It is very boring. This is why I will give to gameplay 9, not 10. So, let's recap: Storyline = 10, Characters = 10, Setting = 10, Gameplay = 9. That means 49/50, so a minus 10. Great game indeed. Expand
  88. Nov 24, 2011
    I was not a huge fan of AC 1 and 2 but Brotherhood I ended up having a good time on. Revelations though is a step backwards for the series in my opinion. The new mini games are horrible and bring nothing good to the series. The worst is the 3d puzzle garbage that is a silly attempt at bringing Portal'ish puzzles to the series. The next is a bad tower defense game that also feels way out of place.

The actual action and what not is still very fun and I wish they would have had more of it in this game instead of the very ridicolous side missions. Also they took horses out which boggles my mind to!

The one plus of this game is the good story, very well done in that aspect but that's about it to be honest.
    All they had to do was take what Brotherhood did well and add to it, but no they had to take all these things out and add in pointless stuff.

In the end I would stay away personally unless you are a AC junky, but even then you might be dissapointed in this game.
  89. Nov 24, 2011
    Revelations has, by far, the best story in the franchise thus far, and this is where the game's title truly comes through. The ending packs an enormous emotional punch for any fan of the franchise, and wraps up Ezio's story quite well. Along with phenomenal voice acting, and a beautiful world, you will become immersed into the fiction once again.

Unfortunately, Revelations falls short in
    the gameplay department. While the combat is better than ever with the free flow style back from brotherhood, the enemy types, mission design, and frustration factor of this game really disappoint, and that is disappointing given the franchise. Borgia towers worked really well and were fun to take out in Brotherhood, yet Ubisoft decided to discard that concept and convolute it with Den Defense which is slightly tedious at best and extremely frustrating at worse. Additionally, some of the new enemy types in this game are extremely frustrating to fight and will eat up your health. Now every rooftop guard has a rifle which will take out half your health in one shot are deadly accurate. However, there are some improvements. The hook blade is a fantastic addition which makes climbing and other tasks not only easier, but more enjoyable (hook and run is great). Also, the new "catacombs" in the game linked with the main story are more cinematic (think Uncharted) which makes them immensely enjoyable.

Overall, this game could have been perfect if it weren't for the rather significant flaws in the gameplay department. Hopefully Ubisoft learns from their mistakes and doesn't repeat them in Assassins' Creed 3. If you're a big fan, definitely pick this one up, but expect some frustration along the way of a fantastic plot line.
  90. Nov 23, 2011
    This review is for the campaign only.

This is not a sequel in any sense of the word except for the fact that it somewhat furthers the story. Sadly, not much is really solved, and the game is very tedious. The mechanics to maintain "dens" are very annoying after the first handful of times because of how long it takes to get these dens secured by your own assassins. There's also a
    metagame in which you fight for control over the Mediterranean by sending your assassins off to complete missions and capture cities. Again, templars can retake anything you take, so expect to find yourself needing to stop the main quest repeatedly to take care of your fellow assassins and your duty as peacekeeper of the Mediterranean.

Not much new is introduced. Bombs are very fun, but you'll likely end up just using the weaponry from Brotherhood. The enhanced climbing is nice, but it feels less solid than Brotherhood and AC2. I have found myself getting quite frustrated at Ezio jumping away from structures when I was very clearly pushing up on the joystick. Honestly, I can't think of anything else that is new. Oh, ziplines from building to building. In my opinion, the metagames have become more annoying and intrusive, and the new additions are not enough to outweigh how heavily this game feels like Brotherhood. I found Brotherhood to be a worthy sequel to AC2. It introduced much more to the series.

I am giving this game a 4/10 as a sequel, and 9/10 as an expansion pack. I really cannot justify $60 for this game, though. Brotherhood, yes; a small expansion pack for Brotherhood, no. I have not played the multiplayer, but from what I have seen it appears very similar to Brotherhood with a few new modes.

Rent this one if you want. Otherwise, just read up on the story. Ah well, maybe the next installment will be better.
  91. Nov 22, 2011
    I thought the game was fantastic. Yes it follows the same formula used in previous installments but playing as Altair made this a must have. It was pretty cool to see what really happened to Altair after the events of the first. Only downsides are the Altair episodes being short and a ridiculous make-over for Desmond Miles, but I would definitely recommend this to any open adventure gamer.
  92. Nov 22, 2011
    We could have had two really great games. What we got instead were three "good" games. Revelations was an unneeded game. Not because it didn't bring some great things to the series (the story, specifically), but because they were things that should have been in Brotherhood. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure some of the designers share my complaints. You never truly ship the "perfect" game you had in mind; there's always more that can be done.

