Bulletstorm Xbox 360

7.6

1. Mar 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is different than CoD, MoH, BF, blah blah blah. Not better, nor worse. Just different. Good graphics, good music and good gameplay - but it's hard to hit the market today without such a basis. Bulletstorm also provides a fantastic game. First of all, a solid dose of humor. This is a recently neglected in FPS games. Instead of humor we get often banal, pathetic, crudely patriotic talks. Bulletstorm distances itself. It's nice to return to the roots of FPS games. Similarly, a pleasant surprise is the ranking system of Echo, where you can compete with your friends in the race for best score for a spectacular fight on selected pieces of maps. For me it's definitely one of the best debuts of recent years. Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2011
    Bulletstorm excels at what it is aimed for which is to take the generic, boring FPS which the series is destined for and throws it out the window. Unless you are a hardcore serious military shooter, or a snooty person that gets offended by vulgarity you will have fun playing this game. The skillshot system adds a nice touch to the gameplay with some cool and funny kills that no otherBulletstorm excels at what it is aimed for which is to take the generic, boring FPS which the series is destined for and throws it out the window. Unless you are a hardcore serious military shooter, or a snooty person that gets offended by vulgarity you will have fun playing this game. The skillshot system adds a nice touch to the gameplay with some cool and funny kills that no other game recently has. It also has Anarchy mode which is like Gears' horde mode but with a purpose to get the most points possible as a team. I must say playing through anarchy with my friend quite a few times it doesnt get stale like horde mode. There are a few things they could iron out like the guys not dying how they should but it rarely ruins the mood. People that are expecting PVP multiplayer clearly didnt think it through. Imagine getting leashed and flying through the air helplessly as you are killed with no chance of fighting back. Also imagine getting hit with a flailgun and being wrapped up while you walk around. It just wouldnt keep the feel of the game and to be honest would be just plain irritating. I must admit Echos mode which is like a time trial for points isnt really all that fun because its just the campaign all over again and doesnt really hold the competitive aspect its supposed to. Bottom line is that this game isnt like any other and is a breath of fresh air for the FPS genre. Expand
  3. Feb 28, 2011
    i highly recommend it. Still, be careful when picking up this game, as it will ruin every other FPS for you. This really is a noticeable evolutionary step in the genre of FPS and after playing it for a few hours you will be instinctively reaching for the kick and leash buttons in any FPS you will play from now on. And not finding them will feel disappointing.
  4. Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome, mind-blowing game! I was really surprised how different and fresh is this game. Don't listen to the negative review. It's a fresh breeze in FPS genre and definitely worth playing.
  5. Feb 28, 2011
    Great game, lots of action and I'm having great fun with this game. Locations are breath taking, boss fights are EPIC! Epic and People Can Fly made a great job with this game. THX guys for BulletStorm!!!And Gen. Serano, he is a masterpiece, a really really bad general :) OK back to console to kick some more skulz.
  6. Feb 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not sure where the comparisons to Gears of War come in. Other than having Epic on the case, this game bears no more resemblance to Gears than any other sci-fi/fantasy shooter out there. The first person campaign has some of the wackiest and most memorable set pieces and props of any game in this generation. The remote control giant robot, the collapsed skyscraper bridge, and the signature giant wheel of doom are all jaw droppingly executed. Unfortunately you have to experience all of these through a bevy of one-liners that aren't just crude and sophomoric but actually make little sense. The dialog is terrible, bottom line. Not because it is offensive, it just isn't necessary. It's there to grab bad press and sell copies. That being said, the campaign is definitely worth a play-through or two if only to enjoy the scenery. The games main mechanic is the leash/skillshot combo system. I will admit the leash worked better than I expected and is an interesting approach to Tony Hawk style maneuver collecting with guns. However, by the end of the game I found myself less concerned with how I could kill the same bad guy I'd been fighting all game long and more interested in looking around. The multiplayer was fun the first few times I played it but found that if I was interested in playing a multiplayer game I went straight back to other shooters that had more breadth and depth. Interesting but not remarkable. All in all the game is definitely worth renting or picking up once the $60 price tag falls. Expand
  7. Feb 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a great game and a good way to take a break from games that take themselves so deadly seriously and to just have some fun. I doubt anyone one would want to play for the story anyway. It has a creative point system called skill shots, where you try to kill people in new and challenging ways. You don't jump (That is, you don't NEED to), and the dialogue can get a little stale,Bulletstorm is a great game and a good way to take a break from games that take themselves so deadly seriously and to just have some fun. I doubt anyone one would want to play for the story anyway. It has a creative point system called skill shots, where you try to kill people in new and challenging ways. You don't jump (That is, you don't NEED to), and the dialogue can get a little stale, but this doesn't really subtract from the overall experience of the game. All in all, People Can Fly did a good job making a over the top game that wasn't completely stupid. Expand
  8. Feb 27, 2011
    Never in a million years I'd suspect that such an over the top game like Bulletstorm will find its place not only on my shelf, but also in my heart. Based on the marketing campaign, as a female gamer I have expected nothing but a testosterone-filled machismo and score-point based gameplay (which is fine for Angry Birds, but I expect something else from my big console games).

