Darksiders II Xbox 360

8.2

1. May 22, 2015
    As Death, one of the four horseman of the apocalypse, your brother, War, is being sentenced to death for killing the human race. You can’t prove his innocence but you intend to erase the crime by resurrecting humanity. This game’s apocalyptic settings are awesome and its art style, as well as its totally epic music, add to the presentation. The interesting characters you meet on your epicAs Death, one of the four horseman of the apocalypse, your brother, War, is being sentenced to death for killing the human race. You can’t prove his innocence but you intend to erase the crime by resurrecting humanity. This game’s apocalyptic settings are awesome and its art style, as well as its totally epic music, add to the presentation. The interesting characters you meet on your epic journey are well voice acted. You’ll slay herds of demons with scythes, claws (claw weapons, more specifically) and heavy weapons such as hammers as you traverse through Zelda-like dungeons, solving puzzles, acquiring new equipment, and fighting an epic boss at the end of each (plus the game has platforming and RPG elements that work well). It's great overall, but some dungeons feel shoehorned in just to add length to the game and some puzzles can get frustrating. The gameplay, the mystical world full of demons, monsters and Corruption, the soundtrack and the interesting story all come together to make one fine action/adventure game! Would reccomend to fans of action/adventure games and action-RPG's. Expand
  2. May 15, 2013
    The game is on the longer end of satisfying, but there are tons of great things about it: the combat is fast, frantic, and dynamic. The RPG elements allow you to style yourself into your own weapon of death, and you upgrade your equipment often enough to make it an important part of the game. There's tons of loot as well, so that should be pleasing to RPG fans. The only downsides are theThe game is on the longer end of satisfying, but there are tons of great things about it: the combat is fast, frantic, and dynamic. The RPG elements allow you to style yourself into your own weapon of death, and you upgrade your equipment often enough to make it an important part of the game. There's tons of loot as well, so that should be pleasing to RPG fans. The only downsides are the various bugs and repetitive nature of the puzzles- while the game is consistently challenging, at times I found myself thinking "I wish I were done with this temple already", mostly because I wanted to get back into fighting. I would recommend this game to any adventure RPG fan. Here's to hoping they make a third! Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2012
    One of the best games i have played in awhile, people really need to stop trolling, i'm a PS3 fan, but this game is as good or even better than God of War 3, it's not a clone imo.
  4. Dec 2, 2012
    This is so far the only game this year that deserves a perfect 10. The graphics are breathtaking, the gameplay is incredibly well balanced and motivating, the story is deep, interesting, consistent and continuous. I really like the first darksiders, but having had little luck with sequels so far (think AC3, ME3, H4, ...) I was a bit weary. Instead, they upped the ante - longer gameplay,This is so far the only game this year that deserves a perfect 10. The graphics are breathtaking, the gameplay is incredibly well balanced and motivating, the story is deep, interesting, consistent and continuous. I really like the first darksiders, but having had little luck with sequels so far (think AC3, ME3, H4, ...) I was a bit weary. Instead, they upped the ante - longer gameplay, more interesting characters, better gfx, a great score etc. pp. Loved it to death, a bit scared that any sequel will have to fight hard to stay competitive. One other reviewer pointed out how this game managed to not become tedious like the other big rpgs of late (Skyrim - loved it, but it had a bit of the repetetive). I concur completely. If I ever meet people from Vigil who worked on DII, they won't need to worry about buying their own drinks. Seriously. Expand
  5. Aug 14, 2012
    Awesome Game, fluid combat, nice graphics, good story, nice length...I like just about everything about this game. Well worth the cost, and something you will definately want to add to your library!
  6. Apr 28, 2017
    Un juego impresionante, la duración esta mas que bien ya que dura mas de 40 horas (a mi 42), hay una buena cantidad de enemigos como de armas y armaduras, los jefes son buenos y la historia también aunque claramente deja la trama abierta para otro juego mas de esta saga, le falta mas cantidad de misiones secundarias aunque las que tiene son buenas y los puzzles son simplemente excelentes.Un juego impresionante, la duración esta mas que bien ya que dura mas de 40 horas (a mi 42), hay una buena cantidad de enemigos como de armas y armaduras, los jefes son buenos y la historia también aunque claramente deja la trama abierta para otro juego mas de esta saga, le falta mas cantidad de misiones secundarias aunque las que tiene son buenas y los puzzles son simplemente excelentes.
    En fin el juego lo recomiendo totalmente.
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    Darksiders 2 is a great game.
    Darksiders 2 is a great game.
    Vigil games did a great job this time around.everything seems much better than darksiders 1(which wasn't a bad game)but just didn't feel quite right.But Darksiders 2 hit all the right buttons, with a huge world and awesome weapons and gear that you get in the game.I love action/rpg games and This game is one Awesome ride, I will be playing for a long time.Now there are some problems with glitches and bugs here and there and from what I've heard some game crashes(which I haven't experienced yet Knock on wood)and sometimes a stuttery frame-rate but I can over look those things because I'm sure Vigil will fix those problems quickly.a must buy title worth 60 bucks.
  8. Oct 2, 2016
    This is a very, very good game. It has just about every element of an open world game, but the world and travel is just a touch too restrictive to really call it that. The only lacking elements are the side quests and leveling-up system. Leveling doesn't seem to really affect you much, and there isn't alot of stuff to do off the beaten path that would really benefit a player who reallyThis is a very, very good game. It has just about every element of an open world game, but the world and travel is just a touch too restrictive to really call it that. The only lacking elements are the side quests and leveling-up system. Leveling doesn't seem to really affect you much, and there isn't alot of stuff to do off the beaten path that would really benefit a player who really likes to explore every corner and get more experience or gear. The side quests are pretty hard to follow; the guidance system doesn't seem to work too well for them and the quest givers frequently move around making them hard to return to when you do complete their tasks.

