Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360

6.3

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Amazing game. Campaign was intense and very epic even if it was a bit short. Multiplayer was a mind-blowing experience.Spec Ops was awesome, The variety of missions from stealth missions to time trials are absolutely amazing. The graphics are very realistic and very awesome Amazing Game
  2. Oct 26, 2011
    A bit late of a review, but I haven't exactly had it for ages and have been playing it I guess for the past year. So a lot of the bugs/glitches should have been gone but not everything is "Great" even with the patches. So let us begin with the single-player! If I had to say it's definitely linear but I actually really enjoyed it. Within the first few missions there are cinematic partsA bit late of a review, but I haven't exactly had it for ages and have been playing it I guess for the past year. So a lot of the bugs/glitches should have been gone but not everything is "Great" even with the patches. So let us begin with the single-player! If I had to say it's definitely linear but I actually really enjoyed it. Within the first few missions there are cinematic parts which are "Awesome", and the AI is al-right. The only downside to it is the linearities on where you can go (you can't really flank any of the enemies). Moving onto Co-op, i found that fantastic. Just playing that with a mate and trying to get all 69 stars (managed to get them all) was extremely challenging but that was the whole point on veteran. A lot of teamwork actually needed to get past certain parts of the co-op missions. Now the multi-player is the main area in this game though. Initially I'd have to say it's pretty much a great on-line experience but not without it's faults. One of the main gripes is actually trying to pick the right host. Many times it picked the worst host and you actually lagged out of the game. Also kill streak continuation is a pretty bad idea, as it often led to kill streak after kill streak after kill streak. Quick-scoping is also an immensely annoying part of the experience too. Sure it's not meant to be realistic but using a sniper as a shotgun or even a assault rifle (M1EBER or the last sniper you get with ACOG) is ridiculous. It's supposed to be used for long range not every single range! Apart from them minor hindrances the multi-player is actually a great experience! (Minus the Nuke!). So overall it gets a solid 8 from me, but there are a few problems which are still in the game for me and will probably never get solved with the inevitable release of Modern Warfare 3 in 2-3 weeks. Expand
  3. Oct 31, 2011
    Ah, Modern Warfare 2. Possibly the most controversial game of the century so far, at least among the gaming community. There is a lot of hate on this game, which is sad. The majority of hate is directed towards problems that developers Infinity Ward couldn't fix right away. The community expected more, which was unfair and now these reviews are clogged with haters. But I'll do my best toAh, Modern Warfare 2. Possibly the most controversial game of the century so far, at least among the gaming community. There is a lot of hate on this game, which is sad. The majority of hate is directed towards problems that developers Infinity Ward couldn't fix right away. The community expected more, which was unfair and now these reviews are clogged with haters. But I'll do my best to review fairly.

The MW2 campaign is stunning. It was the first time in my gaming life that I have been open mouthed. I was blown away by the graphics and by the scope of the story, which went further than any previous CoD game before it. Sure, the graphics are no longer top dog now that games such as Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 are on the doorstep. But I always say that graphics don't make a game great, the game makes the game great. The story does suffer from cliche (Russians are the bad guys in every shooter these days) and yet does some new things that really impress you. There are moments too good to spoil here that Infinity Ward did excellently. The plot manages to be focused on the characters and the wider story, which many games have crumbled under. In short, the single player for this game is stunning. 10/10, no questions asked.