Anyway, let's

Anyway, let's cut the long story short. Bulletstorm is only partially what I have imagined: yes, it's pretty, yes, there's testosterone, yes, there's OTT. There's also a soul, something missing from games - should I say "products"? - lately. Some moments are mind blowing (Wallington P. Tallylicker - you will miss him) and something I have never seen in games. The shocker is that there is a story, and while it's nothing more but "adventure movie", it's better than ...any shooter I have ever played. Skillshots are fun, and while I don't feel like I need to compete for the higher score, I still wanted to get that "one more try".

It's sad to see thue user score for this game artifically lowered by the fans of Killzone, but I have decided to award this game with 10 not to offset their shenanigans, but because it simply deserves it. Really something special.
  9. Feb 27, 2011
    The most fun I've had in a first person shooter in a long time, if not ever. To get the obvious out of the way, sound, grafics and level design are superb, among the best you will find in any game. It's incredible with how much detail the levels are designed, which tend to be very colorful and atmospheric.

But what makes Bulletstorm truly great is it's gameplay. Take the fast paced action of Unreal and Quake, and mix it with hefty dose of Street Fighter 4's intricate strategies and combos and this is what you get. Instead of just sitting behind cover and dispatching one enemy after another, the game actively encourages you to setup devastating skillshots that can obliterate entire groups of enemies with a single shot. Each encounter is a puzzle to solve in the most efficient and brutal way.

Bulletstorm is just as much a twitch action game as it is a thinking man's game. Bulletstorm is very fresh in it's approach, but at the same time also very oldschool with it's arcade like approach, where it's not just about winning, but winning with style and getting the biggest highscore.

Bulletstorm is truly a gamer's game, much more than any Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield or Killzone.
  10. Feb 26, 2011
    The epic games did a wonderful game with a lot of action and blood,i really enjoyed this game ,ive never hourded about people can fly but they did an awesome game.
  11. Feb 25, 2011
    I have to say I am a little disappointed about Epics new game Bulletstorm, until now they have not made any bad games, eg; Gears Of War 1 & 2 and the Unreal Tournament series but somehow this game just didn't meet up with the standard of Epic's other games. I'm sure you are all dying for reasons are here's why;
    The gameplay was taken way too far and even though it was cool the gameplay
    The gameplay was taken way too far and even though it was cool the gameplay was a little overdone and just ruined the whole package, eg, The whole stasis slow motion thing with the kick and the leash, if maybe they had made it an OPTIONAL thing and not all the time it could have made the game alot better and maybe they could have had a PvP multiplayer.Yes I know the game is original, I'll give it that, the ideas were there but the gameplay just didn't provide me with the entertainment it should of, it's was a complete turn off because it was just soo...cheezy.

The Graphics to be honest are pretty impressive, Epic never fails to impress with their graphics and yet again that's been shown but we have to remember that graphics arent everything.

