Borderlands 2 Xbox 360

8.2

1. Sep 9, 2016
    The first question people will likely ask is, "Does this game live up to BL1 and DLC?" and that answer is a resounding "Yes!" The second question, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part." So what's improved? Better gun mechanics (sound and feel), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing,The first question people will likely ask is, "Does this game live up to BL1 and DLC?" and that answer is a resounding "Yes!" The second question, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part." So what's improved? Better gun mechanics (sound and feel), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing, character skill trees are improved, friends can select quests in co-op games rather than having to tell the "party leader" to do it, the new enemies are well designed, you can now dismember baddies, you can now tag items in your inventory as "trash" or "favorite" so you remember what to sell next time at the vending machine, you can now directly trade with people, you automatically pick up money and ammo (but thankfully not loot) and combat is more organic (enemies take cover, flank you, dodge attacks).

So what's the negatives? The new menus are clunky and difficult to parse, missions still consist of mostly "shoot that" or "find this," driving mechanics are about the same (though thankfully you don't take damage from hitting enemies as much), level design can be really confusing at times even with the new HUD mini map and sometimes there's simply too much dialogue happening simultaneously. For example if you're playing co-op the first big town you get to is a total cluster as multiple characters are introducing themselves cutting off the others dialogue. I find myself saying, "what is going on?" much more regularly during this game than BL1. That said, these are only minor complaints and the additions far outweigh the handful of small issues. In short, if you loved the first BL stop reading this review and go pick up the sequel!.
  2. Jul 23, 2016
    Borderlands 2 is a game like no other. I am possibly the biggest fan of customization within a game that has ever lived and this game offers just that. From the millions of different weapons to skill trees to Badass Points and more, this game allows you to play the way YOU want to play. Along with the amazing amount of variety in player customization, there is also a tremendous amount ofBorderlands 2 is a game like no other. I am possibly the biggest fan of customization within a game that has ever lived and this game offers just that. From the millions of different weapons to skill trees to Badass Points and more, this game allows you to play the way YOU want to play. Along with the amazing amount of variety in player customization, there is also a tremendous amount of variety in the enemies and settings you encounter. The landscapes are beautifully done and the amount of places you travel is simply astonishing. I have played through this game 3 times so far and still love every minute of it. I have yet to find a game (besides Borderlands 1) that can compare. If you enjoyed playing Borderlands 1 or are simply looking for a game that offers endless amounts of replay value derived from its sensational amount of customization (or if you love loot!!!), look no further. TRY THIS GAME. :) Expand
  3. Apr 4, 2016
    Not only is Borderlands 2 a phenomenal sequel that improves on the great ideas Gearbox used with the original in 2009, it manages to add new ideas that make it even more fun. Gearbox's unique style and sense of humor blend perfectly together with the superb gunplay, leveling, and loot system. Borderlands 2 isn't just a sequel that surpasses its predecessor in every single way, its one ofNot only is Borderlands 2 a phenomenal sequel that improves on the great ideas Gearbox used with the original in 2009, it manages to add new ideas that make it even more fun. Gearbox's unique style and sense of humor blend perfectly together with the superb gunplay, leveling, and loot system. Borderlands 2 isn't just a sequel that surpasses its predecessor in every single way, its one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  4. Mar 2, 2016
    For me this is one of the best games of all time.300+Hours into it and i am still having fun,not for everyone but definitely the game for me.The wasteland of Pandora is one of my favourite places to be,along with the all the sick psychopats and megalomaniacs around.
  5. Nov 30, 2015
    Incredibly fun game, and one of my favorites. A huge improvement over the first game, itself a great one. Some of the most satisfying gunplay in any first person shooter, and the variety of the randomized guns that you can find dropped by enemies, in vending machines, chests, and random piles of rubbish gives the game an addictive quality. The writing is great (although, admittedly, theIncredibly fun game, and one of my favorites. A huge improvement over the first game, itself a great one. Some of the most satisfying gunplay in any first person shooter, and the variety of the randomized guns that you can find dropped by enemies, in vending machines, chests, and random piles of rubbish gives the game an addictive quality. The writing is great (although, admittedly, the humor can be sort of hit-and-miss at times) and the presentation is very slick looking, offering a more pleasing aesthetic than its predecessor while maintaining the same general look. Tons of fun both single-player and co-op. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2015
    Diablo with guns, but not with the randomly generated environments. Unlimited loot and the guns are just awesome. It's great to find that ONE gun that's just perfect. This is a must play with all the DLCs. With split screen is a must play
  7. Oct 20, 2015
    THIS GAME ROCKS. This is my favorite game to date. The environments had a lot of replayability, the boss battles were memorable, and the loot was 2nd to none. Played this game and all of its DLC. The DLC overall was good, but the 2nd DLC was lacking. My only complaint is that more people do not own this game, so there aren't as many match making lobbies as there should be.
  8. Jun 19, 2015
    What isn't to like about this game? Lots of areas to explore, infinite gun possibilities, great A.I., and awesome 4 player coop. The graphics on Xbox 360 look pretty good and the frame-rate seems stable.
  9. Apr 27, 2015
    While Borderlands may been known for it's wacky (and brilliant) world, Borderland's 2 also does shooting and Role Playing so well that it feels like a true adventure.
  10. Jan 7, 2015
    This is how every sequel should be. 2009's Borderlands proved that originality isn't dead just yet by splicing two videogaming staples together, the RPG and the FPS. The end result was an absorbing adventure which especially shone in co-op with friends. Borderlands 2 quite simply ditches everything from the first game that didn't work while retaining everything that did and cranking it upThis is how every sequel should be. 2009's Borderlands proved that originality isn't dead just yet by splicing two videogaming staples together, the RPG and the FPS. The end result was an absorbing adventure which especially shone in co-op with friends. Borderlands 2 quite simply ditches everything from the first game that didn't work while retaining everything that did and cranking it up to 61.

