2.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2076 Ratings

1. Nov 13, 2013
    Prolonged and boring, COD GHOSTS is the new blastingly bad sequel in the epic series. The graphics are great, the physics are annoying and the acting is crap. Ghosts gives you a nice pet dog for the gaming expreriance but it's just bad. The dog is unresponsive and gets YOU killed. This game is very boring and bad but can be forgiven for good multiplayer, average guns and awesome graphics.Prolonged and boring, COD GHOSTS is the new blastingly bad sequel in the epic series. The graphics are great, the physics are annoying and the acting is crap. Ghosts gives you a nice pet dog for the gaming expreriance but it's just bad. The dog is unresponsive and gets YOU killed. This game is very boring and bad but can be forgiven for good multiplayer, average guns and awesome graphics. Avoid, even if you are a die hard COd fan. Expand
  2. Jan 14, 2014
    After 2 months of playing Ghosts, I really can't seem to find any reason for the franchise continuing on like this other than for the sake of easy money. CoD Ghosts' campaign is a super slow starter that does peak a bit to the point of being interesting and worth finishing, but the methods of which this franchise's storyline will be carried on were pathetically scripted and made for aAfter 2 months of playing Ghosts, I really can't seem to find any reason for the franchise continuing on like this other than for the sake of easy money. CoD Ghosts' campaign is a super slow starter that does peak a bit to the point of being interesting and worth finishing, but the methods of which this franchise's storyline will be carried on were pathetically scripted and made for a cheap excuse to continue on. Honestly, why bother with over-theatrical endings with impossible outcomes when you could just end it here and start fresh like just about every other company? That leaves us with the multiplayer to rally what has become a bothersome and uninspiring series over the last couple iterations. Like Black Ops 2, the multiplayer of Ghosts copycats its predecessors heavily but strips out a lot of the best things about the glory days. Gone are cool killstreaks like the AC-130 gunship, nuke strike, predator missiles, and such. Instead, we have things like rockets that are near impossible to nab kills with and high-end killstreaks that are incredibly tough to acquire. The setup is hilariously bad at times and saps some of the arcadey fun that we used to have back in Modern Warfare 2 and 3. Also noteworthy is the poor spawning system that seems to be setup for much larger maps but instead gets squeezed into the maps at hand and ultimately screw you over as players will literally spawn behind you, leaving you unaware and defenseless at random. Also, the dedicated servers that were promised are still missing in action. Infinity Ward have gone on to comment that they're coming, but no date has been given and it's been confirmed that they aren't even available for most platforms. Xbox One owners should eventually have access to them through the support of Xbox Live, but it's entirely possible that by the time they're implemented, we will all have sold off this mediocre excuse for next-generation gameplay and be on to something more promising like TitanFall or Destiny. If you are buying an Xbox One, or any other next-gen console, for a better experience, this is not where you want to end up. Try Battlefield 4 if you must have a shooter now, or try something else completely. Or... wait until March 11, 2013 for TitanFall, which is made by the guys who designed and helped write the first Modern Warfare game and made CoD great. Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2015
    This game is ok. The story is really masculine, in a stupid way though. The plot was pretty dumb but enjoyable. The visuals were fine. Noted a couple of texture glitches. Gameplay is ok. Nothing great. The same stuff expected in a COD game. Definitely not as bad as people are saying, but compared to many other gaming experiences, it's just not worth it.
  4. Mar 26, 2015
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is not very enjoyable on Xbox 360. The framerate consistently drops, and there are serious connection issues that should have been fixed.
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    As many of us know, the Call of Duty series has gone on a solid decline since MW2. All educated gamers know that Call of Duty has used the "copy and paste" formula since 2008. The games have slowly gotten old, repetitive, and in general, extremely boring. While I liked MW2 and did not completely hate BO2, MW3 and BO were terrible games. Now we have Call of Duty: Ghosts. This is the firstAs many of us know, the Call of Duty series has gone on a solid decline since MW2. All educated gamers know that Call of Duty has used the "copy and paste" formula since 2008. The games have slowly gotten old, repetitive, and in general, extremely boring. While I liked MW2 and did not completely hate BO2, MW3 and BO were terrible games. Now we have Call of Duty: Ghosts. This is the first time that I did not buy a Call of Duty game; instead I decided to rent Ghosts and see how it was. After playing Ghosts for a couple of hours, I can officially state that Call of Duty: Ghosts is not only the worst Call of Duty game in the franchise's history, but the worst FPS I have ever played. This game's visuals are atrocious in motion, there are extremely rough textures as well, and the gameplay is horrible. The hit/miss marker is horrific, just like BO2 and the maps are poor as well. The story mode, unlike the previous CoD games developed by Infinity Ward, is terrible. The story is extremely short and I lost interest 30 minutes into it. Do NOT buy this undeveloped atrocity of a game, even when it goes on sale in about a year! Expand
  6. Nov 28, 2013
    after black ops 2 i couldn't believe that activision should do any worst thing,and incrediblely ghosts is the worst game i've played this year,one of the worst in hole history.
  7. Jan 6, 2015
    The worst Call of Duty ever to be made. I am still wondering how this piece of **** got on the shelves of stores. Infinity Ward and Activision are obviously trying to suck the money out of people's wallets for a horrendously bad game that is not worth the $60 price tag at release! 0/10 (Horrendous)
  8. Nov 13, 2013
    Absolutely incredible the bad reviews of this game. People bought it expecting the entire thing to be different? What were you expecting? The old core of run and gun is there with countless improvements here and there to make the game feel much smoother and entertaining.

One of the best single player campaigns I've ever played. Amazing action, story and scenery. Also with fantastic editions like squads and extinction, also an improved multiplayer. A great COD game to end this current generation. Best COD game since MW.
  9. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: The same old same old.

Graphics: Easily the highlight of my experience, the game does look a lot better than it has in the past few titles, which all looked respectable as well.

Sound: The firearms and explosions all sound swell as usual.

Playability: As smooth as ever, but with no new advancements or additions.

Entertainment: While it is fun and the multiplayer is polished and the campaign shines brightly for its special moments, it isn't anything we haven't already seen in most instances, and grows stale quicker than the previous games have.

Replay Value: Moderate.

Overall Score: 7.5
  10. Mar 12, 2014
    What is hilarious is that you have these people giving this franchise low numbers, and yet they buy the games anyway hoping that the next will be better.... I will tell you right now that if a game only takes 1 year to come out, then chances are that the game will be very similar to the last, it's not rocket science.... I played this one at a friends place and it's no surprise that it'sWhat is hilarious is that you have these people giving this franchise low numbers, and yet they buy the games anyway hoping that the next will be better.... I will tell you right now that if a game only takes 1 year to come out, then chances are that the game will be very similar to the last, it's not rocket science.... I played this one at a friends place and it's no surprise that it's the same thing.... opps forgot they added a dog that you can play as for a couple missions, oh and those fish physics......that has never been done before right>?? You idiots complain every year but you are the first one to put money in the pockets of the one of the worst companies (Activision) Ohhhh Activision, I remember the days where you use to work for Atari back in the 70s and got sick of working for a sweat shop and were sick of bad business practices... Now Activision is a company that became the thing they once hated..... Greed.... You keep dising out the money like that, they will keep making the same stale POS game, and anyone who gives this game a positive review.......please try and play other games other than COD because if you give this game a good score it is evident that you do not play many games... I think the reason why people do like this game is because it's a casual shooter that everyone can play and takes no skill... 10 year olds play this game..... I'm not saying Battelfield is the holy grail of shooters either, Battlefield use to be good but now it is following a grim path aswell.....Now you guys can buy titanfall and have an orgasm for 2 months because it's just like cod but the bots are worse and its only multiplayer online..... CoD should be buried, this game is popular for no reason, it's the most generic shooter ever and has not brought anything but BS to the gaming industry since coD 4 Expand
  11. Oct 13, 2014
    Single player is garbage; the story is beyond implausible as to border on the absurd. Multiplayer doesn't fare much better, and seasoned COD and FPS players will certainly notice that skill no longer plays a part in the outcome of games, leaving Ghosts with nothing to offer to its fans.
  12. Nov 9, 2013
    It not amazing, but its not good either. Although it is the same thing game play wise, there are enough changes behind the scenes that let me have fun with it and try something new. But they made the maps bigger, and let you play with less people. 12 is now the max amount of players you can play with because modes like Ground War are gone along with S&D. The destruction isn't evenIt not amazing, but its not good either. Although it is the same thing game play wise, there are enough changes behind the scenes that let me have fun with it and try something new. But they made the maps bigger, and let you play with less people. 12 is now the max amount of players you can play with because modes like Ground War are gone along with S&D. The destruction isn't even noticeable in MP and it could have been taken out of the game because I haven't seen anything happen at all yet. The campaign is much less condeluded as previous installments and although it rips off Red Dawn and Modern Warfare 2, its a breath of freash are to go into a new story not held down by previous installments. Its stupid as hell, but i enjoyed it. I honestly havent played extinction and dont really plan on doing it soon so dont ask me about that. But over all I would give it a low 50/100. Nothing spectacular and will definitely giving something for fans to do, but you can tell CoD is at the end of its life. I'll be interested to see what finally knocks it off the top in the genre. (Hopefully Titanfall of Battlefront :D Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2016
    While the real reason I got this game was to play as female soldiers(I'm a guy), the most unique and individual part was the great campaign. After playing through the poor single player of infinite warfare, I think Ghosts was Infinity Wards last great game. A final sendoff of the true Call of Duty way unless they make Ghosts 2 up to the same quality. And I see that, along with a possibleWhile the real reason I got this game was to play as female soldiers(I'm a guy), the most unique and individual part was the great campaign. After playing through the poor single player of infinite warfare, I think Ghosts was Infinity Wards last great game. A final sendoff of the true Call of Duty way unless they make Ghosts 2 up to the same quality. And I see that, along with a possible 3rd person vietnam game made by Sledgehammer as the last hope of another good COD game. It's a stretch, but what Roorke said about hope is a fitting comparison to the state of the once dominant and excellent franchise. "When a man has lost his hope and sees his fate for what it truly is,only then can he except death. Expand
  14. Nov 26, 2013
    Fanboys,can you buy another game please?
    you are giving money to a stupid company of videogame
    OK,we are TALKING ABOUT A NEXT GEN VIDEOGAME
    can you have more imagination or more innovation CRAPTIVITION??!!!
    I HATE YOU!
    the same gameplay,the same campaign,the multiplayer
  15. Apr 25, 2016
    This was a fun game. While not the greatest first person shooter, it's not as bad as the reviews lead you to believe. I do see why people didn't like it though. The story wasn't that strong, it was linear, a bit short, and the AI left something to be desired. But that said, I was not really bothered too much by these flaws. I had a good time shooting the baddies. There are lots of weaponsThis was a fun game. While not the greatest first person shooter, it's not as bad as the reviews lead you to believe. I do see why people didn't like it though. The story wasn't that strong, it was linear, a bit short, and the AI left something to be desired. But that said, I was not really bothered too much by these flaws. I had a good time shooting the baddies. There are lots of weapons to use, and play with, and you get to do a variety of things. You can drive a tank, a helicopter, command a dog (really!), go scuba diving, and even visit outerspace.

