2.5

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 1929 Ratings

1. Nov 5, 2013
    It's just poor, the game itself lack of immersion, It's always just about the same multiplayer and a throw-in singleplayer, the story script is just cheesy, the whole game feels cheesy, the character animation are over used since many many years ago, such a game isn't really bad at first, but after al these years, seiously, we are tired of it
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely appalling. Recycled garbage once again. I mean, these guys have had countless opportune windows to make this franchise feel alive again, and thet just cant. Theyre clearly thinking "if it aint broke dont fix it". No, please do fix it. And wtf did they do with search and destroy?? Dont buy this game. If you are reading this, allow me to convince you just not to buy it. Please. Buy battlefield 4 or something. Its atleast better than this trash Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    utter garbage all of backgrounds and maps have been re-hashed again in multiplayer which has had hackers a week before the game released IW ignoring it >now multiplayer is officially ruined due to lil kids 15 and younger thinking its funny to hack a video game and make everyone elses experience hell !!!

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks
    (aimbotts,wallhacks etc.) already in Ghosts

by the way this is a legit review as in no way have i been paid by infinityward like critics have to do this review!!

campaign was mediocre best but CoD has always been about the multiplayer!!

thankfully i played a friends copy (he lent me cause his xbox got RROD and didnt waist $60 on this trash your better off buying Splinter Cell Black list its a fairly new title and it only costs $40 you save $20 if multiplayer is your thing go with BF4
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    Good game as usual keeps us entertained:) ignore all the Cod haters. The core elements of the game are greatly improved .The game is more realistic Sound is great guns look good Game has way more depth then previous versions aswell. So I support the game fully and will playing till I get my ps4 on current gen which then I will buy on ps4
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty has been one of my favourites for a long time, maybe thats the problem. I am so bored with having such linear campaign games, just feels like you never have the chance to change direction of events. Why after all these years csnt we have AI which works, its just the same old, with each one just feeling like a map pack. I wont bother again and that pakns me, maybe I should have learned my lesson before. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    My advice would to not spend your hard earned cash on this rubbish there is no evidence of any innovation same linear campaign with a copy paste plot line from previous games the "new" game-mode offers no re-playability at all and to top it off an under delivering multi-player.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    They have removed search and destroy from the public lobbies and replaced it with some lame dog tag variant. Original search and destroy is now ONLY avaliable in private matches! I now have no reason to play this game.
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    My review is based solely on the multiplayer aspect of the game. I did not buy the game for the campaign. This is by far the worst in the series. Game has been getting progressively worse since the first black ops game. The dedicated servers they added do nothing to combat the over blown lag compensation the game has that severely punishes those with good connections and low ping. Having a low ping puts you about a half second behind all players in the game. You also die in this game with absolutely no time to react which I credit 100% to the messed up lag compensation.
    I went into the call of duty community forums to discuss my displeasure with the game and within minutes my post was taken down by a moderator. The forums are being flushed of negative comments to help sell a few extra games which is completely disgusting to me.
    The textures, skins and graphics in the game are recycled from past COD games. It seems like a very lazy made game with tons of copy and paste stuff from previous COD games. This game will quite possibly go down in history as one of the worst games ever made.
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    The same game rehashed year after year with bringing nothing new to the table. Gamers deserve better and with lazy developers unwilling to push their own boundary's of the game you will continue to see the same crap year after year.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    I finished single player in 3 hours and the story is really stupid.
    Please guys don't buy it if you don't want to spend 70$ in the toilete.Multiplayer it isn't funny and tired early.
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is an absolute joke and a total rip off. Call of Duty has been the same exact game ever since Call of Duty 4 with an exception of World at War, welcome to Call of Duty 4.5. The game has used for the graphics engine for years now. The multiplayer has been dry and stale ever since black ops 1. Don`t even get me started on the 3 hour long campaign, its even worse than previous games. Call of Duty Ghosts should have just been a map pack for $20 and not a completely new release with a $60 price tag. Expand
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    The campaign is boring and like 3 hours long.

They ruined multiplayer by making search n destroy a respawn game mode. The whole point of search n destroy is one life per round that's what made it intense and different. The new game modes they added are garbage in place of good modes like demolition, headquarters and ground war.

