Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360

3.4

1. Nov 22, 2011
    If you want the same single player, the same multiplayer, the same extra modes and the same engine as what was available 3 years before, and $40 cheaper, by this game, but if not, be sane and by a different game like battlefield 3 for a fps, or big rigs for a racing game
  2. Dec 1, 2011
    After spending a couple of days playing the game I can say without any doubt that this could be considered an expansion of Modern Warfare 2, The game is solid, the Campaign is ok and the reviewed perk sistem is a nice addition. Is that enough? I don't think so, year after year we hear about how the call of duty series obliterates record after record in sales. This game in one week hasAfter spending a couple of days playing the game I can say without any doubt that this could be considered an expansion of Modern Warfare 2, The game is solid, the Campaign is ok and the reviewed perk sistem is a nice addition. Is that enough? I don't think so, year after year we hear about how the call of duty series obliterates record after record in sales. This game in one week has profited more than 700 milion dollars, with that much of a profit I think Activision could invest a little more in innovation, making better graphics, bigger maps, adding new variables like ambient distruction or just putting out servers so that we don't lag anymore!
    Another trend that started lately is the lack of free space in a map, why put sniper rifles when there isn't a map built for it, I like snipers, if they're good they help a lot and if they're bad are fun to kill, but bit by bit maps are getting smaller and more crowded every year, with fewer lines of fire, making playing as a sniper impossible.
    My rating for this game is 3, because with all the profits this game could have been so much more than an expansion of it's predecessors
  3. Dec 1, 2011
    This game is absolutely TERRIBLE. The standards for a mainstream FPS has gone down the drain. Treyarch, infinity ward have no standards, and some morons would buy whatever they released. i can't really find anything positive to say about this, so i shall get started on the bad. TERRIBLE graphics, TERRIBLE GENERIC story, TERRIBLE UNREALISTIC gameplay and TERRIBLE combat and weapons. SERIOUSThis game is absolutely TERRIBLE. The standards for a mainstream FPS has gone down the drain. Treyarch, infinity ward have no standards, and some morons would buy whatever they released. i can't really find anything positive to say about this, so i shall get started on the bad. TERRIBLE graphics, TERRIBLE GENERIC story, TERRIBLE UNREALISTIC gameplay and TERRIBLE combat and weapons. SERIOUS GAMERS like myself will be dissappointed and i would advise us SERIOUS GAMERS to steer clear of this unrealistic and terrible game. This game is for beginners and kids, and you can tell just by playing online, with some of the morons that are on voice chat. If you are a SERIOUS GAMER looking for a good FPS this is NOT reccommended for you. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Robert Bowling, you have created a half arsed piece of crap, start listening to what the FANS WANT, not what you think we want you ungrateful ass, we the fans made what call of duty is today.
    I must say the single player is good, but fairly mediocre. But what we all were expected to be brilliant was the multiplayer. you filled us the PC gaming community with hope of dedicated servers, but end up screwing us over again with this pathetic P2P hosting. It gives the players awful latency spikes. quit pretending that this game is the it all and end all. you seriously have to make up with us the gamers and start listening to the community, hey start by making the ranked servers accessible on dedicated servers.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    An unpolished, unrefined, unfun instalment of Call of Duty. Unfortunately, it has an extremely dull plot, which can be finished in a few hours, with no revolutionary graphics or changes to the series or FPS genre. Only the multiplayer redeems itself slightly and even then, it's nothing new.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    For a game that feverishly claims to be the most anticipated title this year, nay, the greatest title of all time, this failed to meet my all already low expectations. The main feature that Infinity Ward relied upon to sell the game, the multiplayer, is still the same as it was when it was implemented in Modern Warfare 2, with a few slight changes and new perks. Not only that, they've alsoFor a game that feverishly claims to be the most anticipated title this year, nay, the greatest title of all time, this failed to meet my all already low expectations. The main feature that Infinity Ward relied upon to sell the game, the multiplayer, is still the same as it was when it was implemented in Modern Warfare 2, with a few slight changes and new perks. Not only that, they've also copied the weapon system from Battlefield 3, despite the fact that MW3 claims to be the greater game. Shameless unbalance, lazy and horrible map design and possibly the most immature community to date (I thought this game was an 18? What are little kids doing on it?). Luckily I wasn't sucked in by the same hype that's been everywhere lately, despite Activision's shameless attempt of trying to gain publicity by leaking the video of the girl getting blown up, and as such I didn't expect much from this game, I was still disappointed however, and feel the only good part of this game is the fact it's the last one in the series. But knowing IW and Activision they're try and shovel 5 more games with less character and gameplay than the last.â Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    There is zero difference to MW2, the game is simply bland and cliche, everything is recycled and you can only release the same game so many times before it just gets stale, the graphics are simply awful, the story is cliche and it as a package just feels incredibly outdated. Time for a new engine.
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    I've been playing CoD since CoD 2. They were all great, fast-paced games that my friends and I loved playing. MW3 is an unfortunate disappointment. It's just a rehashed version of MW2 made to obtain as much profit as they can due to the fact that they know everyone will buy their game, regardless of content. Nothing new or innovative here. CoD4 was revolutionary, MW2 was a great sequelI've been playing CoD since CoD 2. They were all great, fast-paced games that my friends and I loved playing. MW3 is an unfortunate disappointment. It's just a rehashed version of MW2 made to obtain as much profit as they can due to the fact that they know everyone will buy their game, regardless of content. Nothing new or innovative here. CoD4 was revolutionary, MW2 was a great sequel (minus all the multiplayer exploits), but MW3 is just insulting to fans. Go buy BF3 instead if you want a nice change. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll make this simple. What is MW3?

Take MW2, make guns kill twice as fast, and make all maps small. That is MW3.

