Assassin's Creed Xbox 360

7.7

1. Jul 18, 2013
    Assassin's Creed is a beautifully detailed, smooth operating, engrossing game that suffers from one glaring fault, repetition. The number of times you must save a harassed citizen is a product of a design team that had to work on all kinds of function and scenery, and than had little time left over to fill the game with missions. The other annoyance to a game that is supposed to favorAssassin's Creed is a beautifully detailed, smooth operating, engrossing game that suffers from one glaring fault, repetition. The number of times you must save a harassed citizen is a product of a design team that had to work on all kinds of function and scenery, and than had little time left over to fill the game with missions. The other annoyance to a game that is supposed to favor stealth and assassin techniques is the constant large scale unavoidable fights the later assassinations produce. I'm sorry, my character is the worst assassin ever if he constantly just walks into a crowd of soldiers.
    Great game mechanics and wonderful detailing largely overcome second rate missions.
  2. Cuz
    Jul 30, 2012
    Just now playing this for the first time because of a Steam sale on the series. This is a half-hearted console port but playing with an XBOX controller made it work. The graphics look great given the age of the game and I really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cities. It does get repetitive so not really something you want to sit down and play for hours. I played it over a fewJust now playing this for the first time because of a Steam sale on the series. This is a half-hearted console port but playing with an XBOX controller made it work. The graphics look great given the age of the game and I really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cities. It does get repetitive so not really something you want to sit down and play for hours. I played it over a few weeks just getting in a mission here and there, about 20 hours of total gameplay not finding every flag. I'm giving it an 8 for the quality of the world and story, I very much enjoyed it in spite of the flaws. Expand
  3. JulioD.
    Jun 12, 2008
    Although not completely historically accurate. The game still has a fascinating and well thought out story with good replayable gameplay. This game also has awesome graphics and cool cutscenes. Each character is unique and important to storyline and dialog is interesting.
  4. SevK.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This game is absolutely amazing. So far (and I've finished the game) the only flaw would be the shortness in story length, although this is somewhat counter-balanced with flag collecting and templar killing. This game definitely does not deserve a 7.
  5. JasonM.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Just a beautiful game and a must own, especially for fans of the Prince of Persia series.
  6. KieferM.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Sheer massive in scale, beautiful world, intense combat, lotsa neat tricks, skills and moves. and amazingly to my surprise, its got a bit of sci-fi thrown in there too... the only thing better would be... well, the sequel.
  7. Sindow
    Jan 7, 2009
    The only problem many people will have with this game is the lack of their own imaginations. While it seems the developers spent most of their time developing the engine the end result is well worth it. Once you learn Assassin's Creed is about doing awesome things for the sake of being fun instead of having a pop-up box telling you what you did was fun because you get points for it The only problem many people will have with this game is the lack of their own imaginations. While it seems the developers spent most of their time developing the engine the end result is well worth it. Once you learn Assassin's Creed is about doing awesome things for the sake of being fun instead of having a pop-up box telling you what you did was fun because you get points for it you will have a blast. Expand
  8. FilipV.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Very good graphics, living environment, easy but rewarding combat system and real freedom (climbing on rooftops)
  9. BryceD.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Awesome game!! Don't rush through it and you'll love it all the more. Don't trust that popular review site this is game you're gonna have to play for yourself.
