8.6

1. Dec 14, 2013
    I want to start out with saying I played this game from beginning to end. I was so upset at the ending that I created an account just to write this review. And it is a very good game so hear me out. When I heard of this game I thought I have to buy this. I started playing and I was very impressed. Some of the scenes are some of the best I've seen in a game. As far as game play it suitsI want to start out with saying I played this game from beginning to end. I was so upset at the ending that I created an account just to write this review. And it is a very good game so hear me out. When I heard of this game I thought I have to buy this. I started playing and I was very impressed. Some of the scenes are some of the best I've seen in a game. As far as game play it suits the game well. I think it should be easy to tell an epic story. If you say this game has puzzles then you must consider matching shapes in the correct holes a puzzle game. But still, I think the game play suits this game very well. The sound is fantastic, story leading up to the end is fantastic, visuals are absolutely amazing and only get better the further you travel through this game. But that brings me to why I would still give it a poor review the ending. I can't say exactly why I couldn't stand it without spoiling it. I'm sure I'm in the minority here so chances are if you like what you hear so far you will love the ending. If that's the case, disregard my review and buy the game now. After this point is possibly very mild spoiler. So here it goes. To me the ending is much like ones in popular Chinese movies. Tell a great story and leave you feeling defeated. But what I disliked the most about this ending is not only did it make me feel like I ultimately lost the game, it rubbed my nose in it to remind me. I know this sounds hard to believe but usually I like a story where things could turn out either good or bad and it isn't a cliché Cinderella story. It makes it feel more real. I even knew this game wouldn't end up all roses and was looking forward to it. This game left me staring at the screen saying to myself, what was the point of that. To me, you can't go full negative. Give me a major lesson or some silver lining or a word or two of wisdom so I can walk away with something. The ending was so bitter that the only positive thing that happens actually seems painful. Now I know some people enjoy misery and that's fine. Maybe I'm in left field and the true meaning of this game was lost on me. I just don't like walking away from a story with emptiness. Maybe that was the point. It is just my opinion that the ending didn't match the game well at all. Ultimately I have to say I'm didn't like the game. I know negative reviews are seldom helpful, but hopefully this helps some. Thank you for your time. Expand
  2. ERB
    Aug 8, 2013
    I love this game.The story is very touching and even the game play is good.I will give it a score of 7/10 don't think that the score is low because not many Xbox 360 games that I reviewed is not that high.I am telling you guys to go buy this game and try playing it.
  3. Feb 4, 2015
    Cute, but ultimately a bit pointless. For all its arty cell shading and quirky dual controls there isn't really much here to speak of. The story is rather redundant and the opportunity to introduce any engaging puzzles is missed. The ultimate effect is somewhat similar to watching an arty manga film whilst twiddling your thumbs.
  4. Feb 11, 2015
    Brothers is a short, but worthwhile experience. The first thing you'll notice is the different control mechanics. One never really gets use to them, and you'll be aware of how odd it is the entire play through. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing as it directly relates to the story. The mechanics are an interesting change of pace.
    The story is touching and interesting, although I
    The story is touching and interesting, although I was expecting something a little more after all the raving positive reviews I'd read and heard of this game. Strangely, many people reported this as the best game they'd ever played, which is just silly. It is, however, an excellent experience, though short (about 3 hours). I played it in one sitting and I think that's the best way to do it. I found the length appropriate and think if it had been much longer it would have taken away from the game. This is a unique game that should be experienced.
  5. Feb 6, 2015
    A beautiful, timeless, epic....... A shame that it was just too damn short.

This game had many great ideas. Controls/game-play, graphic's, story. Unfortunately to put them into 3-4 hours of gaming doesn't do this game much justice. Conclusion was predictable, really saw that happening from prior rescue. Yet flawed, because rather then making the long way home, it wanted too wrap up
    A beautiful, timeless, epic....... A shame that it was just too damn short.

Conclusion was predictable, really saw that happening from prior rescue. Yet flawed, because rather then making the long way home, it wanted too wrap up quickly. Leaving empty on what could have been greater

Wouldn't it have been better having more playtime, the ghost appearing more as a guide, the brothers themselves losing their way, possibly getting split up, open world, more quests..

I am confused how the owl griffon, but a spliced phoenix resurrected? I didn't like the basket ball either...
  6. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. A wonderful game full of passion and a fantastic history. Every now and then a game comes out of nowhere to show everyone else how it’s done. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of those games.

I cant wait to get a Brothers 2 hope so much it will come one dag.

1. Oct 21, 2013
    Brothers is a wonderful piece of storytelling and a fantastic puzzle game that’ll make you want to hug a loved one. Highly recommended.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    A magical journey through the human feelings and the sad sense of loss. "Brothers" is one of those unique games that make the industry proud.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 5, 2013
    An excellent action adventure in a beautiful and mysterious fantasy world. The atmospheric story is quite sad. [Sept 2013]