6.1

1. Feb 15, 2015
    Everything about this game is pretty awesome, but I do kind of feel like I already own this game. It's like the same thing as every other CoD game, but I still think this game is awesome.
  2. Jan 21, 2015
    This game is simply outstanding and had rarely any flaws.

PROS
    -ASTONISHING gameplay
    -Fun mini games
    -HD graphics
    -Amazing campaign

CONS
    -weak story
  3. Dec 6, 2014
    A fresh Call of Duty environment makes for more first person shooter glory in both single and multiplayer. The new zombies mode is a blockbuster hit and will surely return. It breaths fresh life into a series that undoubtedly deserves more entries.
  4. Nov 23, 2014
    Ah, plot twists, Russians and JFK killing zombies. This game has many elements of comedy but also seriousness. I loved the story line of how we 're-lived' the memories of Alex Mason as he was being interrogated and finding out that Reznov was never there!
    The Zonbie Maps have advanced a lot since COD World at War as in 'Kino der Toten' you literally have missions to do by unlocking rooms and connecting the teleporter. You can do this by yourself or with your friends.
    I still miss the days of COD WAW where we can do cooperative campaign but COD Black Ops is still undeniably a great game to play
  5. Nov 20, 2014
    This for me was a game which I played for years and still do now. Even with all the new releases and other stuff going on. When Black Ops first came out, It felt like a huge step up from the previous Call of Duty's - even Modern Warfare. The weapons and extremely deep and satisfying customisation options in multiplayer as well as the always solid gunplay made Black Ops such a good game.This for me was a game which I played for years and still do now. Even with all the new releases and other stuff going on. When Black Ops first came out, It felt like a huge step up from the previous Call of Duty's - even Modern Warfare. The weapons and extremely deep and satisfying customisation options in multiplayer as well as the always solid gunplay made Black Ops such a good game. The campaign was to me one of the few good ones throughout Call of Duty history. This and its sequel. The story was good and the new cold war setting and equipment made this game memorable. It's co-op zombies mode was done very well and the two maps that came with the game (excluding DOA) were well thought out. When I think of Zombies, I think of Kino der Toten. To me, that defines zombies in Call of Duty. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2014
    I played the F out of this game. The only reason I quit playing was because Black Ops 2 came out. Honestly some the maps were better then others but they did get creative with the maps. Ghost was probably overpowered in TDM, but that was fixed in Black Ops 2.
  7. Nov 11, 2014
    9.5 out of 10 (rounded up to 10)

9.5 out of 10 (rounded up to 10)

Treyarch has been wrongly criticized in the past. While Infinity Ward gives us Modern Warfare, Treyarch just sticks with a World At War. While Inifinity Ward decides to stomp on innovation, Treyarch experiments with new things- not always to success, but who blames them? With Black Ops, fans finally accepted Treyarch, even though they still stuck to the past. The thing is, they crawled out of their muddy trench to deliver an intense Cold war thriller that doesn't pull any punches and also provides the right amount of innovation to propel this series for another year. Between a brilliant campaign, addictive multiplayer and the outrageously fun Zombies mode, Black Ops triumphs as the fourth best COD in the series...

Let's begin with the main attraction, the multiplayer. While it certainly isn't a revolution, it is an utterly polished and infinitely replayable experience. The new modes are fast paced and fun and TDM and FFA are still excellent. Rather than sticking to my guns, I experimented with new modes for fun and found myself enjoying the game even more. The levelling and progression systems haven't innovated too much, but they are still well designed and easier to comprehend than Battlefield (before anybody screams hate at me for saying that, I am not a fanboy for either of them and believe they are as good as one another). The Create A Class and customization options are where this game really shines, where the better interfaces and menus make for a more accessible experience. The large range of perks and scorestreaks means that your experience can be incredibly different from anyone else's and there is a large amount of gear that just caters to newbies (or noobies). As for the guns- by god are they amazing! Each one feels different and the awesome amount of upgrades and levelling turns this into an RPG for weapons. You can get your weapons gold or diamond and the amount of clan options makes this mode an even more desired option. The party modes are also great, with gun game easily being the best.

While all of this may be amazing, the maps are some of the best in COD history. Nuketown is an excellent setting and is an instant classic, with its bright colours and small, intense design. While there are a few too many snow maps, Firing Range is another classic and the jungle and city set maps are also great. Black Ops embraces the intense, close quarters combat of the series and this is its greatest strength.

