Assassin's Creed Xbox 360

7.7

1. Mar 14, 2011
    Ubisoft has created another unique game, the graphics do show a little age now but it's easy to see that it was at the top of the visual pile when it came out, and the sound is great, the controls are great but do take some getting used too, and the story will suck you and will have you trying to go through all the dialog with Lucy and looking for other secrets to find out what's going on,Ubisoft has created another unique game, the graphics do show a little age now but it's easy to see that it was at the top of the visual pile when it came out, and the sound is great, the controls are great but do take some getting used too, and the story will suck you and will have you trying to go through all the dialog with Lucy and looking for other secrets to find out what's going on, but the problems with this is that it gets extremely repetitive, the combat isn't much fun, and the plat-forming borrows from Ubisoft's other game series Prince of Persia but is no where near as fun, if your looking for a unique game that has a fantastic story look no further but keep in mind it gets really boring at times. Expand
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    I picked this game up 2012 and i wasn't expecting it to be anything special. Once i started playing it and realized it came out in 2007 i was blown away, the smoothness of movement, interesting plot in "present." The game was flawed in many ways, the combat got very repetitive, the information mission were pretty repetituos and the random detections by the soldiers were really annoying.I picked this game up 2012 and i wasn't expecting it to be anything special. Once i started playing it and realized it came out in 2007 i was blown away, the smoothness of movement, interesting plot in "present." The game was flawed in many ways, the combat got very repetitive, the information mission were pretty repetituos and the random detections by the soldiers were really annoying.

What AC did right was capture annoying beggars and the "disturbed" though the beggars sometimes shoved you and therefore soldiers would detect you. The smoothness of movement was really great, you really didn't jump where you didn't want to, which is much better than as example in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands. You also have to give credit to the player involvement in cut scenes/dialogue, the player was rarely cut off from the game watching a cut scene, instead what they added was a "memory error" a little interactive camera angle switch which kept the player aware. The only place where i felt the player was stripped of his control was finishers, i would have loved to actually get to press each move myself and not watch my guy just roll a certain animation in a canned film manner.

Overall, AC was a entertaining package with its repetitiveness and solid game play.
  3. Mar 1, 2011
    1. lets start off with the PRO's- Graphics are very detailed, and luxurious. Sound is also good, when u hear the clanking of your sword hit the other guys sword or the crunch when you shove your sword in someone's shoulder gives you a feeling of satisfaction and that u kick ass. Story is amazing! its a really interesting plot involving the templars and how they've affected society then and thru history, including the assassin's who are the "good" guys who are trying to stop the templars. It gets deeper, but i don't want to ruin it for you. Also the setting is amazing! the detail that goes into the architecture is quite stunning, and there are three cities that the assassinations take place (Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus). CONS:( it can be very slow sometimes, it takes a measure of patience to play this game. What makes it slow is that you have to ride everywhere, walk (or climb) around the huge cities to get somewhere. another con is that even tho the detail that went into making the cities is amazing, its bland. What i mean is, is there is not a lot of color, for instance Acre is a cool, dark medieval city, and thats it. the weather is always overcast, then Damascus is like a desert town full of browns and oranges for coloring. Also i wish they would have put in weather affects, its an open world and i would have liked at least a night and day cycle. Another thing i wish was just a bit different is combat, now its satisfying when you counterattack and shove your sword thru someone's gut, but its slow attacking first is like hitting with the slowest attack you can throw at him, quite annoying after awhile. I give it an 8.2 out of 10. For stunning visuals and sound+ Amazing story+ Drags on during some parts- Combat is slow, but counterattacks are nice-
  4. Apr 1, 2011
    I loved the story and it played so well. It's kinda of a little bit too easy though. The original does not compare to AC: Brotherhood, but it might be better than AC2.
  5. Jul 9, 2012
    I had long dreamed of having an Assassin Creed's game, but it was only until now that I had a chance to buy one. I decided to start from the first one and here I am doing a review, consisting of my thoughts about half-way into the game.

Gameplay is great all-around, but the fact is that it gets repetitive really quickly. Basically, for the bulk of the game, you have to go to one of the cities, investigate the area through pickpocketing, eavesdropping, interrogating and so on. After gaining enough info about a target, you get to kill the dude. The whole process is fun for two or three times, but becomes extremely tedious and annoying when you realise you have to do this for around 10 times for the whole game. Visiting view points and saving citizens becomes a chore and adds to the frustration. Also, the inclusion of flag-collecting serves no more than an achievement-oriented item. By the time you finish the story, there is absolutely minimal motivation in letting you replaying the game to collect the random collectables.

Story-wise, the plot starts off promisingly but similar to the gameplay, it seems to lose it's direction and sense of progression afterwards. The whole plot seems to disappear in the middle part of the game as you just hunt down targets one by one, without any sort of twist or surprise in the story. The lack of subtitles is downright weird for a game with so many cutscenes and dialogues, which not only makes people hard to follow what they're talking about, but also deters people from becoming engaged in the story.

Bearing in mind this was a 2007 game, the graphics are fantastic even when playing in the year 2012. The stunning graphics is what glues the game together, otherwise no one would be bothered to leap around the city and scale towers again and again. The views of the cities from up-top is fantastic and the kills are made to look rewarding.

