5.0

1. Jun 3, 2012
    I actually enjoyed Band Hero, the music isn't for everyone but there is a few great tracks on there. I like the fact that neversoft mixed New music with the old ( which they always do) so that kids can discover new music. If it wasn't for Band Hero, I wouldn't be into The Kooks, The Airbourne Toxic Event, Everclear or OK Go. The layout is exactly like Guitar Hero 5 except the backgroundI actually enjoyed Band Hero, the music isn't for everyone but there is a few great tracks on there. I like the fact that neversoft mixed New music with the old ( which they always do) so that kids can discover new music. If it wasn't for Band Hero, I wouldn't be into The Kooks, The Airbourne Toxic Event, Everclear or OK Go. The layout is exactly like Guitar Hero 5 except the background is Pink and Purple and not Brick and Blue but don't be turned off about that. It also keeps the same game modes and features 5 had like Party Play and the different combinations of instruments. Best part about the game is that you can export most of the tracklist to GH 5 and import songs from other GH Games into Band Hero as well. The game is really cheap now so search the bargin bins for it and start rocking out providing you have the instruments for it :P Expand
  2. Oct 15, 2010
    It's not a bad game to play. Just a bad game to listen to, at least for me. It's definitely an alternative if you've got a younger crowd to attend to that doesn't need to hear inappropriate lyrics. It may be a little tedious to be surrounded by mainly one genre, but it still plays pretty well.
  3. May 11, 2012
    I just picked this game up at EB Games for $9.99 and it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. I quite literally made this account a few moments ago just to display my disgust for this absolutely atrocious game.

1. Neversoft and Activision have built on the successful design of Guitar Hero 5 and given it a fresh new look and replaced all that aggressive rock and pounding metal with fun and energetic pop music and the smooth sounds of classic rock from the past three decades that will certainly appeal to younger gamers and their parents.
  2. At the end of the day, Band Hero feels a little like that massive bag of cotton candy you buy at the fair. Nostalgia tells you that it tastes great, but reality leaves you with a pink mouth and a stomach ache.
    Band Hero is a good game, but it lacks any kind of spark that makes it feel unique. In the end, this is one of the examples people will point to when they talk about Activision milking the Guitar Hero franchise for all it’s worth – even though this time the milk is quenching the thirst of every Taylor Swift fan out there with a plastic guitar.