2.5

Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 2032 Ratings

1. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is an absolute joke and a total rip off. Call of Duty has been the same exact game ever since Call of Duty 4 with an exception of World at War, welcome to Call of Duty 4.5. The game has used for the graphics engine for years now. The multiplayer has been dry and stale ever since black ops 1. Don`t even get me started on the 3 hour long campaign, its even worse than previousThis game is an absolute joke and a total rip off. Call of Duty has been the same exact game ever since Call of Duty 4 with an exception of World at War, welcome to Call of Duty 4.5. The game has used for the graphics engine for years now. The multiplayer has been dry and stale ever since black ops 1. Don`t even get me started on the 3 hour long campaign, its even worse than previous games. Call of Duty Ghosts should have just been a map pack for $20 and not a completely new release with a $60 price tag. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    They have removed search and destroy from the public lobbies and replaced it with some lame dog tag variant. Original search and destroy is now ONLY avaliable in private matches! I now have no reason to play this game.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is more or less the exact same thing as last year. The same boring, obvious campaign setting. The multiplayer being the online aspect of the game I used to enjoy has been lost, following the result there is no longer the gamemode "Search and Destroy" on the public lobbies list.

I'm sorry, but this time you really did screw things up. Paying the critics wasn't worth it this time Call Of Duty.
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    It's just poor, the game itself lack of immersion, It's always just about the same multiplayer and a throw-in singleplayer, the story script is just cheesy, the whole game feels cheesy, the character animation are over used since many many years ago, such a game isn't really bad at first, but after al these years, seiously, we are tired of it
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    My review is based solely on the multiplayer aspect of the game. I did not buy the game for the campaign. This is by far the worst in the series. Game has been getting progressively worse since the first black ops game. The dedicated servers they added do nothing to combat the over blown lag compensation the game has that severely punishes those with good connections and low ping. Having aMy review is based solely on the multiplayer aspect of the game. I did not buy the game for the campaign. This is by far the worst in the series. Game has been getting progressively worse since the first black ops game. The dedicated servers they added do nothing to combat the over blown lag compensation the game has that severely punishes those with good connections and low ping. Having a low ping puts you about a half second behind all players in the game. You also die in this game with absolutely no time to react which I credit 100% to the messed up lag compensation.
    I went into the call of duty community forums to discuss my displeasure with the game and within minutes my post was taken down by a moderator. The forums are being flushed of negative comments to help sell a few extra games which is completely disgusting to me.
    The textures, skins and graphics in the game are recycled from past COD games. It seems like a very lazy made game with tons of copy and paste stuff from previous COD games. This game will quite possibly go down in history as one of the worst games ever made.
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    I can't for the everliving understand why people continue to act like call of duty is this new game every time it comes out. It still has a Playstation 2 level graphics engine, the game play is terrible beyond human comprehension, it has absolutely NOTHING going for it and yet people act like it's a been a 6 year anticipated release. It looks exactly the same as the game you bought lastI can't for the everliving understand why people continue to act like call of duty is this new game every time it comes out. It still has a Playstation 2 level graphics engine, the game play is terrible beyond human comprehension, it has absolutely NOTHING going for it and yet people act like it's a been a 6 year anticipated release. It looks exactly the same as the game you bought last year it's literally like buying a new WWE game or NBA game NOTHING HAS CHANGED! It still looks like it did 4 years ago. not to mention from what I've seen looks like it has THE EXACT SAME STORY PLOT as it had since modern 2 "durr attack on the united states because we have encountered a terrorist hundreds of times and every single time he managed to outsmart us because we can't just shoot him on the spot so now he's destroying America" It's sincerely a ****ing heaping pile of steamy that gets bigger with every single brainless purchaser. I've no reason to purchase this game since I own all the others and I'll let you know why. Every 7 months down the road I have obtained these tier games from gamestop dumpsters or from my friends. All in which have been scratched up bad to make the game not work anymore and not able to be played. In which case, I rent the game from family video and install the working game on my harddrive. Child's play quite honestly. But as I was saying I don't need to purchase this game to give it a rating as I have seen it myself this game NEVER OFFERS that makes it a good game. Just new weapons and attachments THAT'S ALL YOU GET EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's ****ing BRAINLESS and the fact this tier video game series is still continuing is MIND BOGGLING. That's all I have to say you go and blow 60 dollars on what has quite honestly become the same as the WWE games. Expand
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    horrible game, still the same concept, the story is stupid, the script is cheesy, the gameplay is awkward and the multiplayer is all the same with all the kids...
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    Ok I am a huge cod fan and to me this is no longer cod its something like battlefield they changed up everything about cod I was super excited about it now its like what ever it sucks to me. Why do we have a wait time til we can respond now and why are the maps so huge and why cant i kill this freaking dog!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a big disappointment. Reminds me when rainbow six 3 theOk I am a huge cod fan and to me this is no longer cod its something like battlefield they changed up everything about cod I was super excited about it now its like what ever it sucks to me. Why do we have a wait time til we can respond now and why are the maps so huge and why cant i kill this freaking dog!!!!!!!! Sorry this is a big disappointment. Reminds me when rainbow six 3 the hottest game out tried vegas it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh guess I'll go back to battlefield of ghost recon Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Terrible...Got it today was totally disappointed. It is an exact copy of Black ops 2.
    Graphics:Same (1)
    Gameplay: A little Different (1)
    Overall:1
    I should have expected this. COD is never different and probably never will change.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    It's basically a 60+$ DLC for COD 4. Same mass appealing, easy run and gun shooter as every year only with different guns and maps.

Stop supporting this joke of a franchise.
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty is really bad these days. Rather than putting a new Call of Duty out every year, maybe spent some more time building them? Really have not got anything good to say about this one.
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    When will they finally let this series die? It's been the same game rehashed for the past 6-7 years now and people still keep buying it. Either Treyarch are geniuses or were all idiots. Probably both.
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    Activision hasn't made any changes to the Call Of Duty franchise. Why is everyone surprised? Activision has given us the same game every year.

The only difference is new maps, guns, and another terrible campaign. The only reason people ever buy the game is because of all the money Activision puts into media hype and paying reviewers to give it 4/5 stars. When will people ever learn?

When will people ever learn? Call of Duty is over-rated garbage.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    utter garbage all of backgrounds and maps have been re-hashed again in multiplayer which has had hackers a week before the game released IW ignoring it >now multiplayer is officially ruined due to lil kids 15 and younger thinking its funny to hack a video game and make everyone elses experience hell !!!