In conclusion, the core gameplay is excellent with great combat and free-running mechanics. It is visually breathtaking and dialogue/sounds are decent. However, it's biggest flaw is repetitiveness. If the game was 3-hours long, this would have been rated a 9 or even 9.5, but unfortunately it is not. The lack of replayablity, along with repetitiveness, means it downgrades an excellent game into a good game.
  6. Jun 17, 2011
    Before I played Assassin's Creed i thought that it was going to be a cool game but wow they just blew me out of the water. I love so much about this game that it's difficult to even begin how amazing it is. That being said that there are a few flaws that detract from the game.
  7. Jul 26, 2012
    Though the missions get repetitive quickly, the sheer joy of stalking your target from the rooftops before sneaking in for a brutal assassination managed to keep me hooked the whole way through. The graphics are absolutely stunning, especially standing at the peak of a tower or church steeple and looking around you. Combat is deceptively simple and not hugely innovative, and it's theThough the missions get repetitive quickly, the sheer joy of stalking your target from the rooftops before sneaking in for a brutal assassination managed to keep me hooked the whole way through. The graphics are absolutely stunning, especially standing at the peak of a tower or church steeple and looking around you. Combat is deceptively simple and not hugely innovative, and it's the assassination feature that will really grab your attention. The storyline is gripping and intelligent and comes together with the rest of the features to create a hugely immersive and impressive title. Expand
  8. Aug 23, 2011
    The first installment of an amazing series. This is the game the started it all, it is a revolutionary achievement in gaming history. Assassin's Creed pulled me in and left me in awe, when I first played it four years ago. Although the graphics have improved over the series, I'll never forget that special feeling I had when I first interned the world of Assassin's Creed, beautiful.
  9. Aug 19, 2011
    The game is beautiful, but has the enormous disadvantage of feeling like a game-long string of QTEs. I didn't feel like I was in control of my character, nor did I get any satisfaction after completing anything difficult.
  10. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 8
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 8.5/10 = A
  11. Nov 2, 2012
    An original, creative and well thought action game which is quite different to others and can also provide some challenging and fun gameplay as well.
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Very good game! Before this game I didn't know that I will ever like 3rd persone action games! Atmosphere in game is absolutely amazing! Story is intriguing and good! Thank you!!
  13. Dec 20, 2011
    Innovation is great in this Prince of Persia spin-off, a lot of things are historically accurate and it couldn't be better, though, the missions before assassinating are really boring and the game gets a little repetitive but who cares, it's so much fun messing around in this game that can be forgiven. Despite some weaknesses Assassin's Creed stands up and makes a good game.
  14. Jan 4, 2012
    Having played this game in late 2008, I found myself excited at the prospect of stepping into the robes of a true Assassin named Altair. However, when I began the game, I was surprised to find that it was not a purely-historical game. Instead, there were strong science-fiction ties that had to do with memories of ancestor, and this only made it harder to put down. Of course, I was whollyHaving played this game in late 2008, I found myself excited at the prospect of stepping into the robes of a true Assassin named Altair. However, when I began the game, I was surprised to find that it was not a purely-historical game. Instead, there were strong science-fiction ties that had to do with memories of ancestor, and this only made it harder to put down. Of course, I was wholly inexperienced with the gameplay, causing my death many times during my first playthrough, but it hadn't detracted from the experience in the least. It became so natural that I was ending fights with only the hidden blade equipped. However, during the first three-quarters of the game, I realized how much I disliked Altair and how far he was away from I behaved. Becoming a Master Assassin early in life, he grew arrogant and selfish, but changed after killing another who was like him; who killed others just because he could. And so he transformed into one of my favorite characters.

The single-funnest feature in the game for me was the act of parkour and free-running, which allowed Altair to scale buildings without much effort and travel the city in half the time it would take others. But it came at a cost; there were several instances that I was killed from the accidental turn of the camera because it was so sensitive. In addition to this, the second time I played, it was quite noticeable that the mission structure was (to use a common word) "repetitive", but I continued to play with vigor. Each assassination was actually unique in and of itself, so much that I ignored the like-mindedness of the structure. For a game series in its first outing, the game created my hunger for the rest of the games and even though it is not perfect, it is a great example of what can happen if you try new IPs.
  15. Jun 7, 2013
    I scored this a 7>

The reason I did so was because AC 1 is probably one of the single most frustrating gaming experiences I have ever had. And you probably all know why. The storyline is excellent, and the universe built by AC1 is extremely interesting but the game play... is not good. While "making sense" in terms of who Altair was (being that he was the rogue type assassin who was
    I scored this a 7>

The storyline is excellent, and the universe built by AC1 is extremely interesting but the game play... is not good. While "making sense" in terms of who Altair was (being that he was the rogue type assassin who was so good he was never caught, never got into fights with guards, and never killed innocents) it was nonetheless exceedingly frustrating to play.

It was nothing less than an exercise in frustration and suffering because of how precise the game demands you be when moving.

Definitely buy, if you haven't already. But be prepared to play this game in a number of short bursts.
  16. Jun 16, 2012
    I wish it has subtitle because i'm not good at English. I had to go to Assassin's Creed for more information about the story line after i finished the game. The battle are quite fun, i enjoyed it when many guards surrounded me. They should show the scene of story as a film. It would be much better and less boring for those who want to know about the story.
  17. Jul 11, 2013
    not as good as ac2 and brotherhood but awesome. Things it had trouble with is a lot of repetiveness in missions and little trouble with the fight mechanics but altogether the game play was really great (love free running). Would've loved to see more customization of the character but at same time felt right in certain ways (felt more serious and less video gamey) Loved the sound and storynot as good as ac2 and brotherhood but awesome. Things it had trouble with is a lot of repetiveness in missions and little trouble with the fight mechanics but altogether the game play was really great (love free running). Would've loved to see more customization of the character but at same time felt right in certain ways (felt more serious and less video gamey) Loved the sound and story that leads to an epic ending where you feel Altaiir is the freaken man. Expand
  18. Sep 22, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is truly a wonderful game. The visuals are gorgeous, (except the people--I'll get to that later), the cities teem with life and the ending will shock you to the core.

However, the people are poorly done, or maybe it's just my PC. Their legs show through their robes when they walk, and their index and middle, ring and pinkie fingers are stuck together, making them look like aliens. It's also rather formulaic, with you completing the same types of things (flag challenges, stealth assassinations, stall destroying) over and over in different circumstances.