Those minor issues are easy to ignore when the game is as well-paced and balanced as this one. Combat is almost reminiscent of a Souls game; if you're not comfortable dodging, observing and playing patiently you will get burned hard in some stages of the game. Boss fights are challenging and rewarding. The game never gets too caught up in combat, breaking it up smartly with platforming and riddling. Those, too, are not too long or arduous to make them no-fun. Just when you think you should be expecting a fight, one comes up. And just when you think you won't survive another wave of enemies, you finish them off and move to the next puzzle.

The meat of the story and the main game mechanics are good enough to cover auxiliary features that are not even bad, they're just not as good as the primary stuff. Challenging, exciting and fun, Darksiders 2 is certainly a game worth playing.
  9. Oct 31, 2012
    More Darksiders goodness. While it's very similar in some ways to the first iteration there is enough to make it interesting and a true sequel to a great game. That being said I still found War to be more interesting to play than Death and felt this one to be a smidge more repetitive than the first though I can't think of any solid reason to not rate it an 8 along side it's brother. TwoMore Darksiders goodness. While it's very similar in some ways to the first iteration there is enough to make it interesting and a true sequel to a great game. That being said I still found War to be more interesting to play than Death and felt this one to be a smidge more repetitive than the first though I can't think of any solid reason to not rate it an 8 along side it's brother. Two rock solid games for your collection... Expand
  10. May 17, 2015
    I love the fact that it is not just a fighting game. Some of the puzzles are really hard so you can expect a little bit of challenge from this game. Great story and gameplay.
  11. Sep 19, 2013
    combining most of the popular games in the gaming history like Devil May Cry and Zelda is the hybrid of darksiders that won me over the game is truly underrated and just the best game on Xbox 360 without a doubt the the characters are more lovable than the Darksiders 1 and just as good the game is just amazing and a great good from THQ
  12. Jan 29, 2013
    RIP DARKSIDERS 3. This game is great and has become a vast improvement of the first (which was also pretty awesome) with its implementation of various rpg mechanics such as weapon and armor drops and skills. Unfortunately this is gonna be the last Darksiders with the bankruptcy of THQ as no doubt it would've been even better.
  13. Aug 15, 2012
    This game was NOT what I expected! I **** LOVE IT, amazing story great breathe taking worlds and enviroments! The RPG elements are perfect from the armor to the leveling up and the open world just make this far superior to the first! There was a goose bump worthy epic fighting barely an hour into the game! I am loving it and know I will love it the rest of the way through GET THIS **** GAME
  14. Oct 19, 2012
    Overall, a great game. The combat is intense and action-packed, the puzzle-solving is really good for the most part, the RPG elements are top-notch, and the art style is simply gorgeous. It's not perfect, though. The frame rate issues from the first Darksiders are back, the controls will occasionally glitch out, and the storytelling took a turn for the worst. Not much about the first gameOverall, a great game. The combat is intense and action-packed, the puzzle-solving is really good for the most part, the RPG elements are top-notch, and the art style is simply gorgeous. It's not perfect, though. The frame rate issues from the first Darksiders are back, the controls will occasionally glitch out, and the storytelling took a turn for the worst. Not much about the first game is truly explained, and the ending hardly results in a satisfying conclusion. Nevertheless, the game's problems aren't nearly enough to hold it back from being an enjoyable experience, and the game is without a doubt a vast improvement over its predecessor. Vigil still has a long way to go if they want this franchise to be elite, but if Darksiders II gets enough sales to allow Darksiders III to happen, I think there's a good chance elite status will be achieved. Whether or not that happens... only time will tell. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2012
    This game is just a very beautiful game. Everything about it is awesome. The only reason I give it an 8 is because it had some day one glitches that kept the player from progressing. Other than that this game is a must especially if you played the first one. If you haven't grab both and start with D1. You will not be disappointed.
  16. Feb 1, 2014
    Darksiders 2 is a Hack n Slash/ Adventure game. You as Death. It take place after to the first game. I didn't play the first game so I don't the full story. The gameplay reminds of Zelda with God of War mix to it. The music is amazing. You could unlock weapons, armor, and perks. You could also learn new combos. The game is every fun. When you save the game, and load it, you jump where youDarksiders 2 is a Hack n Slash/ Adventure game. You as Death. It take place after to the first game. I didn't play the first game so I don't the full story. The gameplay reminds of Zelda with God of War mix to it. The music is amazing. You could unlock weapons, armor, and perks. You could also learn new combos. The game is every fun. When you save the game, and load it, you jump where you left off. I thought that was cool. I wasn't really look forward to this game but when I try it, but when I play it, I loved it. I say give it a try. Expand
  17. Aug 20, 2012
    A brilliant follow up to the first Darksiders - A gamer's game that deserves to be in the top tier of titles. I just hope the public supports it so they can make bother one
  18. Aug 14, 2012
    Perfect game, played almost 8 hours and i am still in first realm of four ! Recommend to play Darksiders 1 before DS2 for better understanding of whole game/story and thus better game experience. And please don`t even look on "reviews" like that from "viverra4" he is imbecile and the puzzles which are in DS2 are too much for him.

A.K.A puzzles are pretty fun too.
  19. Sep 6, 2012
    Eccovi finalemente la nostra recensione di Darksiders II, una delle poche uscite estive che meritano grande attenzione. Il gioco è un seguito un po' strano perchè, temporalmente, si svolge in parallelo alla storia narrata nel primo capitolo di quella che al momento è una saga (mancano ancora due cavalieri all'appello, bisognerà aspettare e sperare che THQ nonEccovi finalemente la nostra recensione di Darksiders II, una delle poche uscite estive che meritano grande attenzione. Il gioco è un seguito un po' strano perchè, temporalmente, si svolge in parallelo alla storia narrata nel primo capitolo di quella che al momento è una saga (mancano ancora due cavalieri all'appello, bisognerà aspettare e sperare che THQ non spezzi il brand visti anche i suoi problemi finanziari) a metà. Il primo Darksiders fu una sorpresa per molti, "pubblicizzato" come action adventure che prendeva a piene mani dai mostri sacri del genere (Zelda e God of War su tutti) non ebbe il successo e la visibiltà sperata che arrivarono solo in tempi successivi, anche grazie all'annuncio di questo secondo capitolo in grado di migliorare esponenzialmente ogni aspetto del titolo originale.

Quello che ci salta subito all'occhio è la mancanza di un filo conduttore, mi spiego meglio. La trama principale, è si ben congeniata e seguibile ma se purtroppo fate parte del pubblico che non ha giocato l'avventura di Guerra rimarrete con dei dubbi nel procedere del gioco che non verrano svelati. Non ci sono dei "re-cap" sui fatti della storia e sui personaggi già apparsi nel primo capitolo. Questo è anche attendibile in maniera "virtuale", anche perchè ripeto che le storie si svolgono parallelamente, ma come media "reale" si pone con debolezza proponendo ai giocatori solo cut-scene sbrigative e dialoghi (quasi) tagliati a metà. Il difetto non è da poco ma tendo a precisare che è l'unico.

Il gioco grazie al level design ed al sistema di combattimento si pone come uno dei migliori del genere, almeno per questa generazione hardware. A differenza di Guerra, Morte, è molto veloce e dinamico nei combattimenti dandovi la sensazione di puntare quasi più sulla velocità che sulla forza bruta. Le armi saranno due: le vostre falci (arma principale) e come secondaria avrete la possibilità di scegliere tra manopole, lance, asce o martelli. Potrete personalizzare completamente il vostro protagonista con l'equipaggiamento che più vi aggrada, e sicuramente quello più performante. Si perchè sparsi nel mondo di gioco, oltre ai mercanti, ci saranno una miriade di forzieri da scovare ed aprire, per scovare l'arma o l'armatura sempre più forte.

Oltre a questo, Morte, accumulerà esperienza dopo ogni uccisione ed ogni livello che guadagnerete vi premierà con un punto da donare ad uno dei rami di abilità del personaggio: potrete optare per una specializzazione nel combattimento oppure per una sorta di potere magico, starà a voi scegliere quello che più vi sembra utile. Il mondo da esplorare è molto vasto e grazie all' ottimo level design non vi annoierete mai anche se la tipica routine del genere (cut-scene/dungeon/Boss) farà da padrone nel gioco. Ogni dungeon che visiterete vi offrirà, in base alle vostre scelte, la possibilità di essere completato in fretta e furia o, in maniera opposta, in modo"esplorativo" tipicamente in stile RPG cercando, magari, i forzieri di cui parlavo poco fa o uno dei moltissimi collezionabili presenti nel gioco. Il tutto si presenterà davanti a voi come una sorta di puzzle-game ambientale: leve, meccanismi da attivare o chiavi da recuperare saranno l'unico modo per progredire nell'avventura. Grazie a questo fattore e anche alle svariate side-quests che accompagneranno la trama principale il gioco potrebbe arrivare a durarvi quasi ben 30 ore, una longevità immensa se paragonata ai canoni degli ultimi tempi.

