8.5

1. Apr 7, 2013
    This game is utterly boring, the only upside is the voice acting.
    It's just the same 7 different enemies and the same environment all the time, people rating this a 10 have never played anything else but Tetris.
  2. Apr 7, 2013
    I was excited for Infinite because we were back with Irrational Games and Levine. I expected an experience something like the original Bioshock. I really liked Bioshock. But Bioshock Infinite felt much more like Bioshock 2, which was a cynical money grab with no merit.

Gameplay? It's Ratchet and Clank without the fun. But that's not what we're here for. We're here for the story. And

We're here for the story. And the story is DUMB. Just plain dumb. Offensively so. I don't think I was supposed to laugh at the ending, but I did. The same way I laughed at plan 9 from outer space. This was not the experience I was hoping for.
  3. Apr 8, 2013
    If you rated this game anything other than something in the green, you're either an idiot, or played the wrong game. This is by FAR one of the finest examples of gaming and storytelling I've ever seen in my life. Want multiplayer? Forget it. This isn't CoD, children. Don't like the story? You didn't understand it.

Jesus, this game was amazing. This is something to play again and again.

Jesus, this game was amazing. This is something to play again and again. What a way to leave this generation of gaming, highest note you can imagine.

It's impossible to bash this game. Anyone who does is wrong and a liar with no taste in gaming, PERIOD.
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    When I first started playing I loved the direction and the setting, a city in the sky with all these features for your character to inhabit like magic and a melee weapon. But as I kept on playing the game started to suffer from repetitive action and events and lost interest in the game all together, even so there is cool breathtaking moments throughout, but forgettable.
  5. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The original BioShock was an utterly unforgettable experience. This game, however, doesn't reach that point, nor does it come anywhere close to it. You see, what made the original BioShock a masterpiece is that it created a truly interesting and original work of fiction. Infinite, on the other hand, just reworks pieces of the 2009 star trek film along with elements of Dr Who and season one of fringe, as well as an non-existent back story, an underdeveloped setting, poorly integrated/inconsistent elements (vigors, Comstock's motivation's, etc etc) and uninteresting characters. Elizabeth is loveable, but loveable and interesting are not one in the same. Only three things about BioShock Infinite are improved from the first BioShock, the shooting mechanics, better ending, and a more personalized (but still more generic) story. The political themes also aren't as well developed either, with the extent of their development being that they are mentioned in the first place. Comstock is probably the biggest disappointment with the extent of his development being that he is a racist, moronic, bad guy with non-nonsensical motivations. Expand
  6. Apr 24, 2013
    Overrated, it's like walking through a living history museum, you try to make the best of a bad situation, because you never wanted to go in the first place, then you get dragged off to go look at something your friend finds fascinating, which you don't. Not a bad experience, but not 10 quality.
  7. May 6, 2013
    My fave game this gen, surpassing my previous #1 Demon's Souls.

Story is solid, graphics/mechanics are some of the best of any game made, and the artistic style is unique and memorable. Sounds, movements, voice acting, all top notch as well. Weapons and vigors are balanced and offer unique ways to attack each area. Not to be missed. If you are a gamer, you owe it to yourself to at
    My fave game this gen, surpassing my previous #1 Demon's Souls.

If you are a gamer, you owe it to yourself to at least experience this game.
  8. May 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Does this game live up to all the hype? In some areas it does, in other areas it falls short. The bests aspects of the game are its characters, setting, semantics and story. While the combat is arguably one of the games lower points. In many places the combat seems terribly scripted and some of the level design is awfully generic. And sadly there isn't that much variation in the enemies, the adversaries shown off in the trailer only make brief appearances in the latter half of the game. My biggest gripe however is the plot, I won't spoil anything, but too me it seems like the developers ran out of ideas and came up with a plot twist that would extend the length of the game. Sadly though in the process they throw every thing that was important during the first half out the window, characters, setting and even semantics.

All that said, it is still a very enjoyable experience, and despite the poor engine optimization I would highly recommend this game.
  9. May 28, 2013
    I wasn't really expecting much from this game since early demos made it look much more action-oriented than previous games. And it came out exactly as I expected. Basically, Bioshock Infinite has made itself as close to Call of Duty as it can. They've introduced a two weapon limit, most areas are just full of chest high cover for you to hide behind as you pick off waves of hostile enemiesI wasn't really expecting much from this game since early demos made it look much more action-oriented than previous games. And it came out exactly as I expected. Basically, Bioshock Infinite has made itself as close to Call of Duty as it can. They've introduced a two weapon limit, most areas are just full of chest high cover for you to hide behind as you pick off waves of hostile enemies and exploration is much less present than it was before. Vigors replace Plasmids, but they do it very poorly. None of them are particularly fun to use and they don't fit into the world of Columbia at all. Basically this game tries to craft a "clever" story and just pastes on Call of Duty gameplay to get the player to each revelation. And I didn't find the story very compelling either, so that made things worse.

The high point of the game is simply the aesthetic of the city, it's nice to look at. That's it. The guns are average, the Vigors are average, the gameplay is average and the story is average. It's not horrible by any stretch, but it's not a great entry in the series. I had more fun playing Bioshock 2. I traded this game in after getting 1000G, which took only a few days. There is absolutely no replay value, anyone who has beaten the game will understand. Rent if you can, don't buy.
  10. May 31, 2013
    I really couldn't find myself to finish this game. It was okay. I stopped at the part where Elizabeth had changed her outfit the first time. It's not as good as the first two Bioshock games. I wish they could have had something to do with the first two. It's a complete re-imagining of the series. The setting is great but there's zero acknowledgement that Rapture had ever existed. Overall,I really couldn't find myself to finish this game. It was okay. I stopped at the part where Elizabeth had changed her outfit the first time. It's not as good as the first two Bioshock games. I wish they could have had something to do with the first two. It's a complete re-imagining of the series. The setting is great but there's zero acknowledgement that Rapture had ever existed. Overall, it's okay. Expand
  11. Jun 9, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is not a bad game. The setting and game does a good job matching two of Bioshock 1's big strengths, scenery of immersion. Story-wise, I think it tries hard and comes up with something interesting, but not particularly great. The combat takes center stage in this game, with shootouts galore. The vigors/tonics you use are somewhat underwhelming, a few decent. I'm not aBioShock Infinite is not a bad game. The setting and game does a good job matching two of Bioshock 1's big strengths, scenery of immersion. Story-wise, I think it tries hard and comes up with something interesting, but not particularly great. The combat takes center stage in this game, with shootouts galore. The vigors/tonics you use are somewhat underwhelming, a few decent. I'm not a fan of the sky-hook, but that is me. Your companion through much of the game is probably the brightest part, far more engaging than Booker (your persona) and not a hassle to keep around at all. This is worth a play through, but little substance here. I could not imagine waiting for the DLC content from launch day, there is nothing to tide anyone over for a great length of time. 12 hours possibly tops, and little replay value as it stands sans-dlc. Expand
  12. Jul 12, 2014
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  13. Jul 7, 2013
    Recommended to: Fans of the original Bioshock, FPS fans and people looking for an immersive single-player game to sink plenty of time into.

While Bioshock Infinite does not make huge changes from the original game's formula, it's still an amazing game that takes your breath away at how it looks, feels and plays. The story, while confusing if you don't pay attention or you didn't like your High School science classes, is well told and explained by the many hidden collectables throughout the city and characters. Columbia, while sometimes feeling more like a floating ghost-town than a thriving (or collapsing) urban city during the game, looks stunning, and when done right, like a real city. Sadly, this "real city" feel is lost quickly as the story progresses. Booker DeWitt gives the player a very interesting twist on the usual "tough guy who regrets his past" protagonist with some good depth in his character as well, adding even more to the story. Elizabeth, while being a great companion in general, has a few problems in her AI that make her feel a little fake at times and can remove you from the immersion for a while. The enemies in general are nicely made, with a brain on their heads on Medium and can be pretty cunning on hard. One enemy, the Siren, acts more like an annoying bullet sponge than a tough enemy, making the part of the game where you fight her a painful drag. The levels, even though they are linear, are made very well and sometimes feel like you are playing in an open world game instead. In short, this game is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, Bioshock Infinite is still an amazing game. With its great story, addicting combat and a city in the skies that blows you away, this game is definitely a game of the year contender, and shows that the sky is not the limit for the infinite possibilities of fun and entertainment that you will get from this game!
  14. Jul 10, 2013
    Between the fun gameplay and the great storyline, I really enjoyed this game. The wide expanse of guns and vigors along with all of the skylines make this beautiful setting a great experience to make your way through. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing and you will enjoy every second of it, and if the last of us hadn't come out I'd say that this is game of the year.Between the fun gameplay and the great storyline, I really enjoyed this game. The wide expanse of guns and vigors along with all of the skylines make this beautiful setting a great experience to make your way through. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing and you will enjoy every second of it, and if the last of us hadn't come out I'd say that this is game of the year. However, one thing I didn't like about it was that the guns were unbalanced. You'll probably find yourself using either a shotgun or a carbine for most of the game. However, it's still tons of fun and I would give it a 9.5 if user reviews could give decimals, but since that I can only give a whole number, I'll give it a nine. Expand
  15. Jul 21, 2013
    Loved Bioshock and Bioshock 2 and thus had big expectations on this. Was totally disappointed. Long but boring. Repetitive battles and enemies. After the first third or so I was just hoping it to finish already. Also autosaving sucks bad.
  16. Oct 14, 2013
    This is a good game but not better than the previous installments. The main disappointment is the storyline which is just too confusing to understand. All in all a good game but I prefer bioshock 2.
  17. Aug 21, 2013
    This game really boils down to the question, do you focus on plot or gameplay? As far as plot goes, the game manages to surpass its predecessors. The characters are highly believable, the plot is well executed and as far as overall storytelling goes, the game easily lives up to the hype and is deserving of all the praise it has received.

As for the actual game play itself, well...Its

As for the actual game play itself, well...Its fun but it there isn't anything original that hasn't been done sadly. For the most part, the RPG-ish element that felt present (i.e. finding weapon upgrades, saving up EVE for those high priced plasmid upgrades) is largely if not entirely replaced by an admittedly more expansive but largely uninspired shop system. Basically, whenever you want any upgrade outside of your health/vigor(eve)/shields, yes I said shields you go to the circus of values. Even the player upgrades are reduced to search and retrieve missions.

As for the shooter mechanics, the ability to use the Columbia rail system is fun and leads to some interesting combat mechanics, but after awhile it really does become repetitive. Between the cliche two-gun system, the attachments and the regular repetition of getting into a fight, killing some bad dudes and moving forward the actual gameplay feels far more linear and doesn't encourage players to explore around as in the previous two titles. Don't get me wrong the actual gunplay is SUBSTANTIALLY improved over its predecessors. The weapons feel smoother and the actual guns all have different purposes which will have you weapon switching to suit each battle...but I get the same thing (speaking purely of gunplay here, NOT plot/art!) in Halo to be honest.