The Multiplayer.....where is it, every game that Epic has made was EPIC due to it's multiplayer. A prime example is UT3, but in Bulletstorm it has none, sure it has cooperative but I'm sure that lots of people would've liked to have seen it with multiplayer. I know that people say that it's impossible because of the leash and kick bu that comes back down to gameplay, maybe if they made that with a limited amount or something along those lines they would of been able to balance it out and have PvP but I guess there's another fault Bulletstorm has going against it.

Everything else doesn't really need mentioning, I think you get the idea. Overall Bulletstrom is ok, the ideas were good but the game just failed to impress in total and just because it has some originality doesn't make up for all the faults and lacks that this game has. I would suggest trying it and seeing for yourself but in my opinion it's was Epic games most EPIC FAIL!
  12. Feb 25, 2011
    There used to be a flavor of Campbell's Soup at Hand that tasted like a Taco. Your first sip, you got really excited. "Wow, this really DOES taste like a taco." And as you drink it, you start to realize that drinking a taco is basically the same thing as sucking up all the grease and fat from the bottom of your pan.

Bulletstorm goes out, and hits you in the face with this stylized

Bulletstorm goes out, and hits you in the face with this stylized killing mechanic that makes the game feel very unique. The way the plot is set up is thrilling. And it excites you. Yet, you eventually find yourself going through the motions just as you would in any other shooter. Then everything else turns into a crude Gears of War with worse dialogue and plot- and that's not a fanboyism. It doesn't even try to be anything other than a clone.

Yes, the kill system is unique. It could have been executed so much better had it not been your average "Only one way to go, keep going forward, just shoot everything" shooter. I'm amazed at how many reviews talk about how unique this game is. Chances are they made the review the day they go it and before it started collecting dust on their shelves.

