4.9

1. Jun 28, 2011
    I absolutely love almost all of the map pack. First, the zombies map, Shangri-La. Shangri-La is an interesting, innovative, challenging, and fun zombies map. It offers an entirely new feel to zombies. This map features tons of traps that have to be used to succeed. The map definitely gets frustrating sometimes, especially with the punji spikes and the maze. It is difficult to find your wayI absolutely love almost all of the map pack. First, the zombies map, Shangri-La. Shangri-La is an interesting, innovative, challenging, and fun zombies map. It offers an entirely new feel to zombies. This map features tons of traps that have to be used to succeed. The map definitely gets frustrating sometimes, especially with the punji spikes and the maze. It is difficult to find your way around the map, and is easy to get trapped. In order to do well, you have to perfectly know the entire map, and the aspect of it, and correctly use them. It is definitely the most challenging of all of the zombies maps. It might seem at first that it will be a light map, but once you start playing, you realize that it is a quick-paced game that keeps you scared of what will be around the upcoming corner. Second, the MP maps. I think the MP maps are great. Silo is a large map with tons of hiding and sniping spots. It is probably the best map to get killstreaks on. However, it is my least favorite because it feels too different from the types of maps you want in COD. It is too big and takes too long to find enemies. Hangar-18 is an overall great map. There are great sniping spots on the sides, that look upon the SR-71. There is also great close range action at and on the SR-71. The snipers battle to take out the close-range fighters and other snipers, while the close-range combatants fight to take over the SR-71. The building connecting to the plane provides great protection of allies on the plane. Overall, it is a great map that provides fun combat for snipers, long range shooters, and close range shooters. Drive-in is a good map that provides great close quarters combat. However, it is not as great as the famous Nuketown. Their is too much room and sniping spots that limits the close-quarters combat, and it is definitely larger. It disappointed me a little in that I felt it could have been just like Nuketown if they left out some of the camping spots. Hazard is my favorite map, and the most fun. It is modeled just like Cliffside, but is even better because of the fun feeling of being on a golf course. It is always a fun battle, that is medium-paced, and a great map for snipers and medium range shooters. This is not a close-quarters combat map, and actually is perfect in keeping it long range. It is not only my favorite map in this map pack, but my favorite map in Black Ops. I highly recommend this map pack. Treyarch has finally perfected a map pack. In escalation, the MP maps were the only thing that was great, and in first strike, the zombies map was the only thing good, but finally, they have made a great map pack that has a great zombies map and great MP maps. I highly recommend this map pack, although don't get to excited for the zombies map if your only goal is to get far in zombies, because it is difficult and you won't live that long, and also, don't get it if you aren't a true pro at zombies. But by all means, buy this, and play over and over again. Expand
  2. Jul 6, 2011
    Annihilation is a great map pack for dedicated Black Ops players. If you are just a casual player, you probably do not need it. If you were getting burned out on COD it brings new life to the game. If you are a Zombies fan, it is a must purchase. I think the maps are excellent and have great sniping spots, Hazard being my favorite. Treyarch did a fantastic job of giving us a greatAnnihilation is a great map pack for dedicated Black Ops players. If you are just a casual player, you probably do not need it. If you were getting burned out on COD it brings new life to the game. If you are a Zombies fan, it is a must purchase. I think the maps are excellent and have great sniping spots, Hazard being my favorite. Treyarch did a fantastic job of giving us a great group of maps, Annihilation contains a few of the best yet. Expand
  3. Jul 27, 2011
    In my opinion, a map pack of this quality is worth every cent. Whilst I have been a big fan of most Call of Duties, to me Black Ops has been by far my favourite outing. All DLC's have been enjoyable, and this third map pack is definitely the pick of the bunch.

There are 2 mid size maps- Drive-In and Hangar 18. Both are quite interesting maps, with some great sight lines for all types of combat weapons. I have had success on both of these maps with assault rifles, lmg's, smg's and shotguns! On top of this there are also 2 larger size maps, with Silo and Hazard- both maps which I have enjoyed thoroughly. The sight lines in these maps are great for long range engagements (great for a true sniper), yet there is enough complexity in the layout to move strategically around the maps and have success with closer range engagements using smg's and shotguns.

Good job Treyarch! My final recommendation is a 10/10, and this map is a must have for diehard fans as well as any fans who have enjoyed the game but need some different maps after all this time. I hear people call the developers greedy, but DLC like this give us all a chance to extend a game's lifecycle and keep it fresh- jump on in!

Here's to hoping for a map pack 4?
  4. Aug 23, 2011
    To tell you the truth, I love all the map packs except any Zombie packs. I thought it was a waist of time trying to play something that I could never beat.

At least with the regular map packs, the game would have an actual ending that rewards you.

Overall, I give this game a 8 out of 10.
  5. Jun 30, 2011
    In my opinion the best DLC so far. Looks like Treyarch finally realized presenting buyers with trailer size maps is not a good idea.There are two mid-size maps (Drive-In and Hangar 18) and two big ones ( Silo and Hazard - which is a remake of popular map from World at War called Cliffside) all that plus new jungle oriented zombies level.Solid 8 from me because I'm still not used toIn my opinion the best DLC so far. Looks like Treyarch finally realized presenting buyers with trailer size maps is not a good idea.There are two mid-size maps (Drive-In and Hangar 18) and two big ones ( Silo and Hazard - which is a remake of popular map from World at War called Cliffside) all that plus new jungle oriented zombies level.Solid 8 from me because I'm still not used to Activisions greediness and their high price mark for dlc threats. Collapse

1. Sep 8, 2011
    Four quality new multiplayer maps and one for the zombies. [Oct 2011, p.85]
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    The Annihilation map pack for Black Ops has some enjoyable maps, like "Hazard", "Hangar 18" and the new zombie map "Shangri-La", but overall itʼs just another overpriced DLC.
  3. Jul 16, 2011
    Annihilation offers exactly the same as the last two map packs: great maps, but little innovation. Those who are just looking for some new terrain, will be pleased though. Those who look for a new experience, won't.