8.5

1. Apr 16, 2015
    Bio shock Infinite is one of the best shooters I've ever played.The game play is fun and enjoyable.The story may be a little confusing at first,but once you understand it, you will be very interested in the story .The bond between Elizabeth and Booker is very well done, and I found myself caring about the characters and understanding how they feel.Great game, buy it.
  2. Apr 12, 2015
    You play as Booker Dewitt in Bioshock Infinite. You travel to a floating city in the sky to rescue a girl. But then things start going awry, and a mysterious unfolds before your very eyes. Not a perfect story, but this is a beautiful game, and very well done. Definitely worth a play for FPS fans.
  3. Apr 3, 2015
    One of the best games I have played, and I have never played the first 2 Bioshock's. The game is beautiful, characters are fully developed and able to connect with the player, and the plot is excellent. Despite the very complicated time travelling storyline, this game still pulls off one of the best endings to a video game in my opinion.

The only drawback is the sometimes repetitive

The only drawback is the sometimes repetitive combat gameplay. And also the ridiculously difficult ghost boss!

I picked this game up for free on Games with Gold, but would pay for it in hindsight. Fully recommend.
  4. Jan 29, 2015
    It is 1912, and the player is to embark on a mission – a rather simple mission. You are Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton who has fallen victim of depression and debt and must now find a way to repay them by extracting a girl, Elizabeth, from the floating city of Columbia. Columbia, a city that floats high among the clouds representing all that’s American - true to even the darkest valuesIt is 1912, and the player is to embark on a mission – a rather simple mission. You are Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton who has fallen victim of depression and debt and must now find a way to repay them by extracting a girl, Elizabeth, from the floating city of Columbia. Columbia, a city that floats high among the clouds representing all that’s American - true to even the darkest values that were held back in the day – where racism roars and discrimination is present. The mission for Mr. DeWitt, however, soon turns out to be far more complicated than was ever thought to be.
    Columbia is a beautiful place. It’s full of color, life, and gorgeous visuals. At every turn there is something pretty to look at. It’s nice that throughout the game you do not feel like you are at the same place twice. Level design is varied, as it has been with every Bioshock game in the past. In comparison to the other two Bioshocks, however, this one feels a lot more open. Bioshock 1 and 2 had an emphasis on claustrophobic, dark halls. Rapture had a horror-theme. In Infinite, though, Columbia feels more exposed. It shows that developers wanted to portray something completely different from Rapture. Bioshock Infinite is immersive and it’s truly relaxing to just walk through the city; that is, when there are no baddies shooting at you. The paintings on the walls, statues, and the beautiful architecture of the city capture the eye. The setting of the game is crafted in a way that it would be considered forbidden to rush through it. Don’t rush. Take it all in slowly and experience this game the way it should be – admiring it.
    Gameplay in Bioshock Infinite is fun. This isn’t your generic shooter where you cover and shoot. Infinite grants you, besides guns, powers called vigors that can be used in nice combinations against enemies. These powers can be upgraded and in addition to them the player can find garments throughout the game that offer bonuses such as greater resistance and damage. Elizabeth’s powers play an important part in the game. She opens up (quite literally) new possibilities as to how to approach a situation, she’s also great at helping the player out during tough encounters, i.e. providing health, ammo and salts – salts being the “fuel” that lets you use powers. Another nice implementation is the skylines. These rails placed throughout the game add adrenaline and a whole new level of fun to the combat, making it fast-paced and hectic. While the whole game may look as a tedious escort mission – it is not. One does not have to be continuously taking care of Elizabeth; in fact, to an extent it almost feels like she is the one taking care of the player every time death is imminent.