The maps are the biggest issue. They are small, cramped, cluster**** maps. There is no strategy other than hoping that you see the other guy first.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    this game sucks and im glad real gamerz are speaking up and not letting the control go over to big wigz who think they can popularize a war game making it seem as if youre not with the times or youre not popular or you aint cool if you dont buy n play modern warfare. Its the same game wrapped in a different box trick that theyve been pulling since its first days on the pc. Same 60fpsthis game sucks and im glad real gamerz are speaking up and not letting the control go over to big wigz who think they can popularize a war game making it seem as if youre not with the times or youre not popular or you aint cool if you dont buy n play modern warfare. Its the same game wrapped in a different box trick that theyve been pulling since its first days on the pc. Same 60fps graphics, same level of detail, same types of weapon control scheme, same old corrider style shooter. There is no innovation whatsoever and I believe this company knows real gamers will notice and I believe that is part of what is happening here on metacritic with these MW3 Low user ratings. Leave the power in the hands of gamers and do yourself and the rest of the gaming community a favor. DO NOT BUY this game. Im sure it has great qualities, im sure its fun, but it's the same thing over and over again and I cannot believe how gullible non gamers can be. Last werdz: This GAME SUX DUE TO NO INNOVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! play the original COD from the early 00's and youll see what i mean Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    yes am a bf3 fan boy, but this is not compared to mw3 in any way. Its just a bad, boring game. After 2 hours i traded it in. Campaign too short, on-line is painful, but the other modes are fine but never seen myself going back after one full run-though. MW3 = Money Wasted 3
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    Same game as Black Ops and MW2. Not worth paying for essentially a reskin with new maps. Terrible single player, same old multiplayer, only now we get the pleasure of paying for CoD Elite. Now the dev is begging for better user ratings. (http://www.gamefront.com/glen-schofield-wants-your-help-boosting-modern-warfare-3s-low-metacritic-user-score/) Ha. MAKE A GAME FIRST, NOT JUST ASame game as Black Ops and MW2. Not worth paying for essentially a reskin with new maps. Terrible single player, same old multiplayer, only now we get the pleasure of paying for CoD Elite. Now the dev is begging for better user ratings. (http://www.gamefront.com/glen-schofield-wants-your-help-boosting-modern-warfare-3s-low-metacritic-user-score/) Ha. MAKE A GAME FIRST, NOT JUST A RESKIN. DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Pointless, derivative, rehashed. Instead just buy Black Ops. It's cheaper and literally the same thing. All of you anal agonized peasants that argue this game is good need to take into consideration it's past 3 clones. When you consider the fact that this is the same game, you have to admit that this doesnt really merit a purchase.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Not anything new really. They have just taken somethings form other CoD and bunched them together. Somesay that there are new thing but if you think about the developers have taken it from other games. A new engine and dedicated servers would make the game better and they should try to make it less "arcade-ish". Don't enjoy the maps at all and Survival mode is so blend. The franchise isNot anything new really. They have just taken somethings form other CoD and bunched them together. Somesay that there are new thing but if you think about the developers have taken it from other games. A new engine and dedicated servers would make the game better and they should try to make it less "arcade-ish". Don't enjoy the maps at all and Survival mode is so blend. The franchise is dead to me. Come up with something new god damit! Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    Just Like the annually released sports games, this is nothing new. Game has been the same for the past 5 years. The Single player was decent but too easy on Veteran. MW1 and COD2 were way tougher. Multiplayer was okay, way to fast paced. Slow it down Activision! Halo isnt even this bad. Frame rate was good. Sorry But going to social network sites to ask fanboys to help out your rating onJust Like the annually released sports games, this is nothing new. Game has been the same for the past 5 years. The Single player was decent but too easy on Veteran. MW1 and COD2 were way tougher. Multiplayer was okay, way to fast paced. Slow it down Activision! Halo isnt even this bad. Frame rate was good. Sorry But going to social network sites to ask fanboys to help out your rating on Metacritic is sad! Really Activision? I used to be a fanboy until you ruined this franchise after MW2. FML...I bought the Hardend edition too! Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Save yourself some money and get modern warfare 2, or better yet purchase battlefield 3. This game only feels different to modern warfare 2 not better, same game just somewhere else. To be honest it feels like a retaliation release to battlefield, something that was rushed and wasn't particularly well thought through.
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    I just changed my review text (not the score) to reflect that the producers of this game have posted an article pleeding people to give it a 10 on metacritic to raise its score. that is bs.
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Like has been said many times before, a 60$ map pack. I suppose it was only inevitable that this game would disappoint. It was never going to live up to the hype, without bringing something new and innovative. Sadly, it does neither. Couldn't afford both BF3 and MW3, looks like I made the wrong decision. Going to go trade this thing in and see if I can get a good deal on BF3.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    There was a time when games were praised for their originality and innovation. Call of Duty has lowered the bar. The storyline sucks as does the gameplay.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    I picked this up for a midnight release. Truthfully I wasn't expecting anything greatly knew, but man did they just copy and paste this one. I am terribly disappointed in IW and Sledgehammer for this. This is exactly Modern Warfare 1, just a different title. Terrible buy on my part, don't buy this game.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    This feels like a rehash of a game that has been sold under different names, over and over again. A 5 hour campaign, different maps, slightly different guns and perks sounds like DLC to me - however being sold at the full retail value of a new game. No thanks.
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3? Really this should be called Modern Warfare DLC for MW2 because I don't see that many changes at all the only new thing I see here are the new perks and just some new guns thats all.
    Map of call of duty 4
    Just the same game with other map ...
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    It's MW2.5 .......disappoint me, i be honnest, i enjoyed MW2 more and BLACK OPS too. The story is the same, the multiplayer too, ACTIVISION STOP ! Personnally i prefer BATTLEFIELD 3 on XBOX360.
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    This is what I call a cancer of the gaming industry today. Today the guys only think about to shoot all the time, and Activision is not stupid, she knows it sells, and the idiots buy it, a recycled game with an old engine.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    Man do I feel bad for the horse. IW should be ashamed of themselves for beating that damn horse to death. Glad I rented this craptastic game and didn't buy it.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    same as my pc review and now they are asking fans to make their score higher so that makes me mark my score even lower becasue of that. I think it's crap that they keep making the same game over and over just like starwars.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Terrible game, I feel ripped off. Might as well just call it modern warfare 2 with new, cagey maps. Completely lacks any strategic emphasis. Its a reflex race. Im going back to BF3
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    What should have been a DLC campaign, and DLC maps has instead been released as a full fledged game for $60. If you had played the previous titles expect no different, LITERALLY. The same enviroments have been reused and the same textures and scenarios have been reused as well, and the game's engine hasn't changed since WW Nam. It is LITERALLY the same game. It is insulting that ActivisionWhat should have been a DLC campaign, and DLC maps has instead been released as a full fledged game for $60. If you had played the previous titles expect no different, LITERALLY. The same enviroments have been reused and the same textures and scenarios have been reused as well, and the game's engine hasn't changed since WW Nam. It is LITERALLY the same game. It is insulting that Activision thinks that people should pay for this 4 hour DLC and mappack combo, just insulting. If you want a different MW game, just follow the Madden Rule: wait three years between installments for a different game. Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    They should have done better when they knew they will be facing challenges from BF3, and yet they simply made a game that's extremely similar to their previous title and ask people to buy it? Now even ask user to give them higher rating? Shame on them!
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is just a glorified expansion pack of mw2. Everything feels the same, all they did was change the guns and add some customization features that do not impact gameplay significantly. Even with support killstreaks, the game still promotes camping with the standard killstreaks which are more powerful. Haven't tried the new spec ops yet but this game is supposed to be about the MP.
  31. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of duty is a huge game millions upon millions of purchases. But this games best aspect is its infamous title. Cheap thrills on an old engine with the same child infested multiplayer of cod modern warfare 1&2 and black ops. This game doesnt continue the interesting story of Modern Warfare 1&2 and I am incapable of taking any game seriously from infinity ward. Half of their foundersCall of duty is a huge game millions upon millions of purchases. But this games best aspect is its infamous title. Cheap thrills on an old engine with the same child infested multiplayer of cod modern warfare 1&2 and black ops. This game doesnt continue the interesting story of Modern Warfare 1&2 and I am incapable of taking any game seriously from infinity ward. Half of their founders abandoned this sinking ship of a franchise, why shouldn't everyone else do the same? Expand
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    Feels like CoD 4 and MW2 hashed into one game. That being said, if you don't mind spending $60 for another Call of Duty game, go ahead and buy it. There are still the same problems from MW2 multiplayer: camping, noob-tubes, small underage kids, ridiculous snowball killstreaks, and bad spawning sites. However, the campaign is a bit better than MW2 and harkens back the CoD 4 campaign manyFeels like CoD 4 and MW2 hashed into one game. That being said, if you don't mind spending $60 for another Call of Duty game, go ahead and buy it. There are still the same problems from MW2 multiplayer: camping, noob-tubes, small underage kids, ridiculous snowball killstreaks, and bad spawning sites. However, the campaign is a bit better than MW2 and harkens back the CoD 4 campaign many times. I like this game for the single-player campaign ONLY, which you can complete in about 6 hours. Just RENT it, do NOT buy it unless you want to pay for a bunch of new maps. Also, do NOT buy Elite, it is a waste of money, as well as the new "maps" which will most likely be re-releases of previous maps. Expand
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    complete garbage, same as mw2... and again the ps3 version receives a very inferior port, where they put the millions of $ they profit every year?
    Activision is such a lazy producer
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    esto no es un juego nuevo es solo un dlc del MW2. fui gran seguidor de call of duty desde el ps2 pero es tiempo de cambiar por algo mejor y diferente y esto es Battlefield3
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    If you hate your money, and would like to own a steaming pile of **** inside of a small DVD case, then this game is for you!