But the multiplayer disappoints. It has become infested with glitches, hackers and mods that have decimated the loyalty of the community and have seen CoD's popularity become sliced in half. Many weapons and abilities in the game are heavily overpowered and overused such as grenade launchers and various killstreaks. Infinity Ward appear to have become the victims of their own success, bringing forth too many new ideas thinking that the community will love them all. The multiplayer is difficult to withstand and brings this game down to a 7/10.
  4. Dec 31, 2016
    Though providing the exciting and impressive action sequences one can expect from the series, Modern Warfare 2 succumbs to a weak narrative and repetitive gameplay.
  5. Nov 1, 2011
    The singleplayer is the star in this game because the multiplayer is absolute garbage. Which blows because you can see that the single player takes back seat to the abortion that really could have been a fun thing.
  6. Nov 8, 2011
    In a few ways this game advances the series, but in other areas it feels like a step back. The story mode is disjointed at times and the multiplayer mode suffers from some immense balance issues. Overall a great game despite lacking the charm that the previous installment had.
  7. Nov 12, 2011
    huh oops i'm sorry, i thought this was mw3, my apologies...same yearly infested piece of **** with no oblivious changes to it all, you do your thing activision :).
  8. Mar 18, 2012
    COD 4 was terrible, and this squeal is just as bad. Sure it looks nice, but beyond that, it is one of the worst game I have ever player. There is no part of this game that is fun. Total waste of money.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    This is one of my favourite multiplayer games. It love it. I had huge amounts of fun playing with my friends and what not. Did you know that I hate Call of Duty? I love Halo. But MW2 was one of my favourite games. You should also know that I gave MW3 a 0. It is nothing like MW2.
  10. Aug 18, 2012
    Man they just keep coming every year with new boring maps. Same freaking game, graphics, gameplay.. **** feels the same every year. They are just milking away the franchise, Modern Warfare was the best COD they have come up with.
  11. Nov 20, 2014
    I never once played single player. Multiplayer was amazing until everyone figured out that you can non stop noob tube and other unbalanced craziness that I cant quite remember. What I do remember is that the game was never patched, things were never fixed. They just waited for the next COD. 6/10
  12. Nov 12, 2011
    Call of Duty is one of the most successful franchises in all media. It isn't as good as its fanboys say it is, nor is it as bad as it's haters say it is. Modern Warfare 2 is the 3rd most hyped game of all time after Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops and for good reason. It is a fast paced, fun shooter... at least when it comes to the multiplayer. Ever since 2007's Modern Warfare multiplayerCall of Duty is one of the most successful franchises in all media. It isn't as good as its fanboys say it is, nor is it as bad as it's haters say it is. Modern Warfare 2 is the 3rd most hyped game of all time after Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops and for good reason. It is a fast paced, fun shooter... at least when it comes to the multiplayer. Ever since 2007's Modern Warfare multiplayer has been the focus of the COD franchise with story and the campaign in general taking a back seat to the addictive online multiplayer. MW2 is no different . The story is nonsensical and generally doesn't make much sense but the campaign is still fun and has plenty of good setpieces. The spec ops mode is also fairly good and offers some really good, but short, co-op missions. The multiplayer is where it's at in MW2 though. It's highly addictive and has some really good maps. The prestige feature adds some longevity to the multiplayer as you can reset your unlocks after reaching the level cap of 70. The multiplayer has some obvious balancing issues as some guns are clearly more powerful then others but all is forgiven as no one plays it anymore no that MW3 is out. Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2011
    Overated piece of crap. Aracdy as hell and not even fun. Buy only if you are a series cod fanboy. Idk what else to say................................................................................
  14. Nov 26, 2011
    Serves us with a great story that gives a good continue on CoD4. Gives us what we missed out in WaW. personally I didn't like the quick paced multiplayer. But it still were enjoyable.
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    It doesn't matter how much controversy revolves around MW2, it's still an awesome game. The short, but awesome campaign, and the really good multiplayer. Even though it has a very short singleplayer and a spec ops that fails to impress, it's still great. Such a shame it was copied and pasted two years later in what became Modern Warfare 3
  16. Dec 24, 2011
    In short, this game is an insult to the first person shooter genre of games A piss poor campaign with 2D characters, nothing really interesting or gripping about them. The campaign is also short. The multiplayer is broken and imbalanced.This is hands down, one of the worst multiplayer games I've ever played. Horribly imbalanced guns, rampant noobtubing, camping, and not to mention theIn short, this game is an insult to the first person shooter genre of games A piss poor campaign with 2D characters, nothing really interesting or gripping about them. The campaign is also short. The multiplayer is broken and imbalanced.This is hands down, one of the worst multiplayer games I've ever played. Horribly imbalanced guns, rampant noobtubing, camping, and not to mention the ridiculous knifing range, quickscoping, and the inane amount of hacking. All in all, avoid this game, unless you like going through one controller a week because of the sh*tty, piss poor gameplay. Expand
  17. Dec 7, 2011
    The final true Call of Duty game. Major downsides to this software were the hacked leaderboards and countless cheaters/hackers that played. For some reason IW continues for the most part to ignore these glaring issues. Otherwise a fantastic and addictive game.
  18. Jan 5, 2012
    i think this is the worst of the series first of all the campaign is way to short the multiplayer is decent but not great they good make it better by making it longer of a campaign
  19. Jan 19, 2012
    This is mixed because The single player and spec ops were great but The Multiplayer was very very unbalanced. Grenade launchers aren't as real life grenade launchers, they are noobtubes and they are very overpowered.Theres this perk where you can knife very far and it's called commando and much more.
  20. Feb 17, 2012
    This is the best game I have ever played with a explosive single player and addictive multiplayer. You may hear that this game is all hype but there is a reason why it is so popular. After investing more time than I would like to mention into it and buying other shooters such as Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3. I would still highly recommend this game.
  21. Dec 3, 2013
    MW2 is one of the most overrated games of all time. Campaign is short and cliche, multiplayer is nothing but campers, overpowered killstreaks, unbalanced perks, and awful maps. Spec Ops is fun, but it doesn't make up for the rest of MW2's shortcomings. The fact that this turd is being hailed as the best COD ever is absurd, when in fact MW2 is one of the worst. MW2 is a mediocre shooter at best.
  22. Feb 23, 2012
    AWESOME game love everything that its about the story is great and the online like wow but it take long to lvl but its cool and i love quick scope and no scope when i was playing game but know Ive moved to BF3 its soooooo much better and funny and offers a lot more then any of the MW s
  23. Feb 16, 2012
    this is where the series of call of duty starts to fall the campaign in this was fun but no where near as epic as call of duty 4 this also the time where the started adding unfair perks to the series because you can literally sit in a corner after you get a certain number killstreak and the game will kill things for you while you sit in the corner thinking you are good this game had badthis is where the series of call of duty starts to fall the campaign in this was fun but no where near as epic as call of duty 4 this also the time where the started adding unfair perks to the series because you can literally sit in a corner after you get a certain number killstreak and the game will kill things for you while you sit in the corner thinking you are good this game had bad maps the graphics feel worse then cod4 and the blood looks like red rain when it hits the screen (thats not a good thing) the spec ops mode is cool though they added in a mode where you have to go threw series of challenge levels but all in all this game is adequat at best Expand
  24. Feb 24, 2012
    The campaign and special ops were both passing decent, but the multi-player was a painfully large step back from the brilliance of the original Modern Warfare. The guns were poorly balanced, the spawning system was horribly flawed, and snipers can carry shotguns. Snipers. Can carry. Shotguns.
  25. Mar 1, 2012
    I absolutely love this game and i also love quick scoping. If you play PS3 or xbox add me on PS3 I am woodley423 and on xbox i am going to be also woodley423 some time in march 2012so see you when i get it. i will also post a comment saying that i have live.
  26. Aug 8, 2012
    I liked the single player, it carried on well from Call of duty 4, the multiplayer felt great at first, everyone was discovering perks and good map locations, and it definitely was a great game to play, but later on, people started using the overpowered 'Grenade launchers' as primary weapons and people found out the best guns, and how to beat anyone that uses anything else, not to mentionI liked the single player, it carried on well from Call of duty 4, the multiplayer felt great at first, everyone was discovering perks and good map locations, and it definitely was a great game to play, but later on, people started using the overpowered 'Grenade launchers' as primary weapons and people found out the best guns, and how to beat anyone that uses anything else, not to mention the people who hacked the game to get to max level prestige and whatnot. Even that being said, it gave a great adrenaline rush when playing solo, or with friends, was worth the purchase. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2012
    This was the game that signalled the downfall of CoD; it over-complicated things and added too much unnecessary crap to the game that introduced the rage-inducing aspect of Call of Duty. What I'm talking about is the customizable killstreaks, of which many were too powerful, and features such as Commando and the overpowered grenade launcher setups when used with One Man Army and DangerThis was the game that signalled the downfall of CoD; it over-complicated things and added too much unnecessary crap to the game that introduced the rage-inducing aspect of Call of Duty. What I'm talking about is the customizable killstreaks, of which many were too powerful, and features such as Commando and the overpowered grenade launcher setups when used with One Man Army and Danger Close. While the game can really make you rage like no other, this was still a highly addictive multiplayer that kept me engrossed and hooked into for more than a full year. Even though it signalled the downfall of CoD, it was still a great game in itself. Expand
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    Looking back, this was most likely the most well thought out COD to date. It successfully built on an already great game, while expanding the series to its full potential. As it only the second of its kind, it's hard to categorize it as the "same old annual COD" that the franchise has become today.

