2.6

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2076 Ratings

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty is really bad these days. Rather than putting a new Call of Duty out every year, maybe spent some more time building them? Really have not got anything good to say about this one.
  2. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Just like Simpsons this has to die already. Horrible graphics, predictable story line and 10 year olds online... hmm... I don't think so. Oh yeah and don't forget that online is gonna be ruined in 5-6months by hackers just like in previous installments.
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    I regret getting this game, its the same as mw3 just worse. They removed search and destroy, and the graphics look like a game from 2008! The single player is not even notable anymore, all of this is crappy and the only good quality is the extinction mode enough said.
  5. Apr 2, 2014
    AWFUL! I liked any other CoD game, but this is a complete garbage, "Oh, new game, it is really awesome" NO Graphics are HORRIBLE, gameplay is Ok, history not at all, but about all: Graphics, maybe a CoD fan boy liked MW 1 and 2, but this... is horrible. I was playing and after 2 minutes i was vomiting in my Xbox. It is the same than other CoD game, but with a dog.
  6. Nov 25, 2013
    Complete trash. The single player campaign is dry and sporadic. I never felt engaged and was often just mindlessly shooting drones. The Multiplayer is by far the worst COD experience I've ever had. The maps are too big and are just confusing mazes. 90% of my kills/deaths are just coming from behind. I've owned MWF 1/2/3 and BO 2 and this is by far the worst COD experience I've ever encountered.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    terrible game..so lame and dull gameplay..players running animation looks like something has been shoved in their asses...dying so quickly ..worst then bo2
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    Recycled garbage once again. Not only have they recycled it, but they've actually gone a step backwards from previous games.

Not worth the money I regret buying it. This series needs to die, seriously. I will never buy another CoD game, ever!
  9. Nov 10, 2013
    This is just the worst. Never. Ever. Play. This. Game. The gameplay just plays itself,the guns feel like some dude coughing at a opera show, and the worst thing. Did you remember modern warfare 2's ending? They copy and pasted the thing. AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME!

And that's not all. Some IDIOT decided that it would be a good idea to give multiplayer bigger maps,but reduce the player count. GTA online has more players (16 players) than this crap! Not only this,but multiplayer is just god awful. There are these campers in every direction, kids crying in every corner, immature idiots singing on the mic.

And I am STILL not finished. This campaign.....just feels like saints row 3's campaign. Rushed,with no redeeming qualities. This campaign is basically what you can describe,the perfect t-u-r-d. You can basically hide in cover for the whole game,because every time you advance,your teammate will just eradicate everything for you.

And the dog. WHO GIVES A FLYING SHlT about the dog! Gah! SCREW THIS PIECE OF SHlT! It am done!

FINAL VERDICT:
    The perfect turd.

This game has nothing to offer. This is like,a jump off a cliff for Call of duty. I am done with this.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty gets a lot of flak for being too samey but this is a literal carbon copy of the last 2 games. Its hard to play this for 5 minutes without feeling like you are playing a previous title in the series. Shame on you infinity ward.
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Black Ops II is one of my favorite shooters ever. This game, however, is a new low for this franchise. Clunky, slow, awkward, ugly-looking, ugly-sounding mess. What changes there are to the multiplayer are trivial and unwarranted. The XP progression system is now convoluted for no apparent reason, hinging itself on banal daily challenges. The maps are humongous, with more hiding spotsBlack Ops II is one of my favorite shooters ever. This game, however, is a new low for this franchise. Clunky, slow, awkward, ugly-looking, ugly-sounding mess. What changes there are to the multiplayer are trivial and unwarranted. The XP progression system is now convoluted for no apparent reason, hinging itself on banal daily challenges. The maps are humongous, with more hiding spots than ever before. Absolute disappointment. Expand
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    No real leader boards, mute function is non-existent, the campaign was bland at best, the space scene was confusing, and the dog felt like controlling a drone in Black Ops 2. Very mediocre. I had no fun with it at all. Total disappointment.
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    They have removed search and destroy from the public lobbies and replaced it with some lame dog tag variant. Original search and destroy is now ONLY avaliable in private matches! I now have no reason to play this game.
  14. Nov 28, 2013
    after black ops 2 i couldn't believe that activision should do any worst thing,and incrediblely ghosts is the worst game i've played this year,one of the worst in hole history.
  15. Nov 26, 2013
    Fanboys,can you buy another game please?
    you are giving money to a stupid company of videogame
    OK,we are TALKING ABOUT A NEXT GEN VIDEOGAME
    can you have more imagination or more innovation CRAPTIVITION??!!!
    I HATE YOU!
    the same gameplay,the same campaign,the multiplayer
  16. Nov 24, 2013
    The Call of Duty series has definitely hit rock bottom with this lastest edtion. The maps are garbage, the guns are either too powerful, or they're like BB guns. The whole art design that they chose looks muddy and disgusting, and the weapons look like thery're made from cheap plastic or something. There's still screaming ten-year-old kids, so I'm sure that the retard trolls will have fun.The Call of Duty series has definitely hit rock bottom with this lastest edtion. The maps are garbage, the guns are either too powerful, or they're like BB guns. The whole art design that they chose looks muddy and disgusting, and the weapons look like thery're made from cheap plastic or something. There's still screaming ten-year-old kids, so I'm sure that the retard trolls will have fun. What a waste of time and resources. Expand
  17. Nov 7, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

18. Nov 9, 2013
    It just gets worse and worse. Black Ops 2 gave a refreshing take on the series, giving us a colorful, vibrant game with new twists on gameplay, albeit still feeling copy pasted, it was still alot better then all the drab, boring OORAH of the other COD games after Modern Warfare. This game has the shortest campaign in history (a total of 5 hours on Veteran, 3 on Normal) and a VERY RACISTIt just gets worse and worse. Black Ops 2 gave a refreshing take on the series, giving us a colorful, vibrant game with new twists on gameplay, albeit still feeling copy pasted, it was still alot better then all the drab, boring OORAH of the other COD games after Modern Warfare. This game has the shortest campaign in history (a total of 5 hours on Veteran, 3 on Normal) and a VERY RACIST premise, the game is basically about fighting evil Mexicans and Arabs, furthering the series trademark Xenophobia.