Overall, Bioshock Infinite is a good game I would still recommend to friends...but unless you are looking for a narrative-driven game in which case you will enjoy this significantly more than I did, its just another well-done shooter, but really nothing that is groundbreaking in terms of raw gaming mechanics.
  18. Jun 20, 2013
    After playing through the original BioShock (one of the most sensational experiences in the history of gaming) and BioShock 2 (a lesser, yet fairly strong sequel that offered a different take into the BioShock universe), I must say that my expectations were rather high. And while BioShock Infinite isn't a direct sequel to either of the first two, it still manages to tie in with themAfter playing through the original BioShock (one of the most sensational experiences in the history of gaming) and BioShock 2 (a lesser, yet fairly strong sequel that offered a different take into the BioShock universe), I must say that my expectations were rather high. And while BioShock Infinite isn't a direct sequel to either of the first two, it still manages to tie in with them story-wise. Normally, I don't like to knock off too many points if a game manages to entertain but lacks in the story department. I'll make an exception in this case, however, as the story is one of this game's primary selling points and still manages to eventually crumple beneath its own depth. The tale that BioShock Infinite weaves initially starts off in a compelling manner. You are Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton agent that is sent to rescue the girl (Elizabeth) and wipe away a mysterious "debt". Eventually, the plot thickens (but not by much) and a series of even more mysterious events occur, creating many unanswered questions throughout the game. One of the most detrimental cons of BioShock Infinite is the fact that some of these unanswered questions remain unanswered. The ending is quite bizarre and fails to adequately explain everything that may be puzzling you. Booker's story manages to trip up over itself numerous times and I almost felt cheated after the credits were finished rolling. Several people have told me that: "Well, if you play it through a couple more times, it will make more sense to you." Regardless of whether or not that is the case, as a player, I should not be required to play through a game several times to adequately grasp the message that the game is attempting to convey to me. In my opinion, (and I'll probably get a little heat for this), Infinite's story is significantly inferior to the first two BioShock games and genuinely failed to live up to my expectations. I felt that the game simply tried too hard for its own good and as a result, produced a confusing and ridiculous ending that I'll be glad to forget. Now, moving onto actual gameplay mechanics. BioShock Infinite's combat is still extremely polished and manages to be diverse and entertaining for the majority of the game. However, it does tend to stale a little towards the end as the same old enemies are thrown at you wave after wave and you're forced into a battle of attrition. Instead of the traditional Plasmids, the game's "spells" are called Vigors (although they're essentially the exact same thing). They all prove to be entertaining but I'm disappointed with the fact that there is only 8 of them, compared to the original BioShock's 11. The game also lacks the amount of personal customization that the first two afforded and the weapon upgrading system is horribly uninspired. Battles, as mentioned earlier, are generally a blast but some of them result in cheap deaths due to unfair environmental setups (for example: fighting several RPG soldiers that have the high ground while trying to not get mauled by a Handyman). The majority of the weapons achieve a solid balance and are a ton of fun to destroy enemies with. Voice acting is superb and the atmosphere that Infinite has crafted is outstanding. The rich culture and diverse city of Columbia can be a treat to indulge in but at times can also be repetitive and lifeless. The developers, in my opinion, failed to play up the fact that Columbia is a floating city, other than the somewhat annoying Sky Hook mechanic. Falling over the side into the abyss does not penalize you in any way, which eliminates any fear of heights that Columbia could have produced. If you could not physically look over the side and see that the city was indeed floating, you would not have any idea whatsoever. The Songbird, which seemed to be a major character throughout the game, was poorly implemented into the plot. Several parts of the twist ending were actually somewhat predictable (if you were paying even remote attention as you played) but that may have been due to the fact that I was looking really hard to find any hints or clues that may have unraveled the story before its conclusion. Overall, despite all of the complaints that I had, it's still a BioShock game through and through. The world is rich and uniquely crafted, the weapons and combat are all extremely fun, and the campaign itself is quite lengthy (around 20 hours or so). However, don't set your expectations of the story too high (as I did), otherwise you're simply setting yourself up for disappointment. Expand
  19. Feb 10, 2014
    It must be me. I had fun with this. It's a solid shooter in an amazing setting but for some reason it didn't grab me. Maybe I should have stuck with it. You should all give this a go.
  20. Aug 9, 2013
    I really loved the original Bioshock when it came out so I feel like I should really like this game and on some levels I do but on others I don't. I'll break it down for you.

PROS: - The story is pretty well written and the ending is great - The world is pretty gorgeous considering the limitations of the Xbox 360 - The characters are well written and I really felt for Booker and

PROS:
    - The story is pretty well written and the ending is great
    - The world is pretty gorgeous considering the limitations of the Xbox 360
    - The characters are well written and I really felt for Booker and Elizabeth
    - Elizabeth as a helpful NPC companion was a lot of fun, (but then I do enjoy the helpful NPCs a lot)

CONS:
    - The game feels like it drags on a bit longer then necessary
    - Health, Salts (Mana) and shield feels too small and to extend them required a lot of pointless side missions (more filler)

IN IT'S DEFENCE:
    - it's very linear, it is BUT its an FPS so please don't expect a RPG!
    - The graphics suck, well compared to top notch PC games definitely BUT its an XBOX 360!
    - The shooting sucks, it's not Call of Duty that's for sure but I think it was adequate.

OVERALL
    I think it's an OK game, not the masterpiece everyone claims it is but its definitely not BAD. Some people say "the journey is as important as the destination". Unfortunately for this game the journey is fairly mediocre but the destination is pretty amazing.
  21. Jan 7, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is far from the greatest shooter I've ever played. The gun mechanics are nothing special at all, and in fact, at times, suffocatingly basic. It lacks the variety, fluidity and precision of some of its peers. Surely the kiss of death for a first person shooter? Well... no, something I can't quite put my finger on kept me glued to the game to see it to its conclusion.Bioshock Infinite is far from the greatest shooter I've ever played. The gun mechanics are nothing special at all, and in fact, at times, suffocatingly basic. It lacks the variety, fluidity and precision of some of its peers. Surely the kiss of death for a first person shooter? Well... no, something I can't quite put my finger on kept me glued to the game to see it to its conclusion.

Maybe it was the setting, the glorious floating sky-city of Columbia, filled with its distinctive early-20th century America adornments. There are few locations quite like it in gaming - completely memorable and thrillingly abstract; a particular personal highlight was encountering a barbershop quartet early in the game performing their own rendition of the Beach Boys' "God Only Knows". Maybe it was the plot, convoluted and verging on being too ambitious for its own good, nevertheless like any good science fiction mystery story I was suitably intrigued and wanted to know how it all ended. Maybe it was Elizabeth, your delightful companion throughout the majority of the game, never getting in the way or seeming like a chore, it was a pleasure to accompany her and enjoy all the little things she got up to: exploring, interacting, dancing.

And so I did finish it. But when I did, I felt a little empty. A good game without doubt, but not the rip-roaring success I had been led to believe it was going to be. Maybe it was the skylines, a great idea and a real strength of the gameplay but somewhat, I felt, underutilised. Maybe it was the overzealous item-collecting busywork needed to further the knowledge of the plot. Maybe it was the plot itself, interesting but at the same time unsatisfyingly porous. All in all, it's an enigmatic, confused game, but one for whose heights I feel it's worth enduring the journey.
  22. Aug 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock Infinite is a triumph of a game. It overcomes the memory of Rapture by introducing the new and exciting world of Columbia. It is both recognisable and fresh as it keeps the same combat mechanics from Bioshocks 1 & 2, but introduces new powers and methods of combat (such as the use of skylines).

First of all, the storyline. On a first playthrough, and without the background information of the voxphones (recorded messages from prominent residents of Columbia) the storyline might seem a bit confusing. You play as Booker DeWitt, a PI who has been tasked with finding and extracting a girl called Elizabeth from Columbia. The quote "Bring me the girl and wipe away the debt" is used extensively throughout the storyline and you always feel curious about Booker's past and who is behind this plot. However, if you are like me, and want to collect every voxphone to expand the storyline, listen to every conversation, look at every poster in Columbia etc then you will be able to follow the storyline more clearly. This is essential when you reach the game's shocking, and thought-provoking, ending. The one major triumph of this game is that it elicits conversation between you and others who have completed the game a discussion of the ending seems compulsory and everyone seems to have their own idea on what is going on! Congratulations to Ken Levine and his team for weaving such an intricate story with well-rounded characters and motivations. It is rare for a videogame to challenge issues such as racism, classes, religion and capitalism but these are all contained within, even if some are not extrovertly shown.

The combat is fluid and there always seems to be a variety of methods on offer to dispatch a group of enemies. Do you make use of the skylines? Do you use your vigors and try to set fire to a patch of oil, electrocute enemies in water, or use a water-based attack to hurl them off Columbia? Or do you just shoot them in the face? The options available to the gamer are varied and appreciated. The enemies themselves normally exhibit a fair degree of AI, although they can sometimes do silly things. Occasionally, enemies have got stuck on scenery. Some of the new enemy types are very interesting and a bit scary to deal with. I liked the Patriot. However, I felt that the Handyman was over-powered by being too fast for his size and strength. The point of Big Daddies was that they were incredibly powerful and could rush you, but you always felt more nimble and agile than them so at least you felt you had some kind of advantage.

Columbia is a beautiful place a lot of open sky to look at. The sounds of Columbia are also excellent I love the early 20th century adaptations of a few late 20th century classics! (Especially the Beach Boys) There are many diverse locations to explore and exploration is rewarded by voxphones, weapons, health packs, vigors and infusions. Infusions allow you to level up your health, shield (thanks, Master Chief!) and salts. Salts are the spiritual successor to EVE.

I should talk about Elizabeth here. Generally, I find NPC sidekicks to be incredibly annoying in videogames. In the past, they have often been characters that you have had to protect and then they do something stupid and get themselves killed, often due to poor AI. Elizabeth is different. The game has been constructed carefully so that Elizabeth is only ever a help and not a hindrance. Elizabeth can open tears in reality to assist you in combat. These tears can be anything from bringing allies to the fight to med-kits. She is a valuable companion, able to draw your attention to collectibles you might have missed, and offers interesting conversations as you progress through the story. You feel very protective of her as you find out what she has had to endure. Songbird is also protective of Elizabeth you all will have seen him (it?) in the trailers. You will discover that there is a tenuous link between Songbird and Rapture's Big Daddies. Songbird is a fabulous creation well done to the design team. Both scary and something that you want to love. It's a shame that we couldn't see more of Songbird. The sequences that Songbird inhabits are normally the most exciting or emotional.

The game's almost a perfect 10 but not quite. While the storyline is incredible, there are a few plot points that don't quite tie together for me. I have experienced some slow-down on the 360 in busy areas of combat. The handyman is a bit unbalanced. Elizabeth's abilities and autonomy seems to have declined somewhat from early versions of the game. Some vigors seem to be hardly used by many gamers seem to have their favourites and stick with them. If specific vigors were required in certain situations, that might encourage the gamer to use a wider mix of vigors. And you killed Songbird, you b*stards! ;-)

Can't wait for the DLC. Season pass purchased. Thanks for the ride, Irrational Games.
  23. May 22, 2014
    Although Infinite was the first that I played in the series when I got it free with PS plus I was disappointed the story was not captivating as Bioshock which I played later but the most disappointing thing was Elizabeth which was not that game changer nor was the hook used in traveling that everyone made us believe and the combat was not that good.
    The city and graphics were the best
    The city and graphics were the best parts of the game.
    It is 8-8.5 game at best especially considering the long development and the hype which was followed by those reviews.
  24. Nov 19, 2014
    Single player FPS don't usually hold my interest for really long. I prefer multiplayer. But this game was just amazing. I love the steampunk design, the twist ending, the level design, the power ups. Im not going to write a very long detailed review but this game was great.
  25. Aug 4, 2013
    this game is a thought provoking and interesting experience. Infinite provides the a first person shooter with a brain. The game has one of the more unique and interesting stories ever told within a video game. Everything is meticulously planned and when everything sinks together it leaves you with a real shock to the system. The game looks amazing on every system and plays fluidly. it isthis game is a thought provoking and interesting experience. Infinite provides the a first person shooter with a brain. The game has one of the more unique and interesting stories ever told within a video game. Everything is meticulously planned and when everything sinks together it leaves you with a real shock to the system. The game looks amazing on every system and plays fluidly. it is a shame that the rail combat was not included more heavily in the game because it is a blast. I lot of people have complained about the combat, but i think it is fast paced and enjoyable the weapons feel great and the shooting feels much better than previous bioshock games. the addition of gear and fusions adds to the great combat and of course the vigors are fun and extremely powerful. it is great that the game allows you to find your favorite combination of gear, weapon and vigor. the stars of the show however are definitely the characters and the back story of the world of columbia. the world is interesting and begging to be explored.
    this is the pinnacle of first person shooters and easily one of the best games of this generation.
  26. May 29, 2014
    Prepared to be blown away!!!! This game easily has one of the best stories in gaming history. With twist and turns that will blow you away. Make sure to follow the dialogue and story when playing or you can easy get lost/overwhelmed. My only dislike for this game come with the combat and RPG elements. Unlike Bioshock upgrading your guns and powers is not nearly as rewarding. The powers arePrepared to be blown away!!!! This game easily has one of the best stories in gaming history. With twist and turns that will blow you away. Make sure to follow the dialogue and story when playing or you can easy get lost/overwhelmed. My only dislike for this game come with the combat and RPG elements. Unlike Bioshock upgrading your guns and powers is not nearly as rewarding. The powers are lackluster and the enemies get repetitive quickly. Big daddies where an actual challenge in Bioshock while the Handy Men are easily defeated. Overall an amazing game worth playing over and over!!!! Expand
  27. Jul 17, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the first truly great games to come out in a long time. There is just so much that this game does right. From the opening sequence that does the job of immersing you amazingly, to your arrival in Columbia, which is absolutely breathtaking, to the absolutely sublime ending which I won't spoil, because spoilers would result in your mind not melting upon reachingBioshock Infinite is one of the first truly great games to come out in a long time. There is just so much that this game does right. From the opening sequence that does the job of immersing you amazingly, to your arrival in Columbia, which is absolutely breathtaking, to the absolutely sublime ending which I won't spoil, because spoilers would result in your mind not melting upon reaching the end.

