Bodycount Xbox 360

4.7

1. Dec 7, 2015
    Bodycount is a decent FPS killed by glitches.

The graphics and destructible environments look nice,gameplay and sound are decent.

But glitches and bugs,such as dying with nobody around you,ruins a decent game by Codemasters.
  2. Aug 29, 2015
    This game is horrible. It felt so slow and the enemies are ridiculously overpowered. I couldn't even get halfway through this game it's so bad. Waste of money.
  3. Jul 21, 2015
    Review Name: Let the bodies hit the floor - Bodycount is a very good game, this in fact be extremely fun for both of you play alone, Multiplayer and Coop. The game has a very good difficulty, that is, it is difficult. The only problem is the game's plot, which is cool, but it's bad. The game itself brings very good and fun times. the gameplay for the first time playing, is confusing, butReview Name: Let the bodies hit the floor - Bodycount is a very good game, this in fact be extremely fun for both of you play alone, Multiplayer and Coop. The game has a very good difficulty, that is, it is difficult. The only problem is the game's plot, which is cool, but it's bad. The game itself brings very good and fun times. the gameplay for the first time playing, is confusing, but after accustomed to the gameplay, will find it a very good gameplay, with a great movimentation, that is, it is not slow, nor too fast, it is both fast and average, and in some degree to be comfortable. The graphics are not bad, but are not too good as well. but are really nice and cool graphics yet. The online mode is extremely fun, and the soundtrack is good, but could have been more, another problem of the soundtrack is that it isn't engaging enough or highly engaging to the frantic combat of the game. Not to mention it is quite hectic. The game brings a delicious, wonderful and laregely detailed scenery destruction to behold. We have a large gorgeous gun arsenal to check out too, and its not just a simple gun arsenal, its a gigantic gun arsenal and its a lovely gun arsenal. The sound effects are simply amazing, and they are really good to hear, very detailed, specially the gun sound effects, ohh wow. The AI is usually bad but can be intelligent at times, like running and trying to hide to reload. Still, the AI is usually bad, but its still a good AI. something i gotta mention is.... EXPLOSIONS! HOW AIN'T THIS MADE BY MICHAEL BAY? now going back to normal, everything that was needed in Bodycount to make it a near-perfect or a masterpiece game was a better AI, a longer campaign, a soundtrack that was highly engaging to the frantic combat (even though the soundtrack is already good), and a good plot. And not just a good plot, i wanted a great plot, and an at least 13 hours long campaign, still, Bodycount is still a very good game.

Pros:
    + Extremely Fun
    + Hardcore
    + Great Movimentation
    + Online mode and Coop, both Excellent and Fun
    + Nice, Cool Graphics
    + The Soundtrack is Cool, but it is not highly engaging to the insanely frantic combat of the game
    + Cool Plot (but bad, included in cons)
    + Insanely Frantic
    + Largely Detailed Scenario Destruction
    + Large Gun Arsenal
    + Amazing Sound Effects
    + Good AI (but sadly, usually bad, incluided in cons)
    + EXPLOSIONS!

Cons:
    - A Bad Plot
    - Short (Between 6 or 7 hours of campaign mode)
    - AI is usually bad

