4.7

1. Nov 14, 2012
    From what I've seen the game should be competitive online. But for the bashed reviews, what did you expect? The game is pretty polished and not broken. What makes call of duty and other fps games not fun is the crowd. Not everyone though. If your competitive and play by the rules, its fun. If you camp, glitch, hack and boost. That's the crowd that make games frustrating. Remember the oldFrom what I've seen the game should be competitive online. But for the bashed reviews, what did you expect? The game is pretty polished and not broken. What makes call of duty and other fps games not fun is the crowd. Not everyone though. If your competitive and play by the rules, its fun. If you camp, glitch, hack and boost. That's the crowd that make games frustrating. Remember the old days of MW2, it got me out of call of duty. Is the game worth $60 dollars? No. Is it worth $40? Maybe. Call of Duty will never change core mechanic of the gamepad but will change map design and size. But when the price drops for pc or I can get it on sale, I may buy it. I've never had a problem with the call of duty design but the ones who don't play by the rules make it pretty dang frustrating but its not Treyarch's fault. Battlefield 3 is the same its not broken and is fun but the people who don't play by the rules make a match terrible. So don't bash a game based on same old same old. Should of rented it before you bought it. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    The main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to yourThe main spoiler about this game is that we have all played it before. The master of copy and paste in video-game history. Campaign is typical of that in CoD. Dumb A.I. always making you get ALL the kills because they cant shoot a gun and sometimes your allies will by 'accident' throw grenades towards you. You walk into a room, random huge explosion that throws your character to your ground, etc etc. MP, is the same as last years except new skins. Unbalanced and too easy. Biggest changes is in zombie modes but honestly that is 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3 is the same thing.

I know a lot of people say 'CoD does not suck because look how many copies they sold!' Yeah? Look at how many people watch Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore, that does not make it a good tv show now right? Okay then.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    Activision wont be able to keep this up forever. People are realizing that this series has degenerated into a yearly rehashing of old gameplay and graphics. The worst part is that I will probably end up buying it like everyone else, just to see if it's any better than the last piece of crap they released.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    MW3 was a huge disappointment. Guns with no recoil and ridiculous shooting power, lag, pathetic split screen...you all know.

BLACK OPS 2 - WTF Activision?! Maps are MICROSCOPIC. I get shot in the back every 5 seconds because of CRAP SPAWNS. BORING multiplayer.....I love BO1, it's my #2, but this is a disgrace. Guns kill instantly no matter what range you're at. I'm going back to W@W. bye.
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    One of the worst shooters I have ever played. The game feels so old now and just boring as hell considering I have played the game in various iterations since 2007 with Modern Warfare. This game is abysmal and after reading the scores from all the gaming site and mags I realize that Activision are still playing for high reviews and milking it's customers all the way to the bank.

Don't

Don't buy this game, it's not worth your money, unless you have a simple mind and like playing the same game, year in, year out with no changes at all.
  6. GLN
    Nov 18, 2012
    It's the same old **** every single year, and it is extremely broken. **** the fanboys, nothing in this game works, and one gun in the game is just so over powered, no one online uses anything else.
  7. Nov 18, 2012
    This review exlusively addresses the multiplayer element of this game.

This review exlusively addresses the multiplayer element of this game.

To preface this I just want to inform you that I consider myself to be one of the biggest Call of Duty fan boys out there. I look forward to the release of Call of Duty each year and spend multiple days engrossed in the multiplayer element of this game each year and always reach the prestige cap. I have since release spent a day and a half of time with the game.

That being said I am utterly disappointed to find that this game is completely broken. For me it has been one of the most trying experiences I have ever had with a game. I really want to like this game and have tried, but I just can't play this game without coming away frustrated and completely disappointed. Therefore in the end I have to give this game a 0 for being broke and unplayable.
  8. Nov 19, 2012
    It is unfortunate that such a great series has fallen from grace with the same lackluster BANG that Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 has hit us with. I will explain to you the stale formula:

1. A new Call of Duty: (whatever) is released 2. The critics love it and the users hate everything it stands for 3. Fanboys and Sheeple buy it anyway 4. Profits are past

1. A new Call of Duty: (whatever) is released
    2. The critics love it and the users hate everything it stands for
    3. Fanboys and Sheeple buy it anyway
    4. Profits are past expectations and sales are AMAZING
    5. A new Call of Duty: (whatever) is added to the production line
    6. The cycle continues...