This is, for the most part, a story driven game, and the player will realize that even more so by the end of the game. The voice acting in Bioshock Infinite is top notch. Courtney Draper delivers a capturing and beautiful performance as Elizabeth and makes of her character one of the most lovable in the medium. Not to mention Troy Baker’s great performance as Booker DeWitt who, in comparison to Bioshock 1 and 2, makes of the protagonist a talking one.
    Bioshock Infinite, as one of the best titles of 2013 and arguably among the best of this generation, gives to the player an adventure that is rarely come across with. There are no spoilers within this review, but let it be known that the narrative in Bioshock Infinite is one of the best that could ever be experienced. It brings perfect, satisfactory closure in the end, and it could well enough surpass most of what Hollywood has contributed in the recent years. At the end of the journey, it leaves lots to think about, making it one of the most memorable experiences in any medium. A game that is beautiful, well detailed, and well performed that will be remembered and talked about for years to come.
  5. Jan 26, 2015
    Bioshock infinite is a game that pushes 1st person shooter to the limit. Great controls, very smooth, unique powers, great story (it will mind **** you), and interesting characters. I Highly recommend this game
  6. Jan 7, 2015
    Bioshock Infinite is far from the greatest shooter I've ever played. The gun mechanics are nothing special at all, and in fact, at times, suffocatingly basic. It lacks the variety, fluidity and precision of some of its peers. Surely the kiss of death for a first person shooter? Well... no, something I can't quite put my finger on kept me glued to the game to see it to its conclusion.Bioshock Infinite is far from the greatest shooter I've ever played. The gun mechanics are nothing special at all, and in fact, at times, suffocatingly basic. It lacks the variety, fluidity and precision of some of its peers. Surely the kiss of death for a first person shooter? Well... no, something I can't quite put my finger on kept me glued to the game to see it to its conclusion.

Maybe it was the setting, the glorious floating sky-city of Columbia, filled with its distinctive early-20th century America adornments. There are few locations quite like it in gaming - completely memorable and thrillingly abstract; a particular personal highlight was encountering a barbershop quartet early in the game performing their own rendition of the Beach Boys' "God Only Knows". Maybe it was the plot, convoluted and verging on being too ambitious for its own good, nevertheless like any good science fiction mystery story I was suitably intrigued and wanted to know how it all ended. Maybe it was Elizabeth, your delightful companion throughout the majority of the game, never getting in the way or seeming like a chore, it was a pleasure to accompany her and enjoy all the little things she got up to: exploring, interacting, dancing.

And so I did finish it. But when I did, I felt a little empty. A good game without doubt, but not the rip-roaring success I had been led to believe it was going to be. Maybe it was the skylines, a great idea and a real strength of the gameplay but somewhat, I felt, underutilised. Maybe it was the overzealous item-collecting busywork needed to further the knowledge of the plot. Maybe it was the plot itself, interesting but at the same time unsatisfyingly porous. All in all, it's an enigmatic, confused game, but one for whose heights I feel it's worth enduring the journey.
  7. Dec 30, 2014
    Amazing environments, visuals and sound.

The gameplay gets pretty dull and has the same issues that previous Bioshock games had. They don't throw many unique scenarios at you and would rather just throw more and more enemies at you.