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks

Infinityward have been trying to hide the fact that there are hacks (aimbotts,wallhacks etc.) already in Ghosts

by the way this is a legit review as in no way have i been paid by infinityward like critics have to do this review!!

campaign was mediocre best but CoD has always been about the multiplayer!!

thankfully i played a friends copy (he lent me cause his xbox got RROD and didnt waist $60 on this trash your better off buying Splinter Cell Black list its a fairly new title and it only costs $40 you save $20 if multiplayer is your thing go with BF4
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    Single player is worse than Blackops and multi player is the same old but with a few game modes nothing really new. It's a lot like transformers movies if you can turn your brain "off" you could have fun but for a full priced game I expect something better than the previous CoD.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    the maps being fking huge with no ground war, demolition, and SnD is what ultimately killed this game for me (ie: Removal of staple and popular game modes.) Not only that, but with the overly large size of the maps and only being able to play 6v6 blatantly demonstrates that stupid people do exist. The fact that the servers were crashing all day on lauch didn't help either.

tl;dr: don't

tl;dr: don't buy this game.
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    Absolutely appalling. Recycled garbage once again. I mean, these guys have had countless opportune windows to make this franchise feel alive again, and thet just cant. Theyre clearly thinking "if it aint broke dont fix it". No, please do fix it. And wtf did they do with search and destroy?? Dont buy this game. If you are reading this, allow me to convince you just not to buy it. Please.Absolutely appalling. Recycled garbage once again. I mean, these guys have had countless opportune windows to make this franchise feel alive again, and thet just cant. Theyre clearly thinking "if it aint broke dont fix it". No, please do fix it. And wtf did they do with search and destroy?? Dont buy this game. If you are reading this, allow me to convince you just not to buy it. Please. Buy battlefield 4 or something. Its atleast better than this trash Expand
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty has been one of my favourites for a long time, maybe thats the problem. I am so bored with having such linear campaign games, just feels like you never have the chance to change direction of events. Why after all these years csnt we have AI which works, its just the same old, with each one just feeling like a map pack. I wont bother again and that pakns me, maybe I should haveCall of Duty has been one of my favourites for a long time, maybe thats the problem. I am so bored with having such linear campaign games, just feels like you never have the chance to change direction of events. Why after all these years csnt we have AI which works, its just the same old, with each one just feeling like a map pack. I wont bother again and that pakns me, maybe I should have learned my lesson before. Expand
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    Como siempre Activision vuelve a dar por culo a los jugadores con una puta basura de mierda genérica y sin inspiración alguna. La campaña es aburrida, el multijugador tiene menos cosas que el del BO II y aun por encima esta minado con bugs hasta las trancas. Que le jodan a Activsion, Infinity Ward y toda esa chusma que no hacen más que joder la industria del videojuego.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    wasting money for the same crap? again? Don't do it. All of the "new" features are things that should have been implemented a long time ago, and that other games have had for ages. All these new things aren't inovations at all and the game feels like the same thing while at the same time trying hard to acompany others by stealing from them poorly
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    This franchise is literally destroying the gaming industry. It has alot to answer for. Its popularity amongst the mass of idiots out there (who cant see that it is the same game since 2006 rehashed) has led to games now trying to compete with it and an overall dumbing down in releases. Halo, Battlefield (and others) have all changed to appeal to the CoD casual idiots in an attempt to gainThis franchise is literally destroying the gaming industry. It has alot to answer for. Its popularity amongst the mass of idiots out there (who cant see that it is the same game since 2006 rehashed) has led to games now trying to compete with it and an overall dumbing down in releases. Halo, Battlefield (and others) have all changed to appeal to the CoD casual idiots in an attempt to gain revenue. Why am i wasting my time here, we all know it's happening. Half Life 3 will either never be released or it will have care packages too! Expand
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty gets a lot of flak for being too samey but this is a literal carbon copy of the last 2 games. Its hard to play this for 5 minutes without feeling like you are playing a previous title in the series. Shame on you infinity ward.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    It amazes me how the name "Call of Duty" can instantly earn billions of dollars. This franchise is going completely down the drain for the intelligent gamers. For the rest, its great for them because its the same old garbage. This game is called "Ghosts" for one reason: Its hiding from the fact that its the same game every single year!
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    same as the million other call of duty games. might as well start on with the Madden naming system...Call of Duty 13....Call of Duty 14....maybe next years will have some innovation
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    The same game rehashed year after year with bringing nothing new to the table. Gamers deserve better and with lazy developers unwilling to push their own boundary's of the game you will continue to see the same crap year after year.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    I finished single player in 3 hours and the story is really stupid.
    Please guys don't buy it if you don't want to spend 70$ in the toilete.Multiplayer it isn't funny and tired early.
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    The campaign is boring and like 3 hours long.

They ruined multiplayer by making search n destroy a respawn game mode. The whole point of search n destroy is one life per round that's what made it intense and different. The new game modes they added are garbage in place of good modes like demolition, headquarters and ground war. This franchise keeps changing in all the wrong places,
    The campaign is boring and like 3 hours long.

This franchise keeps changing in all the wrong places, and its no wonder fans are turning elsewhere.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach.This is basically just a rework of Modern Warfare 2 with a dog thrown in there. It's like they struggled to come up with anything new, then thought it would be a good idea to replace a controllable drown with controllable dog. That's all the dog essentially is, a drone with 4 feet that can detect things from the ground instead of from the air. They even go as far adding a REVERSE breach. It's like they sat down and thought "Hmmm, how can we refresh the slow mo breaches? I know! insteaad of a normal breach, we will have, and get this, are you ready for this? we will have a REVERSE breach!!! Genius!" Playing through is full of deja-vu, you feel like you have played every mission a million and one times over. There's a sneeky stealthy bit, a sniper bit, a bit where you try to escape while shooting from the back of a veichle etc etc etc, it's the same old thing. The graphics are also a step down from Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is the same as ever. I sat playing Modern Warfare 3 online over the weekend and, while playing COD Ghosts online i often forgot it was COD Ghosts, i thought i was playing Modern Warfare 3 still. It also feels odd without Captain Price and the SAS boys, i really miss them. When Ghosts was announced i got super excited thinking Ghost from the Modern Warfae would feauture in it, but sadly not. Instead they took the Ghosts theme, added a dog named Riley after Gaz and Ghost from the Modern Warfare series, reworked the story of Modern Warfare 2, then try to charge us £40 to £60 for it. Seriously, save your money. Expand
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    Black Ops II is one of my favorite shooters ever. This game, however, is a new low for this franchise. Clunky, slow, awkward, ugly-looking, ugly-sounding mess. What changes there are to the multiplayer are trivial and unwarranted. The XP progression system is now convoluted for no apparent reason, hinging itself on banal daily challenges. The maps are humongous, with more hiding spotsBlack Ops II is one of my favorite shooters ever. This game, however, is a new low for this franchise. Clunky, slow, awkward, ugly-looking, ugly-sounding mess. What changes there are to the multiplayer are trivial and unwarranted. The XP progression system is now convoluted for no apparent reason, hinging itself on banal daily challenges. The maps are humongous, with more hiding spots than ever before. Absolute disappointment. Expand
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    This isn't your first game Activision, the lag online is terrible, you never learn. Nothing new brought to the table, generic campaign, terrible online gaming experience,
  31. Nov 5, 2013
    It's the same crap every year, it's not worth it, trust me it's just a bunch of old parts being coated with new pant. It's just a game that is bribing reviewers to make this game seem enjoyable.
  32. Nov 5, 2013
    Yet again the CoD franchise out another aborted child, this time around thinking it looks pretty. Game looks like complete as always, running on the Quake 2 engine. Gameplay is exactly the same, might as well play any title between 4 and Ghosts. Why are you giving these dip**** your money?
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    This series needs to end,i mean come on,reviews for the game have contuined to go downhill with each installment.Battlefield is the new king of hill. Just look at all the negative review's and you can tell that.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    **Review Revised AGAIN** So, This is Activision's next attempt in a Call of Duty game? Well here's the review. Controls are sharp (like always) and some Graphical tweaking but it has some broken mechanics that was carried on from predecessors that they were lazy to fix. and the Singleplayer campaign is forgettable. When you play a CoD game that comes out. you get this Same as last year**Review Revised AGAIN** So, This is Activision's next attempt in a Call of Duty game? Well here's the review. Controls are sharp (like always) and some Graphical tweaking but it has some broken mechanics that was carried on from predecessors that they were lazy to fix. and the Singleplayer campaign is forgettable. When you play a CoD game that comes out. you get this Same as last year feel. because it is the same as last year. it's recycled and uninnovative. Give this game a pass. it's not really worth the hype due to it being the same game every year but rebranded as a different title and being a DLC-feel of campaign. If you want a good multiplayer experience.. anything but this game. Expand
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    Worst entry in the franchise. It's mostly the same as always, without any good new features. Disappointing campaign as well. Very bad all around. Do not recommend buying this game.
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    My advice would to not spend your hard earned cash on this rubbish there is no evidence of any innovation same linear campaign with a copy paste plot line from previous games the "new" game-mode offers no re-playability at all and to top it off an under delivering multi-player.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    Same S*** Different Day. If you played one Call of Duty, you've played them all. Nothing innovative or different about Ghosts, don't waste your time. Or money.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    Same old crap. The multilayer well what is there to say about it, 'just insert mw3 review here'. Review done Nothing new about this game, hopefully CoD dies with this.
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    I don't understand the continued draw for call of duty... This is the same thing as last year! The campaign is a huge disappointment, while they took out my favorite game type (headquarters) from multiplayer. This is a day 1 trade in for sure
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    Good game as usual keeps us entertained:) ignore all the Cod haters. The core elements of the game are greatly improved .The game is more realistic Sound is great guns look good Game has way more depth then previous versions aswell. So I support the game fully and will playing till I get my ps4 on current gen which then I will buy on ps4
  41. sud
    Nov 14, 2013
    just another rip off from activision, halfhearted story and feeble multiplayer, this company is so out of touch with the gaming community.PROFIT OVER PRODUCT@ activision
  42. Nov 13, 2013
    Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