It's great fun to just mess around, though. You don't have to follow the story after a certain point--you can just mess around and kill civilians if you so chose. Seriously, buy this game. You'll love it.
  19. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game, the first in a line of greats, gave a great beginning to the Assassin's Creed story. The actions were something at the time never were available. The game although boring at times, had a very good story line that would give the designers the ability to develop it further. Overall not a great game, just good but nonetheless still a classic. Expand
  20. Aug 8, 2012
    I loved Assassin's Creed, it was an amazing story to play through, the controls were new and a little hard to get used to, but I played it hours on end, I would definitely recommend this game, great job once again Bioware.
  21. Nov 15, 2012
    Primo e grandissimo capitolo di una serie adventure/stealth che sicuramente tutti conosciamo!
    La trama del gioco riesce subito a rapirti ed è accompagnata con un comparto grafico davvero raffinato e ben fatto.Per quanto riguarda il gameplay intravediamo solo il sistema di combattimenti veloci che sono possibili nei capitoli come Revelations e Brotherhood ma comunque gli scontri risultano godibili, invece per quando riguarda il lato stealth del gioco troviamo anche qui un buon lavoro con situazioni che richiedono un minimo di pianificazione e un'accurato studio dell'ambiente circostante.
    Per molti la più grande pecca di questo splendido gioco e la sua ripetitività nelle azioni da svolgere ma che secondo il mio parere, questa peculiarità, è stata quasi voluta dagli sviluppatori per ricreare quella atmosfera scandita da dogmi e regole che viveva la setta degli assassini in quel periodo, il che comporta lo svolgere di precise azioni più volte da parte di Altair per sottostare al credo dell'assassino.
    Inoltre Assassin's Creed è ricco di riferimenti storici che danno ancora più valore a questo gioco ricreando tutte le varie atmosfere del tempo, che forse però, non tutti sono stati in grado di apprezzare nella loro minuziosa ricostruzione e resa grafica.
    Il tutto verrà nettamente migliorato e portato ad un'altro livello nel secondo capitolo ma il primo rimane sicuramente uno dei più belli grazie anche alla sua ambientazione medievale che dona all'opera un che di mistico che riesce ad affascinare il giocatore.
  22. Jun 25, 2013
    Monotony may be a pervasive ailment of some of its letter moments, but "Assassin's Creed" does manage to successfully present a wholly gratifying stealth-action experience.
  23. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is awesome. Though people complain about its historical Inaccuracy its an amazing game and propelled the series. I suggest this game to anyone looking for a good RPG
  24. Dec 15, 2012
    Although I didn't give this game a shot until 2011, I am very glad that I did! While the graphics don't hold up that well compared to recent releases, the gameplay and story line keep you entertained and eager to keep playing. If you were to run through the story-driven missions without taking any time to sight-see or attempt side missions, it is around a 10hr game. I took my sweet timeAlthough I didn't give this game a shot until 2011, I am very glad that I did! While the graphics don't hold up that well compared to recent releases, the gameplay and story line keep you entertained and eager to keep playing. If you were to run through the story-driven missions without taking any time to sight-see or attempt side missions, it is around a 10hr game. I took my sweet time and played much longer. There are fun weapons and ways in which you can "take care" of your targets. All in all, my favorite thing about the AC franchise is free running around the city and jumping off the tops of ancient wonders. Oh yeah, the historical accuracy in AC is quite riveting. As a history buff I thoroughly enjoyed seeing much of the game's story line and characters following their destiny. Great game. Expand
  25. Feb 26, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed" is a great game in many ways. It has great world, good characters, many unique possibilities, original plot and outstanding graphics that for some time was considered the best on a console for me.
    Loving "Prince of Persia" series was a bit difficult to get into Assassin's world, although it is not a problem for me, first impression was that these games were alike. As any open world game "Assassin" had his problems. From time to time AI was really dumb, getting into fight meant wasting time and not getting experience, usually combat was bringing you into defense position and striking from time to time (this moment was redisegned in second game). Later on it was difficult not to get bored with story and gameplay.
    Also there were some serious bugs and designer's flaws, like sometimes enemies could hit you during a cutscene, mark on a minimap did not give enough information about the place you need to get to (spend much time realizing it was above me), destination spot could be a big mark on a map with entrance difficult to find (got stuck on my first walkthrough on PC and decided not to finish the game, replaying it on XBOX two years later I got stuck there again and had to watch walkthrough on youtube). One of the final battles, where you have to deal with many knights, was way too difficult.
    Most of side quests, that had no story, repeated themselfes. "Assassin's Creed" is a good game, that may keep you entertained only during first 3-4 hours of the game and make you bored the rest of time, wanting to see credits rolling on your screen. Don't get me wrong, Ubisoft did well starting great series, but the most polished game in "Assassin's Creed" saga would be released years later.
  26. Jun 21, 2013
    Assassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed withAssassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed with incredible visuals gives the game an almost hypnotic quality, and the climbing, free running, and fighting are all impressive. It also doesn't feel to short. A rare thing to find in games nowadays. On the other hand though, its story dips into some themes which are offensive to Christians, like myself. It can also be very repetitive. You keep having to do the same types of pre-mission missions like ease dropping, or pickpocketing. Fortunately though, the main assassinations are all varied greatly, and the game overall is so original, so fun, and so awe inspiring that it would be crazy to pass up, especially now when the price has been lowered. Expand
  27. Feb 19, 2013
    It may not present itself as a great game, it has a fair storyline to start with but has sequels that are definitely worth playing, my advice: Don't judge the Assassin's Creed series by this game alone, I gave this story a chance and I think you should too
  28. Jun 24, 2013
    Looking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While someLooking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While some might walk out into the open, acting like sitting ducks, others might hide away in castles, trying their best to avoid you. The simple and compelling gameplay is addictive and satisfying.