One of the most overrated stories I've seen in a video game.
  8. Dec 17, 2014
    In all honesty this game is a cheap attempt to bleed the series for every cent they can. The game preforms well and does what it is supposed to but it is missing the charm that made the first game so great! Not to mention the EXTREME amounts of blatant racism. I managed to beat the game but I never played it again, Nor would I want to. It just isn't bioshock without the beauty of rapture. :/
  9. Dec 10, 2014
    Finally getting my grubby hands on the "third" installment to the Bioshock franchise, Infinite indefinitely, almost undeniably is yet another wonderful success of the "flawed utopia falling into utter chaos by almost romantic, religious idealisms" perspectives that worked so well for Bioshock but not so much for Bioshock 2. While some aspects of the gameplay are recycled, and othersFinally getting my grubby hands on the "third" installment to the Bioshock franchise, Infinite indefinitely, almost undeniably is yet another wonderful success of the "flawed utopia falling into utter chaos by almost romantic, religious idealisms" perspectives that worked so well for Bioshock but not so much for Bioshock 2. While some aspects of the gameplay are recycled, and others somewhat questionable, such as having shields and only being able to equip 2 weapons any time, Bioshock Infinite still nevertheless is a relic of gaming at it's most highest peaks. With a protagonist that can be cynical but isn't "everything is gray and dull, bleh" kind of personality, but of one with earnest introspection of the things around him apart from Jack Ryan's usually silent, dismissive perspective of everything. Maybe I will have a discussion about silent protagonists in detail, but having a silent protagonist for the sake of the player getting more into the game doesn't always intertwine neatly, as I felt more intertwined to Booker DeWitt moreso than Jack Ryan, because of his previous exploits and how my own choices could change the course of the future. Although perhaps the biggest complaint with this game is how the choices actually don't result in different endings, as the "Tear" and "Space-Time Continuum" concepts opened up a plethora of possibilities. Vigors and Salts essentially name-swap Plasmids and EVE, with only 8 particular 'vigors' to use, possibility simplified to make each one much more effective, which they are. As for weapons, you can fortunately scrounge for ammo for weapons you don't currently have, so if you pick up a new Carbine, it won't just have the clip that was currently in it. As for difficulty, well, it wasn't difficult at all at Normal. I didn't die once, and only came close to dying Twice, and dying is just as inconsequential as in Bioshock since Elizabeth, your companion throughout most of this game will revive you at the small cost of some money. As for Elizabeth, Elizabeth will go down as one of the most positive female role models in gaming history since that one woman from Beyond Good and Evil and more recently of Bayonetta, even despite her gaudy and energetic attitudes. Elizabeth will be extremely helpful and shows that a escort gameplay can actually work without frustrating the player, as Elizabeth will never be directly attacked by enemies (even though you would think so considering how important she is to Columbia), but often her giving of items to you also subverts alot of the difficulty already, as most grunts can be taken down with the Carbine, essentially the most effective weapon that I used throughout. Not to mention her giving of items can be exploited if you decide to "vend" items at a shop without buying anything, but nevertheless, her sponge like absorption of the environment and her dialogues with Booker are endearing and thought provoking, adding more to how alive and realized Columbia is, even considering that the culmination of Vigors doesn't play as much precedence as Plasmids did, since Vigors apparently don't have degenerative side effects even though they work exactly the same AS Plasmids. Also, the Lutece theory of being able to have Columbia float in the air is sort of rushed, as well as the inconsistencies with how Comstock was able to afford all the Masonry and technical work in order for the City to be realized. And while Comstock is a adverse foe in absolute religious indoctrination and racial stereotypes, he isn't as biting as Andrew Ryan, who was actually more human with his rise and fall. As for combat, it is fluid and more fulfilling than Rapture, as Rapture would have you occasionally kill a few splicers here and there, but because of Elizabeth's "deus ex machina" grabs of health, the shield system, and the fact that most grunts can be downed with headshots, the combat can get a little tedious unless you force to play with different weapons and vigors. Vaxophones work sort of like Audio Logs in the same vein, cut down a bit in quantity from Rapture, which would be the reason how certain elements of Columbia's rise are not mentioned. But what this game will definitely get big points for is the ending, as it is heart wrenching, thought provoking, and will be on your mind for quite a while. It still is for me. I never thought that a game from the surface would convince me to buy parts of the DLC without actually advertising it, but how much of a blast this game was, and the concept of "Tears" opens up a cornucopia of possibilities, I'm looking very forward into the future of this idea. This is a treasure to behold for many a year to come. Expand
  10. Dec 9, 2014
    One of the most overhated games of all time. A lot of people give this game crap because it's different from the first game and more like a generic shooter 1. That's a good thing if it was all the same it would get boring like call of duty and assassins creed. 2. Complete **** this is far from a generic shooter and I will explain that later. On to the review, let's start with story. JustOne of the most overhated games of all time. A lot of people give this game crap because it's different from the first game and more like a generic shooter 1. That's a good thing if it was all the same it would get boring like call of duty and assassins creed. 2. Complete **** this is far from a generic shooter and I will explain that later. On to the review, let's start with story. Just like the first game your brought to a lighthouse in the ocean but this time it's in 1912 instead of 1960 and there's no plane crash, instead your on a boat with two mysterious people. The protagonists name is Booker Dewitt, he needs to find a girl named Elizabeth and bring her to New York to wipe away some sort of unspecified debt. This lighthouse launches him up into the sky to Columbia. Columbia's look is based off of that of the worlds fairs. But this city is run by a crazy cult leader named Zachary Comstock who isn't as cool as Andrew Ryan, but effective enough by the end. He runs the city through extreme religion and nationalism. It's also very racist, but that's by default because it takes place in 1912. It doesn't go deep into racism like other people think. But the city knows that you aren't supposed to be there and you have to protect yourself. Once you rescue Elizabeth you and her try to adventure out of Columbia and go to New York, but weird things happen and