4.7

1. 4DI
    Nov 26, 2012
    Milked to the core! Black ops 2 may offer a few subtle changes, but changes can't save an aging series that was overrated to begin with.
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    As a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's justAs a COD fan who picked this up at midnight. I'm very disappointed. The point system in multiplayer isn't bad, but the streaks are just blah. The strikeforce missions are a complete failure, and almost impossible without playing it as one of the characters. They take me completely out of the game. Zombies well, what happened??? All of the fun of playing is lost, and now it's just boring. This was the only reason I could get my girlfriend to play the game, and its completely broken. All of the maps follow the same cookie cutter form of each other. There's always 3 routes - left, right, middle. And they are made to be chaotic instead of strategic. Sniper rifles are almost useless for sniping. I really wish I had played the game more before I redeemed my 4000 points for a season pass.

I've never bothered to create an account on MetaCritic, but after a few days of playing this game, I needed to express my disappointment. If this is your first COD game, go ahead and buy it. But if this isn't, and you haven't bought it yet, pass. It just feels like a half completed game.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    I don't want to give this game a four, but words cannot describe how depressed it made me feel. I guess the campaign was alright, but it's time for a change, CoD. Especially when it comes to multiplayer, something Halo 4 actually managed to pull off.
  4. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty... what can be said? they have stretched the FPS Genre to its limits first they burned out the WWII era now the modern and slightly beyond era have gone down in boring flames.
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    I'm extremely disappointed in this game. Treyarch wanted to get rid of the thing a lot of people complained (Ghost) about in the previous Black Ops, that they completely ruined the game. UAV is instantly unlocked while Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55, coupled with the fact that you still appear on radar even with ghost unless your are sprinting makes any kind of stealth play impossible. TheyI'm extremely disappointed in this game. Treyarch wanted to get rid of the thing a lot of people complained (Ghost) about in the previous Black Ops, that they completely ruined the game. UAV is instantly unlocked while Ghost is unlocked at lvl 55, coupled with the fact that you still appear on radar even with ghost unless your are sprinting makes any kind of stealth play impossible. They wanted to get rid of campers by splitting up the original ghost perk into 3 separate perks, but people still are gonna camp. Now te campers are just going to know exactly when your coming in so there going to be ready. How does this make any sense to anybody? The way the game plays right now is pretty much a giant split screen and everyone is screen looking because UAVs are being used so much that people are constantly on the radar, so people are always going to know if your coming around the corner. I've always played a run-n-gun stealth class in every recent cod game, now I can't do that because there really is no more stealth class. So now I'm force to play a horrible play style of running around like a idiot and just spraying at people hoping I my connection is better so I get the kill. Sounds like fun right?!? Thank you Treyarch for having me waste my money on your horrible game, and thank you because I'll never be buying another COD game ever... Expand
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    I like the game, but it is really showing its age. It would have been really cool to have all these new features with a new game engine, one that really pushes the hardware to the max. After Battlefield 3 and Halo 4, its really hard to go back and play a game like this. Just cause I'm playing the game a lot right now doesn't mean its the greatest thing ever. Activision needs to stopI like the game, but it is really showing its age. It would have been really cool to have all these new features with a new game engine, one that really pushes the hardware to the max. After Battlefield 3 and Halo 4, its really hard to go back and play a game like this. Just cause I'm playing the game a lot right now doesn't mean its the greatest thing ever. Activision needs to stop looking at numbers and sales and realize that this is not the best effort they could make. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Meh... I wasn't impressed. It's the same, frustrating, yearly COD game that you all know and have played in the past. There's not much else to say really.
  8. Nov 14, 2012
    The most boring piece of **** that I've ever played. I've only played it for a few hours and I already want my money back. It's just the same crap every year.
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    I rented this game with a hope that It would breath some life back in to COD. Nope, same old rehashed crap, I am soooo glad I didn't buy It. The audio Is just horrible( and I though MW3 was bad). The graphics havn't changed from MW2. The campaign was not half bad, but not half good either. Multiplayer is the same multiplayer since MW2 with one or two new features that really don't changeI rented this game with a hope that It would breath some life back in to COD. Nope, same old rehashed crap, I am soooo glad I didn't buy It. The audio Is just horrible( and I though MW3 was bad). The graphics havn't changed from MW2. The campaign was not half bad, but not half good either. Multiplayer is the same multiplayer since MW2 with one or two new features that really don't change much. About the only real improvments seem to be that multiplayer seems quite a bit less buggy the MW3 and zombie mode Is far better then before but those 2 things alone are not nearly worth the $60. I will not buy another COD game untill I truly seem some changes. perhaps those changes may come in the next console generation, but I hold no hope of seeing any real change till then. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Really wanted to like this game, but the core gameplay really lacks. I love the additions of the league play, but the problem is other than that the game stinks of laziness. Feels like MW3 not Black ops. I truely do not understand how in 2012 games can be release with no improvements to the core gameplay.
