3.3

1. Nov 13, 2011
    Is this a joke? why are we paying £45 for the same game every year? new weapons and call of duty elite? just another money making tool used by activision on thier quest to ruin the games indusrty.the game is full of hackers and mods yet nothing is done about it.i guarantee that the next call of duty which presumable will be made by trearch will be exactly the same as black ops. why are we falling for the hype every year and being let down? absolutly disgusted spending my hard earned cash on this *updated modern warfare 2 game. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    If the game title was Modern Warfare 2.5 and only cost $15, this might actually be a good review, for the price and all the build up this was one of the biggest let downs in my gaming career.
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    Been a hugeee fan of COD every since the good ol' days when multi-player was introduced in cod2. Every game has been loads of fun up until now. The worst part about it is how poorly this game catered to it riot-shiedlers. i always thought that there was nothing more fun than bashing someone with a riot shield as they struggled to get around me in MW. Now, players can shoot right through riot shields. This shows a great unbalance between primary weapons. As if that wasn't horrible enough the overall surface area of the riot shield is to be laughed at. It is high enough, but the arc is not long enough, but to barely cover the front of your player. ON TOP OF EVERYTHING, every person in the world feels the need to throw every single kind of tactical/lethal grenade at riot shielders, and blast shield doesn't work..... I had countless lives where I was using blast shield bro and would be stunned, and killed by grenades. This frustrates me very much and I was very glad that I rented the game and did not buy this filthy trash. RIOT SHIELDING TO THE END! Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    Call Of Duty continues their downward spiral. The founders of the series have gone.
    Sure MW2 needed some minor tweeks. Instead this team decided to fiddle and faddle with the game engine. Like a janitor working under the hood of a stealth bomber.
    The match making, hit detection, and host ping compensation are broken.
    The spawn system has been set so there is no point of being born with a
    brain.
    Spawn point! and shot!
    That is good, because the maps are mazes of cutter. If it were not for the noobed down spawn system,
    you would never be able to find anyone.
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    So first I spend 60 bucks on a game then for this awesome new service and DLC I spend 50 more bucks, Hardcore Edition for 90 or 100 i think(but that sold out fast). Basically most people spent between 90 and 110 dollars and what did we get? WORST COD MP ever!!! I love Modern Warfare and with the few upgrades they did I thought it would be a good game. So whats wrong well I think I have spent an hour on Elite 50minutes of that waiting to get in only to get kicked out when I click a link. AWESOME I'm glad I can step up my game with that. But MP wise show the consoles some love with dedicated servers. I mean come on do I really need watch the kill cam to know that when I get 5 ticks and they hit me with 1 bullet (not a headshot) and i die? That I got screwed by connection. I get more lag in this game then Gears of War 2. I switch weapons get nothing I change tactics nothing I change perks kill streaks anything that I do is just a waste. Now you might think I'm just a bad gamer, well I'm not the best anymore because I have a career and a wife and a life but when I want to unwind I can't play MW3 thats just ticks me off ever more. I dont care about K/D I just want to relax and have some fun with friends but you made it impossible. THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    this poor game, graphics is horrible. sound is horrible, horrible campaign = all horrible. graphics: 5 sound: 2 innovation: 1 recycled: 10 ¡very good activision!
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    when I started playing the game the first thought I had was "this is the same engine as modern warfare 2." as the story progressed I found myself asking where in this campaign is there a level that I would want to play again and again. In both modern warfare 1 and 2 there were levels I just wanted to play over and over. But this time I would probably only play the campaign to get achievements at most. There is nothing new to the campaign besides awesome weapons. The story is short about 4-6 hours on normal at most. And what little story there is, it is just a reboot of the combined ideas of modern warfare 1 and 2. I had no "wow" moment I had more of a "here we go again". For the campaign the gameplay is the same but the story is old and feels like a reboot. The multiplayer has become more "balanced" or as I like to call it become more "unrealistic". Shotguns are now pea shoots at most. And the multiplayer is mostly the same as modern warfare 2. The addition of survival adds a lot of fun but getting stuck with the guy who leaves his post to take your kills and results in you getting flanked by the enemy gets old fast. Survival is enjoyable but it does not allow you the customization nor the number of guns that you can get in multiplayer. As a result it feels unfinished and not as enjoyable as it could have been. Spec ops is back with no difference what so ever to modern warfare 2. All and all the campaign is a disappoint; as it brings nothing new to the table, same with both the multiplayer and spec ops. The only thing remotely new is survival and that is incomplete. All I can say is congrats Activision on sucking the life out of another great game. Expand
  8. z1p
    Nov 15, 2011
    Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! It is a slightly adjusted version of the previous title, MW2. The challenges for multiplayer are EXACTLY the same as MW1! Story is okay, I say just give this one a rental. Not worth your money or time. Buy BF3 if you want a good shooter.
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Modern Warfare 2, I mean 3, is basically a decent game... however since MW3 basicly is a dlc to MW2, I cant justify the price. I rate this a 0 for greed.
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    Developers begging for help with community ratings, people raging on forums, Youtube, and gaming sites such as this one. All of this was very foreseeable and has simply made me happy that I got this game for free from a friend who can't play it anymore after his PS3 broke (little sister poured milk on it :P).