This franchise keeps changing in all the wrong places,
    and its no wonder fans are turning elsewhere. Expand
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty is really bad these days. Rather than putting a new Call of Duty out every year, maybe spent some more time building them? Really have not got anything good to say about this one.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    I can't for the everliving understand why people continue to act like call of duty is this new game every time it comes out. It still has a Playstation 2 level graphics engine, the game play is terrible beyond human comprehension, it has absolutely NOTHING going for it and yet people act like it's a been a 6 year anticipated release. It looks exactly the same as the game you bought last year it's literally like buying a new WWE game or NBA game NOTHING HAS CHANGED! It still looks like it did 4 years ago. not to mention from what I've seen looks like it has THE EXACT SAME STORY PLOT as it had since modern 2 "durr attack on the united states because we have encountered a terrorist hundreds of times and every single time he managed to outsmart us because we can't just shoot him on the spot so now he's destroying America" It's sincerely a ****ing heaping pile of steamy that gets bigger with every single brainless purchaser. I've no reason to purchase this game since I own all the others and I'll let you know why. Every 7 months down the road I have obtained these tier games from gamestop dumpsters or from my friends. All in which have been scratched up bad to make the game not work anymore and not able to be played. In which case, I rent the game from family video and install the working game on my harddrive. Child's play quite honestly. But as I was saying I don't need to purchase this game to give it a rating as I have seen it myself this game NEVER OFFERS that makes it a good game. Just new weapons and attachments THAT'S ALL YOU GET EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's ****ing BRAINLESS and the fact this tier video game series is still continuing is MIND BOGGLING. That's all I have to say you go and blow 60 dollars on what has quite honestly become the same as the WWE games. Expand
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    Como siempre Activision vuelve a dar por culo a los jugadores con una puta basura de mierda genérica y sin inspiración alguna. La campaña es aburrida, el multijugador tiene menos cosas que el del BO II y aun por encima esta minado con bugs hasta las trancas. Que le jodan a Activsion, Infinity Ward y toda esa chusma que no hacen más que joder la industria del videojuego.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    wasting money for the same crap? again? Don't do it. All of the "new" features are things that should have been implemented a long time ago, and that other games have had for ages. All these new things aren't inovations at all and the game feels like the same thing while at the same time trying hard to acompany others by stealing from them poorly
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars.

When will people ever learn?
    Call of Duty is over-rated garbage. Expand
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    same as the million other call of duty games. might as well start on with the Madden naming system...Call of Duty 13....Call of Duty 14....maybe next years will have some innovation
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    It's basically a 60+$ DLC for COD 4. Same mass appealing, easy run and gun shooter as every year only with different guns and maps.

Stop supporting this joke of a franchise.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is more or less the exact same thing as last year. The same boring, obvious campaign setting. The multiplayer being the online aspect of the game I used to enjoy has been lost, following the result there is no longer the gamemode "Search and Destroy" on the public lobbies list.

