Asura's Wrath Xbox 360

6.6

1. Jul 4, 2012
    Asura's Wrath sets itself apart by seismic animated cinematics and some stirring audio presentation. It's too bad that it fails to incorporate the player as it does the extraordinary presentation because Asura's Wrath is otherwise an extremely ambitious game with wonderfully constructed set pieces and an over the top style similar to Asura's angry and aggressive demeanour. So if you pickAsura's Wrath sets itself apart by seismic animated cinematics and some stirring audio presentation. It's too bad that it fails to incorporate the player as it does the extraordinary presentation because Asura's Wrath is otherwise an extremely ambitious game with wonderfully constructed set pieces and an over the top style similar to Asura's angry and aggressive demeanour. So if you pick up Asura's Wrath you really are plonking down the cash for a cinema sized experience. However this is one such game where Quick Time Events are forgiven because the game is unlike anything else out there. Expand
  2. Feb 21, 2012
    Great graphics and soundtrack, with a story told in anime-style by chapter, but with simplistic (and confuse) gameplay, consisting of Quick Time Events and simple figthing sequences mixed into the story.

Looks like a mixture between Dragon Ball Z and Shurato, if the gameplay has been more substantial, would receive a score 8,0 - 8,5.
  3. Mar 22, 2012
    Asura's Wrath is a difficult "game" to score. The art style really pulled me in from the beginning. I wish I could say the same for the story. About half way through, I found myself skipping the story part and just playing the game segments which sadly only lasts for a few minutes each during the 19 episodes. Since this "game" is supposed to be and interactive story, there is no way I canAsura's Wrath is a difficult "game" to score. The art style really pulled me in from the beginning. I wish I could say the same for the story. About half way through, I found myself skipping the story part and just playing the game segments which sadly only lasts for a few minutes each during the 19 episodes. Since this "game" is supposed to be and interactive story, there is no way I can truly recommend this game as the story is rather simple and boring. (Not to mention, a little weird) I would say wait till this title drops to $20 and then try out the 6 hours of play it provides. Expand
  4. Mar 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Playing this game is like riding a roller coaster. You get to see all the good things, all the scenery and all the fun stuffs, but you don't really control your experience. This game is like an interactive anime (Hell, it is even designed like one). It can be fun at times, but the QTE gets boring real quick. I recommend this to anime lovers. The story is actually cliche, and the true ending is cheap. Really Cheap. I really hope this kind of DLC dies away. Expand
  5. May 2, 2012
    This is like action anime without ankward cuteness, just how I like it. Awesome action clips are really epic, but gameplay isnt very good. Fighting is basically just smashing one button and sometimes using strong attack or shoot, but not anything like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. Quick Time Events are mostly easy and it wasnt problem for me like hard QTE's in God of War. Mostly QTE'sThis is like action anime without ankward cuteness, just how I like it. Awesome action clips are really epic, but gameplay isnt very good. Fighting is basically just smashing one button and sometimes using strong attack or shoot, but not anything like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. Quick Time Events are mostly easy and it wasnt problem for me like hard QTE's in God of War. Mostly QTE's affects only score and only sometimes animation is different. There has come some DLC out. Episode 11.5 (160 live points) is just crappy 10 minutes long anime cartoon of fighting against some gohma with useless QTE's and not actual gameplay. It was so bad I dont even wanna know what Episode 15.5 (160 live points) is. But there is now more!
    At the end of april came DLC episodes 19-22 (560 live points) and oh boy. This completes the game and those should have been in the game at the first place! When I played Asuras Wrath without DLC I was after ending like "Meh.. Game had its good parts, but I probably never play this again." After DLC and real ending I had big smile on my face and whole game felt better. I recommend DLC for everybody who didnt actually hate this game. Overall this is average, but still good and short game. Definedly buy if you like epic fights.
  6. Mar 6, 2012
    As a game? Asura's Wrath falls short. The combat is lacking depth in comparison to it's peers (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, etc), the shooting sequences are repetitive seem tacked on and both the combat and cutscenes are crammed with quick-time events.

As an experience? Asura's Wrath presents a compelling story and a thrilling experience overall, complimented by the game's charming graphical style. If you go into this game looking at it as an interactive story experience and less of a game you will enjoy yourself much more.

Sadly I have to give it a 5 due to the "video game" components of Asura's Wrath being rather lackluster. Despite this I recommend this to anyone looking for an exciting story.
  7. Feb 22, 2013
    When i first played this game it made a good impression on me. I liked the graphics, the story and the gameplay... until i find out that most of the gameplay was the same of naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 2. the gameplays of these 2 games are very similar, maybe because the developers were the same (cyber connect). But still is a nice game, but not a great and i recomend it to thoseWhen i first played this game it made a good impression on me. I liked the graphics, the story and the gameplay... until i find out that most of the gameplay was the same of naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 2. the gameplays of these 2 games are very similar, maybe because the developers were the same (cyber connect). But still is a nice game, but not a great and i recomend it to those that like this kind of games. Expand
  8. Mar 7, 2012
    There is no secret about what this game is all about: exposition. While the game is loaded with quick time events, your level of enjoyment will teeter on whether you can get lost in the spectacle of it all. The amount of actual open combat is quite limited. Play the demo and decide for yourself since the actual game strays very little from that formula.
  9. Mar 18, 2012
    The game itself is a great experience but once you experience it, it gets stale. Trust me, once you beat the campaign there's nothing else to to do and you won't want to replay story mode. Other than that it is a good game. I wish they focused more on the gameplay than the cinematics. But, if you're looking for a game that has an ingaging story, Asura's Wrath is for you. Rent don't buy,The game itself is a great experience but once you experience it, it gets stale. Trust me, once you beat the campaign there's nothing else to to do and you won't want to replay story mode. Other than that it is a good game. I wish they focused more on the gameplay than the cinematics. But, if you're looking for a game that has an ingaging story, Asura's Wrath is for you. Rent don't buy, because this game is not worth your $60. Expand
  10. Apr 5, 2012
    If you are a anime fan of any sort you need to play this game. It plays like any action anime you have seen and you get to be the guy that takes down the main bad guy. And for those that have not seen any anime at all should watch at lest ONE before playing this game to get some kind of understanding to see where and how they made the game. This is a perfect example of anime meet videoIf you are a anime fan of any sort you need to play this game. It plays like any action anime you have seen and you get to be the guy that takes down the main bad guy. And for those that have not seen any anime at all should watch at lest ONE before playing this game to get some kind of understanding to see where and how they made the game. This is a perfect example of anime meet video games. Short on the action but makes up for it with the characters and storyline and don't forget all the extras that keeps you playing. Rent or buy?

Rent- Yes I loved the game but its to short to keep anybody really tied to it long unless some DLC comes out this game can be shorted lived. Only for the HARDCORE anime fans and gamers of J-games should keep and wait for more if there is a second game.

1. May 12, 2012
    Asura's Wrath proves how awesome anime can be, but at the same time also how ridiculous it is. With exaggerated quick-time events, absurdly long battles with bosses and a lack of actual gameplay make this the perfect translation from anime to a game. Unfortunately this doesn't automatically create a perfect game.
  2. May 1, 2012
    As an anime experience, it's frankly hard to top what Capcom's done here. But as an entry in the pantheon of interactive entertainment, it doesn't do enough to be anything more than marginally "interactive," resulting in a merely average, albeit unique, game.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 25, 2012
    Very, very strange action beat'em up would probably make your eyes pop-up, yet you'll be attracted to play it – if only to find out what madness is hidden in next part... [Apr 2012]