The main problem with Call of Duty is the constant use of the same exact
    gameplay with close to no changes in each sequel. Now, you might be saying, "Well if Call of Duty made a huge innovation many people wouldn't be happy!" and you would be right. However, there is a solution to this. Stop. Making. New. CODS. The series is already on its eight title, and has failed to make large changes since the fourth one. Even worse, the only good change since the first one is the graphics. The major change in call of duty 4 was the addition of class customization. However, it's safe to say this wasn't a good change. I'm not saying that Russians shouldn't be using M4A1s, and that Americans shouldn't use an AK-47, like how it is in Battlefield 3. Call of Duty isn't meant to be realistic. If it was realistic, no one should be running around with a 30 pound sniper rifle faster than with a 10 pound light machine gun. However, the problem with all of this customization is that due to the serious lack of limits, players are free to exploit a single imbalance with the correct customization kits, forcing everyone to use the exact same class if they want to play a fair game. In battlefield 3, with the exception of a certain scope (which is being fixed soon anyway), the limitations on our customizations balance the game quite a bit. Expand
  11. Mar 9, 2012
    I was a BIG fan of cod4 and mw2 but the shine has definitely worn off for me with mw3. Pretty much everything felt the same as the previous COD games. The kill animations were still rag doll, the same sounds, the same non-destructable environments with the same measly amount of environmental bullet damage. How cool could it have been to pull out your light machine gun and totally shred the environment? Instead we have same same superficial bullet holes that guns made back in COD4. How cool would it have been to have dynamic environments? You air strike a building and then have 3 different types of rubbled building that would appear in its place for the remainder of the game. How cool would it have been to shoot somebody and have them fall off a ledge and come crashing down with a THUMP in a cloud of dust or nail them with a shotgun and have them fly backwards crashing into a table or wall? But no, we're stuck with the same old 1997 animations.

The maps were probably the biggest disappointment. There wasn't one pure sniper map in the game (nothing even close to wasteland, afghan, or derail). The maps didn't seem to cater to team games (having your team pinned down in a firefight with the other team); they were all just run around solo and get shot in the back. In cod4 especially, it seemed like there was a sense of friendly and enemy territory and I found myself respawning with my team who were engaged in battle a lot. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that everyone got UAV so there was a better sense of where the enemy was. IDK, i'm starting to ramble...

In short, I just thought they needed to innovate more instead of relying on the same old engine.
  12. Nov 17, 2011
    The Modern Warfare games were once innovative and interesting, but this is simply a copy and paste of Modern Warfare 2, with absolutely no saving grace. The story is predictable, the graphics are unchanged, the gameplay is identical, and the story is boring. Unless something is done, this game could be one of the final nails in the first person shooter genre.
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    This year, even more so than last I have been extremely let down by COD. The maps are so poorly constructed that at you are open to attack from several angles AT ALL TIMEs due to the abundance of tight corners and back passages. This forces you to roll in a pack and or get gunned down as soon as you let off a round exposing your position. I realsie they did this to stop camping but its merely does this at the cost of playablity. You basically find yourself FORCED to roll with a pack of noobish amauters mindlesy avenging the death of d guy next to you while your enemy does the same. IT JUST ONE BIG CLUSTER **** like me you play alone this is doubly anoying as you want to go your own way but realsie this means at best getting one kill before being shot in the back. Infinity Ward have apparently suufered the loss of several key members of their team causing them to bring in Sledgehammer Games to compensate. They Failed! Expand
  14. Nov 18, 2011
    You would think that after six years they would at least have made a new graphics engine. The game is almost the same as Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, except for some maps, perks and a new killstreak system. How about some real originality, huh? Seriously, if you want a good shooter, buy Battlefield 3.
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Sadly MW3 has ruined the franchise for me - multiplayer has lost it's fun thanks to an unbalanced kill streak system that just takes all the skill (and the fun) out of the game. If you like being blown to bits by random explosions, predato missiles or attack helicopters every 15-20 seconds (it really is that bad), then go nuts - but it's not for me...

I've not played the campaign, but
    that's not what I buy for - think I may finally have to give Battlefield a chance. Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    I legitimately did not think the game was very good. Same old stuff that I got bored with back in the MW2 days. However, I wasn't going to give it a 0 until IGN insisted on writing TWO full articles crying about "Metacritic trolling." Sorry not everyone agrees with you, IGN.
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    So terrible, where to begin? Bugs galore, and for a linear single player game that's not good. Boring, feels like ive played this before. Oh, wait i have. It was called Call of duty modern warfare 2.
  18. Nov 30, 2011
    These multiplayer maps are a tangled mess I've never been killed so many times from behind in a video game. The maps are like vertical mazes. Where are the open areas? am i complaining that these maps are to small??? ......... YES
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    This was a Great game when it 1st came out, but sadly everything that was done in the last few year could have all been done in patches and really there is nothing new to keep me there i fill like i am paying money for MW1.3
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    what to say about this game.....plenty. Graphics: i read an article by Glenn Schofield in which he defended that the graphics had changed. thats a load of bull****. There is absoultely no big difference in the graphics, the sound effects have been recycled and you can hear the SAME sound effects on multiple guns (i.e. M4A1, M16, and ACR reloading sounds.) They clearly ran out of ideas for improving animations as the new sprinting movements look ridiculous and quickly implemented as a way to cover up this copy and paste of a game. Campaign: The campaign is even shorter than mw2 with even more unrealistic plot and action sequences. It is cheesy, predictable and the plot pacing is even worse than mw2's. Spec Ops: There are EVEN LESS spec op missions than before, sure they added Survival mode, but wait. thats just Zombies with guns! the missions are longer yes, but that also backfires when going back multiple times to beat a level. They are uncreative and mostly similar.
    Multiplayer: Oh look, its the same gamemodes as cod4 AGAIN. there is absoultely NO innovation whatsoever. every map has been balanced out yes, but this makes them all pretty similar and boring layouts. Most guns from Mw2 are back with the MP5 and G36C from cod4. Kill confirmed is just team deathmatch, team defender is capture the flag with headquarters inspiration. Every gamemode is still the same. the perks are uncreative and its clear that they ran out of ideas and just broke down old gameplay elements and turned them into perks. Although the Prestige Shop is a nice addition, there isnt much to use and double xp is a waste. Theatre mode makes a comeback, but for some reason the game begins lagging horribly when its turned on, black ops did not have that problem. This game is mw2 with different maps, less spec ops, campaign and innovation. if anything this game takes steps back and should be called mw1.9.

