8.5

1. JG
    Jan 3, 2008
    Awesome game, the best next gen FPS. The single player is flawless and multiplayer is addicting and fun. A must buy.
  2. EvanG.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This game is so realistic and so modern in aspect of the weapons except for the perks, but the perks are what makes Call of Duty a game. Overall, its sick and i give it a 10/10.
  3. RyanP.
    Jan 6, 2008
    Best game of 2007 and best FPS in a long time. Single player was a little short, but multiplayer part of the game makes up for it. I don't know why people would rate it a 1 or 3, but it is the best game of 2007 (yes, better than Halo 3).
  4. TravisM.
    Nov 10, 2007
    The most solid realistic FPS that I've ever played. I'm active duty Army (US Military) and must say that this game is the closest you can come to actual combat without having to wear the actual equipment and enlist. Might end up replacing Halo 1 as the best multiplayer FPS of all time. Only a few minor complaints with the perks in the game, but if you have a choice of this or The most solid realistic FPS that I've ever played. I'm active duty Army (US Military) and must say that this game is the closest you can come to actual combat without having to wear the actual equipment and enlist. Might end up replacing Halo 1 as the best multiplayer FPS of all time. Only a few minor complaints with the perks in the game, but if you have a choice of this or Halo 3... Buy this twice and give one to a friend. Expand
  5. RyanP
    Nov 8, 2007
    I don't know what the last person was talking about when he mentioned blu ray, I mean, if they made the campaign longer it would've been on both systems no matter what, but in this case, both the PS3 and 360 have the same, short campaign, but this is still a VERY excellent game on it's own. Let's hope the next CoD installment is longer. I mean, look at Halo 3!!
  6. GatorB.
    Nov 8, 2007
    This is the year of the FPS for the 360. Halo 3, Bioshock, Orange Box, and now COD4! The multiplayer is excellent.
  7. SteveM.
    Nov 9, 2007
    This is the best FPS I have ever played. The multiplayer rivals the polish and tight execution of even Halo 3. The campaign, which I am currently working on, is filled with some of the most beautiful graphics, sound, level design, and gameplay I have ever witnessed. Other FPS' may offer different innovations and have their own respective advantages, but overall, this is the best game This is the best FPS I have ever played. The multiplayer rivals the polish and tight execution of even Halo 3. The campaign, which I am currently working on, is filled with some of the most beautiful graphics, sound, level design, and gameplay I have ever witnessed. Other FPS' may offer different innovations and have their own respective advantages, but overall, this is the best game of this genre I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Expand
  8. DC
    Oct 2, 2007
    This game is the one of the best war games ever. Online play is excellent you can actually play with your friends by inviting them to your party and searching for a game together. The action is intense, none stop bullets flying by you head, explosions everywhere, call for air strikes from above, or helicopter support. The developers of COD4 finally figured out how to defeat the art ofThis game is the one of the best war games ever. Online play is excellent you can actually play with your friends by inviting them to your party and searching for a game together. The action is intense, none stop bullets flying by you head, explosions everywhere, call for air strikes from above, or helicopter support. The developers of COD4 finally figured out how to defeat the art of spawn killing, I love the random spawning. Great game a must have, GRAW2 and RAINBOW need to take a back seat to COD4. Expand
  9. NickK.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Best MP game ever made, runs 60 fps on the 360, I have not ever had a drop yet. Game is a beauty and gives reason to keep playing. SP was the most cinematic game I have played for an FPS. Great Job Infinity Ward, 2 thumbs way up
  10. JAMESV.
    May 1, 2008
    It is a great campaign but it is to short. but the best part is it is realy great/emence online. (if you dont have live then you might not like it.)
  11. JamesT.
    May 1, 2008
    Amazing graphics, Good single player, and absolutely astonishing online play.
  12. MikeW.
    Jan 20, 2010
    This was a great FPS game in addition to the Call of Duty series. Before I played MW1, I first played MW2, and upon finding it fun and later stumbled on to Metacritic to discover the high scores its prequel has received, is when I had decided to buy it. I had to give this game a score of 10 in order to make up for some of other people's mistake of accidentally giving MW1 a lower This was a great FPS game in addition to the Call of Duty series. Before I played MW1, I first played MW2, and upon finding it fun and later stumbled on to Metacritic to discover the high scores its prequel has received, is when I had decided to buy it. I had to give this game a score of 10 in order to make up for some of other people's mistake of accidentally giving MW1 a lower score such as zero while the comment was purely praising it. Simple mistake people do, and simple fix that we can do. Expand
  13. PapaDoc
    Feb 11, 2010
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Is by far one of the best games I have every played for the Xbox 360. I didn't think it would live up to hype so I rented it first. Kept it two weeks over due then went to Gamestop and bought it. I have gotten my $60.00 worth .The graphics are excellent and the controls are tight. The story is good for a war shooter game. I am so glad Infinity Ward Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Is by far one of the best games I have every played for the Xbox 360. I didn't think it would live up to hype so I rented it first. Kept it two weeks over due then went to Gamestop and bought it. I have gotten my $60.00 worth .The graphics are excellent and the controls are tight. The story is good for a war shooter game. I am so glad Infinity Ward made a modern warfare game, instead on another WWII game. I have nothing against them, but I was a big Medal of Honor player when it was on the PS1, so I am kind of getting tired of this concept, and the crappy guns. In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare it brings in a believe story which is interesting the campaign is good and challenging especially the last final mission (High Mile Club good luck beating it on Veteran) This is also one of the most completive multiplayer game I have every played. Multiplayer is where the game really shines as there is a lot of modes to play in. My personal favorite is Domination (it's a great mode to perfecta your aiming skills.) But there are other modes such as one on one, team death match, and etc. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a perfect FPS for the Xbox 360, and for someone that has both consoles (PS3 and XBOX 360). If you are deciding which system to get it for, I would suggest getting it for the Xbox 360. I have play the PS3 version, the graphics are the same and the sound is the same, but to me it felt better on the Xbox 360 as FPS shooters typically control better for the 360. Ergo Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3. But it still a great game for the PS3 just takes a while to handle. Also if you're an achievement hound then the Xbox 360 is the way to go anyway. This is the first time I played a Call of Duty game so I hope the rest are just as good. So to sum this up, just buy this game you won't be mad and the replay value is very high, I bought it last November and I'm still playing it. Now please excuse me I have someone sending me an invite to play COD4. Expand
  14. DavidWorsham
    Nov 2, 2007
    Absolutely amazing! Best game of the year, hands down.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Best FPS on the current generation of consoles, hands down.