  10. JamesM.
    Nov 21, 2007
    This games more like a 9.5 but I'll round up. It has possibly one of the most interesting stories seen in todays gaming community. Many people complain about the repetitiveness of the pre-assassination but you only have to do 2 or 3 for each kill. Also the gameplay is simplistic but it makes it so pretty much anyone can pick it up and play. The climbing is the best of any game and This games more like a 9.5 but I'll round up. It has possibly one of the most interesting stories seen in todays gaming community. Many people complain about the repetitiveness of the pre-assassination but you only have to do 2 or 3 for each kill. Also the gameplay is simplistic but it makes it so pretty much anyone can pick it up and play. The climbing is the best of any game and worth your while due to the gorgeous environments. There are a few downsides to this game. Sometimes when interrogating someone Altair wont kill them after listening to them talk this leads to the game to be playing but you cant move at all and its just focused on the guy waiting to be killed. Also there are a few instances where you counter kill or grab and end up glitching into the wall or out of the level. These are small blemishes on a amazing game. Its main outstanding feature is that there are no other games like this on the market. Expand
  11. BD.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I was looking forward to this game for over a year. Leading into the release date i was disappointed with the reviews i read. I still bought it on its release. Immediately i was liking it a lot because of the running and climbing. After two hours of playing i was only OK with the game play. It seems, due to reading so many reviews, that each reviewed flaw in the game stood out and annoyed I was looking forward to this game for over a year. Leading into the release date i was disappointed with the reviews i read. I still bought it on its release. Immediately i was liking it a lot because of the running and climbing. After two hours of playing i was only OK with the game play. It seems, due to reading so many reviews, that each reviewed flaw in the game stood out and annoyed me. Now i am little past half way through the game and i am loving it. Once you earn more abilities and weapons and get your characters movements and fighting down the game is awesome. You look past the small flaws and take in how huge the city is as you're just sprinting, diving, and climbing along the rooftops. Just the act of getting from one end of the city to the other becomes fun as you take it to the rooftops. I don't get sick of that. It seems some small details were cut in able to make room for the vastness of area and size, which is fine by me. I tend to stand my ground in fights and take out the surrounding guards with ease. I also love waiting for an archer a couple buildings over to turn around and then run across rooftops and dive into him with a secret blade to the throat. The game plays very much like the prince of persia in an open environment (lot of acrobatics and climbing), mixed with the Hitman series (researching, blending, and assassinating). Collapse
  12. RobS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    The levels of immersion in this game are just immense. There are times when youll forget your in the Animus; and there are times when youll forget your playing a game, which is scary but awsome at the same time. The game is only repetitive if you plough through the story without exploring the game. The game in five words, SCALE, BLOODLUST, IMMERSION, DETAIL, FUN. A resounding 9 out of 10.
  13. AbdulS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    the best game on any console. all you critics are really stupid. graphics are the best, storyline is good, the only con is finding flags for achievments, otherwise an almost perfect game.
  14. BrianK.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Graphics alone this is one of the best looking games I've ever seen on the 360. You really can't give this game enough praise in that department. Story is very take it or leave it. I personally could not appreciate the story that much, I really feel like the developers made the most obscure plot so that the fans could obsess about AC2 (yes, the sequel setup is already in place, Graphics alone this is one of the best looking games I've ever seen on the 360. You really can't give this game enough praise in that department. Story is very take it or leave it. I personally could not appreciate the story that much, I really feel like the developers made the most obscure plot so that the fans could obsess about AC2 (yes, the sequel setup is already in place, preorder now!) which is a huge letdown and doesn't command my respect, but it will sell games I guess... Gameplay wise, this is sandbox game. Sandbox games are different from many single player games, you have objectives, but largely you will spend your time doing things unrelated to the single player story. Think of games like GTA, Superman (360), or Saints Row and you have an idea of what AC is, but the styling of the game is so well done, you may not realize it until you're about an hour into the game. One of these things is rescuing citizens from corrupt guards, which means mastering the combat system which is engaging and well designed, but probably too tedious for the amount of combat they have put in the game to get your 100% completion satisfaction. This is not your God of War combat system, it's not so satisfying that you will want to spend gads of time fighting, however if you get creative you can stage fights on rooftops, fling soldiers to their death, and generally have fun with it, it's just too bad the primary obligatory combat in the game means you're always fighting in some street hall or corner. Another common activity is climbing around rooftops and towers, and yes, this is an absolute part of the game you must complete, or at least makes the game much easier when performed. This is probably the most fun activity in the game, it's tons of fun and fills in the gaps between the obligatory elements of pickpocketing, evesdropping, and of course, assassinating. Speaking of which you won't do much assassinating in this game, exactly 9 times to be exact, and a few side quests (and not too many really). And most of all that I found disappointing, most of the time your targets appear on your trusty minimap and have floating arrows above their heads. Yes, we all know your average gamer is clincally stupid, but this huge KILL ME sign wasn't really necessary and the gamer would have more fun if they had to pick out their targets. Imagine with me taking down a slave trader by skillfully eliminating his gang members one at a time, until the perfect moment to strike nears. That won't happen in AC, it's paint by numbers the whole way through. Expand
  15. DaxD.
    Jan 14, 2008
    Great game that keeps rolling on. I am so tired of buying games for $60 buck that last under ten hours. This game even if you do not do every mission or find every view point will take you 20 plus hours of game play. This game gives you the best bang for your buck. The only other game I have played in the last 6 months that was better was Bioshock.