After all, Bodycount is one of the most fun games that are out there these days, one of the best the fun factor and great difficulty, which means the game is quite difficult. Final note: 9.8/10 - Bodycount is Completly Worth Playing, and also Highly Recommended Playing.
  4. Jun 9, 2015
    A couple of good ideas smothered by a hundred bad ones, if you can look past the badly designed aiming system, the terrible checkpoints, bad A.I. and confusing level design you may find something that resembles a decent shooter, but in a genre where you are spoiled for choice there are many other shooters out there more deserving of your time and money.
  5. Jan 5, 2015
    Bodycount on the Xbox 360 was a bad first attempt at a first person shooter by codemasters a company that seemed to earn their money from racing games. To me it seems they tried to combine a classic arcade shooter with the mechanics of battlefield. Some stuff just doesn't mix. For starters the story is non existent the game doesn't explain who you are or who you work for. you're told youBodycount on the Xbox 360 was a bad first attempt at a first person shooter by codemasters a company that seemed to earn their money from racing games. To me it seems they tried to combine a classic arcade shooter with the mechanics of battlefield. Some stuff just doesn't mix. For starters the story is non existent the game doesn't explain who you are or who you work for. you're told you represent the network. Is this a private company or a government program? It doesn't tell you. It just drops you into Africa where there is a civil war raging and you're sent there as a mediator. I'm just assuming that's why you were sent there. The mission briefings are also bare bones. When I say mediator I mean you kill everyone no matter which side they represent and when the enemies first spot you and they will there are very few stealth elements they automatically forget about each other and focus on you. Enemies are very easy to kill and they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with fully automatic rifles. The main enemy is a group that calls themselves the target. The game doesn't explain who they are. Are they a private military organization or what? The game mechanics are wonky and some are broken. For example I threw a grenade at a door to blew it open but instead the grenade glitches through the door and detonated on the other side doing no damage to the door and the game boasts destructible environments. Speaking of that the environments are to destructible the cover gets blown away so easily it feels like you're trying to hide behind paper walls instead of concrete. For example you have an ability to drop land mines I dropped a mine right next to a glass window the mine barely scrapped the glass and it shattered like I just threw a brick through it instead of scraping it with the edge of a mine. the game also has a few questionable design choices. Such as looking down the sights of you're weapon. You don't actually bring up the sights you just lean you're head forward slightly. There is nothing wrong with that but the problem is that bringing up your sights freezes you in place eliminating the ability to run and gun. One thing that really stood out to me as a horrible design choice is you're ability to call in airstrikes. You can only mark the area directly in front of you for airstrikes. That makes this ability completely worthless because most people wont use airstrikes if they have enemies directly in front of them. In a nut shell the game was disappointing it tried to mix a classic arcade shooter with a modern military shooter and it failed and with it being only 3 to 4 hours long its only worth in my opinion 5 dollars max. Its a way to kill an afternoon but its not a fun one and if you want to boost you're gamer score the achievements are relatively easy to get. If you do want to play it once you find little reason to play it again. Expand
  6. Dec 30, 2013
    I came into this game thinking that since it had the word "count" in the name, it would be a fun math learning game

but i was wrong, and im dissapointed. some1 must have been on pot when they made this caus it is crap. no counting at all.
  7. Oct 8, 2012
    Poor graphics meets stiff feeling run of the mill shooter. Enemy AI if far enough away will just run head on at you. Now this proves semi challenging when it's 10+ all at once in a small space. But, it almost never happens because the game is hard not to play at a snails speed. Especially in the later levels of the campaign when all you see is red. Which can be a bit annoying when yourPoor graphics meets stiff feeling run of the mill shooter. Enemy AI if far enough away will just run head on at you. Now this proves semi challenging when it's 10+ all at once in a small space. But, it almost never happens because the game is hard not to play at a snails speed. Especially in the later levels of the campaign when all you see is red. Which can be a bit annoying when your being hammered and the blood coming off your character mixed with the red from the directional icon of the enemy shooting you renders all of your characters visual abilities obsolete. I will say one thing i did like about the game. The ability to shoot through the tiniest spaces between the walls to hit far away targets. At some points in the campaign however the clipping corners did get irritating. But, the ability to shoot through the small cracks and holes in the walls was perfectly programmed. Online is nonexistent at this point. So for anyone thinking there might be a small dedicated crowd still playing this game. Think again.....