This game provided countless hours of enjoyment, and since the series was far from its current popularity, it benefited from a lack of immature children and a-holes, at least during the earlier half of its life. As such, I am also reviewing this game by its audience at the time; it wouldn't matter if a better Call of Duty was released in this generation, as the infuriating, disrespectful and childish audience of today would strongly deteriorate the enjoyment for the old dogs (I mean OLD dogs, as in COD2 & COD3 old). A game is only as good as the experience it delivers, and if this means that a 10/10 games is thrown to the wolves due to the unpleasant experience delivered by whining, excessively aggressive and confrontational players, then that is the rating it will receive.

Frankly, the end of this game's life cycle marked the beginning of the end for COD in the eyes of many players, despite its gaining popularity, which mostly came from the younger generation.

The campaign was a masterpiece, this coming from a gamer who has quite honestly despised every COD installment following WaW. The addition of Hans Zimmer for the soundtrack brought the game up many notches, and the Hollywood-style cinematics was somewhat of a first for video games (one which has, at this point, worn out its welcome).

To wrap things up, this is one Call of Duty that certainly deserves higher than the 6.1 user rating, at least for its time. The 9/10 rating I give it is only contextual to the 2007-2008 time period, and if I were to review it as a new game today (one which follows the crank-out-another-every-year formula) it would snag closer to a 4/10.
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    My personal favourite Call of Duty title. A step up from Call of Duty 4 in most ways, but that also means its relative simplicity is lost in the process. Singleplayer is short but full of action and set pieces, before everyone got bored to death of them. Special ops is a simple timesplitters esque challenge mode for coop play. Multiplayer is still buggy to this day, but my oh my, when itsMy personal favourite Call of Duty title. A step up from Call of Duty 4 in most ways, but that also means its relative simplicity is lost in the process. Singleplayer is short but full of action and set pieces, before everyone got bored to death of them. Special ops is a simple timesplitters esque challenge mode for coop play. Multiplayer is still buggy to this day, but my oh my, when its played as it should there will never be an experience as fun or action packed as this. Highly doubt that Ghosts will surpass the game Expand
  30. Nov 2, 2013
    [8.2] Modern Warfare 2 is the last good game in a series that quickly ran out of ideas. Modern Warfare 2 might be nothing special to some, but it has everything a good shooter needs. It's campaign is wonderfully well-written, and while it may be linear, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself, whether it be playing on veteran (a very enjoyable challenge), searching for collectibles,[8.2] Modern Warfare 2 is the last good game in a series that quickly ran out of ideas. Modern Warfare 2 might be nothing special to some, but it has everything a good shooter needs. It's campaign is wonderfully well-written, and while it may be linear, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself, whether it be playing on veteran (a very enjoyable challenge), searching for collectibles, playing through speed runs, and even satisfying your sick blood lust in an airport massacre. The multiplayer is generally less impressive, but offers plenty of fun as well. The maps are clearly well laid out, the action is intense (and constant, which can prove annoying to those who demand variety), and although the community in the game isn't generally friendly, it can be quite fun to interact with them. Lastly, the Special Operations missions are an endlessly fun challenge. Just with one friend, it isn't hard to play for hours against waves of enemies that make you angry in the most rewarding way. As much as you might not like to say, the game really makes you think unlike its successors. While in retrospect all of that might not seem like much, four years ago, before Call of Duty had repeated itself several times, Modern Warfare 2 garnered appropriate, well-deserved respect. Expand
  31. Jun 27, 2013
    The most important of aspect of a COD game is the gameplay. The gameplay in Modern Warfare 2 was a refinement of the original Modern Warfare's excellent system. The guns feel great, each varied and easy to customize. The shooting mechanics are spot on with no apparent issues.
    Admittedly, the story can be a little bland and the multiplayer can get annoying, however the best part of this game is neither of those. It's the Spec Ops mode. Spec Ops is awesome, plain and simple. I'd spend Saturday afternoons with my cousins just playing Breach and Clear over and over again, trying to lower our times. It's a blast.

It's a good game. However when compared to other FPS games, Modern Warfare 2 just doesn't stand out.
  32. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    This is one of the worst games I`ve ever played. Don`t buy it!
    Singleplayer: The story isn`t good.
    Multiplayer: One Map was blocked so you only can play it on a hacked server. That`s the second problem, in this game are many hacker and hacked lobby`s/server.. The weapons are not balanced just like the match-making-system. You have to play mean to get bonus experience so many players are camping, noob-tubing or rush with overpowered weapons. In this game are some mean kill-streak-rewards like the AC-130. The enemy players dies non-stop so you get no kills too. That means no one is happy (only the player with the AC-130).
    Sometimes it`s very funny but the bad and aggressive making moments are so much more...
    The developers stopped the support so the game will not get updates.