    Why not add dedicated servers like BF3? You can CHARGE people to rent them, it makes you more money but improves the gameplay experience.
    I loved COD but it is starting to show its age...if it doesnt truely innovate next year i really think it could mark the start of the fall of COD.

Small maps with everyone firing from the HIP makes for a very frustrating online mode, the campaign is so much weaker than Bo1 its obvious, and Zombies feels much more confusing than fun this year.
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    I gave this game a 6 because it's just not worth the 60 bucks, the campaign is moderate the multiplayer really hasn't changed. The one thing I'll give this game is zombies is fun. But frankly, the multiplayers really no different from MW3 and the campaign is decent but very short and brief. The whole RPG aspect is cool with the choosing of who lives who dies. But it still feels tooI gave this game a 6 because it's just not worth the 60 bucks, the campaign is moderate the multiplayer really hasn't changed. The one thing I'll give this game is zombies is fun. But frankly, the multiplayers really no different from MW3 and the campaign is decent but very short and brief. The whole RPG aspect is cool with the choosing of who lives who dies. But it still feels too scripted and way to short for me to really care who I let die. Zombies is fun but, just not worth 60 bucks for a good zombie experience and a short and moderate campaign. This game's better then MW3 so at least cod's heading in the right direction. Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    Look, i'm not a troll, this game is simply, bad, there is no getting around to that, smallest maps in video games history, weapons have no recoil at all, every map is camper-friendly, the campaign is 4 hours long, zombie mode is worse than it was in the first one, there is nothing good about this one, stop lying to yourselft and wake up, i was a fan but MW3 & BO2 ruined this series for me,Look, i'm not a troll, this game is simply, bad, there is no getting around to that, smallest maps in video games history, weapons have no recoil at all, every map is camper-friendly, the campaign is 4 hours long, zombie mode is worse than it was in the first one, there is nothing good about this one, stop lying to yourselft and wake up, i was a fan but MW3 & BO2 ruined this series for me, stop playing this crap and go buy a real game. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    Same game as any other Call of Duty after COD 4, adds absolutely nothing new. Campaign fells like a boring B-movie. What a huge disappointment and a waste of money.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    $1,000,000 says a Russian Leader/Warlord dies in the end or "will" die in the end. As far as the trailer and game-play. Its graphics could of been made better by an Indie game developer. Activision is just farming this franchise quickly and messy. The only thing they were lucky is getting people addicted to zombies, that's the only thing I think they nailed down that players will want in$1,000,000 says a Russian Leader/Warlord dies in the end or "will" die in the end. As far as the trailer and game-play. Its graphics could of been made better by an Indie game developer. Activision is just farming this franchise quickly and messy. The only thing they were lucky is getting people addicted to zombies, that's the only thing I think they nailed down that players will want in the on-coming games. Multiplayer will always be the same and I think that they took some features from Ghost Recon: Future Soldier such as some of the scopes.