Overall: 2/10

Pros: Balancing, more maps, finishes the storyline

Cons: Same s**t we've seen for the last 4 years, same graphics, short campaign, less spec ops missions, no creative gamemodes, no creative perks, recycled animations and sound effects, 8-13 year olds will rule the online community. (isnt this game rated M for MATURE?!?!??!?!!)
  21. Nov 28, 2011
    almost no new innovation. Pathetic, clumsy, small maps full of wall hacks...ability to play this game with any sort of strategy has been reduced to running in organised running around in giant circles. Perks and customizations have been reduced to forced choices instead of full customization. The spawning is by far the worst I have seen yet...you can't ever clear an area because the game will almost guarenteed spawn a bad guy behind you or you walk around the corner to shot one guy just as the game re-spawns 4 of his teammates on you. Rockets you have shot before you die still seem to vanish in mid air. You still get killed ten feet after making it around the corner when running from bullets...Server Snyching still is atroucious...Kill cams almost never resemble what you saw on your screen when you were killed...Shotguns still do ridiculous amounts of damage from 30 feet away, but assault rifles often can't take down a target with out using the full clip. Quick scoping the stupidest thing ever allowed to exist. Airsupport that you can't take down even when you are equipped to do so. Hit detection is weak at best. Being able to charge through bullets to knife or shoot....just an all around disappontment. More of the same. Most of my friends have already gone back to playing MW2, COD4, an even BF2. I have always held Infinity Ward in a much hirer regard than Trearch...and after Black Ops I said never again will I buy a trearch release...but I have to tell you, MW3 is about as bad as Black Ops...maybe you guys should do your homework better next time and actually go out and ask people what it is they really want and what they really don't want, because this pile of dung is a fail. Expand
  22. Dec 1, 2011
    First I am a cod fan I have played them all. I don't see how some on here can say Mw3 is like Mw2 really well Mw2 worked there was no lag which this is all the game has in MP play. Spawns are broken you will shot someone only to have them spawn right behind you that sure didn't happen in MW2 now did it.. They put out 2 patches so far and have not been able to fix the lag in this game or spawns yet. Maps are the biggest fail ever in this game. They are so small with junk everywhere no clear shooting lines lots of buildings which you can't even go though to get to the other side everything is closed off no big maps like waste land or over grown. If you haven't got this game yet I'm sure most have it now but if you don't wait till it drops in price I really hope Sledgehammer never gets another chance at making a COD game ever again you dropped the ball big time Expand
  23. Dec 28, 2011
    wow, this game is... HORSE **** i mean its more like mw2.1. cod4=badass, still play, mw2=kinda good, mw3=wtf. EXACT same game engine and graphics as MW2, more like a goddamn expansion if you ask me, or the millions of dissapointed users. the only good thing i found was to find out what happened to all the main characters, and even for that i couldve watched a youtube video.
  24. Jan 25, 2012
    Oh how the gods have fallen. I remember back in the day when a game from Infinity Ward meant a game carefully crafted, and sure to keep even casual gamers at the edge of their seats. Well, this couldn't be further from reality with Infinity Ward's latest installment. From the get go, Modern Warfare 3 feels like a bad case of deja-vu - graphics and gameplay deviate little from what we've seen in previous installments, go from point a to point b, shoot what moves along the way. What's worse, the campaign is even more forgettable than ever. No innovation in terms of plot twists or gameplay mechanics, just a straight line from start to finish. Even what was meant to be the most emotional moment in the game seemed trivial and pointless, especially after the events of the previous game. The campaign is over in a flash, and thank goodness; The less time spent playing this garbage, the better.