Assassin's Creed 2: The best in the series. Plenty of content. The story gave us a charming protagonist, and a sympathetic story of revenge. The biggest flaw? Not ending the Borgia plot. Instead, we were treated to a rushed climax, where Ezio simply decides to abandon his quest for revenge five minutes too soon. Brotherhood: I'm not saying Ezio should have killed the Pope in AC2. Every good character needs to make some mistakes to grow. But the Borgia plot in Brotherhood was just a bad case of deja vu. Hadn't the revenge themes already been explored? To its credit, Brotherhood added a great chunk of content, and refined all of the already great elements of AC2 without breaking the system.

Revelations: The gameplay is exactly the same, for better or worse. Bombs are the only interesting addition. The hookblade is unneeded, and reeks of gimmick. Den Defense, however, is the worst thing to happen to the series. It absolutely ruins the pacing of the game, forcing players to engage in a mediocre (and horribly flawed) minigame whenever they gain too much Templar attention, a bar increased by trying to play the damn game.
    However, it easily has the best story of the trilogy. Sofia's relationship with Ezio grows naturally, and runs concurrently with the main plot, giving us a nice change of pace. Shows some great duality in Ezio's character: assassin vs. man, something that's been teased throughout the series. But the early story is a bit familiar: didn't we already start a Brotherhood? These Ottoman assassin's don't exactly treat me like Il Mentore, hero of all Italy. No, they treat me like a senile old retiree. "What do you mean, you don't have a hookblade? No bombs? Get with the times, old man." Instead of adding new weapons, how about new defenses against riflemen, a new and scary enemy of the Assassins? Adapting to a new world is an interesting theme explored in games such as Red Dead Redemption, and I would have loved to see them explored here. No such luck.

My Recommendations:
    My additions to AC2 would purely be story based: none of the gameplay additions would be added until the sequel. The Christina Missions from Brotherhood should have been incorporated into AC2's plot. It gives us an anchor for an otherwise baseless story of revenge. It gives us an awareness for the passage of time, and the toll it has had on Ezio. It is the first example of my favorite theme in the series: a man giving all he has to an order (never fully explored until Revelations). AC2 would have ended with the Borgias. The main flaw of AC2 was a lack of closure, now achieved via the death of the Borgias. Instead of giving us a huge cast of conspirators to kill, the game should have limited our targets, incorporating the ending of AC2 and minimal plot of Brotherhood: ie: the plot to take down Italy via the papacy. This sort of streamlining worked great in Revelations. The next game would finish Ezio's story. The plot would largely resemble Revelations, with small changes. First and foremost: the world would need to be larger. Constantinople could serve as the hub world, with entire sequences taking place in smaller, newer areas (similar to multiple cities in AC2). Sequence 7 of Revelations does something similar, and was easily my favorite part of the game. We would get an idea of the global expansion of the Brotherhood, with a nice variation in mission structure. Simply put, this game would combine the gameplay innovations from Brotherhood with the superb story of Revelations. The best themes would be there: expansion of the Brotherhood, knowing a man's limits / place in the world, giving ones life to an organization, etc. It would be the perfect finisher. And yes, we would still keep the Altair missions.

