Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements Xbox 360

• Release Date: Feb 12, 2008
  • Also On: PC
7.0

1. Sep 17, 2016
    This games rating to me is clearly a 6 however please dont let that score turn you off just read the reviews here because this game is actually worth a look as a very entertaining game. This game clearly has problems but for every problem it has there is a solution and the game is drastically fun if you go into the game knowing how to deal with the software before it deals with you. ThisThis games rating to me is clearly a 6 however please dont let that score turn you off just read the reviews here because this game is actually worth a look as a very entertaining game. This game clearly has problems but for every problem it has there is a solution and the game is drastically fun if you go into the game knowing how to deal with the software before it deals with you. This game is a very fun cheesy game. It allows you to play it according to your tastes and this is where it excels. Is it high quality? Well no. Is it fun? Absolutely. Im going to address each downfall and the solution. Platforming. Ok, not sure why this game has platforming but it has some and the jump action sucks hard to be honest. However its not a rediculous amount and the upside is there are multiple paths to take so its not too big a deal. Just take a different path. Saving. Necessary and annoying but not a full on problem. If you die you lose your stuff since last checkpoint and have to repeat getting it back by trying to remember which part of the chapter you found it in. Thankfully the game has lots of save slots so be proactive to avoid this annoyance. I didn't come across many glitches but read other reviews there are some. Save often. Gameplay AI. Well, most of the game enemies are cheesy idiots with terrible combat however there are some really good effects and spells. The game was designed to allow you to plan traps and not be overwhelmed by speed. In turn bad AI gives plenty of time to set up planned traps and such forth. There is enough challenge its just not off the charts This is the draw of the game in my opinion. Being able to plan a funny demise to the enemies. You can kick them into spikewalls. you can set paths of exploding traps, you have pretty decent spells and a huge variety of weapons to play around with. This choice and freedom is where this game shines. Its not serious battle but it is wtf cheesy and uniquely fun. The same kind of draw as deadrising in a way I guess. What else. Well I really liked the chapter designs. Each was a small piece of the game if you want you just follow the linear path and complete the chapter or if you want to explore and take your time there was a lot of secret areas to get into and find neat stuff. I found the game entertaining and relaxing. As much as this game is low quality it really did draw me in and make me want to play it just because there was so much choice available. As a gamer this was a fun game. Its too bad it was so cheesy and low end but all things considered I actually do want to own this game for another playthrough. This game wont wow anyone but it definitely deserves a break as it is entertaining. I would recommend playing the game for a bit always saving here and there then put the game down for a few days to a week and carry on. The game does have too many annoyances for a straight playthrough. This is really its only problem in my opinion. Its not fully broken. Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2011
    I originally played this on PC, being a fan of Might & Magic 6,7,8 & 9. Note , this is NOTHING like the original turn based RPGs. This is a first person action/rpgs using the same engine as Half Life 2. Come into this game expecting any similarities to the titles above and you will be sorely dissapointed.

Come into this game with an open mind however, and there is a long and interesting campaign to be played here on the Xbox. Having literally just sat through my second run through on xbox 360 ( completed it at 19.18 hours 1st November 2011 ), I thought I would bring this game up to date with a more recent review.

On Xbox you are confined to one of four character types, Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Rogue ( I play a lot of WoW so whilst this may not be their exact titles, this is what the classes are ). This time I played through as a warrior.

As I should've realised, warriors are a pretty dull class to play. This didn't stop me enjoying this detailed and visually attractive action/rpg lite on the xbox 360, but it made me wish for ranged weaponry for most of the playthrough. Note to self, never play a role that has no ranged abilities.

Good fun, approx 20 hour campaign and plenty to explore, especially once you get access to the rope firing bow, that lets you scale otherwise unreachable places. Overall, this plays like a quality FPS or hack n slash with some RPG lite elements thrown in. Very enjoyable, in that 20 hour play thru it crashed/locked up on me twice. Just save regularly and there's no issue. The multiplayer is now non-existent due to the age of the game, and you can probably pick it up for a very low price and it is seriously worth your time if you like fantasy game scenarios.

The PC version is vastly superior, with detailed character design decisions made by the player, allowing you to make hybrid classes, whereas this version on xbox 360, is a straight line for the one class you choose. The PC version is also on Steam , with all the advantages Steam and it being a PC game brings to the table. But the xbox 360 version is great fun as well. Go for it. It's a big game with good acting.
  3. Oct 10, 2012
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements, is a funny game, have a good details, obviously is not better than the PC Version, have some mistakes, and some parts are strange. The game is funny, have a good gameplay and have pretty graphics. No more.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    A well-polished remake of the excellent action RPG from PC. It is only due to the far too simplified and illogical character class system that the new version falls slightly behind the original. [Jan 2008]
  2. Games Master UK
    Just the combat would have been dumb fun. Sadly, too much clag gets in the way. [Feb 2008, p.58]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    It's just a bit shallow, and technically flawed with it: the frame-rate is nowhere near as solid as you'd expect from a game that looks only "all right" and the physics system is prone to craziness. Despite all the time in development, it lacks polish. [Feb 2008, p.96]