How do I love Borderlands 2? Let me count the ways. Firstly, apart obviously from its predecessor, the game is unlike anything else out there. It blows my mind that no other company has even attempted to rip off the Borderlands formula in the past four years. Next, looting. I love to collect loot. I'm obsessive compulsive about finding a gun with a tenth of a second faster reload time, or with 1 extra bullet in the clip, or a shield with a couple of thousand extra damage in its nova, or a class mod with slightly quicker health regen. Only in special games would you care about such things, but Borderlands 2 makes you care. In this respect the game shares much in common with #9 on my list.

Every time I levelled up I was rushing to the skill trees to see what exciting new unique abilities I could upgrade my character with. The depth of customisation by the end-game is immense, with the right investments you can really configure some staggeringly powerful builds. The game is still being strongly-supported with new characters and campaign DLCs almost a year after its release, with more recently announced to be incoming.

But one element really steals the show - the characters. Seen through the eyes of a brand new batch of vault hunters, the playable cast of the first game, who feature in the second as NPCs, take on an elevated sense of majesty. Claptrap is back and is as tragic and loveable as ever. In addition, Scooter, Moxxi, Dr. Zed and crew are joined by a host of other new Pandora residents, the writing for most of whom is stellar. Tiny Tina just makes the entire game. The icing on the cake is one of the best bad guys to grace the medium - Handsome Jack, equal parts stand-up comedian and evil genius. You will love him one minute and hate him the next, you will laugh and you will cry.

It's wonderful to experience the whole thing online with your friends, coming up with strategies to survive some of the trickier situations (especially on Ultimate Vault Hunter mode), sharing out loot depending on which class everyone is playing, and just enjoying the unfolding story together.

