2.6

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Same S*** Different Day. If you played one Call of Duty, you've played them all. Nothing innovative or different about Ghosts, don't waste your time. Or money.
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    Campaign is fine... same formula as the rest. Multiplayer, for me, is just unplayable. The lag is awful and you will constantly spawn in the middle of action or right in front of someone. There is virtually NO indication you are getting shot at... I figure maybe this is lag? You get hit and your dead... but then replay shows enemy hitting u up the usual 3-4 times. Maps are way big andCampaign is fine... same formula as the rest. Multiplayer, for me, is just unplayable. The lag is awful and you will constantly spawn in the middle of action or right in front of someone. There is virtually NO indication you are getting shot at... I figure maybe this is lag? You get hit and your dead... but then replay shows enemy hitting u up the usual 3-4 times. Maps are way big and cluttered with no flow... only MAYBE 3 decent ones. Unless you are a camper or sniper, the MP is terrible. I've also gotten horrible headaches every time I play. Expand
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    It's just another Call of Duty game, expect nothing better and nothing worse.

I own both Battlefield 4 and Ghosts, I have to be completely honest. Ghosts compared to BF4 is just laughable. Everything about Battlefield's multiplayer is far superior to that of Call of Duty. Ghosts isn't a bad game at all, but it's not a great one. Too many years of the same thing can cause fatigue for
    It's just another Call of Duty game, expect nothing better and nothing worse.

Ghosts isn't a bad game at all, but it's not a great one. Too many years of the same thing can cause fatigue for most gamers and it's disappointing that Infinity Ward could have really enhanced the experience of Call of Duty this time around yet once again they have failed to deliver. I'm not going to give the game a completely negative review as it does provide some hours of fun and is a decent game to pick up if you like jumping online with a few friends and killing people, but that is the problem. It's the same thing over and over, hence why I'm giving the game a 5 10 this time around.

Maybe it's time to end the Call of Duty series, it may be the cash cow for IW and Treyarch, but lets face it. It has outlived it's purpose and is becoming incredibly tedious boring now. There are only so many times that I can prestige before it stops feeling rewarding. Hopefully with the Next Gen, we will see much better FPS games and maybe even Battlefield dominating the genre.
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    Cough... Cough... this is not anything special nor is it a fail its a average game none the less, the way they made it so you can use the dog is the interesting part of it all.. Nothing about this game lights the spark sadly to say,but its worth rent...
  5. LTR
    Nov 11, 2013
    This is a decent game. Even though the campaign is great, the multiplayer is very disappointing, extinction is horrible and squads is pretty much combat training.
  6. Nov 9, 2013
    I know I am about a week late to the COD party on this one. I did not have pay for it due to special circumstances. Having said that; my expectations for this game were low. I have been away from COD for about a year. I assumed nothing would really have changed.

I was right. After playing briefly (on PS3) I noticed the animations, sounds, and textures were all pretty much copy and pasted. Also I suffered from significant drops in frame rate and textures would just not load. The online isn’t bad, but it is not much different from previous installments of the franchise. They stuck with what the knew and, to me, that is the downfall of the game. There is no innovation, no wow factor, that makes you want to continue playing. Aside from the ever evolving “create a class” system nothing feel different at all. In fact, the new system is more complex than ever and takes a step back from the “pick up and play” FPS that it was known for. Nothing about makes it a must have game. It certainly doesn’t have the kind of power to steal fans from another FPS. I will not deny that it can be fun at times, but it is not a game that leaves you wanting more.

With games like Killzone, BF4, and Titanfall being direct competition for the series you would think they would have tried to give fans a reason to stay. Instead they opt to rely on their name to sell copies, and I’m sure that worked for some. But sales do not correlate with quality.

If I had to pay for this game I would not pay more than 20$
  7. Nov 7, 2013
    *Only Applies to Multiplayer*

*Only Applies to Multiplayer*

To start off I have played every Call of Duty since Modern Warfare and have got my money's worth from each one and that was no different in Ghosts. It has the good levelling system and the create a class. As well as things being added good things such as S&D and HQ are taken away as well as the unbalanced multiplayer where you can get any gun at any level with the CoD points which was a bad idea. Although there have only been few changes to the engine it is still a good engine to play on. 7/10
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is an ok game. Definitely not not a great game. The Multiplayer will not upset as it is the most immersive Call of Duty Multiplayer and I have played every single one since Call of Duty 1 on the PC. The Campaign is the most upsetting though. It is a complete flop compared to the Campaign of BOII. The Extinction is fine but I don't find it compelling enough to play it a lot. SoThis game is an ok game. Definitely not not a great game. The Multiplayer will not upset as it is the most immersive Call of Duty Multiplayer and I have played every single one since Call of Duty 1 on the PC. The Campaign is the most upsetting though. It is a complete flop compared to the Campaign of BOII. The Extinction is fine but I don't find it compelling enough to play it a lot. So the only positive is the Multiplayer. Not worth $60 but still fun to play. Expand
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    Have you ever played a fps in an arcade, well that's what the new addition to the call of duty franchise feels like singleplayer wise. A huge spectacle of cutscene's and then an average shooter in between and some of the most predictable AI I have ever come across in the series so far. I felt more of an attachment to the modern warfare characters. Multiplayer though has its spectacularHave you ever played a fps in an arcade, well that's what the new addition to the call of duty franchise feels like singleplayer wise. A huge spectacle of cutscene's and then an average shooter in between and some of the most predictable AI I have ever come across in the series so far. I felt more of an attachment to the modern warfare characters. Multiplayer though has its spectacular improvements but unfortunately also a few negatives like the over complicated create a soldier system which is fun to explore the various options to make your soldier look like the ultimate badass but the perk system could get some help from the previous years black ops 2 which was very convenient and simple. All in all multiplayer has a few tweaks there and there and the environment which changes ever so slightly on occasion is a nice touch. Sniping has never been so fun with a new look and feel to the scope it may be minor, but my does it give a fresh feel to the black circle which we are used to. call of duty ghosts has its many positives but along with it comes its negatives. But still ends up being an all out fun game
    Positives:
    New engine
    Create a soldier customization
    Sniping
    Extinction
    New multiplayer modes
    Negatives:
    Single player doesn't feel new
    Over complicated perk system
    Maps are large
    Not the best call of duty
  10. Nov 9, 2013
    As someone who has played every CoD since CoD 4, I have to say I think I finally understand what I didn't like about the Infinity Ward ones. I have always preferred Treyarch CoD's. There are many improvements to this game. I won't list them but here is what is at the core wrong with it.

The mostly non-linear or symmetrical maps that Infinity Ward makes create lots of frustration. Atleast that's what I think. Sure then the maps seem plain and boring but I think it really nullifies some of the camping or atleast makes it easier to counter. In my opinion I don't like the Infinity Ward style of maps.

The spawning is REALLY bad but that alone shouldn't bring down the score too much.

The game has returned to a lot of the CoD: 4 style gameplay that I think many wanted, but I feel the complexity of the maps mixed with the very poor spawn system really hits this game in it's knees. I think it would preform a lot better if those areas were addressed.

Overall I see no crazy balancing issues that need to be addressed. Almost every area (excluding those I complained about) has been improved. If you enjoy the Infinity Ward style more go ahead and buy it. If you enjoy the Treyarch style more you make want to try it out first. I will be keeping my copy, but I may head back to BO 2 often.
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    I would rate this game out of 10 as 7 has I like the customizing on characters however I don't like a few maps.If you are considering on buying the game for your son,boyfriend or cousin then you will expect a few disappointments.
  12. Nov 11, 2013
    This year's most popular FPS war series that was announced a long-awaited step forward. Unfortunately, changes were again small. Call of Duty: Ghosts like its predecessors, also in terms of the number of explosions and even exaggerated pathos accompanying videos.
  13. Nov 12, 2013
    I'm gonna be honest here. It appears that most people who wrote reviews for this game haven't even played it, they're just bashing it without giving it a chance because it's Call of Duty. I'm willing to bet only 1/3 of the negative reviews are from people who actually played it and bashed it.
    Anyways, I'm gonna be honest, it's not a terrible game. Yes, it is the same formula as past CoD games, but the formula works (i mean people keep buying it). The new multiplayer maps are slightly above mediocre, and the multiplayer is about as broken as black ops ii with all the lag. What redeems this game is the fact that it's still fun to play if you're not a person who's been playing CoD your whole life, the graphics are still good (even if the update isn't much).
    Breakdown:

Pros Excellent graphics, good story, brand new game mode

Cons same formula, terrible maps (especially Stonehaven) and the lag comp.

New Extinction mode is neither. It's a nice addition to the game, but it's a far cry from zombies. So to all you no lifes who just write reviews to write them, just stick with your CoD4 and leave the new people alone.
  14. Nov 16, 2013
    I agree its not the best in the series, but giving a game a 0 because of the few shortcomings and derivative gameplay is harsh. The game is really a 75 and was still a fun ride.
  15. Nov 30, 2013
    COD Ghost is precisely what I expected it to be. Instant gaming for the masses. Everything in this game is cheap and quick. The campaign is crap but who plays COD for the campaign. The multiplayer doesn't only feel like every COD thats been released for the XBOX 360. It also adds in cheap "innovations" which aren't really original they're just taking from other platforms and COD BO.COD Ghost is precisely what I expected it to be. Instant gaming for the masses. Everything in this game is cheap and quick. The campaign is crap but who plays COD for the campaign. The multiplayer doesn't only feel like every COD thats been released for the XBOX 360. It also adds in cheap "innovations" which aren't really original they're just taking from other platforms and COD BO. However, the game serves its purpose. We're entertained and love this franchise so much we'll spend $60 dollars on a new expansion every year.

I gave this game a (6) because I somewhat enjoy the multiplayer. However, I feel that IW dropped the ball on introducing a new chapter in COD; they should have stuck with MW. This game is becoming so similar to BO its almost impossible to tell the difference. Hopefully, the Next Gen will encourage some real changes.
  16. Dec 13, 2013
    There is not much new on the table. This game feels like leftovers with some dessert thrown in. It has a good story with it, but not everyone likes hooks at the end. They keep the same proven mutiplyaer with some goodies thrown in, but not enough to satisfy some fans. It is a decent game, but there is just not enough new or enough improvements for this to be a great Call Of Duty.
  17. Feb 18, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghost is, well, it just "is"... The game not anything very impressive or innovative with most of the work was in the foundation in the first place. I'm not going to say the developers didn't try because it's hard to change something this big and something that sells so much. It's a great case of "if it's not broke, don't fix it" but that doesn't really work when yourCall of Duty: Ghost is, well, it just "is"... The game not anything very impressive or innovative with most of the work was in the foundation in the first place. I'm not going to say the developers didn't try because it's hard to change something this big and something that sells so much. It's a great case of "if it's not broke, don't fix it" but that doesn't really work when your releasing 10+ different games. But I'm forced to give it this score because it's a repeat of the same games over and over, while there are better games that are a lot more fun that deserve the spot light. This games features are, well, ordinary for a Call of Duty game. I can say the game is polished, feels nice, and does what it is supposed to. But this is just Call of Duty 4 updated over and over. I can't say its a bad game (As much as I want to) but it is getting old as well as annoying to see the success of this game because, as I said before, there are better games that deserve the spot light. Expand
  18. Apr 22, 2014
    I've played COD since cod4 and I'm sorry to say but I feel like the developers are trying to hard these days.. Making it way to easy for the average person or ( Noob ) to get into a game lobby and be able to enjoy it. Less recoil with all guns, able to unlock late game guns, attachments, and perks just with a few squad points.. Cod4 and mw2 are the best in the series because of the factI've played COD since cod4 and I'm sorry to say but I feel like the developers are trying to hard these days.. Making it way to easy for the average person or ( Noob ) to get into a game lobby and be able to enjoy it. Less recoil with all guns, able to unlock late game guns, attachments, and perks just with a few squad points.. Cod4 and mw2 are the best in the series because of the fact that you had to earn everything. I love cod but it definitely needs more touch on gameplay and less on cosmetics Expand
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    Not bashing on Call of Duty or comparing it to BattleField like everyone does, i like both series.
    ..but Call of Duty is so afraid of change or push the franchise forward, there really is no reason to buy Ghosts, the multiplayer has new features but other than that, the engine sucks, it's the same old polished engine from Modern Warfare and it really can't compete with all the Next-Gen beauties coming out (Killzone, Destiny, Battlefield 4) Buy it for the multiplayer but don't expect too much innovation, it's the same old money milking franchise we love to hate.
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    For being AAA series quality is sub par. Sound is bad, the U/I is very rough and the game is a bore to play. This is unacceptable for COD. I'm not hating because it's COD, I'm hating cause it's poorly thrown together. It's all the little things that add up to make this game bad. We all thought MW 3 was bad...that game is leaps and bounds over ghost.
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok so let me start by saying I have already played this game, because I can tell many people rating this so far have not. My friend buys every CoD, and we explored the multi player this afternoon. The ideas they have added are surprisingly good, but the game can't help but feel old....because it is.

