Bionic Commando Xbox 360

7.3

1. Feb 10, 2011
    I recently borrowed this from my friend who paid $9.00 for it, and the fact that he complained about being ripped off probably should've kept me away from borrowing it. Still, I'm a gamer and I enjoy playing all variants of different games, and after playing through this entire game, I was glad to return it back to my friend. I don't want to have this review as a soundboard for myI recently borrowed this from my friend who paid $9.00 for it, and the fact that he complained about being ripped off probably should've kept me away from borrowing it. Still, I'm a gamer and I enjoy playing all variants of different games, and after playing through this entire game, I was glad to return it back to my friend. I don't want to have this review as a soundboard for my complaints about it but I'm afraid that will be the end result. To start, the graphics on the game are decent, but the framerate sometimes tears. This probably would get fixed if I downloaded it to my hard drive, but seeing as to how I don't think this game is worthy to be on my hard drive, I don't care. The game probably has some of the worse voice acting I've heard in awhile. Out of all of the characters in the game (There actually only like 6), only 1 of them has some decent acting skills. The main character, Spencer, sounds like an absolute and total meathead that you want to punch in the groin everytime he opens his stupid mouth to spout off a cheesy one-liner. Never have I disliked a protagonist in such a manner. The back of the box cover says that it redefines the world of 3-D platforming. Umm, not really. The only difference is that you now get an extendable arm to move faster from place to place. The bionic arm mechanic is sadly underused, and there are never any sequences that require you to use it, other than "Move into the conveniently blown hole in the building." The guns are laughable and not one of them is satisfying to use. The enemies are all extremely bland and lack variety, evolving from "Biomech Commando Gorilla!!!" to "Biomech Commando Gorilla with Gun!!!", all the way to "Biomech Commando Gorilla with Gun and Wings!!!" I didn't even mention how stupid and boring it is to fight these enemies. Even the boss fights are unsatisfying and they're not even remotely difficult. It's like, whenever an enemy boss hurts you enough so that you're near death, they can sense it and they just magically back off until you're full health again. The storyline is extremely dull and I literally read none of the background data since I just don't care at all. They even tried their own little twist at the end, which was unexpected, but I couldn't care about the twist since the main character is such a complete tool. The ending was horrifically bad, and I think that they intended to leave it open for a sequel, but with a game this bad, who cares? The multiplayer I don't have much comment on, considering I played one game and quit afterwards. Everyone is moving so fast, it reminds me of another Crackdown 2 game, which is absolutely no fun. I played the original Bionic Commando for the NES, and I loved that game. This is just a travesty and to call it even a remake is a shame to modern and old developers alike. The only reason I gave this game a 4 is because I think that the bionic arm mechanic is very cool and was occasionally fun, swinging from building to building. Other than that, do yourself a favor not buy this game. If you're friend tells you it's not worth $9.00, you should probably believe him. Expand
  2. DanleroiXX
    Jun 10, 2009
    A gameplay bankrupt for videogame frustrating and a boring. Graphically it expire, the control of the personage is very bad. Bionic Command is one of the most large errors than Capcom, the much worse one than Dino Crisis 3. Sin because it could come outside large videogame like its those. Unfortunately if a video game is not giocabile it is not a video game.
  3. peted
    May 20, 2009
    Don't believe the review, this game is not a 69 rated game, I'm really starting to understand that metacritic is not a great site any more to decide if a game is good or bad. This game is crap a huge failure, stay away, it's NOT worth 69 in metacritic.
  4. Jerry
    Jun 16, 2009
    Yikes! What a horrid, horrid game! There's really nothing in this game that makes it worth playing. If you want to swing around and grapple, play Spider-man instead. Evert turn is filled with poor design choices compounded by even poorer implementation. Save your money for something else.
  5. May 3, 2011
    if you are thinking of buying this game for the idea of free roaming swinging around a city, then dont.
    this game is VERY linear, you are in a city, but you usually cannot touch the floor because its flooded, and you cant swing too high because of 'radiation'.
    going in a direction other than where the game wants you to go causes you to die from 'radiation'. unfortunatly the game doesnt
    unfortunatly the game doesnt really warn you very well which areas are actually going to kill you, so its trial and error alot of the time.

if you want to experience what this game really should have been, buy spiderman 2 for ps2
  6. Jun 27, 2013
    I have no idea why, but I just HATE this game. Usually I'm quite forgiving with reviews, but this game deserves no sympathy. This game is COMPLETELY BORING, gunplay is WEAK, the arm zip line mechanic is TERRIBLE, and the story is a JOKE! I can't remember any characters in the game except the main character who is the "BIONIC COMMANDO", and the only thing I can remember about him is ugh....I have no idea why, but I just HATE this game. Usually I'm quite forgiving with reviews, but this game deserves no sympathy. This game is COMPLETELY BORING, gunplay is WEAK, the arm zip line mechanic is TERRIBLE, and the story is a JOKE! I can't remember any characters in the game except the main character who is the "BIONIC COMMANDO", and the only thing I can remember about him is ugh.... He has dreadlocks..... He has a metal arm...... He wears a tank top......and that's because he's on the f**king cover of the box. His name? I'll be F**KED if you asked me that a gunpoint, because I have no clue.....John...... Mark........DANIEL!? But seriously I have no f**king idea. I could have got the name right, I DON'T EVEN KNOW! So this game is pretty bad for someone who is new to bionic commando. To a fan, I'm not too sure. Ijust didn't enjoy the game in simple terms. Expand

1. The overriding impression is of a game that's physically too big for its action. [June 2009, p.88]
  2. It's hard to forget the unresponsive controls, ludicrous story, and questionable combat encounters. The game is uneven and inconsistent enough to scare away even eager fans who have patiently waited 20 years for another swing. [June 2009, p.83]
  3. Games Master UK
    When a game is built around a single mechanic that is employed so well, so often and so entertainingly it's hard not to overlook its flaws and just enjoy yourself. [June 2009, p.70]