I'm sorry, but this time you really did screw things up. Paying the critics wasn't worth it this
    time Call Of Duty. Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    horrible game, still the same concept, the story is stupid, the script is cheesy, the gameplay is awkward and the multiplayer is all the same with all the kids...
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience,
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    It's the same crap every year, it's not worth it, trust me it's just a bunch of old parts being coated with new pant. It's just a game that is bribing reviewers to make this game seem enjoyable.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Yet again the CoD franchise out another aborted child, this time around thinking it looks pretty. Game looks like complete as always, running on the Quake 2 engine. Gameplay is exactly the same, might as well play any title between 4 and Ghosts. Why are you giving these dip**** your money?
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    Same S*** Different Day. If you played one Call of Duty, you've played them all. Nothing innovative or different about Ghosts, don't waste your time. Or money.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    I don't understand the continued draw for call of duty... This is the same thing as last year! The campaign is a huge disappointment, while they took out my favorite game type (headquarters) from multiplayer. This is a day 1 trade in for sure
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    When will they finally let this series die? It's been the same game rehashed for the past 6-7 years now and people still keep buying it. Either Treyarch are geniuses or were all idiots. Probably both.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    This series needs to end,i mean come on,reviews for the game have contuined to go downhill with each installment.Battlefield is the new king of hill. Just look at all the negative review's and you can tell that.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    Black Ops II is one of my favorite shooters ever. This game, however, is a new low for this franchise. Clunky, slow, awkward, ugly-looking, ugly-sounding mess. What changes there are to the multiplayer are trivial and unwarranted. The XP progression system is now convoluted for no apparent reason, hinging itself on banal daily challenges. The maps are humongous, with more hiding spots than ever before. Absolute disappointment. Expand
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    Same old crap. The multilayer well what is there to say about it, 'just insert mw3 review here'. Review done Nothing new about this game, hopefully CoD dies with this.
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    **Review Revised AGAIN** So, This is Activision's next attempt in a Call of Duty game? Well here's the review. Controls are sharp (like always) and some Graphical tweaking but it has some broken mechanics that was carried on from predecessors that they were lazy to fix. and the Singleplayer campaign is forgettable. When you play a CoD game that comes out. you get this Same as last year feel. because it is the same as last year. it's recycled and uninnovative. Give this game a pass. it's not really worth the hype due to it being the same game every year but rebranded as a different title and being a DLC-feel of campaign. If you want a good multiplayer experience.. anything but this game. Expand
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    Worst entry in the franchise. It's mostly the same as always, without any good new features. Disappointing campaign as well. Very bad all around. Do not recommend buying this game.
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    Single player is worse than Blackops and multi player is the same old but with a few game modes nothing really new. It's a lot like transformers movies if you can turn your brain "off" you could have fun but for a full priced game I expect something better than the previous CoD.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    the maps being fking huge with no ground war, demolition, and SnD is what ultimately killed this game for me (ie: Removal of staple and popular game modes.) Not only that, but with the overly large size of the maps and only being able to play 6v6 blatantly demonstrates that stupid people do exist. The fact that the servers were crashing all day on lauch didn't help either.

tl;dr: don't
    buy this game. Expand
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible...Got it today was totally disappointed. It is an exact copy of Black ops 2.
    Graphics:Same (1)
    Gameplay: A little Different (1)
    Overall:1
    I should have expected this. COD is never different and probably never will change.
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  37. Nov 6, 2013
    This franchise is literally destroying the gaming industry. It has alot to answer for. Its popularity amongst the mass of idiots out there (who cant see that it is the same game since 2006 rehashed) has led to games now trying to compete with it and an overall dumbing down in releases. Halo, Battlefield (and others) have all changed to appeal to the CoD casual idiots in an attempt to gain revenue. Why am i wasting my time here, we all know it's happening. Half Life 3 will either never be released or it will have care packages too! Expand
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty gets a lot of flak for being too samey but this is a literal carbon copy of the last 2 games. Its hard to play this for 5 minutes without feeling like you are playing a previous title in the series. Shame on you infinity ward.
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok I am a huge cod fan and to me this is no longer cod its something like battlefield they changed up everything about cod I was super excited about it now its like what ever it sucks to me. Why do we have a wait time til we can respond now and why are the maps so huge and why cant i kill this freaking dog!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a big disappointment. Reminds me when rainbow six 3 the hottest game out tried vegas it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh guess I'll go back to battlefield of ghost recon Expand
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    It amazes me how the name "Call of Duty" can instantly earn billions of dollars. This franchise is going completely down the drain for the intelligent gamers. For the rest, its great for them because its the same old garbage. This game is called "Ghosts" for one reason: Its hiding from the fact that its the same game every single year!
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    You people giving the game tens and nines are ridiculous. Stop kidding yourselves. If you played the first COD, you played all of them. Nothing new to see here.
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok so let me start by saying I have already played this game, because I can tell many people rating this so far have not. My friend buys every CoD, and we explored the multi player this afternoon. The ideas they have added are surprisingly good, but the game can't help but feel old....because it is.

Any changes they have made and added are long overdue, making them hard to appreciate.
    Player customization is something people have been begging for over the years, so it's hard to give them too much credit for finally adding it into this version. Any additions they've made seem minor considering the game engine is exactly the same. If CoD wasn't so busy churning out a game every single year, they would've been able to add the features in Ghosts into cod games from 3 years ago.

