Bulletstorm Xbox 360

7.6

1. Feb 22, 2011
    I could not expect less from Epic Games! As always, they did not disappoint me. This game is a masterpiece in a world where first person shooters are all the same.
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    Ok so I'm going to give Bulletstorm the benefit of the doubt simply because it brings back that old- school shooter vibe pioneered by classics like Duke Nukem and Serious Sam. But to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed with this game mainly due to it's extremely linear and somewhat repetitive nature. You would think that the whole "skillshots" mechanic would carry the whole game fromOk so I'm going to give Bulletstorm the benefit of the doubt simply because it brings back that old- school shooter vibe pioneered by classics like Duke Nukem and Serious Sam. But to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed with this game mainly due to it's extremely linear and somewhat repetitive nature. You would think that the whole "skillshots" mechanic would carry the whole game from start to finish triumphantly on its shoulders, but shooting some guy in the jewels 8 times before punting him into a chasm DOES get old after the 100th time. Trust me. Don't get me wrong, Bulletstorm is a really enjoyable game overall. The graphics are gorgeous and the setting comes off as a Doctor Seuss world from Hell (props to whoever did the art for this game) and the weapons and skillshots are really unique for the most part. The characters and writing are also enjoyable and funny albeit somewhat immature at times. I mean, I'm an 18 year old male and 50 dick jokes every level get old. Just don't expect this to be a game that will hold your interest for months on end mainly due to the repetitive nature of the game and short campaign which clocks in under 10 hours if you're a half decent FPS player. Expand
  3. Feb 28, 2011
    Bulletstorm excels at what it is aimed for which is to take the generic, boring FPS which the series is destined for and throws it out the window. Unless you are a hardcore serious military shooter, or a snooty person that gets offended by vulgarity you will have fun playing this game. The skillshot system adds a nice touch to the gameplay with some cool and funny kills that no otherBulletstorm excels at what it is aimed for which is to take the generic, boring FPS which the series is destined for and throws it out the window. Unless you are a hardcore serious military shooter, or a snooty person that gets offended by vulgarity you will have fun playing this game. The skillshot system adds a nice touch to the gameplay with some cool and funny kills that no other game recently has. It also has Anarchy mode which is like Gears' horde mode but with a purpose to get the most points possible as a team. I must say playing through anarchy with my friend quite a few times it doesnt get stale like horde mode. There are a few things they could iron out like the guys not dying how they should but it rarely ruins the mood. People that are expecting PVP multiplayer clearly didnt think it through. Imagine getting leashed and flying through the air helplessly as you are killed with no chance of fighting back. Also imagine getting hit with a flailgun and being wrapped up while you walk around. It just wouldnt keep the feel of the game and to be honest would be just plain irritating. I must admit Echos mode which is like a time trial for points isnt really all that fun because its just the campaign all over again and doesnt really hold the competitive aspect its supposed to. Bottom line is that this game isnt like any other and is a breath of fresh air for the FPS genre. Expand
  4. Feb 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a great game and a good way to take a break from games that take themselves so deadly seriously and to just have some fun. I doubt anyone one would want to play for the story anyway. It has a creative point system called skill shots, where you try to kill people in new and challenging ways. You don't jump (That is, you don't NEED to), and the dialogue can get a little stale,Bulletstorm is a great game and a good way to take a break from games that take themselves so deadly seriously and to just have some fun. I doubt anyone one would want to play for the story anyway. It has a creative point system called skill shots, where you try to kill people in new and challenging ways. You don't jump (That is, you don't NEED to), and the dialogue can get a little stale, but this doesn't really subtract from the overall experience of the game. All in all, People Can Fly did a good job making a over the top game that wasn't completely stupid. Expand
  5. Feb 24, 2011
    My goodness, i havnt seen a game with this much character since UT3 and thats sayin sumthin. The game mechanics are great and a breath of fresh air. Its also a wicked fun time. U know what? im gonna go play it once i finish writing this review!
  6. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bulletstorm is the most BADASS game ever made by human being. Really crazy weapons. Good story and nice multiplayer. What else do you want? Kill with skill baby! Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    Anyone check out GameCritic's page? 4 reviews, he gave Uncharted 2 a 10, Killzone 3 a 9, Bulletstorm for 360 a 1, and Bulletstorm for PS3 a 7! The Sony fanboy is hating. Take it from an honest reviewer, this is I good game
  8. Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed.Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed. That's when I realized that bulletstorm way is very addictive and enjoyable. It brings the challenge back to the FPS genre and that's something we miss out on lately, when games are all about short time movie like experience where the only challenges we get are ms achievements Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game breaks the boundaries in shooters area. It seemed that nothing new can come up. Well, Bulletstorm can. It is a mix of innovative ideas and the best thing of the past, which have almost been forgotten. Today again they bring us joy.
    After a day of playing I was amazed! I'm not finished yet but so far the campaign is great.
    Echo mode rocks!
    Graphic quality is very very high. OFC it's not a Crysis but come on... It's just wonderful.
    Sound is also very good.
    The only thing I don't like is lack of true multiplayer.
    But I'm in love with Bulletstorm anyway...
  10. Feb 27, 2011
    The most fun I've had in a first person shooter in a long time, if not ever. To get the obvious out of the way, sound, grafics and level design are superb, among the best you will find in any game. It's incredible with how much detail the levels are designed, which tend to be very colorful and atmospheric.