Any changes they have made and added are long overdue, making them hard to appreciate. Player customization is something people have been begging for over the years, so it's hard to give them too much credit for finally adding it into this version. Any additions they've made seem minor considering the game engine is exactly the same. If CoD wasn't so busy churning out a game every single year, they would've been able to add the features in Ghosts into cod games from 3 years ago.

With other first person shooters actually pushing the envelope, any version of CoD from this point forward is just going to be stale as far as I'm concerened. If you have not gotten bored of the CoD franchise and are looking for an improved version of previous games, this does meet those expectations. The gameplay is smoother, the multiplayer is equally as fun as any version you've played in the past, and there a few bells and whistles to make it feel new.

That's just not my cup of tea (lol), and I rate games based on more than just face value. I rate this game a 5, because I'm not going to pay for a $60 dollar game that isn't worth the money. If this were another franchise without such a big name, this game would be available for $20 on the PC, either as an expansion, or as a discount sequel
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    People are idiots here, most people have 1-2 reviews and give this a 1 or lower. You've never seen a 0 game if you say this is 0. It's a pretty fun game with average graphics and little innovation.
  23. Nov 6, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghosts is one of those games that is difficult to give a score to. I have only played the multiplayer aspect of Ghosts because the campaign is always over the top and more of a movie than an actual game. I tend to agree with most user reviewers that the multiplayer is not up to par. One thing needs to be set straight though:it is nothing like Black Ops 2 or MW3! Many haveCall of Duty Ghosts is one of those games that is difficult to give a score to. I have only played the multiplayer aspect of Ghosts because the campaign is always over the top and more of a movie than an actual game. I tend to agree with most user reviewers that the multiplayer is not up to par. One thing needs to be set straight though:it is nothing like Black Ops 2 or MW3! Many have said that Infinity Ward is using the same old formula that comes out every year but it's not that simple. Infinity Ward has tried to make the maps larger and more battlefield-ish. This means no more maps that are predicated on three aisles that cut through them (choke points), and hello to chaos. At first I thought this would be a good thing because well coordinated teams tended to hold those choke points down and dominated the objective. What ensues though, is a bunch of randomness mixed with those pesky little campers, and a bunch of luck to determine your fate. I have played the game for about ten hours, and am nowhere near as skilled at this game than I have been at any of the previous iterations of Call of Duty.
    The fact that it takes forever to level up in this game is in itself not a problem, but just about any item you wish to use in this game: guns, equipment, explosives, killstreaks, attachments, etc., need to be unlocked using squad points. Unfortunately, squad points are too hard to come buy and the gamer will spend many hours using the bare bones of his/her inventory.
    For better or worse, these crazy maps require a fairly large clan to get any advantage holding down objectives. It seems that after each subsequent release of the Call of Duty franchise, the developers push clans and competitive gaming, more and more. I agree that this can be a good thing, but the problem is that these people are playing against the gamers who are playing it alone because, for whatever reason, they are not in a clan. The best players have even been playing this game, with their clan, for weeks before the game even came out, on maps that are ridiculous. The playing field is getting worse and worse for the average gamer, which is probably why so many people are hating on this game.
    Here is a breakdown of some tangible ways to score this game:

Graphics: 7 I thought the graphics looked fine on an aging machine.

Sound: 9

Gameplay:6 The controls have been barely touched which is not a bad thing. The problem is more in the maps that reward campers. In Black Ops 2, a camper with the perk "Ghost" on could still be seen on the map. In this game, they remain invisible, and they will kill many skilled players.

Replayability: 7 Sure there are plenty of things to unlock, but I don't know how many people will keep riding a train that seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

Over all: 6 Gameplay wins out, and in this case, that is not a good thing.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Played in a Ghost tourny at the Local Wally world. Seems like a carbon copy of the last few games not worth the $60 if you already have a Cod game id say wait a while before getting this one 6.5/10
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    Multiplayer Review Only:

Positive: Ghosts appears to have the best connection of all the COD's, very little lag. The game runs smoothly. Negative: Maps are too large for 12 players resulting in slow paced and mind numbingly dull games. A couple of the maps look nice but the rest feel very rushed and lacking polish. Many of the games I have played don't even reach the score limit. The
    Multiplayer Review Only:

Negative: Maps are too large for 12 players resulting in slow paced and mind numbingly dull games. A couple of the maps look nice but the rest feel very rushed and lacking polish. Many of the games I have played don't even reach the score limit. The muddy textures and shadows often make camping enemies invisible. The color palette for me is cartoonish, moving the series in more of a Black Ops direction visually. The character models are generic. The lighting engine looks ancient, very little detail and reflections off of objects such as your guns. It's astonishing that the majority of COD gamers vote smaller and faster maps as their favorites (Crash, Dome, Nuketown, Backlot, Wetwork, Firing Range, Summit, Terminal, etc.) yet IW went in the complete opposite direction. There is very little air support this time around, so leave your rocket launcher at home. For hardcore gamers, there is no map when you hit start which makes navigation through these horribly huge maps very confusing at times. The guns are run of the mill and lack any guts in the sound department. Some grenade launchers, like the Thumper, prevent the player from aiming down the sites. COD needs to either allow or just scrap certain weapons and attachments, I am sick of each installment trying to dumb certain things down and add perks to counter. Just have some guts and stand by your decisions IW! There is very little in the game to write home about as MW2 and BOps2 played a lot better. It is painful being provided with so many cool futuristic gadgets and features in BOps2 only to have them taken away in Ghost. The whole experience feels gutted, generic, and lacks love and polish. I would not recommend this game to anyone.
  26. Nov 7, 2013
    I can't in all good conscience give this game a zero because it is an excellent multiplayer experience. The campaign has some "newish" stuff and isn't "bad". It contains many good moments and some worthy of a face palm. It clearly wasn't the focus of game design. I think the general insult to the public that you can see manifesting in the user reviews would be greatly diminished if theI can't in all good conscience give this game a zero because it is an excellent multiplayer experience. The campaign has some "newish" stuff and isn't "bad". It contains many good moments and some worthy of a face palm. It clearly wasn't the focus of game design. I think the general insult to the public that you can see manifesting in the user reviews would be greatly diminished if the Call of Duty Franchise accepted what it has become. It is primarily a multiplayer experience. Quit tacking on a campaign as a secondary feature. I love and actually prefer campaigns but I don't want to see them suffer because so much attention is given to multiplayer. Multiplayer and Campaign can both be top notch experiences but not when packaged together and created annually. I understand that publishers would rather gouge out their own eyes than release a FPS campaign without a multiplayer, so we'll never see them released separately. Instead take some extra time and refine both parts of the experience then we won't see such a copy and paste franchise. Expand
  27. Nov 8, 2013
    Ok I wouldn't say piece of crap. I will say tons of bugs. I always hated the fact that if I am up against someone face to face, I shoot, bullets appear and I hear the gun shoot but yet I die first, then my bullets vanish. That's not fair why can't we both die regardless of who's bullets hit first? So, 1. Poor design! Ok developers and people who state that this is a realistic game. If IOk I wouldn't say piece of crap. I will say tons of bugs. I always hated the fact that if I am up against someone face to face, I shoot, bullets appear and I hear the gun shoot but yet I die first, then my bullets vanish. That's not fair why can't we both die regardless of who's bullets hit first? So, 1. Poor design! Ok developers and people who state that this is a realistic game. If I shoot someone with say a shotgun 2 times in the face. There should be absolutely no way someone can pull a pistol and shoot me once and I die. Despite the fact I shoot them in the face from 5 feet away perceivably. Before you dumb a$$e$ say it I know I hit them because I get the hit markers to prove it. Next, on more than 20 occasions in this game in core mode, which is horrible, I'll aim, the cross hairs turn orange, I shoot and no hit markers? huh? What's up with that? Ok, I could send the developers or the ones that can fix this a long list of issues, but can not find the place to do so. Oh, I heard a long time ago Activision would ruin the COD experience once they purchased the franchise. Hmm, I think that person might be right. Expand
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    I cant comment on the campaign mode because I only play multiplayer.
    Xbox 360
    1.Graphics are very dull looking. 2. Unrealistic gun sounds. They all sound like the are being fired inside of a sewer pipe. 3. I can live with the huge maps, but the re-spawn points are pathetic. 4. Player customization has no effect in game,its all for show, very little developer thought. 5. Voice chat
    I cant comment on the campaign mode because I only play multiplayer.
    Xbox 360
    1.Graphics are very dull looking.
    3. I can live with the huge maps, but the re-spawn points are pathetic.
    5. Voice chat identification in game is gone so you dont know which of your team mates is talking.
    6. Removing SnD from the game? I mean search and rescue is cool and all but to remove the second biggest game mode next to TDM from the game entirely?
    If this what the future holds for Call of Duty with developer Treyarch and Activision then I wont have to worry about forking out $500 for a new console next year to play the Next Gen boring CoD game like Call of Duty Ghosts has become.
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is the expansion you have been waiting for!

As a game that sells its "Next gen graphics" The graphics on the current gen are horried. The fact that the textures in Call of Duty Modern Warfare look better is sad. No one really plays COD for the single player and i havent touched it but from what i have been told it sounds like another COD story. It has a diffrent
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is the expansion you have been waiting for!

No one really plays COD for the single player and i havent touched it but from what i have been told it sounds like another COD story. It has a diffrent tone to it with the whole show seen in the trailers but i wont dive into that.

The leveling system is the same, instead of unlocking guns you now gain squad points for doing certain things which will let you unlock guns, accessories and even perks (can be unlocked through leveling) The points system is meh, i like that i can pick my favorite weapon right away but it could take a good 4 hours before you are able to get your weapon and attatchments for it. You can have camo for your weapons but it is unlocked via completing challenges with said weapon.

The multiplayer has the same basic modes like TDM and Hardcore matchs. There are two modes that i think are new that i love. I find cranked fun as people arent staying in hallways, if you get a kill you move and look for another or you die. The other would be hunted. In hunted you start with a pistol, one clip, two knives and a flashbang. You have to get random weapons from care packages and kill the enemys.