Oh well. I didn't buy it. (Thank god.) Rented it. I suggest you do the same.
  13. Feb 25, 2011
    Epic Games (Gears of War, Unreal Tournament) and People Can Fly (Painkiller) join forces and create an action-packed shooter. Everything about this game screams entertainment. The weapons are entertaining, the skillshots are entertaining, the dirty dialogue is entertaining, etc. The only problem is the pacing. Act 6, while good, is not as good as the other acts. Still, people that are aEpic Games (Gears of War, Unreal Tournament) and People Can Fly (Painkiller) join forces and create an action-packed shooter. Everything about this game screams entertainment. The weapons are entertaining, the skillshots are entertaining, the dirty dialogue is entertaining, etc. The only problem is the pacing. Act 6, while good, is not as good as the other acts. Still, people that are a little tired of the yearly iterations of Call of Duty should check this out. Expand
  14. Feb 25, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I bought this game for Bulletstorm, not for the Gears of War 3 beta - I actually despise Gears of War and most likely won't even play the beta, but that's a different story. The reason I gave this game a 10 is simple: there's literally no other game like it. And in this day and age, that is not only very important to me, but should be very important to everyLet me start off by saying that I bought this game for Bulletstorm, not for the Gears of War 3 beta - I actually despise Gears of War and most likely won't even play the beta, but that's a different story. The reason I gave this game a 10 is simple: there's literally no other game like it. And in this day and age, that is not only very important to me, but should be very important to every gamer. The campaign is short, maybe 10 hours max (and fun as hell the entire time), but you really can't expect much longer than that from a FPS. Echoes mode is fun, especially if you like competing on leaderboards with your friends or even the rest of the world for that matter. Now the multiplayer is where this game gets its re-playability from in my opinion. As others have said, there are 65 experience levels to go through, all while you're unlocking new skins for your character and gun. There *are* only 6 maps, but all of them are so different and unique that it really doesn't bother me at all. There are 20 waves of enemies to get through and after playing multiplayer for at least 10 hours, I've never had a group go all the way. The closest I've gotten was when I did a private match by myself and actually got to wave 20, died multiple times, and then went to sleep (I'm not sure if it's actually possible to finish wave 20 by yourself. I would always make the score requirement, but then still have 50+ enemies to go through, half of which are mini-bosses, and then eventually just die since you don't have teammates to help you up when you go down). My only real complaint about the multiplayer is that there are so many people playing this game that don't actually know how to play, I often get into games where we literally cannot get past a certain wave because people are trying to just kill as many enemies as quickly as possible and not actually trying to maximize the amount of points that they get from said enemies. One last thing - to anyone that was disappointed by Bulletstorm, I have one question: Did you not play the demo? Expand
  15. Feb 25, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing EchoesBulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing Echoes mode - tons of replayability! Expand
  16. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude ofBulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude of skill shots amaze as does the ability of writers to come up with new and often hysterical ways of using swear words. If you are looking for an intelligent paced shooter do not look here. Bulletstorm is endlessly replayable and offers modes such as echoes to try to up your score and top friends scores. The multiplayer is solid but could use a few tweaks but overall it is a nice bonus. I am still anxiously awaiting Gears of War 3 but until September arrives this "Blood Symphony" will be enough to sate my thirst. Expand
  17. Feb 24, 2011
    Pure Gaming Goodness! This is a Gamers Game and if you can not find enjoyment in this title you should really look into a new hobby. It is a breathe of fresh air and it has a original dynamic that offers up hours of entertainment.
  18. Feb 24, 2011
    This game was made by People Can Fly. I want to start out with this statement mainly because so many people out there are putting such a heavy emphasis on things like "I could not expect less from Epic Games!" and things of the like. This game is a primary development by People Can Fly. Epic did jump in and help with some things, and it is an EA Partners Program game. However the baseThis game was made by People Can Fly. I want to start out with this statement mainly because so many people out there are putting such a heavy emphasis on things like "I could not expect less from Epic Games!" and things of the like. This game is a primary development by People Can Fly. Epic did jump in and help with some things, and it is an EA Partners Program game. However the base of the game, the overall feel of the game, how it works is attributed to People Can Fly. Now, DanKageakaTeamK stated that the story was where the game got him, but the skillshot system was where it lost him. Don't get me wrong, I understand whole heartedly that a game is not for everybody. There will always be people who don't like certain games. What I don't understand is why he would go purchase a game that is being hyped about it's skillshot system, when you don't like the skillshot system. The Demo Alone