    Unlike later iterations of the Assassin's Creed franchise, the first game has a very basic plot. You play as Altair, you kill people, and you uncover various mysteries surrounding your order as you go along. It's interesting enough to keep you playing, but simple enough not to frustrate you with dumb plot points and details.
    The simplistic style and gameplay of Assassin's Creed makes it ridiculously fun to play, acting as one of the best games in the franchise.
  29. Apr 5, 2013
    I played AC2 before playing this so the game wasn't so good to me because obviously the mechanics are more dumbed down in this but even then I found so much fun in this game and spent hours on going to ever viewpoint, collecting every flag, help every citizens, this game was so good that this game made me want to 100% complete it which no game has ever made me done before...this is a mustI played AC2 before playing this so the game wasn't so good to me because obviously the mechanics are more dumbed down in this but even then I found so much fun in this game and spent hours on going to ever viewpoint, collecting every flag, help every citizens, this game was so good that this game made me want to 100% complete it which no game has ever made me done before...this is a must buy in the series Expand
  30. May 25, 2013
    I first came across Assassin's Creed through Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed's spiritual successor. and when I played this game, I knew it took the prince of Persia formula and made it even better. The story for the game is half and half for me. The story of Altair is great. it manages to tie everything together, and the plot twist at the game actually surprised me a lot. Desmond'sI first came across Assassin's Creed through Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed's spiritual successor. and when I played this game, I knew it took the prince of Persia formula and made it even better. The story for the game is half and half for me. The story of Altair is great. it manages to tie everything together, and the plot twist at the game actually surprised me a lot. Desmond's story, however, isn't that great. or good. This story is seriously not needed in every possible way, and why it was even created or affected the main storyline in the past will always be a mystery to me. The gameplay is pretty nice. the open-world roaming and combat are fun and addicting, and it definitely shows relation to Prince of Persia. though I sometimes thought Altair wasn't fast enough. his climbing felt very slow, and didn't seem to run that fast. the music in the game is decent, but isn't very memorable. the graphics for the game are great. for a game that came out almost 2 years in the 360's life span, the graphics are really nice, especially for the first in a series of games. I did notice a few issues with character models, like lip-syncing, but that was little. Something I found very enjoyable with the game was the voice acting. Altair's voice actor fits perfectly, along with characters like Al Mualim, Malik, and even Desmond. Side missions in the game are passable. some can be simple, like eavesdropping, and others can get repetitive, like killing certain targets to clear an assassin. this game also has replay elements. for example, all side missions must be completed to get a full sync in a memory sequence, or section of the game. unfortunately, that involves flag collecting, which is the worst part of the game. I'm all about having things in a game to add replay ability, but the flags are not a good way of showing it. There are hundreds and hundreds of flags to collect, and by the time I got 60 flags, I was shut off of flag collecting. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great start to such an amazing series. the gameplay is awesome by taking elements from prince of Persia, the replay value is huge, and Altair's story is well-crafted. if you're a fan of action-adventure games, give Assassin's Creed a try. you may just end up loving it. Expand
  31. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed was far from perfect. It has its fair share of glitches and whatnot. Not to mention it gets very repetitive doing the same side quests over and over and those damning beggars are always annoying. Worrying about a speed limit in the 1200's seems to be silly, but it's still something you gotta do, but looking pasts its flaws, Assassin's Creed is fun. It's fun jumping aroundAssassin's Creed was far from perfect. It has its fair share of glitches and whatnot. Not to mention it gets very repetitive doing the same side quests over and over and those damning beggars are always annoying. Worrying about a speed limit in the 1200's seems to be silly, but it's still something you gotta do, but looking pasts its flaws, Assassin's Creed is fun. It's fun jumping around from building to building all ninja like and despite the side missions being tedious, once you finally get to the assassination mission, it makes it very worth your time and effort. This is my favorite Assassin's Creed and I had a lot of fun playing it, however, just because I like it better doesn't mean it's better than it's sequels. I'd highly recommend it; should you get a chance to get your hands on this wonderful game. Expand
  32. Nov 20, 2013
    probably unfair of me to rate this game as I am playing it years after it was made, game overall was enjoyable but at times felt very repetitive, if you are coming late to the series as I was you could probably get away with skipping this one as 2 gives a succinct recap of the first game and is all in all a better experience.
  33. Jun 18, 2013
    A cool take on past events and how they could have really happened if things had been different. Assassin's Creed blends stealth and action together in a great way showing that Splinter Cell isn't the only series capable.
  34. Feb 24, 2014
    The game looked very nice and the story was appealing. But the gameplay just wasn't for me. I think I just expected something else from the game. It seems smooth, made with a lot of care and perfectionism, but it just wasn't for me. I gave up after 5 or 6 hours.
  35. Dec 3, 2014
    One of the most overrated games I've ever played. For a game about assassinating people, I haven't done much assassinating for the first few levels. Lots of walking around "blending" in. I.E. Moving VERY slow. The first guy I killed, I didn't even "assassinate". I couldn't get out of his way fast enough because if you do anything besides the slow, slow, prayer walk, the guards willOne of the most overrated games I've ever played. For a game about assassinating people, I haven't done much assassinating for the first few levels. Lots of walking around "blending" in. I.E. Moving VERY slow. The first guy I killed, I didn't even "assassinate". I couldn't get out of his way fast enough because if you do anything besides the slow, slow, prayer walk, the guards will just attack you. So he walks up to me and screams "YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME?!" and attacks. So I kill him then just...ran away? They could have gotten anyone to do that. Not a highly trained assassin.

