Castle Crashers Xbox 360

8.8

1. Sep 5, 2010
    This game is a fun, sidescroller beat-em up with good music and fun gameplay. It also has a lot of comedy in the middle of all of the fun gameplay. For example, as you are fighting through the forest and all of the animals are dying of constipation. The game lets you also play with up to 3 other players. As you can see, this game is loads of fun and can be fun with 3 other friends too.
  2. Sep 11, 2010
    castle crashers is a truly amazing game, not only does it look great with some very funny scenes it also has 4 player co-op which is a real game changer for anybody with friends around often, even the bosses are humorous and original
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    One of the best action RPG games I've ever played on a console.
    Too much fun, full of interesting challenges and crazy enemies.

This game deserves a sequel.
  4. JohnB
    Oct 1, 2008
    Very fun for about 2 weeks, after it becomes a good party game.
  5. Jul 31, 2012
    A great game that somehow reminds me on the old consoles where I use to play when I was a kid, anyone remembers Double Dragon, Shinobi, etc ?
    It's a great game, highly recommended !
  6. Aaron
    Sep 2, 2008
    I am VERY impressed with how this turned out. Sure it's got it's fair share glitches and bugs, which I know people are bringing up, but I have to say that for all those craving the "good 'ole days" of side-scrolling beat-em-ups, this is the holy grail you've been waiting for. It's got a good amount of humor mixed in with some fairly solid gameplay, which is both I am VERY impressed with how this turned out. Sure it's got it's fair share glitches and bugs, which I know people are bringing up, but I have to say that for all those craving the "good 'ole days" of side-scrolling beat-em-ups, this is the holy grail you've been waiting for. It's got a good amount of humor mixed in with some fairly solid gameplay, which is both engaging and addicting. In fact, I played this game for about 4 hours the first day I got it, and I have never done that with any other XBLA game to date! On the negative, however, the game does suffer from some technical difficulties, especially in the multiplayer front. There are still a lot of kinks that need to be worked out with its online component, and that is unfortunate because when it does work, it can be a lot of fun. Another problem that I had, is I finished the game wishing there could be more. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I'm not docking the game for it. All in all, this is a great game that was given a lot of attention to detail. It's got a good amount of replayability with the prospect of unlocking up to about a dozen hidden playable characters, and it's a hoot to play with a group of friends. Expand
  7. NicolasW.
    Oct 3, 2008
    A truly vivid experience!, me and my friends loved this game so much, my friend made a comic about it! Thank you behemoth!
  8. EricD.
    Aug 27, 2008
    This arcade title has enough charisma to power a handful of retail releases. Oh, and the poop jokes never get old.
  9. LennyL.
    Aug 29, 2008
    This game is a great throw back to those old beat-um-ups but they also added RPG and adventure elements to it. It may not be that fun by yourself but get a buddy and you'll have a great time.
  10. JesseT
    Sep 12, 2008
    A masterpiece on XBLA. I have had more fun playing Castle Crashers than Too Human. Worth every dollar. Hopefully they will expand upon this universe in the future.
  11. Jake
    Jan 1, 2009
    Fantastic artwork, addicting and has alot of replayability, Castle Crashers is by far the one of the greatest games on the XBLA and will remain active in my Library of games for a long while. Behemoth has taken a step up from Alien Hominid with this masterpiece!
  12. MaxR.
    Oct 9, 2008
    Castle Crashers is an awesome game, only made better by the fact that it's made for multiplayer. Get a few friends, and let the action roll out. The only problem I have is that it's short, but that's okay once you unlock insane mode.
  13. naiku
    Aug 27, 2008
    Castle Crashers is easily the best XBLA to date. Braid maybe be innovative but Caslte Crashers is just more fun. This is the must own game of the summer.
  14. NathanW.
    Aug 27, 2008
    Original, addictive, and possibly the best party game on xbox live arcade. you pay for an arcade game and get a feature-rich title that spans hundreds of unlockables from new characters with new attacks and spells, to new weapons and avatars that give you special quirks in gameplay. I'm highly impressed by this game and recommend it to everyone looking for some fun on the Xbox.
  15. fdfdfdfdfd
    Aug 27, 2008
    Brilliant game from start to finish, amazing in multiplayer!!! Not the longest of games but one which definitely holds replay value when friends are over! 10/10... Easily one of the best XBLA games available. In fact, forget XBLA, this could almost have been sold full retail.
  16. WillS.
    Aug 28, 2008
    Great fun, minor xbl bugs don't take away from this awesome arcade melee masterpiece. The online modes also add a lot of replay value. I'm sure I will beat this game at least 20 times trying to unlock all the interesting playable characters! Wish there were more creative games like this being made.
  17. JoshF.
    Aug 31, 2008
    this game hearkens back to the days I plugged my entire income (in the form of quarters) into the 4-player TMNT arcade standup alongside my friends, only now it will cost me less money and bring more enjoyment.
  18. mcdeathob
    Aug 30, 2008
    A really entertaining, fun and brilliantly styalised game, fantastic to play with friends. The upgrade system is brilliant and the enemies are varied enough to stop boredom setting in. Would have been a perfect score if the online issues were fixed.
  19. TylerT.
    Aug 30, 2008
    Castle Crashers has everything a XBLA title should have- addictive gameplay, a decent length (about 4 to 5 hours), fun single player and absolutely superb multiplayer. Easy the best title on XBLA right now.
  20. AdamD.
    Sep 4, 2008
    This game is absolutely incredible. It has more content than most "top-shelf" 360 titles on disc out there, nevermind replayability, and only asks $15 for your ticket to this time-capsule that generously takes you back to your youth, reminding you of all the old games you used to cherish like river city ransom, technos samurai, double dragon, golden axe, super mario world and TMNT arcade This game is absolutely incredible. It has more content than most "top-shelf" 360 titles on disc out there, nevermind replayability, and only asks $15 for your ticket to this time-capsule that generously takes you back to your youth, reminding you of all the old games you used to cherish like river city ransom, technos samurai, double dragon, golden axe, super mario world and TMNT arcade just to name a few... this game takes all of those games plus more, mashes them up, adds it's own distinct style and personality, then makes it a game all it's own by adding tons of flair and unique playability. this is a game i would recommend to fans of old-school and new-school alike. it's not to say it doesn't have problems online, but apparently there's a patch right around the corner to clean it up. Expand
  21. JustinDozier
    Jun 12, 2009
    Castle Crashers, gameplay wise, is set in an old school arcade 'beat-em-up' fashion with a few twists that add life and longevity. Let's get to the facts.