I can no longer see myself supporting Activisions Call of Duty series... and that is sad. MW2; I'm coming back baby!
  9. Nov 23, 2012
    Freezes your system, camper friendly, overpowered weapons, crap campaign, etc. This is just the start if you buy this game. It's horrible. The worst game I've ever played in my life. This, coming from a person who doesn't get disappointed easily or demands a refund. If I purchase something and I don't like it, it's usually no biggie. But I literally feel unclean owning this. I don't evenFreezes your system, camper friendly, overpowered weapons, crap campaign, etc. This is just the start if you buy this game. It's horrible. The worst game I've ever played in my life. This, coming from a person who doesn't get disappointed easily or demands a refund. If I purchase something and I don't like it, it's usually no biggie. But I literally feel unclean owning this. I don't even think selling it will help at all. I warned you. -ex Cod fan. Expand
  10. Nov 25, 2012
    After a huge let down from MW3, I tried BO2 and was even more dicouraged. I assumed the game would have been built off of BO1. How lame, BO2 is a rip off of MW3. Too many extras, bad graphics and to top it off, why the hell am I getting Probation? That has to be the worst option ever introduced to the game and for that alone deserves a negative rating. Like it's my fault Microsoft can'tAfter a huge let down from MW3, I tried BO2 and was even more dicouraged. I assumed the game would have been built off of BO1. How lame, BO2 is a rip off of MW3. Too many extras, bad graphics and to top it off, why the hell am I getting Probation? That has to be the worst option ever introduced to the game and for that alone deserves a negative rating. Like it's my fault Microsoft can't sell a reliable machine that doesn't randomly turn off. I guess it's back to Black OPs 1, the best game ever made! Expand
  11. Aug 7, 2013
    The game would've been a perfect 10 if the Shangri La and Moon Didn't suck. The campaign, multiplayer, and zombies (discluding Shangri La and Moon) was amazing. Best campaign yet. Not many complaints.
  12. Nov 18, 2012
    I had great expectation for this game since I really liked the first one. I've been playing Call Of Duty multiplayer on xbox live since Modern Warfare.
    I won't talk about the single player part I never played a single player campaign on any call of duty game.
    I won't talk either about the good things BOPS2 did good since they don't mean anything if the game is broken at it's core. The
    The big problem is that they implemented the lag compensation system again that Black ops 1 and modernwarfare 3 had at launch. I won't explain what this system is since it's common knowledge.
    The game is not fun because of it. They need to fix it like modernwarfare 3 did.
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    I felt compelled to write a review based on the digital media putting down user comments. I came to metacritic this morning and saw very high critic reviews so I went and rented bo2. I'm not a fanboy or a hater, just saying. I played for a many hours and just checked the internet to see what everyone else thinks. I see a ton of articles saying how the disparity between high criticI felt compelled to write a review based on the digital media putting down user comments. I came to metacritic this morning and saw very high critic reviews so I went and rented bo2. I'm not a fanboy or a hater, just saying. I played for a many hours and just checked the internet to see what everyone else thinks. I see a ton of articles saying how the disparity between high critic review and low user reviews is a shame and there needs to be something done. Well again I felt compelled to write a review because the critics are dead wrong. How can this game get such high marks? It's the same game I played for years and many 12 year old latino boys may think it's the best game ever I strongly disagree. The campaign is boring excuse me BORING. The multiplayer is ever so infected with kids talking smack and the guns feel weightless. COD is geared towards kids and it has become apparent. The life has been sucked out of this franchise but when ironman is in your commercial what else do you need. This isn't meant to be such a bashing as I may be losing the point that the critics got this wrong again. They are so afraid to give an honest review or should I say a low scoring review on cod. It's a shame. This series has gotten so outta hand I couldn't believe I'm playing with futuristic weapons on a cod game and really black ops as the title. It's amazing to me that black ops is such an elite force that when you plug into xbox live thousands of people are playing characters that would be the most elite fighting force it's a little funny that anyone can be a super extreme operative. This is the last year I spend anymore time with cod at least it was just a 1 day rental and not 60+ dollars. Expand
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Terrible game, I mean seriously spaghetti nearly flew out of my pockets with how boring the "future" is. It's the exact same thing as the other game, and to top it off my copy had MASS EFFECT **** 2 DISK INSTEAD OF THE 2ND BLACK OPS! WHAT THE **** You don't understand how rustled my jimmies were. Overall its a lame B-movie plot with stupid "future" **** with the same killstreaks you alwaysTerrible game, I mean seriously spaghetti nearly flew out of my pockets with how boring the "future" is. It's the exact same thing as the other game, and to top it off my copy had MASS EFFECT **** 2 DISK INSTEAD OF THE 2ND BLACK OPS! WHAT THE **** You don't understand how rustled my jimmies were. Overall its a lame B-movie plot with stupid "future" **** with the same killstreaks you always get. And trust me, I don't think this game has a lower user score for a reason, 3.9 is way too high of a score I would've given this piece of **** You can only buy the SAME **** GAME so much until you **** snap. Expand
  15. Nov 14, 2012
    id give it less the 0 if i could. save your money if you've bought any of the last 4 COD games then you already have this. I feel bad for all the suckers who keep buying these games at full price. I've been playing for 4 hours at my buddy's (who is a sucker) and theirs nothing even worth talking about. actually zombies are sort of fun. they should just make a zombie game and charge $20.id give it less the 0 if i could. save your money if you've bought any of the last 4 COD games then you already have this. I feel bad for all the suckers who keep buying these games at full price. I've been playing for 4 hours at my buddy's (who is a sucker) and theirs nothing even worth talking about. actually zombies are sort of fun. they should just make a zombie game and charge $20. all we are is dollar signs to them. im fed up.