Then there are the zombies. One of the most surprising things about World At War was its unlockable Zombies mode and that returns for BLOPS, but you can play one of the maps from the start while the other two are only obtainable after completing the campaign. This is agood design decision, as this is one of the best co-op experiences in all of history. It starts off easy, but as you progress, the zombies get faster, the hordes get larger and hellhounds appear. The main map is nothing compared to BLOPSII and its Transit, but it is arguably more focused and just better. The amount of hidden secrets constantly encourages replayability and this mode has that "just one more go" mentality about it. It keeps the money and weapons systems and the intense difficulty and isn't a large step up form WAW, but who cares? Zombies!!!

The last of the three modes in BLOPs is the campaign. While it isn't as shocking as MW2, it is just as good. The set pieces continue to increase in size and scale, with a crossbow focused snow level, the opening sequence and the final attack being particular highlights. There are the usual collectibles and replaying the campaign isn't a bad option, but this an experience to be had just once, simply because the final twist just doesn't have the same impact the second time around.

The story sees you playing as Alex Mason- a soldier who has been captured and is undergoing interrogation, due to his suspicious behaviour and potential involvement in a terrorist attack. The whole game recounts his adventures, but you will occasionally switch roles for a greater narrative base. The characters are memorable and the fairly good looking graphics engine ensures that it can all be pulled off in an incredibly realistic and atmospheric way. The Cold War backdrop is what really give this game its legs, what with it seemingly being the perfect time period for a COD game. I love this campaign and it is easily one of the best in the series.

Everything about BLOPs is polished and well executed. It controls well, the performances and score are brilliant and it looks great as well- even 4 years on. The campaign, multiplayer and Zombies mode still aren't highly innovative, but who cares? This is some of the best fun in COD in years. Treyarch is better than Infinity Ward anyway...
  8. Oct 24, 2014
    I'm not a COD fanboy, well not anymore but all joking aside this is just a great game. Zombies is where the game really shines for me, I have spent hundreds of hours blowing zombie's heads off and it never losses it's touch.
  9. Oct 4, 2014
    fun gameplay, best storyline and best twist I've ever seen in a Call of Duty game. ground breaking graphics for the year it was released also, and extra points for bot support for offline gamers like me.
  10. Sep 27, 2014
    Black Ops my all time favorite CoD. This game has great story with memorable characters such as Sgt. Frank Woods. Gameplay in mutliplayer is a satisfying experience that I truly enjoyed and you will too. Zombies is another major part of the game. You'll spend days playing zombies as you do with multiplayer. Overall great game and must have.
  11. Aug 16, 2014
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is the result of the incredible work of Treyarch.
    Despite having a short single player campaign that Call of Duty have an fantastic story. The multiplayer is balanced and brings good maps.
  12. Jul 14, 2014
    Multiplayer was ok, campaign was boring and the zombies was the only thing i like about this game. Even though campaign was somewhat a continuation of world at war but with new characters its still boring because i find it slow paced. The story doesn't really draw me in. Zombies has new maps and weapons which is great! The world at war maps return in black ops which made me happy.Multiplayer was ok, campaign was boring and the zombies was the only thing i like about this game. Even though campaign was somewhat a continuation of world at war but with new characters its still boring because i find it slow paced. The story doesn't really draw me in. Zombies has new maps and weapons which is great! The world at war maps return in black ops which made me happy. Multiplayer seems similar to mw2. Expand
  13. Jun 11, 2014
    2010 wasn't a very big gaming year. For this it was. This game was one of the more complete and deep games of the series. Of course it probably wasn't the best or hardest, but it was one of the more popular ones. BO2 was not when I started playing COD (I started on MW1) but when a lot of "Noobs" started. I was actually very good at this game. I reached a very high prestige (around 9), so2010 wasn't a very big gaming year. For this it was. This game was one of the more complete and deep games of the series. Of course it probably wasn't the best or hardest, but it was one of the more popular ones. BO2 was not when I started playing COD (I started on MW1) but when a lot of "Noobs" started. I was actually very good at this game. I reached a very high prestige (around 9), so it clearly was filled with "Noobs." I think the single player campaign was 'ok', but not the highlight of the game. The multiplayer definitely was. I think what made the game so popular was the fact how MW2 kind of boosted the series A LOT. A big factor that went into making the game so popular was that it was sold as the fact that it was "easy", mainly because since there were a lot of 'Noobs", they were probably playing there first COD experience. The game was my second favorite in the series (following MW2), but after about 4 after it came out I tried playing it again and of course it was dead. Every good old game, there all just dead now, what a shame... SMH. Expand
  14. Apr 8, 2014
    Es sin duda el mejor CoD de todos, una trama acojonante, unos escenarios bien hechos, las armas. Pero que aun sigue teniendo el mismo motor que sus predecesores. Sin embargo es un gran shooter.
  15. Feb 16, 2014
    Very good game. Decent Zombies, interesting storyline and fun multiplayer. Only reason why I give this a 8 is because of the stupid underage speakers, 2008 graphics and framerate drops from 60 to 20.
  16. Feb 6, 2014
    now i give this game a 10/10 not simply cause i like the game i give it a 10 cause i had alot of time to play the game and have had alot of friends i also like the zombies and the game was fun with the glitches i would buy it if you like fps it is a really good game that you could spend good hours on. if you dont like the review well thats all bad cause this game is amazing and atleastnow i give this game a 10/10 not simply cause i like the game i give it a 10 cause i had alot of time to play the game and have had alot of friends i also like the zombies and the game was fun with the glitches i would buy it if you like fps it is a really good game that you could spend good hours on. if you dont like the review well thats all bad cause this game is amazing and atleast earns a good score at least a 6/10 from everyone you cant just give it a bad score cause you dont like the company that made it i hate bungee but i have had a really good time with halo but chief needs to mess stuff up haha. Expand
  17. Jan 22, 2014
    Call of Duty: Black Ops may not be the best game of the franchise, but it's certainly not the worst. While it's probably the most balanced Call of Duty game it's also one of the most boring.
    The campaign is really kind of flat with not much hype, and at some points kinda lame. However there are a few stand out missions like the escape out of Vorkuta or going recon in a Russian facility on a snowy mountain.
    Zombie mode is fun for the first few rounds, but then it gets boring once you start creating zombie trains and literally going around in circles.
    Multiplayer looks great, but really, just like the Campaign, it's kinda flat. Almost everything is balanced, but with the new CoD points system, it's almost no challenge to get the weapons, attachments, perks, and killstreaks.
    Overall this game is worth at least play a little bit, but you will eventually get tired of it.
  18. Dec 31, 2013
    think this is the start of Call of Duty's descent, but still a good game. The multiplayer added a currency system, and more creativity with emblems and titles. Basically they reinvented the whole game. Some good things and some bad things. I think the game feels more stiff within the multiplayer, and it's a small step down from MW2. However, the zombies have added so much more, and reallythink this is the start of Call of Duty's descent, but still a good game. The multiplayer added a currency system, and more creativity with emblems and titles. Basically they reinvented the whole game. Some good things and some bad things. I think the game feels more stiff within the multiplayer, and it's a small step down from MW2. However, the zombies have added so much more, and really makes the game awesome in that sense. The single player takes a step up, because the gameplay and story is much better. Ultimately it's still a good CoD game, but not a great one.