If I could I would give minus points for this game. Please IW update this game or don`t do mistakes like this again.
  33. Jun 11, 2014
    A lot of people gave this a bad score, but they, ohh boy those people need to turn there Xbox back on and play it again. I know it wasn't futuristic but the gamplay was amazing (by far the best call of duty ever). I know most of these guys that hated on it were literally COD haters but still an amazing game. The newer call of duties look like absolute crap. Especially the new upcomingA lot of people gave this a bad score, but they, ohh boy those people need to turn there Xbox back on and play it again. I know it wasn't futuristic but the gamplay was amazing (by far the best call of duty ever). I know most of these guys that hated on it were literally COD haters but still an amazing game. The newer call of duties look like absolute crap. Especially the new upcoming advanced warfare. But MW2 was something special. Expand
  34. Mar 17, 2013
    Pretty decent game when it came out. Overall its still better than Mw3, Blops 1 and 2. I hate how comanys make something new and then make a Triplet called Mw3 with the same Engine and Graphic as Mw2 and we call it 2.5 not 3. I hate how they make this game Mw2, a awesome game and ruin it 2 years later.
  35. Apr 28, 2013
    This was the first COD game I played.At first it was really fun,but then all the hackers and noobtubers have ruined the multiplayer.The campaign is the best in the COD series,the spec ops is great and the multiplayer used to be fun.
  36. May 22, 2013
    This game is the best of all of the Call of Duty series. The campaign set the bar for all high-production value FPS games, and in my opinion is still yet to be surpassed. It has great set-piece moments, strong and likable characters that evolve over time, and scenes that stir up genuine emotions. On top of all that, it has the cleanest, most crisp and responsive multiplayer, with theThis game is the best of all of the Call of Duty series. The campaign set the bar for all high-production value FPS games, and in my opinion is still yet to be surpassed. It has great set-piece moments, strong and likable characters that evolve over time, and scenes that stir up genuine emotions. On top of all that, it has the cleanest, most crisp and responsive multiplayer, with the most straightforward and effective killstreak system in the series. The only thing that mars it from perfection is the ridiculously overpowered Danger Close perk, but that isn't as big of a problem with the community that is still playing the game. This one's in my top 10 games of all time (the only other COD in there is the original Modern Warfare). Expand
  37. Dec 6, 2014
    Call of Duty continues to set the standard in the first person shooter genre. Modern Warfare 2 has a solid story but yet again it's all about the multiplayer which is just as addictive. Modern Warfare 2's failure to be ground breaking means it is just beaten by it's predecessor though.
  38. May 29, 2013
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has a fantastic campaign and added to it's replay value (without needing an internet connection) by adding Special Ops, or challenge missions that offer new levels of difficulty and entertainment. When it comes to the multiplayer it turns into a rocket fest as everyone uses grenade launchers and RPG's and blow your brains out your ass. I can't recommend thisCall of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has a fantastic campaign and added to it's replay value (without needing an internet connection) by adding Special Ops, or challenge missions that offer new levels of difficulty and entertainment. When it comes to the multiplayer it turns into a rocket fest as everyone uses grenade launchers and RPG's and blow your brains out your ass. I can't recommend this game for its multiplayer, but I will recommend it for its very fun campaign and Spec Ops. Expand
  39. May 30, 2013
    This game has to be the best new call of duty ever because do you remember all the new editing you could do with your class compared to WAW and Cod 4 this game is bomb the only problem with this game i would have to say is the famas, one man army danger close and maybe shotgun as a side arm but really in real life you could have a shotgun on your back so i think thats ok but mw2 has to beThis game has to be the best new call of duty ever because do you remember all the new editing you could do with your class compared to WAW and Cod 4 this game is bomb the only problem with this game i would have to say is the famas, one man army danger close and maybe shotgun as a side arm but really in real life you could have a shotgun on your back so i think thats ok but mw2 has to be the best COD ever escpecially the b2 airstrike i rembember getting on and holy it was awesome even if it doesn't kill anyone its still sick Expand
  40. Jun 2, 2013
    At first I hated this game with a passion. Like I literally only played it because my friends wouldn't shut up, but then I played the campaign. It was actually shocking on how decent it was. The multiplayer really irritated me at first, but then when I got the maps down and my load outs set, I was fine. I still play it occasionally. Not the best, but probably the 3rd best Call of Duty yet.At first I hated this game with a passion. Like I literally only played it because my friends wouldn't shut up, but then I played the campaign. It was actually shocking on how decent it was. The multiplayer really irritated me at first, but then when I got the maps down and my load outs set, I was fine. I still play it occasionally. Not the best, but probably the 3rd best Call of Duty yet. Thing that made me mad was that Ghost died, and I was forever upset. I was hoping to kill that betraying bastard Sheppard, and I was so pumped when I got to painfully take out that knife and throw it at the bastard. Throwing knife FTW! The more guns in multiplayer was a plus for me especially the ACR and the UMP45 love those two guns. The maps were good, some were iffy, but they weren't terrible. Good game as it is Expand
  41. Jun 5, 2013
    The Singleplayer is unlogic and boring. Special Ops is only funny if you play with a good friend. And the Multiplayer is full of quickscoper, camper, noobtuber, rusher The extras like predators unbalance the multiplayer.
    The most overrated FPS I've ever seen!
    You can't told me that this "game" is a 10/10 game.
  42. Feb 21, 2014
    Nothing short of an FPS Wonder, MW2 Truely delivers a unique sense that only its predecessor (Modern Warfare) can match. With heart stopping, adrenaline pumping single player, A new and unique Co-Op Spec Ops mode, and an online mode fit for the king of modern FPS, with a wealth of ranks, unlockables and experiences. MW2 is a wonder of video games, and is sure to sit there for a long time.
  43. Jul 26, 2013
    I know a lot of people hate this series. However, this was back when this series was actually enjoyable. Despite the hackers, annoying prepubescents, trolls, etc you will always have moments that you will always remember. This game wasn't made for the story it was made for the multiplayer experience. In fact, this is the only game in the entire series where I actually got to the max levelI know a lot of people hate this series. However, this was back when this series was actually enjoyable. Despite the hackers, annoying prepubescents, trolls, etc you will always have moments that you will always remember. This game wasn't made for the story it was made for the multiplayer experience. In fact, this is the only game in the entire series where I actually got to the max level without asking my sneaky friend to help me out a bit (hehehehe). Anyhow, go try it out and forget the new Call of Duty's. Expand
  44. Jun 28, 2013
    This game has all the ingredients that a shooter-gamer wants. The single-player campaign is an experience which any gamer will enjoy, even though they're not fans of games like this. When campaign finish (and this will happen very soon) you can choose to play alone, with a friend or online the special ops and you will spent a lot of your time in this, I can promise. After this, however,This game has all the ingredients that a shooter-gamer wants. The single-player campaign is an experience which any gamer will enjoy, even though they're not fans of games like this. When campaign finish (and this will happen very soon) you can choose to play alone, with a friend or online the special ops and you will spent a lot of your time in this, I can promise. After this, however, the most interesting part of the game comes with a playing-time that overtake the one of campaign and special ops together and this is the multi-player. I hope that you can play online because this is the special reason that Call Of Duty is famous. Great graphics, sound and gameplay for you to enjoy and a beautiful way for new shooter gamers to love more games like this. Expand
  45. Jul 2, 2013
    Activision's Modern Warfare 2 sets the new standard for FPS multiplayer. Its looks great, sounds greats, and plays spectacularly. Reasonable balance and fascinating map design keep the multiplayer mode something players can come back to again and again and again to this day. Modern Warfare 2 also revolutionized killstreak design, just one of numerous gameplay mechanics it improved on fromActivision's Modern Warfare 2 sets the new standard for FPS multiplayer. Its looks great, sounds greats, and plays spectacularly. Reasonable balance and fascinating map design keep the multiplayer mode something players can come back to again and again and again to this day. Modern Warfare 2 also revolutionized killstreak design, just one of numerous gameplay mechanics it improved on from its predecessor.
    The campaign is, again, improved from Modern Warfare. It looks great, and some missions even attempt an open-world-esque aesthetic with large open environments that force you to traverse from building to building, defending objectives from enemies that attack from land and air. Again, the campaign has great visual and sound design, and gameplay is varied enough to keep the player entertained. Story is told fairly well, with the most intense climax of any military shooter to date.
    Special Ops, Infinity Ward's answer to the Zombie mode of Word at War, is a standard mission mode. It can only be played with 2 people, something that prevents it from being as silly and "rompy" as zombies. This mode is enjoyable, but nothing more,
  46. Jul 10, 2013
    The singleplayer campaign is just a bit too over the top to be fully enjoyable and definitely belongs to the worse in the series. The multiplayer is of course fun, the maps are varied and well designed and the new killstreaks, perks and weapons are a major improvement over CoD4 (although its much less competitive now). However the multiplayer feels a bit unbalanced (Harrier strike, G18The singleplayer campaign is just a bit too over the top to be fully enjoyable and definitely belongs to the worse in the series. The multiplayer is of course fun, the maps are varied and well designed and the new killstreaks, perks and weapons are a major improvement over CoD4 (although its much less competitive now). However the multiplayer feels a bit unbalanced (Harrier strike, G18 akimbo, and that damage increasing perk in particular) which is odd considering the game is almost 4 years old now. Spec Ops missions are a nice distractions but are very repetitive and not exactly enjoyable. In my opinion, this is the worst that has ever come out of Infinity Ward (yes, including MW3) but for the price it bears today, its a recommended purchase people still play this a lot. Expand
  47. May 30, 2014
    This is the last great Call of Duty before the game which nearly destroyed CoD, Black Ops, The campaign is actually fun, with some amazing missions and spec ops (which would've been nice if it was Online instead of friends only), it will keep you entertained for a while, then there is the multiplayer, i actually enjoyed it, it had reasonable sized maps and unique map designs.