There is also the squads mode. i havent played alot of that as i have only had the game for about a day. It seems like its a bot match but you can customize the bots and you face other peoples bot teams. So its you and your squad versus someone else and there squad.

The new "odd" mode is Extinction. Aliens are attacking and you have to stop them. It is still waves but you have to take out hives while you do it. I have not played it yet but there is a leveling system to it so its not just repeattive stuff like Zombies.

Now, as i have only played the game for maybe 10 hours. I have to say i had NO intention on getting call of duty ghosts. It looked EXACTLY like the past call of dutys, Which i was 100% right. Ghosts is just modern warfare with new weapon skins. Now the reason this is getting a 4 is because even though it is just an expansion its still fun multiplayer. I used to HATE Black ops 2 and MW3 MP but now for some reason i find it fun. They have a new level of customization that makes it feel like YOU are the soilder and not some nameless hack who dies alot.

Now if you loved the past call of dutys, get it. You will love it as it is the EXACT same game. If you hate the past Cod's, Dont touch it as its the EXACT same game. For being the EXACT same game it is a little more fun this time around.

So for Ghosts as a triple a title is horrid. compared to battlefield 4 it is a disaster, but as a game where you just want to run around and make little kids and grown men wine, Ghosts is what you would want.

Thanks for reading.
  30. Nov 7, 2013
    Listen its not great but how anyone can think this is worse than last year's unplayable rubbish is beyond me. The spawning sucks but at least I'm not watching killcams of myself dying in a position I ran past 10 secs before. Its a stepping stone and I hope it gets updated in aid to fix some issues and reinstalling some old game types would be nice.
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Average User Score: 2.1
    Nov 8, 2013 7 Call of Duty: Ghosts ImageAs the old saying goes with the "Call of Duty" Franchise, "If you played one Call of Duty game, you played them all!" That unfortunately is TRUE. The only Call of duty games I have ever played are Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty Black Ops (Just a little bit of the story), Call of Duty Black Ops II and now
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Average User Score: 2.1
    Nov 8, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts ImageAs the old saying goes with the "Call of Duty" Franchise, "If you played one Call of Duty game, you played them all!" That unfortunately is TRUE. The only Call of duty games I have ever played are Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty Black Ops (Just a little bit of the story), Call of Duty Black Ops II and now Call of Duty Ghosts. Every Call of Duty fanboy and etc. has already talked about the game's FAULTS! I actually want to talk about how Infinity Ward can make this game BETTER and now a cash in! First, give the fans a more LONGER/ engaging story with emotion and dark elements with branching paths. Second, give us a more enhanced customization mode with a weapon creator, more ethnic races to choose from, more colors to choose from, more variety of weapons and any other suggestions Infinity Ward's dedicated fan base. Call of Duty fans need more elements like better Fish A.I, more levels without having to buy them but instead, UNLOCK them, better ways to trap campers, more innovative ways to destroy buildings, ride helicopters, save citizens, RPG like elements where we can intereact with NPC's and give us something else to do besides run around and kill people by making it more innovative like Battlefield but at epic proportions! Third, NO MORE POINTLESS DLC! (Make it an option for us to buy the dlc or complete tasks to unlock certain weapons and etc.) And Lastly, Give the fans more OFFLINE and ONLINE multiplayer modes! (Come up with something new!) I am tired of hearing everyone saying, "Call of Duty sucks and it is overrated!" Prove all the nay-sayers wrong! MAKE CALL OF DUTY BETTER.. NOT WORSE! STOP BEING LAZY and put more effort into your GAMES!!! 7/10!
  32. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, I think Battlefield fans are all the 900+ people who gave a negative score. Call of Duty Ghosts was not IF's best, but the game was somewhat good. Campaign is a little longer than previous games and has it's intense moments, such as when Elias dies and Riley gets shot. While Extinction is close to impossible on Solo, I found that it was a unique way to bring back survival typed game. Multi-player is my issue. The maps are too damn big! it allows for snipers and marksman rifles to be the most used guns! This game was fine until I sat down and played Multi-player. They might of changed, but in my opinion, Multi-player is the one that brought them down to a "7" rating from Big League reviewers and a "6.9" for me. Infinity Ward... when you make DLC in January, please make sure to not make gigantic maps. Expand
  33. Nov 7, 2013
    Too many BF fanboys trying to ruin fun for others. Talking that BF4 is a better option? LMAO for what, more bugs, glitches and examples of why they're just milking u fools with BF3.5? Don't get me wrong Ghosts is pretty bad but BF4 is a joke. The Squads is the biggest letdown, I thought it would be fun as hell. Remember them talking about how the bots would be just like human players,Too many BF fanboys trying to ruin fun for others. Talking that BF4 is a better option? LMAO for what, more bugs, glitches and examples of why they're just milking u fools with BF3.5? Don't get me wrong Ghosts is pretty bad but BF4 is a joke. The Squads is the biggest letdown, I thought it would be fun as hell. Remember them talking about how the bots would be just like human players, doing jump shots etc.? No what they meant was, YOU WILL DIE, because these things don't miss and are just OP as hell. I agree huge maps are fun, but not when they are populated by 6 enemies per side. Thus deeming this COD's MP "The year of the camper" because there isn't much of a chance to get any kind of a streak run and gunning. I think COD has hit a tipping point, if they don't do something, I mean something revolutionary next year, Call of Duty will go the way of the Palm Pilot. Cue sad music. Expand
  34. Nov 10, 2013
    I used to look forward to each Infinity Ward release of Call of Duty. I never was a huge fan of FPS shooters until a friend recommended the title to me. I always play the campaigns and beginning with MW3 it almost started feeling like IW didn't seem to care about the campaigns. Meanwhile Treyarch was making a better multiplayer adding in new features. A lot of people have said thisI used to look forward to each Infinity Ward release of Call of Duty. I never was a huge fan of FPS shooters until a friend recommended the title to me. I always play the campaigns and beginning with MW3 it almost started feeling like IW didn't seem to care about the campaigns. Meanwhile Treyarch was making a better multiplayer adding in new features. A lot of people have said this game feel likes an expensive map pack. It truly is...nothing earth shattering with the campaign and the multiplayer had serious issues. If you aren't hosting you are losing. This problem may be solved once dedicated servers kick in. But right now it's an absolute disaster. 50% of the time you get taken out you think it's a sniper and then you see the kill cam and realize 6 bullets were actually used instead of 1. Again patches may fix this issue but this version of CoD is nothing that hasn't been done before Expand
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    An entertaining romp, it annual release is welcome and most gamers are used to it by now. However compared to last years black ops II its a step backwards unfortunately, the singleplayer is fine. Online fine. Nothing has been pushed uniquely added. No risks have been taken. The story is boring but gets better(crazier) towards the ending.

Better luck next time, think about a combination

Better luck next time, think about a combination or eras next outing, Call of Duty: Time at war. Feature Ww1 ww2 Vietnam 80s now and the future. That would be epic, we had a taste of it in black ops 1/2
  36. Nov 7, 2013
    The game in itself is fun, but that's if you don't take into account that CoD's been the same, reskinned game since 4. The campaign was pretty fun but short and lacking story other than the generic "These are the bad guys. So you're killing them.". I liked the characters but you barely get to know them. Overall I'd give the campaign a 5 or 6 due to the lack of character development andThe game in itself is fun, but that's if you don't take into account that CoD's been the same, reskinned game since 4. The campaign was pretty fun but short and lacking story other than the generic "These are the bad guys. So you're killing them.". I liked the characters but you barely get to know them. Overall I'd give the campaign a 5 or 6 due to the lack of character development and actual plot.

MP and Extinction are pretty fun as well, but it's not like I'm going to be playing them for hundreds of hours. It gets repetitive pretty fast.

If you want my advice, just rent it. It's not worth keeping unless you're a diehard CoD fan.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    Very similar to the last game, which is to be expected. The real surprise for me is how generous they are with multiplayer maps. 15 including the bonus one! Considering how much money they make on DLC map packs, I was expecting the suits at Activision to scale back the content in the initial release to milk this franchise like Gears of War did. Pleasantly surprised.
    If you like CoD, then
    If you like CoD, then you'll like this CoD. If you want CoD to completely change things up to freshen their formula, then you should just switch to another shooter. There are lots of great ones out there.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    This Call of Duty is not terribly bad, but not extremely fun, though I have only played it on the Xbox360. Hopefully the textures will look better on next gen. The online is the same concept with a few changes to the customization. It is just another Call of Duty. That being said, Call of Duty is not a terrible game.
    It is a basic First-person Shooter.
    Ever genre needs the basics, and
    It is a basic First-person Shooter.
    Ever genre needs the basics, and Call of Duty is just that, and they have the budget to make the basics sorta fun.
  39. May 7, 2014
    COD: Ghosts is a fun and involving game, in this installment they just try to throw you into the action from start to bottom without changing the mood, though it maybe means excellent but the quality of the story sometimes lacks and sometimes seems childish, Overall game is good enough
  40. Jan 1, 2014
    Call of duty ghost is a good game the best part about is the multiplayer I like the graphics But my biggest flaw is where are the ghosts.....................................................
  41. Nov 9, 2013
    OK there are a lot of COD haters who have just put in a 0 score because they are immature idiots but as someone who has been a huge fan of the previous games, especially Black Ops 1 and 2, it pains me to say that Ghosts is a huge let down. I (like many) play COD for it's multiplayer. The previous games were great fun but Ghosts is almost a chore to play. The maps are just downrightOK there are a lot of COD haters who have just put in a 0 score because they are immature idiots but as someone who has been a huge fan of the previous games, especially Black Ops 1 and 2, it pains me to say that Ghosts is a huge let down. I (like many) play COD for it's multiplayer. The previous games were great fun but Ghosts is almost a chore to play. The maps are just downright confusing and far too big, with camping seemingly rewarded due to the poor design. Quick scoping is worse than ever despite Infinity Ward claiming they had dealt with it. In the games I've played so far there seems to never be a shortage of people running around with a sniper rifle as if it was an SMG. It is almost impossible to face off against a quick scoper now because of the accuracy and power of the sniper rifles. Also the most annoying thing is basically if you don't get the drop on someone you are dead there is no room for returning fire as either the weapons are overpowered or the player health has been turned down dramatically since the previous games. It makes the game completely frustrating to play compared to the previous titles and rewards camping. I'm seriously disappointed in Ghosts after all of the hype. Black Ops 2 was far better... Expand
  42. Nov 9, 2013
    It would be perfectly okay if you skipped this game. There is almost no innovation in this game at all. I don't know how activision can get away with just putting out the same game over and over again. I don't expect CoD to survive another 3 years at this rate. An unbelievably average game.
  43. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is absoloutley very interesting and has awesome graphics it looks very realisic the call of duty has contained dogs which is very good so when you have 3 kills in a row you will automatically get a dog and helps you kill the enemys.Which is on the multiplayer you have a choice of all sorts of games which you prefer and then you can play the campaign which is like a story and then you can choose which levels you prefer hard or easy it is quite good because there are new features and a choice of different weapons which is very good to play with .The only bad thing in the game is that the scoreboard where you can see your kills and deaths has got smaller and it is in the corner right hand side that is not very good because it will take you some time to find your name and see your kills and while you are trying to check your name you can get shot and get killed in the game ,over all the game is very good and very fun to play. Expand
  44. Jan 21, 2014
    Let me start by saying I LOVE CoD. I have been a fanboy since MW2. Love the series... Let me say this game is not CRAP. This game has A LOT of potential. But its not... that... great :/ Lets get to pros and cons..