Multiplayer wise, the game is still trying to hard to recapture the glory days of Modern Warfare and World at War, but failing just like the games before it.

And then there's the new Operations mode. You fight aliens. That's about it. Taking away the awesome ability to do missions together like in WaW, the ability to do co-operative missions in MW2, the ability to survive countless waves of enemies like in MW3, and of course, Zombies.

There's hardly anything new to look for in this game, with stale graphics, gameplay blatantly stolen from other titles and an engine that's 12 years old, this game belongs in a bargain bin, and is certainly not worth $30, let alone $60.
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't say anything good about this game. It's the same thing as usual. There's nothing new. Same graphics, same gameplay, same engine, same everything.
  20. Nov 14, 2013
    Essentially the same game as the last ~3 iterations. This is in itself not bad, but there are some things that do not make this game worthwhile:
    - the single player campaign is even shorter (and partly cut-n-pasted from the last games)
    - It requires a monster PC to run smootly, even though it looks worse than the last titles
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    I was hoping for some kind of advancement in the series, but really this was just another installment of what we're all used to. I can't say I enjoy it any more than my old Call of Duty games back from 4-5 years ago, less so because my expectations have evolved even though this franchise has not. I'd give it a miss this year, and hope they try harder next year.
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    I finished single player in 3 hours and the story is really stupid.
    Please guys don't buy it if you don't want to spend 70$ in the toilete.Multiplayer it isn't funny and tired early.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    Awful game. Rinse repeat another year. Bad story, multiplayer, bad sounds, bad everything! Thanks Infinity Ward for crap entertainment and the same thing year after year.
  24. Nov 6, 2013
    Bargbage! This franchise is dead. Reviewers were paid or something. This game sucks. Get BF4 or save your money and wait for Titanfall. I should have just kept my $70 and asked my girl to kick me in the nuts. Same feeling but at least I would still have my
  25. Nov 9, 2013
    The only Call of Duty game I've ever played is Black Ops, but since every Call of Duty game is pretty much the same thing, I can do a perfectly empirical and accurate quick review of Call of Duty Ghosts, although I've never played this specific clone, patch, update, whatever you call it. The story of Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty much the same story you get in every other Call of DutyThe only Call of Duty game I've ever played is Black Ops, but since every Call of Duty game is pretty much the same thing, I can do a perfectly empirical and accurate quick review of Call of Duty Ghosts, although I've never played this specific clone, patch, update, whatever you call it. The story of Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty much the same story you get in every other Call of Duty game: A poorly written and over dramatized story that doesn't focus on any form of character development or memorable plotpoints or moments, and only serves to fuel Ebert's claim on video games not being an art. The gameplay is exactly the same: an unbalanced mess of an FPS, in which its skill gap is practically nonexistent, due to a variety of cheap and unpredictable "strategies" that wrongfully reward the opponent for getting a lucky break. There's practically no such thing as a "Call of Duty pro", since the skill gap is so tight, that investment in becoming better is nonexistent. This is why the prestige system is in place: to give the player the deluded thought that his senseless grinding is actually going somewhere, when it really isn't. It's the perfect indicator to the fact that the developers are not confident that their game alone is immersive enough. Variety in playstyles is practically nonexistant in Call of Duty. In a game as immersive as Street Fighter IV, each individual playstyle holds an incredibly intricate number of strategies, and each takes significant investment to master. However, Call of Duty has a total of 5 playstyles, which barely even count as variations. Some have you shoot close, some have you shoot from far away, etc.; it's still all shooting, with no difference other than distance. Multiple guns don't add any depth either, as there's always 1 most powerful gun for each class, as the weapons don't provide unique advantages and disadvantages. This is another reason the prestige system exists: to compensate for the developer's laziness to create a balanced system of weapons.

With every Call of Duty update/patch, the graphics and sound effects are pleasing enough, but lack any form of distinctive variety or aesthetic that make them memorable. Still, they get the job done. It's a good thing that I could do a quick review on Call of Duty Ghosts without ever actually having to play the game. Since I know it's the same thing, my review still applies. If you already own any other Call of Duty game, you should definitely pass on buying this update/patch, as you don't need another copy of the exact same game to enjoy it.