everything gets involved in the religious origins of the city, alternate universes, why the characters are what they are. It's extremely well told, every character shows emotion and is perfectly acted. I recommend turning on the subtitles to pay attention to everything the characters say. At first you may be confused, but once you understand it, it's really freaking cool and it's amazing how they made such an intricate plot with little to no holes, at least none that I could find. It made sense to me and should to you also as long as you really pay attention. Now for the reason everyone hates this game, the gameplay. It's like the first game where you have guns and superpowers and loot and collect stuff. But it approaches these ideas in a completely different way. You have to remember this isn't a survival horror game like the first one it's more like a swashbuckling action game. But it's not full of scripted sequences, linear hallway levels and bland enemies like many haters say it is. Many things are taken away or simplified. There are no power to the people machines, instead you just buy the same upgrades with money. But you can't get all upgrades in one playthrough so it at least upgrades. The vigors (plasmids) are all given to you and you also buy there upgrades instead of upgrading them with Adam. Just like weapons you have to play it multiple times to see them all. And three tonic categories? Replaced with 4 gear slots. But instead of buying them you have to find them and you don't have to stop at a gene bank to switch them around, you can do it on the go for different situations and there's only gear per slot, and they have bigger affects than tonics. It's different and brings in new strategies for the gameplay. They removed picture taking, hacking is dumbed down to possession, and a few other things are taken away. But it doesn't take away without giving back. There's the skyhook, which is way better than the wrench(but not as cool as the drill) it can be combined bizzarely with other vigors and gears for interesting results, it can be used for gory executions which is enertaining. You can also fly up to freight hooks to get vantage points. The skyline is also awesome and changes things up. It works the way it should and you can fly around the battlefield gracefully and gives access to so many unique battle opportunities. Then there's Elizabeth who will help you find supplies, and also give you supplies. But she doesn't give you an unfair advantage over everybody, many times she will say "sorry that's all I've got". She can also summon many things from alternate universes called tears to bring in tesla coils to electrocute enemies, health packs, and many other things. The enemies are bizarre and diverse, from handymans to robo washingtons with mini guns. The gameplay is fun and diverse and highly replayable with lots of opportunity and feels different and fresh. The graphics aren't realistic but enhance the scale and beautiful vistas of this floating city. Everything sounds cool and badass and keeps you in the right mood at the right times, sound effects, music, etc. This game is different but equally as good as the original. If your tired of boring copy and paste shooters every year and want something unique and refreshing, than I absolutely recommend this game and is well worth whatever price you pay (it's like 20 bucks nowadays) This game and Dishonored are also proof that not every triple A title needs goddamn tacked on multiplayer to be worth buying! Expand
  11. Dec 8, 2014
    When I first finished this game, I was thinking about it day and night and couldn't stop because of how astonishing it was. It's a nearly flawless game with thought provoking, controversial themes, great gameplay, memorable characters, and a plot twist you won't see coming and will leave you in shock. The city of Columbia is beautiful yet terrifying at the same time when you find out theWhen I first finished this game, I was thinking about it day and night and couldn't stop because of how astonishing it was. It's a nearly flawless game with thought provoking, controversial themes, great gameplay, memorable characters, and a plot twist you won't see coming and will leave you in shock. The city of Columbia is beautiful yet terrifying at the same time when you find out the dark secrets this city is hiding. Aside from a few moments where the gameplay feels tedious, this is a must have game, and one of the best games of 2013. Expand
  12. Dec 8, 2014
    The game is good, but there are better options on the market. The story is quite confusing for a videogame, and even if you finish it, you will have to search online to understand the whole plot. Art and music are amazing! The use of "Vigors" and its animation are very cool. However the game is extremely linear to current standards and doesn't require much strategy. Just shoot everythingThe game is good, but there are better options on the market. The story is quite confusing for a videogame, and even if you finish it, you will have to search online to understand the whole plot. Art and music are amazing! The use of "Vigors" and its animation are very cool. However the game is extremely linear to current standards and doesn't require much strategy. Just shoot everything that moves (repetitive action in general). It's a nice and very well done game, but I don't see it as the best FPS of 2013. For me, it's not as challenging, not to mention addicting, as other non-linear experiences available. Expand
  13. Dec 7, 2014
    2K Games have managed to engineer a fresh faced version of BioShock that perhaps surpasses those before it. The music is excellent and the graphics are stunning. The story is marvellous, it is challenging to follow yet still makes us feel spoiled. The characters within it also stand strong in their own right. We are still treated to explosive boss battles as well as some classic creepy2K Games have managed to engineer a fresh faced version of BioShock that perhaps surpasses those before it. The music is excellent and the graphics are stunning. The story is marvellous, it is challenging to follow yet still makes us feel spoiled. The characters within it also stand strong in their own right. We are still treated to explosive boss battles as well as some classic creepy BioShock moments. Infinite's setting is perhaps it's best element, floating Columbia is just waiting to be explored. I had never seen such beauty within a game until I played Infinite. BioShock Infinite is added to a small pile of games that have defined this generation. Expand
  14. Nov 19, 2014
    Single player FPS don't usually hold my interest for really long. I prefer multiplayer. But this game was just amazing. I love the steampunk design, the twist ending, the level design, the power ups. Im not going to write a very long detailed review but this game was great.
  15. Nov 13, 2014
    This game is nearly everything that is wrong with modern games and is by no means a worthy successor to the original Bioshock. I would even go as far to say that nothing in it justifies it's existence.
    The gameplay is that of an uninspired shooter with an unnecessary gun limit, the plasmids are all the same and copy pasted from the predecessors, Elisabeth is basically not even there and the enemies are bullet sponges.