This is a horrible game designed for brainless kids. I guess that's awesome if your target audience will shell out $60 a year for the same game.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty is the same game every year with just a new campaign which is real short and haves reused elements from the previous Call of Duty games and just a few new features added to the multiplayer component which never takes a dramatic leap from the previous "cut and paste" Call of Duty game, unlike the amazing creators at Dice which is more focused on quality rather than profits. TheCall of Duty is the same game every year with just a new campaign which is real short and haves reused elements from the previous Call of Duty games and just a few new features added to the multiplayer component which never takes a dramatic leap from the previous "cut and paste" Call of Duty game, unlike the amazing creators at Dice which is more focused on quality rather than profits. The point of my review is to allow people to know that they are being fooled into buying the same game every year for a high price from a company who keeps milking a large franchise for only profits and not to give their loyal customers a quality product, it explains why Modern Warfare 2 is still $60 at retail stores. Plus the CEO of Activision even announced a new Call of Duty for 2012, talk about milking the cow!

So if you want to keep buying a low quality product from a company that only cares about money then go ahead, just know that you are being fooled!
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision once again throws innovation by the wayside in favor of its "winning" formula with MW3. This game brings nothing new to the table, (except for maybe some pretty explosions) and should be thusly treated.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Call of Duty failed this year, not because it is a bad game, but because it doesn't deliver any inovation. The Call of Duty series needs to follow the Battlefield example and stay out of the market for some years, and renovate the franchise... That said, I have no choice but to give a low "grade"... Call of Duty just failed the year.
  39. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 viene siendo la misma tonteria y no pienso comprarlo si siguen llengo asi BF3 les dara en la madre por noobs, mil veces me quedo con mi battlefield que con este juego de porqueria
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    Not only is this EXACTLY the same as the previous games but it has even less variety. Where just about every mission seems to be mowing down hordes of enemies. Even the Spec Ops is like this.

Yes it's polished but there is zero innovation here. Very stale.
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    I created a metacritic account specifically for this review. This review is a bit longer than others, but it goes into more detail. That said, I just hit level 60 (of 80) in Multiplayer.
    MW2 was my first console FPS, and I fell in love with it. After a while though, the online play became more stressful than fun. Quickscoping, One-Man-Army and Marathon/Commando made it feel like I was being punished for wanting to enjoy myself. A year later Black Ops arrived...I was still playing it until the night I purchased MW3. My only issue with Black Ops was the gun imbalance (Famas/Aug/AK74u) and hit random detection, otherwise a fantastic multiplayer game. So here I am with MW3. Unlike BOPS, I'm already getting tired of it... for the wrong reasons. What everyone has said is true, it is MW2 with a couple new perks/weps/maps. ISSUE 1: The largest problem with the game, IMO is the spawn system in relation to the maps.
    The maps are much smaller than MW2/BOPS, and there are multiple ways to travel to a location (great for anti-campers) but this to me is its largest downfall. All the maps have so many turns, routes and drops that when you spawn there is almost an enemy near you at all times. Going for that Assault killstreak? Too bad, someone from the other team just spawned 10 yards behind you, literally as your back is to them. ISSUE 2: The number of levels to progress through is way to high. Why do I need to level up 60-74 levels just to unlock my favorite gun? Oh, there is a Prestige shop for that! Once you prestige, you get a token to â
  42. Nov 10, 2011
    Tried this game out release day. Turned it off and returned it and got my money back after playing 5 games online. It's the exact same firetrucking game as MW2, and not in a good way. There's literally nothing new that changes the gameplay at all. It feels exactly the same as a $60 map pack for MW2. and I bet everyone just can't wait to pay $15 for the their fav MW2 maps lol. absoluteTried this game out release day. Turned it off and returned it and got my money back after playing 5 games online. It's the exact same firetrucking game as MW2, and not in a good way. There's literally nothing new that changes the gameplay at all. It feels exactly the same as a $60 map pack for MW2. and I bet everyone just can't wait to pay $15 for the their fav MW2 maps lol. absolute trash game. Same graphics, same guns, same gameplay. Don't waste your money, go get skyrim, uncharted 3, arkam city or something instead.

this game is an absolute disgrace to gaming. WTF is this where a developer "spends 2 years" on a game, and the only real work required was to think up some new map layouts (which suck)
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    i dont like it because of the lack of any meaningful content and pure use of no inventive story contents and is a base of using the same formula they use in multiplayer not making the content enjoyable for people that arent skilled at the game
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    its a copy and paste of mw2 there is hardly anything new and the graphics terrible waste of money if people stop giving the game such good reviews maybe activision would make a new series of games
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    While this is a "new game", MW3 fails to deliver just about everything that would categorize it as such. Graphically, it is almost exactly the same as MW2, which was still similar to CoD4. Along with graphics, the gameplay is also exactly the same. I'm not saying that they had to make a complete overhaul on the game mechanics, but they could have at least changed the bloody minimap.While this is a "new game", MW3 fails to deliver just about everything that would categorize it as such. Graphically, it is almost exactly the same as MW2, which was still similar to CoD4. Along with graphics, the gameplay is also exactly the same. I'm not saying that they had to make a complete overhaul on the game mechanics, but they could have at least changed the bloody minimap. Honestly, you might as well just keep your copy of MW2, or go play BF3, Skyrim, or pretty much any other game that's releasing this year. Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    It feels like a map pack for MW2. The only differences are extremely basic changes which are to be expected with each new title. (Guns, perks, etc.) It sickens me that this is the most successful game on the market right now, and all IW had to do was slap a 3 on the cover. You are not missing out on anything if you choose not to buy this. "Most anticipated game in history" my ass.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is just not good... it is basically DLC for previous games that also were overrated. If you absolutely need more CoD DLC, then by all means part with your $60. However, your money would probably be better spent elsewhere - Halo, Battlefield 2 or 3, Half Life 2, Team Fortress, Gears of War, Killzone - basically any other good shooter is more worth your time and money than this drivel.
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    This is the same game fourth time around. Next to nothing has changed since COD 4's release in 2007. MW3 is just not worth its 60$ price tag. If this game was an expansion pack to MW2, I would gladly purchase it. Even if they had just made it a 40$ game, It would be better.
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    reason i like halo and gears? more health the guns can all be much more different when you have to fight for them on the map rather then just start with what you want, also cod offers very little innovation. but first and foremost is activision they are just greedy for the best selling game for years they offer little to fans they never have sales on its games map packs never drop inreason i like halo and gears? more health the guns can all be much more different when you have to fight for them on the map rather then just start with what you want, also cod offers very little innovation. but first and foremost is activision they are just greedy for the best selling game for years they offer little to fans they never have sales on its games map packs never drop in price, halo lowers price on old map packs epic just said free maps are on the way but 2-3 year old cod maps? still full price Expand
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    I can't believe Glen Schofield is begging for positive reviews. Shameful. A game should get a positive review or negative review based on the merits of the game, and the opinion of the reviewer. These are just opinions from individual consumers, nothing more. I consider this game a 4-6. I was disappointed by lack of innovation, but did enjoy the conclusion to the story. But for theI can't believe Glen Schofield is begging for positive reviews. Shameful. A game should get a positive review or negative review based on the merits of the game, and the opinion of the reviewer. These are just opinions from individual consumers, nothing more. I consider this game a 4-6. I was disappointed by lack of innovation, but did enjoy the conclusion to the story. But for the developer to ask for positive reviews is absurd. Hence, zero. Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    Looks, sounds, and feels like MW2... didn't bother to re-record any of the sounds or re-design any of the interfaces. They swapped out a few weapons, included new maps, and tweaked killstreak mechanics slightly... but it's largely the same game.

To top it off, the $50 ELITE service is unusable. I feel like I wasted $110.
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is just more of the same. I couldn't stand the singleplayer. It's like I had already played everything in there before and they ran out of ideas (shocking right?) and they even took the idea of the no gravity section from Killzone 3. Go buy Uncharted 3 instead of this steaming pile of dog dump.
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    This game franchise is like the Transformers of videogames. They think by adding cliche plot twists and explosions the game is somehow better. In reality, it's the same rehashed garbage that gets more stale and less fun at each iteration. Not only that, but the player base consists of the lowest common denominator of humanity. It really tells you a lot about the game. I'll never understandThis game franchise is like the Transformers of videogames. They think by adding cliche plot twists and explosions the game is somehow better. In reality, it's the same rehashed garbage that gets more stale and less fun at each iteration. Not only that, but the player base consists of the lowest common denominator of humanity. It really tells you a lot about the game. I'll never understand why this garbage gets hyped so much. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    Same game engine from 4 years ago, forgettable campaign story, and same old multiplayer. This is not a game, this is just a $60 game add on to CODMW2. Graphics are embarrassing and virtually no improvements at all in the past 2+ years graphically. Story is just a lot of explosions and curses, it feels like a really bad Michael Bay movie. Scripted firefights, unimaginative levels, andSame game engine from 4 years ago, forgettable campaign story, and same old multiplayer. This is not a game, this is just a $60 game add on to CODMW2. Graphics are embarrassing and virtually no improvements at all in the past 2+ years graphically. Story is just a lot of explosions and curses, it feels like a really bad Michael Bay movie. Scripted firefights, unimaginative levels, and extremely short campaign. Multiplayer has no dedicated server and is nothing but dropped hosts, glitches, and lag. Besides kill streaks which are completely useless in some classes there is nothing new in multiplayer. This is a not a game, this is an add on Expand
  55. Nov 11, 2011
    What a ripoff ..its MW2 with the worst hit detection of any COD EVER and honestly ...did the took any time to design the maps ???? soap boxes poorly designed
  56. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not the same Call of Duty that I came know and love. Multiplayer maps are all about close quarters now which a real shame (remember overgrown?). Singleplayer is absolute trash. The game just feels too fast as well. I understand that the game is suppose to be all out war, but my god does every mission have to have explosions and over the top set pieces? It's stupid how Sledgehammer thought it would be moving to kill off every single character (except Price by the end). Whats sad is that i didn't feel sad or mad even though I've been playing Soap for the past two games. MW2's Ghost and Roach death scene was at least descent. I just felt no emotional attachment here. Because every level is all about racking up bigger explosions, there doesn't seem to be a single moment of quietness or intensity like "All Gillied up" or "Shock and Awe" Call of Duty died when Activision sucked the life out of Infinity Ward where most of its development team left. I was really looking forward to wrapping this up story up, but it left me cold and disappointed..... Cod 4 was like Black Hawk Down. MW3 is like a mindless Michael bay movie with no substance. Expand
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    I ws so looking forward to MW3 it was scary... And now that i've played the multi player i wish that i'd bought Skyrim instead and i don't even like RPG's The maps are predictable, the spawning takes the piss and the kill streaks have no imagination what so ever.... It's that bad i don't even want to try the single player game because i dont want to end up smashing my game pad of the wallI ws so looking forward to MW3 it was scary... And now that i've played the multi player i wish that i'd bought Skyrim instead and i don't even like RPG's The maps are predictable, the spawning takes the piss and the kill streaks have no imagination what so ever.... It's that bad i don't even want to try the single player game because i dont want to end up smashing my game pad of the wall I can honestly say that Infinty Ward and Dumbhammer games have ruined the MW franchise once and for all In reality it's just like a movie sequel the 1st one or two are good and after that all the companies are doing is passing out crap to the hard working public.......... DO NOT BUY THIS COMPLETE AND UTTER DONKEY... Expand
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    Activision can shove mw3 right up there you know what. You have so many fans who love call of duty and you make an identical game because you know it will sell millions of copies no matter what. Activisions Bobby Kotick is a greedy idiot who ruining the game industry. I will never buy another cod game since there are game developers out there that deserve better like Naughty Dog.
  59. Nov 11, 2011
    it's funny that this game has not a single negative critic score but loads of negative user ones. well it's the users who are spending thier hard earned money on this 2011 version of COD 4. i swear i guessed many of the moments in the single player before they happened. yeah the actions ok but it's all the same as before. the multiplayer is still over hyped and buggy which leaves me withit's funny that this game has not a single negative critic score but loads of negative user ones. well it's the users who are spending thier hard earned money on this 2011 version of COD 4. i swear i guessed many of the moments in the single player before they happened. yeah the actions ok but it's all the same as before. the multiplayer is still over hyped and buggy which leaves me with nothing more to say. DONT BUY! Expand
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    I grew up in the 80's and I used to love Police Academy movies, then they released Police Academy 4 - Citizens on Patrol, which tried a bit too hard, but was still entertaining. As a stand alone product, it would have probably been taken much better, but us fans were hoping for a lot more. After that, there was absolutely no point to those movies, except to make money.

BLOPS was a lot

BLOPS was a lot like police academy 4 - the start of on the fence, derivative, 'lets do this for the money' kind of stuff. Even if the COD series hadn't been to vietnam before, others had (many years before) and they'd done it better. And now we have MW3. Which, is entertaining for sure. A solid COD game. And its always nice to get new maps for multipalyer. And if MW3 had only been the 5th game in the series and the year had been 2009, then I'm sure it would have been considered one of the greatest FPS's of all time. But its not. Its been 2 years since MW2 and we the same thing with slightly different environments and new singleplayer. Imagine if Apple re-released the i-phone 3 in 2011 with 2 new case colours...

I've got enough COD games in my closet andd on't get me wrong, I love dusting them off occasionally, but this game is the 7th in the series and it brings nothing. In my opinion, its time for the series to die.
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    More and more each year, the publisher start to care less about the hardcore gamer (who got them here in the first place) & more about $ signs. This is Modern Warfare 1.9, everything is the same as Modern Warfare 2 apart from weapons , which still kinda feel the same but just look different. The maps are new but worse in my opinion.
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    The review I was going to write was going to be longer than 5000 characters, so I am just going to list the positives and negatives of this game.

Positives:
    â
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    Let's start with facts: - same old and limited engine which makes grapchis look like s*it
    - no remarkable progress with the single or multiplayer (they seem like the previous cod games)
    - infinity ward is charging people too much compared to effort put to the game ( reasonable retail price would be about 25 dollars) - making commercials which distort the image what the real game actually
    - making commercials which distort the image what the real game actually gives like the live action commercial
    - and all the 12-year-old kids who play the game are making the multiplayer experience even worse

Overall i can't give mw3 a positive rating neither any points cos' infinity ward has **** up cod series so bad. They should actually put effort to the game. Start from point one and make a whole new concept!
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    All I can say is that I was incredibly disappointed with this game. Call of Duty 4 was a major leap forward for gaming, but with its two sequels Activision and Infinity Ward are just running the series into the ground. MW3 is a major letdown because it is basically a carbon copy of MW3. The campaign is the same Michael Bay-esque plot of explosions, predictable plot and more explosions. TheAll I can say is that I was incredibly disappointed with this game. Call of Duty 4 was a major leap forward for gaming, but with its two sequels Activision and Infinity Ward are just running the series into the ground. MW3 is a major letdown because it is basically a carbon copy of MW3. The campaign is the same Michael Bay-esque plot of explosions, predictable plot and more explosions. The multiplayer is the same playing ground for the American 12-year old who knows more swears and slurs than you do, ripe with their camping, glitching, tea-bagging and all that other jazz on maps that gave me an enormous sense of de ja vu as if I'd played them before. The only redeeming qualitys I could find is that it's (hopefully) an end to a trilogy and that achievement hunting in MW3 is as easy as ever. That's worth at the most one point. I do not recommend this to anybody who takes their gaming seriously. (Unless of course they're in it for the gamerscore.) Expand
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    Not that happy with Acti(no)vision with this. Being a big fan of all FPS's I was really hoping for some really big changes, which may I add is the impression that myself and a lot of other people got. For me it is just MW2 re-named, I mean I will still play the game and it has its moments but the reason for the really bad score is just because there no real "creativity" which is a real let down.
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    Same 'ol song and dance...It's horrible to see such a great franchise turn into something horrible. Of course it's all about the money on this one: X-box bundles, headsets, keyboards, mice, etc... It's amazing what little effort was put into the game and still grabbed as much cash from all the fans that were let down... =(
  67. Nov 11, 2011
    I feel completely ripped off. IT IS THE SAME GAME AS MW2 WITH SOME SLIGHT TWEEKS. Good thing I didn't actually pay money for it my trade ins covered the cost but really? The kill streaks are awful now and its confusing with the different types of kill streaks. Everyone who bought the game basically spent $65 on an expansion pack for MW2. I have an idea.....wait three years, create aI feel completely ripped off. IT IS THE SAME GAME AS MW2 WITH SOME SLIGHT TWEEKS. Good thing I didn't actually pay money for it my trade ins covered the cost but really? The kill streaks are awful now and its confusing with the different types of kill streaks. Everyone who bought the game basically spent $65 on an expansion pack for MW2. I have an idea.....wait three years, create a game that will have lasting potential (like MW2 did) and stop putting out garbage. Infinity Ward is laughing their way to the bank with this one. Awful. Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 = MW2 map pack. Sure, MW2 was fun like three years ago, but as much money that goes into the COD franchise, can you really justify reusing textures and objects from a game that came out years ago? No. Same multiplayer experience that lets a complete noob run around and think they're good, while frustrating those with skill.
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is basically a $60 map pack for MW2, and i can't respect that. I've bought every other cod game before this, and loved them...but this one just felt like the developers were cashing in more than ever, without any effort.
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    Infinity ward is nothing without its old personels.everybody knows that.I love MW1 & MW2.but mw3 does not anything to do with those two.it is a horrible lose for infinty ward.
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    i kept on hoping this game would change things. but i am utterly dissapointed by it. this is a DLC not a full game. enough said, i have wasted enough time on this 'thing' already.
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    I am neither a Battlefield nor a COD fan. I play games that are entertaining and appealing to me. MW2 was fun and entertaining; I loved it! Black Ops, for me at least, was neither. When I loaded up MW3, I thought, "Hmm... Looks exactly like MW2. Same menu system, same menu options..." Once I loaded up the first mission, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. It's the same game! Sure the charactersI am neither a Battlefield nor a COD fan. I play games that are entertaining and appealing to me. MW2 was fun and entertaining; I loved it! Black Ops, for me at least, was neither. When I loaded up MW3, I thought, "Hmm... Looks exactly like MW2. Same menu system, same menu options..." Once I loaded up the first mission, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. It's the same game! Sure the characters and gun models are sharper, but it feels exactly the same! I tried spec ops and multiplayer, same thing; it's nearly exactly like MW2! I don't know how all the critics can say "Infinity Ward continues to push the limitations and capabilities of yada-yada..." It's the same darn game! So what if you add a few new perks and class abilities. That does not change the game fundamentals. This series has grown old and stale. I want innovation and that "wow" factor MW1 brought. This game is not worthy of the 6.5 million copies sold. Rent it, and you will agree. Expand
  73. Nov 11, 2011
    It's sad really. This game is total trash and rehash and I don't think I've seen such a hyped game that was this bad. MW3 really sucks and you really should stay away from it. Boring maps, rehashed guns and a load of whiny 10 year olds asking their mom to make them food. What's even sadder is how IF and Activision have been reacting to reviews like these. â
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    same old song and dance my friends , i cant believe they just keep putting out the same exact game year over year over year why cant boby kodikd stop being such a **** head
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 takes the winning cod4 formula and dumbs it down further even than MW2, which is actually impressive given that MW2 was designed for people with the attention span of an amoeba. The developers consistently pander to the lowest common denominator of shooter fan, no skill required, no learning curve just mindless run 'n' gun action. Tiny flat maps, complete counters to the smarter playMW3 takes the winning cod4 formula and dumbs it down further even than MW2, which is actually impressive given that MW2 was designed for people with the attention span of an amoeba. The developers consistently pander to the lowest common denominator of shooter fan, no skill required, no learning curve just mindless run 'n' gun action. Tiny flat maps, complete counters to the smarter play styles, ridiculous aim assist (Why bother aiming? That might give you a sense of satisfaction, just let the game aim for you), a story which is an insult to the intelligence of anyone who has played through all the games (Though I don't think the average fan has the necessary intelligence to recognize the insult) and so on and so forth. Probably a lot of fun, if you've had a partial lobotomy or you just seem like you have, otherwise this probably isn't the game for you. Expand
  76. Nov 11, 2011
    Yes, this has slick voice acting and likeable characters, but in terms of gameplay, it's the same game I've bought twice before.

Maybe MW2 and MW3 should have been campaign expansion/map packs for MW1! That would have been superb. Say $20 for that as downloadable content, instead of $50 as retail, where a staggering 30% goes to the shop, and a further 15% on distribution/manufacturing anyway!
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    Like many others before me this is MW 2.5, same old same old! Time for Activison to scrap the formula and give gamers something fresh - think of some new ideas for multilayer just don't steal from other games, not surprised after the infinity ward clear out, Respawn will deliver the true COD successor
  78. Nov 11, 2011
    Back in 2007, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare came out. Though it did not offer any never before seen features, it blended together many features of other games for the first time (at least for console gamers). It also had an amazing campaign-no other shooter had been set in the present (or twenty minutes into the future, if you must). Fast forward to 2011. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Back in 2007, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare came out. Though it did not offer any never before seen features, it blended together many features of other games for the first time (at least for console gamers). It also had an amazing campaign-no other shooter had been set in the present (or twenty minutes into the future, if you must). Fast forward to 2011. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out. What does it bring? The exact same gameplay. A hokey, Michael Bay-esque campaign that I beat in less than seven hours. An aging engine. Zero innovation. It is sad that people buy these people waste their money every year on what basically amount to expansion packs. Save your cash. Buy something like Skyward Sword, Skyrim, or Batman: Arkham City if you must buy a video game. If you must play Call of Duty, just play an older one. You're not missing anything here. Call of Duty became the Madden of first-person shooters years ago; this title cements that status. Expand
  79. Nov 11, 2011
    It's frankly sickening that developers are able to get away with this pathetic practice. There's nothing else to say - the blind sheep will buy it, and the ones with any sense of free will or dignity will put their foot down for once. The gaming industry needs to understand that this is simply not ok.
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is too much like Black Ops (which I dont care for) and not enough like Modern Warfare 2 (which I loved). Overall, I doubt I will play this game very much.
  81. Nov 11, 2011
    There's an old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That's generally good advice, but it doesn't mean you get to call something "new" when it's obviously quite old and showing. In an industry as competitive as entertainment software, it's hard to imagine that the people at Activision and Infinity Ward could feel proud of a product that (by their own admission) recycles the veryThere's an old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That's generally good advice, but it doesn't mean you get to call something "new" when it's obviously quite old and showing. In an industry as competitive as entertainment software, it's hard to imagine that the people at Activision and Infinity Ward could feel proud of a product that (by their own admission) recycles the very same technology from the last game in the series.

It goes without saying that Activision has surrendered any notion of "value" and "quality" to Electronic Arts and the "Battlefield" series!
  82. Nov 11, 2011
    Here's my take on MW3. Although there is nothing wrong with the game I can't find any true strong points, the multiplayer is the same as before but with a handful of new guns and a DLC's worth of new maps. However the problems with multiplayer are still there, yes it's still a fast paced shooter but that's mainly due to the close quarters maps which only require players to use smgs toHere's my take on MW3. Although there is nothing wrong with the game I can't find any true strong points, the multiplayer is the same as before but with a handful of new guns and a DLC's worth of new maps. However the problems with multiplayer are still there, yes it's still a fast paced shooter but that's mainly due to the close quarters maps which only require players to use smgs to dominate. I also found that the game can lean to much towards camping at times with too much focus on players getting kill streaks even with the new kill reward system. As for the campaign it continues from where it left off in MW2 in medias res, i feel that this is a little bit of a let down as new players unlike myself my not know the story. The AI system returns although against such titles as gears of war 3 and uncharted 3 it feels a little bit too cheap with the AI relying on using grenades to kill you and feels a bit robotic. As for the level designs they remind me a bit of gears of war 1 with many of the level involving moving down a street, stopping to kill some people in front moving to the next group with no real player ability needed to beat the game. Unless of the grenade spam difficulty (veteran). The new survival mode is good fun though much better in my opinion than the rather dated zombies, this mode can be a blast with a friend although hampered by the AI again. To conclude this game is feeling a bit dated and has less new content than Halo: ODST, think of it not a a new game but as an expansion pack like the change from fifa 11 to 12 or madden 11 to 12. Nothing new, but nothing truly broken from year to year. If you are going to buy this game then I suggest that you buy it second hand save your self some cash and wait for the patches to roll out. Thanks for reading. Expand
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    You played in 2007, then again in 2009, now the same thing again? It's amazing that this game sold six million copies day one. But one thing still comes to mind: IW/Sledgehammer, y u copypasta old games?
  84. Nov 11, 2011
    just plain boring, the story was dull, spec ops is fun for a bit and the multiplayer is exactly the same as mw2 just some new perks and upgrading styles not worth the time really
  85. Nov 12, 2011
    A really bad Game like Black ops and Modern Warfare 2.
    Graphics are from 2005, same lame Gameplay, nothing has changed.
    but then, there are coming 20 DLC's .. and guys 1 DLC will be cost 15 Dollars, so.. 300 Dollars for all DLC's .. what the **** and i think they will be sale the old maps from black ops and modern warfare 2, whatever.. next year there coming black ops 2, another fail..
    A really bad Game like Black ops and Modern Warfare 2.
    Graphics are from 2005, same lame Gameplay, nothing has changed.

and modern warfare 2, whatever.. next year there coming black ops 2, another fail.. 500 people are
    working on call of duty, and miss the old ip's .. thanks call of duty to destroy bizarre creations and
    true crime..

buy another first person shooter game, and not this! you can buy modern warfare 2 if you like it, its the same
    game, with same graphics and same gameplay..
  86. Nov 12, 2011
    An absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different toAn absolute mess of a game, (using the word 'game' here seems a bit of a stretch). Unbalanced multi-player which is essentially MW2 with slightly different maps, keeping none of MW2's strengths and all it's weaknesses. The single player doesn't fare much better either, it's another 'OH NOEZ MUSLIM TERRORISTS ARE GOINGZ TO BLOW UP AMERICA'. Not thought provoking at all, not different to previous games at all. Expand
  87. Nov 13, 2011
    This game really should have been DLC for MW or MW2. It is literally the same game. If you've played the previous entries you'll immediately recognize a few things: death (and pretty much all player) animations, weapon/explosion sounds and even some of the weapons and player models themselves. The engine for the game wasn't amazing to begin with and now they're just cheating their loyalThis game really should have been DLC for MW or MW2. It is literally the same game. If you've played the previous entries you'll immediately recognize a few things: death (and pretty much all player) animations, weapon/explosion sounds and even some of the weapons and player models themselves. The engine for the game wasn't amazing to begin with and now they're just cheating their loyal fanbase out of $60 every year. That is NOT good for business. Congratulations on your run but it's over. Expand
  88. Nov 14, 2011
    I'd like to take the high road here and not try to troll. Yes i play BF3,yes i have played MW3. I just find that MW3 is not a complete sequel. It barely pushes the innovation. I think that the developers are to scared to change anything, because of the fact that so many people have come to love the COD franchise. I find this game really boring, that's just me. that's why i have to giveI'd like to take the high road here and not try to troll. Yes i play BF3,yes i have played MW3. I just find that MW3 is not a complete sequel. It barely pushes the innovation. I think that the developers are to scared to change anything, because of the fact that so many people have come to love the COD franchise. I find this game really boring, that's just me. that's why i have to give this game a 3. It does little to change the formula and it's just not fun. FOR ME. And to me, a game needs to be fun and this game is just plain boring. I'm sorry IW, you have fallen. I remember when you used to have such pride in your games, and it reflected. Now, i just don't know. Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    Whats happened to this series?pure dirt.
    I been a fan of the series since day one and this one tries to hard to force "EPIC" on you in every level!!!!
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    I started playing CoD with the original for the Xbox. I didn't get back into it until Black Ops due to a bunch of my friends poking at me until I bought it. I absolutely loved it. I went back and played MW1 and 2 as well as WaW as soon as I could get my hands on it. I had MW3 preordered as soon as it was announced. I haven't been this disappointed in a very long time. It feels like nothingI started playing CoD with the original for the Xbox. I didn't get back into it until Black Ops due to a bunch of my friends poking at me until I bought it. I absolutely loved it. I went back and played MW1 and 2 as well as WaW as soon as I could get my hands on it. I had MW3 preordered as soon as it was announced. I haven't been this disappointed in a very long time. It feels like nothing more then an overpriced DLC pack. While Spec Ops is very fun the multiplayer, where most players will spend the next year, seems to be rushed. It's grainy and glitchy. There are times where it feels like one bullet with kill you even when you aren't playing hardcore. Then when you watch the killcam you see that you were shot 5 times and it didn't register until that last bullet. The music is as douchey as the over-hyper developer that you could see the entire camera crew through his reflective sunglasses.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtRa4z0dt8k ). The multiplayer experience just seems like it was ignored for other portions of the game due to the fact that they knew that players were going to play it no matter what it was like. Not a single MP map is unique in any way shape or form. The section of the CoD games that everyone loves is nothing more then a turd that wasn't even polished. I really didn't expect to put my controller down so fast. Thank God Zelda is around the corner with a 10/10 from IGN. Expand
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    If you've played MW1 or 2, you've played this. Except you'll have no idea what you're running into on the online battlefield. More children than you could ever imagine, more people afraid to die that they'd rather sit in dark corners on the ground and patiently wait for your dumb ass to run in and get shot. I don't know who did the bulk of MP, Sledgehammer or that god awful new IW, I don'tIf you've played MW1 or 2, you've played this. Except you'll have no idea what you're running into on the online battlefield. More children than you could ever imagine, more people afraid to die that they'd rather sit in dark corners on the ground and patiently wait for your dumb ass to run in and get shot. I don't know who did the bulk of MP, Sledgehammer or that god awful new IW, I don't care, what matters is their term of balancing means make everything so powerful that it really doesn't matter what you use. Find your favorite gun and use it because frankly, it doesn't take more than 2 or 3 shots with any weapon. Kill streaks are boring, the menus are the same, the weapons are the same, I swear the maps feel like remixed versions of MW1+2 maps. No creativity, just another hungry cash grab. I trusted Activision with my money and got ripped off, they got my end, so the least I can do now is warn people away from making the same mistake to make them think that pulling this stuff on their loyal customers is okay.

DON'T BUY IT, PLEASE GET SKYRIM.
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    I'll make this short and sweet. If you loved Modern Warfare 2, you'll love this map pack, you really will. It's nothing more than that, and frankly, the maps themselves are almost entirely awful. The two new modes are fine, with Team Defender being the better of the two. Does this game deserve a "0"? Probably not, but the fact is that it doesn't innovate in any way. Kill ConfirmedI'll make this short and sweet. If you loved Modern Warfare 2, you'll love this map pack, you really will. It's nothing more than that, and frankly, the maps themselves are almost entirely awful. The two new modes are fine, with Team Defender being the better of the two. Does this game deserve a "0"? Probably not, but the fact is that it doesn't innovate in any way. Kill Confirmed feels like a ripoff of Crysis, and Team Defender feels like a variation of King of the Hill. Graphically, this game is no big deal at all. I honestly hope that people come to terms with the fact that reviews from the major gaming sites are bought and paid for, because this game could ONLY be considered a 8.9 if it hadn't already been made two years ago, when it was called Modern Warfare 2. Anyone who considers this as even a contender for Game of the Year is delusional. This is nothing more than an example of a video game publisher who is out to make money off of a successful franchise. There's nothing wrong with that, unless you promise your fans something new, and in this case, there's nothing to see here. Expand
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    Funny how Glen tweets for mercy to get more positive reviews after charging $60 for a map-pack and another $50 for Elite. I guess MW employees are not affected by the recession and not really care about their fans who are normal people who work normal jobs or who have parents who have normal jobs who live in a time of recession. After playing MW3 I can honestly say "If you have playedFunny how Glen tweets for mercy to get more positive reviews after charging $60 for a map-pack and another $50 for Elite. I guess MW employees are not affected by the recession and not really care about their fans who are normal people who work normal jobs or who have parents who have normal jobs who live in a time of recession. After playing MW3 I can honestly say "If you have played one MW game, you have played all MW games which is pretty sad", considering Activision wants gamers to pay $50 for the same stuff you already bought from them before. Been playing since MW2 so you can't say I have not been a fan. I honestly loved the series the first time I laid eyes on it but now you just milking your fans. Maybe you thought its ok to charge gamers $50 for every thing that you come out with, but sorry to burst your bubble but you got competition with BF3. Which has better graphics, realism, physics, more vehicles, better sound, better strategy and best of all it all cost paying $50 once for the game and for elite service. Now that's what I call a great deal. You could have improved your sound or your aging graphics to compete with next gen games and still keep your so called fast pace game and reward oriented formula but no you were too lazy to do that too. I honestly hope you make a COD game that is worth shelling $50. Expand
  94. Nov 14, 2011
    If you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence aboutIf you put mw2 and mw3 side by side, you would not be able to tell the difference. Its still just the same recycled game that came out in 2007. Graphics are very dated, this does not look like a 2011 game. Multilayer is nothing new, get a few kills then call in an airstrike and boom you're done. Single player is a laugh, I don't even want to talk about it. If you are on the fence about getting this game, don't bother, waste of time and money. Expand
  95. Nov 14, 2011
    The days of innovation and an immersive and engaging single-player campaign are truly dead. This game might make more money, but it is an insult to mention this 2-minute rehash in the same vein as the true greats like Halo, FEAR, Doom 3, Killzone 2, the original Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal, Riddick Butcher Bay...and I could go on. With this 'game' (and I hesitate to call it that) you basicallyThe days of innovation and an immersive and engaging single-player campaign are truly dead. This game might make more money, but it is an insult to mention this 2-minute rehash in the same vein as the true greats like Halo, FEAR, Doom 3, Killzone 2, the original Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal, Riddick Butcher Bay...and I could go on. With this 'game' (and I hesitate to call it that) you basically watch an in-game movie 95% of the time, tackle QuickTime events 4% of the time, and the remaining 1% of the time you actually get to shoot AI-challenged and infinitely respawing enemiesâ Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    I've had Thanksgiving turkey naps last longer than the single player campaign did, but at least after those I wake up feeling refreshed. The multi-player is still nicely polished and remains a benchmark for online play, but these cookie cutter releases are rushed out so often that it's too embarrassing to be caught playing it. There's a reason Grand Theft Auto and Elder Scrolls don't whipI've had Thanksgiving turkey naps last longer than the single player campaign did, but at least after those I wake up feeling refreshed. The multi-player is still nicely polished and remains a benchmark for online play, but these cookie cutter releases are rushed out so often that it's too embarrassing to be caught playing it. There's a reason Grand Theft Auto and Elder Scrolls don't whip out new releases every year. It takes time to put out a quality product. After all, you get what you wait for. And with MW3, I feel like I waited in line for Justin Bieber tickets. Expand
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    I bought this game on release day and regretted it to the point of trading it the next. The single player campaign is a lightgun shooter such is the feeling of control you have over the events on screen. Its a game for people who never play games as it makes them go "oooooooooooooooooh that went bang......ooooooooh im sliding down a hill." Come on and wake up people. You cannot failI bought this game on release day and regretted it to the point of trading it the next. The single player campaign is a lightgun shooter such is the feeling of control you have over the events on screen. Its a game for people who never play games as it makes them go "oooooooooooooooooh that went bang......ooooooooh im sliding down a hill." Come on and wake up people. You cannot fail anything in this game. its ridiculously simple. But hey we buy COD games for the online right?. Correct. However the online is so laggy and completely unbalanced its ridiculous. Riot shields. helicopter convoys. This game is just so full of cheap exploits its ridiculous. I loved COD 4 as it felt fresh and unique at the time. However this particular COD deserves nobodies money. It feels like DLC for MW2.What a massive dissapointment. Expand
  98. Nov 15, 2011
    Pretty much a bad DLC to the game Modern Warfare 2 with maps the same size as the epic games Call of Duty 4's Shipment. Also everything is so nerfed, its literally a 3 noobtube kill even that I dont use it.
  99. Nov 15, 2011
    mw3 this game is just a copy of mw2 , how many time do we have to play the same game over and over , same gunfights . This is just ridiculous that some people still play this game. There is a complete building which is copied from the last game ie mw2 . Enemies just respawn over , they didnt cared for their lives in call of duty 1 and they still dont care if they live or die , what amw3 this game is just a copy of mw2 , how many time do we have to play the same game over and over , same gunfights . This is just ridiculous that some people still play this game. There is a complete building which is copied from the last game ie mw2 . Enemies just respawn over , they didnt cared for their lives in call of duty 1 and they still dont care if they live or die , what a terrible AI . Dont waste ur money on this game , its not worth trying. Expand
  100. Nov 15, 2011
    Single campaign is a bit absurd but quite good. This is also too short. But the rael dissapointment for me is multiplayer. This is like DLC for MW2. I prefer M0H 2010 or Homefront. I didn't recommend MW3. Sorry ...

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.