Pick this up if you can get it for a fair price.

P.S. Since I came so late to the party, I played this with all the updates, and bug fixes. So my review is not the same as the people who bought into this early.
  16. Dec 29, 2013
    Cough... Cough... this is not anything special nor is it a fail its a average game none the less, the way they made it so you can use the dog is the interesting part of it all.. Nothing about this game lights the spark sadly to say,but its worth rent...
  17. Jun 11, 2014
    When I first got the game out and started playing I enjoyed it. About a week later it was boring as explict. The game just became boring after a while. Not only was it getting boring people started to use the same gun. Over and over after I got killed they were all using the same gun. Now im not gonna say the specific gun name but, all I know is that it was OP and everyone used it.
  18. Jan 13, 2015
    After hearing all of the mixed opinions related to this game, I was a bit unsure about whether I would like this game, however, I am ready to give an opinion.

Pros: EXCELLENT Controls Maintains 60fps at all times Interesting Setting Fun new multiplayer modes Squads mode Cons: Single Player campaign suffers from traditional CoD "tropes" Multiplayer maps are too big Extinction

Pros:
    EXCELLENT Controls
    Maintains 60fps at all times
    Interesting Setting
    Fun new multiplayer modes
    Squads mode

Cons:
    Single Player campaign suffers from traditional CoD "tropes"
    Multiplayer maps are too big
    Extinction was disappointing
    Graphics seem slightly dated

All in all, Ghosts has many problems, but it is only just good enough for a recommendation from me.

19. Apr 8, 2014
    Es un CoD mas de lo mismo, algunas cosas novedosas, pero son muy pocas, un motor grafico que es ya algo desfasado, un ritmo un poco lento comparado con otro CoD, pese a todo es un buen shooter, pero que tarde o temprano aburre.
  20. Oct 16, 2014
    This game doesn't deserve a 10 or a 9, but it doesn't deserve low scores either. It's sort of good, but not awsome either. Nothing's feels different, and feels like a step back behind COD BO2. It feels like MW3, (But with crappy Mechanics) and hate Modern Warfare. The graphics are sort of crap. The programmers, in the depatment really need to step it up in this department. The gameplay isThis game doesn't deserve a 10 or a 9, but it doesn't deserve low scores either. It's sort of good, but not awsome either. Nothing's feels different, and feels like a step back behind COD BO2. It feels like MW3, (But with crappy Mechanics) and hate Modern Warfare. The graphics are sort of crap. The programmers, in the depatment really need to step it up in this department. The gameplay is good. You know shoot, slide shot, all that **** LOL. The maps they're not so big, but since you're running on foot all the type I feel the map's are pretty normal size. They're not so small like BO2. The issue that I have with the maps are there isn't really anything to them. They feel to bland. The lack of realism, is my concern here, I don't want into detail, but when comes to physics it needs to be improved. The game's just too average, COD Black ops 2 out shines in nearly every aspect. Expand
  21. Mar 2, 2014
    I'm 12 and have been waiting for my mum to buy it, and after crying she finally bought it! Yay!
    So like I was playing and I just run to everyone and knife them haha! And when I die I cry and swear at people because it justifies everything.

Nah but seriously this game is pretty **** Graphics are old and stale multiplayer is as bad as ever, story is uninspired, all the guns are just pointless, all u need is a good smg,
  22. Nov 18, 2013
    Ghosts is disappointing because it doesn’t fix the myriad of problems that have plagued COD for the last several games. Its predecessor, Black Ops 2, is a horribly imbalanced game that failed to accomplish the one thing Treyarch promised would be emphasized: teamwork. Low incentives to achieve goals inevitably led to lone wolf behavior. The waves of insanely overpowered scorestreaksGhosts is disappointing because it doesn’t fix the myriad of problems that have plagued COD for the last several games. Its predecessor, Black Ops 2, is a horribly imbalanced game that failed to accomplish the one thing Treyarch promised would be emphasized: teamwork. Low incentives to achieve goals inevitably led to lone wolf behavior. The waves of insanely overpowered scorestreaks brutalized average gamers. Snipers run around the maps quickscoping while people with smg’s camp and snipe. However, Black Ops 2 delivers fun and frantic gameplay that rewards players for sticking it out.
    Is Ghosts better than Blops 2? No. Infinity Ward addresses some of the balance issues. Score streaks have been nerfed (well partially). The improved hit detection is INSANE. On the downside, health is low. So players kill quick and die quicker. Average gamers and COD newbies will not have the reaction time necessary to respond to incoming fire. So if you don’t fire first, game over. Blops 2 was more forgiving. Blame it on lag, but I like having the opportunity to evade fire. Not here. Expect to see the kill cam without knowing bullets were coming.
    Weapons balance is still off. Shotguns are a joke. The range and spread damage is the worst and most inconsistent I’ve seen. C4 has virtually no splash damage and will not always detonate, so don’t rely on it in a crunch. SMG’s spit out rounds fast, but lose all their teeth at midrange shots. On the flipside, assault rifles possess extreme stopping power and range. Other than sniper rifles, assault rifles trump all other guns at any range. LMG’s have large clips, but they have no other advantages which renders them useless. Knifing lunging is back!! In close combat don’t shoot. KNIFE KNIFE KNIFE!! Players who knife lunge are invincible. So just accept it and die with dignity. Or rage because knife lunging is freaking ridiculous. Like Blops 2, map design and poor weapon balance has once again led to the emergence of only 2 preferred weapon classes. In this game its assault and sniper.
    The upgrade system is different, but not innovative. Players can unlock guns and perks as soon as they have the points to do so. No more waiting until level 55 to unlock a favorite weapon. Play a few rounds, earn “squad points”, and unlock it. I like this, but COD loyalists’ opinions are mixed because it reduces the need to rank up. Except for a handful of perks, most are superfluous and don’t provide enough tactical advantages.
    The large maps are another point of contention. Compared to Blops 2, these maps are huge. But they aren’t strategic and lack choke points. So expect to be shot or stabbed in the back—a lot. Spawn points aren't randomized, so spawn deaths are already ruining the fun. I’ve already spawned on IED’s and been sniped multiple times by the same players who’ve memorized spawn points. Oh yeah, people I’ve just shot spawning directly behind me isn’t fun either. The 6 on 6 matches are entirely too small. Games regularly timeout before all objectives are complete. Camping is rampant. At least 8 on 8 is necessary for the larger maps. Players can run around for several minutes without glimpsing a single baddie. Developers say that current gen systems simply can’t handle larger matches. Xbox One and PS4 will have larger lobbies which will hopefully speed up the tempo. PS3 and Xbox 360 are just SOL.
    The scorestreaks are more ground based and none seem insanely overpowered except the companion dog. It’s unlocked at low score levels and the benefit lasts too long. Dogs will not go away even if their masters are killed several times. So a dog can remain alive for an entire match. Also, the dogs seem to endure 4-6 times the damage of combatants before dying and they suffer no splash damage from lethals. Their high health and persistence is irritating. They kill instantly too. I don’t see how this is any different than a combat drone or VTOL warship.It adds nothing but frustration to the game because it’s merely a different overkill killstreak.
    My biggest complaint is Ghosts’ graphics. The game textures are washed out and game elements are hard to see. Gamers will be shot by someone standing directly in front of them or bump into enemies without noticing. Traps are also hard to discern. Some maps are worse than others. Infinity Ward wanted the environments to look “real”, but the limitations on the 360 and PS3 are just too obvious. Textures look bad, colors are muted, and aliasing is painfully noticeable. Blops 2 has an arcady look, but the visuals are crisp and sharp. Seeing cloaked players on Crysis multiplayer is easier than spotting a camped sniper on Ghosts.
    The campaign is typical COD fare. But I’ve seen it all before. Literally, some of the scenes have been ripped straight from previous COD installments. The squads mode is a confused attempt to "push" multiplayer someplace new. Extinction is OK, but brief.
    Ghosts is merely an obligation to meet a yearly deadline. Pass on this game.
  23. Dec 7, 2014
    This game sucks this game shouldn't get anything higher than a 3 or 4 it's just that bad, and this game isn't even broken just shows how bad this game is. I'd rather play a pre patched fall version ( The fall update that the game) of Battlefield 4. The single-player and extinction are what save this.
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  25. Feb 24, 2016
    o jogo call of duty ghosts tem algumas qualidades como: boa história e boa jogabilidade. mas foi muito inferior ao black ops 2. o modo alien não chega nem aos pés do modo zombi. não da mais pra jogar quatro jogadores no multiplayer local, coisa que me deixou muito frustrado. tem itens inovador, porém não são interessantes.
  26. Nov 21, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghost is a FUN game, but by no stretch of the imagination is it a GOOD game. While the core mechanics of COD are there, it is still an unpolished lack luster game, but so are all CODs so i digress. However the game has a strong community and it is fun to play with friends, and most of the time, that is what matters, but there is no excuse for minimal effort on graphics,Call of Duty Ghost is a FUN game, but by no stretch of the imagination is it a GOOD game. While the core mechanics of COD are there, it is still an unpolished lack luster game, but so are all CODs so i digress. However the game has a strong community and it is fun to play with friends, and most of the time, that is what matters, but there is no excuse for minimal effort on graphics, physics, and mechanics... so 7 Expand
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    This crap is utter garbage. Campaign's quality went down from Black Ops 2, multiplayer is the same as ever, graphics are the same, and the game feels cheesey. Just don't buy the game. It is a waste of money.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely appalling. Recycled garbage once again. I mean, these guys have had countless opportune windows to make this franchise feel alive again, and thet just cant. Theyre clearly thinking "if it aint broke dont fix it". No, please do fix it. And wtf did they do with search and destroy?? Dont buy this game. If you are reading this, allow me to convince you just not to buy it. Please.Absolutely appalling. Recycled garbage once again. I mean, these guys have had countless opportune windows to make this franchise feel alive again, and thet just cant. Theyre clearly thinking "if it aint broke dont fix it". No, please do fix it. And wtf did they do with search and destroy?? Dont buy this game. If you are reading this, allow me to convince you just not to buy it. Please. Buy battlefield 4 or something. Its atleast better than this trash Expand
  29. Dec 27, 2013
    Black ops is so much better than any modern warfare version that comes out. These games are repetitive and do not change enough to be interesting. Save your mullah and keep the older versions.
  30. Jan 4, 2014
    Laughably terrible. I find it funny how Infinity Ward started the franchise and now Treyarch is the top dog when it comes to the new COD games. Let Treyarch take over the Production of COD games. Infinity Ward is the laughing stock of the video game industry. Same game every year just with more BS in the multiplayer.
  31. Jul 21, 2014
    Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is. Insanity.... is doing the exact same **** thing, over and over again, expecting **** to change. That is crazy. But the first time somebody told me that, I don't know , I thought they were bull****ting me so, boom, I banned him. The thing is, okay....... he was right. And then I started to see it everywhere I looked, all these ****Did I ever tell you, what the definition of insanity is. Insanity.... is doing the exact same **** thing, over and over again, expecting **** to change. That is crazy. But the first time somebody told me that, I don't know , I thought they were bull****ting me so, boom, I banned him. The thing is, okay....... he was right. And then I started to see it everywhere I looked, all these **** fanboys, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same **** thing, over and over and over and over and over again, Thinking "This time it's going to be different, no no no please, this time it's going to be different. Expand
  32. Nov 20, 2014
    Let me start by saying Ghosts is my least favourite Call of Duty. Yes I still am giving it an 8 and as I have mentioned in previous reviews, I am not a fanboy for COD or Battlefield. I like both series and simply believe that while Ghosts is not the most innovative entry in the series, it still provides plenty of fun and it certainly shows the strength of this series when my leastLet me start by saying Ghosts is my least favourite Call of Duty. Yes I still am giving it an 8 and as I have mentioned in previous reviews, I am not a fanboy for COD or Battlefield. I like both series and simply believe that while Ghosts is not the most innovative entry in the series, it still provides plenty of fun and it certainly shows the strength of this series when my least favourite entry gets a high score. The real reason that Ghosts doesn't impress me as much as other entries- it is the first COD to come to new gen systems and it completely messes up this opportunity. Rather than bringing revolutionary new innovation to the new platforms like the original MW did, we get the same old multiplayer, the same old campaign and the same old co-op modes. But that doesn't mean it sucks...