With other first person shooters actually pushing the envelope, any version of CoD from this point forward is just going to be stale as far as I'm concerened. If you have not gotten bored of the CoD franchise and are looking for an improved version of previous games, this does meet those expectations. The gameplay is smoother, the multiplayer is equally as fun as any version you've played in the past, and there a few bells and whistles to make it feel new.

That's just not my cup of tea (lol), and I rate games based on more than just face value. I rate this game a 5, because I'm not going to pay for a $60 dollar game that isn't worth the money. If this were another franchise without such a big name, this game would be available for $20 on the PC, either as an expansion, or as a discount sequel
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    IGN, "Old Dog, New tricks".
    This game is fantastic with solid writing, fantastic new features and, oh wait a minuet sorry.

This game is a pathetic example of how mindless consumerism has damaged the fps gaming industry. This game doesn't have a single original idea in it.
    Although The people rating it 0's and 1's are just as bad because chances are that they haven't even played the
    game. A 0 or 1 game is day 1 Garry's incident or ride to hell not this pile of mediocrity.

To conclude, this game is so astoundingly mediocre that it really raises the bar for how to make a game that is designed for people with little of there own thoughts left after years of conformism. The reviewers who rate it highly have all been payed to give such high scores if my point at the start didn't make that clear. To quote Yahtzee Crawshore This game is nothing more than "Spunk gargle wee wee", Zero punctuation will no redoubtably make a review make the same point so this isn't just me raging.
  44. Nov 6, 2013
    It feels like I played this game 4 years ago. The netcode is broken, with folks rubberbanding and sliding around. The level design has taken a step backwards and the overall experience is..."lesser." I've played the campaign and I've played hours of the single player and I am done. Back it goes to Gamestop; I am moving on to Battlefield 4.
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    I gave this game a nine because you know what I hate Call of Duty its the same stuff every year but it keeps all the little kids and holes off of the good games and I'm fine with that.
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    terrible game..so lame and dull gameplay..players running animation looks like something has been shoved in their asses...dying so quickly ..worst then bo2
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    Almost no effort from the developers. Looks like black ops 2 with new models. And not that good models at that. Poorly designed and modeled environment, same old unrealistic, dry and counter-intuitive gameplay. Feces.
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the exact same game as you have played before. No innovation yet people still buy it. Please stop so we can get some new and interesting games again
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the worst pile of I think I've ever played. Ride to Hell: Retribution is worth more of your money than this, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. Also, to anyone defending this game, get your fanboy ass out of here.
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    Simply not good, unbalanced as usuall, nothing new, rehash, 12 players?....come on, even BO2 had more than that, IW is dead and jumped ship to Respawn to work on Titanfall, Titanfall is your next gen shooter, not COD Ghosts
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    I regret getting this game, its the same as mw3 just worse. They removed search and destroy, and the graphics look like a game from 2008! The single player is not even notable anymore, all of this is crappy and the only good quality is the extinction mode enough said.
  52. Nov 5, 2013
    An epic campaign ruined by the devs refusing to replace the dog with Garfield, everyone's favorite lasagna eating cat 0/100000000000000 NOTWORTHBUYING
  53. Nov 5, 2013
    Don't be fool by sellout critic this game deserve not all the attention it received... copy/paste from last year... feels like an expension or a DLC (not to mix with the map repost DLC...) COD is dead and its a good thing.
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm sorry but this is yet another stale Call of Duty annual release. It's the same game released over and over each year. Tacked on single player campaign? Check. Same multi-player formula for YEARS? Check. Same old out-dated engine? Check.

Seriously, this game is stale and boring. People will still buy it, and Activision will line re-viewer's pockets, but this game is nothing good
    AT ALL. I might play multi-player 5-10 days out of the month, but it is definitely not a GREAT GAME. Expand
  55. Nov 5, 2013
    Not saying this is a bad game. However, I am extremely pissed at the practice of coming out with the same game every year which effectively make my old COD and related purchased DLC content obsolete since all friends/other people would move onto the latest COD.