(The two is for acceptable graphics and sound, but for nothing else).
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    same as the million other call of duty games. might as well start on with the Madden naming system...Call of Duty 13....Call of Duty 14....maybe next years will have some innovation
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    Almost no effort from the developers. Looks like black ops 2 with new models. And not that good models at that. Poorly designed and modeled environment, same old unrealistic, dry and counter-intuitive gameplay. Feces.
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    One big piece of crap! Played in all CoD games (except 3) with pleasure, but this is the worst CoD ever! Weapons plastic, sound disgusting, dog, which was the main feature of the game, made a very bad! True epic fail! CoD, please change or die.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    Cod needs to die. I havent bought the last 3 but ive still played them stop buying and maybe they'll change the game until then Just do yourself a big favor and get battlefield 4
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    An epic campaign ruined by the devs refusing to replace the dog with Garfield, everyone's favorite lasagna eating cat 0/100000000000000 NOTWORTHBUYING
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    The same old regurgitated half arsed re-skin on what used to be a great game. The single player is at best average with unfair and unreliable check points, a story that doesn't jell together and will leave you wondering if you are even playing a CoD game at the start of it all. If your familiar and know you stuff about space this game will have you annoyed and angered at the start. HearingThe same old regurgitated half arsed re-skin on what used to be a great game. The single player is at best average with unfair and unreliable check points, a story that doesn't jell together and will leave you wondering if you are even playing a CoD game at the start of it all. If your familiar and know you stuff about space this game will have you annoyed and angered at the start. Hearing gunshots, explosions and just hearing things like metal clanking is all but a annoyance. The multiplier is the same old, People think the MP is new and improved when really it is just an attempt to cover up an old style that worked in the past, but now they have the new game modes that are a "new" innovation to the MP when really people just prefer the old classics such as SnD, that's right they took out SnD and replaced it with Dog-tags. When you die you leave a Dog-tag on the spot you died, if a teammate picks it up you respawn, if an enemy pick it up you will repsawn next round. If you hated the Black Ops purchasing system, well then, Welcome to you worst nightmare. You purchase everything with Squad Points (SP) When you have enough SP to purchase a Create-a-Class you have to go grind away again to get the things you want. So now people can buy their superman class without using skill to get it. Multiplier still has the bad and unpredictable respawn issues, Rubber Banding which means there is still P2P and no Dedicated Servers. Seems to me that SMG's have been nerfed down to do the same power as a $2 water gun while Snipers are like the Tsar bomb hitting you in the face. People like to see bad reviews and assume these people just hate CoD. Some of that is true but in this CoD you really start to see the final downfall and see that the series has been well long over due. They think they are still the kings when in reality, their just sinking into the big black hole they created years ago. If you like CoD then you will buy it but let me warn you buy saying if your not a major CoD fanboy then you will be disappointed. Expand
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    **Review Revised AGAIN** So, This is Activision's next attempt in a Call of Duty game? Well here's the review. Controls are sharp (like always) and some Graphical tweaking but it has some broken mechanics that was carried on from predecessors that they were lazy to fix. and the Singleplayer campaign is forgettable. When you play a CoD game that comes out. you get this Same as last year**Review Revised AGAIN** So, This is Activision's next attempt in a Call of Duty game? Well here's the review. Controls are sharp (like always) and some Graphical tweaking but it has some broken mechanics that was carried on from predecessors that they were lazy to fix. and the Singleplayer campaign is forgettable. When you play a CoD game that comes out. you get this Same as last year feel. because it is the same as last year. it's recycled and uninnovative. Give this game a pass. it's not really worth the hype due to it being the same game every year but rebranded as a different title and being a DLC-feel of campaign. If you want a good multiplayer experience.. anything but this game. Expand
  33. Nov 6, 2013
    Boooooooooooooo, same game, maps suck, 60 bucks for this lmao! I'm no fanboy but BF4 is way better and it's not that good. Just not the same sense cod 4
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    My advice would to not spend your hard earned cash on this rubbish there is no evidence of any innovation same linear campaign with a copy paste plot line from previous games the "new" game-mode offers no re-playability at all and to top it off an under delivering multi-player.
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    Worst entry in the franchise. It's mostly the same as always, without any good new features. Disappointing campaign as well. Very bad all around. Do not recommend buying this game.
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    It's the same crap every year, it's not worth it, trust me it's just a bunch of old parts being coated with new pant. It's just a game that is bribing reviewers to make this game seem enjoyable.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    horrible game, still the same concept, the story is stupid, the script is cheesy, the gameplay is awkward and the multiplayer is all the same with all the kids...
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    Yet again the CoD franchise out another aborted child, this time around thinking it looks pretty. Game looks like complete as always, running on the Quake 2 engine. Gameplay is exactly the same, might as well play any title between 4 and Ghosts. Why are you giving these dip**** your money?
  39. Nov 8, 2013
    There's no really much to say. The story is centered around "Regular war! Incident! Big threat to America! Bullet-time kill of enemy!" The gameplay has no innovative properties. The only thing that has seemed to improve was the graphics, and probably the only thing stopping me from giving this a hard 0 is the fact that I can't say I'm surprised. Seriously. I don't know how they keepThere's no really much to say. The story is centered around "Regular war! Incident! Big threat to America! Bullet-time kill of enemy!" The gameplay has no innovative properties. The only thing that has seemed to improve was the graphics, and probably the only thing stopping me from giving this a hard 0 is the fact that I can't say I'm surprised. Seriously. I don't know how they keep getting away with this. Expand
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    It's basically a 60+$ DLC for COD 4. Same mass appealing, easy run and gun shooter as every year only with different guns and maps.

Stop supporting this joke of a franchise.
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    It's just poor, the game itself lack of immersion, It's always just about the same multiplayer and a throw-in singleplayer, the story script is just cheesy, the whole game feels cheesy, the character animation are over used since many many years ago, such a game isn't really bad at first, but after al these years, seiously, we are tired of it
  42. Nov 5, 2013
    wasting money for the same crap? again? Don't do it. All of the "new" features are things that should have been implemented a long time ago, and that other games have had for ages. All these new things aren't inovations at all and the game feels like the same thing while at the same time trying hard to acompany others by stealing from them poorly
  43. Nov 5, 2013

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars. When will people ever learn?