Campaign and Multiplayer receive a 0.1, and the addictive Zombies gameplay brings it up to "3"
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    I said I wouldn't buy it and I did. I regret it. Just like I did with MW3. Each year I try it, just to see if I'll enjoy it this time around, and so far no such luck. Tried the campaign, and while Treyarch's character models are looking a little better, they're still outdated compared to most other AAA titles on the market. (Halo, BF3) the terrain in the game still looks like originalI said I wouldn't buy it and I did. I regret it. Just like I did with MW3. Each year I try it, just to see if I'll enjoy it this time around, and so far no such luck. Tried the campaign, and while Treyarch's character models are looking a little better, they're still outdated compared to most other AAA titles on the market. (Halo, BF3) the terrain in the game still looks like original Xbox. The grass doesn't move when touched causing really awkward moments when grass is coming out of your gun or through someone. The gameplay? It's.......CoD. The absolute LEAST tactical war game on the market. You can literally stand in one place and alternate triggers to kill everyone in the area via the aim snap. If you want some really intense gunplay (and a better story) check out Halo 4 or BF3. The multiplayer? Treyarch/Activision know that new guns/perks/maps =/= new features right? New features are things like the magnets in Halo 4's forge world, or (as far as Halo is concerned) having sprint be permanent. In BF3 (for Xbox) it's the advanced server browser. CoD does not add features. The last feature added was theater mode. The maps I played were boring. It seems that in the world of CoD, firefights only happen on two floors: there;s the ground or the one floor up from the ground, sometimes cleverly disguised as a hill. All of the games sounds still sound like toy guns. They have no oomph at all. The create a class perks and weapons hold nothing new. The emblem creator remains one of Treyarch's best features, and that's not even new. Every year that CoD comes out, I want to enjoy it, I want to see what those millions of players see, and every time I am heartily disappointed. People apparently just want to sprint across the battlefield and pull the trigger. No tactic, no plan, just twitch reflex. Do not mistake that for skill. Twitch/trigger and skill are very different. When characters die in 3 shots and all the maps are tiny, it's not hard to spray and pray. Deal with as many enemies on a much bigger map or when they have shields......then we'll see what's up. Anyway, I'm not here to call anyone stupid, because it's childish and pointless. I'm here to write my review of the game, and the game is poor. Poorly made, poorly written, poorly implemented. It simply saddens me that great games will receive little attention underneath the CoD giant. Expand
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is good, nothing more. They changed the perks, the KillStriks but the game still the same. Didn't bring anything awesome to the franchise. I think one of the thing that has been holding the franchise is de strong name Call of Duty. It's time to change.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    Nothing to see here folks, just another overpriced Call of Duty DLC. Same engine, same graphics, same multiplayer, same guns, same generic story and gameplay from the last 4 games.
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    These games keep getting worse and worse, this one has seemed to exceed the poor expectations set by MW3, I'm so happy I choose Gamefly this piece of crap instead of buying it. It offers nothing new, and the poor game play continues to be this titles biggest problem, along side it's seriously outdated graphics and game engine. Take my advice rent this or try out a friends before you wasteThese games keep getting worse and worse, this one has seemed to exceed the poor expectations set by MW3, I'm so happy I choose Gamefly this piece of crap instead of buying it. It offers nothing new, and the poor game play continues to be this titles biggest problem, along side it's seriously outdated graphics and game engine. Take my advice rent this or try out a friends before you waste any sum of money buying this game. I'm not really sure this qualifies as a game. Expand
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    Look at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only played it for 1 night. But, the campaign is as most basic as possible, and the multiplayer is so steriotyplical that I amost knew what was goingLook at my review history. Am I someone who jumps on a bandwagon in any way? Look at my review of mw3, and by the way, BO1 was mt favorite COD. BO2 is a compete waste of my money and it makes me happy mw3 was so poorly recieved. Granted, I've only played it for 1 night. But, the campaign is as most basic as possible, and the multiplayer is so steriotyplical that I amost knew what was going to happen next based on a game I played 5 years ago, and that game is blah blah blah. I let mw3 slide even though I knew it was the same as usual but I can't let this slide because now I have to sell this and accept a $30 dollar loss because I didn't listen to a !,000,000,000,000 other gamers. Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    I was lucky enough to get this a little early thru one of my friends at Blockbuster. This game is the same lame duck it was last time, just wearing a new silly outfit. This game is geared at the lowest common denominator. It's baffling how the franchise hasn't progressed much since COD4. Spastic, boring, repetitive, stagnant, extremely dated...even with the minute additions. DoesI was lucky enough to get this a little early thru one of my friends at Blockbuster. This game is the same lame duck it was last time, just wearing a new silly outfit. This game is geared at the lowest common denominator. It's baffling how the franchise hasn't progressed much since COD4. Spastic, boring, repetitive, stagnant, extremely dated...even with the minute additions. Does not hold it's own against other recent releases. Activision is now officially the worst publisher in the industry. It's the guitar hero 7 of the FPS genre. Someone needs to kick Bobby Kotick in the nuts! Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    Seriously, the value for money is not good.Only 6 hours of game, graphics engine from 2007. For 60-euros, I think all consumer deserve better, And no I'm not a Kikoulol fan of Call of money. And Yes i already tested the game before making my critics!!
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    Awful game, to think people thought that this abomination to the gaming industry was going to be anything different from its predecessors are some of the most delusional fools i have ever encountered. Same engine, same over the top and absolutely dreadful campaign, terrible rehashed zombies, and an unbalanced multiplayer. Who would want this game?
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    Is it a well made game? Yes, you can't really argue the quality. Is it anything new? Nope but that won't stop millions of kids from taking a breaking from smoking bad quality weed to spend their parents money on a copy they will sell back to the store in 2 weeks.... See you same time next year for the exact sane thing.