What about the multiplayer, you ask? Just as boring and forgettable as the campaign. If you want good multiplayer, this is the last place you should look.
  25. Apr 7, 2012
    This game is horrible I think the multiplayer sucks just like the single player. Only thing I did like was survival mode it becomes boring about in one hour. I think its just like Modern Warfare 2 there is no difference except the weapons.
  26. Apr 8, 2012
    I've been playing COD since day one on the PC. MW 2 and MW 3 are the most disappointing games in the series. MW 3 even makes COD 3 look like and decent game. Leave it to Activision to ruin a great FPS franchise and a Developing company in the process.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    The saddest thing about Mw3 is the been there done that over and over. This feels like another expansion rather than being a full game. The company is begging for good reviews from users,really? This game was good when it was Cod4 Mw. When Mw2 came out,it went down hill of seeing the same thing over and side tracking the story. Mw3 is going up against Battlefield 3 which is overall a better game. A new season pass is available for $50 for one year. It is nice to see there will be content added every month and having the pass will grant you more features than free users and added content. Season pass is a nice idea but $50 is a lot to shell out right after buying a $60 game. The day after it's release a new call of duty was announced. We all knew it was gonna happen but did you really need to announce it so early? Story mode doesn't have the Wow did you just see that moments like most games that came out this year. Modern warfare 1 was constantly filled with moments like this while mw3 felt like it was dragging on just to complete the story. The story should have ended in mw2 instead of side tracking just to say Hey there is going to be modern warfare 3 in two years. After the fall and decline of Cod3, Cod4 Mw came out and perfected the series and gave it a new life. Now after 4 or 5 years they are still trying to ride that train. Since mw2,call of duty has become the madden and dynasty warriors of games. One of the biggest issues was discovering the youtube video that shows buildings from previous Cod games placed into mw3. Now I find out that Modern Warfare 3 Developer Begs for Good Reviews. Are you serious? If you wanted good user reviews you shouldn't have made the same game over and over. If assassin's creed can come out every year with a compelling story added content and new things than why can't Call of Duty. It seems we are back into the Cod 3 phase where people were done and bored with it. I hope 2012 brings a new engine and a new game that does something different instead of the copy paste its been known for. Even the box art looks similar to mw2. You changed the color and turned his head. I really wanted to enjoy mw3 but I couldn't. There was nothing i haven't seen or done before. The first mission is suppose to be what sets you up for the entire game but it was boring and dull. I don't really want to compare this game to Battlefield 3 too much but overall everything in it was better than mw3. Expand
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    Ok it my be my bad but I went and played bf3 a week before I picked up mw3. Let me tell you big mistake mw3 is crap I mean now that I know what a real shooter feels like I will never go back. Mw3 gets a bigfat 0.
  29. Nov 8, 2011
    Unfortunately, Activision released exactly the same game for the third year in a row. Never saw that one coming.. As they have proven time after time since the merger, Activision is really only concerned with the bottom line. It's much easier to release the same game with an "upgraded" engine year after year than it is to actually create anything even close to resembling an innovative product.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    Wow, deja vu all over again. Can we get a story that doesn't involve Russians for a change? And how about getting rid of game breaking killstreak rewards and multiplayer that amounts to little more than laser tag? This is war, hanging out in a building until someone finishes emptying their clip at you so you can shoot back is boring. If someone is hiding in a building, you should be able to blow the wall down with a rocket or tank round, or oh wait, you already can, and it's called BATTLEFIELD. I don't know why I bothered with this game, I barely played Black Ops. No more peer pressure, my true love is and always has been Battlefield. THOSE guys know war games. They do their homework on weapon sounds and handling. When you play that game, hearing the symphony of realtime gunfire and explosions is like being smack in the middle of Black Hawk Down. But you know what, let COD exist if only to keep the kiddies and noobs out of my Battlefield so us big boys can have our fun too. If I want an arcade shooter experience, I'll stick by the pioneer, HALO. Otherwise, when I want to play a real war game, BF3 is where it's at. Let's face it, Activision is going to bleed COD dry just like they did Guitar Hero. The franchise will die of overexposure, which is a shame, because a long time ago, it was a decent game, that is, until DICE let me blow down walls in an M1 Abrams tank! Expand
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    This game has really disapointing me. I know that "old formulas" that work can be repeated...but we are talking about inovation and i like a lot COD but this is only an act of mediocrity. I regret I bought this game :(
  32. Nov 8, 2011
    Played modern warfare 3 campaign and it was so easy. The story was stupid and really not exciting unlike the earlier games 1+2. The online is the same as the last 2 i think i enjoyed my online experience more on the older ones though. If you are like me and bought this because of friends DON'T save your money and play COD4 or MW2. This one has little to no memorable experiences compared to the first two. Expand
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    Can't tell you how upset I was with this game. With games like Skyrim and Arkham City adding new stories, innovation and something new. COD sticks to the same overused formula. I've already traded it in.
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    Sooooo its the same game as before rehashed over and over again to the point its now tedious, boring, tiresome and old. Single player campaign is lacking when it could have been so much more and multiplayer is is the same as its always been. Except now everyone on the planet starts from zero. Honestly you could have done a mass reset on MW2 and it would be exactly the same.
  35. Nov 8, 2011
    Normally Map packs for MW2 cost $15, this one costs 4x that amount and has a bug where your profile will be reset when you buy it.

My advice, wait till its in the $5 bargain bin.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It's Modern Warfare 2 in a new package and obviously for a full price. It's nothing new or special; just another dull war fps game. The single player is too short, the multiplayer is same **** as it was before. Not recommended in any way.
  37. Nov 18, 2011
    How do you spell Dialed In? = Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Save yourself some money and just keep playing Black Ops. It feels (and looks) exactly the same!
  38. Nov 20, 2011
    Have you played COD before? Yes? Then you have played this version of COD before also. Utter cr@p. This is just Activision mugging retards for their money, every year. I'm sure this game will make loads of money, and decent development studios will continue to suffer because people are not playing their games. If you are 12 and have no brain, then by all means play this abortion. Otherwise, go play Battlefield 3. Expand
  39. Nov 9, 2011
    I don't have to say anything everyone else already knows why this game is trash.
  40. Jan 21, 2012
    I have given longer reviews before, but for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare "3", it can be very accurately summed up with a few words. Carbon copy of its predecessors. This is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 and/or 2 with a "different", with somehow more bland game play and story and with less originality than ever... Wish I could score into the negatives for this game, the Call of Duty series had so much potential.... Expand
  41. Nov 8, 2011
    A step backward in the series honestly. MW2 was better. Co-Op was a nice attempt, but just not enough substance to make it worth while. Multiplayer is also a negative. The new game modes are lame and they took out many of the new ones that made Black Ops at least tolerable. If you want to play a re-hash of MW2 with out any good maps then go ahead.
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    Complete joke. So glad that there are still real games around like Battlefield 3. I can't believe someone thought this would be a good game to release.
  43. Nov 11, 2011
    This is nothing bus MW2 with a load of new maps; no new features, no new innovation and yet they think they can charge the best part of £45 for the pleasure. The original was a great game thus, you could argue, if this is so similar, it must be too!? But if you went to the cinema and watched a movie 3 times in a row, would you really enjoy it by the third time (especially when you're paying more and more each time you watch it!). Expand
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    I used to love the Call of Duty franchise, it gave you freedom, and had one of the most responsive series of gameplay mechanics out there. Now it is just a re-skined repeat of the same broken multiplayer. Nothing more than clunky, blinding fire to the back drop of never ending invisible walls.
  45. Nov 11, 2011
    Before i start, i havent even finished the game yet. i cannot be anything else then sarcastic about this game: Wait.. was that a building from the CoD4 Pipeline map? Wait.. were that cod4 sounds? I remember this place.... This place remembers me of something I think the biggest issue here is the fact that the franchise aged over its fanbase. All the 14/15 year olds who are now grown to 19/20 year olds have in these 5 years realized how this game/franchise or however u wanna call it is getting run into the ground by releasing a, boring repetitive, copy/paste game every year. Expand
  46. Nov 8, 2011
    I was soo pissed about this game i gave it a 10 on accident. This game deserves a 1 so here it is