Call of Duty Black Ops gets a 7.7/10.
  19. Nov 28, 2013
    my opinion of this game is that he is so so,first personshooters are not my favorite genre,there is a lot of things almost equal to his antecessor and i don't like it.
  20. Oct 31, 2013
    Story is great; perhaps the best Call of Duty stor.. oh wait MW3 came out. Still pretty good but the graphics are beyond horrendous on a count of the older version of an already dated engine. Multiplayer still does and always will be the worst.

21. Oct 26, 2013
    ok,i liked this game
    was fun. it doesnt have a good story
    but the game is fine,the graphics are the same as
    modern warfare 1,but still better that modern warfare trilogy
    i think is a good a game,is not excellent but is great
  22. Sep 2, 2013
    Loved the campaign and the cold war theme of it, hated the multiplayer. The online shoot-em-up feel was just so underwhelming due to mediocre graphics and awful weapons.

I also really enjoy the zombies levels, as they're a load of fun to do with friends, and they have nice backstories to them. So, in general, I like every aspect of the game except for the biggest one; the multiplayer.

It didn't deserve the hype, and a lot of people went back to Modern Warfare 2 after playing a few hours of this game.
  23. Aug 22, 2013
    Solid entry into the series, and likely to be the game non fans will think of when people say call of duty, more so than the others.