When will people ever learn? Call of Duty is over-rated garbage.
  44. Nov 5, 2013
    IGN, "Old Dog, New tricks".
    This game is fantastic with solid writing, fantastic new features and, oh wait a minuet sorry.
    This game is a pathetic example of how mindless consumerism has damaged the fps gaming industry. This game doesn't have a single original idea in it. Although The people rating it 0's and 1's are just as bad because chances are that they haven't even played the
    IGN, "Old Dog, New tricks".

Although The people rating it 0's and 1's are just as bad because chances are that they haven't even played the game. A 0 or 1 game is day 1 Garry's incident or ride to hell not this pile of mediocrity.

To conclude, this game is so astoundingly mediocre that it really raises the bar for how to make a game that is designed for people with little of there own thoughts left after years of conformism. The reviewers who rate it highly have all been payed to give such high scores if my point at the start didn't make that clear. To quote Yahtzee Crawshore This game is nothing more than "Spunk gargle wee wee", Zero punctuation will no redoubtably make a review make the same point so this isn't just me raging.
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    Same gimmick every single year, yet still they expect to make a lot of money, this year they have disappointed, call of duty was dead last year now they are just poking the dead corpse hoping it would give more!
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    I have been playing COD since World at War. And I mean ALOT. I have to say Ghosts is the most disappointing. The multiplayer is horrible. Maps too big. No fun. Guns are stupid. Cheaters in it already. Hard to read menu screen. AVOID
  47. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the exact same game as you have played before. No innovation yet people still buy it. Please stop so we can get some new and interesting games again
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible...Got it today was totally disappointed. It is an exact copy of Black ops 2.
    Graphics:Same (1)
    Gameplay: A little Different (1)
    Overall:1
    I should have expected this. COD is never different and probably never will change.
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok I am a huge cod fan and to me this is no longer cod its something like battlefield they changed up everything about cod I was super excited about it now its like what ever it sucks to me. Why do we have a wait time til we can respond now and why are the maps so huge and why cant i kill this freaking dog!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a big disappointment. Reminds me when rainbow six 3 theOk I am a huge cod fan and to me this is no longer cod its something like battlefield they changed up everything about cod I was super excited about it now its like what ever it sucks to me. Why do we have a wait time til we can respond now and why are the maps so huge and why cant i kill this freaking dog!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a big disappointment. Reminds me when rainbow six 3 the hottest game out tried vegas it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh guess I'll go back to battlefield of ghost recon Expand
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is more or less the exact same thing as last year. The same boring, obvious campaign setting. The multiplayer being the online aspect of the game I used to enjoy has been lost, following the result there is no longer the gamemode "Search and Destroy" on the public lobbies list.

I'm sorry, but this time you really did screw things up. Paying the critics wasn't worth it this time Call Of Duty.
  51. Nov 5, 2013
    Recycled buildings, poor story line and lackluster options for multiplayer, just another cash grab scheme. Save your money for a real game. I think its time to give up with these repetitive call of duty games.
  52. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the worst pile of I think I've ever played. Ride to Hell: Retribution is worth more of your money than this, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. Also, to anyone defending this game, get your fanboy ass out of here.
  53. Nov 5, 2013
    It amazes me how the name "Call of Duty" can instantly earn billions of dollars. This franchise is going completely down the drain for the intelligent gamers. For the rest, its great for them because its the same old garbage. This game is called "Ghosts" for one reason: Its hiding from the fact that its the same game every single year!
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    What can I say, CoD has gone downhill ever since MW 1 came out.. and that game was one of the best at the time and still is. Now they put out one CoD after another and they always tell us the same bullsh*t regarding new content and what not. CoD Ghosts is mostly just copying those so called "new features" from already existing games, like battlefield. If they keep pouring new CoD gamesWhat can I say, CoD has gone downhill ever since MW 1 came out.. and that game was one of the best at the time and still is. Now they put out one CoD after another and they always tell us the same bullsh*t regarding new content and what not. CoD Ghosts is mostly just copying those so called "new features" from already existing games, like battlefield. If they keep pouring new CoD games every year, they will not get better in any way and will always be as immature as they currently are. Expand
  55. Nov 5, 2013
    the maps being fking huge with no ground war, demolition, and SnD is what ultimately killed this game for me (ie: Removal of staple and popular game modes.) Not only that, but with the overly large size of the maps and only being able to play 6v6 blatantly demonstrates that stupid people do exist. The fact that the servers were crashing all day on lauch didn't help either.