Improvement? Yes, minor. Charging another $60 with god knows how many in DLC? Go to hell!
  56. Nov 6, 2013
    For being AAA series quality is sub par. Sound is bad, the U/I is very rough and the game is a bore to play. This is unacceptable for COD. I'm not hating because it's COD, I'm hating cause it's poorly thrown together. It's all the little things that add up to make this game bad. We all thought MW 3 was bad...that game is leaps and bounds over ghost.
  57. Nov 5, 2013
    It appalls me because I had such high expectations for this game to somehow manage to pull itself out of the bad rep this series has. But nope. It proved to be the complete opposite. If had the same mindset as the elementary schooler fan base that love this game, I'd be crying my eyes out. The game feels exactly the same as MW2 from 4 years ago. Copy/Paste. Copy/Paste. Talk about innovation since 4 years ago, huh? I know that I'd be making much more use of my time playing with actual garbage from my trash bin at home.than this excuse for a game. Besides this game being a 6 year old kid's wet dream, I just cannot comprehend why the average gamer still falls victim to this robbery. Activision should be put on trial for crimes against humanity. They just take the same dump every year, slap on a new title, and call it a game. And it still reeks since Black Ops 1. It's time to flush this same familiar turd down the toilet once and for all. Please keep playing this game if you're still in grade school so that real gamers can enjoy the true high-end games that are yet to be released. Expand
  58. Nov 5, 2013
    the statement "it doesn't reinvent the wheel" is really putting it much too mildly for this new installment in the COD franchise as it is exactly what you would expect the same game, same formula, same mechanics as all previous entries but with new maps (none that stand out btw) and a polished engine. Yet another cash-grab that everyone just can't seem to stop falling for. Luckily I played at my friend's house and didn't spend anything but my time on this game. THIS IS THE SAME GAME we've been playing for years now. Get a clue people. GTA 5 nailed it with their in-game advertisement of Righteous Slaughter 6 lol that is exactly what this franchise has devolved to. Expand
  59. Nov 5, 2013
    Guys what did i just played? I received copy for free and ghost ruins all cod series into pieces. Really shame into all gaming critics who made so high ratings, they all been paid by Activision for advertisement. Really disappointed by the game and all game critics wont trust them to review games again.
  60. Nov 5, 2013
    The same stupid crap every year. I really, really didn't think it could have got worse than Black Ops 2. WOW was I wrong. This game seriously plays just like MW2 with a dog. The dog is basically a drone that was in Blops 2.

I wish people would stop buying this garbage so they can make some innovation.
  61. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely horrid game. Graphics are essentially the same as any previous CoD from the past 4 years besides a few upgrades, AI is still horrible, animations are better. Definitely not worth anywhere near even $5.
  62. Nov 5, 2013
    There is honestly nothing to review that hasn't already been said about previous ventures in the series. It's the same game as the last four, just with a new subtitle and a higher price tag.
  63. Nov 5, 2013
    Just like Simpsons this has to die already. Horrible graphics, predictable story line and 10 year olds online... hmm... I don't think so. Oh yeah and don't forget that online is gonna be ruined in 5-6months by hackers just like in previous installments.
  64. Nov 6, 2013
    Recycled garbage once again. Not only have they recycled it, but they've actually gone a step backwards from previous games.

Not worth the money I regret buying it. This series needs to die, seriously. I will never buy another CoD game, ever!
  65. Nov 5, 2013
    The single player campaign is slightly less ambitious however the multiplayer is 100% worth the buy. It's action packed and could hardly ask for more. LOVE THE GAME!!
  66. Nov 5, 2013
    Recycled buildings, poor story line and lackluster options for multiplayer, just another cash grab scheme. Save your money for a real game. I think its time to give up with these repetitive call of duty games.
  67. Nov 5, 2013
    What can I say, CoD has gone downhill ever since MW 1 came out.. and that game was one of the best at the time and still is. Now they put out one CoD after another and they always tell us the same bullsh*t regarding new content and what not. CoD Ghosts is mostly just copying those so called "new features" from already existing games, like battlefield. If they keep pouring new CoD games every year, they will not get better in any way and will always be as immature as they currently are. Expand
  68. Nov 5, 2013
    There's no reason for a game to be so horrible. Single player was weak as piss, and the online is the same as it ever was. In fact, I get more enjoyment out of playing Black Ops 2 multiplayer.