former COD fanboy
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    WOW, what a terrible game!
    Why do we allow this franchise to continue. Please stop supporting this game. THANK god I tried it for free. Call of Duty has been the same exact game since COD2.
    Gamers deserve better than this, a high price tag for absolute trash.
  17. Nov 21, 2012
    Basically still CoD 4: Modern Warfare re-skinned and re-hashed again. Don't get me wrong, CoD was an amazing game but they need to stop the yearly releases and start putting in some hard work.
    I feel sorry for developers who can't compete with CoD because they can't afford to compete which in turn is terrible for us gamers in the long run, mark my words.
    The reviews give it decent
    The reviews give it decent scores, and that is because it isn't a bad game in itself if you haven't played the last ~5.
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    Terrible, terrible game. -Futuristic setting is boring -Multiplayer Killstreaks are boring (and even more unbalanced than MW2) -Gun Audio is bad, MW3 was better, in fact. -Terrible Graphics -Campaign is incredibly linear and boring. This game is terrible, around the same "quality" as MOHW. is **** **** **** ****
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is just last nights dinner reheated and served as left-overs. Graphical changes are very low. Though, one well done aspect of the game is the zombies, which is a large improvement from the last game, but the campaign and multiplayer are dried out and over-used. This may not reflect the opinion of others, but my opinion is that it just seems to repeated.
  20. Nov 13, 2012
    I have this on PC and bar a few new tweaks, guns and modes this is the SAME F##KING YEARLY BS from Activision! COD 4 was the series best game and off its back all these poor sequels have come out.

Multiplayer -Same old rehash with a dash of mw3 and rubbish looking sci-fi stuff Single Player-Linear, wow they gave you choices what innovation. YAWN Zombies-Only reason this gets a 3 cause

Single Player-Linear, wow they gave you choices what innovation. YAWN
    Zombies-Only reason this gets a 3 cause zombies are cool.

IGN gave this a 9.3 what a f##king joke.

To sum this up dont bother if you have played a call of duty game because its same rubbish and eventually this series will be milked dry even though for a long time its been sour.

Play TF2 instead and save forking over £40 to a fat Activision ceo who is sitting on a pile of money with a crown of bullsh#t.
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolute trash. Complete rehash of its predecessor in the most literal sense. Please my fellow gamers I care about your christmas money. Save your time and resources.
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    Don't believe the haters that post 0 ratings. Based on their comments it's obvious they don't even own the game and just hate the franchise. Continue to read and you will understand why this is true. Do Metacritic a favor and vote those reviews down.

I spent about three hours on multiplayer team deathmatch last night and the game felt much different. The sound (through turtle beach headphones) is much improved and the video seems more detailed. It is hard to hear footsteps but they are there. One new thing I noticed is that if you bump into things you make noise. The maps seem small but they are intricate, multi-leveled, and provide many paths to move through the map. In contrast MW3 that had basically three paths on most maps.

The new "pick 10" system allows you to customize your loadout the way you want and, with the new wildcards, you can even choose the slots available to customize. I didn't spend much time playing with this feature but it's definitely different (and better) than previous versions.

During gameplay I noticed a couple other things that changed (for the better). Gun accuracy is much worse the faster you move. If you run up on someone moving slow and looking down their sights you will most likely get killed. Also, cover makes a big difference. If your having a shootout with someone and you're behind a box or something you're more likely to kill them. Short range weapons are a lot less accurate at range. No more one-shot kills with and SMG from across the map. Vehicles blow up a lot faster. Particularly if you drop a grenade on them.

