8.2

1. Jul 17, 2011
    The First great Shooter for the Xbox 360? You bet your whole 120 million dollar mansion it is. Not only that, but out of all the games in the Call Of Duty Franchise, this is the best. No, that's underestimating it. It is the ULTIMATE Call Of Duty Game to have. It is Infinity Ward's Masterpiece. Call of Duty 2, best played on the 360, is a testament to the modern day First Person Shooter.The First great Shooter for the Xbox 360? You bet your whole 120 million dollar mansion it is. Not only that, but out of all the games in the Call Of Duty Franchise, this is the best. No, that's underestimating it. It is the ULTIMATE Call Of Duty Game to have. It is Infinity Ward's Masterpiece. Call of Duty 2, best played on the 360, is a testament to the modern day First Person Shooter. Unlike the original Call Of Duty, Call Of Duty 2 takes us to places in the war more epic and diverse than the Original. Normandy, the greatest and most gruesome battle of the War, is portrayed in CoD2. North Africa is portrayed in CoD2. Moscow is portrayed in CoD2. Stalingrad is portrayed in CoD2. It is an amazing experience. Not only that, but multiplayer is kick-ass awesome aswell. Very rrare in the Call Of Duty series a GREAT CAMPAIGN and GREAT MULTIPLAYER. Only two other in the Call Of Duty titles achieve this. Well done, Infinity Ward! Expand
  2. Dec 10, 2011
    For a FPS that was made in 2005 this holds up extremely well, the campaign is epic and one of the best in the series, and the graphics look great for a game that came out in 2005, and the sound design is still top notch and fantastic, and if you've played a recent Call of Duty game you'll have no problem playing this as the controls are identical, the only thing different from this andFor a FPS that was made in 2005 this holds up extremely well, the campaign is epic and one of the best in the series, and the graphics look great for a game that came out in 2005, and the sound design is still top notch and fantastic, and if you've played a recent Call of Duty game you'll have no problem playing this as the controls are identical, the only thing different from this and newer Call of Duty games is that there isn't a sprint option and there isn't a knife but you do have a riffle butt so melee attacks aren't a one hit kill, and you will still be able to find a multiplayer match every now and then, and the multiplayer is still fun but flawed, I like the fact that you can change classes in the middle of a match which is cool, but the fact that you can change teams in the middle of a match so if your team is losing you can just jump on the others is a huge flaw, but obviously you'll just play a newer Call of Duty for your multiplayer fix, but it's still cool to play a match or two just to see how far it's come from then, the best part about this is the fantastic campaign which is action packed and will keep you coming back, honestly I have to say I loved this and that it's the best World War 2 FPS I've ever played, and this is a must play for Call of Duty, World War 2, or FPS fans, or just people who like to play fantastic games, I highly recommend. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    This is my favorite shooter ever. Great play and feel. Perfects controls. Completely balanced. Good graphics for it's time. THIS is the game that started the COD franchise. Single player was definitely fun and made me feel like I was in a war. It was excitement and full of emotion. Multiplayer was the best multiplayer experience I've ever had on a game. No BS perks and killstreaks like theThis is my favorite shooter ever. Great play and feel. Perfects controls. Completely balanced. Good graphics for it's time. THIS is the game that started the COD franchise. Single player was definitely fun and made me feel like I was in a war. It was excitement and full of emotion. Multiplayer was the best multiplayer experience I've ever had on a game. No BS perks and killstreaks like the newer CODs. Just a man and his gun. (And a grenade or launcher or to). Expand
  4. Jul 19, 2011
    For a game that is like six years old, this i what is Call of Duty in one hundred percent . Adrenaline and non stop action is what you expect. The single player is enough to satisfy every one, in fact even better than all the short campaigns of the latest entries. Have a problem with Multiplayer? don't complain because is as addictive as ever.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    The second greatest COD ever made the story was good the guns were good the maps were fun it was a great game but there was no sprinting and the game gets a tad clunky at times
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    Call of Duty 2 is a very addictive game, if you like these WW2 weapons more than all those modern high-tech stuff this game is great, The rifle only servers in the multiplayer can keep you going for ages.

I've been playing this game since 2005 and have played over 4000 hours now.
  7. May 13, 2012
    This game is really really really really good. I think this is good and excellent graphics. But the bad thing is that the price is too low. It needs to get higher. Because it is better than the oh so famous and stupid MW3. Thank you for your time.
  8. Oct 26, 2012
    Still the best Second World War first person shooter I have ever played!
    Unfortunately, although the graphics in Call of Duty 3 were superficially better, it was glitchy and the game play was not as good.
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    Awe-inspiring visuals and sound, brilliantly high-octane gameplay, and a beautiful sense of simplicity highlight "Call Of Duty 2," Infinity Ward's perfect farewell to the WWII shooter genre.
  10. AWG
    Jul 27, 2013
    A 2006 FPS that still looks and sounds beautiful in 2013? That's enough to describe how awesome the second installment of the Call of Duty saga was, and still is. Vasiliiiiiii!!!!
  11. Dec 25, 2013
    The sequel in the series Call Of Duty is far better than my expectations. With 3 separate campaigns (Russian, British and American) and over 30 missions in total, outstanding variety of weapons for you to select, and enemy AIs being a lot more brilliant fighting with strategies, I' sure you certainly will not be disappointed.
  12. Jan 11, 2014
    This game has stood the test of time, I still think back to the Normandy beach landing and making my way through the trenches 8 years on. This was truly the last great Call of Duty with an immersive single player campaign. The Normandy beach landing was COD at it's best and is the best setting to show off there skills of an action packed scene of bullets and explosions, this was gaming'sThis game has stood the test of time, I still think back to the Normandy beach landing and making my way through the trenches 8 years on. This was truly the last great Call of Duty with an immersive single player campaign. The Normandy beach landing was COD at it's best and is the best setting to show off there skills of an action packed scene of bullets and explosions, this was gaming's Saving Private Ryan. If your after a great WWII game this is the best and most memorable I have played. Expand
  13. Feb 24, 2014
    If you've already played the first game, then you know what to expect with this game. First off, the campaign once features 3 playable factions, Marines, UK, and Soviet Union. Also, unlike the first one, you no longer have a health bar, your health regenerates instead, making a little bit easier than the first. Overall, a great campaign. The mulitplayer on the other hand is pretty much theIf you've already played the first game, then you know what to expect with this game. First off, the campaign once features 3 playable factions, Marines, UK, and Soviet Union. Also, unlike the first one, you no longer have a health bar, your health regenerates instead, making a little bit easier than the first. Overall, a great campaign. The mulitplayer on the other hand is pretty much the same as the first, except your teammates can't kill you and there is one less mode then the first. But the game runs at a consistent 60 FPS, and has major improvement and much better graphics than the first. Overall, superb game, 9.5/10. Expand

1. The definitive, most universally appealing WWII title ever made. It's not that the game does anything more or less than its digital brothers in arms, far from it, but instead it strips the genre down to the bare essentials and this turns it into one of the most pure shooters we've seen for some time.
    A freakin' work of art. It is, without a doubt, the best-looking console game to date, and the most psychotically intense World War II shooter to boot.
  3. Almost everything that makes the PC version one of the year's best shooters remains intact on the Xbox 360 version of the game, which looks just as good and actually runs smoother than all but the most beastly of gaming PCs.