tl;dr: don't

tl;dr: don't buy this game.
  56. Nov 8, 2013
    Its a Call of Duty game... Somewhat compelling SP, same multi player with few good maps and game modes and a alien mode that (rips off aspects of other games and past COD ideas) brings me back to playing Payday:The Heist and Payday 2 with that pesky drill you always have to reset... It reminded me of MW3 instantly on the second story mission. I'm sad that a wasted money on this game andIts a Call of Duty game... Somewhat compelling SP, same multi player with few good maps and game modes and a alien mode that (rips off aspects of other games and past COD ideas) brings me back to playing Payday:The Heist and Payday 2 with that pesky drill you always have to reset... It reminded me of MW3 instantly on the second story mission. I'm sad that a wasted money on this game and sad that i thought that this game could change Expand
  57. Nov 20, 2013
    Honeymoon phase has worn off, so I'm back to update my review. This game of course has the tight controls COD is known for and feels good, but for some reason after the first few days of the game playing good, connections got worse and worse, now it's back to the issues that ruined MW3 and BO2 for me. 1 shot insta-kills, being constantly behind people. Then the spawns! I believe they knowHoneymoon phase has worn off, so I'm back to update my review. This game of course has the tight controls COD is known for and feels good, but for some reason after the first few days of the game playing good, connections got worse and worse, now it's back to the issues that ruined MW3 and BO2 for me. 1 shot insta-kills, being constantly behind people. Then the spawns! I believe they know exactly what they are doing with connections, spawns, etc. and it's a conscious business decision to try and level the playing field and give inferior casual players an advantage to gain that "customer for life." The only reason I bought the game was because of supposed dedicated servers, but I've only played a few games that would lead me to believe they are there. Oh, well I was fooled again. This series has gotten so far away from what it used to be, and is destined for failure with it's current formula of a half finished game once a year, and deservedly so. If they would only release one ever 3 or so years and actually support it, it would be good, but they won't Oh well Titanfall can't come quick enough and I hope it buries COD at this point. Expand
  58. Nov 5, 2013
    When will they finally let this series die? It's been the same game rehashed for the past 6-7 years now and people still keep buying it. Either Treyarch are geniuses or were all idiots. Probably both.
  59. Nov 5, 2013
    CoD has been the same reskinned game since MW2. Same multiplayer, single player is always boring. CoD Ghosts is no different. Only entertaining things in it are the loading screens. CoD just needs to finish. They should have finished with the last GOOD CoD, Call of Duty: World At War.
  60. Nov 5, 2013
    Same Engine, tried to copy battlefield's destruction, same ol' game, its just the SAME!, extinction is like zombies but more stupid, its like a game for No One because its already on the stores, its called Call of Duty (Insert something here) (Insert a Number).
  61. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is absolute garbage, the graphics have barely improved
    the story is predictable and the multiplayer is buggy.
    there are better ways to spend your hard earned money!
    Do not buy this game!
  62. Nov 5, 2013
    Don't be fool by sellout critic this game deserve not all the attention it received... copy/paste from last year... feels like an expension or a DLC (not to mix with the map repost DLC...) COD is dead and its a good thing.
  63. Nov 5, 2013
    From the most aggrandized franchise in the world comes another pile of casual, bland, and overall messy trash. Since IGN was most likely bribed to give CoD the score they did., I do not recommend that you invest your thoughts on this game based on their review. Call of Duty is a literal harbinger of the gaming industry, killing every unique aspect of what made gaming diverse and fun. CoD'sFrom the most aggrandized franchise in the world comes another pile of casual, bland, and overall messy trash. Since IGN was most likely bribed to give CoD the score they did., I do not recommend that you invest your thoughts on this game based on their review. Call of Duty is a literal harbinger of the gaming industry, killing every unique aspect of what made gaming diverse and fun. CoD's parasitic influence has ruined many great games down the line, making them mediocre in order to fit the minds of the young and unintelligent.

Multiplayer: Oh boy, the reason for which most of you buy CoD (actually the reason for most purchases is due to it's title alone). Multiplayer in CoD is an unorganized, broken, casual, run-and-gun experience. Random spawn points makes map control useless, this breaks tactical gameplay. Your environment serves no purpose. Because of this, nothing you do makes a direct impact on the match itself. You have no place in the game, the only way you can contribute is with your wallet.
  64. Nov 5, 2013
    I picked Ghosts up this morning and had high hopes that this would be the one that stepped forward with an new awesome touch to the old "COD formula". After about 8 hours of gameplay I feel extremely disappointed... Same old outdated stuff, that has been milked for YEARS now.

COD:Ghosts is nothing more than a glorified MW2 reskin sadly...
  65. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible! I've played call of duty since the start and this has to be the worst! It's honestly a joke. I can't even finish this review due to the badness of it.
  66. Nov 5, 2013
    This is not a game for real gamers. It is a game for easily amused idiots that can't handle any depth to their entertainment. It is embarrassing to watch Infinity Ward just make the same game over and over where as Treyarch always tried to innovate and do new things. Adding in a token horde mode is just a sad attempt to capture the charm of previous Zombie modes. It has none of the humor,This is not a game for real gamers. It is a game for easily amused idiots that can't handle any depth to their entertainment. It is embarrassing to watch Infinity Ward just make the same game over and over where as Treyarch always tried to innovate and do new things. Adding in a token horde mode is just a sad attempt to capture the charm of previous Zombie modes. It has none of the humor, and none of the fun. Expand
  67. Feb 3, 2014
    Hands down the worst installment of COD. The problem is that the game is almost solely connection based. I mean beyond the uninspired maps, lack of dissimilar weapons, and an incredibly weak kill streak line up. The main reason most people get COD is to play online, most importantly to compete. But in Ghosts (to save money) it's more based on who has the better connection then who is theHands down the worst installment of COD. The problem is that the game is almost solely connection based. I mean beyond the uninspired maps, lack of dissimilar weapons, and an incredibly weak kill streak line up. The main reason most people get COD is to play online, most importantly to compete. But in Ghosts (to save money) it's more based on who has the better connection then who is the more skilled player. Similar to it's predecessors you can clearly see this in kill cams. When watching the kill cam from your opponents perspective you can see it looks nothing like what you experienced. For example if you fired at the opponent before losing the battle and it doesn't show you firing in the kill cam for his perspective. That shows a clear connection advantage that the other player has to the game. This is something completely controllable by infinity ward/activision but it's all based on how much money they are willing to spend on the experience. I for one will not be purchasing another product based on their cheapness in this instance. I hope that more gamers will chose to look to other developers/publishers (Respawn/Bethesda/Ubisoft) who are more geared towards the gamer experience. Expand
  68. Nov 5, 2013
    COD lost its way once Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired. COD 4 and Modern Warfare 2 are still the best till this day. Titanfall FTW!!! Respawn Entertainment!
  69. Nov 5, 2013
    Would not be surprised if more people are playing black ops 2 within a month far better game! Gave it 4 hours online gameplay and wtf no s and d! Maps are far to big and no decent guns! This game is a campers paradise and as every cod player knows we hate campers! Can't comment on campaign as have not played it yet and to be honest after the disappointment of multiplayer I probably won't!Would not be surprised if more people are playing black ops 2 within a month far better game! Gave it 4 hours online gameplay and wtf no s and d! Maps are far to big and no decent guns! This game is a campers paradise and as every cod player knows we hate campers! Can't comment on campaign as have not played it yet and to be honest after the disappointment of multiplayer I probably won't! I give it a generous 2! CANT WAIT FOR BLACK OPS 3! Expand
  70. Nov 5, 2013
    Campaign reminds me of homeland,online same as usual,re spawn problems,sniper heaven! Original search and destroy has gone.maps feel samey,freight looks familiar
  71. Nov 5, 2013
    Generic shooter, low texture, suck multiplayer!