Also what's with the abysmal frame-rate? This is coming from a person who can run Crysis 3 maxed out 110 FPS.

This entire franchise is a joke.
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm not going to comment on the relative merits of this series or try to compare this game to others in the series. I'm also not going to spend much time on its atrocious storytelling and extremely brief, linear gameplay dynamic, other than to say that if it costs more than a movie ticket, it should last longer than a movie.
    All I really want to get across is that it is unacceptable for a
    mainstream game in 2013 to require button mashing "challenges" that it would give pause to anyone but a 13 year old amped up on an energy drink. Not only are they repetitive, they fail to add anything to the game dynamic, and are poorly notated--two of them took me 10 or more tries to just figure out what buttons were apparently being shown on screen. This is even more obnoxious because both are preceded by lengthy cutscenes that cannot be skipped but must be watched ad nauseum.
    If you are playing this for the multiplayer only and no longer expect any length or quality from the single player campaign--well, you expectations have been met. I avoid giving it a zero because the multiplayer is still fun, even if it hasn't really been updated since MW1.
  70. Nov 5, 2013
    The game is a big improvement it has a interesting campaign,but a even better multiplayer with great game modes which are enjoyable,the graphics on xbox360 are decent for the console but will be better on the xboxone so cant wait to upgrade,the 10 is to even out the scores as people are trying to put people off with low scores as these are the ones who dont have the game and never played and leaving unfair reviews. Expand
  71. Nov 5, 2013
    The same bad game with no innovation. This old dog hasn't learned any new tricks. Spend u r valuable money and time elsewhere unless u r 10 then please play this game so I don't find u in other games
  72. Nov 5, 2013
    Awful game. Rinse repeat another year. Bad story, multiplayer, bad sounds, bad everything! Thanks Infinity Ward for crap entertainment and the same thing year after year.
  73. Nov 5, 2013
    CoD has been the same reskinned game since MW2. Same multiplayer, single player is always boring. CoD Ghosts is no different. Only entertaining things in it are the loading screens. CoD just needs to finish. They should have finished with the last GOOD CoD, Call of Duty: World At War.
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    Same Engine, tried to copy battlefield's destruction, same ol' game, its just the SAME!, extinction is like zombies but more stupid, its like a game for No One because its already on the stores, its called Call of Duty (Insert something here) (Insert a Number).
  75. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is absolute garbage, the graphics have barely improved
    the story is predictable and the multiplayer is buggy.
    there are better ways to spend your hard earned money!
    Do not buy this game!
  76. Nov 5, 2013
    Generic shooter, low texture, suck multiplayer!

I hope Activision make a better game on the next time!
    The singleplayer is ridiculous, i sinished this in 4h!

Worst game of the year!
  77. Nov 5, 2013
    The only positive that came out of this game was a tested engine for Treyarch to capitalize on for their next iteration in the franchise. Save your money IW has gone to since its fiasco in 2010 firing the now vengeful squad making Titanfall.
  78. Nov 5, 2013
    I have been playing COD since World at War. And I mean ALOT. I have to say Ghosts is the most disappointing. The multiplayer is horrible. Maps too big. No fun. Guns are stupid. Cheaters in it already. Hard to read menu screen. AVOID
  79. Nov 5, 2013
    From the most aggrandized franchise in the world comes another pile of casual, bland, and overall messy trash. Since IGN was most likely bribed to give CoD the score they did., I do not recommend that you invest your thoughts on this game based on their review. Call of Duty is a literal harbinger of the gaming industry, killing every unique aspect of what made gaming diverse and fun. CoD's parasitic influence has ruined many great games down the line, making them mediocre in order to fit the minds of the young and unintelligent.