The story is badly written, most of the characters don't even act rational and all the mentioned social criticism is as deep as the developers understanding of the string theory. The player is at no point required to think.

Infinite still has a few redeeming factors.
    The world looks gorgeous, the setting is rare and fits very well. The game runs at stable 30 fps on the 360 and has no screen tearing. I didn't encounter any mayor bugs on my playthrough.

All in all Bioshock Infinite is nothing more than a mindless casual shooter with no replay value that runs well.
    I do not recommend it in any way, but since it at least runs better than most console games of our generation I still have to give it 5/10.
  16. Oct 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I'd never played the original two bioshocks, well, I did, but let's just say I didn't have particularly high hopes for it when I picked it up for £8.00 at Cex exchange... I took it home and put it in my Xbox...

6 hours later, I was swinging around on skyhooks launching crows at giant cyborgs while bringing veritable bullet rain down on the Vox Populi below, all the while getting help from one of the greatest characters in video games. There were, however, a few kinks that could be ironed out for the next one.

The difficulty goes insane, you cut through soldiers like a knife through newly bloodied butter. But then you run into the slightly larger guys and you need to pump so many clips into them it becomes a chore.

Elizabeth needs to be more active, the worst thing for a story driven game is to have to stop after every fight to scrounge the battlefield for ammo, money, salts and health.

The story works well up until the end, with them tying it all up with the almost audible phrase **** it, space time.'

Here's some good bits though:

Again, story. All characters are handled well and are likeable.

That sequence where elizabeth gets carried off by the songbird is great, I really loved that. The sequence with slate was great, and it fitted well into the overarching plot, it's just a shame almost nothing else did.

