Batman: Arkham Asylum Xbox 360

8.7

1. Nov 18, 2013
    Not fun, I have to agree with all of the other negative reviews. The gameplay is linear, like walking through a movie with only one possible course of action and either you're doing it or not. Combat is okay, but repetitive. I don't understand why people think this is what a "fun" game is. I can play for about 15 minutes at a time and then I think "working on my resume would be moreNot fun, I have to agree with all of the other negative reviews. The gameplay is linear, like walking through a movie with only one possible course of action and either you're doing it or not. Combat is okay, but repetitive. I don't understand why people think this is what a "fun" game is. I can play for about 15 minutes at a time and then I think "working on my resume would be more fun than this." I struggle to understand how this game has a metascore of 92 and a user score of 8.7. It's just Not Fun. I created an account here just to let people know. Expand
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    After a friend of mine harassed me for basically only playing FPS games, he suggested I give this a try. Based on all the critical acclaim, I decided to give it a go. And I'm sorry, I've got to say, I don't get it. The controls are incredibly clunky. There are way too many irritating collectibles and puzzles. This game is just tedious and very frustrating. One of the few good things I canAfter a friend of mine harassed me for basically only playing FPS games, he suggested I give this a try. Based on all the critical acclaim, I decided to give it a go. And I'm sorry, I've got to say, I don't get it. The controls are incredibly clunky. There are way too many irritating collectibles and puzzles. This game is just tedious and very frustrating. One of the few good things I can say about it is that I was a fan of the Batman comic books growing up, and they stayed very true to the characters. Otherwise, definitely one of the most overrated games of the last few years. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is wildly overrated, in that everyone seems to think that running around a bafflingly linear environment while mashing the 'X' button during combat is somehow fun. There is no point to any of the combat, or combos, or weapon use, because it's all just part of a redundant routine that plays out exactly the same no matter how many enemies you fight. What's more, some sequences are designed to kill you at least 30 times, requiring you to play the same five minutes over and over again until the AI lets you get lucky. The point I stuffed it back in the box was the time when I walked into a room with six gun thugs and booby-trapped gargoyles, thereby ensuring total failure and unlimited amount of times. This is not fun, and I don't see how anyone could possibly find it fun. Expand
  4. Jul 8, 2011
    Here is my review of Batman AA.

I bought this game after trying the demo and thought I would give it a go. Here is my review for this mediocre game: Graphics: The graphics are very mediocre. They were probably good 2 years ago but they have aged badly. I have other games from 2009 and they just kick the heck out of this games graphics. Too dark, a bit bland and totaly unexciting in my
    Here is my review of Batman AA.

Graphics: The graphics are very mediocre. They were probably good 2 years ago but they have aged badly. I have other games from 2009 and they just kick the heck out of this games graphics. Too dark, a bit bland and totaly unexciting in my view.

Controlls: The controlls are horrendous. At times they are so unresponsive it is beyond a joke. I have lost count the number of times I have pressed "Y" for counter and nothing happend or gone to fire my baterang and nothing has happened and I have noticed on numerous occasions that you have to actually stop running before you can do other moves. Terrible controlls. You can't do anything else whilst running around. Pathetic.

Gameplay: Very repetative short and mediocre. This is the gameplay, detect fingerprints, tobacco follow trail rinse repeat about 100 times, beat up bad guys rinse repeat, use stealth to get past guys with guns rinse and repeat. After the third time I was like not again.

The boss battles are the worst I have ever seen in my 30 years of gaming. The final Joker boss battle was the worst most pathetic end of game boss battle I haved ever done in my life. You never fought him. You fought his crap pathetic minions AGAIN for the millionth time. Someone needs to tell the creators the mid game bosses are not ment to be harder than the end game boss.

Poison Ivy was a joke and as for Killer Croc don't get me started! That is the worst boss battle I have ever seen in my life. Whoever came up with that should be shot! Terrible.

The length of the game was also trully pathetic. It is the shortest game I own. Someone really needs to tell Eidos how to make games with graphics and gameplay length.

I can play games for upto 6 hours a day and I did this in 3 DAYS! Bloody hell. Talk about short. I played Lego Batman for the same length of time each day and that took me 2 WEEKS to get it to 100%.

They had to add those ridiculous riddles to pad out the game because they knew they had created a short game!