Achievements for the most part are extremely easy and high points are awarded for the most mundane stuff. So you will boost your score playing this for sure. However, with the online achievements and lack of online presence. You bet it's going to be a lot of drawn out boosting sessions for a perfect 1000. I found the thing that bothered me the most about BodyCount in general was that it just felt wrong. The graphics felt cheap and the experience in general was very short, uneventful and generic without any sense of drive or story-line.
  8. Sep 11, 2012
    Bought this XB360 game the other day at Fry's for $20.00. Glad I didn't pay more, and I feel bad for those of you who paid full price when it first came out. That being said I will say that I got $20.00 worth of fun shooting and blowing things up, and found the Brink-like environment and structures also enjoyable . . . and that's about it. The story is a mess - under-developed,Bought this XB360 game the other day at Fry's for $20.00. Glad I didn't pay more, and I feel bad for those of you who paid full price when it first came out. That being said I will say that I got $20.00 worth of fun shooting and blowing things up, and found the Brink-like environment and structures also enjoyable . . . and that's about it. The story is a mess - under-developed, shallow, and your computer linked assistant is a cheesy female voice that is out of place and annoying. I did not find the checkpoints to be bad like other reviews have said. Expand
  9. Jul 24, 2012
    I play a LOT of games and agree with most of the reviews here. But this game is EXCELLENT! Why the reviews are so poor I don't know why. Its addicting too. I die and it was my fault, not some sucker gimmick. The game makes you aggressively get the power-ups before they are stolen, exposing you to danger. Go forward too aggressively you die, play too slow and you don't gain power, so it'sI play a LOT of games and agree with most of the reviews here. But this game is EXCELLENT! Why the reviews are so poor I don't know why. Its addicting too. I die and it was my fault, not some sucker gimmick. The game makes you aggressively get the power-ups before they are stolen, exposing you to danger. Go forward too aggressively you die, play too slow and you don't gain power, so it's INTENSE and plays on your greed. Plus, like Bulletstorm, you gain bonuses for how creative you can kill the enemies so you have to think quickly as well. This is the first game that has cramped my hands from white-knuckling the controller. I'm playing on hard which is plenty hard for me since I die dozens upon dozens of times per level but Impossible mode is available right from the start. If your looking for a new shooter, try this as it is MUCH MUCH better than the score would lead you to believe. My "guess" about the reason why for the low score is how much the reviewer enjoyed their experience of the game rather than reviewing the quality of the game itself. I see too many low FPS scores lately that reflect the bias of the reviewers experience instead of the GAME itself. Expand
  10. Jul 8, 2012
    This is my first review on here and I was drawn to do this one after seeing other negative reviews. I had read a lot of low scores for this game and that put me off buying it for a long time. But eventually I did and I am glad I did and wish I bought it sooner. So my overall message is DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE. If you want a game with a story, this ain't it, if you want a shooter where youThis is my first review on here and I was drawn to do this one after seeing other negative reviews. I had read a lot of low scores for this game and that put me off buying it for a long time. But eventually I did and I am glad I did and wish I bought it sooner. So my overall message is DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE. If you want a game with a story, this ain't it, if you want a shooter where you get your hand held right down a linear corridor, this ain't it, if you want a game to play online, although you technically can, this ain't really it. What this is is a fun, high octane, old school style FPS that will get your heart pumping and your hands sweating as you take on the warring factions, and the Target, in an environment you can literally shred to pieces.

Finally, and I mean finally, an FPS that leaves the battleground looking like it's been a battleground. It's the Stranglehold of the FPS genre, and it does what Bad Company and company failed to despite the hype, and that is real time unscripted, unprebaked environmental destruction.

That's the main thing and what I love about it and I applaud Codemasters for finally giving me what I have wanted ever since I got a 360.

It is a decent looking game but no Crysis 2 visually, it has great gun sound effects, and the AI is pretty good. Wide open environs, plenty of different routes from A to B, and no load times between dying and restarting at the last checkpoint.

But the overall maker or breaker in a saturated field of genre, is do you love carnage or pretty graphics and nice stories. If you prefer carnage you should pick this game up. You can literally shoot the plaster off the walls, smash plenty of glass windows, including shooting out the frame, bricks, and make pretty much holes in everything, and there are plenty of explosive containers scattered around for your pleasure.. To me this quality of destruction has been a missing quality even in the famous named games who claim to do it, Bodycount finally gets it right. Real time destruction is finally here.
  11. Jun 1, 2012
    I was really interested in Bodycount. It's made by the team who made the stellar Black and... okay well that's it, but it was enough to intrigue me in the game. ...then the game was released. And I lost all prior excitement for it. Why? ...well the plethora of 5/10 reviews didn't help. And so Bodycount was sorted into the "GET WIN FALLS INTO A BARGAIN BIN" pile of titles, joining gamesI was really interested in Bodycount. It's made by the team who made the stellar Black and... okay well that's it, but it was enough to intrigue me in the game. ...then the game was released. And I lost all prior excitement for it. Why? ...well the plethora of 5/10 reviews didn't help. And so Bodycount was sorted into the "GET WIN FALLS INTO A BARGAIN BIN" pile of titles, joining games like Legendary and Duke Nukem Forever as first-person shooters that are only worth playing if you get them for an unfathomably tiny sliver of their initial price - in my case, $15 down from $100.

So now that Bodycount has fallen into the bargain bins, how actually is it? ...well, I was pleasantly surprised by it, so take that for what it's worth. It's far from perfect. In fact it's as close to downright dreadful as you can get without becoming Too Human. But it's kept a lot of elements from the far superior Black. Weapon models look like actual guns as apposed to shiny 3D models of guns, and shooting things is a cathartic and entertaining experience; guns go BANG! very, very loudly and things spray blood at your camera and die with predictable assurance. It even retains what Black did well, by having not only shooting guns at things fun, but shooting guns at walls, or shooting guns into the sky, or even just reloading guns; every slam of the clip into the barrel sending shockwaves up your arm and every pull of the trigger causing things to shatter and shred apart in an entertaining and energetic display of mayhem.