I sense a lack of replayability though, there are very few significant choices, and it's too long a game for me to play twice, because the only potentially significant choice is near the start...

Final verdict:

One of the best games of all time, so much better than half-life, but it still has the kinks.
  17. Oct 21, 2014
    Finally got around to finishing this game and I loved it. Totally different vibe than the others. The music and sound design are top notch, visuals are awesome for the 360, and you can't beat the story line. 10/10
  18. Oct 13, 2014
    From everything I had read up on this game prior to playing it, I was expecting an abomination on par with the likes of Duke Nukem Forever. I'm not sure "relief" is what I should feel when a big-budget, overhyped blockbuster turns out to be merely competent, if overly self-important.

We've been over and over how the game world doesn't make a lick of sense, how the combat is a big step backwards from even Bioshock, itself a "streamlined(read: dumbed-down) System Shock 2. We've gone over how the plot and the BIG TWIST AT THE END (™) is actually supremely stupid and shows Ken Levine doesn't understand time travel OR the infinite universe theory he based and named his entire project on.

I knew all of that going in.

But I was surprised at how... bland it was. How so much time went into painting a gorgeous, if hollow world where there is little to no complexity to any of your actions, filled with nothing but racist cartoons and Ken Levine's creepy daddy fetish-I MEAN THE GREAT AND EPIC AND TRAGIC CHARACTER ELIZABETH(™).

I also suppose I'm less upset about this game knowing it's hubris collapsed the enterprise of its' founder, a man who let himself be convinced he was a "visionary" by millions of sheep, and in trying to make the most beautiful world possible only ended up destroying everything.

I'm sure there's an allegory for that somewhere...
  19. Sep 30, 2014
    The worst 2k game I've ever played, it is a piece of **** **** Bioshock Infinite starts with columbia as a city, it seems like the whole "opening up to the world" and "people interacting with you" was a loaf of horse****, Columbia feels like a park, not a place where people live, it doesn't feel real at all, it feels like an uncoordinated place, if you take things from once place, you'reThe worst 2k game I've ever played, it is a piece of **** **** Bioshock Infinite starts with columbia as a city, it seems like the whole "opening up to the world" and "people interacting with you" was a loaf of horse****, Columbia feels like a park, not a place where people live, it doesn't feel real at all, it feels like an uncoordinated place, if you take things from once place, you're stealing, if you take it from another.. well that's fine isn't it.... sorry some of you may not be able to understand what I'm going on about unless you've played it.. so... I'm gonna stop rambling and talk about... all the errors I can