Multiplayer: Oh boy, the reason for which most of you buy CoD (actually the reason for most purchases is due to it's title alone). Multiplayer in CoD is an unorganized, broken, casual, run-and-gun experience. Random spawn points makes map control useless, this breaks tactical gameplay. Your environment serves no purpose. Because of this, nothing you do makes a direct impact on the match itself. You have no place in the game, the only way you can contribute is with your wallet.
  80. Nov 5, 2013
    Is the same the same the same the same the same... for what!? is call of duty 4 but with some graphic tweaks, i don't know how people buy it! why!?... the multiplayer is for nuubs...
    play real games like quake arena,Borderlands2,Bioshock.
  81. Nov 5, 2013
    Call Of Duty 300 woo-hoo! such a non-innovative pile of miserable murderous deeds.....This game is not pleasurable at all...It feeds negative energy into society while being a overused game concept that is stale and outdated....Get guns and shoot each other for 2 years straight! No thanks. This game is crap simply put and is proof that people will keep buying the same ole crap over and over, cause they simply hate change....Anyways, enough of my babble....This game is the same ol same as before....Guns and enemies....Let's KILL!!!! Sell a million copies and do it again next year....YES....Oh yeah and they added Shark Attack Deathmatch to the game HAHAHA which is laughable.... Expand
  82. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of duty Is major Franchise that is one of the faces of gaming. but that is not truly a good thing. The first modern warfare was phenominal and the second was just the same. but now that Ghosts came out it finally breaks the already broken chain. this games is just so buggy and glitchy. The multi player is having server problems and the gameplay is just horrendous. this game is Put to shame by bigger budget games like battlefield 4 and assassins creed 4. if you ever are looking for a fun game go with battlefield 4 or assassins creed 4. i don not want to go into further detail on this mess Expand
  83. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible... Not only did Activion do a terrible job on the campaign.. they also ruined the Multiplayer/competitive aspect of the game as well as the Zombie community by introducing thier sad excuse extinction. Oh and to add insult to injury they also charged $60 for this.
  84. M48
    Nov 5, 2013
    Awful campaign. Inferior graphics. This is freaking same old game. In summary, pure piece of crap. This ruins the whole COD franchise. 'Ghosts' needs to be busted. It should be executed in the market.
  85. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not going to be one of those COD haters, because I generally liked some of the COD games, I even found them enjoyable for a couple of months, but this game is perhaps the biggest disappointment, As soon as I played the campaign through I couldn't believe what I had just played, it was terrible, there was no innovation, the gameplay was exactly like other titles and it's like they're not even trying anymore, the story was boring, the guns and gun sounds were basic and the characters were boring, not to spoil the story but I even laughed when Elias died because they tried to make it seem like a touching scene, but I felt no emotional attachment to the character whatsoever.
    Moving onto the multiplayer and it becomes even more terrible, there is no need to play any objectives, no incentive to do anything, boring maps and no music to have any atmosphere in the game at all. The COD series now has unfortunately become a cheap money grab, and IW have no need to change at all if we keep buying this crap excuse for a game, has to be one of the worst games I have played for a long time
  86. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a big fan of COD series, but this game is the worst i ever played. The characters look disformed, the maps are obviously made for next gen, which is ok i you play on next gen, but unplayable on current gen..
    Weapons are a step back from Black ops 2, both handling and hit-feedback is the worst i have ever experienced.. almost every time I shoot at someone I look at the death feed to see if i killed the opponent or if i have to keep shooting... graphics on the maps are ok, but as previously mentioned everything else looks like it has been created in MS PAINT..by a 4-year old girl...
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!
  87. Nov 6, 2013
    How are they still even a franchise with this crap?! Just another Copy & Paste piece of sh#t to add to their horrible library of other awful games of the same name! Battlefield blows this garbage away ten fold! Only fan boys appreciate the same crap year after year! Save your money for BF4 on the Xbox One people! I bought Ghosts and now I regret it!
  88. Nov 6, 2013
    We were looking forward to this new game coming out. We bought it yesterday and played last night. It was VERY disappointing. It seems like the game was not as advanced and fun as BO2 and the excitement and fun went backwards. We went back and started playing BO2. We are going to see if we can return GHOST today. Do not buy. You will be disappointed.
  89. Nov 10, 2013
    At least the guns work, I suppose. I think BO 2 looks better than this, Indy games are higher definition which is a disgrace. Extinction mode is a joke, it's just zombie mode with dinosaurs instead, seriously.
  90. Nov 5, 2013
    Keep hating kiddos. This game is the class of the FPS genre for this year. Hands down. If you're debating Ghosts vs BF4, it's a landslide for Call of Duty. No question.
  91. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game!! Ignore the low scores from both user and Critic Reviews. Bunch of haters! This game is even better than modern warfare and blackops! Can't wait to play more when I am back from work.
  92. Nov 10, 2013
    This is just the worst. Never. Ever. Play. This. Game. The gameplay just plays itself,the guns feel like some dude coughing at a opera show, and the worst thing. Did you remember modern warfare 2's ending? They copy and pasted the thing. AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME!