Overall =

Overall = 9.6/10, it has a solid campaign, a superb Multiplayer and a great Spec Ops mode which would've been nice if it had Online for everyone, this stands as the strongest CoD ever.
  48. Aug 31, 2013
    This game is simply world class. In my opinion it's the best call of duty game ever. The campaign may be short but is still great and the multiplayer is also fantastic, simply the best.
  49. Jul 25, 2013
    This game deserves that, but there are too many trolls in the comments giving this game zeroes that i have to give it a 10. the single player was short but sweet, as with spec ops. the multiplayer had the potential to be the best in the series, with great maps and guns, but the community ruined it by using cheap tactics. search and destroy was extremely fun though because of the other people and the crazy times you had.
  50. Jul 29, 2013
    Expectations:
    In only a few words I have no expectations for 'Call Of Duty' games.
    Scores: Graphics: 5/10 Campaign: 1/10 Sound: 2/10 Gameplay: 7/10 Multiplayer: 0/10 Final Score: 3/10 Final Verdict: The graphics put simply are average, the campaign is essentially what battlefield 3 would have been like if it was directed by Michael Bay. The sounds of guns and explosions in
    Expectations:
    In only a few words I have no expectations for 'Call Of Duty' games.

Scores:
    Graphics: 5/10
    Campaign: 1/10
    Sound: 2/10
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Multiplayer: 0/10
    Final Score: 3/10

Final Verdict:
    The graphics put simply are average, the campaign is essentially what battlefield 3 would have been like if it was directed by Michael Bay. The sounds of guns and explosions in this game are awful, the gameplay is just above average because of the fast paced nature of it. Multiplayer in this game is terrible it requires no skill as all you have to do is choose the right weapon, attachments and perks, after that you're a near un-killable tank.
  51. Aug 5, 2013
    My review for the last good call of duty game.

SINGLE PLAYER: 9/10. carries on from COD 4, great moments with a lot of twists and turns. but it is short GRAPHICS: 8.5/10. improved graphics from COD 4, but no significant differences. still not bad looking, though SOUND: 8/10. good quality, but nothing outstanding MULTIPLAYER: 9.25/10. take COD 4, and improve it in every way.
    My review for the last good call of duty game.

SOUND: 8/10. good quality, but nothing outstanding
    MULTIPLAYER: 9.25/10. take COD 4, and improve it in every way. brilliant. didn't work so well for MW2-3
    GAMEPLAY: 9/10. 60 FPS, tight controls, few glitches, and good maps. what else could you ask for?
    FUN FACTOR: 8.75/10. fun game, but won't change haters minds
    TOTAL: 9/10
  52. Aug 7, 2013
    Almost as good as cod 4. The campaign was amazing and this was by far the best multiplayer. The maps were great and guns were great. No complaints about this game whatsoever. Idfk what this 6.1 bs is about
  53. Jan 12, 2015
    While some people may say that this game was overrated and mostly used by children, this game is still my favorite.

This improved off of CoD4, and made gamers across the world fall in love.

9.8/10
  54. Aug 10, 2013
    The standard by which all other FPS games should be judged. Infinity Ward nails it as compared to the awful Treyarch COD games. The single player campaign is a little brief, but it's very, very good. The multi-player is awesome. Great maps, great weapons, great graphics, great shot recognition, etc... Awesome!
  55. Sep 2, 2013
    I simply have too many fond memories of this game to give it anything lower than an 8.4, even though the quality of the game is significantly lower than that.