Anyway. Gushing aside, this is a great, well-put-together game. It's everything a sequel should be. One that uses the previous game as a jumping-off point to explore bigger and better things, spreading silvery angelic wings and flying off into unexplored territory. It takes the gameplay from the first game, fast, fun, actiony shooting with plasmid abilities, only now the plasmids are called vigors, and applies it to a more adventurous toned game rather than horror-themed, adding in mechanics such as the skyhook and Elizabeth's tears, as well as gear which has different effects, and it all meshes together seamlessly to create some of the most fun and interesting shooter gameplay I've seen in a long time. The story is definitely up to Irrational's standard, exploring complex themes both in morality and in science, presenting both in equally interesting ways, and allowing the story to unfold organically. Elizabeth in particular deserves mention, as she was one of the most intriguing and organic characters I've ever interacted with in a game, though to be fair most of the other characters were just as good, it simply wasn't as noticeable because they got less screentime.

I believe I should also mention that this game is ludicrously thought-provoking. I finished it a few weeks ago and there are still bits of the story I'm working on figuring out.

The world is also incredibly immersive, partly because you never leave Booker's first-person perspective and partly because every aspect of it is so well-crafted, feeling very cohesive and real. It's almost impossible not to get sucked in.

The graphics are also absolutely beautiful, with some truly amazing views to be found.

The final boss battle is also one of the better I've seen, as it successfully tests all the skills you've learned to use thus far, which is exactly what a final battle is supposed to do. It's climactic, fun, difficult, and provides plenty of methods with which to attack the enemy, fitting whatever play style you prefer, and even adds an extra mechanic which works quite intuitively.

If I had to criticize this game, I would have to say that death doesn't hold a lot of weight, and that makes it a little hard to take threats seriously and get invested in combat. But this is a small nitpick compared to the sheer earth-shattering greatness of this game.

I wish I could go into more specifics, but this is a really spoilery game. Just suffice it to say that it's excellent, definitely worth buying.
  28. Jul 2, 2013
    Summary: 7/10, Good but not great. No spoilers review: My enjoyment of this game followed a straight line from 10/10 down to about a 3/10 by the end. The first hour or so should not be missed by any gamer. It's all downhill from there until gameplay is just a chore to endure to continue the story. There is also an unforgivable difficulty spike (yes, on easy) in the last portions. MusicSummary: 7/10, Good but not great. No spoilers review: My enjoyment of this game followed a straight line from 10/10 down to about a 3/10 by the end. The first hour or so should not be missed by any gamer. It's all downhill from there until gameplay is just a chore to endure to continue the story. There is also an unforgivable difficulty spike (yes, on easy) in the last portions. Music was excellent but the sound design had several extremely irritating elements and poor volume mixing that had me constantly muting. Visuals are mixed: most are excellent while others such as the characters are not up to par with recent games. The voice acting by the main characters was generally overshadowed by the lesser characters (Elizabeth being particularly bland--it's a bad sign when a non-talking mechanical bird is more interesting than a main character). My recommendation: play the first half, watch the rest on a video website for the story and visuals. Expand
  29. Jan 5, 2014
    Just beat this game today. Bioshock Infinite is a great game that ultimately falls short of the original. The story was good but i felt there were some plot holes that took away from the experience. However, overall the story had good pacing and was interesting. That said what bothered me the most was the tone of the game. The environments didn't have the same atmosphere the original had.Just beat this game today. Bioshock Infinite is a great game that ultimately falls short of the original. The story was good but i felt there were some plot holes that took away from the experience. However, overall the story had good pacing and was interesting. That said what bothered me the most was the tone of the game. The environments didn't have the same atmosphere the original had. The tension experienced in rapture was nonexistent. Events like obtaining the shotgun in the original Bioshock did not happen. Some enemies like the Handymen did not feel like an adequate replacement for their rapture counterparts. While the game looks amazing it lacks the creepiness and the immersion of the original. At times i felt like i was just running from one fight to the next whereas in the original i felt i was discovering a ruined city and piecing together what happened to it. There are audio diaries in Columbia and while there is some back story it lacked the mystery and sense of wonder that rapture had. Columbia is a beautiful city to look at but exploring it ultimately left me feeling the backstory wasn't quite as good. However, there are still plenty of reasons to play the game. Combat was great, controls were to easy to get used to and the new plasmids were really cool. While the story might not live up to the original it still had its great moments and cool environments. It might not quite reach the heights of the first Bioshock but i still highly recommend the game. Expand
  30. Jul 12, 2013
    OH MY WORD THE STORY. I loved the cinematic feel of this game, very much in the same vein as the original bioshock. The twist was one that left me reeling for days. The presentation was similarly fantastic. The only real issue that I had is that for some reason I felt that the gameplay felt like it was somewhat forced. Like the story, and the gameplay felt a bit dissonant, like it was aOH MY WORD THE STORY. I loved the cinematic feel of this game, very much in the same vein as the original bioshock. The twist was one that left me reeling for days. The presentation was similarly fantastic. The only real issue that I had is that for some reason I felt that the gameplay felt like it was somewhat forced. Like the story, and the gameplay felt a bit dissonant, like it was a movie with a shooter added in. However, regardless of this whining I cannot deny the story, setting, characters, style was just so amazing, definitely the best game I've played for quite some time. Expand
  31. Apr 17, 2013
    Here's the deal. Starts out incredibly slow, like want to throw myself off a bridge slow. Then about 1/3 of the way through it picks up and gets better. Is it the best game I ever played, no, its not even close to the best Bioshock game I've played, but it was entertaining and I did like the story. However the game mechanics leave a lot to be desired and it was WAYY to short. I feel like IHere's the deal. Starts out incredibly slow, like want to throw myself off a bridge slow. Then about 1/3 of the way through it picks up and gets better. Is it the best game I ever played, no, its not even close to the best Bioshock game I've played, but it was entertaining and I did like the story. However the game mechanics leave a lot to be desired and it was WAYY to short. I feel like I barely played it, they should have made it longer. I just think this game is getting good reviews because of the lack of quality games lately... but it doesn't deserve any lower then a 6. Expand
  32. Apr 17, 2013
    I loved the other Bioshocks, but this had a dissapointing feel. The ending was epic and amazing, but this game could have been so much better. There is alot of loopholes in the story (non ending wise), and it just doesn't make sense that not a single person you fight against uses the "plasmids" against you.

It is damn good, but it should no way win game of the year.
  33. Jun 13, 2013
    Since this will be the 823rd positive review, I won't write a book. Bioshock Infinite is an incredible video game. Your first playthrough will leave you breathless, and I'm not ashamed to say that I shed a tear when the city of Columbia first came into view. This game is about character moments and emotion, and is short of neither. Combat is underwhelming, and is obviously not the focus ofSince this will be the 823rd positive review, I won't write a book. Bioshock Infinite is an incredible video game. Your first playthrough will leave you breathless, and I'm not ashamed to say that I shed a tear when the city of Columbia first came into view. This game is about character moments and emotion, and is short of neither. Combat is underwhelming, and is obviously not the focus of the game. The weapons are not diverse, and Vigor abilities don't have nearly the visceral kick that Tonics had in Bioshock 1 and 2. This game makes the perfect case for video games as an art form, and if that were the only metric, this review would be 10/10. However, lack of variation and creativity in combat mechanics does leave a core gamer wanting more. That being said, you owe it to yourself to play this game at least once. It deserves every bit of the hype it's gotten. Expand
  34. Apr 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When reviewing a game with the Bioshock name it is important to take in to account the games that came before it. In no way does this game compare to the previous titles, but as a standalone game it is worth playing for the overall experience. However, I was not a fan of the majority of the new abilities, my favorite part of the story was the final sequences that were mainly story based with little action or excitement--visiting Rapture gave me memories of what some on Metacritic consider an "overated" game but the first Bioshock was revolutionary--not overated. In this podcaster's experience reviewing games Infinite was a good game but looking at the Critic Reviews, I feel it is overated. Listen to all my reviews on the show, Liquid Gamer Podcast http://waip.tripod.com Expand
  35. Jun 23, 2013
    So it came out, the game everyone was waiting for. But was it worth waiting for. I say yes, and no. The game is not deserving of its critical acclaim. The game when you get down to nuts and bolts is not amazing. Its good. The story didn't really even blow me away, but it was pretty well written. And the ending was just stupid and left more questions than answers. This games hype wasSo it came out, the game everyone was waiting for. But was it worth waiting for. I say yes, and no. The game is not deserving of its critical acclaim. The game when you get down to nuts and bolts is not amazing. Its good. The story didn't really even blow me away, but it was pretty well written. And the ending was just stupid and left more questions than answers. This games hype was through the roof, and I did not find it to build up to that hype. 1. It was much, much shorter than the first two Bioshocks 2. The ending... What? 3. Replay content is pretty low and I did replay it, and I can say it wasn't worth it 4. Defending the floating ship near the end was a pain 5. The confusing story, don't even get me started. But it did have its pros, I really liked how helpful Elizabeth when she gives you ammo and such. I also liked how they kept vigors, and the enemy types are varied which I liked. I also loved the steam-punk, cartoonish design they gave this game. I also loved the floating city and it how it wasn't linear the whole way through. The games beginning was great, but kinda had a "dip" after that where I lost interest (I did beat the game twice), I honestly think they should have kept the series in Rapture. I would recommend this game to anyone who liked the first two and who like confusing stories. Expand
  36. Feb 26, 2014
    Although the gameplay could be a little better, the story, design and atmosphere are so incredibly good, that after a while, you don't really care about all that things that gameplay lacks, bacause, let's be fair about it, there are better shooters. Still, on the other hand, Bioshock games never were just "shooters". Music fits perfectly and the voice acting is top-class. Journey throughAlthough the gameplay could be a little better, the story, design and atmosphere are so incredibly good, that after a while, you don't really care about all that things that gameplay lacks, bacause, let's be fair about it, there are better shooters. Still, on the other hand, Bioshock games never were just "shooters". Music fits perfectly and the voice acting is top-class. Journey through Columbia is not something you gonna forget and definitely not something you should miss. Expand
  37. Apr 13, 2014
    Anything i say about this game has already been said, with that in mind, this game IS **** FANTASTIC, story, art and characters are astonishing, the first game since Dead Space that has really managed to keep me interested and involved with the game's plot and lore, the only real negative things about BioShock Infinite is the fact that the game was spoiled for me and that its 2 short,Anything i say about this game has already been said, with that in mind, this game IS **** FANTASTIC, story, art and characters are astonishing, the first game since Dead Space that has really managed to keep me interested and involved with the game's plot and lore, the only real negative things about BioShock Infinite is the fact that the game was spoiled for me and that its 2 short, therefore not enough plot points are fleshed out, dlc hopefully will fix this problem, also it has some of the worst Boss fights ever put in a shooter, their very goddamn annoying, least theirs not much, and last of all they get rid of important features from the 1st BioShock, this being medpacks that u hold on 2, jeezzz they would have come in handy