Campaign Pros/Cons PROS: - Weapons have a nice feel to them - Finally... Some TANK missions - Not TOO many slo-mo breach and clears - OMFG A SPACE MISSION!!! -

Campaign Pros/Cons

PROS:
    - Weapons have a nice feel to them
    - Finally... Some TANK missions
    - Not TOO many slo-mo breach and clears
    - OMFG A SPACE MISSION!!!
    - Underwater Missions
    - Lots of stealth missions (me like :D )

CONS:
    - Seems like the same old CoD campaign (do this, kill these people, defend this guy, use this turret..)
    - Short (can be beaten EASY in one day
    - Characters don't really seem like i can connect with them. I didn't care if they died or not. Like in Black Ops 1, i legit LOVED that campaign. It was new ideas... New concepts... It was one of my favs!
    - The helicopter mission seems like its dragged out too long

Multiplayer Pros/Cons (prepare yourself... it's long)

PROS:
    - Sorta like the squad points idea... Nice how you don't have to wait until certain level to unlock something. Also like how you don't have to get tons of kills with the weapon to get attachments. You can unlock them as you wish.
    - Like the whole squads idea...
    - LOVE search and rescue!
    - Blitz, Cranked were nice additions!
    - Some weapons have integrated attachments in them
    - Different soldiers to prestige. You don't lose everything.
    - SAFEGUARD! :D
    - Almost no lag...
    - Hit detection is AMAZING

CONS:
    - No; Ground War, Demolition, or Hardpoint...
    - THE GOD DAMN DOG KILLSTREAK! It eats bullets and explosives for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday! Oh... and did i mention they have the range of only THE ENTIRE DAMN MAP!
    - The maps are TOO big. Unbelievable... 6 v 6 on giant maps like stonehaven... it means for very slow gameplay.
    - Of course... The CoD players worst enemy... SHOTGUNS. SO overpowered! Especially on Free Fall! #NerfShotguns!
    - Snipers are rather underpowered in my opinion.
    - Adding marksmen rifles was a bad move in my opinion. Semi auto assault rifles with the range and damage of snipers? If you have a modded controller you are practically INVINCIBLE!

Extinction Pros/Cons

PROS:
    - NONE. EXTINCTION IS CRAP.

CONS:
    - INFINITY WARD PUT IT IN THE GAME. GOD I HATE EXTINCTION! AWFUL! LEAVE ZOMBIE TYPE GAMEMODES TO TREYARCH! ITS LIKE THE ONE THING THEY CAN DO RIGHT!

Overall.....
    Umm infinty ward. Look. You guys did AMAZING on MW2 series... I loved them! You really went downhill on ghosts. Sorry. But its true. This game has SO much potential! Just... FIX this please. And i think i speak for a good chunk of your fan base. You don't want to become hated like David Vonderhaar. Hated and disrespected. Fix parts of the game...! ADD DEMOLITION PLEASE! Thank you! :D
  45. Jan 25, 2014
    I absolutely hate how some people hate this game because it is a "Copy and Paste" of other Call of Duty games. I swear if this is copy and pasted why the **** do you hate it and absolutely adore the other games. It doesn't make any ****ing sense. Also why in hell should I listen to critics. They are no different than the average hater. This game was definitely decent.
  46. Jan 19, 2015
    Call of duty ghosts is a really cool game, if you've read my previous review you'll know i'm all about the graphics and this has amazing graphics its a really interesting and fun game with a brilliant story mode that keeps you busy.
  47. Jan 14, 2014
    After 2 months of playing Ghosts, I really can't seem to find any reason for the franchise continuing on like this other than for the sake of easy money. CoD Ghosts' campaign is a super slow starter that does peak a bit to the point of being interesting and worth finishing, but the methods of which this franchise's storyline will be carried on were pathetically scripted and made for aAfter 2 months of playing Ghosts, I really can't seem to find any reason for the franchise continuing on like this other than for the sake of easy money. CoD Ghosts' campaign is a super slow starter that does peak a bit to the point of being interesting and worth finishing, but the methods of which this franchise's storyline will be carried on were pathetically scripted and made for a cheap excuse to continue on. Honestly, why bother with over-theatrical endings with impossible outcomes when you could just end it here and start fresh like just about every other company? That leaves us with the multiplayer to rally what has become a bothersome and uninspiring series over the last couple iterations. Like Black Ops 2, the multiplayer of Ghosts copycats its predecessors heavily but strips out a lot of the best things about the glory days. Gone are cool killstreaks like the AC-130 gunship, nuke strike, predator missiles, and such. Instead, we have things like rockets that are near impossible to nab kills with and high-end killstreaks that are incredibly tough to acquire. The setup is hilariously bad at times and saps some of the arcadey fun that we used to have back in Modern Warfare 2 and 3. Also noteworthy is the poor spawning system that seems to be setup for much larger maps but instead gets squeezed into the maps at hand and ultimately screw you over as players will literally spawn behind you, leaving you unaware and defenseless at random. Also, the dedicated servers that were promised are still missing in action. Infinity Ward have gone on to comment that they're coming, but no date has been given and it's been confirmed that they aren't even available for most platforms. Xbox One owners should eventually have access to them through the support of Xbox Live, but it's entirely possible that by the time they're implemented, we will all have sold off this mediocre excuse for next-generation gameplay and be on to something more promising like TitanFall or Destiny. If you are buying an Xbox One, or any other next-gen console, for a better experience, this is not where you want to end up. Try Battlefield 4 if you must have a shooter now, or try something else completely. Or... wait until March 11, 2013 for TitanFall, which is made by the guys who designed and helped write the first Modern Warfare game and made CoD great. Expand
  48. Mar 8, 2016
    As someone who isn't a fan of the Call of Duty franchise (most of the game's effort being put into the lame and repetitive multiplayer levels rather than the campaign itself), I began Call of Duty: Ghosts thinking it will be nothing but the same formula which many of fans and gamers alike are growing tired of, but I was a little surprised by this instalment and in my opinion is not as badAs someone who isn't a fan of the Call of Duty franchise (most of the game's effort being put into the lame and repetitive multiplayer levels rather than the campaign itself), I began Call of Duty: Ghosts thinking it will be nothing but the same formula which many of fans and gamers alike are growing tired of, but I was a little surprised by this instalment and in my opinion is not as bad as what people may state it is. The first few sequences of the game are very well structured (the first space level mostly) and gorgeous scenery is presented throughout the game, albeit some unfinished textures here and there which I guess will be cleared up on the next-gen versions of the game. There has also been some nice editions and changes to the game such as the addition of Riley, an animal companion in some levels of the game, who is always a joy when appearing on screen. There is also a lack of the repetitive breaching scenes as well as improvement on the "knifing" skills in which rather than a lame little slice, it is now a violent stab hence improving this. The game also features a great soundtrack, which not many reviewers touch upon and in my opinion, I think it works well with the game. The game certainly does have some drawbacks such as the game's storyline and story-arch which isn't necessarily terrible, but it is rather derivative, cheesy and quite messy and never manages to be as interesting as the first Black Ops storyline, which matches the fact that hokey dialogue is present as well. Other drawbacks include it falling back into generic Call of Duty territory as it delves further into the game and it does certainly get a bit repetitive at times in true CoD fashion. Overall, I kind-of enjoyed Ghosts albeit its flaws and I certainly expect this review to get plenty of dislikes due to the reasons stated prior. Expand
  49. Nov 17, 2013
    Look, I've bashed the last few Call of Duty games without mercy, but personally felt like BO2 provided glimmers of hope for the franchise as it had just enough ideas to elevate above all other recent offerings. But here comes Infinity Ward to wash all that away in a tide of garbage. Totally linear, same multiplayer, mediocre graphics. At this point, you get what you pay for people whoLook, I've bashed the last few Call of Duty games without mercy, but personally felt like BO2 provided glimmers of hope for the franchise as it had just enough ideas to elevate above all other recent offerings. But here comes Infinity Ward to wash all that away in a tide of garbage. Totally linear, same multiplayer, mediocre graphics. At this point, you get what you pay for people who buy this know what they're buying. So if you want to then by all means do so, but if you found previous incarnations lacking, particularly since mw3, then steer clear, and wait to see if Treyarch continues to push the series forward next year.

This is why I give it a 5; at this point the people who play this game enjoy it and those who don't will absolutely hate it. A mix between a n 8 and a 0 is a 4.
  50. Nov 21, 2013
    Another year, another COD. I buy it every year and have loads of fun but this year, it's all gone to pot. I love the MP but whoever designed these maps needs taking outside the IW offices so all the other members of staff can throw stickies at them. They are too big and too cluttered, I've gone through a whole TDM match and have seen 5 people! The best map on it is Stonehaven and thatAnother year, another COD. I buy it every year and have loads of fun but this year, it's all gone to pot. I love the MP but whoever designed these maps needs taking outside the IW offices so all the other members of staff can throw stickies at them. They are too big and too cluttered, I've gone through a whole TDM match and have seen 5 people! The best map on it is Stonehaven and that seems to have been stolen from Halo!
    This could be the last IW version of COD I buy, those maps have ruined it. This could even be the last COD in this format we see for a bit. The next gen with games like Titanfall and even BF4 make this look as old as the concept is. I wanted it to be the game that carries me through the winter, but it's just not the same anymore. Avoid this and spend your hard earned cash on something more worthy. Hell even BF4 is a better option and I've never got into Battlefield games.
  51. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IW's first bad game. I normally look forward to the IW release every other year over treyarch, and I thought after the fairly disappointing MW3 launch in 2011, that they'll step it up again in 2013. Well, I was wrong. They took a step back this time. 3 steps back to be exact. They focused way too much and the tiny details rather than focusing on the main idea. It was rather boring to be honest. The campaign seemed to just drag on and on. One of the worst things about the campaign was that it felt more like some copy and paste things (just retextured and more dog in it) from the MW series, but get this, it felt like a goddamn WW2 game during some parts. I mean WTF? This game is set during 2023 (I think). Not only that, I'm pretty sure they got somebody from a previous WW2 COD game to voice Rorke, I mean he even sounds exacly like the Sgt. from COD 2:Big Red One, except louder. And the trenches too. Yep, there's trenches, I was thinking that they retextured that from a scrapped WW1 or WW2 game a while back, I mean it feels like the Trenches in COD 2:BRO. And another thing too... physics doesn't seem to apply much in it, as you can shoot guns in space, and as far as I'm aware of, oxygen doesn't exist in the vacuum of space, so how do they fire? In the underwater level, the sharks are way too aggressive, actually I don't even think IW knows about sharks. For example, sharks in real life are way more scared of us then we are of them. Should you shoot 1 shark once, instead of swimming away, every shark in the whole goddamn ocean decides to swim faster than a bullet at you and attacks you. How does that work??? And even if you shoot it, if it comes within 15 feet of you, every move you do will freeze, and the shark commando lunges (MW2 reference if you don't get it) you, and you can't even defend yourself. And even if you kill one, another pops out of nowhere and does the same thing. Another thing too is that Riley, the dog/STAR of the game is soooo annoying. It's Riley this, use your dog for a really long part of the mission that if you fail you have to start at the beginning of that part again, or just plain carrying the poor thing. It's just annoying. Then back to Rorke. So IW, what if you're shot by a .44 Magnum round in the heart? Shouldn't you die? Yes of course you should, escpically when you're 10 feet away from the gun too. Yeah, so you shoot Rorke at the end underwater with that gun, and yet he magically lives. And what's better is that there's no way he could have come up from 50 feet with a bullet wound underwater and live.So basically if you wanted there to be a Ghosts 2 or whatever (Oh god please no), you could've done something more believable at the end. Moving to Extinction mode. It's short and sweet. It's very boring. For MP... Poor map designs, bad support, and just too many campers (which I guess it the same thing as the map design.). Well that's it. Expand
  52. ECU
    Apr 18, 2014
    Suprisingly bad. Some ore elements of the CoD franchise still existing like solid gun-fights and exciting set-pieces like the train level(which *is a cliche) but that's it. There is nothing more to this game. The whole campaign is worse than a B movie. Cliche dialogs, cliche over-used moments are everywhere. A hint to the producers: If you use "last moment jumps", "slow motion scenes",Suprisingly bad. Some ore elements of the CoD franchise still existing like solid gun-fights and exciting set-pieces like the train level(which *is a cliche) but that's it. There is nothing more to this game. The whole campaign is worse than a B movie. Cliche dialogs, cliche over-used moments are everywhere. A hint to the producers: If you use "last moment jumps", "slow motion scenes", "one bullet-one kill" moments every damn level, like every five minutes, it WILL NOT excite the players. I have to say again the story feels like it has been written by a 15 year old who's seen 5 or 6 war movies in it's entire life. The graphics looks worse than Black Ops 2 and I think it's meant so to make the next-gen version look way more better. Sound design also lacks the quality of the CoD series. IW, Neversoft and Raven are all respectable and talented studios but they wasn't ready to work together it seems. Activision should cancel the "one CoD every year" policy and start thinking about a fresh start with a lot more time and creativity. Expand
  53. Dec 26, 2013
    I bought BO2 as my first ever cod game. I fell in love with multiplayer. I never got really good but I loved to play. Each game was a rush and I never got tired of it. As soon as I could, I preordered Ghost and I couldn't WAIT to get it. I didn't know that the games were made by different studios so I thought they would be more alike. I didn't care for Ghost at first so I kept chasing theI bought BO2 as my first ever cod game. I fell in love with multiplayer. I never got really good but I loved to play. Each game was a rush and I never got tired of it. As soon as I could, I preordered Ghost and I couldn't WAIT to get it. I didn't know that the games were made by different studios so I thought they would be more alike. I didn't care for Ghost at first so I kept chasing the high that BO2 gave me and I never found it. I traded this game in today. I only play multiplayer and it just didn't seem as fun to me. I'm actually much better at this COD but I don't have near the fun I thought I would. For me, the maps are too big for how strong the bullets seem to be. I can't trash the game but I think Bo2 is much better than this in almost all aspects of multiplayer. The one aspect I like better in Ghost is the unlock system. Other than that, Ghost felt very blah to me. This is my first review and I know it wasn't very in depth but I wanted to write it to help anyone that wanted to buy Ghost just because they enjoyed BO2. Expand
  54. Dec 27, 2013
    Even though i have been a dedicated COD hater since MW2 I have to say that this game is a heartbeat in the dying franchise. The campaign has characters i liked even though elias is a little cliche. Ending isn't too great but i had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the environment and the idea altogether. Not too shabby IW but you have a bit to go until getting back to MW glory
  55. Jan 15, 2014
    Let me clarify two things right now. One: I do not hate this game. Two: I do not like this game.