Also there is no replayability value to it whatsoever. Pathetic. Once you do story mode there is nothing left to do in the game except for those boring challenges.

Story and voice acting: Again horrendous!

Overall a trully mediocre (at best) game and I am baffled at how this won all these awards. It is the second most overhyped and overrated game I have played only beaten by Assassin's Creed 1.

It is just another example of the reviewers falling for the hype machine. Someone plaese tell the reviewers what hyping up means as they haven't got a clue!

Thank goodness I only spent £9.90 ($15) on this as it is not worth anymore than that.

Overall score 4/10.
  5. May 16, 2011
    This game is broken. Two bugs exist that can make it unplayable, and you can only use one save slot, so there is no "going back a bit" to re-do. Other than these two unforgivable bugs, the game is great. I cannot confirm, but think that they both exist in PS3 and PC versions also. One of the bugs can be avoided, and I will help you avoid frustration by explaining how below with as fewThis game is broken. Two bugs exist that can make it unplayable, and you can only use one save slot, so there is no "going back a bit" to re-do. Other than these two unforgivable bugs, the game is great. I cannot confirm, but think that they both exist in PS3 and PC versions also. One of the bugs can be avoided, and I will help you avoid frustration by explaining how below with as few spoilers as possible.
    (MINOR SPOILERS START NOW). Wait until earthquakes, then read the rest and there will bot no spoilers. (SPOILERS START HERE, unless you are were I have asked) When you return to Botonacal Gardens going after Ivy, do not attempt to open any doors in the greenhouse that are covered with vinces. Once through, the game saves you in a room that there is no way to exit. Avoid this one and hope the other (pure chance/luck) doesn't happen to you and it's a great game.
  6. LeefnaS.
    Sep 28, 2009
    It's like there's some kind of conspiracy to trick me into thinking this game doesn't suck. I think we need more games where you run around and look for stuff and pretend like that's what a 'puzzle' is.
  7. MylesW
    Sep 12, 2009
    Extremely overrated. The boss fights are repetitive, the gameplay is subpar, not that much replay value. The graphics and sound make it worthy of a rent, not much more. All reviews fail to note any of the negatives of this game. Watch some gameplay videos, play the demo and rent before you buy or you'll be disappointed as I have been.
  8. catchalltrash
    Sep 10, 2009
    I'm about an hour and a half into the game. So far it has been a disappointing experience. The combat is dreadful, navigating the environment is clunky and awkward, character movement is too slow, and the "checkpoint" system needs work. I'm really glad this is a rental.
  9. Jacob
    Aug 27, 2009
    The entire world looks incredibly fake, the fighting is very robotic and annoying, and the objectives are not interesting in the slightest. On top of that, they changed Harley Quinn's costume for the worst. From a technical perspective, the lip syncing and facial expressions look like something from the 90s, which really makes the game hard to enjoy. The game didn't entertain The entire world looks incredibly fake, the fighting is very robotic and annoying, and the objectives are not interesting in the slightest. On top of that, they changed Harley Quinn's costume for the worst. From a technical perspective, the lip syncing and facial expressions look like something from the 90s, which really makes the game hard to enjoy. The game didn't entertain me, so i'm giving it a low score. Expand
  10. Luke
    Aug 26, 2009
    Maybe I'm playing a different game. But the Batman AA game i'm playing suffers from clunky controls, and ok graphics. the gameplay is only so so. I've only played the game for an hour and a half but so far I'm not enjoying it. But the critics love it, so what do I know
  11. Jul 8, 2011

Here is my review of Batman AA.

Story and voice acting: Again horrendous!

Overall score 4/10.

1. What may be one of Batman’s worst nights of his life may end up being one of many players’ best experiences of the year.
  2. This is certainly not a game for just Batman fans, comic fans or action fans; this is a game that everyone should play and thoroughly enjoy. It looks beautiful, plays like a dream and has a superb mix of action, stealth and detective elements. The combat is intuitive, flexible and surprisingly deep too. Give this game a go and you will not be pleasantly surprise, you will be blown away.
  3. Batman Arkham Asylum is a product of absolute value that can count on a cast of colorful characters to build a great game, really fun. The greatest strengths of the production lie in the gameplay built around what are the real capabilities of Batman, mixing action and stealth section, but always related with the universe from which have been extrapolated. Rocksteady's game is certainly the new standard for understanding how produce games under license, adapting for videogaming the very spirit of this historic character.