I deeply regret sinking what? $100 into this.. all to never see my money again. Ugh I think even die hard fans of this series are getting fed up with this.. We are into the next generation of gaming and there dumping this dried out turd down our throats. I was infuriated to see that this game had a better score than KZ:SF. which I think is down
    Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

I was infuriated to see that this game had a better score than KZ:SF. which I think is down right insulting to the dev's of that series as they have taken a massive step up since KZ3 in terms of the effort they put into their game, and it looks good for them. Despite some shady reviews and scores due to biases certain reviewers have..

This game has the exact same mechanics of the old games the graphics are tired, lame and as old as the series itself, nothing new has been brought here its just the same old re-packaged, rehashed scam as it always has been, look forward to seeing you all next year same time same channel off to sell this trash now hopefully some turkey will be foolish enough to buy it off me..
  43. Jan 3, 2014
    did they bribe the critics or something?
    this game is terrible!
    words cannot express how bad the pc version is!
    why do sites like steam even allow this.... garbage?!
    and the worst part is the lag! it's optimization is so bad!

well at least on the console it isn't as bad, but it's still far from good
  44. Nov 13, 2013
    Prolonged and boring, COD GHOSTS is the new blastingly bad sequel in the epic series. The graphics are great, the physics are annoying and the acting is crap. Ghosts gives you a nice pet dog for the gaming expreriance but it's just bad. The dog is unresponsive and gets YOU killed. This game is very boring and bad but can be forgiven for good multiplayer, average guns and awesome graphics.Prolonged and boring, COD GHOSTS is the new blastingly bad sequel in the epic series. The graphics are great, the physics are annoying and the acting is crap. Ghosts gives you a nice pet dog for the gaming expreriance but it's just bad. The dog is unresponsive and gets YOU killed. This game is very boring and bad but can be forgiven for good multiplayer, average guns and awesome graphics. Avoid, even if you are a die hard COd fan. Expand
  45. Nov 23, 2013
    Luckily i rented call of duty ghosts, mainly because i knew it wasn't going to be up to standard due to the previous game (excluding call of duty 4, MW2). I can honestly say call of duty ghost may be one of, if not the worst game i have played on any game console. everything about it from the graphics to the actual game play is lazy and lacks any sense of creativity or imaginationLuckily i rented call of duty ghosts, mainly because i knew it wasn't going to be up to standard due to the previous game (excluding call of duty 4, MW2). I can honestly say call of duty ghost may be one of, if not the worst game i have played on any game console. everything about it from the graphics to the actual game play is lazy and lacks any sense of creativity or imagination (especially the map creation) the maps are just a mess and seems to be recycled aspects thrown together and the graphics are a feeble attempt and are as bad as blackops 1 & 2 I have said the call of duty franchise is over since black ops one but call of duty ghosts puts the nail in the coffin. In conclusion Call Of Duty Ghosts is a huge abortion. Expand
  46. Jan 4, 2014
    Laughably terrible. I find it funny how Infinity Ward started the franchise and now Treyarch is the top dog when it comes to the new COD games. Let Treyarch take over the Production of COD games. Infinity Ward is the laughing stock of the video game industry. Same game every year just with more BS in the multiplayer.
  47. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is a big pile of s***. It fails so badly to keep you entertained. Already returned my copy, doesnt deserve a higher number than 0. Forget that this game exists.
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    Realmente es el mismo juego de todos los años nada mas que este se ve igual de feo pero debora lo que un battlefield 4 Por favor no compren esta estafa!
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    Being a fan of the series since the original modern warfare, this iteration is a real let down. The campaign is way to short. Period. The levels are not up to par with previous installments. I found myself rushing though levels, not to see what was next, but to just be done with it. Character developement took a hit as well. I can honestly say that I didn't really care about the mainBeing a fan of the series since the original modern warfare, this iteration is a real let down. The campaign is way to short. Period. The levels are not up to par with previous installments. I found myself rushing though levels, not to see what was next, but to just be done with it. Character developement took a hit as well. I can honestly say that I didn't really care about the main protagonist, his brother or his father for that matter.As a whole this story line is the weakest in the COD universe, in my honest opinion.

Now on to the good stuff, Multiplayer!!!! They totally scrubbed it!!!! Search and destroy with respawn???? OOOOOKKKKAAAAYYYY? Squads is total Bullsh*t. I don't know but whatever they were shooting for they missed the mark. It looks like I'm stuck with Black ops II and Battlefield 4. Could be worse.
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    Another repeat of the last cod and the cod before that. Its all exactly the same. Forgettable multiplayer combined with poorly designed maps with bland colour choices gives an overall rubbish experience. Don't fork out the money, it exactly the same, if not worse as the last cods, but i guess there's no surprise their really.
  51. Nov 6, 2013
    5 minutes into playing this game and I can tell I've already made a huge mistake. I could spend hours talking about what I hate but the fact I bought this game proves iw has fooled me again. This will be the last call of duty I buy. I'm pissed I bought it from the xbox store and by a real copy cuz now I can't return this At least I have bf4 Til titanfall. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IS AWFUL
  52. Nov 7, 2013
    I had many doubts about this game because we all know Call Of Duty is well known for not taking any risks,
    But I'm happy to say it is a really good game, the campaign is action packed in every mission, you do a lot of stuff that has never been on any CoD game before.