Now the story is all over the place, something about an alternate universe where drug cartels and oil companies ruling South America... even though that's happening in this universe. The story CAN be interesting, but it fails to grasp you at an emotional scale. The ending, though... I realize they have to make sequels for this, but this ending is worst than the Mass Effect 3 ending. I realize I cannot take that back, but I'm saying it. The action is fine, not always pulse-pounding but it's not boring. I am not good at multiplayer at all so I can't give an honest opinion about that.

Overall, mediocre.
  56. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: The same old same old.

Graphics: Easily the highlight of my experience, the game does look a lot better than it has in the past few titles, which all looked respectable as well.

Sound: The firearms and explosions all sound swell as usual.

Playability: As smooth as ever, but with no new advancements or additions.

Entertainment: While it is fun and the multiplayer is polished and the campaign shines brightly for its special moments, it isn't anything we haven't already seen in most instances, and grows stale quicker than the previous games have.

Replay Value: Moderate.

Overall Score: 7.5
  57. Nov 24, 2013
    It's another call of duty game. Nothing special about it. It's just the company trying to make money with stupid costumers that probably just brought it blindly
  58. Jun 4, 2014
    Eh, the game is okay, Black ops 2 was A LOT better than this. The campaign was cool, but after a while it just got super BORING. I mean I thought this was a stealthy game after the trailer, but then I realized it was just like any other call of duty, just running and gunning. The multiplayer in here is just to berserk, I mean there are so many corners and turns, that no matter what you doEh, the game is okay, Black ops 2 was A LOT better than this. The campaign was cool, but after a while it just got super BORING. I mean I thought this was a stealthy game after the trailer, but then I realized it was just like any other call of duty, just running and gunning. The multiplayer in here is just to berserk, I mean there are so many corners and turns, that no matter what you do you ARE going to get shot. And your health in the game is pretty dang pathetic, not to mention the QUICKSCOPERS. My gosh, just stop making snipers seriously just stop, and then you won't have to worry about that. Extinction was a nicely done job, that's probably why this game isn't in the negatives, the story is pretty well set out, but the game play is just to dang impossible, I mean who's idea was it to make it so hard it is unbeatable to most people. Would recommend this? No not really, it was good, but not worth the 120$ that I paid for it. I really liked call of duty 4 modern warfare, I liked the whole modern warfare series. This just kind of made me lose everything I liked in call of duty, I mean seriously, make something new, don't just make the same thing YEAR after YEAR. It get's really boring playing the same thing again and again, just paying more money for it. Seriously, do something creative, I've about had it with this crap. And I am pretty sure that "Advanced Warfare" is going to have the same thing in it. Expand
  59. Jan 14, 2015
    This game is ok. The story is really masculine, in a stupid way though. The plot was pretty dumb but enjoyable. The visuals were fine. Noted a couple of texture glitches. Gameplay is ok. Nothing great. The same stuff expected in a COD game. Definitely not as bad as people are saying, but compared to many other gaming experiences, it's just not worth it.
  60. Dec 27, 2014
    WOW! I cant believe all the hate this game gets! the people who gave it a two or three only played it for two or three minutes! Now its not perfect but...its a great Call of duty game! i love the customization options although its a bit shallow. all in all not too bad!
  61. Apr 11, 2014
    Call of Duty is back (again) but once again, it disappoints to reach the level of awesomeness as both CoD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2

Campaign The Campaign is much better than the Black Ops II Campaign, also the original Black Ops, but not any better than the other CoD's, its campaign gives us the same intro as any other CoD game, war has started, your losing the war and you

Campaign
    The Campaign is much better than the Black Ops II Campaign, also the original Black Ops, but not any better than the other CoD's, its campaign gives us the same intro as any other CoD game, war has started, your losing the war and you kill Russians (why Russian's, why not Chinese, Japanese, or Germans again) but the second mission has a bit of stealth, the game overall has a bit of stealth (like most games have now) but you can control a dog, which may seem awesome for a bit, but there is a problem with it, is there any point of stealth (and how did you get pass so easily?) answer is no, whatever you do, is shoot, there going to find you one way or another
    Campaign = 7/10 It gets 7 because its ending makes you wish for more, and ends with a cliffhanger, which nearly confirms a sequel

Multiplayer
    Now im going to get some hate i guess for this, but the multiplayer is the bad thing in CoD, and has been since Black Ops (Black Ops was the game that destroyed CoD) but it tries to be good, it just is the same as all of the other CoD's
    Multiplayer = 2/10, gets 2 for being the same, only above 0 because it has some new stuff which can be entertaining, for about 30 seconds

Extinction
    So i had no interest with this mode, but i gave it a go, and this is a ok mode, but it won't be replacing Zombies with its fun, its a story based mode, which is very annoying to do, it even has strategy (IT HAS!... for once), thing is, it feels boring quick, feels like Zombies mode with Aliens and no Zombies, with taking away the windows.
    Extinction = 5/10, Could have got a higher score if it wasn't for it being boring easily