The multiplayer was straight up standard FPS which was quite fun to play with friends, and I have fueled a ridiculous amount of hours into it. The single player also had a nice story, and the spec ops missions were a lot of fun to do with a friend. Overall, the multiplayer aspect of this game is what makes it good, but over the years, I have grown tired of its standard, strict FPS feel. As my friends got bored of it, I ran out of things to do and I eventually shelved it.
  56. Sep 7, 2013
    Second best title in the franchise, and the last true CoD to date. I understand the complaints of most reviewers, they thing the game is a copy of CoD 4. Yes, the game looks outdated as it's the copy of MW1, but even some of these critics notice, that despite the game's flaws, it's incredibly addicting. The campaign was in original MW's best traditions: bad russians, sripts and everythingSecond best title in the franchise, and the last true CoD to date. I understand the complaints of most reviewers, they thing the game is a copy of CoD 4. Yes, the game looks outdated as it's the copy of MW1, but even some of these critics notice, that despite the game's flaws, it's incredibly addicting. The campaign was in original MW's best traditions: bad russians, sripts and everything else. And I didn't expect much from it. But the missions still looked diversified, there are some good scripted scenes, and the Zimmer's soundtrack is just a masterpiece. Spec Ops introduced some good and challenging missions for you and your friend. Multiplayer introduced even more variety in every way, but the mechanics (back then) worked great. Best way to discribe this game: it smells like CoD 4, but the MW1's expiration date was in the future (back then, again). And, unlike the old CoD, it's still playable and there are some good games on all the platforms. More than Expand
  57. Nov 28, 2013
    this was the first call of duty that i have played,it is a good game but there is just a little difference between it and the first modern warfare,but after all it's good.
  58. Nov 8, 2013
    Don't know how this game could get a 6.1 but Modern warfare 2 is easily the best call of duty game of all time. Til this day I still prefer playing MW2 than any other CoD game. CoD Ghosts has nothing on MW2. Infinity should have kept west and zampella. Titanfall will be CoD's downfall.
  59. Nov 13, 2013
    COD designers have said they think a lot of players didn't like the choke points of the map and it made it hard for players to adapt to the style of play they gave, however unlike previous installments of the series the maps followed a formula of choke points on most (not all) maps. The major downfall of the online experience was initially boosting where players boost their stats or forCOD designers have said they think a lot of players didn't like the choke points of the map and it made it hard for players to adapt to the style of play they gave, however unlike previous installments of the series the maps followed a formula of choke points on most (not all) maps. The major downfall of the online experience was initially boosting where players boost their stats or for titles, and not everyone was able to catch on to common hiding spots. However, the multiplayer experience gave players a wide range of unique ways to play the game through its perks and weapons. Campaign was on the edge of good but is still mediocre. The main focus of this game is its online play, the ability to have kill streaks count toward another and level up and complete challenges that gave you tags and boards that showed publicly between games in lobbies was fun. From a personal standpoint playing search and destroy on a map with choke points was very fun because you had to strategize with your team on how to capture/defend the objectives. This in combination with choosing different styles of playing the game (yes.. including noobtubes w/ D close) forced players to have to use a competitive mind set to be aware of their position while occasionally rewarded skilled players who could beat the enemy to the trigger made for hours of fresh play. Expand
  60. Nov 21, 2016
    Two things come to mind here. I think I'm always going to look at Modern Warfare 2 as the title that launched the now strictly enforced theatrical design of the COD campaign and the first time I felt the military shooter had finally caught its stride on current-gen consoles. I remember seeing MW2 in motion for the first time and thinking "no way that's running on Xbox 360!" and sureTwo things come to mind here. I think I'm always going to look at Modern Warfare 2 as the title that launched the now strictly enforced theatrical design of the COD campaign and the first time I felt the military shooter had finally caught its stride on current-gen consoles. I remember seeing MW2 in motion for the first time and thinking "no way that's running on Xbox 360!" and sure enough, it was. Still images just didn't do it justice though, and when you zoom in on things you can see the right through the smoke and mirrors but during regular game-play, up to that point, I had never seen an FPS look so pretty. It was the 60fps and beautiful lighting and physics engines that made this game the one you used to show off what the 360 could do. Besides a few controversial moments and a cliffhanger ending, this game is going to be remembered for its multiplayer and popularity above all else. Expand
  61. Feb 1, 2015
    This is - in my opinion - where the franchise peaked. The campaign was pretty solid, and although it may not have been as good as MW1 it was still executed well. I didn't even mind the ending was a QTE pretty much, it did what it needed to and it was satisfying. Then, we go to multiplayer. Oh wow. One of the best multiplayer experiences i've ever had. I enjoyed so many of these maps, thereThis is - in my opinion - where the franchise peaked. The campaign was pretty solid, and although it may not have been as good as MW1 it was still executed well. I didn't even mind the ending was a QTE pretty much, it did what it needed to and it was satisfying. Then, we go to multiplayer. Oh wow. One of the best multiplayer experiences i've ever had. I enjoyed so many of these maps, there were so many brilliant maps to play on, a few of my favourite being; Karachi, Favela, Rust, Underpass, afghan, skidrow, quarry, highrise, invasion, estate, scrapyard, sub base, terminal and fuel. Now how many games have the majority of their maps being brilliant. And to those who complain about the multiplayer beinf overpowered with its weapons and killstreaks, you guys speak so much rubbish. The multiplayer was addictively fun, the funnest multiplayer experience i've ever had. It didn't have to be balanced, it just had to be fun, that's what video games are made for. Then additionally there was spec ops which was a bit of extra fun but not too much could be said about that. Overall, easily one of the best fps's ever. It just beats MW1 (not story wise) due to it's extremely addictinf multiplayer that i lost months in playing. I wish cod could come back to making games like this. Every game after this i have not enjoyed. However, i have found advanced warfare going in the right direction, being a little bit more fresh. Great game this. Expand
  62. Jan 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good single player. A bit short but good. Despite the airport massacre mission. Spec Ops has lots of nice missions. Graphics are very good for 2009 but acceptable as of today. Multiplayer is as addictive as other games. Forget about the negative reviews and Ghosts! Go and buy this! Expand
  63. Jan 19, 2014
    This was the moment that this generation became obsessed with brown cover based shooting and it was a sad day, this game sold millions but did manage to separate casual gamers from real gamers with one question, do you play COD? Overall this is just a poor run of the mill generic title straight off the 360 conveyor belt of ****
  64. Jan 20, 2014
    This was the last CoD worth playing in my opinion. The multiplayer was truly well done. Honestly, I can't even remember the campaign. Probably proving it sucked. Whatever. This was good back in it's time. No use going back to it now though.
  65. Jan 17, 2014
    Cannot criticise this game at all, completely enjoy all the game modes and guns. Really easy to understand how to customise classes and I enjoyed the campaign even though it was a bit short. The multiplayer is absolutely outstanding and I bloody love it. Best Call of Duty game so far!
  66. Mar 3, 2014
    This game had the potential of being the best cod ever, except for one crucial flaw; the balance in the game is HORRENDOUS. The ump45 can get a 3 shot kill from any range, stopping power makes some of the guns far too powerful, death streaks are unfair, shotguns should not be secondaries, quick scoping is rampant, and very annoying. Kill streaks should not stack one another. You can SNIPEThis game had the potential of being the best cod ever, except for one crucial flaw; the balance in the game is HORRENDOUS. The ump45 can get a 3 shot kill from any range, stopping power makes some of the guns far too powerful, death streaks are unfair, shotguns should not be secondaries, quick scoping is rampant, and very annoying. Kill streaks should not stack one another. You can SNIPE WITH A SHOTGUN. The model 1887 akimbo has unlimited range. And who could forget one man army NOOBTUBES.
    Aside from this though, the game really is one of the best titles in the cod franchise.
  67. Mar 30, 2014
    I just got this game and I will admit I am VERY impressed. but there are some bad things if you are a semi good gamer like me you should not play online the players there are EXCELLENT. unless you are an awesome gamer do not play Xbox live. But campaign is fantastic: snowmobile chases, ice climbing. turret manning. sniper missions. It will never get old I think MW 2 is the best COD gameI just got this game and I will admit I am VERY impressed. but there are some bad things if you are a semi good gamer like me you should not play online the players there are EXCELLENT. unless you are an awesome gamer do not play Xbox live. But campaign is fantastic: snowmobile chases, ice climbing. turret manning. sniper missions. It will never get old I think MW 2 is the best COD game ever beside BO2 Expand
  68. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.2 Fun/Story: 9.1