would have shown him that the game wasn't for him. ODESSA_Z gave the game a negative review in place of a mixed review feeling that the Average User Score was not reflective of the game itself, and it needed to be taken down a peg. I just want to point out how this is completely contradictory to a real average score. If from your viewpoint the game deserved a mixed review, you should have given it such and eventually, if enough people felt the way you did, mixed reviews would come in and make the game the score you feel. Yet to give it a bad review in place of mixed is just poor taste. He also stated that the mechanics were that of your basic FPS game. I have to disagree in that the leash/kick/slide system, also in how you sprint in the game. Are not that of a normal FPS., and People Can Fly made that system work very well. Now if your referring to it having ADS and being First Person, yeah it's like a normal FPS because its an FPS, you cannot change too much because then the game no longer fits in that Genre. Overall I thought the Graphics were very good in this game. The cinematics could have been done a little bit better in graphics, but they were fine overall. Gameplay Mechanics are very smooth and well polished. The story itself is nice since it gives the game more substance and base on which to play the campaign on. I am alright with their not being any Vs. Multiplayer because I'm a little tired of it honestly. I want some good Co-Op and thats part of the reason to get this game. I don't feel the story detracts from the game at all either like many reviewers are stating. How can you honestly knock a company for having a nice story for campaign mode? I give the game a 9 in that it was a little bit shrot, and the load screens were a little too often, otherwise it's a great game. Expand
  19. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm gives us a fresh dose of humor, variety, and gameplay. It introduces new and likable characters that I hope weâ
  20. Feb 24, 2011
    My goodness, i havnt seen a game with this much character since UT3 and thats sayin sumthin. The game mechanics are great and a breath of fresh air. Its also a wicked fun time. U know what? im gonna go play it once i finish writing this review!
  21. Feb 24, 2011
    simply a game that does not function in all the aspects where not to jump is most evident ................................................................................................................................................................
  22. Feb 23, 2011
    The game is fun. but the main highlight is the story. multiplayer isn't so good. i like the way you get more points for creative kills but the controls are kind of bad. Multiplayer seems for like a hold off the waves of enemies kind of style. good for one time through but otherwise. guess when they said "tired of the same old shooter" in the trailer they meant they were making a worse one.The game is fun. but the main highlight is the story. multiplayer isn't so good. i like the way you get more points for creative kills but the controls are kind of bad. Multiplayer seems for like a hold off the waves of enemies kind of style. good for one time through but otherwise. guess when they said "tired of the same old shooter" in the trailer they meant they were making a worse one. I KNOW epic games can do better. Expand
  23. Feb 23, 2011
    Take the retarded cousin of Gears or War and the Unreal series, and give it a gun. The graphics are the only nice thing about this, and thats being generous. The story is what gets me, and when you add a point system for deaths on top of that, you lose me. With SO many other great FPS games out there, Id skip this one.
  24. Feb 23, 2011
    The fact that Epic's advertising of a Gears of War 3 beta was one of this game's primary marketing tactics is a little sad. This game could've easily sold me even without the promised beta (although it definitely helps). Many reviews that I have personally read are saying how disappointed they are and that the gameplay is a huge letdown. Ummm, if you watched any of the gameplay videos andThe fact that Epic's advertising of a Gears of War 3 beta was one of this game's primary marketing tactics is a little sad. This game could've easily sold me even without the promised beta (although it definitely helps). Many reviews that I have personally read are saying how disappointed they are and that the gameplay is a huge letdown. Ummm, if you watched any of the gameplay videos and did even a tiny bit of research, how exactly is it a letdown? I expected an intense, creative, visceral shooter that did not have any real competitive aspect to it. And that's exactly what I got. The primary multiplayer that is shown off is Anarchy Mode, which is basically just Gear's Horde Mode on roids. I don't understand what all of these people who were letdown were expecting. Were they expecting some ridiculously complex shooter that would last longer than COD and have an equal amount of replay vaue? Because if so, the ones who were letdown are clearly imbeciles that have no idea how to do proper research when looking into possible game purchases. The game's graphics are good, but not stellar. For those of you who thought they were going to be better, did you not watch gameplay videos? The single player campaign is much more polished than I expected, despite some repetitive environments. The dialogue is extremely funny the majority of the time, but when it's not, it's actually somewhat cheesy. I've also seen several reviews that gave it a lower score because it is "immature"...Once again, did you not do any research? The voice acting also exceeds my expectations, with most of it being very well done. The campaign contains some insane set pieces and awesome situations, ranging