Blades of Time Xbox 360

6.5

1. Mar 18, 2012
    Blades of Time is the spiritual sequel to the cult game xblades and provided you overlook the fact its a little rough around the edge its a excellent indie action game.

At its core this is a Gods of War style game with a few nice addition. Most notably is the time mechanic that allows you to rewind time and thereby be in 2 places at once to solve puzzles. Its a nice mechanic that works well.

The game as a whole is a little on the glitchy side but in my playthrough there was nothing game breaking just the odd clipping and animation error.

graphics are good if not amazing and everything plays nicely. One thing I would say is the enemies do not react to you attacks enough so it seems like you are not really damaging them until they finally explode.

All in all its a fun action game that may be a little bit too much for a full price game but if you can pick it up in a bargain bin or second hand (which probably is already an option) its a fun title to waste a weekend on.
  2. Mar 16, 2012
    As for me, Blades of Time is great. I've read awful reviews that said the games is X-Blades update. You guys have gone mad to mark it. There's nothing in common but the main fact main heroine is a woman. I liked chaotic beasts anyway - artists made really happy with this creatures, some of them can be found in Shumerian mithology, some look like Lovecrafts' fantasies. The plot isAs for me, Blades of Time is great. I've read awful reviews that said the games is X-Blades update. You guys have gone mad to mark it. There's nothing in common but the main fact main heroine is a woman. I liked chaotic beasts anyway - artists made really happy with this creatures, some of them can be found in Shumerian mithology, some look like Lovecrafts' fantasies. The plot is interesting and that time rewind feature makes the game even more misterious. So, i gonna keep on playing and will tell u later smth else - i will like or dislike Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2012
    Time rewind is a clever new feature you ought to play, not really alike anything I've experienced before and much more fun than I expected from some previews.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    An amazing game, really, have much good points, is like a spirit sequel of X-Blades other amazing game, this game have much amazing points, the characters, the story, control, gameplay, is an amazing title, and yes better than Mass Boring 3.

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 19, 2012
    Better than expected - but still not that great. [Aug 2012, p.81]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    May 3, 2012
    It just isn't particularly good. [Issue#84, p.86]
  3. May 2, 2012
    Blades of Time is boring and technically horrible. A bunch of good gameplay ideas and an interesting level design are not enough for you to buy this game. If you'ld like to experience a standard action-fantasy videogame, however, maybe you should rent this product for a couple of days.