I was kinda excited to play this game until i started playing it... I forced myself to get off BF3 to play this **** I played MW3 for 6 hours now and i am DONE Campaign- Sucks Graphics- Sucks Multiplayer-Sucks Game-Sucks Spec ops- ok Maybe they should use that BILLION dollars they make every
    year and make a new engine or better yet a new game. Cod it dead I give it a 1 for the great plan they had that made them another billion dollars MW3. Back to BF3 Expand
  47. Nov 11, 2011
    It's just one big over priced map pack. Overhyped! No quality. Just gimmicks by Activision to get our money! The developers are obviously trying to duplicate Modern Warfare 2 sales by giving us more of the same. Where is the innovation?
  48. Nov 8, 2011
    i can't help but laugh at all the poor folks that fell for it....once again. i sure hope you all have learned your lesson THIS time around. vote with your wallets people, activision doesn't respond to negative reviews after the fact.
  49. Nov 9, 2011
    The CoD series as a whole needs a re-boot desperately and this is just further proof of it,
    So little has changed from Modern Warfare 2 or even Modern Warfare 1 that this game getting a full release and not some quite little DLC status is sad.
    It feels like all Activision wants to do is milk their cash cow
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    I should start by saying that I don't like the Quake inspired twitch shooter multiplayer of MW3. The slower play of Call of Duty: Black Ops seemed to require much more skill. The difference between the 2 CoD games is something I can't seem to understand.

My issues are with the lobby system that seems like such a massive step backwards from Call of Duty: Black Ops it's criminal. The
    constant pauses while navigating the menus is terrible.

While I'm not the strongest player it's pretty hard to rack up a kill streak when the game constantly seems to spawn opponents directly behind you.

I also take issue with the sounds in the game. Audio options are anemic to those in CoD:BO. Game audio seems to be fine but I can't hear teammates chat unless we start a private party. I can't help but wonder if people shelling out for those Special Edition Turtle Beach headphones are experiencing similar issues.

Speaking of private parties. The fact that you can't join your friends (usually told the game is full) when they are in a lobby show the lack of effort on testing the lobby system.