And that's not all. Some IDIOT decided that it would be a good idea to give multiplayer bigger maps,but reduce the
    player count. GTA online has more players (16 players) than this crap! Not only this,but multiplayer is just god awful. There are these campers in every direction, kids crying in every corner, immature idiots singing on the mic.

And I am STILL not finished. This campaign.....just feels like saints row 3's campaign. Rushed,with no redeeming qualities. This campaign is basically what you can describe,the perfect t-u-r-d. You can basically hide in cover for the whole game,because every time you advance,your teammate will just eradicate everything for you.

And the dog. WHO GIVES A FLYING SHlT about the dog! Gah! SCREW THIS PIECE OF SHlT! It am done!

FINAL VERDICT:
    The perfect turd.

This game has nothing to offer. This is like,a jump off a cliff for Call of duty. I am done with this.
  93. Nov 5, 2013
    Change... Change can be good and change can also be bad but I am happy and relived to report that in the case of Call of Duty Ghosts change is for the best with a refreshing campaign a refined multiplayer and a fun and robust extinction mode which see's you and other players defend against a varried array of aliens. Call of Duty Ghosts is one of the best if not the best Call of Duty to date.
  94. Nov 5, 2013
    Not bashing on Call of Duty or comparing it to BattleField like everyone does, i like both series.
    ..but Call of Duty is so afraid of change or push the franchise forward, there really is no reason to buy Ghosts, the multiplayer has new features but other than that, the engine sucks, it's the same old polished engine from Modern Warfare and it really can't compete with all the Next-Gen
    beauties coming out (Killzone, Destiny, Battlefield 4) Buy it for the multiplayer but don't expect too much innovation, it's the same old money milking franchise we love to hate. Expand
  95. Nov 5, 2013
    Played in a Ghost tourny at the Local Wally world. Seems like a carbon copy of the last few games not worth the $60 if you already have a Cod game id say wait a while before getting this one 6.5/10
  96. Nov 5, 2013
    Wow guys. Cant we all get along? This game is definately not a 1-6. Its not amazing but its also not battlefield bad. Everyone complains that it never changes but wheres your battlefield when it comes to change? exactly. Wheres Halo when it comes to change? EXACTLY! If it aint broke dont fix it just add to it. Thats what they all do. I know Battlefield isnt a bad game but I hate it cuz its not my style. If it aint your style then dont rate it, play battlefield or halo. we dont care about your trolling. go play your slow paced tank games while we run around and have fun. Expand
  97. Nov 5, 2013
    its a good game. goes down more towards the black ops 1 route. bigger maps, less kill streaks. not a total meat grinder other cods have been in the past. I personally didn't like black ops 2 and MW3, do to the small maps and constant non-stop pace. best since black ops in my opinion.
  98. Nov 5, 2013
    One of the best games and the best shooter game this generation. Very action packed, great visuals on ultra, especially in 3D, interesting campaign (much better then BF4), the dog is real deal and very fun to watch, many memorable moments and great shooter mechanics. What else to say? Masterpiece. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  99. Nov 7, 2013
    Multiplayer feels like CoD 4 and MW2. Its not dominated by killstreaks, and you have to really have to earn new weapons. Unfortunately, in order to unlock new stuff you have to complete challenges that are ridiculous, and squad points take forever to earn. That said, extinction is great, and squads is an interesting concept that I hope they continue to develop.

Single player campaign is
    the typical cinematic goofiness you'd expect, but at least it does have an interesting new background story.

8/10 Good, but not great
  100. Nov 5, 2013
    Great, I am surprised that there are so many haters, but that is probably because call of duty will always be a more popular title than battlefield 4. I feel this game is much better than black ops 2 and I hope to see eSports develop in this game.

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.