from outrunning colossal beats to fending off giant "grindwheels". The entire length on normal ranges from 6-8 hours, and despite its somewhat short length, it's very rewarding and worth a playthrough or two more. The skillshot system is over the top, and I found much entertainment in experimenting with different weapons and combinations to see what new skillshots I could produce. There's basically a skillshot for almost any sensible way to kill someone and some of them are quite hilarious. The core gameplay mechanics work extremely well and the gunplay is tight. The variety of weapons are amusing, although I am a little disappointed in the small number of them in Anarchy Mode available to you. Despite this, Anarchy Mode is a blast, constantly rewarding you with points to spend in-game as well as leveling up and character skin customization. It goes all the way up to level 65, so it will take awhile to achieve the maximum rank, although since I find it so entertaining, it's just another perk. However, there are only 5 maps, and the unique environmental kills on each of them tends to stale a little after grinding out wave after wave of enemies. The new downloadable content that was announced the release date is going to be set for a price at 800 Microsoft Points, consisting of 3 new maps, some new Echoes, and some other little things that slip my mind at the moment. Given the few maps we have to begin with, I think that this DLC should be free, and would easily boost the game's online playability by a large margin. Echo Mode isn't bad, but I can only play each Echo enough times until I get all of the achievements that require you to do so. I know that there are many others that can grind out a ton of points in each Echo, shooting for a new high score everytime, but that's not for me. Overall, Bulletstorm is exactly what i expected, and a little more. It's an over the top, insanely creative, and gory shooter that relies more on skill kills rather than headshots everytime. For that, it's commendable. I don't think that this game "changes everything", as mentioned in earlier reviews, nor does it revolutionize anything. This seems like a start to a great franchise, and I would love to see a sequel. If you're expecting this game to be what I mentioned earlier, then you won't be disappointed. If you're expecting the next COD, then you're an idiot and I'm glad you wasted your money. Expand
  25. Ltq
    Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm has its place in FPS history. It added something fresh into the genre. It has an interesting story. After playing that game for a while I got used to the kick and slide and I bet it's going to be hard playing another fps without those key features!
  26. Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed.Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed. That's when I realized that bulletstorm way is very addictive and enjoyable. It brings the challenge back to the FPS genre and that's something we miss out on lately, when games are all about short time movie like experience where the only challenges we get are ms achievements Expand
  27. Feb 23, 2011
    Wouldn't it be nice to get an idi0tfilter so Dbagz like Dantes777 went away?Bulletstorm is an fun game, and you're always trying to one up the next level. Echo is like Spec Ops in MW2 where you must rack up a certain amount of points to unlock more trials. MP is OK. The maps are very small and not many seem to be on.
  28. Feb 23, 2011
    Exactly what I wanted! Provides an INCREDIBLE backdrop for a fresh idea in the first person genre... plus it's freaking hilarious with all of the colorful language! Made for someone who grew up in the days of Arcade, and can enjoy getting the "highest score." It's not meant for COD loyalists, but it's definitely different if that's what you want :) Insane artwork!!! Most important, it's FUN!!!
  29. Feb 23, 2011
    i played this game but it was not was i was expecting at all. Singleplayer is very cheap, multiplayer does not exist. It is a shame it could have been a good game. The offering is not worth the money and i will try to sell it ASAP.
  30. Feb 23, 2011
    Absolutely love this game already. It reminds me of a cross between Gears of War, Call of Duty and a slight amount of Halo. It's had me cracking up on more than one occasion so far. Excellent game play. The controls feel very good. If you're into Gears or any first person shooter, do yourself a favor and check this one out. It won't disappoint.
  31. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  32. Feb 22, 2011
    Great controls. Great game play. Lots of humor. So far i've laughed and enjoyed this game a lot. Finding different ways to kill things is very enjoyable.
  33. Feb 22, 2011
    "Bulletstorm" offers something different then most other games that have came out lately. Unlike most FPS that pop out now a days "Bulletstorm" isn't trying to be that "super real war game" if you wont bragging rights for doing something this game is for you with the echo modes you see your scores against your friends. if your not the kind of person that like doing the same thing over and"Bulletstorm" offers something different then most other games that have came out lately. Unlike most FPS that pop out now a days "Bulletstorm" isn't trying to be that "super real war game" if you wont bragging rights for doing something this game is for you with the echo modes you see your scores against your friends. if your not the kind of person that like doing the same thing over and over again in shooters and wants to beat his friends asses this game is for you. Expand
  34. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS'sGreat game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS's out there, with weak single player and the same old Multi-Player. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy COD and look forward to Homefront, but this game is unique and I highly recommend it, Expand