But what makes Bulletstorm truly great is it's gameplay. Take the fast paced action of Unreal and Quake, and mix it with hefty dose of Street Fighter 4's intricate strategies and combos and this is what you get. Instead of just sitting behind cover and dispatching one enemy after another, the game actively encourages you to setup devastating skillshots that can obliterate entire groups of enemies with a single shot. Each encounter is a puzzle to solve in the most efficient and brutal way.

Bulletstorm is just as much a twitch action game as it is a thinking man's game. Bulletstorm is very fresh in it's approach, but at the same time also very oldschool with it's arcade like approach, where it's not just about winning, but winning with style and getting the biggest highscore.

Bulletstorm is truly a gamer's game, much more than any Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield or Killzone.
  11. Ltq
    Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm has its place in FPS history. It added something fresh into the genre. It has an interesting story. After playing that game for a while I got used to the kick and slide and I bet it's going to be hard playing another fps without those key features!
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    Simple as that: Bulletstorm is the most fun First Person Shooter I've played in my whole life. If you liked Gears of War you can't go wrong on this one. Go ahead, have a blast and wait for the sequel.
  13. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS'sGreat game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS's out there, with weak single player and the same old Multi-Player. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy COD and look forward to Homefront, but this game is unique and I highly recommend it, Expand
  14. Feb 22, 2011
    Great controls. Great game play. Lots of humor. So far i've laughed and enjoyed this game a lot. Finding different ways to kill things is very enjoyable.
  15. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  16. Feb 23, 2011
    Absolutely love this game already. It reminds me of a cross between Gears of War, Call of Duty and a slight amount of Halo. It's had me cracking up on more than one occasion so far. Excellent game play. The controls feel very good. If you're into Gears or any first person shooter, do yourself a favor and check this one out. It won't disappoint.
  17. Feb 26, 2011
    The epic games did a wonderful game with a lot of action and blood,i really enjoyed this game ,ive never hourded about people can fly but they did an awesome game.
  18. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game with a lot of action and funny dialoges .Skillshots is very cool idea.
  19. Feb 23, 2011
    The fact that Epic's advertising of a Gears of War 3 beta was one of this game's primary marketing tactics is a little sad. This game could've easily sold me even without the promised beta (although it definitely helps). Many reviews that I have personally read are saying how disappointed they are and that the gameplay is a huge letdown. Ummm, if you watched any of the gameplay videos andThe fact that Epic's advertising of a Gears of War 3 beta was one of this game's primary marketing tactics is a little sad. This game could've easily sold me even without the promised beta (although it definitely helps). Many reviews that I have personally read are saying how disappointed they are and that the gameplay is a huge letdown. Ummm, if you watched any of the gameplay videos and did even a tiny bit of research, how exactly is it a letdown? I expected an intense, creative, visceral shooter that did not have any real competitive aspect to it. And that's exactly what I got. The primary multiplayer that is shown off is Anarchy Mode, which is basically just Gear's Horde Mode on roids. I don't understand what all of these people who were letdown were expecting. Were they expecting some ridiculously complex shooter that would last longer than COD and have an equal amount of replay vaue? Because if so, the ones who were letdown are clearly imbeciles that have no idea how to do proper research when looking into possible game purchases. The game's graphics are good, but not stellar. For those of you who thought they were going to be better, did you not