As per usual, I will start with the most important part of the game- the multiplayer. It retains the scorestreak systems of BLOPSII which is great, but the lack of the excellent Pick 10 system feels like a step back. That said, the Create A Class options are greatly expanded and now you can have multiple characters with each one having up to 6 loadouts. While it will take a lot of time to unlock all of these options, the progression has now been enhanced so that a new Squad Points system rewards you per game and per achievements. With the points you can unlock plenty of gear which is similar to the BLOPSII points system, but it all feels more accessible. Back to the customization and now you can finally pick the uniforms for your characters, their names, their tags and best of all... their genre. I had a great time creating my dream soldier and while the options still have room for improvement, the amount of content on display is even more enriching than per usual. What else is new? A companion app gives you even more options when it comes to creating and customizing your clan and the online features encourage eSports greatly. The maps are probably the most advanced part of the MP with the new dynamic events ranging from cool to gimmicky. There are plenty of good maps, but I am yet to find an instant classic after playing every one of them. The new modes are fun, but will hardly affect the great amount of TDM, FFA and CTF matches. Blitz and Cranked are fun, fast paced modes that take advantage of the mortality of the player, but I still prefer the standard modes. Along with this, Field Orders are now a part of the game and these challenges show up after the first kill. Obtain the blue, floating briefcase, complete the feat (headshots, 3 consecutive kills etc.) and you'll earn a care package. I like the idea of this, but it isn't a game changer. In the end, Ghosts is the same old COD MP and that is alright because it is some of the best multiplayer on the market, but it certainly leaves you feeling like the series is in need of a rethink... that's why we have Advanced Warfare I suppose, but anyway back to Ghosts and the mixed results of the campaign...

In the previews for it, this game seemed to display something COD rarely achieves- a good campaign. Apparently you would play as the same character for the whole game (not true), the dog Riley would be a big part of it (uh-uh) and the story would be a family drive drama (I'm gonna laugh at that!). Ghosts doesn't try to be something it's not, but I'm not sure if I support that. I would have liked to see a bit of depth in the characters, even if it did feel forced, but the hollow shell of a protagonist and the cliched story makes this feel like a compilation of every average shooter campaign across the course of the last five years. The locations and set pieces are still inspired and I like the idea of a crack military team called the "Ghosts", but the weak story and repetitive design make this a campaign that won't stand out as a COD favourite.

There are four modes in Ghosts instead of three, with the ambitious Squads a mix between multiplayer and co-op. I still don't get the entire premise. Basically you and your clan build a squad and spare spots are left to the AI. You take your squad online to fight others after that and level up. It's a nice premise but it isn't fleshed out enough to be a worthy diversion from MP. However, it is your gateway to playing the returning Survival mode which is always a great option.

The final mode is called Extinction and its a campaign that sees you fighting off waves of weird aliens to defend a drill that completes your objectives. It's a little Left 4 Dead, a little COD: Zombies and its can be fun with three other friends, but it isn't as accessible as the Zombies mode and the lack of a feeling progress when you die is annoying. Best of all however, you can rank up, unlock weapons and gadgets and also purchase skills for your select class. Nice!

Ghosts is fun. However, the lack of innovation and fleshed out ideas in every mode shows why this series was in desperate need of change before Advanced Warfare...
  33. Nov 21, 2013
    Another year, another COD. I buy it every year and have loads of fun but this year, it's all gone to pot. I love the MP but whoever designed these maps needs taking outside the IW offices so all the other members of staff can throw stickies at them. They are too big and too cluttered, I've gone through a whole TDM match and have seen 5 people! The best map on it is Stonehaven and thatAnother year, another COD. I buy it every year and have loads of fun but this year, it's all gone to pot. I love the MP but whoever designed these maps needs taking outside the IW offices so all the other members of staff can throw stickies at them. They are too big and too cluttered, I've gone through a whole TDM match and have seen 5 people! The best map on it is Stonehaven and that seems to have been stolen from Halo!
    This could be the last IW version of COD I buy, those maps have ruined it. This could even be the last COD in this format we see for a bit. The next gen with games like Titanfall and even BF4 make this look as old as the concept is. I wanted it to be the game that carries me through the winter, but it's just not the same anymore. Avoid this and spend your hard earned cash on something more worthy. Hell even BF4 is a better option and I've never got into Battlefield games.
  34. Jan 3, 2015
    The multiplayer of this game was the most fun multiplayer I've ever played. Its campaign, was, honestly, not the best, but still good fun. This is the most underrated game I've ever seen. Admit it, whether it was a great game or not, you spent hours and hours on it knowing it was the "same thing again". The multiplayer will always be very similar, and the gameplay too. But it will haveThe multiplayer of this game was the most fun multiplayer I've ever played. Its campaign, was, honestly, not the best, but still good fun. This is the most underrated game I've ever seen. Admit it, whether it was a great game or not, you spent hours and hours on it knowing it was the "same thing again". The multiplayer will always be very similar, and the gameplay too. But it will have huge campaign differences and slight differences in the multiplayer each time good enough to be worth buying. full price. Expand
  35. LTR
    Nov 11, 2013
    This is a decent game. Even though the campaign is great, the multiplayer is very disappointing, extinction is horrible and squads is pretty much combat training.
  36. Oct 20, 2015
    Really just not a good game. Bought this for $20 just to play the campaign which was decent. The online was just bad; not one good thing I can say about it.
  37. Nov 8, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Average User Score: 2.1
    Nov 8, 2013 7 Call of Duty: Ghosts ImageAs the old saying goes with the "Call of Duty" Franchise, "If you played one Call of Duty game, you played them all!" That unfortunately is TRUE. The only Call of duty games I have ever played are Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty Black Ops (Just a little bit of the story), Call of Duty Black Ops II and now
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Average User Score: 2.1
    Nov 8, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts ImageAs the old saying goes with the "Call of Duty" Franchise, "If you played one Call of Duty game, you played them all!" That unfortunately is TRUE. The only Call of duty games I have ever played are Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty Black Ops (Just a little bit of the story), Call of Duty Black Ops II and now Call of Duty Ghosts. Every Call of Duty fanboy and etc. has already talked about the game's FAULTS! I actually want to talk about how Infinity Ward can make this game BETTER and now a cash in! First, give the fans a more LONGER/ engaging story with emotion and dark elements with branching paths. Second, give us a more enhanced customization mode with a weapon creator, more ethnic races to choose from, more colors to choose from, more variety of weapons and any other suggestions Infinity Ward's dedicated fan base. Call of Duty fans need more elements like better Fish A.I, more levels without having to buy them but instead, UNLOCK them, better ways to trap campers, more innovative ways to destroy buildings, ride helicopters, save citizens, RPG like elements where we can intereact with NPC's and give us something else to do besides run around and kill people by making it more innovative like Battlefield but at epic proportions! Third, NO MORE POINTLESS DLC! (Make it an option for us to buy the dlc or complete tasks to unlock certain weapons and etc.) And Lastly, Give the fans more OFFLINE and ONLINE multiplayer modes! (Come up with something new!) I am tired of hearing everyone saying, "Call of Duty sucks and it is overrated!" Prove all the nay-sayers wrong! MAKE CALL OF DUTY BETTER.. NOT WORSE! STOP BEING LAZY and put more effort into your GAMES!!! 7/10!
  38. Dec 31, 2013
    Yes, Call of Duty has gone downhill ever since the release of Black Ops. Ghosts isn't a very good game, but it isn't a bad one either. In my opinion, the multiplayer is worse, I absolutely hate the currency system, I was always a fan of unlocking weapons as you ranked up. I don't much care for the fact that there aren't any challenges for attachments, but you just purchase them. It's justYes, Call of Duty has gone downhill ever since the release of Black Ops. Ghosts isn't a very good game, but it isn't a bad one either. In my opinion, the multiplayer is worse, I absolutely hate the currency system, I was always a fan of unlocking weapons as you ranked up. I don't much care for the fact that there aren't any challenges for attachments, but you just purchase them. It's just an average CoD multiplayer. The campaign is about what you'd expect, pretty decent. Extinction is probably the best and most unique part of the game. It's fun, expansive, and almost as good of an experience as Zombies.