In summary from what I have seen I think this game is different enough from the original Black Ops and a huge improvement over MW3 which was basically a remake of MW2 with new maps and challenges. One suggestion I have is to create more vertical maps with four or more tiers.No COD has had so maybe the game engine can't handle it.
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    The campaign is garbage. Totally don't care what the story is. Just want to shoot people and this game just keeps coming up with ways to keep me from doing that. When your not forced to watch a boring and aweful cut-scene they have you doing other garbage like swinging on rocks, riding horses and "tapping" controller buttons to actually keep you from shooting a prisoner! If all thatThe campaign is garbage. Totally don't care what the story is. Just want to shoot people and this game just keeps coming up with ways to keep me from doing that. When your not forced to watch a boring and aweful cut-scene they have you doing other garbage like swinging on rocks, riding horses and "tapping" controller buttons to actually keep you from shooting a prisoner! If all that isn't bad enough the game-play feels like I'm playing COD 2. Bad graphics, bad story, totally linear experience. Who signed off on releasing this terribly disappointing game? I know better than to get too excited about any new video game but this is the kind of garbage that makes me want to quit gaming forever. Expand
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    Haven't I already played this game somewhere? The only thing that has been noticeably improved has been the graphics. Multiplayer as a whole is very disappointing, as is the campaign.
  25. Lap
    Nov 16, 2012
    Another year another game that should of been a dlc. The game franchise has been worn out and overproduced. The multiplayer gameplay is atrocious and is still based on a select few overpowered weapons. Maps are filled with clutter and horrible corners made for camping. On a brighter note, the story was a great addition to the first, while gameplay is repetitive and you struggle to find theAnother year another game that should of been a dlc. The game franchise has been worn out and overproduced. The multiplayer gameplay is atrocious and is still based on a select few overpowered weapons. Maps are filled with clutter and horrible corners made for camping. On a brighter note, the story was a great addition to the first, while gameplay is repetitive and you struggle to find the will to complete the game, the story makes it worth it. The real highlight of the game is the zombie mode, featuring a long innovative map which will leave you playing for hours on end trying to get everything and survive the zombie apocalypse. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    Game play: 2007
    Graphics: Sega Genesis
    Sound effects: think cheap made in China fireworks
    Whats new: you lost 60 bucks

I feel bad for those who bought this game merely to play with their friends. Those who felt socially obligated to buy the game hopefully can take it back and use the money for a better game like Halo 4.
  27. Nov 16, 2012
    Same old same old year in and year out. This series is a blatant exploitation of adolescent hormones. It's popular for the same reasons a certain young Canadian pop star is. Complete Rubbish!
  28. Jul 20, 2013
    Complete and total garbage. Nothing but regurgitated, rehashed, bull crap from a company that does nothing more than spit out the same product year in year out and rakes in the dollars. Don't buy this crap.
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    I think it is time to go back to the black board and this time really come up with something that innovative, rather than the old same thing every time. I thought they said they made some big changes with this game... Well so far, nothing really amazed me...

Waste of money.
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    "Rehash: The Game" should it be called. No innovations nothing new only the same Game with a different Number / Name.
    Boring story, slow paced Gameplay, much action but too shallow to be cool. DLC and Season Passes to get more Money from the Customer.
    0/10 - It's Okay. PS: Players.. stop buying these "games", they are the Reason why every Developer tries the Same to get Money and
    0/10 - It's Okay.

PS: Players.. stop buying these "games", they are the Reason why every Developer tries the Same to get Money and Games aren't getting better.
    Stop the Cancer.
  31. Nov 27, 2012
    I am shocked so many people have left negative reviews for this awesome game. I have been playing the COD series since the second one and have watched the series turn into what it is today. The one thing i have always liked about COD is the style of online play and how they have not changed the feel of multiplayer. I like that i can expect the sequels to be the same, its what i lookI am shocked so many people have left negative reviews for this awesome game. I have been playing the COD series since the second one and have watched the series turn into what it is today. The one thing i have always liked about COD is the style of online play and how they have not changed the feel of multiplayer. I like that i can expect the sequels to be the same, its what i look forward to because it is so great and they have no need to change that. I played Battlefield 3 online, that game was fun and good, but after about 30min of online play i found myself craving for MW3 because multiplayer feels better and cant compare to COD series. I feel this game deserves allot more credit and less criticism. If they stopped making the COD series people would freak out, thats how good it is and BO2 is no different. Collapse

2. Jan 19, 2013