Multiplayer is good, it keeps all the things that made this franchise famous over the years and adds some new stuff, not enough to change the way gamers have been asking but still a lot of fun, we all know multiplayer is always fun.

The aliens mode is awesome and it'll keep you busy and entertained.

This game receives a lot of bad scores because people think of it as a whole, if you take it as a single game you'll be amazed how fun it is.
  53. Nov 6, 2014
    I don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILLI don't really want to give it a zero out of five but I feel like If I give it anything higher than that the nerd brigade will have me killed. Honestly the shooting and gameplay is ripped right out of Titanfall which isn't a bad thing. I felt the shooting in Titanfall was fine other than the fact that it was very shallow. Call of Duty AW is a bit more advanced but guess what. ITS STILL **** BECAUSE ITS CALL OF DUTY. Just buy the COD 4 the last good one in the entire series. If you are some brain deficient child you may derive some entertainment but anyone more intelligent stay away. There are better games to be had for less that 60 dollars. Expand
  54. Nov 11, 2013
    I am a CoD fan. I always have been and always will be. However, this game was an enormous disappointment. The campaign was terribly short and pretty much the same old wham bam and twist and you were done the level in 2 minutes. The characters were mediocre and cheesy. You couldn't connect with them like in the earlier installments. Multiplayer is what really hurt me the most. There isI am a CoD fan. I always have been and always will be. However, this game was an enormous disappointment. The campaign was terribly short and pretty much the same old wham bam and twist and you were done the level in 2 minutes. The characters were mediocre and cheesy. You couldn't connect with them like in the earlier installments. Multiplayer is what really hurt me the most. There is absolutely no structure to any map and it is just a complete free for all on every one. The respawning is horrible and just seems to get worse with every game. The class and squad system is way too in depth and it takes forever to rank up. The only thing you actually unlock are perks and squad points. The squads game mode is retarded and are a waste of time. The guns are terrible and apparently every gun that isn't yours is silent because all you hear is the whistle of the bullets by your head, not the actual sound of the gun. Some maps are enormous and way too big for six on six. I have never written a bad review about CoD before, but I am really fed up with this game. Expand
  55. Dec 16, 2013
    WORST cod in history. notice in BO2 when aftermath and highjacked came up in the pre game lobby everyone votes highjacked who wants to play HUGE maps where you have to constantly look for people and limit kill opportunities.. who ever designed the maps is clearly an idiot. the lag is just as bad in ghost as people complained it was is bo2 along with the lag comp. no gun fights anymore,WORST cod in history. notice in BO2 when aftermath and highjacked came up in the pre game lobby everyone votes highjacked who wants to play HUGE maps where you have to constantly look for people and limit kill opportunities.. who ever designed the maps is clearly an idiot. the lag is just as bad in ghost as people complained it was is bo2 along with the lag comp. no gun fights anymore, just getting shot by some randy hiding in a window with over powered camping perks and gun attachments.. scorestreaks are SUPER wack. graphics terrible especially for 2013, cant see anyone in the cluttered mess maps. shooting a gun in ghosts reminds me of a plastic BB gun, like really it amazes me how they made this game opposite from what people want, we want well structured maps like raid from bo2 for example. If you like this game then you like camping in one spot constantly looking in your site for someone to run by, NOT rushing friendly by any means. after all the camping issues in pervious cods, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make the game the most camper friendly yet such a huge dissapointment, i cannot think of 1 positive feature in this awful game. I wish games would stop trying to be like each other and just be themselves, thats what makes games diverse from each other. CoD, your not battlefield. If people want to play battlefield they will play it. I dont know if that disc will see my xbox ever again, i think it will make a better frisby. And just a reminder everything people complained about in BO2 has been transfered over to ghosts except twice as bad. Expand
  56. Mar 12, 2014
    What is hilarious is that you have these people giving this franchise low numbers, and yet they buy the games anyway hoping that the next will be better.... I will tell you right now that if a game only takes 1 year to come out, then chances are that the game will be very similar to the last, it's not rocket science.... I played this one at a friends place and it's no surprise that it'sWhat is hilarious is that you have these people giving this franchise low numbers, and yet they buy the games anyway hoping that the next will be better.... I will tell you right now that if a game only takes 1 year to come out, then chances are that the game will be very similar to the last, it's not rocket science.... I played this one at a friends place and it's no surprise that it's the same thing.... opps forgot they added a dog that you can play as for a couple missions, oh and those fish physics......that has never been done before right>?? You idiots complain every year but you are the first one to put money in the pockets of the one of the worst companies (Activision) Ohhhh Activision, I remember the days where you use to work for Atari back in the 70s and got sick of working for a sweat shop and were sick of bad business practices... Now Activision is a company that became the thing they once hated..... Greed.... You keep dising out the money like that, they will keep making the same stale POS game, and anyone who gives this game a positive review.......please try and play other games other than COD because if you give this game a good score it is evident that you do not play many games... I think the reason why people do like this game is because it's a casual shooter that everyone can play and takes no skill... 10 year olds play this game..... I'm not saying Battelfield is the holy grail of shooters either, Battlefield use to be good but now it is following a grim path aswell.....Now you guys can buy titanfall and have an orgasm for 2 months because it's just like cod but the bots are worse and its only multiplayer online..... CoD should be buried, this game is popular for no reason, it's the most generic shooter ever and has not brought anything but BS to the gaming industry since coD 4 Expand
  57. Jan 4, 2014
    Utter crap. They release the same game every year, pay reviewers to give it a good rating and mass idiots buy it every time. This sucks balls. The worst thing is they pull the whole gaming industry to the same with them. Everyone wants to be more casual and accessible, even Battlefield has copied Cod, in all the bad ways.

And, yes, I have played the game for several hours. Utter crap.