I hope Activision make a better game on the next time!
    The singleplayer is ridiculous, i sinished this in 4h!

Worst game of the year!
  72. Nov 5, 2013
    So bad, I can't believe they get away with doing this every year. It's appealing to mindless drones as they have some new maps to play on in multiplayer so expect huge sales again. I kinda feel CoD is laughing at us, buying the same, uninspiring crap year after year.
  73. Nov 5, 2013
    Is the same the same the same the same the same... for what!? is call of duty 4 but with some graphic tweaks, i don't know how people buy it! why!?... the multiplayer is for nuubs...
    play real games like quake arena,Borderlands2,Bioshock.
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the most terrible game I have ever played!!! It sucks!!!! The graphics are ugly the guns are ugly the spawns suck no search and destroy no demo no tac insert no hardcore dom the maps are wayyyy to big it's slow paced and boring as hell not only would I not recommend this game for anyone to play I wouldn't even let anyone wipe their ass with it!!!!! I will never get another codThis is the most terrible game I have ever played!!! It sucks!!!! The graphics are ugly the guns are ugly the spawns suck no search and destroy no demo no tac insert no hardcore dom the maps are wayyyy to big it's slow paced and boring as hell not only would I not recommend this game for anyone to play I wouldn't even let anyone wipe their ass with it!!!!! I will never get another cod unless treyarch makes it.... Infinity ward has had their head in there ass after mw2 and activision can just suck on a lemon oh and extinction is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen Expand
  75. Nov 5, 2013
    Just reviewing the multiplayer(mostly compared to previous ones)
    + Moved the scoreboard to the side so it’s not in the way.
    + Dynamic levels are interesting. + Character patches replacing custom emblems are cool. + Looking down the scope of a sniper looks wayyy better. + Less sway when looking down scopes I’ve noticed. - Maps are too big. There’s only 12 people in a match and a huge
    Just reviewing the multiplayer(mostly compared to previous ones)
    + Moved the scoreboard to the side so it’s not in the way.
    + Dynamic levels are interesting.
    + Character patches replacing custom emblems are cool.
    + Looking down the scope of a sniper looks wayyy better.
    + Less sway when looking down scopes I’ve noticed.
    - Maps are too big. There’s only 12 people in a match and a huge level, you spend more time looking for people than actually shooting. As a result.. you get shot in the back… a lot.. Only way to prevent this is with camping..
    - Guard dog’s AI is… extremely low. Leaving it to be a useless new killstreak perk.
    - Huge lag between when you press right trigger and when a grenade is actually thrown I’ve noticed.
    - IED (lethal item that has replaced bouncing bettys/claymores) and motion sensores(non-lethal weapon) have yet to… do what they claim to do for me.
    - Apparently they arn’t having dedicated servers for Xbox360..
    - Took away the ping thing when you look at scores.
    - ‘Sat Coms’ (replaced UAVs)… are sortof useless. The whole point of it is to have a UAV that’s placed on the map, instead of plying in the air.. however.. I found that they don’t do much in showing people on the map. And… they self destruct wayyy to quickly. What’s the purpose in putting in effort into hiding it well when they just blow up shortly after placing it?
    - Characters and models… blend in wayy too much. Both just look like a grey blob. Makes camping soo much easier cause it’s too tough to notice people sitting still.
    - I don’t know if it’s just me… but, there’s something off about how fast and easy it is to get killed.. For example, you seem to just die instantly, but then you watch the kill cam and see he pumped 6 or 7 shots into you and makes you wonder why it only felt like one.
    Conclusion: Skip this one. While trying to the make the game more ‘teamwork’ focused, Infinity Ward broke the simple fun COD game play I’ve come to love. Only way you’ll do alright and not get shot in the back is if you camp… yeah.
  76. Nov 5, 2013
    Call Of Duty 300 woo-hoo! such a non-innovative pile of miserable murderous deeds.....This game is not pleasurable at all...It feeds negative energy into society while being a overused game concept that is stale and outdated....Get guns and shoot each other for 2 years straight! No thanks. This game is crap simply put and is proof that people will keep buying the same ole crap over andCall Of Duty 300 woo-hoo! such a non-innovative pile of miserable murderous deeds.....This game is not pleasurable at all...It feeds negative energy into society while being a overused game concept that is stale and outdated....Get guns and shoot each other for 2 years straight! No thanks. This game is crap simply put and is proof that people will keep buying the same ole crap over and over, cause they simply hate change....Anyways, enough of my babble....This game is the same ol same as before....Guns and enemies....Let's KILL!!!! Sell a million copies and do it again next year....YES....Oh yeah and they added Shark Attack Deathmatch to the game HAHAHA which is laughable.... Expand
  77. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of duty Is major Franchise that is one of the faces of gaming. but that is not truly a good thing. The first modern warfare was phenominal and the second was just the same. but now that Ghosts came out it finally breaks the already broken chain. this games is just so buggy and glitchy. The multi player is having server problems and the gameplay is just horrendous. this game is Put toCall of duty Is major Franchise that is one of the faces of gaming. but that is not truly a good thing. The first modern warfare was phenominal and the second was just the same. but now that Ghosts came out it finally breaks the already broken chain. this games is just so buggy and glitchy. The multi player is having server problems and the gameplay is just horrendous. this game is Put to shame by bigger budget games like battlefield 4 and assassins creed 4. if you ever are looking for a fun game go with battlefield 4 or assassins creed 4. i don not want to go into further detail on this mess Expand
  78. Nov 5, 2013
    Realmente es el mismo juego de todos los años nada mas que este se ve igual de feo pero debora lo que un battlefield 4 Por favor no compren esta estafa!
  79. Nov 5, 2013
    Horrible... Not only did Activion do a terrible job on the campaign.. they also ruined the Multiplayer/competitive aspect of the game as well as the Zombie community by introducing thier sad excuse extinction. Oh and to add insult to injury they also charged $60 for this.
  80. Nov 5, 2013
    Being a fan of the series since the original modern warfare, this iteration is a real let down. The campaign is way to short. Period. The levels are not up to par with previous installments. I found myself rushing though levels, not to see what was next, but to just be done with it. Character developement took a hit as well. I can honestly say that I didn't really care about the mainBeing a fan of the series since the original modern warfare, this iteration is a real let down. The campaign is way to short. Period. The levels are not up to par with previous installments. I found myself rushing though levels, not to see what was next, but to just be done with it. Character developement took a hit as well. I can honestly say that I didn't really care about the main protagonist, his brother or his father for that matter.As a whole this story line is the weakest in the COD universe, in my honest opinion.