watch gameplay videos? The single player campaign is much more polished than I expected, despite some repetitive environments. The dialogue is extremely funny the majority of the time, but when it's not, it's actually somewhat cheesy. I've also seen several reviews that gave it a lower score because it is "immature"...Once again, did you not do any research? The voice acting also exceeds my expectations, with most of it being very well done. The campaign contains some insane set pieces and awesome situations, ranging from outrunning colossal beats to fending off giant "grindwheels". The entire length on normal ranges from 6-8 hours, and despite its somewhat short length, it's very rewarding and worth a playthrough or two more. The skillshot system is over the top, and I found much entertainment in experimenting with different weapons and combinations to see what new skillshots I could produce. There's basically a skillshot for almost any sensible way to kill someone and some of them are quite hilarious. The core gameplay mechanics work extremely well and the gunplay is tight. The variety of weapons are amusing, although I am a little disappointed in the small number of them in Anarchy Mode available to you. Despite this, Anarchy Mode is a blast, constantly rewarding you with points to spend in-game as well as leveling up and character skin customization. It goes all the way up to level 65, so it will take awhile to achieve the maximum rank, although since I find it so entertaining, it's just another perk. However, there are only 5 maps, and the unique environmental kills on each of them tends to stale a little after grinding out wave after wave of enemies. The new downloadable content that was announced the release date is going to be set for a price at 800 Microsoft Points, consisting of 3 new maps, some new Echoes, and some other little things that slip my mind at the moment. Given the few maps we have to begin with, I think that this DLC should be free, and would easily boost the game's online playability by a large margin. Echo Mode isn't bad, but I can only play each Echo enough times until I get all of the achievements that require you to do so. I know that there are many others that can grind out a ton of points in each Echo, shooting for a new high score everytime, but that's not for me. Overall, Bulletstorm is exactly what i expected, and a little more. It's an over the top, insanely creative, and gory shooter that relies more on skill kills rather than headshots everytime. For that, it's commendable. I don't think that this game "changes everything", as mentioned in earlier reviews, nor does it revolutionize anything. This seems like a start to a great franchise, and I would love to see a sequel. If you're expecting this game to be what I mentioned earlier, then you won't be disappointed. If you're expecting the next COD, then you're an idiot and I'm glad you wasted your money. Expand
  20. Feb 23, 2011
    Wouldn't it be nice to get an idi0tfilter so Dbagz like Dantes777 went away?Bulletstorm is an fun game, and you're always trying to one up the next level. Echo is like Spec Ops in MW2 where you must rack up a certain amount of points to unlock more trials. MP is OK. The maps are very small and not many seem to be on.
  21. Feb 27, 2011
    Never in a million years I'd suspect that such an over the top game like Bulletstorm will find its place not only on my shelf, but also in my heart. Based on the marketing campaign, as a female gamer I have expected nothing but a testosterone-filled machismo and score-point based gameplay (which is fine for Angry Birds, but I expect something else from my big console games).

Anyway, let's

Anyway, let's cut the long story short. Bulletstorm is only partially what I have imagined: yes, it's pretty, yes, there's testosterone, yes, there's OTT. There's also a soul, something missing from games - should I say "products"? - lately. Some moments are mind blowing (Wallington P. Tallylicker - you will miss him) and something I have never seen in games. The shocker is that there is a story, and while it's nothing more but "adventure movie", it's better than ...any shooter I have ever played. Skillshots are fun, and while I don't feel like I need to compete for the higher score, I still wanted to get that "one more try".