And, yes, I have played the game for several hours. Utter crap. Have to give special award to the Remote Controllable Dog! That is hilarious
  58. Nov 25, 2013
    No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4,No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. No CoD since CoD4, mw2 and mw3 campaign was ok, black ops was amazing, black ops 2 was good, and omfg this one sucks balls. Expand
  59. Nov 13, 2013
    Campaign is fine... same formula as the rest. Multiplayer, for me, is just unplayable. The lag is awful and you will constantly spawn in the middle of action or right in front of someone. There is virtually NO indication you are getting shot at... I figure maybe this is lag? You get hit and your dead... but then replay shows enemy hitting u up the usual 3-4 times. Maps are way big andCampaign is fine... same formula as the rest. Multiplayer, for me, is just unplayable. The lag is awful and you will constantly spawn in the middle of action or right in front of someone. There is virtually NO indication you are getting shot at... I figure maybe this is lag? You get hit and your dead... but then replay shows enemy hitting u up the usual 3-4 times. Maps are way big and cluttered with no flow... only MAYBE 3 decent ones. Unless you are a camper or sniper, the MP is terrible. I've also gotten horrible headaches every time I play. Expand
  60. Feb 20, 2014
    it is garbage. played it on and off for first two weeks.. i couldn't stand playing longer than 1 match usually before i'd turn my xbox off. even winning wasn't satisfying. it just wasn't a fun game to play. It's just more of the same. I haven't played it since the launch. this is the absolute worst. squad mode is a joke. ai is horrible. using the same builds i use to mop theit is garbage. played it on and off for first two weeks.. i couldn't stand playing longer than 1 match usually before i'd turn my xbox off. even winning wasn't satisfying. it just wasn't a fun game to play. It's just more of the same. I haven't played it since the launch. this is the absolute worst. squad mode is a joke. ai is horrible. using the same builds i use to mop the floor with the enemy on my squad members produces poor results. characters i customized tend to play worse than if I had not unlocked them and tweaked them to begin with. the game doesn't make u feel like your hard work pays off in the end.. it just pushes you to waste more of your free time. blizzard activision is really going down the toilet.. wow expansion fails, starcraft 2 fail, diablo 3 fail, and now this. i can't trust anything they do anymore. Expand
  61. Nov 20, 2013
    It's the last game but get this DOGS. What that's not enough? How bout horrid campaigne? No? How about new maps? No? Yeah that's what I thought. I wish this series would just die!
  62. Nov 16, 2013
    It's just another Call of Duty game, expect nothing better and nothing worse.

I own both Battlefield 4 and Ghosts, I have to be completely honest. Ghosts compared to BF4 is just laughable. Everything about Battlefield's multiplayer is far superior to that of Call of Duty. Ghosts isn't a bad game at all, but it's not a great one. Too many years of the same thing can cause fatigue for
    It's just another Call of Duty game, expect nothing better and nothing worse.

Ghosts isn't a bad game at all, but it's not a great one. Too many years of the same thing can cause fatigue for most gamers and it's disappointing that Infinity Ward could have really enhanced the experience of Call of Duty this time around yet once again they have failed to deliver. I'm not going to give the game a completely negative review as it does provide some hours of fun and is a decent game to pick up if you like jumping online with a few friends and killing people, but that is the problem. It's the same thing over and over, hence why I'm giving the game a 5 10 this time around.

Maybe it's time to end the Call of Duty series, it may be the cash cow for IW and Treyarch, but lets face it. It has outlived it's purpose and is becoming incredibly tedious boring now. There are only so many times that I can prestige before it stops feeling rewarding. Hopefully with the Next Gen, we will see much better FPS games and maybe even Battlefield dominating the genre.
  63. Nov 10, 2013
    Just played it over the weekend... and wow. Can Call of Duty change already?? Not only did the majority of the game not change, a lot of this newest COD release was a step back for the series.
  64. Jan 2, 2014
    This is literally a joke. Never have I seen a game so incomplete in my life. I've barely been a fan of the franchise after Modern Warfare 2 and I'm starting to get sick of it now. I do not own this game, however I think playing the game for around 5 minutes demonstrates what Call of Duty Ghosts is capable of. First of the bat, this game is down right, over the moon, extraordinarily, ugly.This is literally a joke. Never have I seen a game so incomplete in my life. I've barely been a fan of the franchise after Modern Warfare 2 and I'm starting to get sick of it now. I do not own this game, however I think playing the game for around 5 minutes demonstrates what Call of Duty Ghosts is capable of. First of the bat, this game is down right, over the moon, extraordinarily, ugly. I'm taking a computer games development course in college, I've mad maps in far greater detail in the span of a few hours and they spend a year or two on a few maps and they are by far the most horribly laid out and hideous looking I've ever seen. You can actually see the pixels up close, no game high budget games nowadays accept this. So where did the money go? That's right, into Activision's or Inifinty Ward's deep fat pockets from all of the children they entertain. Only children and low iQ people will enjoy this game because they do not understand the standards a game is suppose to set. Infinity Ward you played a pretty good joke, if this isn't a joke, what the hell are you doing? Can you please just accept you've had your moment in the sun with Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, so please, do us and every mature person a favor stop coming up with this horrible you call a game. You're the worse bunch of developers I've ever laid eyes on. It's a shame though, a lot of indie companies out there and other good developers would kill for the opportunity you guys have, and you spew up every year or two. Can't wait for the day you guys go out of business. T'will be a good day.

Also, I absolutely loved all your hype about how a new engine. Your new engine is garbage, no gameplay feels different, feels exactly the same as the last one. It's surprising that with a new engine the style and feel would be different but no. This just shows how lame you are, that with a new engine you still catch the same repetitive feel and style you made in the previous games. That is a achievement. I never thought that was even possible.

By the way, stop paying companies to review your game good, not gonna do you have favors when people see the audience reviews and it completed contrasts with the "critics"
  65. Jan 3, 2014
    This is beyond any doubt, the worst Cod, and the worst game ever made. First of all, campaign is written by a 3 year old. 6 guys conquer the areas that US army couldn't get?! What the f*ck?! Secondly, this is a recycled Modern Warfare. Might as well be called Modern Warfare 4. Props, sounds, effects, ALL RECYCLED. Third, multiplayer is worst. No more Search and Destroy, fellas. MP hasThis is beyond any doubt, the worst Cod, and the worst game ever made. First of all, campaign is written by a 3 year old. 6 guys conquer the areas that US army couldn't get?! What the f*ck?! Secondly, this is a recycled Modern Warfare. Might as well be called Modern Warfare 4. Props, sounds, effects, ALL RECYCLED. Third, multiplayer is worst. No more Search and Destroy, fellas. MP has crappily named weapons like Honey Badger. Also, the maps are... Battlefield wanna-be.

This game is an ugly, lazily recycled Modern Warfare. And remember fellas, the game was made by Infinity Ward, the franchise creator!
  66. Dec 29, 2013
    Cough... Cough... this is not anything special nor is it a fail its a average game none the less, the way they made it so you can use the dog is the interesting part of it all.. Nothing about this game lights the spark sadly to say,but its worth rent...
  67. Nov 28, 2013
    As a person who enjoys FPS's on a regular basis, I know what makes a good one and what makes a bad one. And CoD: Ghosts has everything needed to make a bad one. Sub-par, predictable campaign? Check. Confusing multiplayer mechanics? Check. Bad spawns? Check. Maps glitched up so they're FUBAR'd? Check. Weak server protection to make modding rank and leaderboards easy? Check. And the listAs a person who enjoys FPS's on a regular basis, I know what makes a good one and what makes a bad one. And CoD: Ghosts has everything needed to make a bad one. Sub-par, predictable campaign? Check. Confusing multiplayer mechanics? Check. Bad spawns? Check. Maps glitched up so they're FUBAR'd? Check. Weak server protection to make modding rank and leaderboards easy? Check. And the list goes on and on. I didn't have high hopes for this game. But this is a whole new level of dissapointment, worse than Cloverfield movie dissapointment. Expand
  68. May 4, 2014
    Not really much to say about it. Never played it. But I know it's terrible. I'm giving it a 0 to counteract all the hooligans giving it a 10. Apparently this needs to be 150 characters long so... there.
  69. LTR
    Nov 11, 2013
    This is a decent game. Even though the campaign is great, the multiplayer is very disappointing, extinction is horrible and squads is pretty much combat training.
  70. Nov 9, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it's the same story every year Worst game i may ever have played the exact same as every other call of duty game. Terrible it couldn't be WORSE. i wold rather play PAC man than this.
  71. Nov 10, 2013
    This review will be based off the multi player proportion of the game. Also, keep in mind I have played all the other games since Cod 4 on a daily basis.
    Negatives:
    To be honest, it is the same game as all the others ones. Many of the guns, map layouts, and ideas are exactly the same as its predecessor. A big portion of the problem is the creativity. The maps are all generic and boring. I never had a couple of maps I actually enjoyed. Only one or two actually appealed to me at least. I can only have small hours of game time cause of how bored and usual it got. It felt like I already played this... Luckily, I rented the game.