Call of Duty: Ghosts gets a 7.2/10
  39. Nov 6, 2013
    I got this because all my friends were getting it even though its metacritic ratings have been steadily dropping year by year, but I regret it now because its crapper than last years CoD which was really crap. Another waste of money I could have spent on something else. Perhaps I should broaden my horizons a bit and play some different games rather than CoD all the time which actually...I got this because all my friends were getting it even though its metacritic ratings have been steadily dropping year by year, but I regret it now because its crapper than last years CoD which was really crap. Another waste of money I could have spent on something else. Perhaps I should broaden my horizons a bit and play some different games rather than CoD all the time which actually... when I think about it is exactly the same as MW1 and even CoD1, just with a slightly different story and setting. OMG they've been selling me the same game for the past 10 years!!!! WTF?! i'm a complete sheep and dumb ass!!! What was I thinking? Expand
  40. Jan 21, 2014
    Call of Duty: Dog Ops, I thought was gonna be a change. I kept hearing people say same COD same **** but I wanted to see and play the game for myself and man I just wasted 50 bucks. The game touted the use of the dog, but his use is very minimal with the exception of it's use in multiplayer. The story could have been more interesting if the enemy was actually believable. Really, a SouthCall of Duty: Dog Ops, I thought was gonna be a change. I kept hearing people say same COD same **** but I wanted to see and play the game for myself and man I just wasted 50 bucks. The game touted the use of the dog, but his use is very minimal with the exception of it's use in multiplayer. The story could have been more interesting if the enemy was actually believable. Really, a South American Union? The graphics are fair for the most part, but what's the point of interesting levels if you're simply moving upon a set path with no branching ways to take. Also if the squad you're controlling is suppose to be stealth killers, then shouldn't the game have way more stealth aspects to it? I'll take it Ghosts will be the new COD story arc for the next-gen gaming systems til they start talking about the next new COD storyline. Oh, well guess I'll go outside. Expand
  41. Dec 26, 2013
    Activision had a whole new opportunity to turn the Call of Duty series into a whole new direction. It didn't. In fact, COD Ghosts seems more drenched in the same tropes of the rest of the series. Yet, there are still improvements in the game, the graphics are decent, extinction mode is fun (not as fun as zombies) and the game has arguably the best campaign level where you climb the wallsActivision had a whole new opportunity to turn the Call of Duty series into a whole new direction. It didn't. In fact, COD Ghosts seems more drenched in the same tropes of the rest of the series. Yet, there are still improvements in the game, the graphics are decent, extinction mode is fun (not as fun as zombies) and the game has arguably the best campaign level where you climb the walls of a skyscraper in Caracas, Venezuela. The campaign is great and prepare to be wowed when you reach the snow fortress. Still, the campaign lacks gameplay variety, sure, you get to pilot a helicopter briefly, but besides that and controlling the dog Riley for a little bit all the missions are familiar point the gun and pull the trigger shooting. The new Squads mode in multiplayer is okay and the multiplayer is the same as any CoD game but with new maps, guns, and kill streaks. (plus you can devastate one map with an explosion!) Ghosts can't quite match Battlefield 4's 24 player matches (64 on Xbox One), but still the nine game modes are terrific. Ghosts is by no means flawless, yet is very fun nonetheless. Expand
  42. Jan 4, 2014
    Utter crap. They release the same game every year, pay reviewers to give it a good rating and mass idiots buy it every time. This sucks balls. The worst thing is they pull the whole gaming industry to the same with them. Everyone wants to be more casual and accessible, even Battlefield has copied Cod, in all the bad ways.

And, yes, I have played the game for several hours. Utter crap.

And, yes, I have played the game for several hours. Utter crap. Have to give special award to the Remote Controllable Dog! That is hilarious
  43. Nov 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty title. The campaign's good as any, really, but the real deciding factor is multiplayer. Just like other CoD titles, you play different game modes, get XP and unlock weapons, camos, etc. Squads Mode offers offline players a chance to experience online play while unlocking new weapons and gear for their characters (which can also be used online).Another year, another Call of Duty title. The campaign's good as any, really, but the real deciding factor is multiplayer. Just like other CoD titles, you play different game modes, get XP and unlock weapons, camos, etc. Squads Mode offers offline players a chance to experience online play while unlocking new weapons and gear for their characters (which can also be used online). Customizing your characters' appearance and gender is finally an option, though it's not nearly as deep as, say, Halo 4. Extinciton's an interesting addition, tasking you and up to 3 other players to destroy alien hives while fighting off waves of aliens. Despite all of this, it's the exact same game engine we've been playing for nearly a decade, just with prettier graphics (especially if you're playing it on Xbox One or PS4). At the end of the day, this Call of Duty game is just like any other Call of Duty game: there are going to be people who like it, and there are going to be people who hate it. And from the looks of things, I don't expect that to change anytime soon. That said, it's still a decent game. Just don't expect it to re-invent the wheel. Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, I think Battlefield fans are all the 900+ people who gave a negative score. Call of Duty Ghosts was not IF's best, but the game was somewhat good. Campaign is a little longer than previous games and has it's intense moments, such as when Elias dies and Riley gets shot. While Extinction is close to impossible on Solo, I found that it was a unique way to bring back survival typed game. Multi-player is my issue. The maps are too damn big! it allows for snipers and marksman rifles to be the most used guns! This game was fine until I sat down and played Multi-player. They might of changed, but in my opinion, Multi-player is the one that brought them down to a "7" rating from Big League reviewers and a "6.9" for me. Infinity Ward... when you make DLC in January, please make sure to not make gigantic maps. Expand
  45. Jan 1, 2014
    Call of duty ghost is a good game the best part about is the multiplayer I like the graphics But my biggest flaw is where are the ghosts.....................................................
  46. Feb 4, 2014
    Ever since I first hit the cod scene, I found people complaining about issues that simply were not there, hating to sound cool more than anything. I'm not too hardcore a gamer myself, so I generally ignored them. Black ops 2 turned out to be my favorite title so far, taking every aspect we've come to love about call of duty and launch it to new hights along with a very balanced and nonEver since I first hit the cod scene, I found people complaining about issues that simply were not there, hating to sound cool more than anything. I'm not too hardcore a gamer myself, so I generally ignored them. Black ops 2 turned out to be my favorite title so far, taking every aspect we've come to love about call of duty and launch it to new hights along with a very balanced and non glitchy multiplayer, they even improved the now aged campaign and zombies. So, following this great game, I was ready for what I thought was going to be a great new title, especially with the new consoles... And boy was I WRONG. Ghosts ended up being the worst expierience I've ever had with call of duty. It's not even the same infinity ward team anymore. THEY went over. To respawn entertainment making titanfall.
    So, what exactly is wrong with this game?... What's NOT wrong with this game! That's the shorter question!

As opposed to black ops 2s excellent, multi range designed maps that disproved camping and kept the action moving, ghosts features some of the dullest, most poorly designed maps ever. The weapon balance in BO2 was PHENOMENAL, the best since cod 4. Ghosts; honey badger dominates, the end. Plus, noob tubing has returned!. What was infinity ward thinking!?

Aside from the boring as hell multiplayer and terrible balance, the campaign was pretty lackluster too. This was one of the biggest selling points for ghosts: a campaign full of characters you grew attached to and cared about with more depth. By the end of the game however, I had forgotten most of the people's names. It was probably the least bad feature of the game, and in some respects can be good, but with the lack of cinematic awesomeness from previous games, its just a generic cod campaign, not horrid, but not awesome either.