So when I started playing the game I thought everything looked... **** not good I thought it looked pretty poor, not as good as what they hyped it up to be, this is a problem I'm having with lately hyped up games. they're all **** I hated how as soon as fight kicks off, all the civilians dissappear, I hated the character of Elizabeth, she was inconsistant and acted very peculiar, and before anyone tries to back her up saying she's meant to be, I can honestly not describe her as a character beside.. her being scared.. her having powers.. and her seeming like a **** and unlikable, she wasn't nice, she wasn't funny she just came off very unlikable, and that's the same as booker, That ending was one of the most **** up endings of all time, You literally need to look up youtube videos to understand it, and that's not a good thing, having to go in full depth analysis' to understand what the story is about.. is not only stupid but makes the game come off like they couldn't be bothered to explain it, and before anyone says it's intentional.. well I can say one thing.. if it is.. then that is **** pointless, stupid and some of the most retarded reasoning ever. seeing I haven't played it for a year, I've forgotten most of my complaints with it.. which i am happy about, I've sold the game.. actually no.. I snapped it in half when I finished it.. sorry it was **** awful.. it remains to date the only game I ever broke when finished it as I could no longer be **** with it and I didn't want it to remain in my life. I had so many more reasons to hate it, such as the character progression, the gunplay, the enemies, and how retarded they were.. EVERYTHING... I would need to ramble on for another 2500 words.. not characters. words to go in depth about everything wrong with the game.. I wish I still had my old review where I do go further in depth but I can leave you with this.. do not get this game, it's glitchy, stupid and completely **** pointless. Bioshock infinite is a rancid, disgusting piece of dog **** not as bad as the walking deads final episode.. but still pretty **** disturbing..
  20. Sep 24, 2014
    bueno este juego cuando salio pense que iba a ser un poco mas tetrico por las entregas anteriores y los graficos con los asesinatos se salian un poco pero la verdad soy muy muy fan de bioshock y le puedo perdonar todo menos dos cosas que en vez de llamarlos plasmidos fueron vigorizadores y
    spoiler alert
    que al final te hicieron un lio mental con que tu eres comstock pero el diez se lo
    spoiler alert
    que al final te hicieron un lio mental con que tu eres comstock
    pero el diez se lo merece por la originalidad de los vigorizadores osea los poderes y a historia es perfecta a mi punto de vista el segundo mejor juego de bioshock
  21. Aug 1, 2014
    The best video game experience I had in the last 10 years, probably since Half-Life 2. I've just finished this game a few hours ago, and I'm still under the influence of the powerful story it told and the emotional impact it delivered. If we would strip it down to the core gameplay mechanics, it probably wouldn't stand out that much amongst other good games in the genre, but it would stillThe best video game experience I had in the last 10 years, probably since Half-Life 2. I've just finished this game a few hours ago, and I'm still under the influence of the powerful story it told and the emotional impact it delivered. If we would strip it down to the core gameplay mechanics, it probably wouldn't stand out that much amongst other good games in the genre, but it would still hold its ground. Where this game leaves its mark is the unique setting and atmosphere it immerses the player in, and the incredible story that it manages to tell in a flawless way. I'm so sick of games with half-assed endings (which is around 90% of them), so it's very satisfactory to see a game that told a better story than any movie in the last few years. They will probably parade around with Bioshock Infinite as a textbook example of interactive and immersive storytelling in a video game, and other series would have much to learn from it. Expand
  22. Jul 12, 2014
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  23. Jun 25, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite has received countless awards and more ten out of ten's than I can count. However, that does not make those true.

This game a good story. Yes, good, not amazing, not life changing, but good. With no spoilers the game lasts for what seems like forever to give you just a good ending which is unacceptable. With the build up and lore of Columbia you expect a fluid, amazing ending but it fails to deliver.

The combat is terrible. The combat has resorted to the "Call of Duty Syndrome" of releasing an onslaught of enemies on you for you to kill. When that said "wave" of enemies is defeated you progress a little forward, then another wave of enemies is there for your disposal. Repeat.
    There are some sections of the game that get extremely tedious in which you have a "boss" to kill while grunts are attacking you while the "boss" is reviving the grunts you have previously killed. This is just there to pad the game...

The mechanics you have known to love like different weapons, upgrading your weapons, hacking, vigors (formerly known as plasmids) have been reduced to an extremely basic state. The weapons have basically been doubled however, you can only hold two. Going from holding eight unique weapons with a different type of approach and feel to two similar, watered down guns ready to pump out ammo.
    Hacking is gone. Just gone.
    There are eight vigors and those too feel alike in use. The only one I had fun with was Undertow but all the others basically are auto kill or distraction.
    Upgrading your weapon is useless almost. The chance of you keeping the same two guns throughout the game are very slim because with all the enemies you go through ammo like crazy. So you have to pick up other guns that your enemies drop so when you upgrade Sniper Rifle all the way then have to switch guns makes all that money you spend go to waste.

What does the game do well besides a good story? The graphics! I am not one to praise/fault graphics unless they enhance the experience or hinder it. This game looks gorgeous and I mean that. When you shoot up into the sky at the beginning of the game and take that first glimpse of Columbia, well its breathtaking to say the least.