But then comes everything surrounding the gunplay, and it all falls unfortunately flat. The story, for example, is admirable as in it knows its place - as in, stay in the corner and don't move - but it's also trying too hard, weirdly, so you end up with an experience that's akin to trying to decypher a 50,000 page novel by only reading the chapter headings. It's confusing. I mean, cutscenes wouldn't have gone amiss. They could have stolen the Black idea of just filming post-mission briefings, eh? Hell, they could have given the protagonist a voice, and have him ask questions about stuff the player might not understand; at least then it'd feel like the developers were actually trying.

Hand in hand with the story is the setting. At first I was glad because it looked like it was taking the Black route of dilapidated war-torn cities, but then it decided it was going to be a sci-fi game too, and threw out of place (yet actually rather pretty) cyberpunk structures at you. Worse than that is the futuristic HUD elements. I would have appreciated if it had let you turn off the ammo and powerup notifications off - which essentially highlight every dollop of collectible atoms that fall from enemies and objects - but it doesn't give that option, so after every gunfight it looks like someone left smarties all over the floor. The controls are also a bit gunk, but they're not that bad because Black controlled pretty awfully, too. Essentially, Bodycount is a game that evokes a much better game and is worth playing for those bits alone. There's quite a lot to like if you look for it, but if you don't you'll be faced with a confusing and nigh on unplayable game with excellent gunplay and very little else. As I mentioned, it has fallen into bargain bins, so you can likely give it a shot if you like console first-person shooters and be able to justify the expense. Just don't be surprised if you reach the end and feel the compulsion to return it immediately.
  12. May 14, 2012
    I support this game. It is fun. It needs some work though. Just wait for the price to go down and this game should be fair to get. Just wait. Then it should be worth for it.
  13. Mar 9, 2012
    After finding out a "spiritual successor" to the brilliant Black was in development, I was truly excited for Bodycount. Unfortunately, like most fans of Black I was bitterly disappointed. I tried to enjoy the game, but the ridiculously under-developed and generic storyline, stupid AI and poor level-design all hindered this. If you're looking for a fast-paced run and gun arcade shooter, youAfter finding out a "spiritual successor" to the brilliant Black was in development, I was truly excited for Bodycount. Unfortunately, like most fans of Black I was bitterly disappointed. I tried to enjoy the game, but the ridiculously under-developed and generic storyline, stupid AI and poor level-design all hindered this. If you're looking for a fast-paced run and gun arcade shooter, you MAY enjoy this game, but even so there are dozens of better titles in the genre available for the same price. Expand
  14. Feb 22, 2012
    I hated the demo, thought it was lame with no focus. Now that I've finished the game, I'm so glad I was so so wrong. If you like the game Black on original xbox and ps2, you'll love this game. It reminds me of what got me into games in the first place. I didn't need some multi-teir story and twists; I just needed some awesome guns, graphics, and plenty of destruction and killing ofI hated the demo, thought it was lame with no focus. Now that I've finished the game, I'm so glad I was so so wrong. If you like the game Black on original xbox and ps2, you'll love this game. It reminds me of what got me into games in the first place. I didn't need some multi-teir story and twists; I just needed some awesome guns, graphics, and plenty of destruction and killing of formidable foes. The graphics are pretty varied with some third world settings and some sci-fi futuristic environments. Character models are good, but repeated in every enemy in a certain area which feels dated. Destruction feels as good as ever with sparks, splinters and fire exploding from everywhere you fire a bullet at. With so much destruction at your fingertips it would've been nice if there were more choices for environmental kills and if every enemy didn't need 100 bullets in them to put down. I do need to say that this is a very hard game on everything but the easy difficulty level and even then it shouldn't be taken lightly. Sound is good, but there are a few times when over syncing and unbalancing became an issue. I'm deeply saddened that this dev team is out of the picture, because a polished sequel could've been truly something spectacular. As it stands, this is a must rent and a definite bargain bin buy. This game is much better than people give it credit for. Expand
  15. Feb 14, 2012
    Way better then i thought, the biggest problem with this game is that you cant move and shoot at the same time, thats very odd and i have no idea why they made it like that. i love achievments and this game had pretty easy achievments and the shooting was allright. pretty short campaign and repetetive but for me at the low price i bought it its deffo a 5/10
  16. Dec 15, 2011
    I'll start by saying that the problem with this game is the lack of decent story. I love a good story no matter what the game is but this one just doesn't really deliver. What it DOES deliver is everything else. This game was made with a focus on just blowing stuff up and having fun and that's exactly what happens when you play it. There is a whole lot of destruction and quite a few moreI'll start by saying that the problem with this game is the lack of decent story. I love a good story no matter what the game is but this one just doesn't really deliver. What it DOES deliver is everything else. This game was made with a focus on just blowing stuff up and having fun and that's exactly what happens when you play it. There is a whole lot of destruction and quite a few more guns than I expected. The enemy AI is consistently pretty good and will give you a challenge and force you to use cover. There are only two boss fights in the game and they are both against the same enemy but the way you fight them is interesting and makes you think carefully. Furthermore, Bodycount has pretty good graphics with very nice environments. Nothing is more beautiful, however, then when you're blowing these environments up. It's a very frantic, high paced experience and to accomodate for this there are no iron-sights, but instead you zoom your viewpoint in to increase accuracy. Now the interesting thing there is that if you hold the aim button down all the way, your movement stick is used to duck and lean to use cover. If you hold it in partially, you don't get as much accuracy added to your shots but you can move while aiming. All in all, if you like explosions, fast gunplay, destructible environments down to the tiles on the walls, and more explosions, buy this game. Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2011
    No. Just no. This game is too short, boring and NO FUN. So Why give it a 3? Well because the story was decent. But decent story + Repetative Game = Terrible, still. DO NOT GET THIS GAME UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BE RIPPED OFF!
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    I played this game on release. It was fun. Finished the game and was still left confused by the lack of completion. It was like sonic the hedgehog was given a gun in a casino and told to shoot for free booze. This game is incomprehensible. Yet on the other hand it looks great and is completely addictive like a slots machine. Sound is great. If only the team who wrote 'Brink' got into thisI played this game on release. It was fun. Finished the game and was still left confused by the lack of completion. It was like sonic the hedgehog was given a gun in a casino and told to shoot for free booze. This game is incomprehensible. Yet on the other hand it looks great and is completely addictive like a slots machine. Sound is great. If only the team who wrote 'Brink' got into this you would have a smash. Online play was non existent when i played, cant imagine the traffic increasing. Expand
  19. Oct 5, 2011
    i will be fair and give it a 4. infact 4 is a bit to much its a big dumb dull boring short game. do not buy its a really bad game and the worst 2011 game. worst than duke nukem forever.
  20. Sep 26, 2011
    I do not understand how people hate this game? It is a classic. OH right I forgot, most of the reviews were made by CoD addicted kids, who think that any FPS that isn't CoD is crap.