We danced and ate pizza with Claptrap. We played chicken in Ellie's car crusher. We hunted rare varkids in the Caustic Caverns and we helped Tina get revenge on Fleshstick. Best tea party ever.
  11. Dec 20, 2014
    A mix between a role playing game and a first person shooter. How could that turn out? Fortunately, it turned out pretty awesome. I haven't played the first game but I know about it's ending. The game starts with the vault from the first game containing an element called eridium in it, and an evil bad guy organization called the Hyperion corporation is using the eridium to advanceA mix between a role playing game and a first person shooter. How could that turn out? Fortunately, it turned out pretty awesome. I haven't played the first game but I know about it's ending. The game starts with the vault from the first game containing an element called eridium in it, and an evil bad guy organization called the Hyperion corporation is using the eridium to advance technology and tame the savage alien world known as Pandora. The leader handsome jack wants to find a vault that has an unknown power in it called the warrior. Four new vault hunters come to Pandora on a train looking for the same vault, but handsome jack leaves a surprise for them and blows up the train. The vault hunters are lead to safety by a female AI known as angel and a robot known as Claptrap. They join a resistance group and try to stop Handsome jack and get to the vault first. There are some very unexpected twists and most of the characters are memorable. Handsome jack is a very dickish villain, and I like that because most video game villains these days have no personality. And claptrap is hilarious and my all time favorite robot now. (Sorry r2-d2) The gameplay is superb. At the beginning you choose one of the four vault hunters as your character. There's the commando, siren, gunzerker, and assassin. Each one has their own unique abilities and skill trees to upgrade. You have the world of pandora to explore, and fast travel anywhere in it. It's very diverse, there's a snowy place, desert, acid caves, mountains, a city, and a it's absolutely huge and you can drive around it also. There are story missions and side missions, and you'll need to do missions to level up your character, because the enemies get pretty tough. There really are a gazillion guns, and you will rarely come across the same gun twice. Some have elemental effects such as fire or electricity. The enemies range from measly little bandits to gigantic worms with tentacles. The enemies are challenging and have there own weaknesses. You also earn badass tokens for completing challenges, and badass tokens permanently upgrade stats such as maximum health or melee damage across all four characters. The graphics in this game are plain awesome, when standing atop a mountain or tower you can see so much of pandora around you. The cel shaded art style fits well with this game and makes it more colorful and fits along with the humorous tone. The sound is great, at times this cool futuristic action music play, and all the guns sound different and distinct. The voice acting is convincing, and there are a lot of funny moments and stupid jokes thrown in there to make you laugh. So, do you like RPGs? Then buy it. Like open world games? Buy it. First person shooters? BUY IT!!! This game exceeded my expectations and gave me more than what I asked for. My only real complaint is that it can be cheap sometimes and kill you out of knowhere. And navigation can be slightly annoying, but those are just nitpicks. For 20 bucks, your getting 200-250 hours worth of game time , so this is definitely something you should get. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2014
    this is one of the best games of this generation uniuque conicept until destiny bascally stole its ideas funny characters like claptrap and borderlands 2 is one of the best and most uniuqe game of last gen
  13. Oct 31, 2014
    Loot gathering gone even more insane, Borderlands 2 adds way more variety to the shields, grenades, class mods, and elements. The storyline has been greatly improved and the skill trees are even more mental. I loved playing through the game, the first time.
    2K has unfortunately ruined this games second play through (True Vault hunter mode) if you are choosing to go it alone. The difficulty ramp up is manageable in the general areas, but the boss fights are no longer any sort of fun. 2K, this game has lost the replay-ability that made the first one of my favourite games. In spite of all the upgrades, this franchise has taken a step back for me.
    A great game that if you have lots of friends who can play, enjoy. If you like to go it alone, not quite as good as the first.
  14. Aug 18, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a fantastic game to play with friends. Collecting loot is as fun as ever, and the story is hilarious the whole time. It is just as good, if not better, than it's predecessor.
  15. Jul 23, 2014
    I've sunk around 800 hours over 2 years into BL2. I just finished off all of the dlc and have finally had my fill. This is a game designed to be replayed over and over and provides so much gameplay/shooting for the price it.
  16. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each playerBorderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each player but shared making getting one of the BAZILLION new guns hard when not playing with a friend. Never the less, this is a great game I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun enjoyable time. Expand
  17. May 31, 2014
    This game will always be my favorite because of how good the 4 player co-op is. If you want a game were you can sit back have a couple of laughs and play with some friends this is the perfect game. The characters, witty dialog, map, guns, loot, and gameplay are just some of the things that make this game great. It takes everything from the original and makes it better like all sequelsThis game will always be my favorite because of how good the 4 player co-op is. If you want a game were you can sit back have a couple of laughs and play with some friends this is the perfect game. The characters, witty dialog, map, guns, loot, and gameplay are just some of the things that make this game great. It takes everything from the original and makes it better like all sequels should and it make you want to play more. The best way to experience this game is with some friends. Definitely the best game to come out in 2012 and i cant wait for borderlands the pre-sequel . Expand
  18. May 17, 2014
    This game is great !! first one was good and it's just better !! exploration, missions, fu**** sick guns, insane shooting action, cool graphics, funny characters, etc.

