5.1

1. MattG.
    Jul 12, 2007
    After playing this "game", and I use the term loosely, I thought "hey guys, wouldn't it be fun to see just lhow bad a metacritic average this game got?" Lone behold when I looked it up I was stunned, nay, ultrashocked to discover it managed to pull off more than a 50! GAMERS BE WARNED! listen not to this metacritic average! this is by far-BY FAR- the worst game I have ever played. After playing this "game", and I use the term loosely, I thought "hey guys, wouldn't it be fun to see just lhow bad a metacritic average this game got?" Lone behold when I looked it up I was stunned, nay, ultrashocked to discover it managed to pull off more than a 50! GAMERS BE WARNED! listen not to this metacritic average! this is by far-BY FAR- the worst game I have ever played. HUNTING ENTHUSIASTS BE WARNED! this game contains bullet time... thats right.... your hunter is essentially keanu reeves. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS BE WARNED! in about 20 minutes I managed to kill about 30 birds, 20 dogs, 5 leapords, 30 deer and deer related mammals, and like, I don't know 3 rhino's? WTF! I kid you not you can run faster than the deer in this game, you don't have to hunt them you just run the animals down. Its fricken hilariously bad! In conclusion, good job cabela, I've been wating a long time for a game to out suck Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness and you managed to pull it off. Expand

1. The game's underpowered scopes and wonky ballistics are often exasperating--long shots are tough, and point blank encounters sometimes are even tougher. [Feb. 2007, p.80]
  2. While surely not for everyone from just the title and subject matter alone, Cabela’s African Safari does serve up some decent gaming for a cheapy title focused on shooting something other than a human.
    While the campy nature of African Safari is good for a few laughs, they are at the game's own expense. Hunting fans will have to wait yet again for the next -- and first -- great hunting game.