Oh, and look at that guy, trotting on his horse in the middle of the countryside...KILL HIM. I can only imagine they make you move so slow most of the time....was to pad the game out.

Terrible game.
  36. JohnH.
    Mar 20, 2008
    Once again it seems Ubisoft spoiled an over-hyped game. When Ubisoft showed Assassins Creed at E3, we all saw what we thought was going to be the sandbox game of the year. I, personally, was disappointed. The plot seemed to be dreamed out of Ubisoft Montreals Sci-fi/Religious fantasies, and the story outside of the Animous was so boring and irrelevant. To be fair, when I started the game, Once again it seems Ubisoft spoiled an over-hyped game. When Ubisoft showed Assassins Creed at E3, we all saw what we thought was going to be the sandbox game of the year. I, personally, was disappointed. The plot seemed to be dreamed out of Ubisoft Montreals Sci-fi/Religious fantasies, and the story outside of the Animous was so boring and irrelevant. To be fair, when I started the game, It was awesome. Good graphics, Breathtaking environments, a (seemingly) good AI system, all seemed to get boring after the 3rd hour of playing. Including from the fact that you can instantly kill anyone just by holding down the right trigger and pressing X at the right time, the combat AI was TERRIBLE. Honestly, if the 36 city guards surrounding you really did want to kill you, they could do better than just stand watching as you massacre their teammate. And another thing, everyone attacks ONE AT A TIME. The scripted sequences were boring, and they spoke for ages about nothing, while the most you could do was walk around dramatically making it look like something out of Home and Away. Not to mention the facial graphics. Don't get me started there. Please. Overall, a huge, over hyped, dissapointment. Don't buy, although renting for a day or two could be nice. Expand
  37. LowenS.
    Nov 13, 2007
    While this game is visually stunning, and has many other credits to it in terms of creative design, the end game play is highly repetitive and stale. After you have finished the first assassination mission, you have pretty much seen everything that this game has to offer. The combat in this game is horrible. You can beat any enemy by holding the block button and parrying. Also, I hope you While this game is visually stunning, and has many other credits to it in terms of creative design, the end game play is highly repetitive and stale. After you have finished the first assassination mission, you have pretty much seen everything that this game has to offer. The combat in this game is horrible. You can beat any enemy by holding the block button and parrying. Also, I hope you like the combat because the last 2 hours of the game is you fighting guards in waves of 10. There is no incentive to play this game stealthy or sneaky. Basically, you can run through town like a mad man (after you have done the boring pick-pocket missions, a sit on a bench and eves drop mission, and a punch somebody 5 times to get them to talk mission), kill your target, run back to home base, and loose the guards before going back inside. The story is also pretty lame. And I am not even talking about the whole Sci-Fi thing. The characters have some of the worst dialog I have heard in a game in a long time. I won't spoil the story in case you do want to play this, but I will say that it has the biggest anti-ending I have ever seen in a game. It didn't even end on a cliffhanger. It was just like the game said "Welp... see you later" and ended. This game is probably worth a rental, but I feel sorry for anyone who is duped in to dropping $60 on it based on the hype and inflated reviews. Expand
  38. MattF.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Good game, great graphics, accurate physics and an original storyline. Becomes repetative after a while though and can also be frustrating.
  39. ChrisP.
    Oct 15, 2008
    This game brings back memories of _Thief_ from years back. Jumping from roof top to roof top, making your way through ancient villages in search of your prey is pretty darn cool :)
  40. LionelE.
    Feb 3, 2008
    The game does some unique things, but doesn't live up to its promise. Some of the contextual controls are clumsy, the missions are repetitive and the stealth aspects are disappointing. Still, the premise is novel enough and parts of it are fun to play if you're willing to wade through the dross.
  41. MarkT.
    Nov 16, 2007
    The game is very creative and fun to play but the repatition is felt to much in this game like ubisoft focused on some things but not others or payed to little attention to it....liek every time you save a citizen they usully say 1 of 4 things...makin every citizen say sumthing different would have been nice...but other then little things like that this game owns.
  42. KevinR.
    Nov 16, 2007
    An awful story and only decent gameplay take what could have been a truly historic game and make it utterly average, aside from graphics (though even they have a ton of glitches).
  43. FredN.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Very boring game after a while. Not enough variety, missions all the same. I cant understand how Ubisoft could make some many mistakes in this title it could have been a massive hit.
  44. Amnesiac
    Nov 17, 2007
    Listen folks, this is a great game, it looks fantastic and you get that atmospheric feel, that sucks you in + the narrative is great and thought provoking. But it is too repetitive and to be honest the controls are at times a little annoying in two contradictory ways. First at times when climbing etc it seems a little simple, like you
  45. Oct 14, 2013
    The original Assassins creed is still a great game. It does pale in comparison with the sequels but laid down the groundwork and fantastic concept that the rest follow.
  46. Nov 21, 2011
    I applaud Ubisoft for this games creativity. The story is highly entertaining and the freerunning mechanic is fun as hell. Now Altair, the main protagonist is very badass but really you just can't relate to him. The game is repetitive, and is beat by Grand Theft Auto in terms of wanting to just mess around and not progress. I love the beautiful open world but then there are the controls.I applaud Ubisoft for this games creativity. The story is highly entertaining and the freerunning mechanic is fun as hell. Now Altair, the main protagonist is very badass but really you just can't relate to him. The game is repetitive, and is beat by Grand Theft Auto in terms of wanting to just mess around and not progress. I love the beautiful open world but then there are the controls. They are pitiful and difficult. The sequel changed them for a reason. Expand
  47. Jan 13, 2012
    It was ok but it was insanely reptitive and actually rather shallow if you think of it. The same mission objectives for every mission, Cities look great but lack variety and looks the same, and it has no replay value. It was interesting but there are just too many flaws with it.
  48. Jan 4, 2012
    Assassin's Creed was an innovation to the gaming industry. Unfortunately, I feel that is the only drive behind this game. I will say that the graphics on the game still look incredible, especially for a game released in 2007. The story is honestly pretty good, even though Ubisoft decided to almost completely abandon Altair. Once again, Ubisoft buried the best part of the game underAssassin's Creed was an innovation to the gaming industry. Unfortunately, I feel that is the only drive behind this game. I will say that the graphics on the game still look incredible, especially for a game released in 2007. The story is honestly pretty good, even though Ubisoft decided to almost completely abandon Altair. Once again, Ubisoft buried the best part of the game under constant repetitive gameplay. Eavesdropping and submission in a dark corner are only going to get the game so far. You might think that the combat would be stellar as a well-trained assassin, but in truth, the combat is sub-par at best, considering altercations can sometimes take upwards of 5 minutes just to resolve. The counter also breaks the combat of the game once you master it. The replay value on this game is very low because the core gameplay is just so rehashed over and over and the only other thing to do is collect nearly a thousand flags and kill juggernauts (Templar knights). I do have to compliment Ubisoft on their surprise ending. All in all, the game looks like fun when you first hear about it, but it quickly becomes stale and the only thing pushing you through this game is to unravel the tightly wrapped plot. Expand
  49. Mar 20, 2012
    This game has both positives and negatives, but overall it left me wishing it could have been more. The positives? Awesome stream of movement. It can be very gratifying to lunge from rooftop to rooftop, to parkour rush through crowded streets, and to use ninja-like abilities to scale buildings and traverse cities. In the earlier stages, combat is fluid and exciting, but quickly fades intoThis game has both positives and negatives, but overall it left me wishing it could have been more. The positives? Awesome stream of movement. It can be very gratifying to lunge from rooftop to rooftop, to parkour rush through crowded streets, and to use ninja-like abilities to scale buildings and traverse cities. In the earlier stages, combat is fluid and exciting, but quickly fades into a frustratingly benign experience that had me going through the motions to just get it over with, or to view some of the cool finishers. Unfortunately, where it thrives in some gameplay choices, it lacks in keeping things fresh. I found within an hour or two that everything had a wash-rinse-repeat style. One mark didnt weight differently from the next because of such similarities in process of hunting him down. Overall, it didnt stick with me. I had to motivate myself to keep going forward with the game, rather than the game itself motivating me to continue on. I would say it is worth a rent to get some of the experiences associated with original game mechanics, but in no way does it justify a purchase. Expand
  50. Jan 9, 2013
    disappointed, my expectation from this game were a lot higher than this broken game. when you start out it may feel like all fun and games, but half way through and you're wondering if you're doing something wrong, your controllers broken or the game is. when you have loads of enemies chasing you, sometimes you grab on to things that you dont want and it brings you to your death. or you'redisappointed, my expectation from this game were a lot higher than this broken game. when you start out it may feel like all fun and games, but half way through and you're wondering if you're doing something wrong, your controllers broken or the game is. when you have loads of enemies chasing you, sometimes you grab on to things that you dont want and it brings you to your death. or you're climbing a high church and you hit the a button and you fall off and die. or you're surrounded by enemies and you try to fight them but the counter, hit, or grap you so you cant do anything. this game frustrated me so bad! but apart from the ass controles, the graphics are nice especially when you are doing the eagle vision. i found that very amazing. and the story was very interesting as well but left on a cliff hanger which i will not continue because of this. from a game thats from my home town, i expected better. Expand
  51. Dec 17, 2012
    This game was like a dream come true for me. A lot of people complain about it being repetitive, shallow, boring, etc. and I can understand how they can say that. However I really enjoyed the freedom of movement and beautiful scenery. It's like you're a middle ages batman! With time travel! I would've picked up the sequel on launch day if it wasn't for the DRM.
  52. Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe I shouldn't have started with the first game when considering to play through the series - the game play is pretty stiff and the voice acting/writing/overall direction is pretty mediocre. With a game relying so heavily on story it really bothers me - also, most supporting characters has voice acting is better than the game protagonist, which is in itself annoying. Aside from that theMaybe I shouldn't have started with the first game when considering to play through the series - the game play is pretty stiff and the voice acting/writing/overall direction is pretty mediocre. With a game relying so heavily on story it really bothers me - also, most supporting characters has voice acting is better than the game protagonist, which is in itself annoying. Aside from that the freedom and openness of the game is really the main pull here - I've gotten the advice to play later games in the series and skip the first one later (being promised they've fixed a lot of the issues I've experienced with the first game) and so I recommend this to anyone else thinking of playing through the series as well.

TL:DR - If you haven't picked up AC until now and are picky about your games, skip directly to at least game 2 in the series.
  53. Nov 7, 2013
    For when this game came out, it was a really great idea. Great visuals. A mixture of stealth and action. A taste of a rather deep and complicated story arc.

But now for the bad: 1) It's repetitive as hell. 2) While the story is interesting and is meant to be a part of a larger story, it is also a bit confusing and leave too much in the shadows. 3) The Desmond section is nothing

But now for the bad:
    1) It's repetitive as hell.
    3) The Desmond section is nothing more than a plot device that feels mostly needless and underdeveloped.