buy it if you dont have it

can't wait for the next one
  19. May 10, 2014
    I have put almost 300 hours into this game. It is really one of the most re-playable experiences I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The story is much better than the first, and the characters seem much more relatable and "real". On top of that, the game is hilarious. All the classes serve a specific role and are mostly pretty balanced and fun to play. However, there are a few minorI have put almost 300 hours into this game. It is really one of the most re-playable experiences I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The story is much better than the first, and the characters seem much more relatable and "real". On top of that, the game is hilarious. All the classes serve a specific role and are mostly pretty balanced and fun to play. However, there are a few minor annoyances that prevent the game from a perfect score.

However, there have always been a few problems with this game that stem directly from the gameplay.

First of all, about 15-20% of the weapons are completely useless. Not even considering rarity. All of the shotguns SUCK except for legendaries and one type that improves accuracy as you shoot (like Moxxi's Heartbreaker). 99% of the needle guns are useless. The sledge ball guns are awful. Meanwhile, find a plasma caster of the same level and rarity, and you can literally rape everything with little to no effort. The weapons are horribly unbalanced sometimes.

The Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is also annoying to play. It isn't hard as much as it feels cheap. You can get downed, barely get a revival off of a nearby enemy, but only to get taken down to 5% of your health immediately and go down again. It is very frustrating and really only feels cheap instead of challenging. I have always felt that the second-wind system could be improved much more than it is. (Also, waiting a full half minute to respawn compared to the original is annoying)

The baddass rank system sucks as well. It basically maxes out at +10% to all your stats, which requires at least a couple hundred hours of playing. 10% to all your stats isn't really anything. Turning it off is honestly negligible. The old weapon proficiency system was much better and rewarding.

The game has a low framerate too, in places such as Murderlin's temple I would go below twenties. That is shameful on a 360.

And not being able to redeem gold keys without xbox live gold? That's **** stupid.

Regardless, the game is awesome and everyone who likes shooters and RPG's should play this one.
  20. Apr 29, 2014
    Just became a memeber and just want to say borderlands 2 goty year edition
    Is awsome and amazing having so much fun playing with family and friends
    If you havent played it what you watin for enjoy
  21. Apr 19, 2014
    BL is hands down my all time favorite series (I love the cel-shaded visual style and the mashing of FPS+RPG). BL2's storyline is much more engaging than BL1.The second installment has even more humor than the first, with more quirky characters. I'm playing as Maya, the siren. The skill trees in BL2 have more to choose from than BL1 and they even added skin/head color/style choices for yourBL is hands down my all time favorite series (I love the cel-shaded visual style and the mashing of FPS+RPG). BL2's storyline is much more engaging than BL1.The second installment has even more humor than the first, with more quirky characters. I'm playing as Maya, the siren. The skill trees in BL2 have more to choose from than BL1 and they even added skin/head color/style choices for your character. The maps for different areas of Pandora spread out more than BL1, so there are even more creatures and bandits to score loot from.
    The side missions are just as humorous and aid in gaining experience. Without the side missions, it gets a little tough to run through the main story line as a single player. Luckily my bf can easily join my game and help me out if I don't feel like spending some time leveling up with side missions. I haven't completed the entire game with Maya, but I do plan to play all 4 main characters. That's how awesome this game is. I can't get enough.
  22. Mar 18, 2014
    Borderlands 1, with better skills, better skill trees, more guns, and violence. This is the epitome of a the FPS RPG hybrid genre, For those Call of Duty players interested in this title, don't be expecting a fast trigger finger to be all you need. Plotting out your skills, your class mod, not to mention taking the right weapons into battle, all make the difference in what takes place.Borderlands 1, with better skills, better skill trees, more guns, and violence. This is the epitome of a the FPS RPG hybrid genre, For those Call of Duty players interested in this title, don't be expecting a fast trigger finger to be all you need. Plotting out your skills, your class mod, not to mention taking the right weapons into battle, all make the difference in what takes place. Plenty of side quests and DLC to keep you playing for days. Expand
  23. Mar 2, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a strange game, unlike any others. The graphics, combat and voice acting are a beautiful combo. The graphics are the main feature that separates Borderlands 2 for others, they are cartoonish and it works so well. There is literally no end to the amount of guns in Borderlands 2, and most guns are elemental, meaning you can light your enemies on fire, melt them withBorderlands 2 is a strange game, unlike any others. The graphics, combat and voice acting are a beautiful combo. The graphics are the main feature that separates Borderlands 2 for others, they are cartoonish and it works so well. There is literally no end to the amount of guns in Borderlands 2, and most guns are elemental, meaning you can light your enemies on fire, melt them with corrosive damage, electrocute them, and so much more. The voice acting is probably the strangest thing, although there is no direct curse words in here, there are so many vulgar references, funny for adults and older teens, but probably not a good thing for youngins. Definitely a great game, no doubt. Expand
  24. Mar 2, 2014
    First person shooter, levelling up system, bosses, classes, loot- Diablo with guns.