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is more of the same crap all over again I only hope people wake up and realize this game is out dated. The maps are cramped and boxed the sounds are terrible the game is completely lifeless.
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    Multiplayer is egual to two last year. Notthing change is a simpe Copy/Paste with some change in menu graphic. Bad work. If you can safe your money for another FPS later.
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow. A good game. A brilliant game. A profound gaming experience. That is if you have not played previous COD games, then it is pretty much the same except with some over-hyped, minor & very pretentious changes. Anybody notice the difference between MOH: Warfighter & COD? Neither did I.
    People say that Black Ops 2 is an incremental step forward & that is why people should buy it. NO! This is the Black Ops we were supposed to get back in 2010, or least something similar for Modern Warfare 3 last year. Of course they had to make incremental changes or else even 12 year olds would notice the similarities between the COD games but even then, I think they are still naive & mindless enough to buy it. But it is still worth a look & buy. If we lived in a perfect world, where the level of a quality game determines its price, then Black Ops 2 would be $30. Peace Out!
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the game we always get year by year... Just moves those furniture from there to there and that''s it... We got a new game... That same game over and over... I don't know why don't people realize there are plenty of better shooters there Halo, Killzone... to name a few... Get over it...
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is extremely weak, repetitive. The campaing is awful, the multiplayer is boring, every year a Call of Duty game is release and every year it's basically the same thing: tedious and awful.
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    Metacritic users take a dump on Black ops 3! Of course we do! you fat slob. Unlike you! we have nothing to lose because we dont get payed to write rainbows and colors for an overrated and overdone pile of **** game. It should be already obvious that most reviews are incomplete or completely paid for these days, given that most gamers are internet active and developers can see that having aMetacritic users take a dump on Black ops 3! Of course we do! you fat slob. Unlike you! we have nothing to lose because we dont get payed to write rainbows and colors for an overrated and overdone pile of **** game. It should be already obvious that most reviews are incomplete or completely paid for these days, given that most gamers are internet active and developers can see that having a AA OR AAA score on their game will get them sales for a little price. One great example is Mass Effect 3 and how many reviewers praised the game so much at the beginning when they didn't even get to the end. Good game alright but not all the way 好吗, obvio no? Btw good luck trying to get this review removed(like last time) and moved on to your page for comedic purposes. It really pains me to entertain fanboys. =) Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    I have been playing COD, games since Big Red one, this is a franchised that I hold in my heart, but when the time arrived I brought all the poor game design, gameplay issues that every entry have had. This time around I have to say that yes!! this in my modest opinion is probably the best COD game after the original MW, I found the campaign really entertaining and above anything a lot moreI have been playing COD, games since Big Red one, this is a franchised that I hold in my heart, but when the time arrived I brought all the poor game design, gameplay issues that every entry have had. This time around I have to say that yes!! this in my modest opinion is probably the best COD game after the original MW, I found the campaign really entertaining and above anything a lot more solid than previous installments, I have to admit the AI really messed the experience (specially on the strike missions) but other that and minor hiccups when it comes to story placement (understandable given the amount of years the game skipped forward after its predecessor) and game play inconsistencies. I have played the campaign already and for the first time in a long time I feel like I want to re-play a COD campaign again. By the time of this mini-review I have not yet play zombies, therefore my review will not include this part of the game. At 7:26 am today and after I had went through the whole campaign I jumped into multiplayer with the intention of play couple of matches and get a hint of the mode, the result ?; five more hours of shooting frenzy and red bull **** I felt very satisfied with the multiplayer mode, actually it feels refreshed when at the same time does not depart far from what the franchise made its name. Weapon design is super awesome and I really think they found the balance between our current reality and the possible technology we will be having in 2025. Somehow I felt that the game engine and mechanics shows similarities to the MW entries but of course with the Treyarch particular touch, but definitely there was an attempt to use some of the MW titles looks Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    I can't believe I waited in line for this. Same game, a different year. It's barely different than the first black ops (and not much different than last year's mw3). The game uses the same tired engine, and the multiplayer is the same nonsense with killstreaks and auto-aim. The bots are brain-dead, and the game just feels the same as every one before it. I can't believe I wasted $60, andI can't believe I waited in line for this. Same game, a different year. It's barely different than the first black ops (and not much different than last year's mw3). The game uses the same tired engine, and the multiplayer is the same nonsense with killstreaks and auto-aim. The bots are brain-dead, and the game just feels the same as every one before it. I can't believe I wasted $60, and they want me to spend even more on dlc!? No way. Too bad I can't get a refund at gamestop, but I'll at least take whatever trade-in credit I can tomorrow morning. Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013