Overall = 6/10, Call of Duty Ghosts buries Multiplayer dead, Campaign misses the trick and a game mode which has fun, but only for a short while, would've given 4/10 if it wasn't for the new tricks
  62. Mar 26, 2014
    alright it's basically the same **** just a different title. Campaign brings a bit of fun shooting gallery arcade style gameplay as always that has a very unique story. The new Squads mode adds more to the AI in game and let's you attack other squads on set maps. Extinction mode brings new strategic fun to the "survival modes" the games have started. My main gripe is the multiplayer. Fewalright it's basically the same **** just a different title. Campaign brings a bit of fun shooting gallery arcade style gameplay as always that has a very unique story. The new Squads mode adds more to the AI in game and let's you attack other squads on set maps. Extinction mode brings new strategic fun to the "survival modes" the games have started. My main gripe is the multiplayer. Few maps and Weapons makes it feel sort of useless and the unlock system is annoying as you can purchase the best weapon at any level and make it pointless to grind for xp like other games. The multiplayer is also just filled with campers and people who exploit to win the games causing it to be annoying to play (back to BF3 or any old cod or even GTA for that matter). This game was a waste of the full 60 bucks (i payed 40 on xbox for on demand at christmas) recommend you play anything else or just wait for the price to drop. This is a good game don't get me wrong it is just annoying to play sometimes Expand
  63. Jul 19, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a small disappointment to most people.
    Ghost is a Black Ops 2 clone to most people and some think it as a new and fine addition to the franchise.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a small disappointment to most people.
    Ghost was okay by my standers and I played the entire Modern Warfare and Black Ops series, Ghost fells like a rushed game but has a small selection of entertainment hidden in it. If you watch Rooster Teeth's let's play videos there a fun game type they created called sensitivity training where you and some friends have to set the sensitivity to the highest or the lowest. There's two way you could do it a Free-For-All match or in a Team-death match make one team have the highest sensitivity and the other team the lowest.
    However Ghosts can get boring if you play it like an other Call of Duty, some games require a small amount of creativity to enjoy it.
    In the end it get a reasonable score of 6 or a 5.
  64. Nov 10, 2013
    If you're looking for the next installment to the CoD franchise, with a few tweaks, this is for you. If you were looking for something ground breaking from Call of Duty... well.. You should have known better. Whilst im not a fan, dont hate on a game you paid £40 for, when it was exactly what you should have expected it to be.
  65. Nov 21, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghost is a FUN game, but by no stretch of the imagination is it a GOOD game. While the core mechanics of COD are there, it is still an unpolished lack luster game, but so are all CODs so i digress. However the game has a strong community and it is fun to play with friends, and most of the time, that is what matters, but there is no excuse for minimal effort on graphics,Call of Duty Ghost is a FUN game, but by no stretch of the imagination is it a GOOD game. While the core mechanics of COD are there, it is still an unpolished lack luster game, but so are all CODs so i digress. However the game has a strong community and it is fun to play with friends, and most of the time, that is what matters, but there is no excuse for minimal effort on graphics, physics, and mechanics... so 7 Expand
  66. Dec 2, 2013
    Although the game has many noticeable flaws, the game is very fun, the campaign has a couple nice twists in it, the multiplayer is a tiny bit confusing once you first start but once you play long enough you'll figure it out. Maybe this is Microsoft's way of saying: "Buy the Xbox One." because, if you take a good hard look at the graphics, you can tell they just made a BS copy for all theAlthough the game has many noticeable flaws, the game is very fun, the campaign has a couple nice twists in it, the multiplayer is a tiny bit confusing once you first start but once you play long enough you'll figure it out. Maybe this is Microsoft's way of saying: "Buy the Xbox One." because, if you take a good hard look at the graphics, you can tell they just made a BS copy for all the people who AREN'T buying one. All in all, it's a pretty decent game. Expand
  67. Jan 11, 2014
    Very good singleplayer. Infinity ward did a good job on making all of the characters unique and and special in their own ways. The dog was a great addition to the game. I like how infinity ward took a whole different approach to this game. Not the usual run and gun, kill this villain, your team mate dies oh no. This was entirely different. I had great faith that infinity ward would make aVery good singleplayer. Infinity ward did a good job on making all of the characters unique and and special in their own ways. The dog was a great addition to the game. I like how infinity ward took a whole different approach to this game. Not the usual run and gun, kill this villain, your team mate dies oh no. This was entirely different. I had great faith that infinity ward would make a good comeback, after all of those terrible games they made before. The multiplayer is a different story. It's the same god damn thing, just with some create a soldier and extinction which sucks hard and was a huge disappointment. I overall enjoyed the singleplayer, but infinity ward need to work on their multiplayer. The lean feature is pretty useless but the sliding is pretty cool. I don't understand why people hate it so much. They're just so butthurt that it's the most bestselling first person shooter of all time and that it's not as perfect as battlefield or halo. Expand
  68. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Sighs* This everyone, is what is known as a fairly good game. I see everyone just rating it 0, and for what reason, IT SUCKS BECAUSE OF FANS AND THEY MAKE TOO MUCH OF IT AND IT EXISTS! Gg guys. I see other people who say BEST GAME EVER PLAYED IN LYFE! 10/10 would CoD again. And then there is people like me who REVIEW the game based on how GOOD it is and not based on things that don't actually effect the game play like 'the fans are a tad bit annoying' or 'there is quite a few of CoD games'. So this game, decent story, bland by a fair bit, but decent. Nice plot, simple, but it works. Pretty good ending, surprising a bit, doesn't work though *cough cough Rorke couldn't of survived that at all and then somehow teleports away from where he died by coming from the opposite direction*. The gameplay, was pretty damn good, you had the guns-blazing action and the run and shoot and grenades and boom and death and splosions was all good. Gotta love those slow-mo door break ins. But the thing is this game is bland, it's just the same thing in lots of different ways. Characters are portrayed nicely, however there is no real character development. Overall a generally good game, the sharp corners just need to be re-done and polished up. Expand
  69. Dec 26, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was very disappointing. It in no way lives up to its expectations, but as long as it can keep the drooling 9 year old's happy, it is good enough. There's still some substance to the multiplayer, and obviously the campaign is so short theres not much point it even being there. Extinction is the closest to fun in Call Of Duty that I've had since MW2. Expect this game toCall of Duty: Ghosts was very disappointing. It in no way lives up to its expectations, but as long as it can keep the drooling 9 year old's happy, it is good enough. There's still some substance to the multiplayer, and obviously the campaign is so short theres not much point it even being there. Extinction is the closest to fun in Call Of Duty that I've had since MW2. Expect this game to sell a ton, and to start a cult that WILL BRING THE WORLD DOWN, DEVELOPER BY DEVELOPER MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Expand
  70. Sep 11, 2014
    This is a standard CoD game with some useful updates and innovations. Better than both Black Ops games in my opinion. Perfect for people who like Call Of Duty the way it is with new weapons and more advanced maps. People giving this game a "zero" or "one" rating are out of there minds. If this game was a stand alone game without the reputation it has, it would be an 8,but with the Call OfThis is a standard CoD game with some useful updates and innovations. Better than both Black Ops games in my opinion. Perfect for people who like Call Of Duty the way it is with new weapons and more advanced maps. People giving this game a "zero" or "one" rating are out of there minds. If this game was a stand alone game without the reputation it has, it would be an 8,but with the Call Of Duty lineup in mind I give it a 5.

The campaign was forgettable.

In my opinion, CoD has diluted the experience that used to be so fun back in the MW2 days when killstreaks were actually worth getting, your skill with the sniper was unlimited, and map design was at an all time best. Everybody may have been "overpowered" in that game, but it made it so much more enjoyable. I had some fun with my friends playing this game but ultimately the way the game played was not fun enough to keep me coming back.
  71. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. hello, this is good.It's just poor, the game itself lack of immersion, It's always just about the same multiplayer and a throw-in singleplayer, the story script is just cheesy, the whole game feels cheesy, the character animation are over used since many many years ago, such a game isn't really bad at first, but after al these years, seiously, we are tired of it Expand
  72. Nov 14, 2013
    It is worth noting that in addition to single-player mode, which is really bad, this game in multiplayer mode is really good. Even a very good and dynamic. However, summing up did not show anything new especially at this budget.
  73. Nov 19, 2013
    The game is not bad but it's far from great. The spawns really need to be reworked especially on the smaller maps, I shouldn't spawn and then walk a couple steps around a corner then die. My biggest complaint about the game is actually the soundwhoreing, I don't think that what headset you own should affect how good you are at the game, I felt like Black Ops 2 did the soundwhoreing right,The game is not bad but it's far from great. The spawns really need to be reworked especially on the smaller maps, I shouldn't spawn and then walk a couple steps around a corner then die. My biggest complaint about the game is actually the soundwhoreing, I don't think that what headset you own should affect how good you are at the game, I felt like Black Ops 2 did the soundwhoreing right, it was harder to hear people and you could only hear people who were very close and what they were walking on depicted how loud they were (such as walking on metal you could hear them easily but hearing someone walking on grass was a little bit harder/impossible) I'm not saying soundwhoreing was good in Black Ops 2 because it wasn't i think footsteps should of been boosted up a little bit louder but not by much compared to Ghosts where you can hear people 10 to 15 ft away from you which is absolutely stupid and just causes people to corner camp a lot more because they know if they move someone will hear them. Also Dead Silence is practically useless since it can be cancelled out by Amplify, so if your playing against a soundwhore then there's really nothing you can do, especially since I've seen a lot of people running Amplify.

So I'm past the bad and now on to the "good". The story is good not the best story i felt but good, The last 2 Call of Duty's Black Ops 2 and now Ghosts have had story's worth playing through at least once, The story is also very easy on Veteran probably the easiest it's ever been in any other Call of Duty, I'm not sure to mark that as good or bad but i wish it was a little bit harder considering i usually ran through most of the levels with only 1 death or not dying at all on Veteran. Also the story lacks choice something that Black Ops 2 introduced to the single player of Call of Duty, Although i miss being able to make choices like in Black Ops 2 it's not that big of a deal and something most people will overlook anyways with that aside the story is not going to amaze you but if your bored and have nothing to do it will keep you busy for a couple hours.

Let's move on to what i like about the Multiplayer of Ghosts. The new class system is quite nice even though its it's a bit confusing at first. Now you can pick from a huge list of perks which is pretty cool even if some of them are not the most useful perks such as being able to "reload while running" but still cool, I found myself having trouble figuring out what perks to use and what not to use since there is a lot of them. The guns are pretty good but also very powerful you die very fast and I'm pretty indifferent on it since all of the guns are pretty overpowered it sort of balances it out but since you die so fast good luck turning on someone who is shooting you in the back. So lets talk about the maps that you probably see a lot of people complaining about, Some of the maps are pretty big but there are some that are really really small also and i like the bigger maps in the game also. Some of the smaller maps like Strikezone, Octane, Sovereign, Warhawk, Freight, Tremor, Flooded and Chasm some of these maps you can be within the middle of the map in 5 seconds of spawning and some of these feel a bit bigger mostly because of how many routes you can take within the maps, I'm not a big fan of these maps mostly because of the spawns and they are a bit chaotic. There are some truly bigger maps in the game such as Stonehaven, Overlord, Siege, Stormfront, Whiteout and Prison Break(Kind of smaller but has long routes that stretch around the map), These maps are actually pretty big and it can be hard to find people sometimes. I personally like the bigger maps because the spawns are better and i haven't been spawned near or in front of a person as much as i have in the smaller maps and they are a lot less chaotic.

Ghosts is not my favorite Call of Duty far from it but it's not that bad either. There are a couple things about the game that drive me nuts and other things i felt like they did right but overall I'm giving it a 7/10 for a few reasons the spawns on the smaller maps can be really bad sometimes and need to be reworked, There are so many different routes on the maps that there seems to be no real flow to the map and instead it's just complete chaos.
  74. Nov 20, 2013
    Sigh* Just another game to add to this never ending series of games. The Campaign lasted me about 6-7 hours which is to be expected at this point. The ending was a cliffhanger, so we will probably see a Ghost 2 in 2015. The multiplayer, Geese... This is probably one of the worst multiplayer experiences I've had for a Call of Duty game. It just seemed uninspired, colorless, and boring. TheSigh* Just another game to add to this never ending series of games. The Campaign lasted me about 6-7 hours which is to be expected at this point. The ending was a cliffhanger, so we will probably see a Ghost 2 in 2015. The multiplayer, Geese... This is probably one of the worst multiplayer experiences I've had for a Call of Duty game. It just seemed uninspired, colorless, and boring. The spawns yet again have gotten worse! I personally feel like this is a huge step backwards in the franchise, and all I can really do is hope for a better one next year. I say leave this one alone and see what Treyarch can do in 2014. Expand
  75. Nov 22, 2013
    Ok, let me say something right here, right now. This is not a bad game, the story is fun and the multiplayer is not bad, but it didnt really add anyhting from the last COD games.
    Its not terrible and its not great, its ok.
  76. Nov 23, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a bad game. Plain and simple. The multiplayer is terrible, the single player campaign doesn't tell you what to do and doesn't let you shoot at things. I want to shoot things. It's a first person shooter. "Shooter" being the operative word. The only redeeming factor about the game is Extinction mode, and even that only unlocks after you sit through what is a boringCall of Duty: Ghosts is a bad game. Plain and simple. The multiplayer is terrible, the single player campaign doesn't tell you what to do and doesn't let you shoot at things. I want to shoot things. It's a first person shooter. "Shooter" being the operative word. The only redeeming factor about the game is Extinction mode, and even that only unlocks after you sit through what is a boring "Interactive Cutscene" (Being a part of the game where you can't interact with anything. All you do is run around following a character) where you kill about 5 people. IN SPACE. Infinity Ward, what were you thinking? People don't fall in love with a game where you can't shoot things (If it's an FPS).

You said you re-wrote the engine. It doesn't feel that way. It feels like you took the PC engine, made it shinier and said it was a new engine. Terrible graphics make FPSsses feel like you're not actually there. Good video games immerse you in the action. Ghosts makes a feeble attempt to revitalize the genre but comes no where near.

==POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THIS PARAGRAPH==
    Extinction mode however is fantastic. An FPS turned arcade mode. Skill Trees. Freeking Skill Trees. I love Skill Trees. It's a wonderful blend of different genres. Real-Time Strategy, First Person Shooter, Co-Op Survival and a few more. I love it. There are some decisions I don't agree with, like the fact that the helicopter takes absolutely ages to destroy a barrier hive without your help, and the fact that it feels like Left-4-Dead but with aliens instead of zombies. But I can overlook those small details.
    ==END OF SPOILERS==

TL;DR
    Single Player: Bad
    Multiplayer: Worse
    Squads: Not terrible but could do with a little work
    Extinction: Pretty good.
    Not worth the price considering only one aspect of it is good. Buying it second-hand is advised.
  77. Feb 9, 2014
    SO i'm not a huge fan of cod but ghosts was really good sometimes. The game does look signicantly better then MW3 the controls are tighter the multiplayer is better balanced squads is fun as hell and extinction is meh. Now what about the campaign oh dear god the story idea was okay and the missions were nice and varied BUT NO FREAKING STEALTH its called ghosts for a friggin reason gosh.SO i'm not a huge fan of cod but ghosts was really good sometimes. The game does look signicantly better then MW3 the controls are tighter the multiplayer is better balanced squads is fun as hell and extinction is meh. Now what about the campaign oh dear god the story idea was okay and the missions were nice and varied BUT NO FREAKING STEALTH its called ghosts for a friggin reason gosh. THIS GAME GETS MY COMPLETIONIST RATING OF: PLAY IT Expand
  78. Nov 25, 2013
    it ain't a good or bad game, it's mediocre, still the same thing as the others call of duty game series, well the history was the best part of the game, the multiplayer have just changed it's maps and guns.
    I really think that Call Of Duty need a renovation NEW ENGINE
  79. Dec 7, 2013
    This game was basically the SAME game you played last time in recent COD games I found the muiltiplayer very dull and original the single-player had a locked FOV so I got nauseous, frequent bugs graphical errors you name it But on the bright side got more money from the COD fan-boys/girls. And on that note I would not reccomnend this game.
  80. Dec 6, 2013
    I think this game has much more room for innovation and improvement, Call of Duty has been mostly the same game since COD4 of course, with new guns, perks, class system, etc. But I still think this is a solid game, it's the fast paced FPS game people love playing, but I think that what would really blow my mind is that the studios took more time, maybe 3-4 years to make each game, so weI think this game has much more room for innovation and improvement, Call of Duty has been mostly the same game since COD4 of course, with new guns, perks, class system, etc. But I still think this is a solid game, it's the fast paced FPS game people love playing, but I think that what would really blow my mind is that the studios took more time, maybe 3-4 years to make each game, so we can get a refreshed, new game every time it comes out. Expand
  81. Mar 26, 2015
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is not very enjoyable on Xbox 360. The framerate consistently drops, and there are serious connection issues that should have been fixed.
  82. Dec 24, 2013
    Although containing some of the best mutiplayer maps in the series, its campaign is laughable and besides a pointless dog addition there's nothing new
  83. Dec 29, 2013
    The campaign was rather fun, but the multiplayer is a buggy, rushed piece of trash. It has about 4 guns per category instead of the usual 6 or 7, and is prone to skipping frames, especially when you are in a combat situation. To be brutally honest Infinity Ward should have stuck with making what they already are good at: Modern Warfare.
  84. Abs
    Dec 31, 2013
    This game is good. IF you like both black ops and modern warfare. Unfortunately I don't. The campaign is good but finishes halfway through the story, as if the creators forgot to finish it. I don't know if they are saving it for a sequel it's annoying to have to wait ages to play the other bit of the campaign. The multiplayer is good and some new twists have been added. However, there areThis game is good. IF you like both black ops and modern warfare. Unfortunately I don't. The campaign is good but finishes halfway through the story, as if the creators forgot to finish it. I don't know if they are saving it for a sequel it's annoying to have to wait ages to play the other bit of the campaign. The multiplayer is good and some new twists have been added. However, there are a limited amount of weapons, not as many as modern warfare 3 and this is meant to be a development. This game is modern warfare and black ops mixed together with a few extra twists. Overall, the game is pretty good but the few faults are rather large ones. Expand
  85. Dec 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Review for Xbox 360

I have been a fan of Call of Duty for a while now, since BLOPS1 to be exact. But this game was a slight dissapointment. It felt unchanged. If Infinity ward had spent more time on this game, there could have been much more to it. The campaign had a ridiculous ending, Rorke is somehow alive after being SHOT and left UNDERWATER to DROWN. That doesn't make sense! The multiplayer, while somewhat of an improvement (I personally enjoyed Cranked to some degree, as well as Search and Rescue do to the one life thing from Search and Destroy), has its cons. The maps are enormous, that's no exaggeration. I remember reading somewhere that the smallest map in Ghosts, (I believe it's freefall, I don't know) is the same size as the largest map in Black Ops 2. It's also noticeably easier to die in multiplayer matches. By that, I mean that from personal experience, I have died without so much as a hit marker on my screen. I literally dropped dead as soon as the other player starts shooting. Plus, the explosion physics seem to be bipolar on how they work. I toss a C4 charge at one person, it's 2 feet in front of his face, he only gets hurt. He throws a C4 charge at me, it's 2 feet in front of MY face, I die. Don't get me started on the spawns either. Overall, the game had potential, but it was thrown away in favor of pretty pictures, dogs, and fish A.I.
  86. Dec 31, 2013
    Yes, Call of Duty has gone downhill ever since the release of Black Ops. Ghosts isn't a very good game, but it isn't a bad one either. In my opinion, the multiplayer is worse, I absolutely hate the currency system, I was always a fan of unlocking weapons as you ranked up. I don't much care for the fact that there aren't any challenges for attachments, but you just purchase them. It's justYes, Call of Duty has gone downhill ever since the release of Black Ops. Ghosts isn't a very good game, but it isn't a bad one either. In my opinion, the multiplayer is worse, I absolutely hate the currency system, I was always a fan of unlocking weapons as you ranked up. I don't much care for the fact that there aren't any challenges for attachments, but you just purchase them. It's just an average CoD multiplayer. The campaign is about what you'd expect, pretty decent. Extinction is probably the best and most unique part of the game. It's fun, expansive, and almost as good of an experience as Zombies.

Call of Duty: Ghosts gets a 7.2/10
  87. Jan 1, 2014
    I got call of duty ghosts because of 2 reasons; I wanted to mess around in the game with friends and i had games to trade in for it. I knew what i was getting when i got the new COD game. I was absolutely expecting nothing. The normal COD game every year consists of; mediocre graphics (for a AAA game), addicting/fun multiplayer, co-op and a campaign that contains you in a certain areaI got call of duty ghosts because of 2 reasons; I wanted to mess around in the game with friends and i had games to trade in for it. I knew what i was getting when i got the new COD game. I was absolutely expecting nothing. The normal COD game every year consists of; mediocre graphics (for a AAA game), addicting/fun multiplayer, co-op and a campaign that contains you in a certain area and guides you as though you're 6 years old. COD games a generally fun for a while until it becomes that one game that sits in the corner until you buy the next game in the series next year. Alot of people hate COD because the dev's keep making the same game every year and asking for $60 even though it hasn't changed that much. I completely agree with this statement because its true. I generally wait 2-3 years before i buy a COD game again instead of throwing money away. The COD games are good games you can't deny that. The multiplayer is strong, lots of different play styles and the co-op is so damn fun when you and a bunch of friends team up and play it. This year the maps are larger which sucks because it has only 12 or 18 player slots because it was meant for next-gen. If you have Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 do your self a favor and just play that because i found the kill-streaks more fun in that game, the maps were smaller so you never went long times without finding people and the entire setting of the future was more interesting than the somewhat gloomy presence of Ghosts. Expand
  88. Jan 7, 2014
    This game isn't bad, but it's not anything spectacular either. The new modes are very fun like blitz and especially Extinction. One thing that the Xbox 360 can't do is more than 12 players. This hinders the game because most of the maps are big, sometimes I just be roaming around what felt like a baring wasteland. Destructible environments have been added, don't expect something likeThis game isn't bad, but it's not anything spectacular either. The new modes are very fun like blitz and especially Extinction. One thing that the Xbox 360 can't do is more than 12 players. This hinders the game because most of the maps are big, sometimes I just be roaming around what felt like a baring wasteland. Destructible environments have been added, don't expect something like Battlefields frostbite engine. They might open up a new part of the map, or get you a kill. The campaign in this game is frankly...meh. It's fun but not spectacular. I overall prefer Black ops 2 over this game but I still like this game none the less Expand
  89. Jan 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call of Duty: Ghost isn't a terrible game but there are thing that may make you hate the game first starts in space which is call and call but really gun in space that doesn't make any scene, the auto-aim is way to helpful cause i barely have to to aim in the campaign but thankfully there is no auto aim for multiplayer. Most people were expecting great things from this game from this but it didn't them taking development away from Treyarch was not a good idea cause compared to BO2 it is boring also campaign feels way to rushed and not refined but the multiplayer does give it the 5 rating. Expand
  90. Apr 25, 2016
    This was a fun game. While not the greatest first person shooter, it's not as bad as the reviews lead you to believe. I do see why people didn't like it though. The story wasn't that strong, it was linear, a bit short, and the AI left something to be desired. But that said, I was not really bothered too much by these flaws. I had a good time shooting the baddies. There are lots of weaponsThis was a fun game. While not the greatest first person shooter, it's not as bad as the reviews lead you to believe. I do see why people didn't like it though. The story wasn't that strong, it was linear, a bit short, and the AI left something to be desired. But that said, I was not really bothered too much by these flaws. I had a good time shooting the baddies. There are lots of weapons to use, and play with, and you get to do a variety of things. You can drive a tank, a helicopter, command a dog (really!), go scuba diving, and even visit outerspace.

Pick this up if you can get it for a fair price.

P.S. Since I came so late to the party, I played this with all the updates, and bug fixes. So my review is not the same as the people who bought into this early.
  91. Jan 16, 2014
    In terms of story this game will do what it's supposed to do and provide an action packed experience with memorable characters. The story will not have you dropping your jaw, but you will enjoy it if your not extremely picky about story lines. Now lets get into multiplayer which is the core of the game, now I will say that Call of Duty Ghost is way better than Modern warfare 3 in termsIn terms of story this game will do what it's supposed to do and provide an action packed experience with memorable characters. The story will not have you dropping your jaw, but you will enjoy it if your not extremely picky about story lines. Now lets get into multiplayer which is the core of the game, now I will say that Call of Duty Ghost is way better than Modern warfare 3 in terms of map size, customization and game mechanics, and it even surpasses some of Black ops 2 gameplay. On next generation this game looks stunning, however on current gen it almost seems like they made it look terrible on purpose to make next gen look better. Now this game is not as terrible as people make it out to be, however it is not really up to expectations for next gen conversion. So I would personally just wait for the next game by treyarch to come out and hopefully that should be up to standards. Expand
  92. Jan 18, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a vastly improved game in areas, and not so in others.
    The campaign is not as interesting as other Call of Duty's, due to the lack of suspense. It will not leave you rearing for more and will leave you confused and annoyed at the ending.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a vastly improved game in areas, and not so in others.
    I found the multiplayer fun to play, but it became increasingly hard to earn squad points. It boasts a variety of game modes, but is weakened by the lack of popular game mode "Capture the Flag", however, the modes are fun to play and the community is generally friendly.
    Extinction mode was my favourite, thanks to the awesome "Spray and Prey" feel, mixed in with some objectives. I enjoyed playing Extinction and would recommend it over campaign and multiplayer.
  93. Jan 21, 2014
    I have played Cod 1 to ghosts. and i must say that the newer cod keeps getting sadder. I would say Ghosts is great for it its brilliantly developed engine but it lacks potential in almost everything to the single player and multiplayer for it kinda feels like a plain old Modern Warfare. If the games story, features, and accessibility were more thought of i would actually buy it instead ofI have played Cod 1 to ghosts. and i must say that the newer cod keeps getting sadder. I would say Ghosts is great for it its brilliantly developed engine but it lacks potential in almost everything to the single player and multiplayer for it kinda feels like a plain old Modern Warfare. If the games story, features, and accessibility were more thought of i would actually buy it instead of just playing it in my friends computer. Plus I found out that Ghosts DOES NOT HAVE VAC PROTECTION or at least isn't working. So saying to developers is to make an actual good Call of Duty, look back to Cod 3 if you have to. cuz that was the bomb of the whole war experience Expand
  94. Jan 26, 2014
    Gameplay is as expected. Mildly entertaining and instantly forgettable.