It's sad to see thue user score for this game artifically lowered by the fans of Killzone, but I have decided to award this game with 10 not to offset their shenanigans, but because it simply deserves it. Really something special.
  22. Mar 6, 2011
    OK, so its a stop gap as we wait for Duke Nukem, but its not just a stop gap its far more than Gears of Bore and allot more fun than Call of Run, Shoot, Die & Repeat Duty. with great cheesy dialogue and frantic game play a wonderful multiplier system its just great fun, its not gonna keep you playing for ever but it certainly will entertain you when ever your bored. i really like its myOK, so its a stop gap as we wait for Duke Nukem, but its not just a stop gap its far more than Gears of Bore and allot more fun than Call of Run, Shoot, Die & Repeat Duty. with great cheesy dialogue and frantic game play a wonderful multiplier system its just great fun, its not gonna keep you playing for ever but it certainly will entertain you when ever your bored. i really like its my current hour to spare game. Expand
  23. Feb 22, 2011
    Picked it up midnight launch and I absolutely love it. Don't be suckered in by the Gears 3 beta, enjoy the game and having a good time. I loved this and this was NOT a disappointment.
  24. Feb 22, 2011
    Hahaha im having so much fun with this game. Don't listen to the negative review. This is one of the most creative shooters ever made, and im only through act 1. Outrageous fun
  25. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude ofBulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude of skill shots amaze as does the ability of writers to come up with new and often hysterical ways of using swear words. If you are looking for an intelligent paced shooter do not look here. Bulletstorm is endlessly replayable and offers modes such as echoes to try to up your score and top friends scores. The multiplayer is solid but could use a few tweaks but overall it is a nice bonus. I am still anxiously awaiting Gears of War 3 but until September arrives this "Blood Symphony" will be enough to sate my thirst. Expand
  26. Feb 22, 2011
    Great and innovative over the top first person shooter. Very good visuals and a LOT of fun with killing enemies. Its just fun fun fun and more fun : )
    The multiplayer mode is good too, but not very big.
  27. Feb 22, 2011
    im only through act 1, but i am enjoying it. feels fresh compared to all the military shooters out there. is this game of the year material? no, but its not trying to be. take it for what it is, a fun, over the top and pretty creative shooter
  28. Feb 22, 2011
    I feel it will be the best FPS of 2011. It is great to play it, defenetly better then Borderlans. It was great idea to implement skillpoints. There a TONS of way to kill eniemies, and it is fun to discover it.
  29. Feb 22, 2011
    I just love it! Finally something fresh and fun. Totally different to what we have been fed in last couple of years. Very nice graphics and vistas. Had a lot of laughs and I think I'll be playing it again and again.
  30. Feb 23, 2011
    Exactly what I wanted! Provides an INCREDIBLE backdrop for a fresh idea in the first person genre... plus it's freaking hilarious with all of the colorful language! Made for someone who grew up in the days of Arcade, and can enjoy getting the "highest score." It's not meant for COD loyalists, but it's definitely different if that's what you want :) Insane artwork!!! Most important, it's FUN!!!

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Not a bad game, but also not a great one that misses the mark on a few levels, most notably the dialog for this gamer. I am sure there's a target market out there who eats this type of language up, and will be mimicking what they hear for a while, but sadly I am not this market.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is not only offering a lot of enemies to shoot. We did not expect such good character development and such an entertaining story.
  3. May 10, 2011
    I guess the question really comes down to whether Bulletstorm is worth your hard-earned gaming dollar. If you're a single-player campaign person, there is a fun and engaging story to be found. If you're into the multiplayer scene, I'd highly recommend getting the full version (you may want to calculate your new cost vs. used cost + 800 points). It is definately worth playing ... the question you need to answer for yourself is whether it's worth owning.