Positives:
    Gunplay feels simple
    Interesting new modes
  72. Nov 9, 2013
    I know I am about a week late to the COD party on this one. I did not have pay for it due to special circumstances. Having said that; my expectations for this game were low. I have been away from COD for about a year. I assumed nothing would really have changed.

I was right. After playing briefly (on PS3) I noticed the animations, sounds, and textures were all pretty much copy and pasted. Also I suffered from significant drops in frame rate and textures would just not load. The online isn’t bad, but it is not much different from previous installments of the franchise. They stuck with what the knew and, to me, that is the downfall of the game. There is no innovation, no wow factor, that makes you want to continue playing. Aside from the ever evolving “create a class” system nothing feel different at all. In fact, the new system is more complex than ever and takes a step back from the “pick up and play” FPS that it was known for. Nothing about makes it a must have game. It certainly doesn’t have the kind of power to steal fans from another FPS. I will not deny that it can be fun at times, but it is not a game that leaves you wanting more.

With games like Killzone, BF4, and Titanfall being direct competition for the series you would think they would have tried to give fans a reason to stay. Instead they opt to rely on their name to sell copies, and I’m sure that worked for some. But sales do not correlate with quality.

If I had to pay for this game I would not pay more than 20$
  73. Nov 10, 2013
    from a disappointing single player, to completely unbalanced multiplayer, to the barely passable extinction mode, in which you fight aliens while trying to destroy hives the newest call of duty is utterly inferior to black ops 2.
  74. Apr 2, 2014
    AWFUL! I liked any other CoD game, but this is a complete garbage, "Oh, new game, it is really awesome" NO Graphics are HORRIBLE, gameplay is Ok, history not at all, but about all: Graphics, maybe a CoD fan boy liked MW 1 and 2, but this... is horrible. I was playing and after 2 minutes i was vomiting in my Xbox. It is the same than other CoD game, but with a dog.
  75. Nov 28, 2013
    after black ops 2 i couldn't believe that activision should do any worst thing,and incrediblely ghosts is the worst game i've played this year,one of the worst in hole history.
  76. Nov 26, 2013
    Fanboys,can you buy another game please?
    you are giving money to a stupid company of videogame
    OK,we are TALKING ABOUT A NEXT GEN VIDEOGAME
    can you have more imagination or more innovation CRAPTIVITION??!!!
    I HATE YOU!
    the same gameplay,the same campaign,the multiplayer
  77. Nov 24, 2013
    The Call of Duty series has definitely hit rock bottom with this lastest edtion. The maps are garbage, the guns are either too powerful, or they're like BB guns. The whole art design that they chose looks muddy and disgusting, and the weapons look like thery're made from cheap plastic or something. There's still screaming ten-year-old kids, so I'm sure that the retard trolls will have fun.The Call of Duty series has definitely hit rock bottom with this lastest edtion. The maps are garbage, the guns are either too powerful, or they're like BB guns. The whole art design that they chose looks muddy and disgusting, and the weapons look like thery're made from cheap plastic or something. There's still screaming ten-year-old kids, so I'm sure that the retard trolls will have fun. What a waste of time and resources. Expand
  78. Nov 9, 2013
    It just gets worse and worse. Black Ops 2 gave a refreshing take on the series, giving us a colorful, vibrant game with new twists on gameplay, albeit still feeling copy pasted, it was still alot better then all the drab, boring OORAH of the other COD games after Modern Warfare. This game has the shortest campaign in history (a total of 5 hours on Veteran, 3 on Normal) and a VERY RACISTIt just gets worse and worse. Black Ops 2 gave a refreshing take on the series, giving us a colorful, vibrant game with new twists on gameplay, albeit still feeling copy pasted, it was still alot better then all the drab, boring OORAH of the other COD games after Modern Warfare. This game has the shortest campaign in history (a total of 5 hours on Veteran, 3 on Normal) and a VERY RACIST premise, the game is basically about fighting evil Mexicans and Arabs, furthering the series trademark Xenophobia.

Multiplayer wise, the game is still trying to hard to recapture the glory days of Modern Warfare and World at War, but failing just like the games before it.

And then there's the new Operations mode. You fight aliens. That's about it. Taking away the awesome ability to do missions together like in WaW, the ability to do co-operative missions in MW2, the ability to survive countless waves of enemies like in MW3, and of course, Zombies.

There's hardly anything new to look for in this game, with stale graphics, gameplay blatantly stolen from other titles and an engine that's 12 years old, this game belongs in a bargain bin, and is certainly not worth $30, let alone $60.
  79. Nov 7, 2013
    *Only Applies to Multiplayer*

*Only Applies to Multiplayer*

To start off I have played every Call of Duty since Modern Warfare and have got my money's worth from each one and that was no different in Ghosts. It has the good levelling system and the create a class. As well as things being added good things such as S&D and HQ are taken away as well as the unbalanced multiplayer where you can get any gun at any level with the CoD points which was a bad idea. Although there have only been few changes to the engine it is still a good engine to play on. 7/10
  80. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is an ok game. Definitely not not a great game. The Multiplayer will not upset as it is the most immersive Call of Duty Multiplayer and I have played every single one since Call of Duty 1 on the PC. The Campaign is the most upsetting though. It is a complete flop compared to the Campaign of BOII. The Extinction is fine but I don't find it compelling enough to play it a lot. SoThis game is an ok game. Definitely not not a great game. The Multiplayer will not upset as it is the most immersive Call of Duty Multiplayer and I have played every single one since Call of Duty 1 on the PC. The Campaign is the most upsetting though. It is a complete flop compared to the Campaign of BOII. The Extinction is fine but I don't find it compelling enough to play it a lot. So the only positive is the Multiplayer. Not worth $60 but still fun to play. Expand
  81. Nov 9, 2013
    The only Call of Duty game I've ever played is Black Ops, but since every Call of Duty game is pretty much the same thing, I can do a perfectly empirical and accurate quick review of Call of Duty Ghosts, although I've never played this specific clone, patch, update, whatever you call it. The story of Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty much the same story you get in every other Call of DutyThe only Call of Duty game I've ever played is Black Ops, but since every Call of Duty game is pretty much the same thing, I can do a perfectly empirical and accurate quick review of Call of Duty Ghosts, although I've never played this specific clone, patch, update, whatever you call it. The story of Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty much the same story you get in every other Call of Duty game: A poorly written and over dramatized story that doesn't focus on any form of character development or memorable plotpoints or moments, and only serves to fuel Ebert's claim on video games not being an art. The gameplay is exactly the same: an unbalanced mess of an FPS, in which its skill gap is practically nonexistent, due to a variety of cheap and unpredictable "strategies" that wrongfully reward the opponent for getting a lucky break. There's practically no such thing as a "Call of Duty pro", since the skill gap is so tight, that investment in becoming better is nonexistent. This is why the prestige system is in place: to give the player the deluded thought that his senseless grinding is actually going somewhere, when it really isn't. It's the perfect indicator to the fact that the developers are not confident that their game alone is immersive enough. Variety in playstyles is practically nonexistant in Call of Duty. In a game as immersive as Street Fighter IV, each individual playstyle holds an incredibly intricate number of strategies, and each takes significant investment to master. However, Call of Duty has a total of 5 playstyles, which barely even count as variations. Some have you shoot close, some have you shoot from far away, etc.; it's still all shooting, with no difference other than distance. Multiple guns don't add any depth either, as there's always 1 most powerful gun for each class, as the weapons don't provide unique advantages and disadvantages. This is another reason the prestige system exists: to compensate for the developer's laziness to create a balanced system of weapons.