Overall:
    Assassin's Creed is a decent introduction to the franchise and sets things up nicely for the future titles. Still, the game on the whole feels like ACT 1 of something grander and introduces too much information that could easily of been left for the later games. Still, it is a great game and allot of fun.
  54. May 7, 2013
    what is the point of this game. climbing up then jumping down? it feels cool for the first time you do it, and after that just tedious, and you have to repeat it for the entire game. i only managed to finish the game once and have no idea what is the story about, the story/ ending just so confused and unclear. do not how anyone can rate this game 10 by repeating that climb up then jumpwhat is the point of this game. climbing up then jumping down? it feels cool for the first time you do it, and after that just tedious, and you have to repeat it for the entire game. i only managed to finish the game once and have no idea what is the story about, the story/ ending just so confused and unclear. do not how anyone can rate this game 10 by repeating that climb up then jump down routine for hours. Expand
  55. Dec 6, 2014
    I remember the first game of the series well, it was ground breaking at the time, but appears repetitive and outdated when compared to the Assassin's Creed games that followed it.
  56. Nov 10, 2014
    Assassin's Creed is a moderately fun game if this is the first entry that you play in the series. Running around these open cities and climbing up buildings is a lot of fun, but the other Assassin's games have much more to offer. It becomes repetitive as the main plot of the game is killing historical figures. There are nine of them in this game, yet after the third or fourth one itAssassin's Creed is a moderately fun game if this is the first entry that you play in the series. Running around these open cities and climbing up buildings is a lot of fun, but the other Assassin's games have much more to offer. It becomes repetitive as the main plot of the game is killing historical figures. There are nine of them in this game, yet after the third or fourth one it becomes boring. To do this you also have to eavesdrop on people which is incredibly boring. If you want to get into the gameplay of the Assassin's Creed franchise this is an alright place to start. However, if you want to be entertained throughout and have more developed characters and story, the other titles are better to start with. Expand
  57. Nov 2, 2013
    Assassin's Creed is a beautiful game, and one that provides a decent story in a historical setting. The free running mechanics promised are pretty decent, if a little clunky. The problem is that the "stealth" and "assassinations" are boiled down to linear repetitive events that are frankly dull to play through.
  58. Oct 21, 2013
    assasins creed 4 is coming out so im reviewing the series
    pros:altair is the coolest guy ever, interesting premise, assassinating people is as fun as possible, open world, combat is fun enough, cool historical stuff
    cons: combat is the easiest thing ever, next to no replay value, lack of extras
  59. Sep 15, 2013
    Please do not say AC reminds Thief series. It has nothing of it. There is not even 1% of the awesome gameplay and ambience that Thief had. Though I really wanted AC to be like this.

I have never played such a boring and repetitive game as AC. When the game was announced I was eager to buy and play this asap. Unfortunately after 5th or so assassination I couldn't stand and continue so extremely easy and repetitive game. E.g. missions like:
    1. find 200 flags of Sir John and 150 flags of King Richard (wtf???)
    or
    2. Climb 40 towers in every city (for what? to see the view from eagles nest for hundred times?)
    I have no idea who the f. designed those missions and what for!

This game is for 12yr old children who would like to be an assassin in the easiest way without any effort.
    Visuals/graphics are awesome but it's not enough, sorry. It makes me even more angry because of the spoiled potential.
  60. Sep 28, 2013
    Assassin's Creed te da una buena oportunidad de disfrutar de los lujos de un mapa bastante grande en toda su exquisita forma (animales, personas, ambientes, enemigos) y una excelente manera de crear una historia, los gráficos son medios pero es un gran paso para Ubisoft.
  61. Oct 10, 2013
    In this day and age a video game without subtitles is like a building without wheelchair access. Throw in stealth components designed for impatient hyperactive teens and you have a miserable game masquerading itself as a game that is really just a glorified movie with a mediocre plot.
  62. Oct 10, 2013
    I played all the other versions of Assassin's Creed, and although I would probably say that this is my least favorite part of the franchise, it is still a very entertaining game. Initially I found it quite hard to get into the game, even taking a long break before I attempted another effort to continue. Slowly I started to enjoy the game more and more. Simply put, it is fun to climb andI played all the other versions of Assassin's Creed, and although I would probably say that this is my least favorite part of the franchise, it is still a very entertaining game. Initially I found it quite hard to get into the game, even taking a long break before I attempted another effort to continue. Slowly I started to enjoy the game more and more. Simply put, it is fun to climb and sneak around in the historical versions of Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus and this game was the first one that allowed me to do so in such an easy and intuitively way. I liked doing the assassination missions, although the side quests leading up to these (eavesdropping, finding view points, etc) become very repetitive at some point. This repetitive mission structure and the weird story are the main weaknesses of a game, that is otherwise quite worth a go. Expand
  63. Oct 27, 2013
    it's an great open world game in the time it was released,the problem of the game is that isn't secondary missions and if you finish the game there is pratically anything to do unless take collectibles.
  64. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is so boring
    altair is one the worst character of videogames
    the gameplay wasn original. i saw it in prince of persia
    it had one the worst ending of ever
    the story is so undeep and dry
    it hasnt passion or emotional characters
    its a stupid game. i hate it
  65. Oct 19, 2013
    Find some evidence, assassinate some guy, return to Masyaf. Repeat ad infinitum.

Assassin'ss Creed is a good concept ruined by monotonous repetitiveness and shoddy A.I.
  66. Jul 2, 2014
    This game broke new ground at its release and was further improved upon by assassins creed 2. However it took me years to beat because i'd get bored by it, come back, and not know what was going on. I did find the game to be of high value overall, but I would give it a 7 out of 10 for being a great title, but not one I'd see myself coming back to a second time.
  67. Nov 23, 2013
    This is a game that laid groundwork for the rest rather than being the best. You are taken into the story of Altair, an assassin in the Third Crusade trying to earn back his rank by killing nine Templars for the leader of the bureau, Al Mualim. It is a great concept and the concept is why the series has lasted for years. The voice acting is pretty good (but no subtitles) and I was neverThis is a game that laid groundwork for the rest rather than being the best. You are taken into the story of Altair, an assassin in the Third Crusade trying to earn back his rank by killing nine Templars for the leader of the bureau, Al Mualim. It is a great concept and the concept is why the series has lasted for years. The voice acting is pretty good (but no subtitles) and I was never bothered by the gameplay. But, the assassinations get extremely repetitive and is the biggest offender of my belief that Assassin's Creed isn't really a fun series. The game gets boring after a while and is probably the most difficult of the series. All in all it is pretty mediocre besides graphics which in 2007 were astonishing. Still this was the game that had "blending" and the game that the main character had a different accent than everybody else. As much as I'm giving it hate, I believe it's worth a playthrough (it's not long) and is a fair introduction to the series which develops so far past this. Expand
  68. Nov 27, 2013
    THEY NEED to remaster this on xbox one and get rid of the repetitiveness out of this game re do the missions but keep the story change the combat and free running to
    ac brotherhood and free running and story as impressive and fast paced as 2 and with actual knights Templars with the famous red cross across their chests like they was in this game the knights templar was one of the most feared knights they was the highest skilled and never surrendered not even if they was greater numbers facing them they also defeated an army when the odds was like 4 to 1 against the templars they was also the best and most skilled fighters yet in assassins creed you never see this
  69. Jan 18, 2014
    There are some really good ideas in this game expressed in a very well designed environments with solid gameplay, the movement has an excellent flow to it, the combat and stealth also blend together perfectly. If you have looked at other reviews there is a big problem with repetitiveness and boring drawn out pointless donkey rides. Overall the game is a little let down by it's own ambitionThere are some really good ideas in this game expressed in a very well designed environments with solid gameplay, the movement has an excellent flow to it, the combat and stealth also blend together perfectly. If you have looked at other reviews there is a big problem with repetitiveness and boring drawn out pointless donkey rides. Overall the game is a little let down by it's own ambition and is really hoping you buy into the franchise to find out what the **** is going on with future Desmond but this is a great game, especially for people who like the concept of playing a game as an assassin ninja, which all gamers should. Expand
  70. Mar 2, 2014
    Pros:
    Good story.
    Good graphics.
    Nice swordplay.
    Great protagonist.