A awesome FPS, it´s good, fast, pretty and funny. I really enjoyed to play it through the end without stopping.
  69. Oct 18, 2014
    Great story, relatable characters, incredible voice acting feels like you are actually there it like cod 4 but with everything done better visually and smoother movement
  70. Jun 8, 2014
    With bland multiplayer, and a rather dull gameplay engine, Modern Warfare 2 is not only boring and unfun, but downright stupid. The story to it has got to be one of the worst I have very had the displeasure of viewing, but is so tasteless I cannot bear to type this anymore. This game is overrated and awful. What keeps this at a two is that it at least works. What is funny is that in a gameWith bland multiplayer, and a rather dull gameplay engine, Modern Warfare 2 is not only boring and unfun, but downright stupid. The story to it has got to be one of the worst I have very had the displeasure of viewing, but is so tasteless I cannot bear to type this anymore. This game is overrated and awful. What keeps this at a two is that it at least works. What is funny is that in a game about shooting generic foreign bad guy after generic foreign bad guy is that the guns feel lousy and the shooting is unfun. Expand
  71. Jun 21, 2014
    Suspense, action, nukes and EMPs. A recipe for complete chaos, and chaos plus FPS is amazing. Sometimes chaos cannot be controlled (much like the controls), and that's were the game falls; the ending... The lousy ending to a fantastic game. 8/10
  72. Oct 23, 2014
    9.5 out of 10 (rounded up to 10).

9.5 out of 10 (rounded up to 10).

When did Call of Duty become the ultimate cash cow franchise? Many claim it was with the original Modern Warfare, but the dud that came in the next year, World At War, proved that the series may have just been a one hit wonder. Then came MW2. This series wasn't going to hold back just because it hadn't made it as big on one entry. Modern Warfare 2 is the ideal sequel. It has better graphics, a better story, better set pieces, better gunplay and of course, better multiplayer. While it isn't a massive step forward for the series and is content to rest on its laurels in some spots, this is simply because it was so far ahead of any competition at the time.

The thing that makes Call of Duty so popular is its accessibility. At almost any time, you can just pick up a controller and start playing. The gunplay is easy to get the hang of, but incredibly difficult to master. No two guns feel the same and no matter if you're hip firing or looking through a sight, it just reacts quickly and plays smoothly. The movement handles in the right way and while there isn't a sticky cover system like in Gears of War, crouching and returning fire is just as satisfying. Melee an enemy and while the impact is unrealistic, the quick stab is perfect if you want to end things quickly. COD may be lacklustre nowadays, but its gameplay is still as smooth and polished as possible.

But while we can talk all we want about the controls and the shooting, what about the actual content? The campaign itself is no longer than that of the original and while it may not have the complexity or originality of the first game, it certainly ratchets up the tension with shocking twists, crazy set pieces and cool new characters. It continues directly on from the original game, except now a new enemy has arisen. Makarov is undoubtedly one of the scariest villains in all of gaming and the lengths he will go to to attain what he wants makes this as much a thriller as it is a shooter. One oof the first few levels in this game firmly makes that point stick in your mind, as you are forced to watch hundreds of innocent civilians get mowed down. The infamous "No Russian" level still holds up and is still difficult to get through. While you may have played GTA, that series is based around the point of going out and killing plenty of people in crazy ways. The realistic terrorism themes at the heart of COD make this more controversial than it needs to be. That level aside, the game is truly amazing and the story is blistering and action-packed. While no level may ever reach the heights of "All Ghillied Up", a certain few come close here and the set pieces range from an attack on the white house, to a stealth level in the snow to a final showdown on jet skis. This is action at its absolute best and not many series do explosions and shootouts better than Call of Duty.

There is certainly a large amount of replayability to the game, what with the multiple collectibles, the many difficulty levels and the Epilogue level in a Call of Duty museum, but one mode takes replayability to its extremes. Spec Ops consists of a series of mini objectives that have a score and ranking system. Every challenge can be completed in co-op and a select few make teaming up with a buddy essential. There are even a few Spec Ops missions that recall the original game's sniper level and this is even better when played with a buddy. You can easily put as much, if not more time, into this mode as you do in the single player campaign. It's a bonus that most of these are really fun and endlessly enjoyable.

But I can't put it off any longer- it's time to talk about multiplayer. The best part of COD gets even better in MW2, with a range of new modes, unlockables and maps, including some instant classics such as the rather large "Terminal". In all, the new features aren't a massive step forward, but the Create A Class system is a large enhancement and the range of perks and scorestreaks is impressive. Sniping is one of the strengths online and learning how to handle a scoped rifle may be key to your success. However, you really do have multiple options when it comes to fighting. You can run and gun, pick off enemies at long range or (if you're a really annoying player) camp. The options open are vast and while you may run into some fairly rage worthy situations, the game is consistently entertaining. The RPG like levelling system is still well handles and the offline levelling means that you can enjoy your split screen even more.