With every Call of Duty update/patch, the graphics and sound effects are pleasing enough, but lack any form of distinctive variety or aesthetic that make them memorable. Still, they get the job done. It's a good thing that I could do a quick review on Call of Duty Ghosts without ever actually having to play the game. Since I know it's the same thing, my review still applies. If you already own any other Call of Duty game, you should definitely pass on buying this update/patch, as you don't need another copy of the exact same game to enjoy it.

(The two is for acceptable graphics and sound, but for nothing else).
  82. Nov 6, 2013
    Have you ever played a fps in an arcade, well that's what the new addition to the call of duty franchise feels like singleplayer wise. A huge spectacle of cutscene's and then an average shooter in between and some of the most predictable AI I have ever come across in the series so far. I felt more of an attachment to the modern warfare characters. Multiplayer though has its spectacularHave you ever played a fps in an arcade, well that's what the new addition to the call of duty franchise feels like singleplayer wise. A huge spectacle of cutscene's and then an average shooter in between and some of the most predictable AI I have ever come across in the series so far. I felt more of an attachment to the modern warfare characters. Multiplayer though has its spectacular improvements but unfortunately also a few negatives like the over complicated create a soldier system which is fun to explore the various options to make your soldier look like the ultimate badass but the perk system could get some help from the previous years black ops 2 which was very convenient and simple. All in all multiplayer has a few tweaks there and there and the environment which changes ever so slightly on occasion is a nice touch. Sniping has never been so fun with a new look and feel to the scope it may be minor, but my does it give a fresh feel to the black circle which we are used to. call of duty ghosts has its many positives but along with it comes its negatives. But still ends up being an all out fun game
    Positives:
    New engine
    Create a soldier customization
    Sniping
    Extinction
    New multiplayer modes
    Negatives:
    Single player doesn't feel new
    Over complicated perk system
    Maps are large
    Not the best call of duty
  83. Nov 9, 2013
    it's activision fishing for money again. Same game. Same graphics. (OH WAIT, Dogs!) Same problems. Same game mechanics. COD2 and COD4 were amazing, hence the fact they are using the originals to milk money from the dedicated buyers. In other words.., buy COD4. Ignore this game.
  84. Nov 8, 2013
    This isn't a game, it's a straight copy paste of from one of the weakest FPS titles in the history of gaming. There's nothing good about it, seriously (maybe apart from dogs).
  85. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is horrible, I made an account on Metacritic to vocalize my opinion on what a piece of garbage this game is. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this game, pop in your copy of any of the older Call of Duty games.
  86. Nov 9, 2013
    I was a huge fan of the series and bought it for my kid and me who play on both ps3 and xbox, both versions were absolute trash, I was a fan sense call of duty 4 and this is a disgrace to the series.
  87. Nov 9, 2013
    Never had a problem with the repetitive aspect of the CoD series before as you shouldn't change what isn't broken, however they tried to be too innovative on this one and ruined it. The campaign is good but too short which makes you rely on multi-player for longevity but that is possibly one of the worst online experiences i have ever had. A terrible game overall.
  88. Nov 9, 2013
    What's good in it isn't new, and what's new in it isn't good. Terrible maps clearly designed for more players than are available, strange design choices with regard to leveling up, many innovations from Black Ops 2 left on the table. The campaign game sets a new standard for terrible writing and game design.

The one step forward here is the Squads mode, I guess. Earn XP for killing

The one step forward here is the Squads mode, I guess. Earn XP for killing bots with your friends. Whatever.

Not happy with purchase. Wish I'd waited a day and read reviews on metacritic. *NEVER* buying another Infinity Ward-produced version of CoD. Ever. Again.
  89. Nov 9, 2013
    Graphics: One of the uglier COD's. Gameplay: about the same, the slide feature is neat. The spawn system is very much broken. Campaign: Didnt play, whats the point? Overall: Not worth 60 bucks.
  90. Nov 9, 2013
    Tis game is a combination of COD WORLD AT WAR, MORDERN WARFARE 3, and COD BLACK OPS this game is bad everything graphics and even the knifing to me is the worst and this is the worst COD ever!!!!
  91. Nov 9, 2013
    As someone who has played every CoD since CoD 4, I have to say I think I finally understand what I didn't like about the Infinity Ward ones. I have always preferred Treyarch CoD's. There are many improvements to this game. I won't list them but here is what is at the core wrong with it.

The mostly non-linear or symmetrical maps that Infinity Ward makes create lots of frustration. Atleast that's what I think. Sure then the maps seem plain and boring but I think it really nullifies some of the camping or atleast makes it easier to counter. In my opinion I don't like the Infinity Ward style of maps.

The spawning is REALLY bad but that alone shouldn't bring down the score too much.

The game has returned to a lot of the CoD: 4 style gameplay that I think many wanted, but I feel the complexity of the maps mixed with the very poor spawn system really hits this game in it's knees. I think it would preform a lot better if those areas were addressed.

Overall I see no crazy balancing issues that need to be addressed. Almost every area (excluding those I complained about) has been improved. If you enjoy the Infinity Ward style more go ahead and buy it. If you enjoy the Treyarch style more you make want to try it out first. I will be keeping my copy, but I may head back to BO 2 often.
  92. Nov 10, 2013
    I don't want to say that it's the worst game that I've ever played, but I really think that it would be unfair to label any other game worse than this. On a serious note though, it's a horribly coded piece of software. I have no idea what they do with all the money they're given to make these games, but I assure you that it's not going toward making the game. I imagine that the entireI don't want to say that it's the worst game that I've ever played, but I really think that it would be unfair to label any other game worse than this. On a serious note though, it's a horribly coded piece of software. I have no idea what they do with all the money they're given to make these games, but I assure you that it's not going toward making the game. I imagine that the entire team just buys themselves houses and cars and then uses maybe 200k toward actually coding the game. Expand
  93. Nov 10, 2013
    I would rate this game out of 10 as 7 has I like the customizing on characters however I don't like a few maps.If you are considering on buying the game for your son,boyfriend or cousin then you will expect a few disappointments.
  94. Nov 10, 2013
    One of the worst games ever. Recycling old cinematics. Even Zombies was bad. Please stop producing more CoD Games. Campaigns are atrocious, no story. The graphics look crappy in multiplayer. I always tell everyone, the only way its surviving is because of ZOMBIES. My brother and I are really bumbed out. With all their advertisements, it was all bullcrap
  95. Nov 10, 2013
    worst call of duty EVER multiplayer is terrible its lag ops all over again maps are way to big with a ton of debris and trash in the maps too many perks so you gain no distinct advantage gun are weak graphics suck big butt DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS GAME NOT WORTH THE PLASTIC ITS PRINTED ON
  96. Nov 10, 2013
    COD continues to devolve from the standard set in COD4 MW and MW2. The graphics and soundtrack are great. Too bad the game mechanics, play options, and game modes didn't keep up to par; in fact they're a step backwards. Issues:

Lag Seems as bad as other versions. No change here. Snipers to Looks like the sniper exploit has been curtailed somewhat, but snipers are no longer

Lag Seems as bad as other versions. No change here.