Pros: Funny story. Imaginative. Great enimies. Great cell shaded graphics. Highly addictive. Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN. Amazing levelling tree. Chaotic and fun. Challenging. Great length of about 40 hrs+. S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats. Claptrap, and other characters

Pros:
    Funny story.
    Imaginative.
    Great enimies.
    Great cell shaded graphics.
    Highly addictive.
    Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN.
    Amazing levelling tree.
    Chaotic and fun.
    Challenging.
    Great length of about 40 hrs+.
    S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats.
    Claptrap, and other characters are well voiced and written.

Cons:
    Not really fun as single player, basically once you go to multi, being single seems boring.
    Vehicles needed more use.
  25. Feb 20, 2014
    If I where stuck in a room, with only one game to play forever, it would be Borderlands 2. After 18 months of playing this game, and still not tiring from it at all, I can easily say this is the best game ever made. Can wait to do it all again when it comes out on the PlayStation Vita.
  26. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over allBorderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  27. Jan 12, 2014
    I loved this game, it had a great campaign and playing online was just amazing, the DLC is really good if you loved the campaign as much as I did and want to play more ! :) (I have played more than 3 days all up on it)
  28. Jan 2, 2014
    Very fun game. I was bursting out laughing for the first half hour. There is a clap-trap that follows you around and he is hilarious. The graphics are incredible and the world is full of life. I have only a few quarrels with this game: They did away with the amazing assault rifle from the first Borderlands and made them all do less damage and have less accuracy. Also, the sniping isVery fun game. I was bursting out laughing for the first half hour. There is a clap-trap that follows you around and he is hilarious. The graphics are incredible and the world is full of life. I have only a few quarrels with this game: They did away with the amazing assault rifle from the first Borderlands and made them all do less damage and have less accuracy. Also, the sniping is much more difficult as the cross-hairs is very wobbly. The last one is that this game is pretty much made solely for co-op. It's not that you cannot enjoy this game on your own, but it is clearly intended to be play with another person. I had a great time playing with my friend but when he left (we're both married), it was difficult to continue on without him. My wife couldn't really get into the game either so I've been stuck in a limbo on playing it. Also, because the assault rifles aren't great and the sniping is annoying, it is hard for me to choose a character. It also seems like the character's special abilities are pretty lame compared to the previous characters (I really miss Mordecai's Bloodwing). But this is still a great game and I plan on convincing my wife to give it another try! One last thing, if you have played the previous Borderlands, there are tons of jokes in this one for you. Enjoy! Expand
  29. Dec 31, 2013
    Improves in every way possible over the first, but for some reason I didn't like it as much. Maybe it just felt too familiar? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was just too much. I still enjoyed it a lot though, just not as much.

Borderlands 2 gets an 8.4/10
  30. Nov 27, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a shameless loot grind.

Sorry... let me rephrase that.

Borderlands 2 is an extremely fun shameless loot grind, with great humor, wonderful cooperative play, tons of exploration, and wall sphincters.

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.