Now on to the good stuff, Multiplayer!!!! They totally scrubbed it!!!! Search and destroy with respawn???? OOOOOKKKKAAAAYYYY? Squads is total Bullsh*t. I don't know but whatever they were shooting for they missed the mark. It looks like I'm stuck with Black ops II and Battlefield 4. Could be worse.
  81. Nov 6, 2013
    This game compared to battlefield 4 is halarious even this compared to battlefield 3 lol this has the graphics of battlefield 2 boring boring boring boring dud sterio types boring gunplay no imersion honestly why do they think they can keep going with this lol there only community is 12 yearolds spend your money on other games that have depth into them not a half year game that is for 12 yearolds
  82. Nov 5, 2013
    this game seems to suck donkey balls, but that's an insult to donkey balls. What I love about this call of duty game, is that it's exactly like the last one.
  83. Nov 5, 2013
    I am genuinely disappointed with this game beyond belief. It's just bad... The lack of competitive support is scary, I don't play comp but I enjoyed watching it at times... What is with the game mode Infinity Ward? No Capture the Flag (a staple for a fps), no SnD just Search and Rescue which is slightly different, no Hardpoint which was really fun for 4v4's and comp, no Demolition andI am genuinely disappointed with this game beyond belief. It's just bad... The lack of competitive support is scary, I don't play comp but I enjoyed watching it at times... What is with the game mode Infinity Ward? No Capture the Flag (a staple for a fps), no SnD just Search and Rescue which is slightly different, no Hardpoint which was really fun for 4v4's and comp, no Demolition and more. The maps really killed it though, they are overly large having some large maps is cool but they are all huge considering only 12 players are in a game at once... Which makes me question why no ground war? (teams of 9, included in the previous COD)... Also the maps traffic flows are just crazy and make no sense, people come from everywhere all the time... and the lack of guns is unreal, I would say there are half as many guns in this game as in BO2.... The guns noises are really just bad too, just doesn't sound good at all. LISTEN TO ME AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! Expand
  84. Nov 5, 2013
    The only positive that came out of this game was a tested engine for Treyarch to capitalize on for their next iteration in the franchise. Save your money IW has gone to since its fiasco in 2010 firing the now vengeful squad making Titanfall.
  85. Nov 5, 2013
    the game sucks! PC is so laggy I can run BF4 ultra and the game graphics are 10 times better then GHOST.to big of maps the maps are to Conner u can get shot from any spot you go two. it to easy to kill and be killed game is just sad for IW and ppl that like it must not know cod like the rest of us do iv been playing COD since call of duty 2. and MW2 was the best one IW is back trackingthe game sucks! PC is so laggy I can run BF4 ultra and the game graphics are 10 times better then GHOST.to big of maps the maps are to Conner u can get shot from any spot you go two. it to easy to kill and be killed game is just sad for IW and ppl that like it must not know cod like the rest of us do iv been playing COD since call of duty 2. and MW2 was the best one IW is back tracking there self not moving forward. Expand
  86. M48
    Nov 5, 2013
    Awful campaign. Inferior graphics. This is freaking same old game. In summary, pure piece of crap. This ruins the whole COD franchise. 'Ghosts' needs to be busted. It should be executed in the market.
  87. Nov 5, 2013
    Don't be fooled, this is simply another Modern Warfare in disguise. Once again, it is the exact same multi-player, bringing back the old kill-streak system from MW3. I'm not going to say much about the graphics since it is still on Xbox 360 and PS3 but I can say that in my opinion, the graphics are worse than they were in Black Ops 2, but that is probably because of the different artDon't be fooled, this is simply another Modern Warfare in disguise. Once again, it is the exact same multi-player, bringing back the old kill-streak system from MW3. I'm not going to say much about the graphics since it is still on Xbox 360 and PS3 but I can say that in my opinion, the graphics are worse than they were in Black Ops 2, but that is probably because of the different art styles used. The game-play is exactly the same as the game-play from the Modern Warfare series, so don't expect any surprises. This game was a huge letdown with the only pluses being the inclusion of some new game-modes. However, I cannot deny that the Modern Warfare series used to have really fun multi-player, but they have not done a single thing to make this game worth buying over some of the other shooters such as Battlefield, Titanfall, and the others. Expand
  88. Nov 5, 2013
    Actually no I take that back, It has a variation of S&D no official version, The storyline is Godawful, And you accomplish Nothing at all. You are left with a piece of unfinished crap from Yours Sincerely, IW and it's "new engine"
  89. Nov 5, 2013
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