This game is old school styled, if you've played Black on Xbox then you will enjoy this game. The game is not supposed to be played tactically, if you do you'll hate the game. The game for me was a lot of fun, now while I do admit it needs a few tweaks here and there, the game is fairly enjoyable. All you have to do is spray bullets everywhere, which is something the modern FPS is missing.

The graphics are okay, and the sound is awesome.

Overall worth getting.
  21. Sep 22, 2011
    I still remember its spiritual predecessor Black on the original Xbox being ahead of it's time, while that give everything the gamer wanted this is a disaster! While in some parts it feels like better things are to come, eventually it gets so bad I completed the earlier levels merely for the sake of it and off it went! Amazingly if you reply Black, apart from the graphics it's still farI still remember its spiritual predecessor Black on the original Xbox being ahead of it's time, while that give everything the gamer wanted this is a disaster! While in some parts it feels like better things are to come, eventually it gets so bad I completed the earlier levels merely for the sake of it and off it went! Amazingly if you reply Black, apart from the graphics it's still far better than this. Don't waste your money, maybe then developers will get the message not to release crap like this! Expand
  22. Sep 18, 2011
    Sorry Codemasters, but this is the worst FPS shooter ever!!! The demo was horrible, hyper control lag. I don't even imagine on the final release... Codemasters, do us a favor and start making Grid 2 for us will you
  23. Sep 15, 2011
    Classic, simple and mind-blowing is what defines Bodycount while other games of the same genre strive to become the same. it's what Duke Nukem Forever should've been, and is a great nostalgic ride to get away from other military FPSs of this era, and if you really don't get your mind into it with details and textures and whatnot, this game gives you a huge amount of **** time to spare.Classic, simple and mind-blowing is what defines Bodycount while other games of the same genre strive to become the same. it's what Duke Nukem Forever should've been, and is a great nostalgic ride to get away from other military FPSs of this era, and if you really don't get your mind into it with details and textures and whatnot, this game gives you a huge amount of **** time to spare. that's for me, i chose it to Dead Island after all. Expand
  24. Sep 10, 2011
    Don't understand where all the hate is coming from - It's a decent "arcady" game game, with some interesting innovations like the lean style cover. Decent graphics.
  25. Sep 6, 2011
    No. no. no. no. no. no. I liked the demo. I thought it was an interesting take on a shooter and you could blow a lot of stuff up. Playing the full game its just not as fun. The enemy is known only as "The Target", how generic is that? While the shooting and control from the demo is intact and fun, I lost interest when it went from shooting at, somewhat equal enemies to sci-fi armoredNo. no. no. no. no. no. I liked the demo. I thought it was an interesting take on a shooter and you could blow a lot of stuff up. Playing the full game its just not as fun. The enemy is known only as "The Target", how generic is that? While the shooting and control from the demo is intact and fun, I lost interest when it went from shooting at, somewhat equal enemies to sci-fi armored enemies that reminded me of the Thumb-Thumb soldiers of Spy Kids 2. Multiplayer is a joke unless you actually enjoy sitting in a lobby with that one person who just won't ready up.

