7.6

1. WillV
    Jun 3, 2010
    Backbreaker is a different type of football game, because its lost between arcade style and realism. I find it fun at times, mainly while rushing the ball. At other times it is overly frustrating, as when I am passing. The passing game is difficult to get used to, and if you want to throw anything that is not a bullet pass your pretty much going to either mess up and just stand there or Backbreaker is a different type of football game, because its lost between arcade style and realism. I find it fun at times, mainly while rushing the ball. At other times it is overly frustrating, as when I am passing. The passing game is difficult to get used to, and if you want to throw anything that is not a bullet pass your pretty much going to either mess up and just stand there or pump fake. The game modes are decent, tackle alley is a very fun and addicting part of the game. Besides that the other game modes feel as if they are back in sega genesis time. Also, the playbook is the most frustrating part of the game, its hard to navigate you can only see four plays at a time, and you need to make it through four menus before the time runs out to even pick a play if your not on arcade mode. Lastly, the focus is part is fun on any player, let it be offensive, defensive, etc, the bad part of the view is switching between players. The camera likes to fling me around when I switch players and sometimes I end up running the opposite way that I want because when I switched the player is facing the complete opposite way. All in all its a good game, I can see myself playing through the season several times and learning the in's and out's of the game more intently. However, its weaknesses will need to be improved on through updates and possibly a Backbreaker 2. PS. Please fix the replay's, I want to save some of my good moves and not actually see what happens on a field goal. Expand
    Jun 1, 2010
    Nice physics...nice custom team editor.... that's about it. Poor atmosphere, poor presentation, no fatigue, no injury, no NFL, no commentary, no referees, no trades during season, no individuality to the players, same playbook for all teams, no in game stats, generic overlays during games, long waits between plays watching animated scoreboard etc, no football AI, Too many bugs like Nice physics...nice custom team editor.... that's about it. Poor atmosphere, poor presentation, no fatigue, no injury, no NFL, no commentary, no referees, no trades during season, no individuality to the players, same playbook for all teams, no in game stats, generic overlays during games, long waits between plays watching animated scoreboard etc, no football AI, Too many bugs like 108 yard extra point attempts. In my opinion they needed another 6 months to 1 year of further developing before releasing this "game" Download the demo, if you like it then you will love it. If you say this seems very stripped down and surely the full game will be better you will be severely disappointed. Expand
  3. Apr 2, 2015
    Backbreaker has a lot going for it through it's graphics and Euphoria tech-powered gameplay,but it's main problems is the passing system,lack of a deep career mode,and awful local multiplayer,but it is FUN.

1. Quotation forthcoming.
  2. To be honest there is very little that Backbreaker does wrong. Its only real drawback is that it is not an official NFL licensed game and misses out on the major draw of taking a team to the Super Bowl.
  3. Although it can’t be defined as an absolute masterpiece, Backbreaker proves to be a well crafted game, capable of assuring a fun and engaging experience to both fans of the genre and potential newcomers. If you’re looking for some hardcore action and you’re not afraid to get hurt, this is surely the game for you.