I'm not going to waste time with squads mode and extinction. Extinction is a somewhat lackluster ripoff of zombies, and the squads mode is just dumb. Why would you want to fight bots when you can play league play against other skilled players? You wouldn't, that's the answer.

Overall, this game just doesn't stand up well, even against the standards of Cod! The multiplayer is garbage, squads and extinction are really lame compared to zombies and even survival in MW3 (also a bad cod title). The campaign, ironically, is the best part of the game, and it isn't as good as many critics are claiming it to be. Maybe the game, with its insta killing weapons (also a bad factor), OP equipment, and camper friendly ugly maps could be liked by the noobiest of players, but for all you cod veterans out there, this is just sad. That's all the gam is really, it's just a weak, weak game

I give ghosts a 2/10 (and that's cupcaking it...)
  47. Nov 7, 2013
    Ahh, the annual Call Of Duty. I was really hoping that somehow, the folks at Infinity Ward were telling the truth when they said they were doing something brave and not making Modern Warfare 4.
    I can safely inform you that that was a load of bollocks and in everything from the outdated graphics to the recycled themes and cutscenes, CoD: Ghost carries little to no merit as we enter an all new generation of games.

The story follows poor old America, who this time is not invading some third world country in an annual death squad hunt, but rather finds itself in ruins from a large scale attack from you guessed it the clearly resource rich South America. The premise of this near post apocalyptic future was one of the few redeeming factors of the game, but because the details of why it all took place in the first place are so vague, there is near to no driving force behind why you have to set out on this mission, and so it becomes yet another mindless shooter where you and your awfully programmed AI bros, face off against even dumber AI terrorists.
    Save for the Trophies/Achievements, the campaign warrants an hour of so of your time to decide for yourself whether you want to finish it or not. Of course story is not why hundreds of thousands of gamer-bros around the world buy CoD every year. Oh no, the reason to slap another sixty dollars down would be for the majority in the games multiplayer.

Despite disliking my experience of the most part, I cannot deny a smidgen of merit in this department. There is fun to be had, and I must commend Infinity Ward for their work in the map design department.
    That being said, this is still the same monotonous "spawn-die-spawn-kill-die" formula that has been present in the last few games.
    I fail to see the point of it even existing when the only hope you have of killing any opposing player is if you were to see them first, and even then, I was constantly outraged by how I would shoot first, and then randomly die. Upon viewing the returning "KillCam" if shows the person that killed me shoot first, thus proving the return of the infamous "Lag-Comp". Introduced in Black Ops 2, with the intention of giving players with varying internet connections similar experiences, it makes gameplay extremely bloody irritating.
    The "Redefined Multiplayer" that can be quoted from the back of the CoD: Ghosts packaging is merely a way of trying to make us believe that by adding a ton of perks, and slightly altering the "Pick 10" system in BO2, that they are truly changing the playing fields. But this does not alter the already dreadful experience, that offers zero accessibility to newcomers at all.

A gimmick of a wave mode has been implemented and is titled "Extinction". It sees you and your gallant force of bro American soldiers duke it out with, you guessed it, aliens. A L I E N S. Have we resorted to picking new modes out of a hat filled with ideas people at Infinity Ward came up with at drunken parties celebrating the incomprehensible success of their last game? I mean, ****
    And if you hadn't guessed, the mode itself is ****

I had hoped that we would have seen Call Of Duty thrive and die on this generation of consoles, but there is the worrying idea that that may not be the case.
    For fans of the series, what people with constructive views say does not matter, because you've already bought it. For others, stay away. In a sea of exciting new IP's, amazing re-imaginings of existing franchises, and all new consoles, CoD: Ghosts fits into the corner of games that will hopefully soon be swept under the rug and forgotten about, as the future of gaming is far to bright to be snuffed out by rubbish such as this.

Jack Valentine
  48. Jun 4, 2014
    Eh, the game is okay, Black ops 2 was A LOT better than this. The campaign was cool, but after a while it just got super BORING. I mean I thought this was a stealthy game after the trailer, but then I realized it was just like any other call of duty, just running and gunning. The multiplayer in here is just to berserk, I mean there are so many corners and turns, that no matter what you doEh, the game is okay, Black ops 2 was A LOT better than this. The campaign was cool, but after a while it just got super BORING. I mean I thought this was a stealthy game after the trailer, but then I realized it was just like any other call of duty, just running and gunning. The multiplayer in here is just to berserk, I mean there are so many corners and turns, that no matter what you do you ARE going to get shot. And your health in the game is pretty dang pathetic, not to mention the QUICKSCOPERS. My gosh, just stop making snipers seriously just stop, and then you won't have to worry about that. Extinction was a nicely done job, that's probably why this game isn't in the negatives, the story is pretty well set out, but the game play is just to dang impossible, I mean who's idea was it to make it so hard it is unbeatable to most people. Would recommend this? No not really, it was good, but not worth the 120$ that I paid for it. I really liked call of duty 4 modern warfare, I liked the whole modern warfare series. This just kind of made me lose everything I liked in call of duty, I mean seriously, make something new, don't just make the same thing YEAR after YEAR. It get's really boring playing the same thing again and again, just paying more money for it. Seriously, do something creative, I've about had it with this crap. And I am pretty sure that "Advanced Warfare" is going to have the same thing in it. Expand
  49. Dec 22, 2013
    The funny thing in my mind is that if Ghosts actually went by its apparent ideas of guerrilla warfare, of laying traps, using stolen enemy weapons and approaching enemies with more thought than shooting anything that moves, that it would be a cult hit for those longing for an expansion of CoD4's All Ghillied Up missions Unfortunately, in the hands of a post Zampella/West Inifinity Ward,The funny thing in my mind is that if Ghosts actually went by its apparent ideas of guerrilla warfare, of laying traps, using stolen enemy weapons and approaching enemies with more thought than shooting anything that moves, that it would be a cult hit for those longing for an expansion of CoD4's All Ghillied Up missions Unfortunately, in the hands of a post Zampella/West Inifinity Ward, it is bizarrely as bad, even worse than its World War 3 styled predecessors in terms of bombastic set pieces, and about as stealthy as a truck with giant amps blaring out nu-metal full blast at the enemy.

The graphics may claim to be better, but such bland art direction makes it look worse than Black Ops 2's near future style. Gameplay is as recycled as you can get, and new ideas seem to be taken as jokes by the devs, who would much rather stick with their formula than try anything remotely new, in case players have a weird fear of change.

The campaign is very forgettable, and considering that an oscar winner wrote it that's a surprise. It is just as racially insensitive as MW3 when it comes to depicting anyone other than the U.S (come on, South america this time?), and there is no emotional connection to the player character. Crucially, it takes itself far too seriously, so there is no fun to be had at its own silliness the way Blops 2 had.

Simply put, doesn't live up to its promises, and instead sticks to a far too worn path that most have got sick of at this point.
  50. Dec 13, 2013
    Another bland rehash of MW1. Multiplayer is an absolute mess: the netcoding is still atrocious, assault rifles are still more accurate than snipers, most shotguns are useless (unless you use full auto), riot shields are useless, the perk system is a clusterf***, and most weapons now kill in three hits regardless of where you get hit. Pistols are a bloody joke; despite being able to fireAnother bland rehash of MW1. Multiplayer is an absolute mess: the netcoding is still atrocious, assault rifles are still more accurate than snipers, most shotguns are useless (unless you use full auto), riot shields are useless, the perk system is a clusterf***, and most weapons now kill in three hits regardless of where you get hit. Pistols are a bloody joke; despite being able to fire them as fast as an assault rifle, it takes 5-6 bullets to kill someone, despite the higher caliber round inside a pistol. Might as well not carry the damn things if you are handicapped for using a pistol. Players still have that crackhead level of speed, meaning that due to the horrendous latency, you'll get killed by someone storming a staircase before you can fire a round off. The hitboxes are also garbage: you'll hit someone 6 times with an assault rifle dead on and they'll still turn around and drop you in 2 rifle shots to the chest. The spawn system is absolute garbage, literally throwing you to the wolves as cannon fodder to the opposing team. Other times, an area you just checked and cleared will suddenly have an opponent warp in and kill you from behind. Killstreaks are pretty bland, and the devs managed to mess up iron sights of all things. The graphics are nice level wise, but the character models sometimes look like they were modeled on a gamecube. The single player is low quality drek and should be avoided. In fact, avoid this game all together. Rent it if you must but save yourself some agony and stress--don't buy this piece of crap. Expand
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    I've been saying it since MW2. Same thing every year. Nothing innovative at all. Activision has figured out how to exploit addiction. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Activision and Bobby Kotick.
  52. Nov 6, 2014
    I don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILLI don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILL **** BECAUSE ITS CALL OF DUTY. Just buy the COD 4 the last good one in the entire series. If you are some brain deficient child you may derive some entertainment but anyone more intelligent stay away. There are better games to be had for less that 60 dollars. Expand
  53. Oct 6, 2014
    This game is the best COD that have ever played the story has me on the edge of my gamer chair every second the characters are the best thing about it. Amazing graphics amazing characters . The multiplayer in this game is absolutely amazing with a fun and friendly place to go when you need to have some fun over all this game is 10/10 and amazing and all of you should go get it
  54. Feb 6, 2014
    Call of Duty needs to take a break
    Pros:
    -It runs at 60 FPS ._.
    -Bigger Maps
    -A New mode (Extinction)
    -Well Voice Acted
    Cons:
    -Same old Gameplay
    -Graphics look even worse than BO2 or the previous games
    -Shotguns are weak
    -The Story is like MW2 in MANY ways
    -Same thing each year
    -The A.I. is stupid
    -Create-A-Class is a disappointment
    Recommendation: Hardcore Call of Duty Fans
  55. Mar 12, 2016
    People seem to rate this call of duty poorly just to fit in with the other... I enjoyed the campaign, sure the ending was kinda crappy but it was fun and i spent alot of time online in the infected mode. I really don't understand all the hate, i'm pretty much a casual cod player so maybe that's why but i never regretted buying this game, i even got the next gen version. I think it's a great game!
  56. Nov 5, 2013
    There are clearly a lot of people just giving this game a flat-out zero, largely because of the hate and resentment they have against this game. They have reasons, sure, but honestly, it's all centered on biased hate.
    Anyway, Call of Duty: Ghosts offers us a new experience, although some of it is quite expected already. It gives us just enough new experience in the campaign and multiplayer to have a fun but relatively unsurprising jump from one game to another. The graphics are acceptable, but not at the level of Battlefield 4, the storyline is fine, and the multiplayer is good but not mind-blowing, and overall, Ghosts is a considerably wel-made shooter.
  57. Apr 11, 2014
    Call of Duty is back (again) but once again, it disappoints to reach the level of awesomeness as both CoD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2