The multiplayer just feels like a total mess. And since the multiplayer was the very reason for my purchase I can't help but feel terribly disappointed.
  51. Nov 8, 2011
    Excellent if you want an map pack for MW2 @ 60 bucks...right what??? if you played one you played them all repetitive action shoot shoot kill kill run run...no brains really no difference also outdated graphics dated engine...looks 98% ,like mw2. No anticheat features crappy graphics same multiplayer gameplay same old same old its done cod mw had its day now its time to move on. 1.5/10
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    What can i say. Over a year to produce this. Almost an exact duplicate of the others. I'm sorry activision but i can just play modern warfare 1 if i feel like brain numbing shooting. It does deserve a 1 however because it is not treyarch.
  53. Nov 8, 2011
    The critics were paid by Activision to give this game a good rating so none of the critic reviews mean anything. The ones who you should be listening to are us. The consumers. The ones that actually have to save money because we don't have the money to just buy every game out there like those big companies do. And this game ladies and gentlemen, is just awful. Terrible graphics, boring game play (worst than Black Ops), stupid cutscenes and the multiplayer is just the worse part about this game. Save yourselves $60 and spend it on games that are actually worth spending this holiday like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim. Those games deserves your $60, not this. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is not an improvement (barely so, if even) in the series. It instead gives you a worse overall package of last years game. There is no customizable reticles, no customizable emblems, no theater, and no zombie mode, instead just a two player endless enemy mode, with no real innovation that we've seen in other games, just a pathetic attempt to just have it in the game. The story is not boring, but incredibly predictable. There was no real attachment to characters. I didn't really care if "character X" died, just shrugged it off and thought nothing of it. The characters portrayed a poor reaction as well. Forgetting what happened seconds ago, as if nothing happened. Overall, I would say if you are really contemplating on buying this or not, I would say pass. Maybe wait for next years game because there is nothing new we haven't seen here before. Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2011
    Went this morning and got it, been playing it, beat the campaign and multiplayer, and now I am returning it. I actually managed to sell it to a 13 year old's mom standing outside the local gamestop for $65 dollars because they ran out of copies. Suggest waiting a few weeks for all the lag and glitches to come out. Not worth 60 dollars.
  56. Nov 8, 2011
    I liked the first Modern-Warfare. MW2 used the same formula and started to the get boring. But MW3 is the game that Call of Duty series is so overrated, it's 60 bucks MW2 DLC, a copy paste of the same game over and over again. The multi-player is unbalanced and frustating, the single is short (again).
    I played Battlefield 3 beta and I liked, it's a fun game. But I really don't like FPS,
    CoD MW3 is the same game you ever played in 2007. Expand
  57. Nov 15, 2011
    This fame is more of the same awful gameplay. It's glitchy, frustrating, graphically bad (it's technically alright, but the art direction is the same dull, bland feel) and it does NOTHING NEW. It's also horribly overrated and is a magnet for 12 year old kids to bunk off school.
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    A truly deplorable and unsatisfying experience. I feel like I just purchased a rehashed version of Modern Warfare II. As usual, the community is of the worst sort, the bottom of the dregs.
  59. Nov 8, 2011
    What did you guys expect? Way to pay 60-70$ and get excited for some new maps. This is why I enjoy battlefield 3 now. Seems a bit odd that all the critics are giving it such high ratings, very probable they are all getting paid a good amount under the table.
  60. Nov 8, 2011
    Call of Duty is the first person shooter equivalent of fast food. tastes like **** and lowers everyone's standards. There has been perhaps no negative influence greater in the entire industry on first person shooters. The quality of all FPS games from here on out will be lower as a direct result of this game's release. Congratulations.
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    Can't even tell the difference between this and original modern warfare. There's a reason they come out with so many games and so many map packs...its because they want one thing, and it looks like an "S" with a vertical line through it.
  62. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is the biggest waste of money ever I mean its got the same graphics same game play and plus the maps seem so familiar. No one get this game as the al is so s**t and there are so many noobs and campers it just feels like the same game
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the same game as modern warfare 2. Save your money and Just buy that.the I feel scorelike I've scammed. The same predictable slow motion scenes, same multiplayer, lack of maps ass last time. I assume they are just holding the maps to release as 'downloadable content' in order to make more money off us. Shame on meta critic for giving them the score they did.
  64. Nov 8, 2011
    The sound is horrible, the game play is horrible, the fun is negative, the excitement is none. This game is terrible. I loved BLOPS, and MW2, and COD4, they were all great. This game is exactly what a 13 year old on a sugar rush is looking for. Constantly being shot from behind, horrible lag, horrible hit detection. I want my money back. If you check gamestop they will give you $30 in store credit if you return the game before 1/7/2011. I am looking forward to that. Expand
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    Same as it's predecessors. Nothing ground breaking, original or intuitive has been added to this latest outing. Activision really just are selling people the same again with slightly updated graphics. Same old modders, hackers and racist 12 year old kids playing online. Elite is a rip off that is not even working. Spend your money else where on a more deserving franchise that doesn't treat people like idiots. Repackaging the same game every year is not on. Expand
  66. Nov 8, 2011
    It's not that Call of Duty is necessarily a "bad" game, per se. The mechanics are sound, the gameplay is polished, the graphics are good. The problem is they billed it as "the most anticipated game in history" and then gave us the same exact thing as the previous game. No innovation. Crap story. Rehashed multiplayer. No depth. No thought. The only time this game pushes the envelope is when it attempts to be controversial, in what are CLEARLY cheap attempts to grab media headlines - they understand that any attention is good attention in the gaming business. At this point, the so-called "critic" reviews are a joke. They may go through and give you a rundown on the game's faults, realize that the game's good points are few and far-between, only to completely reverse direction at the end and say, without any trace of self-awareness, "9/10." Because god forbid they be blacklisted from reviewing the next mega-hit that the company puts out (which, ironically, is a trend that they are helping perpetuate). At this point, we as gamers really need to step up and take notice of bias in our gaming sites.

We as gamers need to do a lot of things, actually. Most importantly, we have to stop letting them shove media hype down our throats. Is MW3 ACTUALLY bad enough to warrant the zero I give it? No. In reality, it should be more like a three. But we can't compromise anymore. We can't allow constant headlines on IGN to dictate our purchases. We can't allow companies to sell us generic, shallow crap and get away with it. We can't allow companies to copy (more or less verbatim) previous formats and shove them down our throats. It's time that we, as gamers, finally take a little pride for once in our chosen lifestyle and tell the gaming industry that we're not gonna to take it, no, we ain't gonna take it, we're not gonna take it, anymore. Innovation should be celebrated, not labeled as dangerous and used sparingly. And certainly not completely absent, as it is in Modern Warfare three.

So when you're at Wal-Mart, or Gamestop, or where ever, do the industry a favor: Do not buy this game.
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    This is an Expansion of mw2? just a waste, black ops was kind of cool, the more this is looks like exactly the same mw2, a shame! mainly due to the price. there is no innovation or in multi-player.
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    The same recycled trash. Don't even bother buying this game. Same sound effects, same visuals, same models, even the guns are the same. You might wanna play MW2 since its EXACTLY the same game for only $30.
  69. Nov 8, 2011
    One word. BORING. Absolutely boring and has no substance whatsoever. It is just another COD. I feel like I just bought a map pack for 60 bucks. Completely disappointed and if they poop another one out like this I will never buy a COD game again. End of story. I don't even know why I'm giving it a 4.... Like I said, just another COD with no substance that got pooped out for $$.
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    wow this game looks like the same old **** as the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that! Why do they keep recycling this crap like anyone even wants to play this other than little kids! don't buy this game, spend the money on a loved one, or alternatively spend it on bleach to put in your eyes to go blind! That would be a better use of £40!!! Expand
  71. Nov 8, 2011
    This game has been copy and pasted since 2007. The campaign is standard for a game in this series, linear and predictable. Nothing significant has changed in the multiplayer. The quality of the graphics has not changed. Still no full co-operative mode. As a consumer, I am insulted by the lack of innovation that has been made in this series. 4 years is a significant period of my life, spent waiting for something, ANYTHING to happen with this series, that I will never get back. And here I am once again, disappointed with this November's rehash of the game that came out in 2007. Expand
  72. Nov 8, 2011
    Not much different from the last modern warfare. Campaign is just pointless filler. Nothing innovative or new in this game. This is supposedly the end of a trilogy, but i doubt this will be the last modern warfare.
  73. Nov 8, 2011
    I got this game knowing it would be very similar to all CoD games but after playing for about 15 min I honestly felt scammed, its pretty much the exact same game....why an i paying $60 for a black ops expansion? I also bough battlefield 3, and while the game play is similar its greatly refreshed, CoD needs to go outside the box more...I think this will be my last CoD MWF game =(
  74. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm not gunna lie, this game is highly disappointing. Also, I've noticed a trend in all the cod reviews. It's basically paid critics vs user reviewers. Obviously the paid ones are going to give the game a much higher score even though it's **** and the users are going to give the game the score it deserves.
  75. Nov 8, 2011
    >2011
    >Paying full price for a map pack
    >ISHYGDDT