Save your money.
  26. Sep 5, 2011
    They need to stop wasting energy on a shooter style they can't do right and go back to making great racing games like Burnout. This is a very poorly made shooter in a market stuffed with sublime offerings like BF, GOW, COD, Drakes Fortune, Resistance ....... First the color palette is off. Its a mess of bright puke or brown. Second the enemy AI is bad. Next, there are exploding barrelsThey need to stop wasting energy on a shooter style they can't do right and go back to making great racing games like Burnout. This is a very poorly made shooter in a market stuffed with sublime offerings like BF, GOW, COD, Drakes Fortune, Resistance ....... First the color palette is off. Its a mess of bright puke or brown. Second the enemy AI is bad. Next, there are exploding barrels everywhere which is just cheap. Finally, the enemy is clearly inspired by nazis which I just wish European developers could get past as the ultimate bad guy its boring. Oh and it has a trite social message like Haze which also failed hard. Expand
  27. Sep 3, 2011
    My friend was mad enough to buy this game on launch. He finished it in 4 hours and so i borrowed it today and finished it in just over 4 hours myself. Short advice: do not buy this game. It is astonishing just how bad this game is and that something like this can actually be released, and at full AAA price as well. That is just pure rip-off.

Gameplay: The guns are fun. Not varied enough

Gameplay: The guns are fun. Not varied enough and run of the mill really (depsite having some fancy names). No rocket launcher. In a game that is supposed to be about destruction thats pretty bad in my book. Even Black (bad as it was) managed a rocket launcher for some set-pieces. The core gameplay tries to be a run and gun game, but at the same time the main aim control roots you to the spot, which makes me think the devs did not know what they wanted to do. Missions and Objectives are just terrible. Most shooters are shallow, but this game goes beyond. Checkpoints and pressing x. killing a random guy that often looks no different then the rest of the AI. that really is about it. AI: non-existing. You can tell exactly where control points were placed in the level. AI spawn and run to the points then start firing. It also seems that there can only be about 10 AI on screen at the same time and i never saw more than 3 or 4 firing at me. I never once felt under threat and often you can run past them while they look into a wall.

Destruction: what destruction? "Shredding" as they call it lets me rip apart about 20 to 30% of the level. And its not readable at all. On some buildings i can destroy a wall, but an identical looking wall next to it stays solid and only takes decals. There is no common thread and you can not plan ahead and feel smart. Shredding is accidental at best. What is there is detailed to a point its pointless. In the heat of battle i personal dont care if a chair disintigrates into 400 pieces. Give me Bad Company building collapses every day.

Story and Character: Not present. My character has no name and a no-name **** chick screams in my ear. The writing is so bland and boring that i would guess Codemasters saved the money for a professional writer and developed the story in house. Bad mistake. I dont expect a Deus Ex story line in a shooter, but give me at least SOMETHING that makes sense and tells me why i should be killing everyone.

Graphics: about 5 years dated. Looks like previous xbox and not 360. surprising considering the same engine looks gorgeous on GRID and DIRT. the color scheme is a total rip-off from Brink but implemented terribly. The levels are so full of color it hurts your eyes and AI (often in the same color palette) blend in completely. Audio: Audio is largely good and so is the music, but the music feels out of place for this game somehow.