It was a simple impulse buy. 30 minutes after buying it, I regretted supporting this horrible trash company. The servers lag constantly, the graphics are trash thrown in your face, and all fan favorites were removed. The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features
    Why did I buy this game? Refer to my username.

The campaign is bland at best. This is the worst installment in CoD yet. We were blatantly lied to about the features included, and I feel offended. CoD will not be getting my business ever again.

I'm considering buying two copies of Battlefield 4 just so I can REALLY support a great game.
  90. Nov 5, 2013
    There's no reason for a game to be so horrible. Single player was weak as piss, and the online is the same as it ever was. In fact, I get more enjoyment out of playing Black Ops 2 multiplayer.

Also what's with the abysmal frame-rate? This is coming from a person who can run Crysis 3 maxed out 110 FPS.

This entire franchise is a joke.
  91. Nov 5, 2013
    Sad just sad stop spending money on these games and they will stop making them or at least make improvements this game is worth a third of what it costs including the season pass your looking at $120 of wasted cash wow this game offers nothing that is worth that price please don't wast your hard earned money again stick to the cods you already have there all the same anyway
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    Overall a big waste of time. Call of Duty Ghosts falls flat on its face, the multiplayer is pretty much the same formula with some minute changes including: Bad graphics Boring guns and hateful players. The campaign is worse than Black Ops 2, they introduced a dog then forgot about him then brought him back later on. Its a train wreck of bad decision and a lack of innovation.
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not going to be one of those COD haters, because I generally liked some of the COD games, I even found them enjoyable for a couple of months, but this game is perhaps the biggest disappointment, As soon as I played the campaign through I couldn't believe what I had just played, it was terrible, there was no innovation, the gameplay was exactly like other titles and it's like they're not even trying anymore, the story was boring, the guns and gun sounds were basic and the characters were boring, not to spoil the story but I even laughed when Elias died because they tried to make it seem like a touching scene, but I felt no emotional attachment to the character whatsoever.
    Moving onto the multiplayer and it becomes even more terrible, there is no need to play any objectives, no incentive to do anything, boring maps and no music to have any atmosphere in the game at all. The COD series now has unfortunately become a cheap money grab, and IW have no need to change at all if we keep buying this crap excuse for a game, has to be one of the worst games I have played for a long time
  94. Nov 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a big fan of COD series, but this game is the worst i ever played. The characters look disformed, the maps are obviously made for next gen, which is ok i you play on next gen, but unplayable on current gen..
    Weapons are a step back from Black ops 2, both handling and hit-feedback is the worst i have ever experienced.. almost every time I shoot at someone I look at the death feed to see if i killed the opponent or if i have to keep shooting... graphics on the maps are ok, but as previously mentioned everything else looks like it has been created in MS PAINT..by a 4-year old girl...
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    Another repeat of the last cod and the cod before that. Its all exactly the same. Forgettable multiplayer combined with poorly designed maps with bland colour choices gives an overall rubbish experience. Don't fork out the money, it exactly the same, if not worse as the last cods, but i guess there's no surprise their really.
  96. Nov 6, 2013
    5 minutes into playing this game and I can tell I've already made a huge mistake. I could spend hours talking about what I hate but the fact I bought this game proves iw has fooled me again. This will be the last call of duty I buy. I'm pissed I bought it from the xbox store and by a real copy cuz now I can't return this At least I have bf4 Til titanfall. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IS AWFUL
  97. Nov 6, 2013
    We were looking forward to this new game coming out. We bought it yesterday and played last night. It was VERY disappointing. It seems like the game was not as advanced and fun as BO2 and the excitement and fun went backwards. We went back and started playing BO2. We are going to see if we can return GHOST today. Do not buy. You will be disappointed.
  98. Nov 6, 2013
    This game was crazy.
    There are too many bugs. And why 6gb ram for this game and will need?
    Compared before and better, but I still long is too low.
    Lost to Battlefield 4 is clear.
  99. Nov 6, 2013
    game sucks. campaign sucks. multiplayer sucks.. story sucks. this all maps only have 2 teams fighting against each other and its always the same "Ghosts vs Fed" thing, at least make more like "Ghosts vs Something****ty" stuff, the only thing i enjoyed so far is just extinction. Overall this game is just one complete piece of ****

I'm going back to of Doody Modirn Gay****stupid. At

I'm going back to of Doody Modirn Gay****stupid. At least I don't have to bother with the ****ty things anymore. you In****iny Ward, I believed that you'd make a better game than BO ****ing 2. THE NEW OF DOODYs!!!!
  100. Nov 6, 2013
    This should be announced the scam of the year. The game is so terrible it hurts. Wooden animations, low quality textures, small maps, camera going through objects, poor sounds, etc.
    They even copied Modern Warfare 2 ending.... pathetic. And they ask that much for this? Stop treating gamers as idiots already.

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.