Campaign The Campaign is much better than the Black Ops II Campaign, also the original Black Ops, but not any better than the other CoD's, its campaign gives us the same intro as any other CoD game, war has started, your losing the war and you

Campaign
    The Campaign is much better than the Black Ops II Campaign, also the original Black Ops, but not any better than the other CoD's, its campaign gives us the same intro as any other CoD game, war has started, your losing the war and you kill Russians (why Russian's, why not Chinese, Japanese, or Germans again) but the second mission has a bit of stealth, the game overall has a bit of stealth (like most games have now) but you can control a dog, which may seem awesome for a bit, but there is a problem with it, is there any point of stealth (and how did you get pass so easily?) answer is no, whatever you do, is shoot, there going to find you one way or another
    Campaign = 7/10 It gets 7 because its ending makes you wish for more, and ends with a cliffhanger, which nearly confirms a sequel

Multiplayer
    Now im going to get some hate i guess for this, but the multiplayer is the bad thing in CoD, and has been since Black Ops (Black Ops was the game that destroyed CoD) but it tries to be good, it just is the same as all of the other CoD's
    Multiplayer = 2/10, gets 2 for being the same, only above 0 because it has some new stuff which can be entertaining, for about 30 seconds

Extinction
    So i had no interest with this mode, but i gave it a go, and this is a ok mode, but it won't be replacing Zombies with its fun, its a story based mode, which is very annoying to do, it even has strategy (IT HAS!... for once), thing is, it feels boring quick, feels like Zombies mode with Aliens and no Zombies, with taking away the windows.
    Extinction = 5/10, Could have got a higher score if it wasn't for it being boring easily

Overall = 6/10, Call of Duty Ghosts buries Multiplayer dead, Campaign misses the trick and a game mode which has fun, but only for a short while, would've given 4/10 if it wasn't for the new tricks
  58. Nov 8, 2013
    While the Call of Duty franchise is more of an annual update rather than a series of sequels, Call of Duty: Ghosts puts in some interesting ideas for Infinity Ward's future.

The campaign has a good playable story which is packed with action and good gameplay, however it undermines that of Black Ops II, as it's campaign was webbed, so you could play it in any way you wanted, whereas Ghosts goes back to being linear. Some work could be done to the Campaign, but I found it an enjoyable experience overall.

The Multiplayer has brought back some favourite gamemodes, such as Team Deathmatch, a few fun ones, such as Infected, as well as some new ones, like 'Cranked' in which you must get a kill within 30 seconds to not die. The 'Pick 10' class system from Black Ops II has come back with some tweaks; The system is the same but you can pick MORE than 10 things in your arsenal. Character Customization has spawned in Ghosts allowing the player to choose how they want to look in-game, which is always good to have. The Multiplayer in all is pretty much the same mechanics as that of the game's predecessors, but with some new features that new players to the franchise will enjoy. But I thought the maps you played on were TOO BIG. They were meant to be designed for 'Ground War' a gamemode in which 18 players can play at once. However 'Ground War' is not available on the Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii U versions of the game, so that was a shame.

Now, 'Squads'. 'Squads' is the new Online Co-Op engine in which you and five friends band together to play a variety of Co-Op gamemodes. The favourite 'Survival' mode returns from Modern Warfare 3 in the form of 'Safehouse' as well as a few new Co-Op gamemodes that Co-Op fans will enjoy. What's more, any XP you earn in Co-Op or Multiplayer will count towards your online rank. I thought that this was a brilliant feature for those who are better at one than the other and need to boost their level up.

'Extinction' is Infinity Ward's new Horde-Survival mode in which 4 players must traverse a destroyed alienated landscape and fend off hordes of lethal aliens. The players are armed with pistols of their choice at the start, but guns can be bought along the way. The main objective is to run through the city destroying alien 'hives' and arming a Nuke at the city area thus dashing back to the helicopter. This is kind of a rip-off to Zombies from Treyarch's games in a way, but with a similar system and familiar ideas, this will be good for longtime Zombies players, however there are no Perk-a-Cola's people!

In conclusion, I thought Call of Duty: Ghosts was a rather decent game. It wasn't perfect, but then again no game is perfect. Changes and patches can be made to Ghosts right now, but in its early stages of the game's release I was impressed with the effort that was taken to make this. The Call of Duty franchise is pulling itself out of the repetitive hole its been stuck in all these years, with a brilliant effort made on Black Ops II, and Ghosts has had a good effort put into it too. Well Done Infinity Ward!
  59. Dec 24, 2013
    Although containing some of the best mutiplayer maps in the series, its campaign is laughable and besides a pointless dog addition there's nothing new
  60. May 8, 2014
    Stereotypical plot, nonsensical narrative, and cartoonish set-pieces. Just like a B-movie. Normally, I'd say that's all right if their intention was to be cheesy like EDF but it actually takes itself serious. Multiplayer is not too bad when comes to Extinction but they try too hard to wring out cash with dlc's that aren't fun and unentertaining. Be prepared to mute your headsets, you'reStereotypical plot, nonsensical narrative, and cartoonish set-pieces. Just like a B-movie. Normally, I'd say that's all right if their intention was to be cheesy like EDF but it actually takes itself serious. Multiplayer is not too bad when comes to Extinction but they try too hard to wring out cash with dlc's that aren't fun and unentertaining. Be prepared to mute your headsets, you're going to listen to tweens, adults, and kids act immaturely simply because of a game. The maps aren't too dynamic, it's all "ooh, I knocked down a tree!" And the like. There isn't much difference between platforms, it's just a bit improved on the graphics side. Expand
  61. Jul 1, 2015
    Então comprei na estreia bom , achando que ia ser bom , mais depois desse nunca mais vou gostar de cod como antes , podre demais , Infinity Ward podia vender o cod .-.
  62. Nov 5, 2013
    There is honestly nothing to review that hasn't already been said about previous ventures in the series. It's the same game as the last four, just with a new subtitle and a higher price tag.
  63. Nov 15, 2013
    At what point do you tell yourself, no more? Call of Duty Ghosts promises to revitalise the ailing franchise, but instead of injecting new blood into it, it exposes itself as the worst Call of Duty title yet. It never reaches the highs of Black Ops 1 and repeats the mistake of Modern Warfare 2 and 3. In fact, it even borrows animation from the latter.