Cons:
    Not really open.
    No side missions.
    Climbing is too slow.
    Too easy.
    Desmond sections are pretty boring
  71. Apr 9, 2014
    Apesar de ter uma influência do Prince of Persia, a jogabilidade do Assassin's Creed é bastante limitada, a maioria dos movimentos é realizada quase automaticamente e você praticamente só tem a função de acompanhar o que se pede, já que os objetivos já ficam todos bem explícitos. Não há muito o que fazer em relação a liberdade que o jogador poderia ter, uma vez que o jogo em sí é umApesar de ter uma influência do Prince of Persia, a jogabilidade do Assassin's Creed é bastante limitada, a maioria dos movimentos é realizada quase automaticamente e você praticamente só tem a função de acompanhar o que se pede, já que os objetivos já ficam todos bem explícitos. Não há muito o que fazer em relação a liberdade que o jogador poderia ter, uma vez que o jogo em sí é um flashback, então basta seguir a história e nada mais. Em poucas palavras: é uma Visual Novel com belos gráficos. Expand
  72. May 9, 2014
    Released in 2007 and developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin's Creed provides a fun adventure that is sure to stick in the minds of those who play it for years to come. It certainly has its share of faults, but with a detailed open world and satisfying open-ended gameplay, Assassin's Creed is an instant classic.

Assassin's Creedis a game that avid open-world sandbox fans will find

Assassin's Creedis a game that avid open-world sandbox fans will find enjoyment in, and it has quite a bit to offer. It has a likable and well paced historical story, marvelous cities and art design, satisfying assassination missions, and a fitting soundtrack. It is unfortunate that it is marred by a very repetitive gameplay design, a one-dimensional modern-story, and that the side-activities are pointless and mundane. Assassin's Creed is a good game that has a lot of potential, but it has a lot to determine about itself before it can be something truly amazing.

The Positive
    ___________

+ Likable historical story

+ Gratifying assassination missions

+ Remarkable cities and art design

+ Fitting soundtrack

- Mundane side-activities
  73. Jul 9, 2015
    Combat
    Combat
    The combat is challenging and rewarding. People saying it's clunky are either lazy or should be seeing movies instead of playing videogames. They tend to not like challenges, and prefer to spam buttons and kill 10 people in 2 seconds like in newer AC games. This game takes a more realistic approach, where the counters have to be executed properly and well-timed combos feel very rewarding. It may not have a high diversity of weapons, but they all feel rich, well thought, and with very good animations.

Story
    The writing is superb. It elevates the whole game, and it was probably the inspiration for making this game. The emotions and voices are well done, and they did an excelent job to inmerse you in the world. The story is also full of interesting twistes that will keep you focused in the story.

Gameplay missions
    It frustates me the amount of people I've heard saying it's repetitive, in which I completely disagree. Lets put the pickpocket missions as an example, (which you'll do around 10+ times during the game). The first time you pickpocket a guy may be fast and easy, but the next one you may need to hide between some monks to avoid some guards, or take a different shortcut to go past them to be able to pickpocket, or wait until he is alone to not get spotted. Then, once you get the item, sometimes it is a map that give you the coordinates of guard archers on rooftops that will be protecting your target. Other times it will be a letter written by your target that gives you the time and place of the event and helps you on the mission. THIS is why some missions may seem repetitive at first, but in reality they are all different and diverse. Take league of legends as an analogy to this missions, it may seem repetitive on the same map and killing the same nexus every game, but actually each game feels completely different due to your surroundings, positioning, and enemies.

Graphics
    I don't get why people say they are old. The graphics engine is actually BETTER in visuals compared newer AC games, this is due their goal of being able to put 1000 bots in screen at the same time in newer AC titles. If you don't believe me, simpy get on top of the highest building on AC, then do the same in newer ACs. Then tell me which looks better.

Overall 10/10
    If you read the whole review you'll understand why it earns a 10/10. No other AC to date can get even close to this one in terms of its Single player experience. This review is for all the people saying blindly that the combat is clunky, the missions are repetitive, or the graphics are old. Please grow some eyes.
  74. Jun 18, 2014
    Jerusalem, 1911 AD, in the time of the Third Crusaders. The streets sparkle with action, but within seconds you, the feared assassin (Altair), will change all this.

You play as a man called Altair living in a very futuristic world, and you have tried to forget your past but someday a couple of people bring you to this machine called the Animus...that forces you to reenact all your past days as an assassin...then the game begins.

Personally i loved the way the creators of Assassin's Creed mingled history and science fiction together. As a first impression, in the first hour or so, the graphics and the gameplay was all i could think of for the couple of hours after switching the Xbox off. I got to say, the graphics are intense...i have never seen so much dedication to graphics before - it would seem just like you are watching a scene in a movie where the protagonist is walking through a very crowded area. I know it's hard to say...but the graphics are even better than GoW and GTA IV. Even if you look at a pot ona shelve or something you can see the same texture as you would with a real pot.

At first you don't have many weapons and skills to fight and defend yourself but as the game wears on, you increase dramatically with your skill - in the game with the swords and your skill with the buttons on your controller. The storyline is also quite interesting because in each level you can do a number of things to choose your personality in the game. You can be a pickpocket, you can help helpless citizens, be violent and kill all the guards or be stealthy and try and avoid them - or even you can do all of these. But each level as a certain assassination that the masters give you and you have to find information throughout the level about this person...then kill him. All this seems so interesting but finish a couple of levels and kill hundreds of guards the storyline gets a little repetitive and boring...destroying the excitement of killing people.

There is one thing in the game that I will never get tired of and that is while fighting off a large group of guards. What I love doing is holding my dagger in defense and then pressing 'X' to counter attack the guard. If you do that at a certain time, Altair will eliminate the guard in a very smooth and swift way...and there are many smooth and swift ways. Then, when the dagger goes through the body of the guard blood gushes out and increases the intensity of the graphics.

The sound effects are also pretty impressive and exciting. The sound changes according to you status in the game, if you are unnoticed the sound will be cool, but if you are being chased by a large group of guards that music will change to something more drastic and fast. Then to loose that large group of guards you will have to hide in a haystack or a little box thingy with curtains...if you are hiding the music will change into a heart beat rhythm. Then again, it gets repetitive as you go further into the game.

At many points in the game, the map doesn't show you objective and what you have to do next then it gets quite difficult to go on because the cities are really big. This gets really frustrating and you feel like quitting...but then after hours of search you might be able to find your objective. Also, the achievements are pretty hard to get.

The cutscenes are also very cool and unique. They are unique because in the cutscenes of Assassin's Creed you can move around and change the camera views when there is a "glitch" in the game. (People who have played this game will know why I put "" around glitch).

