Backbreaker Xbox 360

7.6

1. Hobsie
    Jun 7, 2010
    The Graphics are far better than Madden, the game play is far more exciting than Madden, the entire feel of the game is far better than Madden. As long as you can look past the lack of licensing (which just isn't that important for me) then this is the best Football game on the market as far as I'm concerned. And yes, I am sick fed up of being drip fed a 'new' Madden The Graphics are far better than Madden, the game play is far more exciting than Madden, the entire feel of the game is far better than Madden. As long as you can look past the lack of licensing (which just isn't that important for me) then this is the best Football game on the market as far as I'm concerned. And yes, I am sick fed up of being drip fed a 'new' Madden each year. This game is is such a breath of fresh air! Expand
  2. RaymondC.
    Jun 2, 2010
    Player movement, gang tackes and amazing gameplay make this a great game.
  3. AaronW.
    Jun 4, 2010
    Great all-around game from a company putting out its first product. Sure, it has its flaws like every game, but its definitely worth 45 bucks and its the best sports game I've played since NFL 2k5. A+.
  4. RyanS
    Jun 1, 2010
    Compared to other series' first attempts at football this generation, Backbreaker is by far the best. The game is pretty bare bones, but the actual football is pretty impressive for a first attempt at a game. Defense is insanely fun to play. The offense could use some fine tuning, but overall I was very impressed with this game. Hopefully we will one day see a Backbreaker 2.
  5. WalterR
    Jun 1, 2010
    This game is AWESOME! Awesome tackles, simple controls and a camera that puts you down in the trenches. Football has changed forever!
  6. MattG
    Jun 2, 2010
    Great game, just needs playing for a bit.
  7. TomM.
    Absolutely amazing game!!!!
  8. DaveC.
    Jun 2, 2010
    The best thing going for this game, is that it isn't Madden. It's fresh! It's not a roster update year after year after year after year for $60. The game takes some getting used to, and I think that's why people won't like it. If you want the NFL licenses, create them with the most in-depth creation ever in a football game.
  9. EricD.
    Jun 2, 2010
    For the first time out the gate it's pretty dang good. Looks more real, doesn't seemed canned like some other sports games.
  10. Richard
    Jun 2, 2010
    Great fopotball game that often gets overlooked with the little things that make football truely great. Captures the emotions of being on the field and its ashame most of these reviews are either from EA biased reporters or people that dont want change.
  11. RicheyL
    Jun 3, 2010
    Best Next-Gen Football Game (actually the only-since Madden is STILL Madden93, only worse playability. Reviews are extremely biased, EA pays the bills. Serious FUN, awesome customization, LOVE the game, no more Madden, finally something DIFFERENT, and BETTER!
  12. LaurentB.
    Jun 7, 2010
    I really like the game, I have spent over 20 hours with the game already and i can't complain about the camera, glitches, bugs, etc... once you know how to work with the camera etc., the game is really enjoyable, especially my favourite mode: road to backbreaker, it really feels good to see your own custom made team develop in progress.
  13. MatP
    Jun 8, 2010
    At its core, its an extremely solid game of football, at times it reminds me a lot of the fun I had playing NFL 2k5. Gameplay wise I'd definitely say this game has it over Madden 10 which suffers from ridiculously broken tackling and ball trajectories that warp to the nearest player with the highest stats as opposed to, you know, obeying the laws of physics. Gamebreaker however does At its core, its an extremely solid game of football, at times it reminds me a lot of the fun I had playing NFL 2k5. Gameplay wise I'd definitely say this game has it over Madden 10 which suffers from ridiculously broken tackling and ball trajectories that warp to the nearest player with the highest stats as opposed to, you know, obeying the laws of physics. Gamebreaker however does lack all the ancillaries that hardened fans crave. Essentially you have to weigh gameplay against licensed teams, deep team management and all the little touches that make Madden a more palatable experience (injuries, fatigue, stadium crowds, sideline action, commentary, subtle differences between players, etc). If you can find it on the cheap, its well worth a look. Otherwise I hope its a successful proof of concept that sells the Euphoria engine to Tiburon, and we'll see it included in Madden 12. Expand
  14. NathanJ
    Jun 1, 2010
    Just watch the videos if you don't believe. A truly deep game once you understand it.
  15. NealB
    Jun 3, 2010
    Definitely a fun experience but we'll need to wait a few more iterations to get back to where we were with NFL 2K5. When this game hits $20-$30 bucks, it is definitely worth a look.
  16. AmirisH.
    Jun 4, 2010
    the game does not deserve the ratings its getting. most of us football gamers know this. id give the game a solid 8 but since the critics arent giving the game fair trial & ive put 30 hours in it, i put 10. how you guys like that!
  17. TaylorF.
    Jun 5, 2010
    This game is amazing, besides the emptiness in the season modes, I love this game. It's challenging and really fun. I also feel the game is really rewarding after a big play. At the least, rent this game. It is really entertaining. Did I mention the logo editor / creator. Imagine if Forza was a football game. A blast of fun.
  18. RobbyG
    Jun 9, 2010
    Backbreaker is the most fun I've had with a Football game since NFL 2K5. The animation engine is the smoothest (and probably most expensive) out there, everything is real-time, everything is just great. Although I agree there are a few bugs, just like any game, and the season mode is shallow, this game is a must buy for the price.
  19. ToddE
    Jun 12, 2010
    This is the best football video game I have ever played! Yes, the controls are a little tricky to learn and their are some issues, but the game is so revolutionary in its physics it is easy to look past that. Here's hoping this series doesn't die because of bad press and big bad EA Sports having control of the market.
  20. Nov 16, 2012
    Great alternative to Madden series, offering a really different concept with third person camera action and passing with the right stick. A MUST GET for any football fan. I played more than 100 games before starting to get bored, 5 seasons in the career mode after creating an awesome team with the logo, name and the colors, be careful while creating because you won't be changing anythingGreat alternative to Madden series, offering a really different concept with third person camera action and passing with the right stick. A MUST GET for any football fan. I played more than 100 games before starting to get bored, 5 seasons in the career mode after creating an awesome team with the logo, name and the colors, be careful while creating because you won't be changing anything for the career afterwards :=) Expand
  21. May 7, 2014
    Best sports game i have ever played, madden is too serious but with this, me and my friend, we have soooooooo much fun with the tackle system and some of the greatest times i have had come out of this game

1. Quotation forthcoming.
  2. To be honest there is very little that Backbreaker does wrong. Its only real drawback is that it is not an official NFL licensed game and misses out on the major draw of taking a team to the Super Bowl.
  3. Although it can’t be defined as an absolute masterpiece, Backbreaker proves to be a well crafted game, capable of assuring a fun and engaging experience to both fans of the genre and potential newcomers. If you’re looking for some hardcore action and you’re not afraid to get hurt, this is surely the game for you.