Level Design: The Levels are generally nice and open, inviting you to explore. But this is where the rest breaks down. Missions are linear scripted (as if the scripter did not realize he had a semi open world to play with and it was all corridor shooter) and the AI just falls apart when you diviate from the critical path.

Overall: Avoid at all cost. Or ask yourself how much 1000 Achievment points are really worth to you cash wise.
  28. Sep 3, 2011
    This game is underrated and misunderstood, I'm not saying it deserves a 9 or even an 8 but at least a 7. It's great fun on a basic level and has a retro feeling to it. It reminds me of the good old fun rail shooter arcade games of the early 90 's.
  29. Sep 1, 2011
    If you are looking for a fun arcade style shooter then this is a game that you will enjoy. As many have said, the visuals are average, about on-par with Bad Company 2. However, they did implement an environment with a lot of destructible items (walls, cars, generators, etc) and that may have something to do with the the quality of the graphics. The sound is actually pretty good, I don'tIf you are looking for a fun arcade style shooter then this is a game that you will enjoy. As many have said, the visuals are average, about on-par with Bad Company 2. However, they did implement an environment with a lot of destructible items (walls, cars, generators, etc) and that may have something to do with the the quality of the graphics. The sound is actually pretty good, I don't have any complaints with it at all.

WHEN you can get in a multiplayer game they feel well balanced (not very many people playing the on-line portion). However, I am sure the people that haven't figured out how to upgrade their weapons using intel probably wouldn't agree with that comment.

My main complaint is how the environment interacts with gunfire. There are portions of the maps that even though you can see the person you are shooting at the weapon's projectile will hit an invisible wall. This gets rather annoying when you try to throw a grenade around a corner and it drops right next to you.

Overall, it is fun just needs a little more polish.
  30. Sep 1, 2011
    This is a shooter done right. The guns, visual effects, audio and controls feel perfectly tuned, and the game punches well above its weight. The gameplay, pacing and level design are stronger than other games in the Genre, Gun Porn sums it up well. If you like shooters, you'll finish this one.
  31. Aug 31, 2011
    Holy crap what an increadible waste of time, this has so little going for it an in crazy to think that it is
    even an 2011 release for new consoles. Games of the same genre were made better back on the old Vic 20 or commodore 64. From game play that has just hap-hazard shooting with no difference from weapon to weapon. A cover system that never feels like your in cover, rag doll effects which is more like a thunder birds puppet show, one of the worst story lines of the modern era ( OMG one second your in Africa, the next your shooting in a computer main frame like a throw back to TRON ) geesh what drugs were these guys/gals on. Seriously avoid the game at all cost.

CRAP, CRAP, and more SUPER CRAP.
  32. Aug 31, 2011
    First things first, I will not refer to this game as Bodycount. That is to cool of a name, and the only body count that was going to take place was at Gamestop if I didn't get my full 64 dollars back after 1 hour of playing. Instead, it will now be referred to as G.W.N.P.W.Y.S.A.L.O.A (game with no plot where you shoot a lot of Africans) because that is a much more suitable title. TheFirst things first, I will not refer to this game as Bodycount. That is to cool of a name, and the only body count that was going to take place was at Gamestop if I didn't get my full 64 dollars back after 1 hour of playing. Instead, it will now be referred to as G.W.N.P.W.Y.S.A.L.O.A (game with no plot where you shoot a lot of Africans) because that is a much more suitable title. The starts in Africa, where there is currently a civil war going on.......... I guess. It's hard to say because there are no cut scenes or basic direction for that matter. It's just known that your roll is one of mediation. Mediation is this context means just killing every single person indiscriminately. Here is the level line up for the first 5 levels.

1. Africa
    2. Africa
    3. Africa
    4. Futuristic Underground Secret Space Facility Where Everything Is Crome And They Don't Explain Why The He'll It Is Even There
    5. Africa

I wish I could give you the full line up of levels (I have a hunch though that it will probably be Africa related) but after I got done level four, resurfaced back in Africa, I only played for 1 minute and 39 more seconds until I left the room, cried, and than drove back to Gamestop to get my money back 8 minutes before closing.

So what was the straw that broke the camel's back? When I got to level 5 (Africa) it was just going back through the level layout of the first three levels that you just played moments ago. However, I still wanted to complete level 5 just so I could get another 50 well deserved gamer points.