Lastly, my favorite thing about thing about this game is that you can climb up call building and synchronize with the city. The way the game shows the city when you synchronize with it is beautiful and very clever...i loved it. I also enjoyed climbing and jumping from building to building. Though the climbing can get pretty annoying because you have to be perfectly in line with the thing you are going to use next to climb with.

Graphics = 9.5/10
    Storyline = 7/10
    Sound Effects = 8/10

OVERALL = 8/10
  75. Sep 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed is a historic open world action adventure game that tries to make the player feel like an assassin, with some success. The open world is dynamic, and very immersive. The combat is great, with fast-paced action, but feels a bit unfinished. Now, the story is amazing, and to progress you have to complete small activities to reach your target, which are reasonably fun, but areAssassin's Creed is a historic open world action adventure game that tries to make the player feel like an assassin, with some success. The open world is dynamic, and very immersive. The combat is great, with fast-paced action, but feels a bit unfinished. Now, the story is amazing, and to progress you have to complete small activities to reach your target, which are reasonably fun, but are SO repetitive! However, the assassination missions are great, and provide a very fun challenge. The game does seem unfinished, but it's one of the most immersive games to date. Expand
  76. Jul 27, 2014
    Assassin's Creed has so much potential, but it isn't what it should be. Imagine playing a story mission with action, interesting dialogue and characters, except you have to do it nine times over. This game is extremely repetitive: go to a city, do a couple of side missions that are the same in every city, assassinate someone and repeat. The combat is well done, and it's fun to assassinateAssassin's Creed has so much potential, but it isn't what it should be. Imagine playing a story mission with action, interesting dialogue and characters, except you have to do it nine times over. This game is extremely repetitive: go to a city, do a couple of side missions that are the same in every city, assassinate someone and repeat. The combat is well done, and it's fun to assassinate people, but it gets old. I do enjoy the story and setting and the graphics and environment are actually quite good for 2007. Assassin's Creed isn't bad at all, it's decent, but it just gets boring very quickly. Expand
  77. Sep 9, 2014
    Revolutionary! Loved it. May get a little repetitive, but it rewards you with a piece of the story once you get it right. Please play this before AC2. I hate when a game gets hate after it's sequel is released.
  78. Nov 15, 2014
    I love the Assassin's Creed franchise, but I hate the first one, the game is old clunky and is very repetitive, you'll be doing the same thing over and over again: Listen over a conversation, find someone, interrogate someone ect... Its very boring and isn't worth a buy.
  79. Apr 3, 2015
    A great start to a very successful series.

This game is much more focused on the actual assassin part of the game, and it's this purity and charm that still makes it one of the best. Graphically superb for its time, you run around big detailed cities and countrysides, and the missions are well scripted and rewarding. The plot is somewhat confusing to start, and quite thin. The
    A great start to a very successful series.

The plot is somewhat confusing to start, and quite thin. The plot keeps swapping between modern day and past, but once you are used to the basics its easier to follow.

You play as Altair, a disgraced Assassin looking to return to glory and earn the respect once of again from his peers. The game takes about 10-15 hours to complete, and does a good job of mixing up the environments for each assassination.

The main mechanic for this game is the free running ability. Its does a great job of giving you freedom to do anything, so you can assassinate any way you want to. You can literally climb or run across anything.

The only problem is before each assassination can take place you must do smaller tasks, such as pick-pocketing information or eavesdropping on guards. These are the same for each mission, and you have to do them, essentially doing them 10 times in a row. This repetition can discourage a few players unfortunately.

Enemy AI is OK, but the game is not hard by any means. Combat is particularly easy, as Altair can fend off sometimes 20 guards at a time!

However it is a great game, and if you like adventure games that make you feel like a true dangerous assassin, this game is for you.
  80. Jun 21, 2015
    Looking back it is easy to pick out faults in this game when comparing to it's superior successors in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood. But, if you take yourself back to 2007 when this game first came out it's easy to see how it led to the huge franchise that it is today. Climbing up and over buildings to travel across reconstructed ancient cities is hugely satisfying, and if it weren't for theLooking back it is easy to pick out faults in this game when comparing to it's superior successors in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood. But, if you take yourself back to 2007 when this game first came out it's easy to see how it led to the huge franchise that it is today. Climbing up and over buildings to travel across reconstructed ancient cities is hugely satisfying, and if it weren't for the very repetitive gameplay this would be one of the best games of the 360's generation. Thankfully, the sequel ticked all the boxes that this original did not. Expand
  81. Jul 16, 2015
    The prototype of the superb ACII. The story doesn't get interesting until the end and the game is quite repetitive. However, it was the beginning of one of the greatest videogame sagas.
  82. Aug 28, 2015
    Boring storyline, repetitive submissions, too much blah-blah-blah in Animus cut-scenes. Lack of entertainment all the way.

You will not regret starting with Assassin's Creed 2.
  83. Oct 14, 2015
    I'm going to start out this review by saying that Assassin's Creed was an extremely popular game when it first came out, and one of my favourite games that I own. I think that all of the assassin’s creed games are equally all as good as each other however, I think that the newer Assassins creed games are a bit more better than what the older versions are for things such as graphics andI'm going to start out this review by saying that Assassin's Creed was an extremely popular game when it first came out, and one of my favourite games that I own. I think that all of the assassin’s creed games are equally all as good as each other however, I think that the newer Assassins creed games are a bit more better than what the older versions are for things such as graphics and story lines. The first game was marked for people aged 16+ but now the newer versions are aged 18 which connotes that there is now more violence explicit language and flashing images than there were in the older versions of the game. Expand
  84. Oct 20, 2015
    Revolutionary game for its time. The parkour was something that had never been used before in a game to my knowledge. The time period was great for the assassin setting. Only drawback is how repetitive the game is.
  85. Aug 17, 2016
    The first Assassin's Creed game was good, if a bit repetitive. I'll admit the climbing mechanics are clunky and annoying, but it was the first game and it was released back in 2007. The guard fights were repetitive and at times frustrating. The beggars and insane individuals were also very annoying. But aside from all of that, Assassin's Creed was a good game with a good story and goodThe first Assassin's Creed game was good, if a bit repetitive. I'll admit the climbing mechanics are clunky and annoying, but it was the first game and it was released back in 2007. The guard fights were repetitive and at times frustrating. The beggars and insane individuals were also very annoying. But aside from all of that, Assassin's Creed was a good game with a good story and good plot twist. I recommend to buy it if your a fan of the Assassin's Creed series. Expand
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    Assassin's Creed is one of my favourite franchises of all time, but the first one was probably the worst in the series. Whilst the story and characters were very imaginative and original, the missions were very dull and repetitive, and so my main objectives in the game were to view the amazing scenery created by Ubisoft. However, the introduction of the free running style game-play wasAssassin's Creed is one of my favourite franchises of all time, but the first one was probably the worst in the series. Whilst the story and characters were very imaginative and original, the missions were very dull and repetitive, and so my main objectives in the game were to view the amazing scenery created by Ubisoft. However, the introduction of the free running style game-play was very good and therefore attracted me to begin following the sequel, as it could only improve from here. Collapse

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.