3.3

1. Nov 18, 2011
    I think its only fair to compare this to other Call of Duty games. I began playing COD4 Modern Warfare years ago and thought it was a good game but it wasn't enough to get me away from Halo 3 at the time. Modern Warfare 2 came along and blew me away. I was really excited about Black Ops but in comparison to MW2 it was a horrible game. Black Ops took away many of the things that madeI think its only fair to compare this to other Call of Duty games. I began playing COD4 Modern Warfare years ago and thought it was a good game but it wasn't enough to get me away from Halo 3 at the time. Modern Warfare 2 came along and blew me away. I was really excited about Black Ops but in comparison to MW2 it was a horrible game. Black Ops took away many of the things that made MW2 great. All the weapons seemed to be vastly under powered and it felt like it took 10 rounds or more to get a kill with an assault rifle. On to MW3. If you enjoyed MW2 you will be annoyed by a number of things that they either took away or split up so you have to decide to have parts of what you would have had. For example, I used to use Slight of Hand Pro as my first perk in MW2. It gave you faster reload, faster swapping weapons and faster ADS (aiming down sights). In MW3 you can have Slight of Hand as your first perk but you only get faster reload and faster swapping weapons. If you want faster ADS you have to choose Quick Draw as your second perk. We'll come back to this in a minute....

In MW2 I used to have a shotgun as my secondary. MW3 followed Black Ops lead in not allowing a shotgun as a secondary. The only way that I can have a shotgun along with my assault rifle is if I choose Overkill as my second perk which allows me to carry a second primary weapon. So, do I choose Quickdraw for the faster ADS or Overkill for my secondary shotgun? Other aspects include some things I miss and others I don't. -In MW3 they added a lot of sway to your gun when looking down the sights, more than what you would experience in real life. In MW2 if you aimed at something it wouldn't sway even a pixel (which I loved).

-I don't miss Commando (as I never used it and would always get frustrated that someone would lunge 15 feet to stab me).

-I do miss Stopping Power because I feel like it takes too many rounds to kill someone. -I do miss the fact that Scavenger won't allow you to pick up more Claymores. -I have mixed feelings about not having OMA (One Man Army) because of all the people that used it to keep reloading the grenade launcher. I would use it on occasion to replenish ammo on a Scar-H that didn't have much ammo to start with or to replenish Claymores. -Explosives are WEAK! (especially the grenade launcher)

-Maps are horrible! MW2 had so many multiple level buildings and maps with open spaces. MW3 just uses corridors with multiple entrances and it makes it feel claustrophobic.

-Spawning placement is horrible. It seems like every time I kill someone I immediately get shot in the back. Every time I spawn I feel like I get to shoot an enemy in the back. I thought I was crazy at first but my friends mentioned the same thing and then I read other reviews on here mentioning the same issue.

This game feels more like Black Ops than another Modern Warfare although its no where close to as bad as Black Ops. I told myself I would level up and give this game a shot. I just hit level 80 and I'm going to continue to level up a few more weapons but I feel myself wanting to return to MW2. Hope this helps!
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    THIS REVIEW IS STRICTLY BASED ON THE MULTI-PLAYER ASPECT: Outside of new maps and a few new perks and guns this game is pretty much like all the others. Some big key points is like Black Ops they lack proper servers. Their ability to balance is lacking bad. They went from grenades, claymores, and rockets of all forms from being over powered to being less than effective. AllTHIS REVIEW IS STRICTLY BASED ON THE MULTI-PLAYER ASPECT: Outside of new maps and a few new perks and guns this game is pretty much like all the others. Some big key points is like Black Ops they lack proper servers. Their ability to balance is lacking bad. They went from grenades, claymores, and rockets of all forms from being over powered to being less than effective. All they had to do was take away the extra explosive damage perks and it would have been fine. Certain perks and heartbeat sensors and knifing still beats a gun add an unrealistic feel to the game. If they wanted to take this game to the next level they should have teamed up with Bungie and added the vehicle element to the game on multi-player. The knifing mechanic should be like battlefield where you have to sneek up on them and knife them in the back. Seriously how would a person getting drilled with bullets while running at them still have the force to knife someone. You might as well add the halo sword into the game. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    Crap, Crap, Crap and Crap. This game is MW1.3. BF3 is a lot better, or even just get Skyrim. I thought this was going to be ok but i was worng..... It is stupid, same as CoD 4/MW2. Get a different shooter guys :)
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    MWF2 in a "new and improved" package. Give me a break. I didn't buy the game for the multiplayer as I prefer team based gaming you get from Battlefield. If you're going to cry about how large the maps are and how you can't get 20 kills in 5 seconds, then we don't want your lame ass playing anyway. I bought Black Ops and never finished it. Prolly won't finish MWF3 campaign either.MWF2 in a "new and improved" package. Give me a break. I didn't buy the game for the multiplayer as I prefer team based gaming you get from Battlefield. If you're going to cry about how large the maps are and how you can't get 20 kills in 5 seconds, then we don't want your lame ass playing anyway. I bought Black Ops and never finished it. Prolly won't finish MWF3 campaign either. MWF3..meh. I have more fun playing with my inflatable sheep. Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2011
    How do you spell Dialed In? = Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Save yourself some money and just keep playing Black Ops. It feels (and looks) exactly the same!
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    I specifically created a metacritic account just so I could let other people know the dissapointment that is modern warfare 3. First off I think it is incredibly tacky and absurb that someone from their company had the nerve to beg people to give it better reviews on metacritic, there is a reason your game is getting so many bad reviews, its a horrible game. The campaign was interestingI specifically created a metacritic account just so I could let other people know the dissapointment that is modern warfare 3. First off I think it is incredibly tacky and absurb that someone from their company had the nerve to beg people to give it better reviews on metacritic, there is a reason your game is getting so many bad reviews, its a horrible game. The campaign was interesting and entertaining, but I beat it on hard and found all the intel within 12 hours. Spec ops is actually the best part of the game. Again, all the missions I have beaten withing 12 hours and now I am working on the survival mode. There is a decent amount of replay value at the survival, but in no way will you be able to play as long as a zombies match, and personally i find zombies to be more entertaining. This leads me to the multiplayer, wnich is the reason I bought the game, and where I expect to get my value for the game. I cannot stand to play the multiplayer. They have taken steps back from mw2 and black ops. Every map is extremely similar. Quick scoping is back, 2-3 bullets gets a kill with any gun. The assault killstreaks barely can get kills since everything is indoors. And the support killstreak has a stealth bomber which is overpowered and will end anyone who is using the assault packages streak. Its not enjoyable, I bought the hardened thinking i was going to log countless hours, and after less than 20 i cant stand to even play more than 1 game. Save your money. They tricked me but hopefully someone else will save themselves from buying a terrible game. Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2011
    What do you get when you take a great thing, dilute the hell out of it over the series of about 3 more games, then charge for it the same price as the original great? MW3. I give this a four and not a zero because a zero is just kind of ridiculous. If a game starts up at all, it at least deserves a one. The main reason this gets a four is, it's not just kicking a dead horse, it's kickingWhat do you get when you take a great thing, dilute the hell out of it over the series of about 3 more games, then charge for it the same price as the original great? MW3. I give this a four and not a zero because a zero is just kind of ridiculous. If a game starts up at all, it at least deserves a one. The main reason this gets a four is, it's not just kicking a dead horse, it's kicking it's ashes at this point. Expand
  8. Nov 19, 2011
    MW3 shows evidence that Activision and IW have been severely impaired by the loss of Camp, Zampanella and the better half of IW's staff. It appears as though the rest of subsequent COD releases will suffer from "Treyarch Syndrome" which includes a lack of innovation and a franchise greed driven by the publisher, Activision. I would boycott Activision and EA, however, they own much of theMW3 shows evidence that Activision and IW have been severely impaired by the loss of Camp, Zampanella and the better half of IW's staff. It appears as though the rest of subsequent COD releases will suffer from "Treyarch Syndrome" which includes a lack of innovation and a franchise greed driven by the publisher, Activision. I would boycott Activision and EA, however, they own much of the gaming world so I would be left with few games to play. Kudos to Bethesda and Rockstar for keeping their integrity (so far) in publishing only reputable developers and for their active involvement in developing themselves.

R.I.P. Infinity Ward
    Shame on Activision
  9. Nov 19, 2011
    Have u seen how dated the graphics are. Everything is the exact same. Its a $60 map pack. Activison is just milking the Call of Duty series after all. People get ready for the next 6 map packs in a 2 months!
  10. Nov 19, 2011
    Crap, this is buggy and terrible and should never have been released. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Shame on the company and shame on this game for bothering to release this waste of a game!
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    This game really feels like a expansion map, the old graphics are back, the same gameplay is back, almost everything is back.
    What you can do now is save all your stats and so you can show it to your friends. Really? This call of dutys are getting worse for every year that is going, not wonder, they keep releasing a new call of duty every year. REMEMBER GUITAR HERO? this is what their company is making with call of duty. no thanks.
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    If you can not afford MW3 DONT WORRY you actually might of owned an early copy of it! its called MW2!!! What a huge failure! The huge problems that were in the MW2 were not changed at all and with the graphics not even being any better DONT waste your money.This Game sucked! The single player, multi player, and anything else is the same. They couldn't even change the split screen mode.If you can not afford MW3 DONT WORRY you actually might of owned an early copy of it! its called MW2!!! What a huge failure! The huge problems that were in the MW2 were not changed at all and with the graphics not even being any better DONT waste your money.This Game sucked! The single player, multi player, and anything else is the same. They couldn't even change the split screen mode. Right now when you play survivor mode the split screen does not cover up the screen but a portion of it in order to display the maps .... dumb
    4 player split screen (One of the most fun features) was still dumbed down and nothing added to it. People want to be able to play with there friends on the couch and what better way to do that then 4 player split screen. Well MW3 has that but nothing that keeps us playing. Survivor mode was stupid, only 2 player split-screen? really? IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO SH!T OUT GAMES THEN ATLEAST MAKE THEM FUN!
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Terrible. Used to love COD. They have actually made a worse game than Black OPs. MW2 is a better game in EVERY respect. Put some effort in next time please developers...
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    I give this game a 0 because it is doing absolutely nothing for the gaming industry. You have remarkable games out there like skyward sword, skyrim, battlefield 3, and dark souls that all put a tremendous amount of original content and then you have this game that is effectively the same game as mw2. You want this game? get one of the earlier CoD games because this game is nothing new.
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    After much thought i decided to join the mass protest taking place over this game. I dont own bf3, or hate cod, im actually quite the cod fan. Mw2 is one of my all-time favorite games, i must have played that for the better part of a year and a half. From a fun perspective this game honestly isnt that bad,but since it plays almost exactly the same as mw2 thats not a surprise orAfter much thought i decided to join the mass protest taking place over this game. I dont own bf3, or hate cod, im actually quite the cod fan. Mw2 is one of my all-time favorite games, i must have played that for the better part of a year and a half. From a fun perspective this game honestly isnt that bad,but since it plays almost exactly the same as mw2 thats not a surprise or anything. To put it as bluntly as i can: they cannot release a game that offers minor changes to perks, killstreaks and maps and simply slap a 3 on the box. This is mw2 with minor changes, yet for some bizarre reason costs as much as a "new" game. I do not give this game a zero to be an **** i do it for the series own good. This series MUST adapt to survive. It is no longer acceptable to release half baked rehashed games over and over again. Get your house in order activision, or eventually the money faucet that is your annual november cod release is in jeopardy. Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    More or less MW3 was just about exactly what I expected; The exact same multiplayer I've been forcefed since MW2 with the no technical improvements, more useless perks, and more unbalanced killstreaks, and the blandest offering of guns yet. So they just can't seem to one-up themselves since COD4 sure the multiplayer formula works, its addictive, and fun until you start getting s****ed on,More or less MW3 was just about exactly what I expected; The exact same multiplayer I've been forcefed since MW2 with the no technical improvements, more useless perks, and more unbalanced killstreaks, and the blandest offering of guns yet. So they just can't seem to one-up themselves since COD4 sure the multiplayer formula works, its addictive, and fun until you start getting s****ed on, but it would be nice to see some major improvements other than the ridiculous killstreaks and just making old pro-perks an entirely new perk now, some, if any groundbreaking originality would be nice two sequels later (from IW). The maps are finally back to how they used to be no more of the huge sightlines and too many spots to go prone in so its not a heaven for skill-less, hardscoping, thermal-loving snipers (not that I'm a pro sniper) good old close encounters and still plenty of open space to run around in is the foundation for good maps in my opinion. I would say these are the best launch maps seen in any cod game (treyarch or IW) since cod4, and just about all the game modes are playable on every map, something I haven't seen for a while in the cod series.

As for the campaign its nice to finally see the conclusion to the MW "story" if you can even call it that but this was absolutely, by far the worst campaign I have ever played in the cod series and ive played all cod's since cod2 all the way through MW3. The campaign missions are all so repetetive; follow the squad leader through this linear war-torn street while the enemies just run out to their slaughter from the left side to the right one by one and go to the same spots they ran to the last 15 times you played this mission. The whole war-torn street thing gets kind of old by the 4th mission thats not task force 141 (they're missions actually are okay but still much of the same, 3 guys killing 1,000,000 stupid mofos that get in their way and no matter how surrounded they get they always make it out just about unscathed.

All in all if your looking for the same good ol' time we've been forcefed for the 5th time now since cod4 then go ahead and buy it I don't blame you I borrowed it from a friend for about a week and now im convinced i actually want to buy it just because I actually enjoy the multiplayer for the first time since cod4. But by no means is this game worthy of even being whispered in the GOTY race it just doesn't change enough, even though it is nice to actually see some of the rampant hacking that quickly overtook and destroyed mw2 gone, the game just doesn't offer a deffinitively new experience like cod4 did back in '07. And just because I would personally like to see some dramatic change or at the very least some new groundbreaking aspect that reinvents the series and the genre it helped bolster instead of riding the same wave of success, and also I want to send a message to the developers and producers that somethings gotta give and we deserve some change for the good eventually after pouring out $60 every year for basically a title update to cod4 the game to me really deserves a 6.5/10 but for the sake of attempting to send a message I'm giving it a 0 on here.
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    Well to be honest, the game itself provides the entertainment that hardcore Call of Duty fans look for in their First Person Shooters. The fast paced action and entertainment is present throughout the game. However, this critically acclaimed game lacks any ingenuity. The single player campaign is the only difference between this installment of the Modern Warfare series and itsWell to be honest, the game itself provides the entertainment that hardcore Call of Duty fans look for in their First Person Shooters. The fast paced action and entertainment is present throughout the game. However, this critically acclaimed game lacks any ingenuity. The single player campaign is the only difference between this installment of the Modern Warfare series and its predecessors. At most, this game could be an expansion map pack or some other form of Downloadable Content. Only a few new guns and no new gameplay styles have been introduced, thus providing a subpar sequel to the series. Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is a copy and paste of last years version. There is no real new gameplay or add ons. Its just a new addition to the continued story. The story seems like it was called in. No real thought or creativity to it. With all the great games to come out this one isnt a must buy. Go play Arkham City or Uncharted 3 instead.
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    Have you played COD before? Yes? Then you have played this version of COD before also. Utter cr@p. This is just Activision mugging retards for their money, every year. I'm sure this game will make loads of money, and decent development studios will continue to suffer because people are not playing their games. If you are 12 and have no brain, then by all means play this abortion.Have you played COD before? Yes? Then you have played this version of COD before also. Utter cr@p. This is just Activision mugging retards for their money, every year. I'm sure this game will make loads of money, and decent development studios will continue to suffer because people are not playing their games. If you are 12 and have no brain, then by all means play this abortion. Otherwise, go play Battlefield 3. Expand
  20. Nov 20, 2011
    Look at what this video game industry has become today. Quality is no longer present. It is all greed. For those of you who actually find this game enjoyable, all the more power to you. Ignorance really is bliss. I pity you. Activision won't get a single dollar from me until this entire franchise is trashed.
  21. Nov 20, 2011
    I rate this one an 8 because of what it is and what I expected out of it. It's the same old same old, and that's what I expected. I only picked it up because I have friends who play it and I thought it would be fun to play.
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    Ok as a fan of the COD series, favorites being COD2, MW, Black Ops. I am not a fan boy, meaning I want the series to do well and continue to improve but I will not defend it and give it a perfect score just because I have to try and justify my purchase, or feel that I must defend it because I feel im being attacked by hatersor because it's apparently cool to hate on the cod series butOk as a fan of the COD series, favorites being COD2, MW, Black Ops. I am not a fan boy, meaning I want the series to do well and continue to improve but I will not defend it and give it a perfect score just because I have to try and justify my purchase, or feel that I must defend it because I feel im being attacked by hatersor because it's apparently cool to hate on the cod series but the whiners keep purchasing it. So here goes my honest review of MW3. It's terrible, save your money, your not missing anything that you have not played before. literally exact same thing as previous games but somehow far worse

Graphics - 4 out of 10 Who cares about looking at graphics if your not having fun. which neither the campaign or multiplayer is. however taking the time to look around they are nothing spectacular and in someways worse than previous cod titles definatly far behind other games that are currently out now

Audio - 2 of 10. this being played on a 750 watt 5.1 surround system using digital optical out. I hate throwing this out there because I don't care for the battlefield series but audio quality compared to just other games is bad. Compared to what is perhaps the best audio of any game in history / battlefield 3 and even bad company 2. MW3's audio may as well be 8 bit NES stereo sounds.

campaign gameplay -2 out of 10 was there a campaign? 4 hours and its over. most of it completely lackluster and other parts so over the top it makes it lackluster. it only gets a 2 because IW was brave enough to kill off a character

And Finally for the meat and potatoes of all COD titles the multiplayer. 0 of 10. You've played other cod titles you've played this one. what makes it so bad though is it's complete lack of innovation and the completely unoriginal, boring clusterfks of what they call maps. Previous COD titles and im only referring to COD2 and MW had great multiplayer maps that became fan favorites. This stopped once IW started to copy treyarchs idea of no spot is safe map ideas. I love sniping in cod games or at least I did until everyone started to believe that quick scopping is fun and a legitimate tactic. which is pretty much what started the downfall of the cod series at least for me. I cant remember the names of the cod 2 maps. but they had awesome sniping maps where you could battle other snipers across the maps. from 3 story buildings and farmhouse silos with only 1 access to those sniping spots. and MW's overgrown and a few other maps that were great for sniping.

Then treyarch came along and started making these maps that sure may have had a upperstory window but with such a narrow viewpoint or a tree sticking in the way that it made them terrible spots. combined with throwing random objects in the way. but that's just for sniping.

perks are rehashed and even some of the fan favorites are gone. added with over the top, to many to count killstreaks and what is now the BS support package where you streaks don't reset upon death and everyone just guns for juggernaugh or osprey. this series has become stale and utterly rediculous so much so it's unplayable. for fans who have wanted a great cod since MW. sorry to say you will be stuck with MW. and blackops is still a great 2nd choice even though they are maps made by treyarch.
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is garbage cut, copy and paste waste from the Activision money machine. I want my money back. I can't believe I have to pay a monthly fee for something I've had since Halo 2 for free.
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    Just another $60 map pack here. Might be worth picking up if your a sheep and pay for the exact same thing year after year. There is no other series out there that people put up with total laziness from the developers why do it for COD remember what they did to tony hawk.
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is turning in to the Madden franchise. Call of Duty 4 one of the greatest games of all time. This game does nothing for me. Garbage heart beat monitors???? WTF
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    Unbelievable how the same exact game we played years ago (COD: Modern Warfare 1) gets extra levels and they name that same game COD: Modern Warfare 3. Then they slap a 60 dollar price tag on it an sell it as new. Hopefully now, after literally almost every single user review is a 0 or 1, the publisher and developers of this tittle get the massage.
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    MW3 had its work cut out trying to be half as good as its brother MW2 and it did not try as hard as it should have the multiplayer is not half as addicting as MW2 and gets boring after 1 to 2 hours of gameplay the maps are horrific and the campaign is twice as bad within five minutes it seems like you have been playing for hours. all in all it is a waste of £40 - Xbox360Critic
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    Unfortunately, Activision has turned this franchise into a yearly sports series. The gameplay is almost completely unchanged, the maps are dull and uncreative, the weapons, perks and killstreaks are almost all recycled from the previous games and the campaign is a 3 hour explosion.
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    It continually gets worse and worse, and Modern Warfare 3 is no exception. It is by far the worst installment in the entire Call of Duty franchise, even more disappointing than Black Ops. There's really not even a reason to go into detail about it. Nearly every aspect has taken a dive compared to Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2. It's more of the same, and even less impressive.
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    My review is based solely on the multiplayer aspect alone on the XBOX360. I am sure the single player is going to be another well written short(10 hours) story. For me personally I get my enjoyment( or lack there of since MW2) from the MP side. What I do not understand is how arrogant a company can be with the lack of releasing the most complete game they can. There has not been a publicMy review is based solely on the multiplayer aspect alone on the XBOX360. I am sure the single player is going to be another well written short(10 hours) story. For me personally I get my enjoyment( or lack there of since MW2) from the MP side. What I do not understand is how arrogant a company can be with the lack of releasing the most complete game they can. There has not been a public beta for COD since WaW. When you possess the most played game on xbox and you do not tap your customer base for early feedback and testing you are foolish. Even if some of the people dont report bugs/glitches you could bet your ass there would be tons of youtube videos with step by step guides as presently. So that brings us to what I view as MAJOR problems for the multiplayer side of the game :

1) Lag --> Between the last 2 releases of the series as of right now a low gross estimate on $$$ is 1.5billion dollars....Instead of being proactive with this monster of a earner. Activision and their studios repeatedly spit in the faces of the consumers by not having dedicated servers. God forbid they divert at most 50million of their profits(a one time budget cost factoring in equipment, employees to upkeep for 10years ) to make the best experience for their customers. 2) Glitches --> Numerous upon numerous glitches, map exploits, kill streak exploits....It drives me insane that these were out within just 3 days of release. I have to ask who the **** was doing QA for IW/Sledgehammer? If you dont want to have a beta for your game fine, that is your prerogative. But don't you feed me **** about "How proud you are of your company's job well done on the game" aka Glen Schofield. Your people should be ashamed of the **** that made it out and we are only 13days in. If you don't have a beta you damn sure should have had these things patched up before the product shipped. 3) Team Killing in Hardcore modes --> I have no qualms at all about friendly fire when it happens, as a SnD players it makes it even more strategist in my opinion. However when you afford these idiots the ability to pull a rocket out and kill the entire team round after round with no repercussion, are you f@#@##@@### kidding me?!?!!??!?!?!?!? This was an issue in 4...Once again what the hell were YOUR employees doing Glen????; how is this not know pre launch or let alone resolved 13 days later. Activision, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and now Sledgehammer do their customers an enormous disservice year after year and I personally have had my fill of it.
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    The same re used piece of **** that was Modern Warfare 2. More than 50% of the textures in the game are taken directly from MW2. The campaign is predictable and boring. Multi player is the same unrealistic gameplay that was in MW2. Just stop with COD already. You lost me after Cod 4.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    mw3 doesnt feel the same without its 2 co founder. i was dissapointed and did not find the game satisfying. every year would be the same thing again and again
  33. Nov 21, 2011
    The multiplayer was really poor and disappointing. With what the technology out there today i expected alot better graphics and a better character enhancements. Playing the game it feels rushed it felt this was more about making money rather then making a great game. The layouts are so retro and horrible to look at, with black ops you could create how you want your emblem or title it wasThe multiplayer was really poor and disappointing. With what the technology out there today i expected alot better graphics and a better character enhancements. Playing the game it feels rushed it felt this was more about making money rather then making a great game. The layouts are so retro and horrible to look at, with black ops you could create how you want your emblem or title it was down to your imagination what you created. The elite service aint even working yet with on week 3 of release still cant access a service we paid extra for. MW3 has got more campers then before more nubetubbers and more overpowered guns which spoils the experience. The guns themselves are so big and chunky i feel is this really necessary just to kill someone. Luckily for myself there has been other big titles released so i have put mw3 down and not had that desire to play it anymore. Role on next years release Expand
  34. Nov 21, 2011
    GtmPhantom Nov 21, 201110 I've been playing since COD4 and like many others i considered myself a fan. However Black-ops was almost unplayable based on the connection problems it was clear Host would win then as many others felt Mw3 would revive the series it feel short. Mw2 offered freedom in the maps, i see a box, I jump on it. Mw3 takes away your freedom of the maps and throws you intoGtmPhantom Nov 21, 201110 I've been playing since COD4 and like many others i considered myself a fan. However Black-ops was almost unplayable based on the connection problems it was clear Host would win then as many others felt Mw3 would revive the series it feel short. Mw2 offered freedom in the maps, i see a box, I jump on it. Mw3 takes away your freedom of the maps and throws you into a race track like setting with invisible force fields around seemingly accesible places. I even feel like the Co-op was very lazy and it all seems very half ass... The maps have way to much going on to really do anything in it, it's all very cramped and crowded and overall it feels like a poorer version of Mw2 ... As always with Cod their are a few very over powered guns that should have never made it past testing ( Obviously not.. Mw2: 1manarmy noobtubes/ mw3: Type95 and really any Sniper rifle ... ) I've learned that Activisions attempt to claim their more like COD 4 was trying to say less is more and in this case their was less and it was not more. This fan is done with COD Expand
  35. Har
    Nov 21, 2011
    If you are looking for a FPS game this year choose BF3. This game is simply a cut and paste of MW2. Unfortunately, COD will ride this one trick pony until the end. Please spit out another COD in Nov and add 3 guns. Can't wait!
  36. Nov 22, 2011
    the campain was ok, but way too short and pretty much relies on set pieces to keep people interested, i have only played spec ops 5 times but can honestly say iv never really enjoyed it. when i first played multiplayer i loved it but after a day it just got boring, should have just been a map pack for mw2
  37. Nov 22, 2011
    If you want the same single player, the same multiplayer, the same extra modes and the same engine as what was available 3 years before, and $40 cheaper, by this game, but if not, be sane and by a different game like battlefield 3 for a fps, or big rigs for a racing game
  38. Nov 23, 2011
    SUXXXX......Stop making the same game every year! It's the same crap every time........! How long can Infinity Ward reproduce the same plot with the same character with the same multiplayer. It's absolute robbery if you ask me!!
  39. Nov 24, 2011
    In all honesty I approached this game with some skepticism. I loved Modern Warfare, but absolutely loathed Modern Warfare 2. A friend convinced me to buy the game, however, and after a couple weeks with the game my impressions are as follows:

Campaign: Like Modern Warfare 2, it is pretty short. I beat it on hard (not veteran) in about 5 hours.The story is a bit more coherent this time around, but I still feel nothing for and could care less about any of the characters. The scenery makes you feel like you're showing up after something totally awesome just happened, while the game guides you down a series of rails on turret guns half the time. "Meh" is really the only word to describe the experience. At best, the campaign is serviceable.

Competitive MP: What a **** I thought MW2 was bad. This... this is something terrible. There is no shortage of frustrating WTF moments when watching kill cams. Perks ruin any semblance of balance. Killstreak rewards leave out any hint of fair competition (juggernaut suit, seriously?). The MP feels like I'm playing tag at an elementary school. Every map is a circle that has a pathway cutting through the middle; it just has a different coat of paint. Speaking of paint, the color scheme in the MP is awful. Each map picks a color and focuses on it which leaves everything just sort of blending together incoherently at medium to long distances. I know that it doesn't seem worth griping about, but stare at the screen long enough and it gets annoying. If people wanted evidence of copying and pasting, look no further than the MP. The dialog and voices are taken straight out of MW2. The sound files are literally pulled out of MW2. The MP constantly rewards you with trinkets to make you feel like you're progressing. I don't like that so much. If I'm doing bad, let me know. Don't tell me I was the best at falling from high places and surviving or spending the most time aiming through my scope. Tell me what I did that caused my team to lose. Don't try and make me feel good about things that don't matter.

Co-op MP: The new survival mode is fun enough, but it doesn't do anything better than other games that offer similar modes. I can see myself going back to that mode for some fun with a friend, but why is it limited to two players when every other game out there offers a minimum of four? The same with spec ops. The spec ops mode is the same as MW2. It's fun for one play through, but there really isn't much point after that in my opinion. And the two-player limit is disappointing. I was hoping for bigger ops with more players. But it didn't deliver in that regard.

Overall: People say the game is solid. This is true. A shooter that runs at 60 FPS consistently is hard to come by on a console these days. But, I would happily take a hit in FPS for more visual spice--some aspects actually look graphically worse than its predecessor--and improved animations (which are awful, by the way). The game engine is showing its age. I have a 1996 Subaru with 200,000 miles on it. It works. It gets me where I'm going. I fix it up and keep it working. But eventually it's going to die, and I wouldn't pay premium price for it. The same with this game. For that reason it's taking an additional hit on the overall score I would give it. This game is not a $60 game plain and simple. It's an expansion pack. While I do consider games art, I also factor in value. Modern Warfare 3 doesn't deliver on either front.

Also, this isn't about BF3 vs. MW3. Modern Warfare 3 is bad REGARDLESS of Battlefield 3. Not because of it. It's just a game that falls on the higher side of poor.
  40. Nov 25, 2011
    Well I am a fan of both the Battlefield series and the CoD franchise, but I have to admit that this was a sad money grab on the part of Activision. I prefer both series in their Second World War settings, but I understand how the modern world lends to unpredictable story outcomes. This was insulting though. Black Ops repackaged and dressed up with the MW2 stories. Just look at some timingWell I am a fan of both the Battlefield series and the CoD franchise, but I have to admit that this was a sad money grab on the part of Activision. I prefer both series in their Second World War settings, but I understand how the modern world lends to unpredictable story outcomes. This was insulting though. Black Ops repackaged and dressed up with the MW2 stories. Just look at some timing between MW2 and MW3, then look at BF2 and BF3. Even if you space between the franchises most recent titles (Black Ops and Bad Company 2) Dice clearly has the advantage of rational development pace. Both MW3 and BF3 have their own faults and strengths, both had horribly cliche ridden single-player that could have been left out for the sake of polished multi-player. Sales for both games assure us a bright future of recycled, unimaginative, laugh-at-the-consumer titles. Those of you who keep buying these half-assed products will only make it worse. Send a message; stop buying these games. Expand
  41. Nov 25, 2011
    Well, were should I start at . Lets see, um the single-player was better than MW2, It had some good moments IMO; Survival was OK, at least it was better than the zombie crap that Treyarch milked the hell out of with the retarded map packs every few months or so; And well,.............. F**K it. I HATE THIS GAME; First, the SP is better than MW2 but I still hate it, but on a positive noteWell, were should I start at . Lets see, um the single-player was better than MW2, It had some good moments IMO; Survival was OK, at least it was better than the zombie crap that Treyarch milked the hell out of with the retarded map packs every few months or so; And well,.............. F**K it. I HATE THIS GAME; First, the SP is better than MW2 but I still hate it, but on a positive note it was funner than BF3 SP, effing quick time events, oh were was I; Second, Spec-Ops Survival is OK, but the missions my god are F**king Terrible, when playing them on Vet. they are the frustrating thing to do in the world, you die once you have to start a 5min mission all over again, even on Co-Op they still suck; And finally the Multi-Player, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK, WHAT THE HELL, YOU GUYS SAID THAT THIS WOULD BE A LOT THAN MW 2, BUT GUESS WHAT, THEY LIED. NO CAMPERS, THEY RIGHT; THERE WILL BE NO OP GUNS, LIES, PP90, TYPE 95, UMP, SCAR-L, AND THE ACR, THE ACR; THE MAPS WILL NOT BE CAMPER FRIENDLY, LIES LIES LIES; FFA WILL FAST PASED AGAIN, MOTHER OF ALL LIES; NO NUKES THIS TIME, M.O.A.B. MOAR LIEK M.O.A.L.,..................................................................... sorry about that, it just that I get really angry when talking about mw3 MP, so overall don't and don't get this game, I got it the hard way by playing $100 for it, yes $100, don't give activision more of your money, use it on something else like food, gas, water, etc. Expand
  42. Dec 25, 2011
    This game should have been called Recycled Warfare 3, or Copy Pasta 3. Campaign of this game is copy paste buildings of COD4. Multiplayer is a copy paste of COD4+MW2. Spawns are ridiculous, and Spec Ops isnt even fun. The HUD, weapons and sounds are copy paste of MW2. If you want to copy paste your money on this ridiculous game, go for it. Otherwise get COD4, the only COD game which isThis game should have been called Recycled Warfare 3, or Copy Pasta 3. Campaign of this game is copy paste buildings of COD4. Multiplayer is a copy paste of COD4+MW2. Spawns are ridiculous, and Spec Ops isnt even fun. The HUD, weapons and sounds are copy paste of MW2. If you want to copy paste your money on this ridiculous game, go for it. Otherwise get COD4, the only COD game which is worth playing. To the millions of people buying and supporting this game, congratulations, you guys are the ones that make these devs get millions of dollars while they just copy paste. And I guess you want more, right? Expand
  43. Dec 1, 2011
    After spending a couple of days playing the game I can say without any doubt that this could be considered an expansion of Modern Warfare 2, The game is solid, the Campaign is ok and the reviewed perk sistem is a nice addition. Is that enough? I don't think so, year after year we hear about how the call of duty series obliterates record after record in sales. This game in one week hasAfter spending a couple of days playing the game I can say without any doubt that this could be considered an expansion of Modern Warfare 2, The game is solid, the Campaign is ok and the reviewed perk sistem is a nice addition. Is that enough? I don't think so, year after year we hear about how the call of duty series obliterates record after record in sales. This game in one week has profited more than 700 milion dollars, with that much of a profit I think Activision could invest a little more in innovation, making better graphics, bigger maps, adding new variables like ambient distruction or just putting out servers so that we don't lag anymore!
    Another trend that started lately is the lack of free space in a map, why put sniper rifles when there isn't a map built for it, I like snipers, if they're good they help a lot and if they're bad are fun to kill, but bit by bit maps are getting smaller and more crowded every year, with fewer lines of fire, making playing as a sniper impossible.
    My rating for this game is 3, because with all the profits this game could have been so much more than an expansion of it's predecessors
  44. Dec 1, 2011
    This game is absolutely TERRIBLE. The standards for a mainstream FPS has gone down the drain. Treyarch, infinity ward have no standards, and some morons would buy whatever they released. i can't really find anything positive to say about this, so i shall get started on the bad. TERRIBLE graphics, TERRIBLE GENERIC story, TERRIBLE UNREALISTIC gameplay and TERRIBLE combat and weapons. SERIOUSThis game is absolutely TERRIBLE. The standards for a mainstream FPS has gone down the drain. Treyarch, infinity ward have no standards, and some morons would buy whatever they released. i can't really find anything positive to say about this, so i shall get started on the bad. TERRIBLE graphics, TERRIBLE GENERIC story, TERRIBLE UNREALISTIC gameplay and TERRIBLE combat and weapons. SERIOUS GAMERS like myself will be dissappointed and i would advise us SERIOUS GAMERS to steer clear of this unrealistic and terrible game. This game is for beginners and kids, and you can tell just by playing online, with some of the morons that are on voice chat. If you are a SERIOUS GAMER looking for a good FPS this is NOT reccommended for you. Expand
  45. Dec 3, 2011
    This is an honest review of the game. While the campaign is fun it is only five hours long with little replay value. Multiplayer is fun for a few hours but then it becomes super repetitive and frustrating. The series was once fun but it honestly an average experience now. I can't really even justify a score above a 7. But don't pay attention to all the 0s. This game is certaintyThis is an honest review of the game. While the campaign is fun it is only five hours long with little replay value. Multiplayer is fun for a few hours but then it becomes super repetitive and frustrating. The series was once fun but it honestly an average experience now. I can't really even justify a score above a 7. But don't pay attention to all the 0s. This game is certainty above a zero, but not close to amazing. Expand
  46. Dec 20, 2011
    Really not much to complain about. MW3 is a solid, entertaining game just like its predecessors. Call it "more of the same", but I say, don't fix it if it ain't broke.
  47. Dec 24, 2011
    call of duty modern warfare 3 is bad it just extremely boring with noting new.
  48. Jan 21, 2012
    I have given longer reviews before, but for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare "3", it can be very accurately summed up with a few words. Carbon copy of its predecessors. This is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 and/or 2 with a "different", with somehow more bland game play and story and with less originality than ever... Wish I could score into the negatives for this game, the Call of Duty seriesI have given longer reviews before, but for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare "3", it can be very accurately summed up with a few words. Carbon copy of its predecessors. This is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 and/or 2 with a "different", with somehow more bland game play and story and with less originality than ever... Wish I could score into the negatives for this game, the Call of Duty series had so much potential.... Expand
  49. Feb 19, 2012
    I cannot see much changes in this and MW2. Graphics: The same. Storyline: Shoot shoot kill, in other words, The Same. Multiplayer: The same. This is literally a DLC, or an expansion pack or something for MW2.
  50. Mar 28, 2012
    ooooooooooooh I just "can't wait for the next modern warfare", I bet they'll add another sniper rifle!!! That's how retarded this **** game is. The only real CODs (other than the originals) are MW1, WAW and Black Ops, BO being by far the best. Don't get this $60 dlc pack. Thank you metacritic for allowing 0 star ratings :)
  51. Apr 9, 2012
    Flat game...
    What i think about new Call of duty? Customer service sucks, game bugs - still not fixed, is there any patches to this game? This not game, this is mod for call of duty mw 2, we need more innovation, better innovation.
  52. May 28, 2012
    I put a good amount of time into the campaign, and enjoyed it, but once I tried the multiplayer it just felt like IW just made this game as a sad attempt to make more money. The graphics were a step down from Black Ops and MW2, the guns all felt the same and sounded like they were being shot out of a toilet, the maps all made me feel like puking, and the game types all seem the same.
  53. Nov 8, 2011
    Being in the industry myself, i want to put this critique forward.

I feel the necessity to bring this down because medias are once again supporting and overhyping and rating a product that is essential and exactly the same since CoD 4. What has this game really brought new to the industry's table? Nothing. No innovation AT ALL. A subscription plan? That's not really new, battlelog offers
    Being in the industry myself, i want to put this critique forward.

A subscription plan? That's not really new, battlelog offers the same features for free, and this is nothing but a cash grab aimed at zealous CoD fans who are unable to see anything else but this pathetic excuse of game, and Activision knows they can do this to fund their product that is in decline, as it's possible the last resort for it to stay alive.

The production values of this title are an aberration for what video games truly stand for - an Art form. Call of duty is no longer an art, it's merely a shovelware, or something more reminiscent of an yearly sports game; rehashed content, with little or no values or effort put into it. A quick cash grab.

The majority of it's fanbase put the community of gamers to shame; they are mostly close-minded and patriotic - Zealous should i say, about the game. There isn't really anything special about it and they can't see beyond that.

Oh and let's not forget the actions from activion, when they screwed over the people who create this franchise.
  54. Nov 8, 2011
    Same game. I would have given this game a "1" rating, but honestly. the Online is NOT as broken as MW2.. therefore Activision managed to get something fixed.

+2 for some balancing
    -7 for same engine as CoD4
    -1000 dignity for every Activision team member who worked on CoD4, then proceeded to make terrible games thereafter. Just stop. CoD 4 is still better than MW3, that was 4 years ago.
  55. Nov 8, 2011
    The quality of this game is not a factor-- the fact is that it's been done before. This offers nothing new to the market and offers no new directions to strive towards. Regardless of whether or not this game is good will not hinder the sales. I have extreme doubts upon anyone waiting for reviews to buy this game. If you're a fan, then you'll buy it.

I personally don't see the appeal.

I personally don't see the appeal. So little of this is strategy based.
  56. Nov 8, 2011
    MW3 is not really reality as everyone expected me BF3 wins in a landslide over MW3, copies made â
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    I think its hilarious how people say "BF3 Fan boys" are knocking the score down.....So your telling me that out of 539 bad reviews not one of these is a honest opinion? That is ridiculous to assume that. people are not mad because it's "the same game" it's more of IW and Activision hyped this game up so much to just release a almost identical experience to MW2. By no means is this gameI think its hilarious how people say "BF3 Fan boys" are knocking the score down.....So your telling me that out of 539 bad reviews not one of these is a honest opinion? That is ridiculous to assume that. people are not mad because it's "the same game" it's more of IW and Activision hyped this game up so much to just release a almost identical experience to MW2. By no means is this game bad, but at the same time it's not good. This is for most games that dev's release these days. They copy paste and add a few things and expect that to be alright. We as gamers need to be more blunt and harsh on games because we know that the so called "journalist" will not. If Activision and other companies would stop releasing the same thing every year and come up with new stuff gaming would be so much more exciting.

Now to my opinion on MW3. It is a average game with average graphics.It is fun online but is basically what we all have already seen. The SP is about 5hours long tops and the multiplayer has nothing renovating.I will say the one good thing about MP is the Kill confirmed.

I will give this a 5 because this game is average at best.

Also I have not played BF3 so therefore I am no fanboy.
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    The game is plain bad. It's sad that with each game since CoD4, this franchise keeps going backwards. Lack of dedicated ranked server is awful. The biggest change when compared to MW2 is weapon leveling, lol. They just copy-pasted 90% stuff to their "new" game
  59. Nov 8, 2011
    Very short one this time just highlighting key points.
    Graphics: 6.5 - Certainly not the best on the console anymore, somewhat dated but new engine makes things a bit more sleek.
    Presentation: 6 - Quite well presented but there is a lot of room for improvement again. Gameplay: 7 - Keeps the gameplay fresh with the addtion of new modes and some additional features but nothing
    Very short one this time just highlighting key points.
    Gameplay: 7 - Keeps the gameplay fresh with the addtion of new modes and some additional features but nothing groundbreaking in the slightest
    Lasting Appeal: 7 - Depends on the player, personally the series has become to formulaic and needs a fantastic reboot to help the series make that groundbreaking step of modern warefare this is also applied to why graphics gets a 6.5 its not far enough from nodern warare 2. This game is very frustrating to any fan of the series as it does not innovate but simply reiterates the series formula activision fail to take a risk and end up paying for it through the fans critical analysis of the game.
  60. Nov 8, 2011
    Yawn... yet another, same as before cod. I plead with people to play BF3, its superior in every way. The levels are much bigger, has vehicles and lots and lots of guns! The fact that EA spent the time building a new engine to bring something new to the table says a lot. COD is for the kids, BF is for the real FPS fan imo. Activision please do something original with the next cod game in aYawn... yet another, same as before cod. I plead with people to play BF3, its superior in every way. The levels are much bigger, has vehicles and lots and lots of guns! The fact that EA spent the time building a new engine to bring something new to the table says a lot. COD is for the kids, BF is for the real FPS fan imo. Activision please do something original with the next cod game in a years time! Expand
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    It's not really a surprise to anyone that MW3 is pretty much more of the same. The campaign follows the same formula that the past games have. The ending is really predictable, as well, and is almost exactly like MW2's.

The multiplayer feels the same as MW2. The weapons and secondary weapons are essentially the same as in the past MW games, with a couple of new mediocre weapons. The new game modes are alright, but nothing that I'd want to play for more than a few minutes. Overall, the multiplayer is enjoyable for a while, but it's pretty much just more of MW2. I really don't see myself playing this game for more than a month.
  62. Nov 8, 2011
    It's the exact same game they've put out the last 5 years! $60 for a mediocre expansion pack? This has got to be a terrible joke right? When does the fun part come?
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    What a terrible game.

I thought the series was bland and boring from the start, but this? This takes it to a new dimension of failure.

Congratulations Infinity Ward, you've created the only shooter in history that is worse than your previous work, MW2.
  64. Nov 8, 2011
    I watched the commercial for MW3 so that qualifies my ability to review this game. Are you people that give this game good reviews blind? Do you not notice that even the cutscenes graphics can't even compare to BF3's in game graphics? do yourselves a favor and crush up and disc to small bits and eat it, you must have already ate paint chips when you were born if you even consider this gameI watched the commercial for MW3 so that qualifies my ability to review this game. Are you people that give this game good reviews blind? Do you not notice that even the cutscenes graphics can't even compare to BF3's in game graphics? do yourselves a favor and crush up and disc to small bits and eat it, you must have already ate paint chips when you were born if you even consider this game playable. Expand
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    Previous MW2 map packs were around £7 i paid £30 for this.

Same rubbish, no scopes, lag switches, and 12year olds calling everyone a ****

Back to Black Ops and BF3 for me!
  66. Nov 8, 2011
    Most anticipated game in history? 500 people worked on it? where has all the money gone activision? advertising, hype and the success of Call of Duty: Black Ops ... is this everything you need for a new game?

i have been playing since release and i am very disappointed. i was hoping for something new and was really looking forward playing Modern Warfare 3. but after the first hours playing, i am just as bored as playing modern warfare 2... there is really nothing to it... if i want to enjoy a good game with some friends i dont need to pay 60$ ... "Delta Force: Extreme" was a better sequel than this. multiplayer is exactly the same and still lacks the same problems
    singleplayer is average .. the parts where u are actually able to play is just the same, because the AI is still really bad and their behaviour is already known
    co-op is worse then in black ops
    no innovations, no improvements i dont recommend buying this game
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    This game should be called modern map pack 3. it is the exact same thing as Modern Warfare 2, but with new skins. Battlefield 3 absolutely wipes the floor with this game, get that instead.
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    I've tried and I've tried COD MW3 but, there is nothing innovative about you. This game lacks the online game play of BF3 and it's predecessor Black OPS. I'm going to rate the overall game with graphics, game play online and campaign, and network reliability. Graphics I give a 2. I agree with another person who said this game looks the same as if it were made five years ago. After allI've tried and I've tried COD MW3 but, there is nothing innovative about you. This game lacks the online game play of BF3 and it's predecessor Black OPS. I'm going to rate the overall game with graphics, game play online and campaign, and network reliability. Graphics I give a 2. I agree with another person who said this game looks the same as if it were made five years ago. After all the hype I would expect graphics like BF3 or better. Game play online I give a 1. Same small maps, sniper killers who don't need to aim, and when you shoot a guy with a full clip he finally dies. Even the elite version is poorly designed. Campaign game play is a 4. Again, the graphics are dated, the AI is not very smart, and almost all the weapons sound the same. Network reliability I give a 10. I don't think I had a dropped connection yet. However, with graphics like that, there isn't much to render. lol So my overall score is 1.5 because the network connectivity is a non factor. Wake UP Activision! Produce a game worth playing. This one is going back. Expand
  69. Nov 8, 2011
    Do not listen to these 'negative review bombers'.Unlike most of them i have actually played the game and it is fantastic fun.What is wrong with these strange people who cling on to their personnel franchise or genre of game and defend them against all others like some favourite football team?Gamers are spoilt! and should show a bit more respect for the hundreds of innovative,intelligentDo not listen to these 'negative review bombers'.Unlike most of them i have actually played the game and it is fantastic fun.What is wrong with these strange people who cling on to their personnel franchise or genre of game and defend them against all others like some favourite football team?Gamers are spoilt! and should show a bit more respect for the hundreds of innovative,intelligent and hard working people who make these games. Expand
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    Absolute rubbish, same thing as Modern Warfare 2. Yes they made some gun advancements, but compared to other games it is about as good as your Nintendo 64 games. Do yourself a favor DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  71. Nov 8, 2011
    A great game, only if you haven't played to the others in the row. I give this game a 0 for the lame 'professional' reviewers who do NOT review the game but have an affair with Activision. A Shame!... In itself, the game could reach a good score... 7.5/10 for the multiplayers and 4.5/10 for the single player.
  72. Nov 8, 2011
    Someone told me that mw3 is different because they removed all the bs from it's successor, I responded by telling them that they should of done that two years ago. I'm not buying the next cod unless they come up with something revolutionary, which I doubt will happen. Nuff said
  73. Nov 8, 2011
    Terrible, terrible game. The multiplayer is lackluster, especially if you have played 'Battlefield 3', you will feel like you've stepped back in time 6-7 years. The graphics are brown and grey and decay-esque, the gun sounds are horrible. The realism does not exist, there is no recoil on the weapons.. The maps are very very small and stellar. The only reason I gave this a 1 rating isTerrible, terrible game. The multiplayer is lackluster, especially if you have played 'Battlefield 3', you will feel like you've stepped back in time 6-7 years. The graphics are brown and grey and decay-esque, the gun sounds are horrible. The realism does not exist, there is no recoil on the weapons.. The maps are very very small and stellar. The only reason I gave this a 1 rating is because the single player story mode is worth that much. Torrent it, but do not under any circumstances buy this game. Expand
  74. Nov 8, 2011
    I played Call of Duty since when it was in a WW2 setting, back in '03, and was an avid fan of CoD since. My distaste for the franchise started lurking in around when World at War came out. So I am no fanboy of just BF3, only a fanboy of First Person Shooters. Now onto my review.

If you played Modern Warfare 2, then you played Modern Warfare 3, with maybe an innovation. That innovation is instead of Killstreaks, you get a "pointstreak" where it will allow you to choose your "limited" reward, based on what "strike package" you choose. So, they changed the name from Killstreak to PointStreak, and that is their innovation. Sounds familiar....

The graphics are subpar, compared to todays standard,(five year old graphics engine powering it.) and the gameplay is the same as any iteration of the past 3 Call of Duty's. I cannot give it a 0, due to the fact that it was a fun game 2...3...4 years ago, but now, I cannot see the point of enjoying this game anymore knowing that it is a remake of a game years older, with no true advancements in the game. Also, paying for the Call of Suty Elite service is a load of crap. World at War did the same service for free. World at War had stat tracking, Your aiming against enemies, where you died at on a map etc etc... So pay 60$ for a game, then 50$ now for the elite service,(If bought it past the 13th, then it turns to 80$) upfront, So now that turns into 110$ to play Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack MW3 Edition... Seriously? Yes you get DLC for the next year, but the fee upfront just kills me.
  75. Nov 8, 2011
    Ever since MW2, the call of duty series has gone completely downhill. This terrible game is no exception. Although I've only played about 6 hours online, so far the game is a lot worse than Black Ops, and I doubt it will improve much even with a plethora of TU's.
  76. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is just plain awful. Graphics are terrible and maps are like mw2 and black ops maps had babies. I'm thoroughly disappointed with this game.
  77. Nov 8, 2011
    Can't afford to purchase MW3? Don't worry! It's the exact same game as it's predecessor, only with a lackluster campaign and a disappointing finish. MW2 is superior without fail. Do yourselves a favor and return this abomination.
  78. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm going to make this quick but I'm going to make a strong point. Call of Duty is everything that is wrong with the video games industry today. I'm not going to tell you that BF3 is better, because I don't play that either, and the only CoDs I've played is CoD2, and the original Modern Warfare. Anyway here is what I wanted to say. Since when is a game acceptable when it has one raceI'm going to make this quick but I'm going to make a strong point. Call of Duty is everything that is wrong with the video games industry today. I'm not going to tell you that BF3 is better, because I don't play that either, and the only CoDs I've played is CoD2, and the original Modern Warfare. Anyway here is what I wanted to say. Since when is a game acceptable when it has one race violently pitted against another, since when is a game acceptable to have you slaughter thousands of innocent people in broad daylight, since when is it acceptable for a game to have you mercilessly kill a terrorist in prejudice, without the right to a fair trial. Since when is it acceptable for a game to brainwash millions of our children into thinking that war, racism, and murder is the norm, that is an enjoyable pastime that each and every person should enjoy. Tell me Infinity Ward, when is it value for money for a campaign in a game to last less than 5 hours for the average player, since when do games have a final "boss" which consists of QTE only, since when do games care not for gameplay, and lead you through a script like a movie, care not for story and put you through the most generic terrorist attack story 3 times over, since when do the composers put barely any effort into their compositions... and the game I'm describing still sells 3.6 million sales in one day. Call of Duty now, to me is not a game, it is a piece of media that pushes the War Agenda for the country of America, it is the epitome of buying a brand, or a name and not a product, (i.e. Apple,) it is the perfect way to desensitize our kids, and make them believe that war is the norm, and that a hero is a man who kills another man in the name of patriotism. This game ensures that we put our future, and by that I mean our children, one step further away from our dreams of the likes of World Peace, or a unified world, because this game, and yes, many others like it have prepared them so, and put them in the state of mind that this is the right thing to do. I remember when a game was about traveling through an unknown world, meeting new characters along the way, battling inhumane beasts and aliens along the way, choosing how to change the world for the better along the way, all whilst being asked philosophical and psychological questions along the way, and making me a better person along the way. I don't know what to say in closing but I will say this, CoD is not a video game. Expand
  79. Nov 8, 2011
    Where do I start on this game. The campaign is just as stupid as every other COD but the real reason people buy COD is for the multiplayer. Well, if you thought MW2 and COD4 had bad multiplayer, STAY AWAY! This is the WORST multiplayer I have seen in a game in a long time. The hitboxes are the size of a car and it seems like the enemy team is calling in EMPs every 5 seconds. I sold thisWhere do I start on this game. The campaign is just as stupid as every other COD but the real reason people buy COD is for the multiplayer. Well, if you thought MW2 and COD4 had bad multiplayer, STAY AWAY! This is the WORST multiplayer I have seen in a game in a long time. The hitboxes are the size of a car and it seems like the enemy team is calling in EMPs every 5 seconds. I sold this game back in about 4 hours, it took three hours to beat the terrible single player and I was enraged after a hour of multiplayer. THIS IS THE WORST COD GAME EVER MADE! Expand
  80. Nov 8, 2011
    This game somehow manages to be worse than MW2. These "pro" reviewers must have been paid off. The campaign is worse than BF3 (somehow?) and the multiplayer is just a cluster f*** merry go round of shooting people in the back.
  81. Nov 8, 2011
    honestly I'm just tired of the bull****. i mean come on , this game makes millions of dollars every release and still no innovation. come on would some realism kill you. really, activision only cares about the money amd infinity ward sucks now so try again. or maybe not.
  82. Nov 8, 2011
    Worthless PoS, same EXACT lagfest as MW2, nothing changed at all, the maps blow, are WAY too small, and make absolutely NO sense. IW has destroyed a once great series.
  83. Nov 8, 2011
    Ive said it and always said it! Im a game Developer well in school or it, nvr minded COD fun game, i was on the top 100 Leaderboards for Black Ops with a KDR of 3.78 (YES I RAPED INSANELY HARD) i had my fun with this game.... but ever since ive been in school for gaming, ive realized nothing but bad about this game!!!! All they care about now is the money and to produce as much profit asIve said it and always said it! Im a game Developer well in school or it, nvr minded COD fun game, i was on the top 100 Leaderboards for Black Ops with a KDR of 3.78 (YES I RAPED INSANELY HARD) i had my fun with this game.... but ever since ive been in school for gaming, ive realized nothing but bad about this game!!!! All they care about now is the money and to produce as much profit as possible!!!!! In my eyes they are the most laziest game dev. known to man!!!!!!!!!! but the SMARTEST buisness men in the gaming industry!!!!!!!! This game was initially made for non gamer to become an FPS gamer , that is why its so EASY and Noob-Friendly!! This is why BAttlefield should be played by the Elite of COD!! If your good at battlefield theen you are a skilled FPSER!!!! But do not be Overwhelmed if you have a KDR higher then 2.0 in Cod !! Since COD4 the only major gameplay difference ive seen was the diving system that is all!!!, this is the first cod i did not buy in the last 4 games!!! im sorry inifinty ward but this is the beginning of the end of this game! no matter how many sales! because only the wise realize whats the better game Expand
  84. Nov 8, 2011
    Seriously how did a expansion pack for MW2 get a freaking 90? Took me all of an hour to figure out I wasted 60 bucks. Come with something new or don't come at all...this game shoulda been DLC for black ops.
  85. Nov 8, 2011
    Having played this it is just terrible. A more correct term for this is MW2.5. I mean this is totally what I was expecting, another clone with the same graphics as it was in 2006 and same same everything as the other Call of Duty's.
  86. Nov 8, 2011
    campaing and spec ops were awesome, but multiplayer was an epic fail in my mind. multiplayer was full of glitches and like the other call of duty games' multiplayer, it was a run and gun deal that didnt have any real tactical feel to it. im going to compare to battlefield 3 beacause it is a worthy game to compare by, it is able to give the player a tactical feel while playing, the knife iscampaing and spec ops were awesome, but multiplayer was an epic fail in my mind. multiplayer was full of glitches and like the other call of duty games' multiplayer, it was a run and gun deal that didnt have any real tactical feel to it. im going to compare to battlefield 3 beacause it is a worthy game to compare by, it is able to give the player a tactical feel while playing, the knife is a perfected weapon on bf3, but on cod, you can knife someone in the big toe and its an instant kill. bf3 also gives a real team game unlike cod games beacause in order to win the match you and your team need to work together, and on cod its lone wolf all the way, no matter the game type. bullet drop is my favorite thing on bf3, beacause its realistic, you cant aim 500 meters down range and have the bullet hit right in the crosshairs in real life so you shouldnt be able to do it in a game. just the way the game reacts makes battlefield the winner in this duel Expand
  87. Nov 8, 2011
    Finished the campaign like in 7 hours, it was kind of fun to see the Word War 3, played the online for 2 days it's just about a 10-15 seconds secuence in 3 steps over and over: run, shot, die. It gets so boring after some matches. The graphics are not so good, the sound is normal.

Gameplay = 8 Graphics = 6 Sound = 7 Online = 7 Campaign Duration = 6 Conclusion = Rent It just to play the

Gameplay = 8
    Graphics = 6
    Sound = 7
    Online = 7
    Campaign Duration = 6

Conclusion = Rent It just to play the campaign, it was kind of fun.
  88. Nov 8, 2011
    This is basically Modern Warfare 2 Version 2.0 . My expectations of the COD series have been steadily declining with the past installments. What really lacks in the COD series is the innovation and originality of Call of Duty 4. Activision really needs to revisit their strategy for making there games because the "add a short new single player and new multi player maps" isn't enough for aThis is basically Modern Warfare 2 Version 2.0 . My expectations of the COD series have been steadily declining with the past installments. What really lacks in the COD series is the innovation and originality of Call of Duty 4. Activision really needs to revisit their strategy for making there games because the "add a short new single player and new multi player maps" isn't enough for a 2011 $60 game. In my opinion they are taking the Michael Bay route of making games, where the graphics and special effects are a mile wide but the story and game play are only an inch deep. Expand
  89. Nov 8, 2011
    spec ops was hyped so much and it failed so bad. it's nothing like zombies. the fact that it's 2 player is really gonna hurt it in the long run. i expect that iw will have to patch a lot of stuff soon. the game feels very glitchy and running is very difficult. i recommend black ops or battlefield 3 over this.
  90. Nov 8, 2011
    Seriously, if you've played COD4 you've played them all, same annual bull every year, same graphics, same game play, straight up boring, why can't they just make it better by changing the formula?
  91. Nov 8, 2011
    Basically, welcome to Modern Warfare 2.1, cause you know there will be 10 more just like it in the coming years.

I gave it another shot, and I'm done paying 60 dollars for an expansion pack.

I will buy the next CoD that does something different... i.e. destruction, or something else.
  92. Nov 8, 2011
    Literally no change from Mw2, or mw. Pathetic gameplay. Fast-pace = quickscope and nubs camping. Most retard proof game with an average age of 6~12 and average IQ of 0~1. Making multiplayer, its backbone, yet again a piece of crap. Got in line at midnight to watch fanboys pull a gun out to threaten middle-aged ladies who confronted them about letting 7 of their friends bud. GG
  93. Nov 8, 2011
    How much do these critics get paid to give this worthless game good reviews? And who gave this game a positive review? It's just a map pack for mw2 that costs $60. Next year, another cod game will probably come out as the "most anticipated game in history (what a joke)." Little children and "critics" (I use this term loosely) everywhere will be on their knees to suck off activision.
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    This is a complete waste of money... Paid $60 for pretty much just new maps... Graphics engine is pretty much the same, mechanics... same. Garbage. I'll stick to BF3
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    What were they thinking?!?! Same crap different day. This should have been a 1200MSP as a DLC because that's what it felt like. I'm sure there will be lots of MW3s on the used game section tomorrow at GameCrooks. Thanks for the $35 lost Craptivision because Gamecrooks will only give me $25.
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    Been playing for a couple of hours and had to take a break. This is without question, the best game of the COD series. The graphics are improved, the story line is engaging, the fighting is fierce but weapon selection control is intuitive for anyone who's played any of the last 3 MW iterations. When I'm playing a game, I expect to be immersed to such an extent that I forget about the realBeen playing for a couple of hours and had to take a break. This is without question, the best game of the COD series. The graphics are improved, the story line is engaging, the fighting is fierce but weapon selection control is intuitive for anyone who's played any of the last 3 MW iterations. When I'm playing a game, I expect to be immersed to such an extent that I forget about the real world, and MW3 delivers.
    The trolling of the user reviews for this game really disappoints me. There is no way, no way in hell, this game deserves anything less than a 7.5 from even the most jaded of gamers. When I read the early user reviews it was obvious the BF3 trolls were out in force. But the extent to which they have overwhelmed it made me wonder if perhaps Metacritic might try to filter the fanboys and retain some shadow of dignity. The professional reviewers inflate ratings, and no one questions this. When your livelihood depends on ad revenue and freebies from the ever-shrinking number of studios, who could really criticize them? That having been said, Metacritic has had the honorable position of hedging the professional reviewers with user reviews, and it made for the best (though certainly imperfect) way to judge a game one was unfamiliar with. Of course, MW is the biggest game franchise in history, so no one is really unfamiliar with it. Nonetheless, I wondered if Metacritic might take action to retain some semblance of objectivity. Then I realized Metacritic was owned by News Corp, which has a 5% stake in EA.com. Oh well. Something will come along to replace it i guess. BTW, I love BF3, glitches and all.
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    Can't believe I bought this game a third time.
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    Yet another mod of CoD4 they are releasing to take money from uninformed players. This game brings *nothing* new, fun or interesting to the industry, it just perpetuates the boring respawnfest that is allowing real innovation to happen. I genuinely played it looking for reasons why it's any different from the last 3 identical titles. I honestly couldn't say I found a thing. Hopefully thisYet another mod of CoD4 they are releasing to take money from uninformed players. This game brings *nothing* new, fun or interesting to the industry, it just perpetuates the boring respawnfest that is allowing real innovation to happen. I genuinely played it looking for reasons why it's any different from the last 3 identical titles. I honestly couldn't say I found a thing. Hopefully this trend blows over so progress can be made int he industry. Expand
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is trash no new innovations at all it's a carbon copy of mw2. They've renamed the perks, renamed the killstreaks and used same textures as in mw2.
  100. Nov 9, 2011
    Saw someone online..."Man, you're already a 77?" One reply was "Not surprising, game's been out for 2 years." I laughed, then sighed. Here's to Skyrim in a few days.

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Ultimately, Modern Warfare 3 feels similar to it's brethren, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game. The single player element is still exciting, and multiplayer has more options than ever – if you're a fan of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3 is a no brainer.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3, while still an excellent thrill ride in its own right, feels far too similar to MW2 or even Black Ops for my taste.
  3. I never expected Modern Warfare 3 to go toe-to-toe with EA's juggernaut this year, but it came out of the gates with a tour de force campaign and co-op mode. It loses points with a perhaps too-familiar multiplayer that caters to the juvenile on Xbox Live; though don't be mistaken, Modern Warfare 3 is one hell of a shooter and a highlight for a series that just won't die – no matter how much we wish it bloody would, at times.