My final verdict? Dire! Stay away

My final verdict? Dire! Stay away at all cost.
  64. Nov 5, 2013
    i am the only one who thinks this should've been a DLC for MW3?? i mean what the hell!!! it's the same one but with a dog on it. Either way it stills being good at our amusement.
  65. Nov 21, 2013
    I am sick of Game reviewers such as IGN Rating this game High scores. This piece of is just a recycled version of MW3. Graphics look bad even on PC! Ultra 1080p still makes it look bad. the multiplayer is still garbage The guns still sound like plastic BB guns. lag, The campaign is stupid and boring and there's a brand new Extinction mode which lets you play against Aliens! how stupid isI am sick of Game reviewers such as IGN Rating this game High scores. This piece of is just a recycled version of MW3. Graphics look bad even on PC! Ultra 1080p still makes it look bad. the multiplayer is still garbage The guns still sound like plastic BB guns. lag, The campaign is stupid and boring and there's a brand new Extinction mode which lets you play against Aliens! how stupid is that! this comes down to a Milking of a dead Cow. Its like they only focused on making the dog look good in missions than working on the pile of crap! this Goddamn game better be the last "Call of Dogs" game Infinity Ward ever makes. Expand
  66. Dec 24, 2013
    a very disappointing installment of the Call of Duty series. It was almost exactly like MW3 with the same WW3 kind of mood and weak and dark graphics. The multiplayer has basically didn't change and the campaign felt too scripted and predictable. The new alien mode is uninventive and has boring, repetitive, and unoriginal gameplay. Basically it would have worked as a DLC to MW3 but on it'sa very disappointing installment of the Call of Duty series. It was almost exactly like MW3 with the same WW3 kind of mood and weak and dark graphics. The multiplayer has basically didn't change and the campaign felt too scripted and predictable. The new alien mode is uninventive and has boring, repetitive, and unoriginal gameplay. Basically it would have worked as a DLC to MW3 but on it's own for 60 Bucks? No way activision you messed up! Expand
  67. Sep 21, 2015
    This game got ripped a new one by whiny "day 1" players who pitched hissy fits when it was launched with bugs. Granted, that's a big no-no, but it's the norm today with all the crooked game publishers using customers for final beta. I enjoyed Ghosts, but only played solo campaign, not multiplayer. Apparently 95% of players only play online so I'm the minority here, but I enjoyed the RileyThis game got ripped a new one by whiny "day 1" players who pitched hissy fits when it was launched with bugs. Granted, that's a big no-no, but it's the norm today with all the crooked game publishers using customers for final beta. I enjoyed Ghosts, but only played solo campaign, not multiplayer. Apparently 95% of players only play online so I'm the minority here, but I enjoyed the Riley missions and the graphics and the story was pretty good. Expand
  68. Nov 6, 2013
    People are idiots here, most people have 1-2 reviews and give this a 1 or lower. You've never seen a 0 game if you say this is 0. It's a pretty fun game with average graphics and little innovation.
  69. Nov 7, 2013
    Its like a pirated DVD of a game it looks rough plays like a games from 2004 and is just bad this is not a new engine total BS lazy cash in yet again some good ideas but the choppy story and ugly graphics and 1980s story line.
    This will be traded in for BF4 i gave COD one more chance they are ripping the piss now.
  70. Nov 24, 2013
    It's another call of duty game. Nothing special about it. It's just the company trying to make money with stupid costumers that probably just brought it blindly
  71. Nov 5, 2013
    Yeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to haveYeh...Call of Duty has never really changed from the casual, 1 shot kill game with higher auto aim feature than any shooter. This one has aliens and a dog? Some features that let you customize an soldier so for a millisecond that its alive you can go NICE! Its near unplayable on all platforms but Xbox. For a game which is just copy and paste, it truly is a failure of modern gaming to have something so buggy coming out. Graphic and gameplay are worse than black ops. Its not a next gen game, its a failure of the industry. Expand
  72. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is cool, and I don't understand why people despise it... I myself hate some elements but that's just some parts only like how your pistol is useless unless you down an enemy and shoot them point blank in the face, I also like how it parodies Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater with the mission 'The Hunted' because you are in a jungle with a knife and a silenced pistol in CQC stance...This game is cool, and I don't understand why people despise it... I myself hate some elements but that's just some parts only like how your pistol is useless unless you down an enemy and shoot them point blank in the face, I also like how it parodies Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater with the mission 'The Hunted' because you are in a jungle with a knife and a silenced pistol in CQC stance... The exact same way Snake goes in.
    I LOVE the multiplayer, especially the fog map where you can become Michael Myers who is my favorite movie icon, Heck... Roarke references my game world later in the campaign.
    I'm Kenny from the walking dead and I review to save lives.
  73. Nov 5, 2014
    one of the worst games in the world .
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty has been one of my favourites for a long time, maybe thats the problem. I am so bored with having such linear campaign games, just feels like you never have the chance to change direction of events. Why after all these years csnt we have AI which works, its just the same old, with each one just feeling like a map pack. I wont bother again and that pakns me, maybe I should haveCall of Duty has been one of my favourites for a long time, maybe thats the problem. I am so bored with having such linear campaign games, just feels like you never have the chance to change direction of events. Why after all these years csnt we have AI which works, its just the same old, with each one just feeling like a map pack. I wont bother again and that pakns me, maybe I should have learned my lesson before. Expand
  75. Nov 16, 2013
    It's just another Call of Duty game, expect nothing better and nothing worse.

I own both Battlefield 4 and Ghosts, I have to be completely honest. Ghosts compared to BF4 is just laughable. Everything about Battlefield's multiplayer is far superior to that of Call of Duty. Ghosts isn't a bad game at all, but it's not a great one. Too many years of the same thing can cause fatigue for
    It's just another Call of Duty game, expect nothing better and nothing worse.

Ghosts isn't a bad game at all, but it's not a great one. Too many years of the same thing can cause fatigue for most gamers and it's disappointing that Infinity Ward could have really enhanced the experience of Call of Duty this time around yet once again they have failed to deliver. I'm not going to give the game a completely negative review as it does provide some hours of fun and is a decent game to pick up if you like jumping online with a few friends and killing people, but that is the problem. It's the same thing over and over, hence why I'm giving the game a 5 10 this time around.

Maybe it's time to end the Call of Duty series, it may be the cash cow for IW and Treyarch, but lets face it. It has outlived it's purpose and is becoming incredibly tedious boring now. There are only so many times that I can prestige before it stops feeling rewarding. Hopefully with the Next Gen, we will see much better FPS games and maybe even Battlefield dominating the genre.
  76. Nov 5, 2013
    One of the best games and the best shooter game this generation. Very action packed, great visuals on ultra, especially in 3D, interesting campaign (much better then BF4), the dog is real deal and very fun to watch, many memorable moments and great shooter mechanics. What else to say? Masterpiece. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  77. Dec 11, 2013
    Yeah, so, uh, there's some crap in here about astronauts and guns and space battles and satellites but it's supposed to be cool and modern and edgy. What the f*ck is this?
  78. Nov 5, 2013
    utter garbage all of backgrounds and maps have been re-hashed again in multiplayer which has had hackers a week before the game released IW ignoring it >now multiplayer is officially ruined due to lil kids 15 and younger thinking its funny to hack a video game and make everyone elses experience hell !!!

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks (aimbotts,wallhacks etc.) already in Ghosts

by the way this is a legit review as in no way have i been paid by infinityward like critics have to do this review!!

campaign was mediocre best but CoD has always been about the multiplayer!!

thankfully i played a friends copy (he lent me cause his xbox got RROD and didnt waist $60 on this trash your better off buying Splinter Cell Black list its a fairly new title and it only costs $40 you save $20 if multiplayer is your thing go with BF4
  79. Nov 10, 2013
    This review will be based off the multi player proportion of the game. Also, keep in mind I have played all the other games since Cod 4 on a daily basis.
    Negatives:
    Negatives:
    To be honest, it is the same game as all the others ones. Many of the guns, map layouts, and ideas are exactly the same as its predecessor. A big portion of the problem is the creativity. The maps are all generic and boring. I never had a couple of maps I actually enjoyed. Only one or two actually appealed to me at least. I can only have small hours of game time cause of how bored and usual it got. It felt like I already played this... Luckily, I rented the game.

Positives:
    Gunplay feels simple
    Interesting new modes
  80. Nov 24, 2013
    The Call of Duty series has definitely hit rock bottom with this lastest edtion. The maps are garbage, the guns are either too powerful, or they're like BB guns. The whole art design that they chose looks muddy and disgusting, and the weapons look like thery're made from cheap plastic or something. There's still screaming ten-year-old kids, so I'm sure that the retard trolls will have fun.The Call of Duty series has definitely hit rock bottom with this lastest edtion. The maps are garbage, the guns are either too powerful, or they're like BB guns. The whole art design that they chose looks muddy and disgusting, and the weapons look like thery're made from cheap plastic or something. There's still screaming ten-year-old kids, so I'm sure that the retard trolls will have fun. What a waste of time and resources. Expand
  81. Jun 21, 2014
    This game kept me entertained for a little bit until I started to play online. It's just... How do I put this... Bland. It felt like a sequel more than a new game. All the maps are really big which I dislike and the Campaign doesn't have much depth. Now the good parts. The guns are amazing. I loved there choices for the guns and I did have fun on some maps. The Campaign doesn't have muchThis game kept me entertained for a little bit until I started to play online. It's just... How do I put this... Bland. It felt like a sequel more than a new game. All the maps are really big which I dislike and the Campaign doesn't have much depth. Now the good parts. The guns are amazing. I loved there choices for the guns and I did have fun on some maps. The Campaign doesn't have much depth but it is fun for the shortness that it is. If you want this game just for the Campaign DO NOT GET IT. If you want it for online, okay get it just don't expect it to be like Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty: Ghosts gets a 6/10
  82. Aug 7, 2017
    After coming from Black Ops II, I was rather disappointed with Ghosts. It takes concepts already implemented in the Call of Duty franchise, and recycles them without much improvement. Despite the sharp graphics, the environments and level design were bland as a whole. The multiplayer gameplay is decent, but nothing out of the ordinary. Extinction is interesting; I did enjoy it sometimes,After coming from Black Ops II, I was rather disappointed with Ghosts. It takes concepts already implemented in the Call of Duty franchise, and recycles them without much improvement. Despite the sharp graphics, the environments and level design were bland as a whole. The multiplayer gameplay is decent, but nothing out of the ordinary. Extinction is interesting; I did enjoy it sometimes, although it felt like a grind getting past certain stages. The campaign wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, in fact there were some captivating moments that kept it fresh. Ultimately though, it was rather predictable and I wasn't very invested in the plot or characters. Call of Duty: Ghosts is not a particularly bad game, but a mediocre one. It has its moments, but it doesn't try anything new or innovate from past titles. Expand
  83. Nov 17, 2013
    Look, I've bashed the last few Call of Duty games without mercy, but personally felt like BO2 provided glimmers of hope for the franchise as it had just enough ideas to elevate above all other recent offerings. But here comes Infinity Ward to wash all that away in a tide of garbage. Totally linear, same multiplayer, mediocre graphics. At this point, you get what you pay for people whoLook, I've bashed the last few Call of Duty games without mercy, but personally felt like BO2 provided glimmers of hope for the franchise as it had just enough ideas to elevate above all other recent offerings. But here comes Infinity Ward to wash all that away in a tide of garbage. Totally linear, same multiplayer, mediocre graphics. At this point, you get what you pay for people who buy this know what they're buying. So if you want to then by all means do so, but if you found previous incarnations lacking, particularly since mw3, then steer clear, and wait to see if Treyarch continues to push the series forward next year.