  35. Feb 22, 2011
    i just cannot see the excitement for this game. It is fun for a very short time. Games have to offer much more. This game lacks on almost everything what a blockbuster game needs. The multiplayer is a joke actually. I am sorry, but i am really disappointed by this game.
  36. Feb 22, 2011
    The game looks good, but dont have history. Don't have cooperative and most important.... DONT JUMP!!!! c'mon... Killzone 3 is mucth better than this game.. 100%.
  37. Feb 22, 2011
    I just love it! Finally something fresh and fun. Totally different to what we have been fed in last couple of years. Very nice graphics and vistas. Had a lot of laughs and I think I'll be playing it again and again.
  38. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game breaks the boundaries in shooters area. It seemed that nothing new can come up. Well, Bulletstorm can. It is a mix of innovative ideas and the best thing of the past, which have almost been forgotten. Today again they bring us joy.
    After a day of playing I was amazed! I'm not finished yet but so far the campaign is great.
    Echo mode rocks!
    Graphic quality is very very high. OFC it's not a Crysis but come on... It's just wonderful.
    Sound is also very good.
    The only thing I don't like is lack of true multiplayer.
    But I'm in love with Bulletstorm anyway...
  39. Feb 22, 2011
    Simple as that: Bulletstorm is the most fun First Person Shooter I've played in my whole life. If you liked Gears of War you can't go wrong on this one. Go ahead, have a blast and wait for the sequel.
  40. Feb 22, 2011
    I don't know what GameCritic is thinking, but a 1 for Bulletstorm... That is ridicules! Looks like he works for Sony since he gave Killzone 3 a 9. Killzone which by the way is coming out on the same day as Bulletstorm, so he must be scared to death of it :) Bulletstorm is the best game I have played since the first modern warfare. It changes everything, just like MW did. Every shooterI don't know what GameCritic is thinking, but a 1 for Bulletstorm... That is ridicules! Looks like he works for Sony since he gave Killzone 3 a 9. Killzone which by the way is coming out on the same day as Bulletstorm, so he must be scared to death of it :) Bulletstorm is the best game I have played since the first modern warfare. It changes everything, just like MW did. Every shooter after Bulletstorm and I will be missing the kick button and the leash. Clearly a 10 in my book! Expand
  41. Feb 22, 2011
    Anyone check out GameCritic's page? 4 reviews, he gave Uncharted 2 a 10, Killzone 3 a 9, Bulletstorm for 360 a 1, and Bulletstorm for PS3 a 7! The Sony fanboy is hating. Take it from an honest reviewer, this is I good game
  42. Feb 22, 2011
    I feel it will be the best FPS of 2011. It is great to play it, defenetly better then Borderlans. It was great idea to implement skillpoints. There a TONS of way to kill eniemies, and it is fun to discover it.
  43. Feb 22, 2011
    THE GAME IS awesome the game have the amazing fun and great graphic do i need to tell other thing the game is great so it s the best first person shooter ever made masterpiece thank you epic games.release gears of war3 fast i can t wait
  44. Feb 22, 2011
    I could not expect less from Epic Games! As always, they did not disappoint me. This game is a masterpiece in a world where first person shooters are all the same.
  45. Feb 22, 2011
    Great and innovative over the top first person shooter. Very good visuals and a LOT of fun with killing enemies. Its just fun fun fun and more fun : )
    The multiplayer mode is good too, but not very big.
  46. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game with a lot of action and funny dialoges .Skillshots is very cool idea.
  47. Feb 22, 2011
    Hahaha im having so much fun with this game. Don't listen to the negative review. This is one of the most creative shooters ever made, and im only through act 1. Outrageous fun
  48. Feb 22, 2011
    im only through act 1, but i am enjoying it. feels fresh compared to all the military shooters out there. is this game of the year material? no, but its not trying to be. take it for what it is, a fun, over the top and pretty creative shooter
  49. Feb 22, 2011
    Picked it up midnight launch and I absolutely love it. Don't be suckered in by the Gears 3 beta, enjoy the game and having a good time. I loved this and this was NOT a disappointment.
  50. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bulletstorm is the most BADASS game ever made by human being. Really crazy weapons. Good story and nice multiplayer. What else do you want? Kill with skill baby! Expand

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Not a bad game, but also not a great one that misses the mark on a few levels, most notably the dialog for this gamer. I am sure there's a target market out there who eats this type of language up, and will be mimicking what they hear for a while, but sadly I am not this market.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is not only offering a lot of enemies to shoot. We did not expect such good character development and such an entertaining story.
  3. May 10, 2011
    I guess the question really comes down to whether Bulletstorm is worth your hard-earned gaming dollar. If you're a single-player campaign person, there is a fun and engaging story to be found. If you're into the multiplayer scene, I'd highly recommend getting the full version (you may want to calculate your new cost vs. used cost + 800 points). It is definately worth playing ... the question you need to answer for yourself is whether it's worth owning.