If you enjoy paying $60 for the same recycled crap over and over then feel free to purchase this. At most, this should be a $15 map pack + campaign. Oh wait, this is Activision we are talking about here.
  76. Nov 8, 2011
    MW 3 follows along the same path that the Modern Warfare series has been following the last several years. Lack of innovation in game play, graphics hardly improve over MW 2 (which are pretty poor now), and an extremely abbreviated / convoluted campaign (as usual), leaves me with the feeling that it's time to stop supporting this franchise. Call of duty has been repackaged so many times that it entirely feels stale this time around. Expand
  77. Nov 8, 2011
    Evolution of Call of Duty. Call of Duty: The Start CoD Finest Hour: The Fix CoD 2: The Upgrade CoD 2 Big Red One: The Awesome Multiplayer CoD 3: The First Sack Of **** CoD 4 Modern Warfare: The Game That Made History CoD World at War: The Zombies CoD MW2: The Game That Was Fun For 1 Day CoD Black Ops: The Made You Pissed CoD MW3: The First Game In History That Endorses Suicide

Battlefield 3 anyone?
  78. Nov 8, 2011
    I havent even played this game yet but I can honestly say this game is a flaming pile of **** The campaign looks like a blues clues episode thats been dipped in a homeless guys piss, the multiplayer is the exact same as MW2 except for the fact that it plays like helen keller trying to operate an AK, and the spec ops portion of the game makes me feel like Im playing a laggy session of toon town. I may only be 6 years old, but I feel experienced enough to say that this game doesnt deserve to exist. Maybe I will give this game as a gift to my pet monkey, because not only do I hate my pet monkey, but I know all he will do it use it as toilet paper. Collapse
  79. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is an insult to COD fans, how could they take in so much money and give so little back? They are projected to make over a billion dollars on this game and all they can or are willing to give us is this. What has this industry come too when a game like BF3 trail-blazes with new innovation and cutting edge technology, and receives the same and in some cases lower scores than a game that was sub par 3 years ago. I admit BF3 is too hard for me to get into it too much, but I don't feel blatantly disrespected and insulted as I do with MW3. Shame on you IGN and other reviewers... shame on you. We know what Activision is up to, we aren't all so blatantly and utterly stupid, and we know what is driving these high reviews. It sure isn't the quality of the game. This game is worth a 7, but I'm rating it a 0 in protest of this huge scandal, and because there is no reason why they couldn't/didn't make a game worthy of 9/10 scores. Expand
  80. Nov 8, 2011
    Pretty disappointed that MW 3 isn't simply considered an expansion of MW 2. There is very little fresh content with MW 3. I would strongly argue that the maps I've tried so far this morning have been the worst of the Call of Duty series yet. CoD is still gimmicky as ever.
  81. neo
    Nov 8, 2011
    This thing which you maybe would call a game is horrible, the controls are bad and the same as modern warfare 2 and the singleplayer has a horrible storyline, the graphics are nothing compared to today's standard and the multiplayer is really boring. The sound is low quality and the voices are a great example of bad voice acting. I had more fun playing kane and lynch 2 than this low quality product. The magic of this game is over, future generation will laugh at us for being so hyped for a game this bad. Do not waste your 60 dollars on this piece of s**t! Expand
  82. Nov 8, 2011
    Most overrated game in history of video games for real boring maps same sound effect same 3 years old game copy and paste I believe this is last one from activision cuz they can't milk this **** for too long I waste my money and time please don't waste your money and time I'm not bf3 fun boy don't get twisted I play all cod games but this is it I'm done.
  83. Nov 8, 2011
    Gameplay is a step down. Shooting feels weak, maps don't feel right, animations are cluncky. I don't understand how we are suppose to pay more for this when it is clearly not what we promised when pre-ordering. Single-player game is so boring after just a little bit. Multiplayer is horrible with maps feeling cheap and firing your weapon is no fun.
  84. Nov 8, 2011
    well what can i say , they added a couple of things and resold me mw2 after 2 years i thought they could atleast add real recoil and bullet physics.
    maps are tiny while mp seems to follow the same thing -run -gun-kill -run -gun - die , then repeat.
    this is a war game ? but i still cannot use tanks and so on.
    i loved mw2 but this just feels like they put no effort in at all its as bad as
    EA adding 3 things to fifa year in year out and reselling it. Expand
  85. Nov 8, 2011
    Mordern Warfare 3 is the exact same game with a different name, terrible Campaign that you finish in 3 and half hours, with the most irregular irritating little maps that you literally spawn on your enemy's shoulders. The lack of vehical's and broken class system creates a very very dry and plain expirence. The visuals are still comparable to my Playstation 2, voice acting and sound of weaponary lack any realness in the game. There really is nothing new that this Game does that makes it worth the plastic it uses Expand
  86. Nov 8, 2011
    I have played MW and battlefield games the past few years. I was excited for both this and bf3. So far I have loved battlefield. I have played this for almost 12 hours and can say I am not a fan. It is the same thing I have played forever, looks and it doesn't even feel as good to play. I would say try it if you like past games but don't get your hopes up. I am trading it on craigslist.
  87. Nov 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Have been playing MW3 online for a few hours now and it surprised me that a game I wasn't looking forward to, at all, still was able to... disappoint me. Have seen many of the maps and I haven't felt a presence of a classic map. Running makes you wiggle like a drunk duck, reloading is much quicker than switching weapons. The thing cod "had going for it" was fast fluent game play huh? Expand
  88. Nov 8, 2011
    There's not much to say about the Call of Duty series any more. They have used the same engine for years, the game itself offers nothing to the FPS industry, let alone the gaming industry apart from disappointment. MW3 seems more of a fix for the previous games and to correct the imbalance during online gameplay. If you ignore the statements above and look at the current state of the game it seems they have been aiming more towards the casual audience with more perks for ease of play that will drive some hardcore players over the edge and seeking other FPS games. Expand
  89. Nov 8, 2011
    Why does it feel like 2002 again. I bought this game with the last $60 of my welfare money, got home, only to find that i had in fact gotten Modern Warfare 2.

