Binary Domain Xbox 360

8.0

1. Apr 4, 2013
    Downloaded it on the cheap from Xbox Live Games on Demand, and I like it. It's basically Gears of War with Robots. And some things thrown in to make it a little different. A sleeper hit.
  2. Mar 27, 2012
    Meh...
    Oh ok. Terminator. A rough team. A TPS. A bit of Phlip K Dick and Isaac Asimov.
    Er... What else?
    Well well well...
    Seems to me that due to the amout of money put into gaming those days, we could decently expect something more... Orignal, couldn't we?
  3. Apr 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing new from this game but i have to say something that really made me want to cut every member of teams throat is STAY OUT OF MY LINE OF FREAKING FIRE!!!!! I don't know if anybody else had a problem with this but as soon as the gunfire started and you moved to a cover spot they ran RIGHT next to you or you moved up and they moved into you previous spot only to FOLLOW you and jump RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! Don't know ANY third person shooter that didn't know that FIRE LANES are important for a reason. I get that this game was suppose to evoke the emotional aspect of squad fighting but COME ON there should be no reason they go right I have to go left just so I can shoot without someone from my squad jumping right in front of me. Sounds like I'm complaining yes, cause this was the only FLAW in the game that made me ragequit so many times that I just almost about gave up on the game if it wasn't so short.(84hours total with ragequitting) So if you are looking for something to fill the void until something else comes out or your done with ME3 then give it go. Rent or Buy?

Rent- nothing new here and the EMOTIONAL aspect will have you feeling sorry that you even rented it. BTW- Boss fights in this game will be another reason that you want to quit and the last boss blows and there isn't enough ammo for heavy weapons to finish it off. just make sur ethat you are packing some serious heat other then your standard issue weapon.
  4. Jan 13, 2013
    Its not going to win any awards but its still a fun shooter. Gameplays is like a arcade game and the first few missions are boring, but as you go on with this game you just got to keep on going. Its very hard to predict what happens in this game and just game offers twists and turns, good story as well. Overall nothing next-gen but a enjoyable shooter. Binary Domain 7.5/10
  5. Jan 25, 2017
    Binary Domain is a solid third-person shooter.

The game has a good cover mechanic and solid squad command mechanics.The level design is good for the most part,but the inclusion of consistent time-based sections annoy the f*** out of me as a player,and they don't even tell you the time limits.The boss fights are ok. The graphics are solid,and the framerate remains at the same level
    Binary Domain is a solid third-person shooter.

The graphics are solid,and the framerate remains at the same level throughout.

The story here is solid,and will keep you interested throughout the 8 hour campaign

The sound design is good,with excellent voice acting and soundtrack is terrible.

Overall,Binary Domain could have been a great game,but is held back by some major flaws.
  6. Feb 28, 2012
    I'm not going to go into the story very much, because Xborn74 already made a very good account of it, but I can say that it is very gritty, and well produced. I especially liked the fact that the conversations in Japanese were subtitled, and there are some good twists abound near the end. Voice acting is solid and the banter between characters is also very good; it's hard not to like theI'm not going to go into the story very much, because Xborn74 already made a very good account of it, but I can say that it is very gritty, and well produced. I especially liked the fact that the conversations in Japanese were subtitled, and there are some good twists abound near the end. Voice acting is solid and the banter between characters is also very good; it's hard not to like the main characters, of which there is a good mix of ethnicity's. The story is fairly emotional and definitely aimed at an Adult audience. There are quite a lot of cut-scenes at a very high quality.

The single player is a decent length, clocking in at around just over 10 hours, and there is re-playability in the fact that you can pick different squad members who have different conversations throughout the campaign. The combat is extremely solid and the bosses are immense on a Lost Plant scale. There are no energy bars, so the only way to tell if your hurting them is the actual damage that they have taken i.e. when you start to destroy their armour. You can easily become immersed in these battles, and the bosses can take massive amounts of damage before they are defeated, just like the movie The Terminator. You get a real sense of achievement when you finally take one down and there are parts of the game where you face a gauntlet of tough enemies. You need to make good use of weapon upgrades and nanomites (skill upgrades), bought using credits earned in game, if you want to secede!

The voice controls work well, but it's just as easy issuing commands and aiming banter at your team mates using button presses (simply hold lb and use a face button).

The MP is decent, but the SP is this game's bread and butter.

This game really is a gem, and I would it recommend to anyone looking for an intense and immersive game. Personally I'm already on my third play-through and it still seems fresh and enjoyable. To get the best experience, it's best to play on either survivor or no mercy difficulty, both of which can be tricky, but not unfair.

I really can't see any negative points for this game, so I'm going to go ahead and give it a perfect 10. Certainly my favourite game of 2012 so far - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1. May 19, 2012
    Binary Domain wants to be more than a generic shooter, but unfortunately drops the ball with the unique gameplay elements. What remains is an entertaining, reasonably interesting and good looking shooter that could've scored better with an extra layer of technical polish.
  2. May 6, 2012
    It's a fun, frivolous sci-fi narrative with just enough strength of writing to provide some memorable moments of dialogue; satisfying combat and set-pieces; and a competent grasp of pacing. After some bad experiences with the genre, Binary Domain has convinced me that there's still some value in cover shooters.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 17, 2012
    A Japanese adaptation of the Gears of War franchise with voice commands. Besides the mechanical novelty, which would have been better executed with buttons, the game is just another regular shooter with some interesting boss fights. [Apr 2012]