So in the game, I rounded a corner and saw an African tribesmen standing there (surprising I know) and shot him 5 times point blank in the face with my combat shotgun only to have him walk it off then stab me with a knife killing me instantly. It wasn't like this was a mini boss, it was a tribesmen with only flesh and a bone necklace to protect him. (yeah, that's not racist or anything) I blacked out because of my rage and reawoke standing in front of the Gamestop employee who had the nerve to stair me straight in the eyes while they sold me this piece of trash masquerading around as a full price video game title. So all in all, this is the worst "game" that has come out in years. It does fit a certain niche in xbox 360 game history though, and it's rightful spot is somewhere right between SneaKing (Burger king game that was 5 dollars) and Yaris (that was free from Toyota) any other amount and you have seriously over paid!
  33. Aug 31, 2011
    Graphically it looks 'okay', could be better by a long way though. Plays 'okay', though the AI can be impressively stupid at times. The destruction of the world is awesome though but feels under exploited in the game. Sounds utterly brilliant in surround sound, big guns, big explosions and the music's surprisingly tolerable. Big let down is that the small number of levels which are re-usedGraphically it looks 'okay', could be better by a long way though. Plays 'okay', though the AI can be impressively stupid at times. The destruction of the world is awesome though but feels under exploited in the game. Sounds utterly brilliant in surround sound, big guns, big explosions and the music's surprisingly tolerable. Big let down is that the small number of levels which are re-used and the limited number of character in the world which leaves me feeling like this is only part of what the whole game was supposed to have been. Though maybe that's all it ever was supposed to be ?
    Basically all 'okay'. Nothing to write home about and I hope that Bodycount 2 will bring a more complete and solid game to the party. It has potential. But until then, I fully intend to play this and enjoy it.
  34. Aug 31, 2011
    Pretty bog standard shooter nothing truly special at al,l the weapons don't fel like they don't havet any impact at all aiming around feels clumsy using old skool mecanics and an attempt at an 'arcade' fps but lacking any real speed or enjoyment. The nice touches like being able to blow a whole in almost any part of the scenery can't hide the fact that this style of play is very dated andPretty bog standard shooter nothing truly special at al,l the weapons don't fel like they don't havet any impact at all aiming around feels clumsy using old skool mecanics and an attempt at an 'arcade' fps but lacking any real speed or enjoyment. The nice touches like being able to blow a whole in almost any part of the scenery can't hide the fact that this style of play is very dated and with nothing fresh to truly offer its a case of "looks better in the making of" rather than the finished product. Expand
  35. Aug 30, 2011
    Typical critics. Codemasters didn't take out and ads on their sites or magazines so reviewers didn't get their advertising dollars. They didn't give out exclusive coverage either. It's not a clone of MW so it's no good in their minds. They had zero incentive to give it a good score, so they were intentionally harsh on it.

Bodycount is a fun game...period!
  36. Aug 30, 2011
    "Gun porn" part 2. Bodycount is a slick hardcore/arcade fps that gears towards mindless fun of blowing the crap out of everything and everybody. The checkpoints give it that arcade feel and that's were the addiction sets in. Put this game on a harder difficulty setting and you better bet you'll get your moneys worth. Jumping into Bodycount to rip the world (and gun toting bad guys) apart"Gun porn" part 2. Bodycount is a slick hardcore/arcade fps that gears towards mindless fun of blowing the crap out of everything and everybody. The checkpoints give it that arcade feel and that's were the addiction sets in. Put this game on a harder difficulty setting and you better bet you'll get your moneys worth. Jumping into Bodycount to rip the world (and gun toting bad guys) apart feels so perfectly executed thanks to the way the guns feel. The graphics in Bodycount range from good to "whoa dog that is sick" in some areas and the sound is fantastic. Multiplayer does feel a little tacked on and the game is short on easier difficulties but I still think Bodycount deserves at least a rent and a definite buy for a game that is a lot like Black. "Gun porn 2" it is!

graphics 8.5

sound 8.5

story 2.5

multiplayer 7.0

funfactor 9.0

TOTAL 8.0
  37. Aug 31, 2011

CRAP, CRAP, and more SUPER CRAP.

1. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
    Dec 2, 2011
    Niggly, thoroughly uninspired, and lacking variety, Bodycount is destined to sink without trace in 360's deep pool of generic shooters. [Dec 2011, p.100]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Bodycount could have been so much more than the generic FPS that it's turned out to be. It has its moments, but they're too few and far between in a game that's plagued with imperfections and glaring flaws. Bodycount is not a completely terrible game by any means, it just feels dated and doesn't measure up to the high standards set by most of today's shooters. It's Shoddycount.
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Bodycount is a bad game. A very bad game. It's overly simple, the setting is dry, and the controls don't even work all that well. There is quite literally nothing good about it.