  16. MikeR.
    Nov 7, 2007
    This game is so cool, the multiplayer is awesome and the campaign is also awesome. Perfect 10! This game is gaming at its best! YAHHHHHH
  17. EricO.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Best FPS I have ever played.
  18. CalebT.
    Nov 7, 2007
    This game is FANTASTIC. I was a little disapointed by the last one but this game more than makes up for it with it's overall intensity. From the excelent sneaking missions to the hectic urban battles, this game has it all. Look out Halo, Bioshock, Gears of War and the Orange Box, there is a new champ in town and it's called Call of Duty 4.
  19. ImaC.
    Nov 8, 2007
    If you like fps and tons of action... this game is for you. I've played them all and this sits on top of my list. You cannot go wrong with this game... I've already decided the moment I finish I will start it again. Live is awesome as well...! buy this...
  20. NeilVitro
    Nov 9, 2007
    One rare, AWESOME, compelling, realistic, incredible gaming experience. It IS too short, because it is so much fun that you can't bear for it to end. Upon beating it, I immediately started playing through it again.
  21. StuartD.
    Oct 31, 2007
    What an amazing game, nothing like it on the 360 that compares to this beauty.
  22. CMode
    Jan 17, 2008
    Absolutey AMAZING in every aspect except length, but that is made up for with the hours spent playing multiplayer!!!
  23. MaxS.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Simply put "the fun never stops" . From the training course, to the end assault at 20000 feet, this game just rocks. Oh yeah the Multiplayer is pretty good too!
  24. TonyG.
    Jan 3, 2008
    SINGLE PLAYER: Who cares? MULTIPLAYER: 96+ game hours and it's still awesome--CoD 4 is the best FPS available on a console. You can kit out your player for whatever style you want--sniping, run & gun, explosives, heavy support fire, and just about any other bizarre combo that you can dream up. Best of all, you can make these ideas work--no one style is dominant. Graphics are SINGLE PLAYER: Who cares? MULTIPLAYER: 96+ game hours and it's still awesome--CoD 4 is the best FPS available on a console. You can kit out your player for whatever style you want--sniping, run & gun, explosives, heavy support fire, and just about any other bizarre combo that you can dream up. Best of all, you can make these ideas work--no one style is dominant. Graphics are phenomenal, boards are expansive and well thought out, and the sound effects are great. After awhile, you can even pick out the reports of the different types of guns. Buy / rent this title if you're looking for insane multiplayer FPS. Expand
  25. J.D.
    Jan 7, 2008
    Fantastic single player + multiplayer with gorgeous graphics make this an easy purchase. Forget Halo and buy this game. You'll understand when you are launching bombs from an AC-130 and watching the guys on the screen fly all directions.
  26. JamesP.
    Jan 8, 2008
    i have finished the game and i thought it had everything it was superb and it was detailed with great first person shooting and cant wait for call of duty 5 to come out
  27. HughGRection
    Mar 10, 2008
    Sweet. IMO best game of 2007.
  28. LoganC.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Great story plot, Amazing graphics, Realistic environments, if your looking for experience thats like actual combat this close to it.
  29. JoeL.
    Apr 30, 2008
    This game ROCKS. It may have a few flaw, but I can't think of them right now because of how fun and addicting this game is. The multi player aspect of the game is awesome. This is a must have, but it will ruin you because you won't be able to play any of your other FPS games.
  30. DaylandM.
    May 7, 2008
    Its the perfect online multiplayer experience. Every fps that came before paved the way for this, the ultimate online experience. It borrows a little from every game that came before it, to our benefit as critical gamers. I sincerely hope that by raising the bar for everyone else, some game company will be motivated to exceed what COD4:MW has achieved.

1. Simply put, Call of Duty 4 does everything right and nearly nothing wrong. But where it elevates itself above even the best 360 shooters is how all of the good stuff is ludicrously good. The campaign never lets up, while multiplayer is a triple-A affair in itself. [Dec 2007, p.36]
  2. COD4 is cutting-edge entertainment, but the downside to this dense and gripping delivery is that it's over far too quickly: five to six hours on Normal difficulty...COD4 is short but immensely satisfying and we can't wait for a post-modern revival. [Dec 2007, p.73]
    Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.