Modern Warfare 2 is fantastic and is easily the second best COD. It could be said that the series fell into a monotonous rut here, but back in 2009 it was incredibly impressive. In all fairness, it still is and deserves a large amount of recognition.
  73. Jul 7, 2014
    This game is actually good compared to the cods that are out today. Maybe not as good as Cod4 or WAW but definitely in my top 3.. Quicking scoping was the best in this game, way better than BO and MW3, killstreaks where OP and lots of 12 yr old nuke boosters but still, if you think about it now it is better than BO2 and Ghosts which SUCK ASS
  74. Jul 14, 2014
    Mw2 is better but not as good as the first mw. I liked the campaign alot better in the first mw. The multiplayer in mw2 is decent but I still loved the first one better. Spec Ops is a great addition to the game for it would keep players hooked on it.
  75. Jul 14, 2014
    THIS GAME IS EPIC AS BALLS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! The ONLY downside is its a short game... BUT BUY NOW BECAUSE THIS GAME IS THE REASON I PLAY SHOOTERS BUY NOWWWWWWWWW
  76. Sep 4, 2014
    The Campaign is good as always, but it has the worst Multiplayer ever. Tactical Nukes, a ton of hackers (on every platform) and tons of tryhards ruined this game.
  77. Sep 27, 2014
    A great single player campaign as well a great sequel to the modern warfare storyline. MW2's multiplayer has the most bulls**t of any CoD I've played. The most prominent problem I've with this game is the noobtubing that just makes me angry. Despite the flaws in this game, it's still a fun and great experience in multiplayer. The spec ops mode is dull and doesn't have much replay value.
  78. Mar 29, 2016
    The best CoD of all time. The people who disagree are either bad at the game or never played it to begin with. Great campaign and glorious multiplayer.
  79. Mar 29, 2015
    Call of duty: Modern warfare 2 is actually one my favorite Call of duty games. The singleplayer campaign has some of the funnest missions in any Call of duty game, maybe not as fun as Call of duty 4: Modern warfare but still worth playing. The story continued very well from the last Modern warfare game. The multiplayer is the most addictive and fun out of the whole series, you will spendCall of duty: Modern warfare 2 is actually one my favorite Call of duty games. The singleplayer campaign has some of the funnest missions in any Call of duty game, maybe not as fun as Call of duty 4: Modern warfare but still worth playing. The story continued very well from the last Modern warfare game. The multiplayer is the most addictive and fun out of the whole series, you will spend hours playing this. The spec ops mode has some very fun missions you will play with your friends over and over trying to get the best score. If you are a fan of Call of duty, then buy this. Expand
  80. May 24, 2015
    MW2 is what some claim to be the last good CoD game (even though Black Ops, the very next game, is better than it). The campaign is full of intense battles and cinematic moments (which weren't as impactful because I've never played CoD4MW). The multiplayer felt imbalanced or something but it's still fun to play. I've almost capped off leveling but haven't presitged (whereas I've presitgedMW2 is what some claim to be the last good CoD game (even though Black Ops, the very next game, is better than it). The campaign is full of intense battles and cinematic moments (which weren't as impactful because I've never played CoD4MW). The multiplayer felt imbalanced or something but it's still fun to play. I've almost capped off leveling but haven't presitged (whereas I've presitged 3 times in Black Ops and played enough to have done so five times). The co-op consists of numerous 1 or 2-player missions (some only 2-player) that range from stealth to massive shootouts (mostly the latter). It's a great shooter; it's not the masterpiece that some claim it is but it's much farther form the dog **** that others claim it is. Expand
  81. Jul 28, 2015
    TrueGamerOpinion here bringing you the truest opinion a man can count on! Aside from the aftermath of 10th prestige lobbies and hackers galore when the games population went down ... MW2 was a shooting game masterpiece, Almost borrowing everything from the original and implementing some exciting new changes, this is considered by many to be the best COD game to date. The story was dramaticTrueGamerOpinion here bringing you the truest opinion a man can count on! Aside from the aftermath of 10th prestige lobbies and hackers galore when the games population went down ... MW2 was a shooting game masterpiece, Almost borrowing everything from the original and implementing some exciting new changes, this is considered by many to be the best COD game to date. The story was dramatic and believable as well as the multiplayer being extremely addicting and having a very high replay value, this was the perfect recipe to creating a FPS masterpiece. As for balancing goes well that is the beauty of MW2 you're either good at the game or you're not! Plain and simple ... Complaining about high level weapons killing you? Well that's too bad for the skill gap in this game was present immaculately separating the bad from the good, thus the main reason why the online was so ingenious. Mix this with some amazing maps that had areas of outsmarting enemies as if it were real life and you got yourself a well made game indeed!
    Long gone are the days where skill mattered in COD for now we have recycled trash made by the dozen of garbage employees and money hungry corps. that make up the new generation of COD's. A toast to a slice of FPS gaming heaven! This ... Is Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare 2.
  82. Oct 20, 2015
    Hands down the best COD to date. The guns were good and made multiplayer, specifically the competitive scene, very fun and exciting. The addition of more killstreaks was a bit much for me but didn't take away from the online experience. The best part of this game was the maps. Only a few of the maps were either annoying or unbalanced but most were good. There was no "ugh" moment whenHands down the best COD to date. The guns were good and made multiplayer, specifically the competitive scene, very fun and exciting. The addition of more killstreaks was a bit much for me but didn't take away from the online experience. The best part of this game was the maps. Only a few of the maps were either annoying or unbalanced but most were good. There was no "ugh" moment when a map was selected because I liked all of the maps. Expand
  83. J0e
    Jan 15, 2016
    I never really got the all the hype for this game but playing it again it is really fun but again it is the same thing the story, spec ops, and multiplayer is fun but it is so glitch and has a lot of hackers and flaw. But overall it is a fun game and despite all its flaws can be enjoyed by gamers and non gamers.
  84. Apr 14, 2016
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Wolfenstein are best shooters of 2009 in my opinion . Modern Warfare 2 has got good graphics , one of best storyline of Call of Duty and Modern Warfare 2 best game of the series with Call of Duty , Call of Duty 3 , Call of Duty World at War and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 . Modern Warfare 2 is a good game and best shooter of 2009 with Wolfenstein . 8/10 .
  85. Nov 16, 2016
    The greatest game ever made. Thrilling fast paced campaign, top notch multiplayer and excellent Spec Ops mode. I love this game so much. Soundtrack by Hanz Zimmer is amazing. A must buy.
  86. Dec 6, 2016
    The sixth shooter in this long series, infinity ward delivers a competent shooter with good gameplay:

Pros: -Good written story with a intense campaign -Voice acting and characters are excellent -Good graphics and sound design -Multiplayer is intense and fun -Spec ops mode is enjoyable Cons: -While good, the campaign is short. I completed it in about 5 hours on normal mode and

Pros:
    -Good written story with a intense campaign
    -Voice acting and characters are excellent
    -Good graphics and sound design
    -Multiplayer is intense and fun
    -Spec ops mode is enjoyable

Cons:
    -While good, the campaign is short. I completed it in about 5 hours on normal mode and I'm not the best FPS player ever.
    -While fun, multiplayer is very unbalanced with many OP kill streaks and guns.
    -Spec ops can be dull if you are by yourself

In the end:
    Story: 8/10
    Gameplay: 7.5/10
    Multiplayer: 7/10
    Graphics/sound design 8/10
    Overall: 8/10

Modern Warfare 2 crosses into the must-have category of video games effortlessly. It offers an unmatched shooter experience, a compelling story mode, a slick package of mini missions and a multiplayer which is pretty much unparalleled in depth.
    Modern Warfare 2 offers epic gameplay, a stunning Spec-Ops mode and a huge amount of adrenaline.
  3. Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer.