8.0

1. Sep 19, 2013
    combining most of the popular games in the gaming history like Devil May Cry and Zelda is the hybrid of darksiders that won me over the game is truly underrated and just the best game on Xbox 360 without a doubt the the characters are more lovable than the Darksiders 1 and just as good the game is just amazing and a great good from THQ
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    Hola, me da gusto saber que tendremos muy pronto DARKSIDERS 3, pues después de la venta de THQ, seria una PENA que un buen juego como DARKSIDERS no tuviera su continuación.
    DARKSIDERS es un buen juego, de los mejores que he jugado y pues se imaginan como se vería en las nuevas consolas, sería espectacular.
  3. May 15, 2013
    The game is on the longer end of satisfying, but there are tons of great things about it: the combat is fast, frantic, and dynamic. The RPG elements allow you to style yourself into your own weapon of death, and you upgrade your equipment often enough to make it an important part of the game. There's tons of loot as well, so that should be pleasing to RPG fans. The only downsides are the various bugs and repetitive nature of the puzzles- while the game is consistently challenging, at times I found myself thinking "I wish I were done with this temple already", mostly because I wanted to get back into fighting. I would recommend this game to any adventure RPG fan. Here's to hoping they make a third! Expand
  4. Jan 29, 2013
    RIP DARKSIDERS 3. This game is great and has become a vast improvement of the first (which was also pretty awesome) with its implementation of various rpg mechanics such as weapon and armor drops and skills. Unfortunately this is gonna be the last Darksiders with the bankruptcy of THQ as no doubt it would've been even better.
  5. Jan 14, 2013
    PC Version Review(with troubleshooting tips for ATI) - I was a bit late to the franchise because the trailers didn't grab me.. I thought the art was derivative of WoW and it just seemed like a cheesy cartoon.. I bought in during an Amazon sale and as it turns out I was totally wrong. The art and production value here is actually on par with the best I've ever seen in a game, which is quite an accolade. That is if you can squeeze the performance out of your pc.. I had a lot of debilitating stuttering at first so I had to research fixes. I run ati/amd so I picked up a utility called RadeonPro. The nvidia counterpart is Rivatuner. Vsync wasn't a big issue for me(no tearing) but I got less stutter when I locked my fps to 60, turned on triple buffering and turned vsync on. I also forced some AntiAliasing and turned anisotropic filtering(key for eye candy). Turn texture filtering and mipmap up and put texture LOD to -.5. The biggest performance gain was from turning my resolution down, but no big deal there, I ended up averaging around 40-60 fps with very minimal/infrequent stutter in big open areas on a mid/lower high end pc. Totally different game experience with the eye candy turned on. I've never seen such lovingly crafted level design and detail. I just wandered around amazed at what I was seeing, taking screenshots. It's freaking amazing how much effort was put into environmental stuff like stone flooring which looks like it was painted.. I just wandered around immersed in what I was seeing for a couple hours! Even if the gameplay was crap(it's not) just experiencing the ambient love this game offers makes it a must have/win. As has been mentioned many kudos to the soundtrack engineer, Jesper Kyd for the highly original immersion his tracks provide to the gameplay. Just awesome. As for the gameplay itself, I hope this mad combo of rpg, platforming/puzzle and hack n' is a theme other developers will champion.. because its so much fun. You explore, loot, fight truly epic bosses, access many sweet weapons/fighting styles and you get a decent story to top it off. They've blended the quirky evil of Devil May Cry with the steroidal fury of Space Marine and thrown it all into fantasy land and voila, gaming magic. I much prefer the direction here to both of those (mostly)excellent games. Did I mention epic horseback combat on a flaming green demonic steed which power stampedes enemies into an exploding grimy mist? Just play this game. Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2013
    I have just finished playing Darksiders 1 not long ago and just recently started this. I must say that it's impressive. It is better than the first one because they made improvements to this game such as tougher enemies, tougher puzzles, and so on. They can be frustrating to beat at times but feels really good after beating them lol. It gets more playful and fun as the game goes on because you get more powers and weapons. Different ones than War from the first part. What can I say? Great action, graphics, acting, storyline, and the length of play. The best sequel I've played so far in a series. Expand
  7. Dec 10, 2012
    This game has won one Game of the Year Award in Just Push Start and got nominated in This year's VGA and Neoseeker. Need I say more? :) Death...COMES FOR EVERY ONE! >:)
  8. Dec 2, 2012
    This is so far the only game this year that deserves a perfect 10. The graphics are breathtaking, the gameplay is incredibly well balanced and motivating, the story is deep, interesting, consistent and continuous. I really like the first darksiders, but having had little luck with sequels so far (think AC3, ME3, H4, ...) I was a bit weary. Instead, they upped the ante - longer gameplay, more interesting characters, better gfx, a great score etc. pp. Loved it to death, a bit scared that any sequel will have to fight hard to stay competitive. One other reviewer pointed out how this game managed to not become tedious like the other big rpgs of late (Skyrim - loved it, but it had a bit of the repetetive). I concur completely. If I ever meet people from Vigil who worked on DII, they won't need to worry about buying their own drinks. Seriously. Expand
  9. Nov 11, 2012
    Darksiders II is the result of a great work of Vigil Games. The game, despite some shortcomings, presents a fantastic visual quality and an excellent plot that entertains the gamer for 25 hours or more.

- Visual: 9.6
      - Gameplay: 9.1
      - History: 9.0
      - Audio: 9.3
      - Fun: 9.8

- Final Rating: 9.0
  10. Nov 9, 2012
    EPIC! the gameplay is epic, graphics are unique, protagonist is epic, therefore this game is EPIC!
  11. Oct 29, 2012
    One of the best games i have played in awhile, people really need to stop trolling, i'm a PS3 fan, but this game is as good or even better than God of War 3, it's not a clone imo.
  12. Oct 27, 2012
    I always tried to avoid rpg style games...honestly why should I do the same thing over and over again just to gain some cool looking powers..well...this is not the case of DARKSIDERS II which has an unique story,great gameplay,relaxing music,tricky puzzles and boss battles which are pretty cool.Feel free to try this game out.It amazed and will definitely amaze you too!.
  13. Oct 5, 2012
    Darksiders 2 is a great game.
    Vigil games did a great job this time around.everything seems much better than darksiders 1(which wasn't a bad game)but just didn't feel quite right.But Darksiders 2 hit all the right buttons, with a huge world and awesome weapons and gear that you get in the game.I love action/rpg games and This game is one Awesome ride, I will be playing for a long time.Now
    there are some problems with glitches and bugs here and there and from what I've heard some game crashes(which I haven't experienced yet Knock on wood)and sometimes a stuttery frame-rate but I can over look those things because I'm sure Vigil will fix those problems quickly.a must buy title worth 60 bucks. Expand
  14. Oct 3, 2012
    Yes this game is good. The ambient lighting effects, graphics and framerate alone make this game worth playing. I found myself sitting in the first dungeon just admiring the ambiant effects. I'd say this game is a great platform/adventure/RPG. I was skeptical at first but it progressively got better. It is well balanced and fluid. The menus can be slow to navigate and load times could be better as well as camera controls. Other than those minor flaws it shines. Animation and art direction of characters reminds me a lot of Warcraft. Expand
  15. Sep 6, 2012
    Eccovi finalemente la nostra recensione di Darksiders II, una delle poche uscite estive che meritano grande attenzione. Il gioco è un seguito un po' strano perchè, temporalmente, si svolge in parallelo alla storia narrata nel primo capitolo di quella che al momento è una saga (mancano ancora due cavalieri all'appello, bisognerà aspettare e sperare che THQ non spezzi il brand visti anche i suoi problemi finanziari) a metà. Il primo Darksiders fu una sorpresa per molti, "pubblicizzato" come action adventure che prendeva a piene mani dai mostri sacri del genere (Zelda e God of War su tutti) non ebbe il successo e la visibiltà sperata che arrivarono solo in tempi successivi, anche grazie all'annuncio di questo secondo capitolo in grado di migliorare esponenzialmente ogni aspetto del titolo originale.

Quello che ci salta subito all'occhio è la mancanza di un filo conduttore, mi spiego meglio. La trama principale, è si ben congeniata e seguibile ma se purtroppo fate parte del pubblico che non ha giocato l'avventura di Guerra rimarrete con dei dubbi nel procedere del gioco che non verrano svelati. Non ci sono dei "re-cap" sui fatti della storia e sui personaggi già apparsi nel primo capitolo. Questo è anche attendibile in maniera "virtuale", anche perchè ripeto che le storie si svolgono parallelamente, ma come media "reale" si pone con debolezza proponendo ai giocatori solo cut-scene sbrigative e dialoghi (quasi) tagliati a metà. Il difetto non è da poco ma tendo a precisare che è l'unico.

Il gioco grazie al level design ed al sistema di combattimento si pone come uno dei migliori del genere, almeno per questa generazione hardware. A differenza di Guerra, Morte, è molto veloce e dinamico nei combattimenti dandovi la sensazione di puntare quasi più sulla velocità che sulla forza bruta. Le armi saranno due: le vostre falci (arma principale) e come secondaria avrete la possibilità di scegliere tra manopole, lance, asce o martelli. Potrete personalizzare completamente il vostro protagonista con l'equipaggiamento che più vi aggrada, e sicuramente quello più performante. Si perchè sparsi nel mondo di gioco, oltre ai mercanti, ci saranno una miriade di forzieri da scovare ed aprire, per scovare l'arma o l'armatura sempre più forte.

Oltre a questo, Morte, accumulerà esperienza dopo ogni uccisione ed ogni livello che guadagnerete vi premierà con un punto da donare ad uno dei rami di abilità del personaggio: potrete optare per una specializzazione nel combattimento oppure per una sorta di potere magico, starà a voi scegliere quello che più vi sembra utile. Il mondo da esplorare è molto vasto e grazie all' ottimo level design non vi annoierete mai anche se la tipica routine del genere (cut-scene/dungeon/Boss) farà da padrone nel gioco. Ogni dungeon che visiterete vi offrirà, in base alle vostre scelte, la possibilità di essere completato in fretta e furia o, in maniera opposta, in modo"esplorativo" tipicamente in stile RPG cercando, magari, i forzieri di cui parlavo poco fa o uno dei moltissimi collezionabili presenti nel gioco. Il tutto si presenterà davanti a voi come una sorta di puzzle-game ambientale: leve, meccanismi da attivare o chiavi da recuperare saranno l'unico modo per progredire nell'avventura. Grazie a questo fattore e anche alle svariate side-quests che accompagneranno la trama principale il gioco potrebbe arrivare a durarvi quasi ben 30 ore, una longevità immensa se paragonata ai canoni degli ultimi tempi.

Dal punto di vista tecnico il titolo è una "semplice" evoluzione del predecessore: il motore di gioco è palesemente lo stesso upgradato nel corso dei due anni e mezzo che separano le due uscite, ma che sa farsi apprezzare. I modelli poligonali dei personaggi, almeno quelli principali, sono molto solidi e dettagliati, sono presenti ottimi effetti di luce e si possono notare ottime texture negli ambienti chiusi (il mondo esterno è si ben congeniato ma a voler essere pignoli scarseggia un po' nel dettaglio). Ogni tanto ho notato dei rallentamenti dovuti, secondo me, alla spremitura estrema di un hardware ormai datato (la prova è stata effettuata su 360) ma nel complesso il lavoro generale sul codice è di ottima fattura.

Traendo le ultime conclusioni sono dell'idea che questo Darksiders II sia uno dei migliori titoli usciti nel corso di questa generazione grazie anche alle ottime basi lasciate dall'avventura di Guerra. La narrazione debole potrebbe risultare un grave difetto ma in un'ipotetica saga mancante di ancora due titoli (in teoria) è un aspetto che secondo me è analizzabile in modo lungimirante piuttosto che sul solo gioco in questione. Il sistema di crescita e combattimento rendono l'esplorazione estremamente divertente ed il mondo di gioco vi colpirà con ambienti sempre nuovi e mai scontati. Correte ad acquistarlo (insieme al primo se manca alla vostra collezione) e dateci sotto con Morte. Buon divertimento!

Voto 9/10(www.videogiocare.org)
  16. Sep 5, 2012
    I must first say that although everyone is entitled to there opinion, to give Darksider 2 a score of 1 or 2 is ridiculous, and not a true review of the game. If anything it is an insult to the many people who have taken the time to make a beautiful, fun and in depth game. I was a huge fan of the first Darksiders and an even bigger fan of the next installment. If you are unsure about Darksiders 2 i would recommend buying the first one (you will get it pretty cheap now) and if you are please with it then you will love number 2.

I am extremely picky about what games i buy and it has been a long time since i have been excited about a new release, and a long time since i have paid the release price, but i have not been disappointed.

Vigil have combined the acrobatic fun of Prince of Persia, the rewarding levelling system of any good RPG, fantastic chunky combat system and a dream for the completionists out there (which i am one).

The loot system is great and plentiful, the story draws you in and the introduction to new abilities as you progress is fantastic. The game is huge and i still had no trouble keeping interest for playthrough 2. The puzzles have a great balance between challenging but not too difficult.

I have been fortunate enough to not have any game breakers. Overall great game that dares to brake from the norm and deserves to be recognised for what it has accomplished.
  17. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is fantastic. Great loot system, with different appearances on armor and weapons. Great secondary weapons, each with different charge attacks. The boss fights are amazing. The voice acting, especially Death, is awesome. Great graphics (for a console game), and the quests fit well into the amazing story. Only reason I don't give it a ten is because I haven't beat it yet to see the ending. This is a must buy for anyone who enjoyed the first one, and for the Story of the Horsemen. Expand
  18. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is fantastic even if it has a few bugs. The graphical options are not many but its not a problem. The story line is good and the rpg part for the game maked the game more fun. I like that they added dungeons to the game and looting. I suggest everyone to but the game because its fantastic.
  19. Aug 20, 2012
    A brilliant follow up to the first Darksiders - A gamer's game that deserves to be in the top tier of titles. I just hope the public supports it so they can make bother one
  20. Aug 20, 2012
    good ...... esperando que salga darksiders 3 ya que este me ha encantado, mejora muchos aspectos del anterior y ademas aporta aire nuevo al genero y esperemos que los competidores tomen en cuenta esto
  21. Aug 19, 2012
    Absolutely one of the best games of 2012. I've been working my way through this game for nearly three days now, and I have yet to become bored during my adventuring. Comparably, Skyrim and Kingdoms of Amalur grew increasingly tedious during their playthroughs, where as Darksiders 2 managers to provide a great combat/quests/platforming/looting/puzzles all in one amazing package. The scope of Darksiders 2 is miles and miles (literally) above the first game. The linear gameplay of the original title has been significantly broadened this time around and comes off feeling almost like a separate series entirely. A lot of reviews compare elements of this game to other well-known francises, and it's true that Darksiders 2 is pretty much the Frankenstein of the action-adventure RPG, and more often than not, this is a very good thing. The combat system feels like God of War mixed with a bit of Devil May Cry, the puzzles and some of the environments feel influenced by The Legend of Zelda series, the loot system seems pulled from Diablo/Torchlight, and the platforming plays out like a Prince of Persia title. 95% of the time it mixes amazingly well. This game will keep you busy for a very long time (at least 40 hours for the main story, more hours can be spent on the various sidequests and gathering all the collectibles), and I am already planning on replaying it on the Apocalyptic setting for extra replay value. I don't generally drop $60 on a title that I'm not 100% sure about, but Darksiders 2 has honestly given me more bang for my buck than almost any other game this year. Expand
  22. Aug 18, 2012
    Amazing game with everlasting game play, a great improvement from the previous even though i thought the previous was also great. Skill trees, levelling system and loot was a big hype for me. The environment just astonishing a job well done to THQ looking forward to darksiders 3 if there will be one.
  23. Aug 18, 2012
    I'm really impressed how polished this game feels, especially compared to the first Darksiders. It does borrow quite a bit of content from various great games, but it does it well and makes them all their own as in a sweet sort of homage. The voice work really stands out as does the story and dialogue, it's all superb. This one is a for sure buy. Fun game.
  24. Aug 18, 2012
    A really good sequel to the already great first opus. They took all that made it great, improved on it, then took all that was annoying, and made it pleasant! Sure to please the fans of the first, and to re-conciliate those who were disappointed by it.
  25. Aug 17, 2012
    I was skeptical about Darksiders II. Really, the first game wasn't amusing at all, and then all those fake accounts doing such positives reviews, I couldn't believe that this game is as great as they say. But Darksiders II is the great 2012 surprise to me, really - this game is amazing ! First of all, the new character - Death is way more charismatic and badass than his brother - War ; the gameplay is a mix of Legacy of Kain (Soul Reaver) / GOW combat style, plus KOA (Amalur) RPG and Prince of Persia movement (like climbing walls and jumping from ledges) , though this game doesn't feel original as it could be, Virgil made this game comfortable to play - with solid graphics, fluid combat and a new -and interesting- inventory/loot system and a whole new skill tree (just like Borderlands). I really want a Darksiders III - with four horsemen (War-Death-Strife and Fury) fighting together. It will take some time - probably a lot - but I can wait. Death **** lives. Expand
  26. Aug 17, 2012
    This game had surpassed my expectations and beyond. The gameplay along with the combat controls are perfect in everyway. Death handles the rogue attributes like a pro, rather than the brute bashing brother War, who was more of a beat em up style warrior. The game comes back at you with it's wonderful storytelling, along with it's beautiful decaying art-style. The soundtrack is one of the best, if not THE BEST game soundtracks of all time, I could let the game sit and just listen to the music while I read or write reviews. If you like fast-paced action, along with tons of loot and RPG elements, you'll love this game. Oh, and a quick reply to JBo796, they took out the double jump and replaced it with wall running. If you haven't noticed, if there was a double jump, you'd have easy access to too many areas that would otherwise be harder to get to.. You have to learn to run walls to get to where you want to go. Expand
  27. Aug 16, 2012
    It is an epic adventure that brings a lot of great RPG elements into one game. It is long and the boards are massive which makes you travel around and seek out what is out there. The game is much better than the first and really has been a step up.
  28. Aug 16, 2012
    It is a sequel but it is not a direct follow up to the first game as far as gameplay is concerned. Sure it is still an Action RPG but Vigil has added so much more than what is in the first including skill trees, loot, side quests and so much more. If you couldnt wait to see the story play out after the "No, not alone" ending of Darksiders 1 well unfortunately you will have to a little longer(hopefully). But Deaths story alone is still a great one. Death is a more agile combatant than war he can dodge much more effectively than his brother but doesnt do as much damage it seems, which is fine because you can let your summoned ghouls and murder of crows pick up the slack :) Expand
  29. Aug 16, 2012
    I love the game. I completed Darksiders 1 and have now played about 5h in this one. I like the attitude of Death and the huge, nice maps. The crow makes it easier so you dont get lost. Only thing i dislike is the graphic of Death, but otherwise this is a great game!
  30. Aug 16, 2012
    Amazing game! Gorgeous characters and world design, great voice work and a real old school dungeon crawler feel with all the modern day bits from classic's like Zelda, Prince of Persia and Devil May Cry all thrown into the mix. You can quite readily approach the game at your own pace. Choosing to go off and pilfer and loot forgotten chests to your hearts content or follow the quest line and learn new abilities as you level up, earn ever improving weapons and armor and progress through this great tie in of a story to it's predecessor. Outside of the main game you have the new Arena mode which allows you to fight against wave after wave of enemies for increasingly better loot , be warned however, if you die you lose everything. This can really force you to up your game and gives the Arena a great sense of urgency, making each battle increasingly tense. The feeling when you know you've earned a great reward and chosen to risk it all for the taste of something even sweeter is invigorating and how a game should be enjoyed. The combat indecently is very satisfying and pacey. Gone is the brute force and strength of War and in it's place a new sleeker combat system. If I were to liken it to something, then it would be a 'Devil May Cry light' style of combat. You have your standard enemy grapple and main dual wielded weapons, intended for quick combos, pummeling your enemy before you dodge out of range again. Death is a lean combatant, he cannot parry or block enemy strikes so dodging will become your friend here. You also wield a heavier and incidentally slower secondary weapon which deals greater damage and can break through some tougher enemies defenses that Death's scythes cannot. A ranged pistol will soon become your ever present companion also, good for quick bursts of ranged damage. The pistol is less of a focus in Death's combat in comparison to his other weapons, the pistol being more integral to the games vast puzzles, which you frequently encounter along Deaths journey through conveniently parkour friendly architecture. Death will encounter environmental blockages he must traverse with an assortment of talents, from wall running, to climbing, to a ghostly grapple; swinging from point to point. All sprinkled with certain environmental items and golem helpers . Death can also often be found blowing holes in wall after wall with a toss of a bomb and a quick shot from the hip of your pistol, opening a new passage. Puzzles will reveal areas unreachable through standard adventuring and will reap the player rewards such as hulking chest which Death rips open in a triumphant smash of nether world magic to poor more loot into you hulking inventory or the ever elusive quest keys, which can be found throughout dungeons or as rewards from defeating the games many bosses. A boss battle in Darksiders II joins a rank of so few, that only games of the caliber of Shadow of the Colossus and Dark Souls can hope to rub shoulders with what's been accomplished in this game. Gone are the quick time events of old and anew we find a game where each Boss encountered is as gleeful and exhilarating to the player to enjoy as it clearly was for the creators to craft. Enemies will employ varyied tactics hoping to stop Death in his quest to reap them. Each encounter is compelling, often lasting several minutes and challenges the player to adapt, track the enemies patterns and discern how best to tackle these determined and monstrous opponents. These enemies may be the highlight of the game, but as Death you find yourself in a world so vast you will need to travel great distances to reach these encounters. Compared to the original, the game world and the playground Death now inhabits has grown in spades. Totaling between 3 and 4 times it's predecessor. The environments are richly varied and detailed, the occasional muddy textures will be forgiven in the wake of such a masterfully crafted world. Death will not be alone on his journey. He can summon his trusty stead outside of cities and traverse the games many environments in a flash. The game offers a quick travel system also, making some task far less trivial and hastening you towards your next encounter. Many players may want to take the extra time to travel the land my horse back however. The music is exquisite and finds that balance so few games can find in allowing the music dip seamlessly into the background as you feel it express your adventure, your trials emote the world, it's environments. Death's journey through the game brings many joys to the player. The game seems to scream at the top of it's lungs it's unashamed to borrow from it's peers whole hardheartedly and concoct a new formula, blending the old with the new. When Death's adventure comes to a close, you will have learned many facts and stories about the world you inhabit. However, this is a game demanding to be played again, going so far as to offering a Game+ mode for those who have completed it Expand

1. Nov 28, 2012
    While trying to revitalize the Zelda formula with modern developments is an admirable goal, Darksiders II's developers just can't seem to get a handle on how to make such a thing work. For two games now they've tried adding hi-octane combat, a Western-style story, and ability trees, but it's never managed to gel. The things that made games like Zelda, God of War, Prince of Persia, and even Shadow of the Colossus great are all on display here, but the Darksiders series still hasn't figured out how to use them effectively enough to stand on its own.
  2. Oct 4, 2012
    Darksiders II is full of enormous environments and dungeons to traverse to and explore, even more fantastical enemies and large-scale bosses to battle, and plenty of challenging hacking, slashing and loot collecting.
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    A stunning achievement in creative larceny that improves on its predecessor in pretty much every way that matters. A pity about the lacklustre endgame though. [Oct 2012, p.49]