Snipers to Looks like the sniper exploit has been curtailed somewhat, but snipers are no longer snipers like they were in MW1/2.

3D & Dual Play From what I see, completely unavailable. HUGE step backwards from COD Black Ops II.

Hardcore Mode Absolutely pathetic offering. Every mode available in standard should be available in hardcore. For those of us who have to suffer thru the covered up lag, hardcore is a lifesaver. FFA Hardcore: completely inexcusable this is not offered.

Maniacs What were you guys thinking? Amusing for 6 year olds...are they your core audience?

SATCOM In the military...that's "Satellite Communications", not some tracking system. Have yet to see any benefit to this kill streak reward.

The "Dog" Man's best friend seems more like a bullet magnet than a savior. A puppy compared to Black Ops 2.

Maps Some are OK but all are too big. I feel more like a marathon runner searching for Yeti than engaging any enemy players....when I can find them. But I sure can hear their footsteps across the map which brings us to....

Footsteps Footsteps, footsteps...everywhere. The sound does not match up and is overpowering. I swear the footsteps are louder than the bombs.

Options(-----): No ability to control separate sounds...ie FX, music, players. Trying to mute all...an exercise in frustration. Trying to setup player classes is really a chore. In Black Ops II could easily modify classes while waiting for match to start. Not here.

Matches: TOO SHORT! Bump up the points and/or the time. Feels like I'm waiting in the lobby as longer then playing the match. Matches should be +5 minutes. Up the points on team deathmatch.
  97. Nov 10, 2013
    Terrible game! especially the online aspect of it which i'm only going to cover as of right now. whether you like the game or not is your opinion, but the game is trash and that's a fact. overly big and complex maps make camping a must in this game. Lag lag lag! always a second behind whats actually happening on the screen, guns kill to fast making it a game of who sees who first. flinchTerrible game! especially the online aspect of it which i'm only going to cover as of right now. whether you like the game or not is your opinion, but the game is trash and that's a fact. overly big and complex maps make camping a must in this game. Lag lag lag! always a second behind whats actually happening on the screen, guns kill to fast making it a game of who sees who first. flinch is also crazy in this game. I don't understand what they where thinking, a game that only takes a second to kill someone running on P2P? The game also has some of the most random things that just suck any hope of having to use skill right out of the game, K.E.M strike in a care package? Like what is that? Anyway i'm done with COD. It's about time i found another fps to play exclusively. Hell i may even give battlefield a try. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2013
    This version is still garbage....nothing has changed in the mutliplayer...in fact we now have LESS kill streaks which separate COD from BF much like BF's use of vehicles and destructible maps separate it from COD...Also the dedicated servers are a joke...havent been on one yet.... lag is still there, p2p hosting sucks ass...... spawn points STILL havent been fixed even with much biggerThis version is still garbage....nothing has changed in the mutliplayer...in fact we now have LESS kill streaks which separate COD from BF much like BF's use of vehicles and destructible maps separate it from COD...Also the dedicated servers are a joke...havent been on one yet.... lag is still there, p2p hosting sucks ass...... spawn points STILL havent been fixed even with much bigger maps....we are still spawning right in front of enemies, planted explosives and other stuff that you shouldnt have to spawn in front of...these so called dogs are dumb as toast, and im pretty sure it shouldnt take 5-9 bullets to bring one of them down....there are WAY more things i could note whats wrong but I have addressed the main issues why this game sux....I came into playing this with an open mind after YEARS of disappointment and frustration with treyarch and IW putting out regurgitated BS.....rest assured there is NO real improvement in the multiplayer. This franchise certainly has no ambition or drive to deal with the flaws of its predecessors...while they claim to have made strides in diversity with its player customization...WOW bug whup.... most of us are concerned with the flaws that have plagued COD's in the past and NONE of them are addressed Expand
  99. Nov 11, 2013
    This year's most popular FPS war series that was announced a long-awaited step forward. Unfortunately, changes were again small. Call of Duty: Ghosts like its predecessors, also in terms of the number of explosions and even exaggerated pathos accompanying videos.
  100. Nov 11, 2013
    appointment, at least when it comes to multiplayer. To be clear from the outset I loathe campers with a passion bordering on the irrational. I know that in RL, soldiers don't run around like headless chickens, but darn it if this is supposed to be a game oh, and fun.

The scenery is so drab that it makes it ideal for campers to blend into the scenery, The access to all weaponry, attachments and perks from the outset was a massive error in my judgement as it doesn't encourage players to push themselves and level up for better weaponry. Instead what we see with the introduction of a sniper rifle, assault rifle and sub-machine gun with built in suppressors is that the game is played in total silence. To date I have come across only a handful of players that actually made a noise.

Gone is UAV and replaced with the fairly useless sat-com, so again a boon for the campers. Put a sat-com out and all you've done is hand the opposition an easy kill as they will pick up on it straight away.

Just in case the camper was struggling we have magical gun sights that allow you to see through walls (quite thick walls actually) so y'know... even less reason to move.

The maps themselves are relatively mundane, there's certainly no jaw-dropping, pant-wetting map that everyone just has to play. Instead what they have is lots of corners (for the camper) but very few nooks and crannies for you to jink in and out of.

They've re-introduced the assault and strike packages which is good, but have done away with the classic care package that allowed you to mix the game up in past iterations of the franchise. Instead what we have now is a somewhat limited and mostly redundant set of rewards, absolutely none of which is a game changer.

And what is most frustrating of all, is that if only the developers had put a little put of effort and creativity into the game it could have been so, so much better.

After a week of GHOSTS and 5 five years of commitment to the MW series, I cannot wait for Battlefield 4
  101. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm sorry but this is yet another stale Call of Duty annual release. It's the same game released over and over each year. Tacked on single player campaign? Check. Same multi-player formula for YEARS? Check. Same old out-dated engine? Check.

Seriously, this game is stale and boring. People will still buy it, and Activision will line re-viewer's pockets, but this game is nothing good AT ALL. I might play multi-player 5-10 days out of the month, but it is definitely not a GREAT GAME.

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It's strange for Call of Duty: Ghosts to be released so close to the next-gen console launches, and in a way, it feels like it was rushed to the finish line.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    If a deep and compelling single player experience is what you crave, look elsewhere. If you just want to get online and go up against the world, then join the hordes of ghosslings already invading your online network of choice.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good game but something feels missing.