5.1

1. Gingerman
    Jan 5, 2007
    First of all...I cant believe this site doesnt have "saints row" rating listed in the rewieved games. and secondly, I can't believe nobody rated this game you are reading about now...cabelas safari has been out for quite some time now. this is an outrage!. Sites and magazines only rate games with hypes these days?...gears of war this, gears of wars that!...go suck on a lolypop First of all...I cant believe this site doesnt have "saints row" rating listed in the rewieved games. and secondly, I can't believe nobody rated this game you are reading about now...cabelas safari has been out for quite some time now. this is an outrage!. Sites and magazines only rate games with hypes these days?...gears of war this, gears of wars that!...go suck on a lolypop idiots. anyway...this game is fun, but not so much fun. first of all the animals dissapear too quickly after you kill them, and there is no blood. so you cannot hang over your fresh kill and examine your animal...WHAT? who dropped the ball on this?...this is a hunting game and, well....the animal dissapears by the time you approach your kill. Just plain stupid. The crew behind this game went to the trouble of using rag dolls for every animal...yeah, thank you guys...if only I can SEE the dead animal...nope, it just dissapears in about 6 seconds. absolute, nonsense, garbage. the graphics are allright, considering its a cabela game...they are magnificent!...because I vaguely remember the other cabela games as being painted on the screen by monkeys...so this is an improvement. here's the thing though...you know, i can go and hunt rad doll deers in the elder scrolls 4 oblivion game...plus do like 6000 other things...so, why do I even bother playing african safari?...activison needs to realize its next gen time, and at least give us bigger maps, more animals...and for god sakes...dead animals that just STAY there on the ground, like real dead animals would. Ova and out...peace. Expand
  2. FloridaGunslinger
    Nov 30, 2006
    Terrible graphics. More reminiscent of Nintendo 64 than worthy of the 360. Gameplay OK, but very frustrating.
  3. GrafixGuerilla
    Dec 27, 2006
    Better than Alaskan Adventure, The graphics are a step up from it too. If you like hunting games, give this one a shot. The herd hunting is a nice addition. First aid kits, shopping and out-of-shape hunters are done away with in Safari also!

1. The game's underpowered scopes and wonky ballistics are often exasperating--long shots are tough, and point blank encounters sometimes are even tougher. [Feb. 2007, p.80]
  2. While surely not for everyone from just the title and subject matter alone, Cabela’s African Safari does serve up some decent gaming for a cheapy title focused on shooting something other than a human.
    While the campy nature of African Safari is good for a few laughs, they are at the game's own expense. Hunting fans will have to wait yet again for the next -- and first -- great hunting game.