Gameplay is as expected. Mildly entertaining and instantly forgettable.

Yes artistic license is one thing, but is it really wise to support a franchise that is consistently xenophobic and borderline racist? Content seems to appeal to white male supremacists who fetishise the military. To be fair, some of this criticism may be unwarranted. We seem to have no problem with Rambo gunning down the Viet Cong. We hold some appreciation for 80s action stars and their exaggerated macho appeal. Perhaps the reason why COD rubs people the wrong way is due to its lack of self awareness. It's seriousness and supposedly "realistic" depiction of warfare. This removes its ability for self-parody. And when you don't have that the game just comes off plain offensive.
  95. Feb 2, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a lack luster experience in comparison to previous titles, whether they were from Treyarch or Infinity Ward. This title release did nothing more than tie players over till the next release. Nothing new or innovative, instead stealing ideas from past games and recent popular films.

The Campaign: The story is dull, lacking any form of originality or character. The lead character once again suffers from being a dull boring mute. The problem with being a mute also, is that is done for the sake of giving the player a sense of connection, so that they can feel like it's them and not just some burly white dude, but the game's side characters make it abundantly clear who you're playing as since they won't shut up about it. Constantly talking directly to you by your character's name, Logan Walker. Very few moments exist in the title where you're not the center of attention making character building for others pointless.

The only other character in the game that's of any interest is the villian, Rorke. He provides that omnipotent character styling Infinity Ward so loves to butcher. They did it with Makarov, making him always one step ahead, up until the ending of MW3. With that styling though, the storytelling seems to believe the players have the I.Q. of eight year old. The main supporting character, Hesh Walker, can't seem to be quite with his concerns about where he is.

Overall, the characters are boring and cliche. That's all there is to them.

The story steals from alot of it's predecessors cliches. Things like a sequence when the villain is captured far too easily, or an injured user is QTE'd into killing a significant foe. These are okay, if used moderately, but alas, this rail shooter can't get over how "AWESOME" the past titles were and has to keep going back.

One of the biggest flaws is in it's marketing. "How?" you ask, well the game made itself out to be a longer, more diverse story telling the tale of a broken U.S fending off the world, but it opens to showing off how the U.S. has a Orbital Kinetic Weapons System that could pretty much wipe entire countries off the planet. I'm sorry, but if another country had that floating above our heads, I'm pretty sure we'd react the same and attempt to take it by force to.

Sequences of stealth are lax and far between with action taking center stage instead of what was advertised. The levels I've enjoyed the most in videogames are the ones that have the player avoid or silently eliminate foes. The kind that can only be won by intelligence, instead of pure force. CoD: Ghosts advertised this, but didn't come through.

The presentation was also a killer for me, the score was boring, or just plain lacking half the time. The use of graphic content was no were to be found, and every decent moment of action aside from the ending sequence were revealed in trailers before the games release. An older engine didn't help either. Honestly, you're both sponsored by Activision, Infinity Ward, why not just call your cousin Treyarch up and borrow their engine, is that so hard to do?

Race was also brought into the game once again, but no, this time they utterly ran out of ideas and just drew an ethnicity from a hat. The winner this time? ALL OF SOUTH F&$#*#$ AMERICA!! Congratulations I.W., you just won the dumbest idea for a invading country award. I mean really, you could've gone out and stole from Homefront and brought about a decent version of that game, one with a much larger budget. I mean you stole from everything else. Why not a decent idea too?

Now, I'm done going on about the campaign, though it is the worst of the series by far.

Extinction: Extinction is the only bright spot about this game. It brings a relatively decent idea and makes it fun. Fun, yeah, that thing that games are supposed to do. Though limited, the experience brings out some good things. I'll actually be looking forward to new installments in the series, since Nightfall has started the episodic, story driven experience. Though don't misjudge this, the story story is just about as weak as a wet paper bag, but still decent, and a step up from the campaign. The use of mystery instead of narration is good.

Multiplayer: I don't really feel talking about the multiplayer is any good, since if people are going to buy this game for this sole reason, they probably have already. A few tweeks, some decent chance to Treyarch's Pick Ten, and an overall balanced player system is all fine. The new map design is alright as well. Just... it's not anything I'm going to care about after the next title. Way to keep the trend I.W.

Overall, this game isn't bad, it's not good!! But it's not bad. On a list of CoD games, this would be somewhere near the bottom. Probably THE bottom actually. It's lack luster effort to create something, ANYTHING, is rather apparent. Sorry I.W., I'm going back to Treyarch, oh and Activision, give your developers more time too. That would help.
  96. Feb 9, 2014
    I almost didn't bother getting this instalment of COD because as most people say it is the same game over and over with the occasional add here and there, that really may be good for the first few days but then just doesn't impress anymore and the prices go up and up. The single player was enjoyable but not spectacular, as always it is short, but the only reason I bought this game wasI almost didn't bother getting this instalment of COD because as most people say it is the same game over and over with the occasional add here and there, that really may be good for the first few days but then just doesn't impress anymore and the prices go up and up. The single player was enjoyable but not spectacular, as always it is short, but the only reason I bought this game was because of Squads. I stopped playing multiplayer on COD a few titles back as I couldn't be bothered with all the mouthy players and boosting etc. Also didn't appreciate getting forced out of parties and made to go in game chat, when I wanted to talk to mates not playing the game while I played it. I enjoyed the training modes on Black Ops so would just play that with mates instead, squads in Ghosts added to that experience with far better AIs.

I jumped in and yes Ghosts covered it all in Squads for me, the moment I loaded it I was able to play every game mode with my squad and mates. Except for some bizarre reason I couldn't play against my mates squads when they were online, you could only challenge their squad while they were offline which was odd, I was only able to play against a stranger with their squad randomly selected. The first few days was great, so why the low score?

Simple after a few days I noticed I was unable to play every game mode in squads, it had somehow removed all game modes except Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, Search and Rescue, Cranked and Blitz. We could no longer play Search and Destroy, Grind, Infected or Hunted, now these were available when it was first released as I don't play multiplayer and I played these in squads, Not having Free For All from the beginning was understanding as it was a squad based game but why the hell were the rest removed.

Even though this ticked us off we kept playing, it was challenging, we got our butts kicked regular enough that it was no walk in the park, but now I have noticed that you can sit in Squads for an entire evening and the only game mode that is generating is Team Death Match, every Squad we play seems to be set to Team Death Match only which is seriously tedious, what made it enjoyable was the fact multiple modes generated with each game you played but now you are lucky to get one different mode from Team Death Match in 20 games.

It feels like squads was just a lure to make people like me who aren't interested in COD multiplayer buy the game, like everything else then what made it fun was taken away in a heart beat. I am more of a battlefield fan, but I am one who still enjoyed playing COD from time to time with friends, it's a shame but this game has let a lot of people down. Games are rarely perfect and you can get over some issues but they have to have something to keep you coming back sadly not as impressed as I was to begin with, don't appreciate being given something to play with and then have it taken away with no visible explanation.

I liked the HQ set up to start with, where you set your squad a HQ map and a game mode, I would go in and change it up so they weren't always doing the same ones, but not everyone plays squads or sets it up, so when you play their squad it is always set to TDM, Infinity Ward should have given you an option to decide on a different game mode when you were playing another squad, so you don't find yourself playing the same mode continuously unless you choose to.

Also on a final note was very ticked off when we found we couldn't unlock character heads and gear on squads by playing on there and using the squad points like on every thing else but again Infinity thought it would be good to try and force you onto multiplayer to unlock these, for crying out loud you should be able to unlock it in squads you have to use squad points to unlock everything else in this game mode so why not be able to unlock this stuff.

Obviously this is just my gripe because it's how I play, I could not comment on the multiplayer issues, whether they are good or bad, so that is for someone else to talk about.

It would be nice though if they read these comments and returned things to how they were in the beginning with access to all the game modes, but give us the option to override the game mode in squads so we aren't stuck with TDM constantly.

Apologies for the long post, I find it impossible to do short write ups but hell it's off my chest now.

Cheers
  97. Aug 9, 2014
    Very fun game. Only problem is the constant lag, and the bad side of the community. By that I mean, the people who judge others skill by KD, take the game so seriously, completely bully anyone they can that is worse than them on the game. But overall, its a decent call of duty title. Not better than MW3 or BO2, but it is still good
  98. Mar 2, 2014
    Playing Call of Duty Ghosts is like playing Black Ops 2, or Modern Warfare 3, or Black Ops and even Modern Warfare 2. It's the same damn game every year, and every year I find myself waiting in line to buy it again. The campaign seems nice, but it literally has a frame by frame exact scene from MW2 except a different background and different characters, but they go through the exact samePlaying Call of Duty Ghosts is like playing Black Ops 2, or Modern Warfare 3, or Black Ops and even Modern Warfare 2. It's the same damn game every year, and every year I find myself waiting in line to buy it again. The campaign seems nice, but it literally has a frame by frame exact scene from MW2 except a different background and different characters, but they go through the exact same movements in both games. The campaign was severely easy, I have never beaten a campaign on the highest difficulty as fast and as easily as I had with this game. The multiplayer however was good as always, sure it's the same as last year, but new guns, new maps and a chance to start over and get a higher KD is enough to make me come back. Expand
  99. Feb 27, 2014
    It's not a bad game. If this was the first call of duty I'd played, I'd probably really enjoy it! The problem is people don't make the distinction between a bad game and a predictable formula. It is safe to say that for avid call of duty fans, IW has run out of ways to blow your mind, and it's probably time to move on to a different franchise. I only wish that they would have retired theIt's not a bad game. If this was the first call of duty I'd played, I'd probably really enjoy it! The problem is people don't make the distinction between a bad game and a predictable formula. It is safe to say that for avid call of duty fans, IW has run out of ways to blow your mind, and it's probably time to move on to a different franchise. I only wish that they would have retired the project gracefully instead of tarnishing it's legacy by beating a dead horse. Infinity ward has a lot of talent and they were clearly doing their best to mix it up, but the truth is there is no more that this franchise can offer and they should instead focus on creating something new and exciting. Expand
  100. Mar 3, 2014
    As someone who played every call of duty, I think this game bring some new point, like replacing the useless dolphin dive with a slide that allow to shoot and those mechanic are not changing anything, call of duty need to stop making a game every year and only make a game when they have good idea to improve it, even if the alien mode is fun, it is not innovating and lack of specialAs someone who played every call of duty, I think this game bring some new point, like replacing the useless dolphin dive with a slide that allow to shoot and those mechanic are not changing anything, call of duty need to stop making a game every year and only make a game when they have good idea to improve it, even if the alien mode is fun, it is not innovating and lack of special mechanic like the zombie mode of call of duty black ops 2 had. Expand
  101. Nov 5, 2013
    utter garbage all of backgrounds and maps have been re-hashed again in multiplayer which has had hackers a week before the game released IW ignoring it >now multiplayer is officially ruined due to lil kids 15 and younger thinking its funny to hack a video game and make everyone elses experience hell !!!

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks (aimbotts,wallhacks etc.) already in Ghosts

by the way this is a legit review as in no way have i been paid by infinityward like critics have to do this review!!

campaign was mediocre best but CoD has always been about the multiplayer!!

thankfully i played a friends copy (he lent me cause his xbox got RROD and didnt waist $60 on this trash your better off buying Splinter Cell Black list its a fairly new title and it only costs $40 you save $20 if multiplayer is your thing go with BF4

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.