Is the game worth picking up? Not really. Just a generic FPS with amazing visuals.
  24. May 29, 2014
    Prepared to be blown away!!!! This game easily has one of the best stories in gaming history. With twist and turns that will blow you away. Make sure to follow the dialogue and story when playing or you can easy get lost/overwhelmed. My only dislike for this game come with the combat and RPG elements. Unlike Bioshock upgrading your guns and powers is not nearly as rewarding. The powers arePrepared to be blown away!!!! This game easily has one of the best stories in gaming history. With twist and turns that will blow you away. Make sure to follow the dialogue and story when playing or you can easy get lost/overwhelmed. My only dislike for this game come with the combat and RPG elements. Unlike Bioshock upgrading your guns and powers is not nearly as rewarding. The powers are lackluster and the enemies get repetitive quickly. Big daddies where an actual challenge in Bioshock while the Handy Men are easily defeated. Overall an amazing game worth playing over and over!!!! Expand
  25. May 22, 2014
    Although Infinite was the first that I played in the series when I got it free with PS plus I was disappointed the story was not captivating as Bioshock which I played later but the most disappointing thing was Elizabeth which was not that game changer nor was the hook used in traveling that everyone made us believe and the combat was not that good.
    The city and graphics were the best
    The city and graphics were the best parts of the game.
    It is 8-8.5 game at best especially considering the long development and the hype which was followed by those reviews.
  26. May 22, 2014
    I like the settings, the story and the gameplay in general. It is a solid game with unique perks. For me, Bioshock is a franchise I will always play but never will consider it as a perfect game or 10/10 game. While I enjoyed the game for most of time, I never found the story is that special as someone claimed, and I always need to push myself a little bit to finish the game since the gameI like the settings, the story and the gameplay in general. It is a solid game with unique perks. For me, Bioshock is a franchise I will always play but never will consider it as a perfect game or 10/10 game. While I enjoyed the game for most of time, I never found the story is that special as someone claimed, and I always need to push myself a little bit to finish the game since the game bored me here and there. Expand
  27. May 19, 2014
    Infinite is an incredible game not only for its innovative gameplay and fantastic FPS style, but for its intelligent and beautifully crafted plot and characters. If you're still hanging on to your last gen console, this is an absolute must buy if you're looking for a strictly campaign FPS.
  28. May 16, 2014
    I haven't played the first 2 bioshocks but wow this game is great i picked up on the story line with some research. very well out together game the story is fantastic very impressed with how this game was developed everything fits in well deep story behind it, the combat to the character built up is great. its a must get. 9.5/10
  29. May 15, 2014
    One of the best games of 2013.
    Original, refreshing. Lots of variety in terms of shooting.
    so fun to sneak around and look for guns, plasmids and stuff
    high rated for a reason
  30. Apr 13, 2014
    Anything i say about this game has already been said, with that in mind, this game IS **** FANTASTIC, story, art and characters are astonishing, the first game since Dead Space that has really managed to keep me interested and involved with the game's plot and lore, the only real negative things about BioShock Infinite is the fact that the game was spoiled for me and that its 2 short,Anything i say about this game has already been said, with that in mind, this game IS **** FANTASTIC, story, art and characters are astonishing, the first game since Dead Space that has really managed to keep me interested and involved with the game's plot and lore, the only real negative things about BioShock Infinite is the fact that the game was spoiled for me and that its 2 short, therefore not enough plot points are fleshed out, dlc hopefully will fix this problem, also it has some of the worst Boss fights ever put in a shooter, their very goddamn annoying, least theirs not much, and last of all they get rid of important features from the 1st BioShock, this being medpacks that u hold on 2, jeezzz they would have come in handy

WOuld U Kindly buy the **** game

1. May 27, 2013
    An instant classic that should be kept in a special place in every gamer's collection.
  2. May 11, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a sure-fire game-of-the-year candidate, and definitely one of the standout single-player games of this generation.
  3. Apr 19, 2013
    Fuzzy-headed narrative and thematically irrelevant auxiliary mechanics make Infinite feel sloppy even when it's working. Combat increases in frequency and decreases in impact after the Hall of Heroes, so for most of its length the game sinks towards a deflated ending rather than rising towards a climax. However, that slow descent starts from a great height, so there is still much to value in Infinite even as it drowns in its own shortcomings.