7.6

1. Aug 23, 2010
    If you compare one game to another, you of course are gonna find things that are better or worse in each title. Dante's Inferno falls into the, "been done before" category. Yeah, God of War is a great series. So why not go with something that works? I think EA and Visceral games took the God of War engine and just built on it for the better. If you are looking for a game with insane combos, non-stop action, unbelievable scenery's, and a great combat engine, Dante's Inferno exceeds in all areas. Hack and slash has never been so much fun. Oh, and the hardest difficulty, this game will make you cry! DEFINITE recommendation. Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2010
    Absolutely excellent game! Yes, it is very similar to God of War, so if you've had enough of it then avoid this. If you're looking for more GOW style fun or don't have a PS3 like me, then this is the GOW equivalent for the XBOX.
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    Exactly what a Hack N' Slash should be. It was challenging at points but overall a very fun and exciting game to play. It bothers me that people keep relating this to God of War, because I enjoyed this game much more. The choices to kill or to save the damned souls gave the player something to contemplate at times, The puzzles in the game (little as they are) were okay at best, but that's not the point of the game. The combat was very fun, and the changing enemies for each circle prevented it from becoming dull. I would recommend this game to any fans of the particular genre. Expand
  4. Jan 22, 2011
    A++ I loved this game and I will take it any day over God of War. Very dark and epic. I enjoyed every minute of it. Pay no attention to the critics, they don't know anything better other than Halo.
  5. Nov 21, 2010
    Ok i just wanna say this i see ppl saying that this is unoriginal, like it is a rip off of GoW, well this is actully based off a book that was written in the 1500's, by a guy named Dante so how could it then be a rip off of a game made 500 yrs later
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    Dante's Inferno is one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. At first, I was hesitant to pick it up because of the not so stellar reviews but it turned out to be a good decision. In terms of gameplay, Dante's Inferno is a God of War rip-off for sure; however, its scene--hell--is completely different. Quality product, buy it!
  7. Aug 14, 2011
    Dark and twisted, the game play was unlike anything I have played before which hooked me to this game, The story was so so but going through hells layers was exciting and fast. You really had to be ready from bosses and some of hell minoins. I loved how you could choose to be good or evil in this game very unipue and made your charater have its own style. The bosses were all different and Satan was kind of a suprise LOL! (hes naked) just so you know! i enjoy these dark story games. Its different and keeps the suspense up. Lots of botton pressing all through the game. The story was alitte short but all in all a really fun game! Enjoy! Expand
  8. Feb 1, 2012
    This game is probably the number one most underrated game of all time. Its like everyone got on the bandwagon of hate. Every war shooter has the same controls, scenery and plots, but every critic will **** their pants about it. EA or whoever did a great job of an original story; outstanding, artistic graphics; and one hell of a fun game with awesome combos! (that got ripped off, blah blah)

1. The accomplished combat and surprisingly decent adaptation of the story make Dante's Inferno a fine diversion while you wait for the next button-masher... One based in a different set of mythology.
  2. Another major annoyance is the save system. You can only save at designated statues, and there are only two or three per level.
  3. All in all, it was a fun trip though hell, even with one circle being lackluster and the game feeling rather short, I still have no issues or moral objections to recommending Dante's Inferno for fans of this genre.