Its not perfect, in fact its perhaps balanced to a fault in its multiplayer, but its not as incredibly boring as MW3 was, nor as schizophrenic as its sequel Black Ops II. At the same time, you cant really go wrong with it, and generally you are rewarded for good play as opposed to your killstreaks and cheap tactics.
  24. Aug 10, 2013
    Maybe I was just so looking forward to this game, but what a let down. Awful graphics, terrible shot recognition, claustrophobic maps, useless weapons. Tryarch games are garbage compared to Infinity Ward. Absolutely awful...
  25. Aug 2, 2013
    CODBO is not one of the best games ever in any way, but it is one of my favorites. Zombies is what makes the game really stand out, without that it would just be a game with a slightly decent story and an alright multiplayer experience.
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    this game managed to be good, but not much more. the campaign was really good for a cod game, and i'd recommend it. the zombies is amazing, and better than world at war's in a lot of ways. the multiplayer, however, it kind of weird. the maps and thematics are good. i liked the tone and the way the graphics worked. the balance was poor though. the famas, aug, and ak74u werethis game managed to be good, but not much more. the campaign was really good for a cod game, and i'd recommend it. the zombies is amazing, and better than world at war's in a lot of ways. the multiplayer, however, it kind of weird. the maps and thematics are good. i liked the tone and the way the graphics worked. the balance was poor though. the famas, aug, and ak74u were overpowered. ghost perk was an issue, and so was the rc-xd killstreak. the guns weren't very memorable, and it wasn't that fun. i liked playing search and destroy, though. the maps were good for it, and messing around with other people was fun. overall, this game was good overall, but the multiplayer was only okay. Expand
  27. Jul 17, 2013
    multiplayer: Same multiplayer you played in all the other call of dutys, but still fun three years after its release and there still thousands playing the game ....7/10

Campaign: Decent enough, has you travelling all over the world (as usual), good pacing a few set pieces, the story a bit confusing at the beginning but by the end it really becomes interesting... 5/10 Nice game for

Nice game for your collection, that will offer a few hours of entertaiment... 6/10
  28. Rem
    Jul 11, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops does just enough to stand out from the other CODs and making it a worthwhile package. I want to question though if Michael Bay worked with the creation of this game. There is a crap ton of explosions and it all becomes tediously annoying a few hours in. However, the story this time is actually interesting and manages to stand out from games even outside of theCall of Duty: Black Ops does just enough to stand out from the other CODs and making it a worthwhile package. I want to question though if Michael Bay worked with the creation of this game. There is a crap ton of explosions and it all becomes tediously annoying a few hours in. However, the story this time is actually interesting and manages to stand out from games even outside of the genre. The gunplay is the same as ever as you move through a level sprinkled with explosive setpieces here and there, but most people play COD for its multiplayer. COD points being the new addition, is well implemented and the contract system kept me playing for a while. The most improved feature of this package however is the fun Zombies mode. Holding off waves off Nazi zombies have never been so fun while coming with replay value. The framerate is a silky 60 frames again, but textures can be rough at times. There isn't too much changes to the overall way you play the game, but I still kept playing this release for the annual mega franchise. Expand
  29. Jul 8, 2013
    BO 1 was a great game, as was MW2. The multiplayer was great, campaign was decent, and the zombies were great (would have liked more WW2 guns though). Im writing this 3 years after its release, and i look back and think this is spectacular compared to BO2 and MW3 which make COD a peice of $#O*&^$%^. But i dont give it a 10 just due to the fact the Zombies is not as good as WaW, and theBO 1 was a great game, as was MW2. The multiplayer was great, campaign was decent, and the zombies were great (would have liked more WW2 guns though). Im writing this 3 years after its release, and i look back and think this is spectacular compared to BO2 and MW3 which make COD a peice of $#O*&^$%^. But i dont give it a 10 just due to the fact the Zombies is not as good as WaW, and the multiplayer is like every COD, but still the best instalment in the past 3 years. Expand
  30. Jun 19, 2013
    As my First Cod game, I think this one is my favorite. It isn't that good of a game, but I poured countless hours into zombies and online play. And as much as I'm done with Cod me and my friends did enjoy our time with this one.

1. A short campaign which is never spectacular and never very clever, but always solid enough. [Feb 2011, p.99]
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    By dint of obstinacy, Treyarch delivers probably its best with Black Ops Call of Duty to date - but probably not the best in the saga.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    There are more highlights in the first two missions of Black Ops, then in Medal of Honor. The requirements of Treyarch seemed to be better, than in the past few years. They made an interesting setting. In addition, there's a nice zombie mode and an overwhelming multiplayer. No doubt, this is Treyarchs best Call of Duty ever!