8.3

1. Jan 16, 2013
    As a kid I loved this game, but as I've grown this games true form has taken shape before my eyes. This game is full of tedious back tracking and empty rooms. Large numbers of areas have one ore two minor collectibles in them and then a warp on both ends leaving them to only be entered once. Some collectibles however require traveling across 3 separate worlds to get any kind of reward. The note system shrunk in this game when it should have expanded to fill the large worlds with content, but instead it shrunk.

Now while I'm bashing this game far more then I did Kazooie's port, I will say that this is the better port. Every flaw was untouched, and every thing the game did right is still there outside a few reference jokes about plumbers and monkeys and pocket monsters. The game looks good, plays well, and only the most loyal of fans will notice/give a crap about the slightly out of sync intro music.
  2. May 22, 2012
    Must have game. The graphic has gotten old, but the fun and game play are still fresh. One of the best adventure arcade games ever made. More skills, maps, possibilities and enemies than the first one. More tasks too. You won't made a mistake.
  3. Oct 21, 2010
    A great sequel which you'll love if you had even the slightest bit of interest in the original Banjo-Kazooie. Sure, the levels can be a bit confusing sometimes but that's just because they aren't half as linear as the areas in many modern games. Banjo-Tooie takes actual thinking to progress, which is something that can't be said about a lot of games these days. Anyway, it's a really great title that I highly recommend. Collapse
  4. Oct 21, 2010

1. Banjo-Tooie is a no-frills ROM port that is a slam dunk for those looking to relive some of gaming’s past glory without having to pull out past consoles.
  2. For every moment where the game deviates from predictable platform tropes, there are dozens more when it's really nothing more than a very nicely assembled and presented riff on what other games were pioneering. Banjo-Tooie, then. Not one of the all-time greats, but when you take off the rose-tinted glasses the result is still enough to make it a standout on Live Arcade.
    If you played Banjo-Tooie back in the day it's worth a revisit to remind yourself how good this game was and earn a few achievements. And if you've never played Rare's masterpiece it's high time you found out why it is considered a high point for the genre.