  16. ShanB.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Assasin's Creed is a great game, especialy those who are in to action games. The enviorment and characters all look stunning, the gameplay is fun and will keep you entertained even by just jumping across buildings. The only downside is that it does become a little repetitve near the end of the game. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great game that will not to dispoint.
  17. JG
    Jan 3, 2008
    Awesome game. Assassin's creed breaks new gorund in graphics and evironments, but it lacks creative side missions, the game gets a bit repetitive and once beaten there isnt much replay value. Overal 9.3 rent or buy.
  18. AlexF.
    Feb 11, 2008
    I think this game should rate 10 or at least 9 because you have so much freedom to do what you want and the fighting is just fantastic! and very realistic.
  19. WillS.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Very interesting 3rd person adventure game. It's very refreshing to see one of the big studios make something new for a change. Assassin's Creed has high art quality, and some of the best animation blending i have seen in a game. I like being able to climb on almost ever surface, plus things such as mounted combat and the crowd AI really adds to the gameplay. Worth the buy!
  20. MW
    Mar 5, 2008
    Simply Fantastic...a must own game..I love Ubisoft.
  21. MatthewV.
    Jun 30, 2008
    A very good game the graphical side of the game was very realistic also knowing that you could jump around on any building to evade or to stork your assassination was extremely clever. The only down side is the game gets very repetitive and boredom sets in but in the end it was a great game to play.
  22. EdwardS.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Pleasing to say the least. Technically, this game plays great and looks amazing. Top notch graphics for sure. And as a GAME it
  23. MaxG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    So similar to Prince of Persia but so much better. It reminds me mostly of Theif (remember that one!) except the game is about a thousand times more complex. Plus, you can actually fight.
  24. BradW.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Great control scheme, though a little difficult to get used to. Awesome Story, voice acting, and Freerunning.
  25. IanC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I've got an advance copy from *ssshhhhhh*, so this isn't guesswork, I've played a load of this today. My feeling is this is a game that's being marked on expectations, rather than the real deal, and that's a little unfair, and maybe there's also a lesson or two for Ubisoft regarding just how much they reveal about a game or hype it prior to release - you I've got an advance copy from *ssshhhhhh*, so this isn't guesswork, I've played a load of this today. My feeling is this is a game that's being marked on expectations, rather than the real deal, and that's a little unfair, and maybe there's also a lesson or two for Ubisoft regarding just how much they reveal about a game or hype it prior to release - you gotta hold something back, right? So far I'm loving AC. It looks amazing, it feels amazing, and right now I'm having a ton of fun running, climbing, fighting, exploring etc etc. Isn't that the point? So it gets boring later? This might be news for a few reviewers, but fair few games don't get boring after a while. I think this is a tip top title, and worth your pennies. It's courageous, innovative, interesting, and very very clever at times. Yeah it's got some glitches, but give the coders a break will ya, look what else it does! I can climb a tower without the tower looking in anyway as if it's designed for me to clamber on, it's all so fluid and 'natural'. One final comment - why have so many reviewers absolutely insisted on spoiling the storyline? Expand
  26. ScottD.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Love the stealth features and the new controls.
  27. Nox
    Nov 16, 2007
    Aslong as you arn't rushing through the game you'll enjoy it, if you are racing to the end you won't. A nice break from the hundreds of shooters this year.
  28. JasonA.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Great game - story is strong, game play is very smooth and innovative, and overall just a great game. The controls can be somewhat challenging and complicated, and a few nits here and there, but overall I really, really love this game.
  29. larzB
    Nov 16, 2007
    I am so hyped about Assassins Creed! This game is great. I was excited when I first saw the videos with Jade Raymond describing the game but now that I have it and have been playing it .. OMG!!!!!I love all the interaction with the environment and the people. Ubisoft really blended all the great gaming elements that are popular right now. Great Job!!! Much LOVE
  30. ClintK.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Simply incredible. It's like some of these reviewers are playing a different game. Maybe they've just been spoiled by so many great games this fall.

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.