Well, maybe not, but it sure as hell felt the exact same. With the only addition being a badly scripted campaign full of neckbears that jump out at me from NOWHERE.

It's time to give up the game market Activision, go back to doing
    what you do best, blowing.

P.S i had to wait in a line longer than the dole queue i had subsequently stood in the same day to get this game, and it took me 1 hour to get my copy because they only had one worker on the till and she had the flu.
  90. Nov 8, 2011
    An absolute mess of a game. A complete reslin of mw2 with a bunch of terrible designed, new gamemodes. A cheap, pathetic singleplayer with unnecessary explosions and action and a stupid spec ops mode that could never replace zombies.
    The worst COD by an absolute mile, by far one of the worst games Ive played this year, TERRIBLE!
  91. Nov 8, 2011
    Same old crap, different year. Nothing has changed. The tryhard Machinima wannabes will have a ball with this mess as quickscoping is back. Oh, the joy. Do not believe the hype.
  92. Nov 8, 2011
    Put in the game, went straight to multilayer and it just didn't give the same feeling that mw2 did. Everything felt slow, lethargic and it just felt cheap. Graphics were surprisingly terrible. Everyone things they are not all that bad but battlefield 3 and many other games out there today are miles ahead of this. I was laughing with my friends at how poor a quality some of the textures are. They truly did copy paste almost everything from this game and just painted it a different color. As far as value goes, you are not getting your $60 worth for this game, you pay mostly for graphics when you buy a game and you clearly didn't pay for that in this one. Perfect example of quality vs. quantity, Activision just keeps pumping the games out like a mill and they keep degrading in quality as the years go by. It disappointing too because I used to love god as much as the next guy but I am gonna stick to battlefield for awhile. Time was clearly put into that game unlike this one. I am not a fanboy I am just a smart consumer. Expand
  93. Nov 8, 2011
    terrible game, reused Graphics and buildings from MW2, boring game-play, stupid cutscences, enjoyable to play as a whole, they need to stop making CoD games, PLEASE
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    Before dropping money on this series like I have in the past I went to a friends house to check his copy out and all I can say is i'm glad I didn't buy this year. Most reviews go in depth but i'm going to give you a short but valid reason why it's not worth $60.

It's nothing more than an expansion pack. That series is going no where. Same game engine, same animations and the same sounds.
    Nothing has really changed at all and doesn't warrant a $60 price tag. Just your run of the mill generic FPS which brings NOTHING new or innovative to the table. This game feels like nothing more than an over priced map pack. Press reviews obviously feel differently but i'm a gamer, and from a gamers point of view who actually spends more time with these games than a few hours (such as the press) i'm going to be honest. This game, is garbage. Save your money and buy Battlefield if you already haven't. Expand
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    I've played all the popular modern shooters, and this is the worst of them all. It isn't a "bad" game, but it is 2011 and they are sending out a $60 map pack of MW1. Please, it is pathetic. Nothing innovative or impressing. You can buy this game in the bargain bin at Walmart for about $5.
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    This game deserves no credit at all. Its running on an idea and engine almost 5 years old. If u think thats what ur money is worth, go ahead, but the game is crap and will always be. I think its time to put an end to this very disturbing reality where developers get away with things like these, so please think twice before buying rehashed crap that will only lead to more abusive companies.
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    $60 for new box art? No thanks.
    The problem with this series isn't the number of rehashes, but their frequency. It seems like just the other day MW2 and Black Ops were released and MW3 offers no incentive to even rent the game. RIP CoD
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    Its Modern Warfare 2 with new box art. I guess Activision assumed they could make money buy repackaging the same game. And Hell, they were right! for a company like naughty dog, this would be $10 DLC. theres no where near enough improvement to warrant spending $60. I borrowed this game from a friend thank i God i didnt waste my money.
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'll give this game a 1 for effort. I really shouldn't because the guns, multiplayer, graphics, and perks are all the same. If you want a comparison, it would be like Justin Bieber to me. ITS **** GAY just stop this **** already. Expand
  100. Nov 8, 2011
    I don't like either MW3 or BF3. But the hype between the two, I would say BF3 won it. I played it at my friend's house and I didn't like it. It's the same **** every time for an expensive price. I understand people pay for something because they want more. But you are getting ripped off. You're not getting anything more than swapping textures. My friend wanted to buy me this game, I sadly said for him not to. Expand
  101. Nov 8, 2011

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.