WOuld U Kindly buy the **** game
  38. Dec 10, 2014
    Finally getting my grubby hands on the "third" installment to the Bioshock franchise, Infinite indefinitely, almost undeniably is yet another wonderful success of the "flawed utopia falling into utter chaos by almost romantic, religious idealisms" perspectives that worked so well for Bioshock but not so much for Bioshock 2. While some aspects of the gameplay are recycled, and othersFinally getting my grubby hands on the "third" installment to the Bioshock franchise, Infinite indefinitely, almost undeniably is yet another wonderful success of the "flawed utopia falling into utter chaos by almost romantic, religious idealisms" perspectives that worked so well for Bioshock but not so much for Bioshock 2. While some aspects of the gameplay are recycled, and others somewhat questionable, such as having shields and only being able to equip 2 weapons any time, Bioshock Infinite still nevertheless is a relic of gaming at it's most highest peaks. With a protagonist that can be cynical but isn't "everything is gray and dull, bleh" kind of personality, but of one with earnest introspection of the things around him apart from Jack Ryan's usually silent, dismissive perspective of everything. Maybe I will have a discussion about silent protagonists in detail, but having a silent protagonist for the sake of the player getting more into the game doesn't always intertwine neatly, as I felt more intertwined to Booker DeWitt moreso than Jack Ryan, because of his previous exploits and how my own choices could change the course of the future. Although perhaps the biggest complaint with this game is how the choices actually don't result in different endings, as the "Tear" and "Space-Time Continuum" concepts opened up a plethora of possibilities. Vigors and Salts essentially name-swap Plasmids and EVE, with only 8 particular 'vigors' to use, possibility simplified to make each one much more effective, which they are. As for weapons, you can fortunately scrounge for ammo for weapons you don't currently have, so if you pick up a new Carbine, it won't just have the clip that was currently in it. As for difficulty, well, it wasn't difficult at all at Normal. I didn't die once, and only came close to dying Twice, and dying is just as inconsequential as in Bioshock since Elizabeth, your companion throughout most of this game will revive you at the small cost of some money. As for Elizabeth, Elizabeth will go down as one of the most positive female role models in gaming history since that one woman from Beyond Good and Evil and more recently of Bayonetta, even despite her gaudy and energetic attitudes. Elizabeth will be extremely helpful and shows that a escort gameplay can actually work without frustrating the player, as Elizabeth will never be directly attacked by enemies (even though you would think so considering how important she is to Columbia), but often her giving of items to you also subverts alot of the difficulty already, as most grunts can be taken down with the Carbine, essentially the most effective weapon that I used throughout. Not to mention her giving of items can be exploited if you decide to "vend" items at a shop without buying anything, but nevertheless, her sponge like absorption of the environment and her dialogues with Booker are endearing and thought provoking, adding more to how alive and realized Columbia is, even considering that the culmination of Vigors doesn't play as much precedence as Plasmids did, since Vigors apparently don't have degenerative side effects even though they work exactly the same AS Plasmids. Also, the Lutece theory of being able to have Columbia float in the air is sort of rushed, as well as the inconsistencies with how Comstock was able to afford all the Masonry and technical work in order for the City to be realized. And while Comstock is a adverse foe in absolute religious indoctrination and racial stereotypes, he isn't as biting as Andrew Ryan, who was actually more human with his rise and fall. As for combat, it is fluid and more fulfilling than Rapture, as Rapture would have you occasionally kill a few splicers here and there, but because of Elizabeth's "deus ex machina" grabs of health, the shield system, and the fact that most grunts can be downed with headshots, the combat can get a little tedious unless you force to play with different weapons and vigors. Vaxophones work sort of like Audio Logs in the same vein, cut down a bit in quantity from Rapture, which would be the reason how certain elements of Columbia's rise are not mentioned. But what this game will definitely get big points for is the ending, as it is heart wrenching, thought provoking, and will be on your mind for quite a while. It still is for me. I never thought that a game from the surface would convince me to buy parts of the DLC without actually advertising it, but how much of a blast this game was, and the concept of "Tears" opens up a cornucopia of possibilities, I'm looking very forward into the future of this idea. This is a treasure to behold for many a year to come. Expand
  39. Aug 2, 2013
    Amazing game. A mind-bending story, dialogue and locations. Graphics are beautiful and stylized to match the surrealist wonder of the game's conceit. Action is fluid and engaging and the music is a clever game of Name That Tune that will make you want to stay for the end credits for the answers. Hours and hours of gameplay in your first run and you'll likely want to play it againAmazing game. A mind-bending story, dialogue and locations. Graphics are beautiful and stylized to match the surrealist wonder of the game's conceit. Action is fluid and engaging and the music is a clever game of Name That Tune that will make you want to stay for the end credits for the answers. Hours and hours of gameplay in your first run and you'll likely want to play it again immediately. Awards have rightfully been won, ignore the trolls. This game is solid gold. Easily the best of 2013 so far. Expand
  40. Apr 30, 2013
    I found Bioshock Infinite too be great. I loved the atmosphere of Columbia, I liked the visuals and its lighting buoyancy. I felt immersed. It is a beautiful setting but I wished for more missions in daylight Columbia. It just kept getting darker and darker as I progress through the game.
    Gameplay wise, it is good, although quite simple. It was a run and gun shooting game but I still liked the fights. The Sky rails are a good addition. The rails never felt unnecessary and I often use them to defeat enemies. Some people may be disappointed by the fact that you can only bring two guns at a time but I consider them as a way of balancing the game, especially when you are faced with various enemies. The vigors are never overpowering and quite fun too use though I wished for more variety. Enemies are varied enough but I wished that the other mini bosses would have more presence in the game. Elizabeth is a smart AI partner too. A player never has to babysit her, although there a few glitches with her like she would simply be stuck in a wall.

For the plot, I appreciate how Irrational gives a setting that is not common in games but I found the game having too large a scope in the story. The plot never really focused much on Columbia. The plot never really touched on the city's issues like racism, revolution, religious and patriotic extremism. The city and these themes only felt like a backdrop for the game. The plot focuses much on the main characters but forgets Columbia. The plot's ending was the only really interesting part of the story. The story in the middle part felt unnecessary, especially at Fink's factory portion. Nonetheless, the ending was shocking and memorable. However, I think that the ending was not original because I believe there are other sci-fi stories with similar alternating timelines or dimensions kind of story having similar twists.

To sum it all up, the game is just simply wonderful despite some flaws and I recommend this game to everyone.
  41. Apr 14, 2013
    To begin, these are merely opinions and while my opinion will surely differ from other folks, I would like to submit that I completely enjoyed Infinite (having re-played Bioshock 1 & 2 in an effort to set the mood before jumping into Infinite). I cannot point out anything I was unhappy with except that it had to come to an end sometime. Each person will walk away from this game withTo begin, these are merely opinions and while my opinion will surely differ from other folks, I would like to submit that I completely enjoyed Infinite (having re-played Bioshock 1 & 2 in an effort to set the mood before jumping into Infinite). I cannot point out anything I was unhappy with except that it had to come to an end sometime. Each person will walk away from this game with various opinions but it's easy to see from the scores (currently at the time of this comment, 549 Positive vs. 54 Negative) that some folks were perplexed by the subtle innuendos and noxious sarcasm of the story line but that only adds to the experience. Looking back on this, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, God of War, Dishonored and a few others…it’s shaping up to be a great year for games. Expand
  42. Apr 4, 2013
    One of the greatest games of our generation. The ending made me just restart the game straight away. Also the connection with Booker and Elizabeth was just phenoenal. Such a great comeback after a shaky sequel Bioshock 2 I would recomend this game to anyone.
  43. Nov 18, 2013
    A good game that i feel is lives up to the Bioshock name, the scenery and storyline are the best parts of the game and are what make it worthwhile playing. The combat on the other hand is nothing special, with less variety than previous Bioshock games it was a bit of a disappointment. Overall though it is well worth playing
  44. Apr 21, 2013
    (SORRY FOR LANGUAGE) I just don't get how GOOD is BioShock Infinite. First of all, I wouldn't give the game 10 out of 10. A 9.5 would be excellent. About the game, the story is one of the most epic, tragic and dramatic I've ever seen and experienced. It never got down but some of the gameplay mechanics turned it kinda tedious. The only problems of the game were that at the nearly end the(SORRY FOR LANGUAGE) I just don't get how GOOD is BioShock Infinite. First of all, I wouldn't give the game 10 out of 10. A 9.5 would be excellent. About the game, the story is one of the most epic, tragic and dramatic I've ever seen and experienced. It never got down but some of the gameplay mechanics turned it kinda tedious. The only problems of the game were that at the nearly end the gameplay was turning repetitive, and that was a bit disappointing. Great visuals and you may have fun hearing covers from famous songs of all time and some references to many movies and TV shows. Also, Elizabeth is one of the best video game characters ever. Her personality, although not the coolest, it will convince you. But her relationship with Booker can become sometimes cold and weird.
    I don't know how does the PC version of the game runs, but this one sometimes has a lower FPS and textures that remind me the Nintendo 64.
    Overall, BioShock Infinite is a video game that puts the industry near from a new form of art, instead of a money-machine.
  45. Apr 22, 2013
    This is an excellent swan song for the 360. This beautiful well made game has been the beautiful story driven game I've been waiting (way too long) for. The use of weapons and plasmids, sorry vigors is just as fun and flexible as in the Rapture based games. It took everything we loved from the first game and transplanted them into this new venue. Now I don't feel that it surpassed theThis is an excellent swan song for the 360. This beautiful well made game has been the beautiful story driven game I've been waiting (way too long) for. The use of weapons and plasmids, sorry vigors is just as fun and flexible as in the Rapture based games. It took everything we loved from the first game and transplanted them into this new venue. Now I don't feel that it surpassed the original (except in graphics) It did a great job with gameplay and storytelling but I don't think it really kicked it up a notch. Thats not a complaint, keeping the franchise on par with the original is a huge job which they did well. The addition of the skyhook was fun, allowing you to travel quickly above and below enemies giving fights more depth. The best addition is hands down Elizabeth. Having a companion who not only didn't need babysitting but actually helped YOU out during fights is an awesome feat which many games struggle with. It more than the new locale is what really made this feel like it was worth the wait. The only quibble I was left with was the fact that the story while interesting did not draw me in like Rapture did the first time. I know that judging it by its predecessor is not totally fair but it is what I kept thinking. And yes there is a twist at the end which I did not see coming and I was tying my brain in knots trying to predict what it would be. Bottom line is definitely buy it. It is a fun game with an engaging story, even if it did not surpass my high expectations it was still very good. Expand
  46. Apr 8, 2013

I was surprised to be excited for Bioshock Infinite. When the original Bioshock came out in 2007 it had universal praise, I bought the game day one and hated it. I was one of the few people who didn’t think it was a work of genius. I liked the story, the world and the graphics just the gameplay didn't connect with me. Fast forward to mid 2010 and against my better judgement I picked up Bioshock 2. I instantly loved it. I don’t know if it was the refinements like the plasmid/weapon combo or if the overall game felt better but I really enjoyed it. Finally in 2012 I replayed the original Bioshock, I finally saw the great game that had eluded me for five years.

Story: This is where this series shines. A sort of prequel to Bioshock 1 and 2, the premise of Infinite takes place in a floating city called Columbia in 1912. Columbia is the antithesis of Rapture, it’s bright and open and instead of being created to escape political and religious persecution it was designed to be like “Eden” from the bible. The ruler of Columbia is “The Prophet” Zachary Comstock, he rules with an iron fist and preaches all kinds of religious nonsense.

The main character Booker has been tasked with going to Columbia and getting a girl named Elizabeth out. He is promised this will wipe away gambling debts he has been accruing.
    Elizabeth is really the star of the game, she is a mysterious girl who can open “tears” which are essential doorways into other dimensions. She is with you most of the game and is never a burden, she picks locks for Booker and during combat with give ammo and health. This was an issue for be because it made the game easy and there is almost no penalty for dying. Playing through the game and learning more about her was interesting.

It’s very hard to talk about the narrative without giving spoilers, I’ll just say that the ending is one of the best endings I have seen in entertainment, not games, entertainment. People will be talking about this end for years to come.

Gameplay: The gameplay will be familiar to fans of Bioshock 2. There are now vigors instead of Plasmids, they work very similarly with a new option, if the user holds down the vigors button you can create a trap with them. In bigger fights this can be a real life saver. It will also be essential when playing on the harder difficulty.

The shooting mechanic is still great, Not the best but good. One beef I have with the shooting is that the aiming down the sights is handled by a click of R3, I have never found this intuitive in games and it leads me to shoot wildly as opposed to aiming. I feel that the shooting of the game would benefit from a different control setup. Also new is the sky lines, Booker has a special tool on his arm (That makes some memorable and gruesome melee kills) that can hook onto Columbia’s sky line system. The sky lines are an integral part of a lot of major set piece fights. Using the sky lines allows a lot of variety in the fighting. There is also combat options while using the lines, you can shoot and if you time it right can do a jumping melee that is a very powerful attack.

Bioshock Infinite has done away with health packs and instead uses a shield system that is very similar to the Halo series. Throughout the game the player can find bottles to increase their health, vigor or shields. That's not all to find in Columbia, searching every nook and cranny will yield money, items and voxophones. Voxophones are the audio logs to find in the game, they are interesting to listen to and shed some extra light on the world and story.

I did have a few issues with the game, in many ways it felt stripped down to me, there was no camera to gain advantages on enemies and the variety and number of enemies wasn't enough. I never found fighting the people in Columbia to be as memorable as fighting the unpredictable splicers from the previous games. Guns and Vigors are upgradable but the upgrade system just didn't have the impact on me, the guns look the same, even when upgraded they don’t receive any visual distinctions. Only two guns can be carried at any time now ala Halo. Overall I just felt more constricted in this game compared to previous entries in the series.

Graphics: Columbia is designed beautifully, the landscapes are colourful and world feels alive. Graphically speaking this could not be further from Rapture, and that's a great thing.The art design is unique without being eccentric. Some of the vigor animations look really great. The actual quality of the graphics is a bit of a mixed bag, some animations look a little stiff and the people in the game are certainly not the best I have seen.

Overall: I am happy to say that Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game, it uses clever storytelling and a compelling world to hook players in and make them enjoy the journey. Save for a few minor nitpicks with the game play I can honestly say this has been my favourite game of 2013.

47. May 21, 2013
    A lot of thought and hard work really went into this one. The music, gameplay, AI, and story are very meticulously crafted to the point where it flows almost seamlessly. The game even does the unthinkable and makes a reality-warp based story fairly sensical and without too many plotholes. At its heart, its an FPS sure... but it stands above and beyond the rest. In terms of fun, I'm notA lot of thought and hard work really went into this one. The music, gameplay, AI, and story are very meticulously crafted to the point where it flows almost seamlessly. The game even does the unthinkable and makes a reality-warp based story fairly sensical and without too many plotholes. At its heart, its an FPS sure... but it stands above and beyond the rest. In terms of fun, I'm not sure it deserves a 10/10 from me as I like strategy games and horror games a bit more.

The gameplay is a lot better than most people give it credit for but the difficulty gaps between heavy enemies and regular enemies is a bit jarring. Plus it gets very repetitive, enter room kill hostile wave, prepare for next hostile wave. It makes for some parts of the game feeling like a chore to complete.

But the story is unbelievable and like nothing I've seen so I can't give this game anything less than a 9.
  48. Jun 8, 2013
    All I need to say is, as of this writing, 805 users think this is a great game. I concur, and there's a near 90% chance you will to... if the user ratings are any judge.

In all honesty, this is one of the most visually stunning games to grace the Xbox 360. Audio is superb with a soundtrack so beautiful that it's been playing on my iTunes on repeat for the past few months now. Voice acting is equally excellent, though I am NOT listening to it on iTunes... Gameplay is what you've come to expect from Bioshock although you're only able to carry 2 weapons at a time and have 2 abilities mapped at a time which takes a little of the OP feel that I enjoyed from the first Bioshock away from the game when you get toward then end. This winds up being irrelevant however, mostly because of how outstanding every other aspect of this game is. Simply put, stop reading my review and go play this game if you haven't already... and play it again if you have. Bring them the girl... wipe away the debt!
  49. Apr 4, 2013
    From the moment I heard about this game I was excited. I played the game ...I was excited. I beat the game...I was excited. I came on metacritic to write a review about the game...I was excited. This game is one of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay is excellent. Story is fantastic. Most definitely the best game of 2013...so far.....
  50. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward with innovations in both storytelling and gameplay. It trips over itself in a couple of spots, but not in any way that should keep you from embracing it with your utmost enthusiasm. Expand
  51. Jul 16, 2013
    I finished the game and my mind was blown according to all the comments and reviews I had read. The story is a perfect "10". You rarely see such a concept so well realised and thouroughly thought of. What it does that exceeds the movies that accomplish that too is that as a game, BioShock Infinite has a consistent theme. The Infinite as it is depicted even in it's gameplay. It's fitting.I finished the game and my mind was blown according to all the comments and reviews I had read. The story is a perfect "10". You rarely see such a concept so well realised and thouroughly thought of. What it does that exceeds the movies that accomplish that too is that as a game, BioShock Infinite has a consistent theme. The Infinite as it is depicted even in it's gameplay. It's fitting.

Its gameplay is well balanced and the exploration is great thanks to the immersive world that Columbia is. The graphics engine is old and that is the biggest problem with the game as it has overstayed its welcome. If it was built on a new engine it could easily (through its beautiful art) grab the perfect score and be a contender for the "game of this gen". It still is, but it still bothers me that it's not technically proficient. It's well built and has no problems and rare framedrops.

All in all, it's one of the best stories ever conceived for a video game has some great plot twists and the way that the story gives away the info that hold it together is perfect. It's a better game than its predecessors and although it doesn't have the same impact with its atmosphere, it does a great job at what it aims to do. Give you an experience you won't forget.
  52. Apr 26, 2013
    Games have gone a far way since the early days. storytelling is more effective and having the ability to be very interested in characters have made for some very strong games. Bioshock infinite however blows any other game out of the water. With it's beauty it's hard not to be moved, especially during the first sequence. The characters are extremely interesting. Elizabeth, A 17 year oldGames have gone a far way since the early days. storytelling is more effective and having the ability to be very interested in characters have made for some very strong games. Bioshock infinite however blows any other game out of the water. With it's beauty it's hard not to be moved, especially during the first sequence. The characters are extremely interesting. Elizabeth, A 17 year old girl that happens to have the ability too open tears which are basically trans-dimensional portals, is the star of the game with an interesting back story. Then you yourself play as Booker Dewitt off to repay your dept by going to the floating city of Columbia to retrieve Elizabeth. The game makes it simple "Give us the girl and wipe away the dept". Though there is one thing that just gets me angry. The fact that at times the game play got in the way of storytelling with enemies being "MASSIVE BULLET SPONGES". People have complained that the vigors are just sort of there when plasmids from Bioshock 1 represented the fall of rapture and had a perfect mixture of fitting them into game play and story. In Bioshock infinite there is a audio log that you can find explaining their existence but i won't spoil it. So at the end of the day Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game but sometimes the actually game parts can get in the way of story Expand
  53. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can you say about bishock infinite? well its the most immersive game I've played in a long time. it's awe inspiring visuals are just beautiful, Elizabeth and Booker Dewitt are very well detailed and fleshed out characters, as are comstock and nearly all other characters, the vigors are interesting and the combat is satisfying. it even has a nice reference to rapture in the ending. Expand
  54. Mar 1, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite was stuck in development for a long time, but it is finally hear and it is worth the wait. Infinite tells the story of Booker Dewitt and his journey through Columbia. He meets Elizabeth on his journey, a mysterious young women who has many secrets about her. The story is one of the best in all of video games and gets better the more you think about it. It might lullBioshock Infinite was stuck in development for a long time, but it is finally hear and it is worth the wait. Infinite tells the story of Booker Dewitt and his journey through Columbia. He meets Elizabeth on his journey, a mysterious young women who has many secrets about her. The story is one of the best in all of video games and gets better the more you think about it. It might lull towards the middle of the game but the ending of the game will be engraved into my memory and makes an already fantastic game even better. The shooting is also great, it is more fast-paced and more of a shooter than the original. The Vigors feel a bit forced and seem like they are just introduced to have a connection to the original. The graphics are not outstanding technically, but its style is outstanding, showing the bright and wondrous city of Colombia. The music is also great adding to the outstanding style of the game. Bioshock Infinite is on the same level as the original Bioshock, story wise and game play wise. It is one of my favorite games of this generation and of all time. Expand
  55. Apr 8, 2013
    The game is a blast.
    Nothing new on mechanics but works well through all the game. Gorgeous scenarios and OST.
    The story starts in one direction and twist to twist plays with your head, making the game to gain intensity and proposing perspectives that actual games doesn't use to. It's a little suspicious that all specialized media give the game a 10/10 when usually they just play the
    The game is a blast.
    It's a little suspicious that all specialized media give the game a 10/10 when usually they just play the game for a few hours at best.
    For me, a really good game and one of the bests FPS I've played in a long time.
  56. Aug 12, 2013
    What a fantastic game. Honestly, BioShocks 1 and 2 weren't at the top of my games list, but this one just blew it all out of the park for me. I loved everything about this game. The gameplay, the characters, the setting, the story. My only honest complaint about this game is that the story can be a bit incoherent or confusing at times if you don't take the time to listen to all of theWhat a fantastic game. Honestly, BioShocks 1 and 2 weren't at the top of my games list, but this one just blew it all out of the park for me. I loved everything about this game. The gameplay, the characters, the setting, the story. My only honest complaint about this game is that the story can be a bit incoherent or confusing at times if you don't take the time to listen to all of the 'voxophones' you come across in the game. Other than that, the weapons and vigors are fun as hell to use, and I had more fun playing this game than I have with any other game in years. Definitely give this game a go if you're a FPS fan or you like deep, complex stories with great characters. Expand
  57. Aug 15, 2013
    This game was fun to play though, though I feel the combat is a little lacking. Still though, I loved it and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a story to dive into.
  58. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've never been a huge fan of FPS games. They all seemed generic, following the same military style of story and gameplay. However, all my preconceptions about FPS games were destroyed by the original Bioshock, a game that seemed to show the potential of the genre. I didn't think any FPS game could surpass the brilliance of Bioshock. As you might have guessed, I was proved wrong. Bioshock Infinite not only surpasses the original Bioshock, it is also one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Like the original, Bioshock Infinite is set in a very unique and bizarre world. The floating city of Columbia is, dare I say it, even cooler to explore than the underwater city of Rapture before it. Part of Columbia's charm comes from the art direction, which is amazing. Every building and detail of the city seems to bask in the sun's light, and everything has a beautiful glow to it. Granted, there's a lack of textures, however it doesn't even matter that much (I've heard this isn't an issue with the PC version). Columbia is just amazing to look at.

The gameplay in Bioshock Infinite is very familiar, but also very refined. You still have guns and Vigors (which are essentially Plasmids) which is all standard Bioshock affair. However, the Vigors in this game are far more satisfying to use than the Plasmids. Nothing is quite as cool as using the Bucking Bronco Vigor to launch enemies in the air, only then to send a Murder of Crows at them. There are 2 cools new additions to combat. First is the skyline, which can be used to zip around and attack enemies from various positions. The second is Elizabeth, who can open tears and bring in ammo, turrets, and other useful assets during combat. The only gripe I have with the combat in this game is that you can only hold 2 guns at a time, which is a shame.

You can't do a review of Bioshock Infinite without mentioning Elizabeth. Everything about her is just awesome. For one thing, you never have to worry about her, as she takes care of herself during combat. She also helps you by tossing you ammo, money, salts, and health packs. Her dialogue, voice acting, and character emotions all contribute to make her believable, interesting, and vital to the game's core experience. She's also very crucial to the plot.

The story here is amazing, plain and simple. It starts off pretty basic, "Bring us the girl, repay the debt". However, as the game progresses, the narrative evolves into something very fascinating and foreign, but at the same time very familiar. The most notable moment of this game is the ending, which is, simply put, one of the best endings to any video game you'll ever play. It not only reconstructs the entire narrative of Bioshock Infinite, it also completely reinvents how you viewed the original Bioshock. The ending alone makes this game masterful.

Simply put, this game is a masterpiece. Do yourself a favor and just play it. I honestly didn't think it would be this good, but I was proved wrong. It's an understatement to say this is just one of the best games of 2013. Bioshock Infinite is, without a doubt, one of the absolute best games of this generation.

9.7/10
  59. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is amazing. I know that is like a broken record but MAN it really is incredible. The story. Characters. Gameplay even though the guns kinda look the same from one and other, that part didn't really bother me. Vigors. Columbia. Oh my GOD Columbia. This city is beautiful, it engages you to explore it, and the light effects are great in the city. Simply put is Awesome. And don'tThis game is amazing. I know that is like a broken record but MAN it really is incredible. The story. Characters. Gameplay even though the guns kinda look the same from one and other, that part didn't really bother me. Vigors. Columbia. Oh my GOD Columbia. This city is beautiful, it engages you to explore it, and the light effects are great in the city. Simply put is Awesome. And don't think the ending sucks because it makes you think, like a great sci-fi movie should do. Blade Runner, Inception, and others to name a few as inspiration for this game. So if you like sci-fi, steam punk, thought provoking story and ending, and great characters and fun gameplay than go BUY THIS GAME!

*THUMBS UP! d(>w
  60. Apr 16, 2013
    Brilliant storytelling, i was stunned by the final, that kind of writing needed to really understand the whole picture by being engaged at all moments. Anyway the lack of a plus story mode was a mistake.
  61. May 23, 2013
    Its a worthy successor to the original. The story can get too much at the end, but overall it's really enjoyable. The gameplay is very satisfying, I mean I never felt so good blowing someone's head off, however unlike Bioshock 1, it doesn't tie end with the story, it's just there. With that said though, everything else is enjoyable. The characters are lovable and the story is fresh. IIts a worthy successor to the original. The story can get too much at the end, but overall it's really enjoyable. The gameplay is very satisfying, I mean I never felt so good blowing someone's head off, however unlike Bioshock 1, it doesn't tie end with the story, it's just there. With that said though, everything else is enjoyable. The characters are lovable and the story is fresh. I would highly recommend you play this game. Expand
  62. Jun 15, 2013
    There is seriously nothing I can think of that takes away from this game. From the ride up to Columbia, to the moment when everything finally clicks during the final cutscene, it was a blast to play and I had a lot of fun during my playthrough.
  63. May 22, 2014
    I like the settings, the story and the gameplay in general. It is a solid game with unique perks. For me, Bioshock is a franchise I will always play but never will consider it as a perfect game or 10/10 game. While I enjoyed the game for most of time, I never found the story is that special as someone claimed, and I always need to push myself a little bit to finish the game since the gameI like the settings, the story and the gameplay in general. It is a solid game with unique perks. For me, Bioshock is a franchise I will always play but never will consider it as a perfect game or 10/10 game. While I enjoyed the game for most of time, I never found the story is that special as someone claimed, and I always need to push myself a little bit to finish the game since the game bored me here and there. Expand
  64. Jul 13, 2013
    Wow. Unbelievable. I got my hands on this game through a friend and never would have imagined having so much appreciation for it in the end. Personally, I have been losing interest in gaming in the last couple of years, but Bioshock Infinite has, without a doubt, prolonged the day in which I decide to give up on video games. This had a fantastic story; a story I didn't think a video gameWow. Unbelievable. I got my hands on this game through a friend and never would have imagined having so much appreciation for it in the end. Personally, I have been losing interest in gaming in the last couple of years, but Bioshock Infinite has, without a doubt, prolonged the day in which I decide to give up on video games. This had a fantastic story; a story I didn't think a video game was capable of telling. It played as if a science fiction novel, done by H.G. Wells or Jules Verne. The characters were fantastic. And you couldn't help but admire Elizabeth her character felt like Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2. Finally, I couldn't have given it a 10 without the ending. Bravo. It literally made me jump up from my seat and run around the room in shock. I love when a game does that to me. And I love it when a game is so complex that it allows me to replay it and see all the puzzle pieces coming together in my head. The first Bioshock allowed me to do that, and so did Infinite. This will definitely go down as one of my favorites. Expand
  65. Apr 25, 2013
    What has been said has been said already, the only thing that I can say is that when you upgrade your weapons you don't really see it and the clothing perk system is a bit lacking, other than that its an amazing game.
  66. Apr 25, 2013
    Amazing game, story completely blew me away! Also, I could spend all day riding the skylines, similar to swinging all over the city in spiderman 2. Once you replay the game a second time (which I recommend you do), your eyes open up to everything that you dismissed in the first play-through. I won't reveal anything, but I definitely missed a lot of little details that hinted at the storyAmazing game, story completely blew me away! Also, I could spend all day riding the skylines, similar to swinging all over the city in spiderman 2. Once you replay the game a second time (which I recommend you do), your eyes open up to everything that you dismissed in the first play-through. I won't reveal anything, but I definitely missed a lot of little details that hinted at the story progression Expand
  67. Apr 13, 2013
    Columbia where dreams are made and destroyed. Political Turmoil plagues our world of Columbia and one mans search for a girl eventually turns into a quest to defeat a tyrant. Bioshock Infinite blew me away as soon as the opening scene of Columbia is revealed. I'll start off with the Visuals, Graphics were pretty well done nothing groundbreaking as Crysis but nonetheless the iconicColumbia where dreams are made and destroyed. Political Turmoil plagues our world of Columbia and one mans search for a girl eventually turns into a quest to defeat a tyrant. Bioshock Infinite blew me away as soon as the opening scene of Columbia is revealed. I'll start off with the Visuals, Graphics were pretty well done nothing groundbreaking as Crysis but nonetheless the iconic monuments, areas and enemies make this game look beautiful, Booker Dewitt is a great protagonist fearless and wont stop till Elizabeth is safe. Gameplay wise if you have played the previous Bioshock games you'll feel right at home switching between vigors and and weapon is done by a selection wheel, combat is fluid and done well even though AI is not the smartest its quite satisfying striking a guard with a Skyhook to the face. The story is what makes this game so amazing you think you know what to expect but in the end you just don't. Bioshock Infinite is a game everyone should play this year and if you have not please do yourself a favor and go down to the nearest game shop and purchase it you will not be let down. Expand
  68. Apr 3, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has been on my radar ever since it was announced. Now that it's out I can now say, it's one of the best I've ever played along with the first Bioshock and The Mass Effect series. It adds so much diversity in the gameplay and the story is incredibly intriguing. Once I finished the game, I wanted to play it again. And you will want to too.
  69. Apr 4, 2013
    BioShock. If you’ve played the series, you know the feeling you get when you hear the name.

We all grew to love the underwater city of Rapture, splicers, little sisters and big daddys through the first two parts of this epic series. With Infinite, we are given a completely new setting and story. BioShock Infinite is set in 1912 during the growth of American exceptionalism, the game’s

BioShock Infinite is set in 1912 during the growth of American exceptionalism, the game’s protagonist, former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, is sent to the floating air-city of Columbia to find a young woman, Elizabeth, who has been held captive there for most of her life.

You are pursued by the city’s warring factions; the nativist and elite Founders that strive to keep the city for pure Americans, and the Vox Populi, a rebel grouping representing the common people. There is quite a hint of racism in this imaginary place they call Columbia. The way they handled religion, certain beliefs and old school values couldn’t have been handled in a better way.

This game is totally in the running for Game of the Year. It takes a lot in a game to make me feel the way Infinite did upon completion. I was sad to see it end, but glad to find out the ending and have everything make sense.

You’ll be scratching your head for a while when this one ends, but don’t worry. Let it stew for a little bit and it’ll finally click.

A quote from our community talking about possible titles for Game of the Year:

“Do those games let you speed around on air rails while jumping off to execute somebody after you possessed a giant mechanical George Washington looking mother F’r wielding a chain gun and mowing down enemies that you stunned with a murder of crows?”

‘Nuff said.
  70. Apr 4, 2013
    Amazing game, on console sometime it can be foggy, but its due to the huge environments. It doesnt take away from game though, such a unique setting, you want to just take your time and actually stop and look at your surroundings. Love the skyhook too, like a rollercoatser with a gun. GOTY candidate.
  71. Apr 12, 2013
    Graphics are not very good and the game play is weak. Overall, I feel this game is nothing but a hyped-up first person shooter sprinkled with some semi- interesting special abilities.
  72. Apr 5, 2013
    General Fanboy Distaste
    General Fanboy Distaste
    Bioshock Infinite is a good game in and of itself. But sadly is has nothing in common with the Bioshock series/franchise, except for a single cutscene. 2K could have independently released this game with a different and cut out that singular cutscene. But it seems they rather use a already thriving name to produce greater sales. I honestly do love the other two in the series though but this one seemed like a cash in.

There are no horror aspects, creepy at the slightest, and definitely no "survival" aspects like the others in the series. Ammo and Health items are thrown at you like a Lays Truck that left its hatch open. Just loads and loads of crap flying at you down the freeway. The enemies pose little to no challenge at all, save for the Mechanical Patriots and Handymen. But those enemies are just as easily handled once you get a Usage Deduction Upgrade on your Possession Vigor.

Oh and yes the Vigors a half arsed drunken wink from across the bar. The Vigors are a rehash of your old favorite Bioshock Plasmids, but they couldn't be bothered to name them what they are.

Gameplay
    There are quite a few guns, all fill their own little niche. But you can only carry two at any given time! Here is a tip, if you don't care about achievements or trophies then only carry the Carbine and the Volley Gun. Everything else is equally balanced. Other than this small problem the gameplay is fine.

Vigors are powerful and all equally useful. I found my self only stagnant on one Vigor, Possession. This Vigor allows you to possess machines (and later people), making them give you money or fight for you. But this took out the need for hacking, so no mini game for hacking (which I didn't notice until just now).

Story And Characters
    The characters are attractive and appealing. Booker has such a tortured past as well as Elizabeth. I can't help but love them. And when I was playing I constantly found myself saying, "I hope neither them die, they're so likeable". And that is what is the biggest problem for me in games, finding a character I "want" to keep alive.

There is so much story going on at one point my mind wanted to explode. But once I figured it out (through the help of recordings) I loved it. But sadly the story is mystery like and once you know the twist it makes any subsequent playthroughs equivalent to spamming buttons to skip cutscenes. The only fathomable reason I can imagine playing this again is to entertain friends who aren't good at shooters or don't like playing video games.

Graphics
    The graphics are beautiful, and the art style of some choice enemies are very Bioshock. Everything is bright and colorful, its like I tripped face first and got a Kaleidoscope lodged in my eye. The graphics of the large scale points of interest are beautiful and detailed to great extent.

But alot of the smaller things that you see more frequently were ignored to make big objects look better. Such as roses on a bush, if you walk past one you can see edges and the backside, they're 2D and flat. Like I cut them out myself and pasted them to the bush!

Sound
    I never noticed much out of the ordinary. Nothing annoying, other than Songbird's screeching. The voice acting is top notch. I stop everything I'm doing when the characters are talking, so I can give them my undivided attention. Booker De Witt is got the best possible voice actor for him, I can't imagine a single other person who could do better. And the same goes for the rest of the cast.

Controversy
    This game is RASCIST, but it can't help it, its 1912 kid. The game's setting is in a alternate 1912, on a floating city called Columbia. The man in charge hated Abraham Lincoln and his emancipation. The people of Columbia even worship John Wilkes Booth to some extent, for killing President Lincoln. So of course Black Men, Women, and Children are still slaves or at the least hard laborers with little pay. So if you have a weak stomach for words like "Colored" and other stereotypes you might want to avoid playing. (Note: Its not just blacks that are portrayed negatively, Jews, Chinese, Native Americans, Mexicans, Irish, and anyone who isn't American Caucasian.)

Overall Opinion
    Despite the negativity, Infinite (I refuse to call it Bioshock), is a pretty good game. Another great in a genre that is beginning to run dry (Single Player Games). But if it wasn't for the numerous raving reviews I wouldn't have bought it at full price.
  73. Apr 5, 2013
    This game in one word: Unbelieveable!! From my ascension into Columbia to the epic final battle at the end, this game had me gripped. I played the game in 2-3 hour sessions as i didnt want to spoil it and get to the end too quickly. The music along with the overall story made my hair stand on end at certain points. Upon my completion of the game i was left thirsty for more and immediatelyThis game in one word: Unbelieveable!! From my ascension into Columbia to the epic final battle at the end, this game had me gripped. I played the game in 2-3 hour sessions as i didnt want to spoil it and get to the end too quickly. The music along with the overall story made my hair stand on end at certain points. Upon my completion of the game i was left thirsty for more and immediately started the story again. This game is a must buy, trust me you wont be disappointed. Expand
  74. Apr 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the most anticipated games in recent memory. With its sky bound setting, revolutionary ai and the legacy with the origianal bioshock, it's sure to be one of the most compelling games to play this generation. Don't worry it is!

The story follows a troubled Pinkerton named Booker DeWitt, who must travel to the floating city of Columbia to repay a debt. The only way to repay this debt is to rescue a girl named Elizabeth. From rescuing her, from the tower, the journey to reach Bookers and Elizabeth's final desired destination takes along time and many turns along the way! The story is incredible, at one moment the story reaches its peak with a hidden easter egg! Another reason the story is so good is because of Elizabeth. When you are accompanied by Elizabeth you care about her and more importantly what combat advantages she gives you. At the end of the whole story you will sit back and admire what a well crafted plot this is, and appreciate that you will probably have to wait a long time to play a story like this again.

With all the hype on the story, the combat can get over looked. Many people assume that it's easy to have a precise and fun combat system, however Bioshock Infinite has all of these and more. What makes bioshock unique is the vigors! Throughout the game you collect a maximum of 8, which all assist you in combat. When using these my favoured vigors were the death of crows, and possession (these helped the most). Although the vigors are a big part of the combat system Bioshock Infinite is a FPS, so it's good to know that each of the 8 guns feel very precise and unique. The only disappointment in the combat would be he fact that you can only carry two guns at one time. This limits the variety in combat and is frustraiting when you are in need of a gun you dropped earlier. The best gun (I feel) in the game is the shotgun, it dispatches enemies the quickest and also gives you the best experience. Another addition to Infinate is the skyline. The skyline is a transportation method, which not only gets you from a to b, but assists you in combat. It's amazing to be flying round on the skyline, then jump down on a un expecting enemy to ram the skyhook in his face.

The floating city of colmbia is a unique place to set a video game, with stunning graphics and incredible detail. The first hour of the game is spent walking around listening convosations and playing mini games in the fair. This is probably the best level in the whole game! The textures can feel bad at times on the consoles, but this is not a problem on the pc. If the floating city and the superb combat wasn't enough to make a great game, then the voxophones are are. Voxophones are collectibles which add backstory to the game and also make the levels and enemies feel more meaningful when you know what there doing and why there doing it. For example comstock, we know early on that he's racist because of the voxophones. Eighty of them are scattered throughout the game!

The world of bioshock infinite is amazing. With a brilliant plot, superb characters (especially Elizabeth) and one of the best imaginitve worlds ever created; Bioshock infinite shouldn't be missed by anyone! The only issue I have is that you can't carry more than two guns at one time, however that's a small complaint. Bioshock Infinite is amazing, pick it up now, you won't be disappointed.

Story 10
    Gameplay 9
    Setting 10
    Score 10
  75. Apr 5, 2013
    I like this game. You can shoot stuff and use these things called vigors to really mess up your enemies. But the best part about this game? Elizabeth. She may not make you a sandwich, but she'll give you things depending on the situation. She may toss you health, mana, coins or more ammo. She's awesome!
  76. Apr 5, 2013
    This is the future of gaming as a respect for of entertainment and as art. I have never been sucked into a game like I was for this game. Truly a masterpiece.
  77. Apr 7, 2013
    (If its too long for your taste, I round it all up it the last paragraph, use ctrl+f and type ~~)

~Lets clear something up right off the bat, what will make this game either a 8 or a 10 for you is your ability to follow complex ideas, because to truly enjoy the story at its fullest, you can not be lacking in brain power. That being said, we can talk about the game play, which is pretty darn near flawless. The shooting and Vigor's work much like they did in Bioshock 2, though obviously the gun load-out is more robust and aiming down sights has been added, and there are less vigors than there were plasmids. Switching between weapons and vigors is a breeze, as long as you don't begin button mashing. You've also been given a regenerative shield, like the one in Halo: CE (separate from health, which goes down when your shield is down) and this allows for much more active combat and more combatants at once. The one thing I will knock the game play for though is the Auto save feature, which replaces straight up saves, like the ones seen in the original Bioshock. That though alone is not enough to ruin anyone's experience, unless they have anger issues and cant play 2 minutes back from where they left off, if they shut off before they earned another one.
    ~Then You have the atmosphere, which completely captures the feel of the American society during the beginning of the Progressive era. If I were to sit here and list them all in paragraph form, it'd be quite a novella. Anyone who has ever taken AP US History, or just knows there American history, will pick up on this. Trust me, they got it right. Columbia's bright atmosphere on the outside evolves perfectly with the story, and the floating city's turn of the century charm is a refreshing for the recently generic modern warfare settings we've had in shooters recently. (not to knock those games, the story mode is not the main focus of those games anyways) Elizabeth is the best sidekick I've had in a game, she talks to Booker constantly (while not being annoying) provides supplies, and does other useful things. (trying to keep this spoiler free) I actually cared about her, and it actually effected decisions I made in a game. The atmosphere actually blew my expectations out of the water, which was not a small feat by any means.
    ~Finally to touch on the story, which like I said is very complex at points, mostly as you reach the end. I applaud Ken Levine for his creativity. I will say in the last five to seven minutes while playing, my jaw was just hanging loose in absolute awe. Nothing short of excellence. Also just like in the last two installment, back-story is provided through recordings by characters, (Voxaphones in Infinite, Audio-logs in Bioshock 1 and 2 And one must hunt them down throughout the story. They can be either easy to locate, or stashed away in a hiding spot. Finding these help one to understand the story much better, and should not be skipped (you can miss a few if you don't feel like searching forever) unless one wants a less than satisfactory experience. You don't have to find them all, but finding at least 2/3's of them should be enough for anyone who is impatient, but wants to experience the game as it was meant to be.

~~Bioshock Infinite is smart, action packed, (while not being way too over the top) and overall a thrilling and enthralling experience. Its atmosphere is without flaw and is also refreshing. Its story is intellectual and just overall one of the most solid ones in recent memory, though if one can't understand some of the concepts it detracts a bit from the experience. (this game can make a smarter than average person feel dumb at points). Then you have the overall game-play, which has been slightly improved from both Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Fans of the previous two games, will love Infinite, though its still a great starting point if you haven't played any of the past games. This game, while some may disagree, shows exactly what a Mature 10 games is, intellectual and thought provoking while still entertaining and a blast to play.
  78. Apr 8, 2013
    Amazing Graphics, Game play, etc. but the thing that sold me about this game is that it touches religion and
    politics, also racial diversity and it is ironic how heaven can be so evil.
  79. Apr 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an incredible game. Ken Levine and Irrational studios have really created something special. I have beaten it twice and going through my 3rd play through on 1999 mode, haven't started quite yet. I would highly recommend this game to fans who enjoy an engaging story. The story really drives this game. In terms of gameplay it is again very well done. People are going toBioshock Infinite is an incredible game. Ken Levine and Irrational studios have really created something special. I have beaten it twice and going through my 3rd play through on 1999 mode, haven't started quite yet. I would highly recommend this game to fans who enjoy an engaging story. The story really drives this game. In terms of gameplay it is again very well done. People are going to play differently which makes this game unique. Plenty of guns and vigors to switch up your gameplay for a ton of variation. If you are a Bioshock fan, or a fan of FPS in general do yourself a favour and get this game. Expand
  80. Apr 8, 2013
    Bioshock infinite what is there to say about it... well there is a lot of things to say about this game, but i will just tell you about a few of the many many things about it. First off i want to say that the game is amazing i loved playing it, i do not have many bad things to say but i just about one thing bad about it its that nobody of the enemies in the game seems to care aboutBioshock infinite what is there to say about it... well there is a lot of things to say about this game, but i will just tell you about a few of the many many things about it. First off i want to say that the game is amazing i loved playing it, i do not have many bad things to say but i just about one thing bad about it its that nobody of the enemies in the game seems to care about Elizabeth at all, sometimes she can be right in front of them and the still care about me more then her. But over to the good things, the gameplay is awesome i loved to go around levels with the sky hook and the guns and and vigors was fun and entertaining to use. The story is the best one during the past few years, it is a rich and good story that everyone should pay much attention too. I really think that this game is a MUST HAVE for everyone who is just a little bit into FPS games and if you are not this is really a good start. Thank you for reading my review of Bioshock infinite Expand
  81. Apr 8, 2013
    I grade games in five categories, each with a possible score from 0-2. At the end I will tally up the scores for the final verdict.

Graphics: There really isn't much too say here. You could watch the game for 5 minutes and know that it is easily one the best looking games out there. The characters, the settings, it all looks amazing, and still has the BioShock charm that we all know

Graphics:
    There really isn't much too say here. You could watch the game for 5 minutes and know that it is easily one the best looking games out there. The characters, the settings, it all looks amazing, and still has the BioShock charm that we all know and love. I found myself loving this setting even better than the previous two mainly because of how bright and colorful Colombia is. It makes you wish that Columbia were real...without all the corruption of course. Score: 2/2

Sound:
    This is another aspect that BioShock Infinite nailed. The music is fantastic and again fits the BioShock world perfectly. Then there are the sounds around you as you play (guns firing, skyline swinging, explosions, etc.) It all sounds amazing, but where BioShock really nails it is the voice acting. Never did any of the characters voices not "fit" them. I was amazed and greatly thrilled as I was never taken away from the story and experience and was allowed to listen and enjoy the story with no awkwardness. Courtnee Draper (Elizabeth), Troy Baker (Booker DeWitt), and Kiff VandenHeuvel (Comstock) should get special praise. They are amazing, and it is some of the best voice acting I have heard in a while. Score: 2/2

Gameplay:
    The gameplay in this game is much like the pervious games although your plasmids are now called vigors and eve is now called salts. As a first person shooter (fps) I find that they did a great job and it is extremely fun. In my opinion it is as good as any shooter I have played. The controls are great, and I also loved the new edition of the skyline. The enemies are not only challenging but at times can be funny. Now even though I loved playing the game and BioShock did a lot of things right in the gameplay department I also had some problems with it. One being the vigors. You could take the vigors out of the game and never miss a beat. Vigors never once felt important to what I was doing and found myself at times forgetting I had them and not even using them and this was on Hard. I will end on a good note though and that is Elizabeth. Not once and I mean once did Elizabeth get in my way. I never had to take care of Elizabeth, she was the one taking care of me. In the game Elizabeth will hand you equipment during a fight. Don't worry she doesn't do it all the time and at times she doesn't do at all. I remember running up to her at times screaming at the t.v. for health or ammo and this was a fantastic tense game mechanic. I never knew if Elizabeth was out of equipment or if she had one last magazine of ammo to give me. Elizabeth also helps by "tearing" objects from other realities into yours to help you, and this is just genius. You will think so too when you tell her to "tear" a box of health packs during a huge fight. I choose to take .5 away from the score because plasmids/vigors are so much a part of the BioShock experience and I found it strange that they weren't more important to the gameplay. Score: 1.5/2

Story:
    This is what games should be doing today: taking risks. The story can be complex but it is not impossible to understand as long as you are paying attention to the conversations. I loved that it was a story that you needed to pay attention too. It is a story that demands and deserves your attention. I found myself falling in love with Booker and Elizabeth's relationship and could not stop playing to find out what happened next. I wont give any details of the story away because this story is truly magical and something that should be experienced and remembered. I do have some nitpicks though. The progression of the story slowed down quite a bit in the middle. I was gonna deduct a half a point but that would be nitpicking especially since it was necessary to understand later plot points. Now you all know it isn't BioShock without a twist but my problem was I found out the twist way before the ending. I don't know if this was luck or me just listing to every tape recorder and picking up on the clues but either way I won't deduct a point because although I ended up being right, I didn't know I was right until the end. Score: 2/2

Game Replay:
    I found myself immediately replaying the game after I was done. You will have a whole new perspective of the game after learning all the twists and secrets and it only makes the story even better. On top of that the game is a blast, and 1999 mode is a must for all hardcore fps fans. Of course you have achievements and what not but the story and gameplay is what keeps you coming back. Score: 2/2

Overall: 9.5/10
    I know that it will only show up as a nine but my true score is a 9.5. This is a game everybody should experience. It's beautiful, intelligent, and brave. You can't ask much more from a game, and as I said before this is game that deserves your full attention.
  82. Apr 9, 2013
    This is one of the most ambitious and compelling games I have ever played. The nature and complexity of the plot won't be to everyone's taste as the story begins by tackling subjects including on racism, slavery and religious fundamentalism and ends by trying to melt your brain out of your ears, but it really is a joy to play through.

The floating city of Columbia is beautifully

The floating city of Columbia is beautifully designed and it's busy streets and hidden corners make it both fun to explore and a welcome change to the catastrophic aftermath of Rapture from the original Bioshock. Combat plays similarly to Bioshock 2 with the familiar mix of vigors (formerly plasmids) and firearms of various size. While combat might not be as slick as a hardcore FPS it's still a lot of fun, although you might want to look to the harder difficulties if you want to be really challenged on that front.

The real star of the show though is your (nearly) constant companion, Elizabeth. Usually, an AI controlled NPC is little more than a running commentary with a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but the AI behind Elizabeth is pretty much on the money. In combat, she helps by providing ammo and health, but I found the parts outside of combat the real revelation. While exploring Colombia, Elizabeth will mill about interacting and commenting on your surroundings. The conversations she shares with your character add real context to the story and make her character all the more engaging.

I don't want to go into any more detail than I already have as the little discoveries you make along the way are a big part of what makes this game so great. Suffice to say that aside from a few glitches and a slight loss of pace in the middle third this is a terrific game and I absolutely recommend you go play it now.
  83. Apr 12, 2013
    BioShock: Infinite exceeds previously high standards. It is a breath-tacking experience that pulls the player in and never releases you. Connections to not only Elizabeth are made that will make other NPCs seem just as important at times. The vibrant world of Columbia is absolutely astonishing and flowing with the perfect amount of color for each setting you're dwelled into. TheBioShock: Infinite exceeds previously high standards. It is a breath-tacking experience that pulls the player in and never releases you. Connections to not only Elizabeth are made that will make other NPCs seem just as important at times. The vibrant world of Columbia is absolutely astonishing and flowing with the perfect amount of color for each setting you're dwelled into. The mind-boggling story is basic to grasp onto but, requires some effort to understand. This does not take away from the game. If anything it adds to it giving it a very high replay value.

The game is near perfection. The only complaint that be made are the graphics. No, not visuals. The game is not supposed to look realistic, or even supposed to be compared to modern day shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty. On Xbox 360, and even on PS3, the graphics have been downgraded to fit the performance of 7 year hardware. At times it can really take away from the immersion when you are basking in the glorious scenery and the frame rate staggers due to the complexity of it's design.

This is a wonderful game and not one to missed. Games so fresh rarely come to surface. This is one you won't want to miss.
  84. Apr 14, 2013
    This is an absolutely gorgeous game even on the aging console. Entering Columbia will absolutely take your breath away. Once you peel off the shiny exterior of the city, you find a beautifully-crafted game with good mechanics. The vigors each have their own purpose, thought i doubt that you will be using many them and will most likely use three or four. The weapons look pretty but someThis is an absolutely gorgeous game even on the aging console. Entering Columbia will absolutely take your breath away. Once you peel off the shiny exterior of the city, you find a beautifully-crafted game with good mechanics. The vigors each have their own purpose, thought i doubt that you will be using many them and will most likely use three or four. The weapons look pretty but some feel underpowered. Elizabeth is an absolute wonder. Her AI is brilliant, she will toss you health and salts and ammo when you need it most. Her story is well fleshed outTears and Skylines are a brilliant addition to the game which brings out more options for combat in the game. The story is absolutely astounding. It is interesting well paced and makes you want to keep playing until you understand it completely, and when you do, oh boy is it worth it. Overall Bioshock Infinite is a brilliant game with a wonderful story, excellent graphics. But an average gunplay system prevents this game from getting a higher scores. This game is a must own for gamers looking for a game with a brilliant story and solid gameplay Expand
  85. Apr 14, 2013
    This Game. WOW!!!! What else is there to say. I have not played a game with a story this good, ever. I will say that it is probably not for everyone but I have yet to find someone that hated this game. I say play it. It is a breath of fresh air in an over saturated market of mediocre triple A games. Also there is no reason that you have to play the first two to be able to pick this gameThis Game. WOW!!!! What else is there to say. I have not played a game with a story this good, ever. I will say that it is probably not for everyone but I have yet to find someone that hated this game. I say play it. It is a breath of fresh air in an over saturated market of mediocre triple A games. Also there is no reason that you have to play the first two to be able to pick this game up. The story is only slightly connected. It's really more of a throwback for the players that have played Bioshock before. Anyways, I liked it, and you should play it!!! Do It!!!! Expand
  86. Apr 15, 2013
    Story- 11/10
    Gameplay- 10/10
    AI (Elizabeth)- 10/10 Graphics- 10/10 Music- 11/10 Simply put, buy this game. Actually, let me correct myself. Buy this MASTERPIECE! The last game I played that was this good was actually the original Bioshock and if you're expecting another "Would You KIndly?" twist, trust me, it's here. Just go buy it now and play the damn game. If you don't you'll miss
    Story- 11/10
    Gameplay- 10/10
    AI (Elizabeth)- 10/10
    Graphics- 10/10
    Music- 11/10
    Simply put, buy this game. Actually, let me correct myself. Buy this MASTERPIECE! The last game I played that was this good was actually the original Bioshock and if you're expecting another "Would You KIndly?" twist, trust me, it's here. Just go buy it now and play the damn game. If you don't you'll miss out on a once in a generation experience. Ken Levine you are the man!
  87. Apr 15, 2013
    Irrational Games is back in it, and boy did it deliver. This game is getting rave reviews, and is easily a contender for GOTY. It is the most sold game during the week of its release on the Xbox 360 and the PC, and is number 2 on the PS3, and when I got my hands on it, I couldn't put it down.

In my review of Bioshock, I noted that I loved it for its ability to make me think and keep me on the edge of my seat thanks to its gameplay. The gameplay of Bioshock is complimented everything else. That gameplay type is most certainly NOT here. Although certain elements like Plasmids (now vigors) and upgradable weapons are still a major gameplay element, that feel of being alone and outnumber has been severed. The genre has changed from the first game and is simply now a shooter. In my review of Bioshock 2, I stated that it had the same difference, and that it was a real problem. This time, it isn't at all.

This time around, the story is what is complimented by everything else. Severing that feeling of being alone and scared to walk around the next corner was a genius difference, because it made way for Elizabeth. Elizabeth switched what Bioshock 1 had. Instead of having a 9/10 story and a 10/10 gameplay, Bioshock Infinite has a 10/10 story and a 9/10 gameplay.
  88. Apr 15, 2013
    I made an account for this website because of this game. Anyone who dislikes this game (I'm not sorry to say) is an idiot. Bioshock 1 was one of my favorite games ever and now Bioshock Infinite has been added to that list. This is the first game that has ever felt like a book to me; that's the best way I can describe this game.
  89. Apr 15, 2013
    Ken Levine proof that is one of the best developers in the last years, BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in every way. He fails to beat the first of the series But, who cares when is so good?
  90. Apr 16, 2013
    Definetly worth the money if you are a Bioshock fan. I really cannot find anything that is wrong with this game, and the game play is radical. This is a "must buy" for a Bioshock fan
  91. Apr 16, 2013
    Such an immersing story that has you realizing that you aren't really Dewitt yourself. Amazingly smooth game play, the only thing that I have against this is that I wish the campaign was longer, left needing more.
  92. Apr 17, 2013
    Empezando a jugarlo, hasta el momento es un juego muy bello e imaginativo, pero siento ke le falta mucho de lo siniestro de las anteriores entregas, parece por momentos a nivel shooter una especie de bulletstorm clone, y el eve se gasta de boleto sobre todo al princiopio del juego, flojera de ke haya poco dinero y todo caro... la solución? Ponte a revisar hasta el último cajón de losEmpezando a jugarlo, hasta el momento es un juego muy bello e imaginativo, pero siento ke le falta mucho de lo siniestro de las anteriores entregas, parece por momentos a nivel shooter una especie de bulletstorm clone, y el eve se gasta de boleto sobre todo al princiopio del juego, flojera de ke haya poco dinero y todo caro... la solución? Ponte a revisar hasta el último cajón de los muebles de este enorme mundo por unas moneditas, este juego le perdono todo esto por ser parte de una de las sagas mas legendarias en el mundo de los juegos aparte de la estupenda dirección artistica que se trae. Expand
  93. Apr 18, 2013
    Wonderful setting and world detail.
    ~ Creative and enjoyable story.
    ~ Elizabeth is a NPC that adds to the overall experience and she's useful to boot. ~ Mediocre game play(I'm being nice). ~ lack of weapons(variation). ~ very little character customization and advancement. The immersive world off BioShock Infinite is awesome. The games unsatisfactory gameplay and subpar
    Wonderful setting and world detail.
    ~ Creative and enjoyable story.

~ Mediocre game play(I'm being nice).
    ~ lack of weapons(variation).
    ~ very little character customization and advancement.

The immersive world off BioShock Infinite is awesome. The games unsatisfactory gameplay and subpar mechanics are a real stinker. I really want to like this game but just cant.
  94. Apr 18, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite: The game of our generation. Well, at least according to many game journalists and people. Is that a valid statement? Not entirely.
    The graphics of this game are just stunning. I spend around 20 minutes in the first hour of the game just sight seeing and absorbing everything I saw. And I'm talking about the Xbox version here, not even the PC one. If you can play it on PC, then just do it: You won't regret it. The soundtrack is just kick ass: It all just fits the mood perfectly. I just can't get enough of it. All in all, when it comes to esthetics, it's brilliant.
    Then we have the story and without spoiling anything: It's just something you have to experience yourself. And that ending alone just sells it. Irrationnal Games did a great job here, because it really takes some confidence bringing out this game the way it is. Respect.
    Lastly, the gameplay. It's a blast to go through it. However, it's not all gold that shines: It can feel a bit repetitve, because there aren't that many different strategies you can use in the game. This doesn't have to be a bad thing, and it's completely subjective, but still: It's there, and I can't deny it. I don't see that much of a problem in it, but maybe you will. There also isn't a large variety of enemies, but the previous Bioshocks didn't have that either. It's something that has been in the series for a while, but you still can't really excuse the developers for that if it breaks up the game. And I'm glad it didn't.
    So is Bioshock Infinite the game of our generation? Storywise, yes. Complete package, no. Does that mean you shouldn't buy it? No, quite the contrary in fact. If I have to say one thing about this game: Get it now and experience it for yourself. It's something you won't forget in a long time. It's that good. It truly deserves the 9/10.
  95. Apr 18, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are great, the game only lasted me about a week though but no matter what it was definitely worth the money. The game is VERY complicated near the end. The things you have to fight are really odd but amazing. I would strongly recommend this game to anyone. especially if you like FPS games.
  96. Rem
    Apr 21, 2013
    This game is a perfect example of what games should strive to be. Minor technical issues aside, the pacing was great, combat is as fun as ever, and the story is fantastic. Speaking of story, no other games rivals it in terms of ambition. The floating of city of Columbia is perfect example of architecture, and the art pops. The main character Booker, is more than a standard gruff darkThis game is a perfect example of what games should strive to be. Minor technical issues aside, the pacing was great, combat is as fun as ever, and the story is fantastic. Speaking of story, no other games rivals it in terms of ambition. The floating of city of Columbia is perfect example of architecture, and the art pops. The main character Booker, is more than a standard gruff dark history hero. His interactions with the young and beautiful Elizabeth paints an astounding chemistry of a father-daughter relationship. Finally the ending, the ending in short was not what I wanted. Does that it mean it was bad? No, it means that it was perfect in its complexity and design and the final scenes it has to offer got me rushing straight to the forums. Games like that are few and far between, but this one does it better. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is the game I wanted and a true successor to the original Bioshock and in some ways, may surpass it. Irrational Games have always created the most cherished and most ambitious games in history. Like their awesome games, Will the Circle Be Unbroken? Hopefully not. Expand
  97. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed Bioshock 1 & 2, and rate amongst them the greatest games ever made, so for Infinite was really a no-brainer.

The aspect of Bioshock I enjoyed the most was that it was based on Objectivism, which was a very interesting twist for a game, Infinite is based on the ideas of American Exceptionalism and labour unrest in the early 1900s... or so I thought!

This game is to big to review, and introduces multiverse quantum physics and parallel worlds and outcomes very cleverly. The ending is hard to swallow and is definitely a jaw dropping moment. The link to Bioshock is also cleverly and subtly executed.

In terms of gunplay, its not call of duty, and like in Bioshock 1, once you get to a certain character level you can dispose of foes relatively easily. The audio is also somewhat buggy at times but all of this is overlooked in the face of a monumental game, no not a game an idea.

I really enjoyed this game and honestly I believe it deserves 10 stars as it is one of the most ambitious games I have ever played!
  98. Apr 22, 2013
    Odd as it seems and no offense to the devs, but I really wanted this to be a Bethesda game. As good a little bit absurd the story and characters were, the designers presented me with a fantastic and interesting world but constrained me to one of the more linear and repetitive games I have played. I've heard it's better on the pc but combat felt jerky at times and the enemies repetitive.Odd as it seems and no offense to the devs, but I really wanted this to be a Bethesda game. As good a little bit absurd the story and characters were, the designers presented me with a fantastic and interesting world but constrained me to one of the more linear and repetitive games I have played. I've heard it's better on the pc but combat felt jerky at times and the enemies repetitive. That said I enjoyed the guns at first and the magic (vigors) a lot. The story was just so slow and convoluted that the revelation at the end left me uncaring. Good game overall, not worth the hype or the replay. Expand
  99. Apr 24, 2013
    An Outstanding Game, perfect for any newcomer to the series. The sounds are incredible, AI Brilliant. This is easily the contender for Game Of The Year.

Cant Wait for the DLC!
  100. Apr 26, 2013
    The game overall is great it had a amazing story but the game play was average. The game should have let players carry more then one gun to increase the options you can choose from. But instead with 2 guns I would end up choosing the guns the did the most damage instead of experimenting with other guns. It was also annoying how you could complete the game by using the same vigor's. TheyThe game overall is great it had a amazing story but the game play was average. The game should have let players carry more then one gun to increase the options you can choose from. But instead with 2 guns I would end up choosing the guns the did the most damage instead of experimenting with other guns. It was also annoying how you could complete the game by using the same vigor's. They should have made it so some enemies were weak against certain vigor. Though I really enjoyed the art style of the game but the graphics weren't to appealing in my opinion. Expand

1. May 27, 2013
    An instant classic that should be kept in a special place in every gamer's collection.
  2. May 11, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a sure-fire game-of-the-year candidate, and definitely one of the standout single-player games of this generation.
  3. Apr 19, 2013
    Fuzzy-headed narrative and thematically irrelevant auxiliary mechanics make Infinite feel sloppy even when it's working. Combat increases in frequency and decreases in impact after the Hall of Heroes, so for most of its length the game sinks towards a deflated ending rather than rising towards a climax. However, that slow descent starts from a great height, so there is still much to value in Infinite even as it drowns in its own shortcomings.