This is why I give it a 5; at this point the people who play this game enjoy it and those who don't will absolutely hate it. A mix between a n 8 and a 0 is a 4.
  84. Jan 11, 2014
    By far, the worst CoD of all time. Do not waste your time with this game. Here are the issues:
    1- Maps suck, meaning they have no flow and are a clusterf***, with sometimes as many as 3 different levels with 50 different entrances and windows.
    2- Spawns are chaotic. They are the worst out of all CoDs and it's impossible to control them. For example: you're playing Domination with a party, nobody is rushing spawns, and you have A and B locked down. Too bad. Enemies start spawning behind you.
    1 and 2- 1 combined with 2 gives me a headache when playing.
    3- There's no demolition, headquarters, CTF, ground war, hardpoint, and I think a few more. The only thing worth playing is Domination, and that gets old reeeaaaal fast.
    4. Most of the weapons in the multi-player are the same re-skinned guns.
    5. Limited 8vs8 games online.
    6. It feels like MW3 part 2, and that's pretty bad considering MW3 was MW2 part 2. Seriously, there's nothing new.
  85. May 4, 2014
    Not really much to say about it. Never played it. But I know it's terrible. I'm giving it a 0 to counteract all the hooligans giving it a 10. Apparently this needs to be 150 characters long so... there.
  86. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm a hardcore CoD gamer that loves to compete to be the best, but with all these new "innovations" it has become impossible to get more than one kill without dying. Its an endless cycle; you run around, kill, get killed, then run around kill and get killed some more. The only way to get a +1,5 k/d is by camping, but I don't have time to waste my life hiding in a corner. This game justI'm a hardcore CoD gamer that loves to compete to be the best, but with all these new "innovations" it has become impossible to get more than one kill without dying. Its an endless cycle; you run around, kill, get killed, then run around kill and get killed some more. The only way to get a +1,5 k/d is by camping, but I don't have time to waste my life hiding in a corner. This game just doesn't require skill anymore.
    I was also very disappointed with the "customize your soldier", I was expecting something along the lines of rainbow six ,but it was more like GTA 4's customization options; barely anything to choose from.
    My major complaint though is the removal of Search and Destroy from pub games, I used to love playing Search and Destroy with my team, now its been replaced by this stupid search and kill confirm game type.
    The series sure went down hill after they fired West and Zampella. MW2 was a masterpiece, after that, it was the same call of duty trash. The series has officially died for me. Time to move on. Looking forward to Titan fall, which IMO is the true successor to MW2.
  87. Feb 9, 2014
    SO i'm not a huge fan of cod but ghosts was really good sometimes. The game does look signicantly better then MW3 the controls are tighter the multiplayer is better balanced squads is fun as hell and extinction is meh. Now what about the campaign oh dear god the story idea was okay and the missions were nice and varied BUT NO FREAKING STEALTH its called ghosts for a friggin reason gosh.SO i'm not a huge fan of cod but ghosts was really good sometimes. The game does look signicantly better then MW3 the controls are tighter the multiplayer is better balanced squads is fun as hell and extinction is meh. Now what about the campaign oh dear god the story idea was okay and the missions were nice and varied BUT NO FREAKING STEALTH its called ghosts for a friggin reason gosh. THIS GAME GETS MY COMPLETIONIST RATING OF: PLAY IT Expand
  88. May 17, 2014
    Underated game.
    very good looking
    excellent shooting
    nice story and missions
    fun and entertaining

come on... that user score.. really? COME ON
    if you're getting bored with fps games, try something different !
  89. Oct 19, 2014
    1st off I don't know how much they paid those critics but it has to be a bribe. This game is the WORST Call of Duty I've ever played. The Story was awful, and The Multiplayer was the same old un-innovative piece of garbage. Activision needs to shelf this series for about 5 to 10 years and try again then.
  90. Oct 3, 2014
    Okay what happened infinity ward? What the **** happened. This game failed in so many ways that made it what it is now. The graphics I mean why are the graphics bad. Then why did you put the horrible DLC out, the 2nd DLC in ghosts is that snowy alien map. That map lacks a lot of details. All you can see is just white snow. U made a great game called MW2 and then u make this bullsh*t. OkayOkay what happened infinity ward? What the **** happened. This game failed in so many ways that made it what it is now. The graphics I mean why are the graphics bad. Then why did you put the horrible DLC out, the 2nd DLC in ghosts is that snowy alien map. That map lacks a lot of details. All you can see is just white snow. U made a great game called MW2 and then u make this bullsh*t. Okay that shows how careless and lazy you are infinity ward. Expand
  91. Nov 23, 2013
    Luckily i rented call of duty ghosts, mainly because i knew it wasn't going to be up to standard due to the previous game (excluding call of duty 4, MW2). I can honestly say call of duty ghost may be one of, if not the worst game i have played on any game console. everything about it from the graphics to the actual game play is lazy and lacks any sense of creativity or imaginationLuckily i rented call of duty ghosts, mainly because i knew it wasn't going to be up to standard due to the previous game (excluding call of duty 4, MW2). I can honestly say call of duty ghost may be one of, if not the worst game i have played on any game console. everything about it from the graphics to the actual game play is lazy and lacks any sense of creativity or imagination (especially the map creation) the maps are just a mess and seems to be recycled aspects thrown together and the graphics are a feeble attempt and are as bad as blackops 1 & 2 I have said the call of duty franchise is over since black ops one but call of duty ghosts puts the nail in the coffin. In conclusion Call Of Duty Ghosts is a huge abortion. Expand
  92. Jan 28, 2014
    HONEST REVIEW: They finally made a game with bigger maps! Finally you can actually SNIPE instead of running and shooting with a sniper gun. They took out tactical insertion (BOOO!!) Some maps actually change due to Kem Strikes like BF4. Great guns that really PUNCH. They started a new line of guns called Marksman that's in between Sniper and assault. You don't gain XP on weapons but youHONEST REVIEW: They finally made a game with bigger maps! Finally you can actually SNIPE instead of running and shooting with a sniper gun. They took out tactical insertion (BOOO!!) Some maps actually change due to Kem Strikes like BF4. Great guns that really PUNCH. They started a new line of guns called Marksman that's in between Sniper and assault. You don't gain XP on weapons but you gain Squad Points that serves as currency and added "Operations" in 5 categories that gives you mini-missions or things to do like 120 kills with no attachments or with Red Dot sight or fall without damage using Resilience Perk etc. Those give you big XP and a Point. It's a huge improvement over-all with new stuff added. Quite Honestly I cannot figure out why anyone would not be VERY HAPPY playing this game. Expand
  93. Nov 12, 2013
    Dont listen to the CoD haters. Ghosts is a really solid game that you can spend a ton of hours on. If you havn't picked up a CoD game in a while, pick it up. If you have, maybe wait for next gen. Obviously, you know their resources went in to that this time around. Dont be so quick to judge. If for nothing else, the discount on the X box One version to level your squad in the meantime isDont listen to the CoD haters. Ghosts is a really solid game that you can spend a ton of hours on. If you havn't picked up a CoD game in a while, pick it up. If you have, maybe wait for next gen. Obviously, you know their resources went in to that this time around. Dont be so quick to judge. If for nothing else, the discount on the X box One version to level your squad in the meantime is worth it if you plan on buying it then. Expand
  94. Nov 5, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars. When will people ever learn?

When will people ever learn? Call of Duty is over-rated garbage.
  95. Nov 25, 2013
    it ain't a good or bad game, it's mediocre, still the same thing as the others call of duty game series, well the history was the best part of the game, the multiplayer have just changed it's maps and guns.
    I really think that Call Of Duty need a renovation NEW ENGINE
  96. Feb 10, 2014
    I had to change my review after playing it more. After a few months., they have finally added Gun Game and Search and Destroy. Storyline is mediocre at best. Graphics look like COD 4 which is outdated and had only put effort to the dog and fish. Extinction is just some half assed crap.. Welcome to COD 4.5
  97. Nov 9, 2014
    This is an extremely poor game. The campaign is bland and boring, the multiplayer is bland and boring and the co-op is bland and boring (seeing a pattern emerging?). The graphics are hardly next gen, the colours look washed out and the lighting is pretty poor. The audio is okay, but nothing special. The game-play is none-existent, you will hate every second of this game no matter what gameThis is an extremely poor game. The campaign is bland and boring, the multiplayer is bland and boring and the co-op is bland and boring (seeing a pattern emerging?). The graphics are hardly next gen, the colours look washed out and the lighting is pretty poor. The audio is okay, but nothing special. The game-play is none-existent, you will hate every second of this game no matter what game mode your playing. The only time i'd recommend playing this game is if someone paid you. What is the 1 for you ask? It works. It's the first Call of Duty game that worked on launch and still works properly. Expand
  98. Jul 27, 2015
    I've just bought this game and played it for two hours. At one point you're in space shooting people in a space station (whilst wearing a spacesuit) then you're an Dog jumping on people and killing them. But most of the time you're on a roller coaster and you're strapped in very tight - absolutely no chance of you going anywhere but where the roller coaster wants to take you. Enemies areI've just bought this game and played it for two hours. At one point you're in space shooting people in a space station (whilst wearing a spacesuit) then you're an Dog jumping on people and killing them. But most of the time you're on a roller coaster and you're strapped in very tight - absolutely no chance of you going anywhere but where the roller coaster wants to take you. Enemies are killed with a minimum of five bullets (when you're permitted to fire at them) when you shoot your gun the recoil is such that you can't see the target. If you try to veer off the prescribed path you are killed almost instantly.

And to think, lots of people were paid lots of money to make and publish this game.

I'd rather play Pong on the Atari.
  99. Nov 5, 2013
    I gave this game a nine because you know what I hate Call of Duty its the same stuff every year but it keeps all the little kids and holes off of the good games and I'm fine with that.
  100. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion I think cod is getting out dated. first of all its the same game every year, just with weapons, and guns, and a campaign. still boring multiplayer, like I was just starting to like bops 2 multiplayer and they completely took every thing I sort of liked. I've been a cod player since mw2, but it isn't new and fresh anymore. I did like the extinction mode through(how long did that take them from halo) Expand

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.