20+ Levels 40+ Unlockable Weapons Many playable characters to unlock, each with unique magic. Many cool boss fights. Awesome artwork. Good sense of humor. Arena Mode. Online and Local Co-op. RPG elements with

20+ Levels
    40+ Unlockable Weapons
    Many playable characters to unlock, each with unique magic.
    Many cool boss fights.
    Awesome artwork.
    Good sense of humor.
    Arena Mode.
    Online and Local Co-op.
    RPG elements with stats and leveling.

That alone is worth the price of admission ($15), perhaps even more. This title is definitely better than many $60 offerings in standard retail.

The graphics are insanely crisp and vibrant, full of life while feeling surreal and original. A game like this hasn't "popped out" at me graphically since an offering earlier in the month in Braid. Okay, that makes it seem like it isn't special, but before Braid and this, only very few games have ever caught my eye graphically like this does. Simple and to the point, even more beautiful in HD.

This has all the potential to be an instant classic, and certainly one of the few dozen "must haves" from XBLA. This one will be played online, and constantly, for a long time.
  22. ZacharyB.
    Oct 7, 2008
    A truly Brilliant game featuring multiple references to newgrounds material, as well as many user created submissions (such as music and art). Overall it is a superb game for both people who love side scrollers or RPG's. The only trouble i seem to have is with the slightly confusing Weapon Upgrade system (it feels a bit ackward trying to find out what truly is an upgrade). As for the A truly Brilliant game featuring multiple references to newgrounds material, as well as many user created submissions (such as music and art). Overall it is a superb game for both people who love side scrollers or RPG's. The only trouble i seem to have is with the slightly confusing Weapon Upgrade system (it feels a bit ackward trying to find out what truly is an upgrade). As for the supposed networking issues, i have yet to face them. Overall a very excellent game in both graphics and gameplay. Expand
  23. ErikW.
    Aug 27, 2008
    Castle Crashers is simply an amazing game to be released on Xbox Live Arcade. With various modes to keep your interest, and so many unlockables, its replayability is nearly endless. Leveling up over 20 characters, all with different weapons, and also with a large number of "pets" the game does a good job of keeping you busy. The big draw here is the 4 Player Co-op play and it is Castle Crashers is simply an amazing game to be released on Xbox Live Arcade. With various modes to keep your interest, and so many unlockables, its replayability is nearly endless. Leveling up over 20 characters, all with different weapons, and also with a large number of "pets" the game does a good job of keeping you busy. The big draw here is the 4 Player Co-op play and it is astounding!! I've loved every minute of this game and would advise you to purchase it so you can do the same. Expand
  24. BlakeF.
    Aug 27, 2008
    Only played for an hour or so, but it's fantastic. Love the art style, the action, the gameply, the music, the story and humor. All of it is top notch.
  25. MichaelF
    Aug 27, 2008
    This game is simply.. the bets XBLA game to date.. there's so much playability that you will be sitting there for hours on end.. with 22 unlockable characters (I think), over 40 unlockable weapons, 20 or more pvp modes, 4 player offline/online co-op/multiplayer, and the ability for your character to level up from 1-99 and learn new combos and skills.. the game is just pure fun.
  26. JasonD.
    Aug 27, 2008
    From the amazing art to the range of unlockables and ever present humor, Castle Crashers is an addicting game that is perfect for playing with friends, even after you've completed it yourself. My only real question, though, is why all of the animals are on laxatives, since it becomes weird seeing deer poo themselves across the level.
  27. NathanielC.
    Aug 27, 2008
    Though challenging while playing solo, it is without a doubt, my favorite XBLA title to date. A very solid game all around.
  28. dangcucu
    Aug 28, 2008
    For a tribute to old school games this one is a winner.
  29. LormF.
    Sep 2, 2008
    Good, simple minded addictive fun!
  30. LukeJ.
    Sep 23, 2008
    This a very fun that you have to own. It lets you have endless hours of fun by yourself our with your friends

1. Every inch of the hand-drawn kingdom is brimming with endearing eccentricity. [Oct 2008, p.76]
    Castle Crashers takes the best elements of traditional side-scrolling beat-em-ups and adds lots of flair.
  3. Castle Crashers is an entertaining brawler, but the replay value is chopped into little frustrating bits by a horrifically painful online experience.