The Brotherhood / Revelations hybrid would have needed additional prep time. Personally, I would have been fine with not having Brotherhood and waiting until this year for the hybrid. It all boils down to planning. With time, the team could have come up with the perfect way of combining these games. It seems the crucial flaw of the series was maintaining a proper storyline across all games, and still giving each installment a sense of accomplishment and closure. Instead, we received three games where the protagonist never had a motive beyond revenge. A failure to develop a strong cast of characters (and even abandoning most of them in Revelations) gave the game a lack of heart, and a lack of direction.
  93. Nov 22, 2011
    With the notable exception to the Tower Defense mini game (wonky controls, the Templar army spawning too quickly versus how fast you can spawn units) AC: Revelations is what the series is all about. And it was refreshing to see how the character Ezio was well handled. Ezio's story is over in Assassin's Creed but Desmond's still has a few things to show. Can't wait to see where AC III takes us.
  94. Nov 22, 2011
    This is one of the best assassina creed ever. If you dont understand the story of this game get the first one, if you got this game and didnt play the others and didnt understand, get the first one. This is one of the bets with really great visual's for the game's time and nice movement with a touch of blur when you move ezio( but it's ment to do that ) and when you attack the enemy with you weapon, you get this nice sword sound thats makes you feel it's life like game. This really deserves a 10/10. Expand
  95. Nov 22, 2011
    Ubisoft decided to pull an Activison and rehash their strongest franchise on a yearly basis.
    Unlike CoD, however, that mainly thrives from its MP this concept is not working out for the SP focused AC series.
    What Ubisoft is putting out with AC:R could be considered an expansion pack at best. Maybe they should have taken a lesson from Bethesda and Rockstar who were very successful with DLC
    addons for GTA IV and Fallout 3 because that is essentially what you are getting with AC:R, more content for AC2. Expand
  96. Nov 21, 2011
    Since Assassin's Creed II I've been hooked on the Ezio Auditore storyline and for those whom are the same I will say this is the needed closure for that story. The gameplay is similar and somewhat marginally improved over AC: Brotherhood however I still loved the play through. Regarding Ezio, there is little to want with the end of this series and it definitely lays a good foundation for the release in 2012. Expand
  97. Nov 21, 2011
    They have nearly perfected the climbing and free-running with the addition of the hook blade, giving you a bit of extra climbing speed and reach when you need it. Fighting hasn't changed, and the environment looks only tweaked from how it looked in Italy. If they had scrapped carriage chases and a heartless tower defense mini-game, it would have been closer to a 9. Also, I'm missing the good old days of Assassins Creed 1 where you got a target to assassinate and you could decide how you wanted to go about it. In the rare instances where you "assassinate" a target, it is relatively scripted as far as the path you should take. The fun is dwindling. This series needs a tremendous shift to keep interest high, and hopefully AC3 will do it. Nonetheless, this is still a great game in its own way. Expand
  98. Nov 21, 2011
    Though it seems to be the most disappointing game in the series, "Assassin's Creed: Revelations is still a good game. I wasn't completely pleased with where Ubisoft went with the story, but the story telling is very, very good. The story was also very interesting none the less. One thing that really seemed to bug me the most was the fact that they completely changed Desmond's, Ezio's and Altair's facial structure. They look nothing like they did in the previous games. Hated it. They also replaced Altair's voice (another thing that really buged me.) The gameplay plays just like all the other Creed's, it's still the same gameplay we know and love. Once again, I wasn't completely happy with where they went with the story, but they did tell the story very well, and it was actually quite emotional. One of the best things I loved about the game was all of Desmond's story. I can't really explain the whole platforming levels you do with Desmond, sense they're unlike anything I've every played, but I think it's very creative and original, in fact, it just might be my favorite part of the game. Revelations has many great moments, and besides the few mager flaws it has, AC: Revelations is a good addition to the series. Expand
  99. Nov 21, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations doesn't bring much new content to the serie except from some minor twists and turns. Altough if you do enjoy the story and want to know more about Ezio, Altaïr and Desmond and exactly how they connect this is a game you have to buy or at least burrow. Some of the missions can become rather repetitive but you are always having a good time and you never feel really let down although some of the time I wish there were some extra spicy content with a unique feeling. But a generally really good game! Expand
  100. Nov 21, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelations suffers from appearing to be a copy and paste job and on the surface it does look the same. AC: Brotherhood was, like Revelations, seen as a cash in but it disproved this tag with an amazing amount of new content, Revelations, however, does not include much new content. Set in Constantinople, Revelations shows Ezio in his later years searching for the Masyaf Keys which his ancestor, Altaïr, has left behind to tell his story. The actual temples in which Ezio searches for these keys are incredible, if you've played Brotherhood they are the equivalent of the Lairs of Romulus and are what Assassins Creed is all about. The new features in Revelations are the hook-blade which considerably saves time on climbing, the zip-lines which link into the hook-blade, these save masses amount of time assuming one can find the start of the line! Den Defense is also a new addition but doesn't really need to be included, you'll find yourself most likely ignoring the templar attacks on your dens.
    What the Gameplay additions lack the Story makes up in Huge amounts, possibly and most likely the best story so far in the AC universe it ties up the loose ends and leaves it nicely in place for AC3, just try not to shed a tear near the end! Another part of AC: R that falls flat are the sections involving desmonds memory, these tron-like sections are entertaining puzzles but the back story seem almost generic and pointless, adding nothing really to the story.

Multiplayer too, has been improved, this makes Brotherhoods MP look like a beta, new modes, characters and maps make it seem fresh compared to Brotherhood. It all pieces the story into your MP levelling as well and for fans of the single player it's really intriguing to see the templars side of things!

Gameplay - 6/10 - Nothing really new, but the new city is beautiful and the Hook-blade and zip-lines make travelling quick and easy while the new Den Defense falls flat Audio - 8/10 - Same as the previous games, good standard of voice acting, especially (in my view) by Subject 16's voice actor. The soundtrack is very good and comes with the Special edition.

Visuals - 9/10 - Constantinople looks fantastic as does Masyaf, character face models have also been improved.

Story - 10/10 - Best yet, ties up the characters plots and also reveals new information which leads on to AC3 next year

Closing Comments: Storys great, gameplays same (But that's not a bad thing) Multiplayers improved. If you've played the previous instalments this is a must buy, if you haven't it's definitely worth a play but only once you've played the previous games.

8.4/10
  101. Jan 16, 2012

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.