Dal punto di vista tecnico il titolo è una "semplice" evoluzione del predecessore: il motore di gioco è palesemente lo stesso upgradato nel corso dei due anni e mezzo che separano le due uscite, ma che sa farsi apprezzare. I modelli poligonali dei personaggi, almeno quelli principali, sono molto solidi e dettagliati, sono presenti ottimi effetti di luce e si possono notare ottime texture negli ambienti chiusi (il mondo esterno è si ben congeniato ma a voler essere pignoli scarseggia un po' nel dettaglio). Ogni tanto ho notato dei rallentamenti dovuti, secondo me, alla spremitura estrema di un hardware ormai datato (la prova è stata effettuata su 360) ma nel complesso il lavoro generale sul codice è di ottima fattura.

Traendo le ultime conclusioni sono dell'idea che questo Darksiders II sia uno dei migliori titoli usciti nel corso di questa generazione grazie anche alle ottime basi lasciate dall'avventura di Guerra. La narrazione debole potrebbe risultare un grave difetto ma in un'ipotetica saga mancante di ancora due titoli (in teoria) è un aspetto che secondo me è analizzabile in modo lungimirante piuttosto che sul solo gioco in questione. Il sistema di crescita e combattimento rendono l'esplorazione estremamente divertente ed il mondo di gioco vi colpirà con ambienti sempre nuovi e mai scontati. Correte ad acquistarlo (insieme al primo se manca alla vostra collezione) e dateci sotto con Morte. Buon divertimento!

Voto 9/10(www.videogiocare.org)
  20. Aug 1, 2014
    Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks on a journey to redeem his brother's name. Become the terrifying force which everyone fears but nothing can escape.
  21. Aug 14, 2012
    Given how much I loved Darksiders 1, I doubt there's anyway I wouldn't enjoy the sequel. Death seems to be a very interesting character. I've only seen a few trailers and 1 other video (trying to stay away from spoilers), but I'm definitely excited. I wish the bots/idiots would stop making random accounts, making 1 review showing a 0 score with garbled text. I hope THQ get's back on it'sGiven how much I loved Darksiders 1, I doubt there's anyway I wouldn't enjoy the sequel. Death seems to be a very interesting character. I've only seen a few trailers and 1 other video (trying to stay away from spoilers), but I'm definitely excited. I wish the bots/idiots would stop making random accounts, making 1 review showing a 0 score with garbled text. I hope THQ get's back on it's feet so there will be a Darksiders III! Expand
  22. Jan 14, 2013
    PC Version Review(with troubleshooting tips for ATI) - I was a bit late to the franchise because the trailers didn't grab me.. I thought the art was derivative of WoW and it just seemed like a cheesy cartoon.. I bought in during an Amazon sale and as it turns out I was totally wrong. The art and production value here is actually on par with the best I've ever seen in a game, which isPC Version Review(with troubleshooting tips for ATI) - I was a bit late to the franchise because the trailers didn't grab me.. I thought the art was derivative of WoW and it just seemed like a cheesy cartoon.. I bought in during an Amazon sale and as it turns out I was totally wrong. The art and production value here is actually on par with the best I've ever seen in a game, which is quite an accolade. That is if you can squeeze the performance out of your pc.. I had a lot of debilitating stuttering at first so I had to research fixes. I run ati/amd so I picked up a utility called RadeonPro. The nvidia counterpart is Rivatuner. Vsync wasn't a big issue for me(no tearing) but I got less stutter when I locked my fps to 60, turned on triple buffering and turned vsync on. I also forced some AntiAliasing and turned anisotropic filtering(key for eye candy). Turn texture filtering and mipmap up and put texture LOD to -.5. The biggest performance gain was from turning my resolution down, but no big deal there, I ended up averaging around 40-60 fps with very minimal/infrequent stutter in big open areas on a mid/lower high end pc. Totally different game experience with the eye candy turned on. I've never seen such lovingly crafted level design and detail. I just wandered around amazed at what I was seeing, taking screenshots. It's freaking amazing how much effort was put into environmental stuff like stone flooring which looks like it was painted.. I just wandered around immersed in what I was seeing for a couple hours! Even if the gameplay was crap(it's not) just experiencing the ambient love this game offers makes it a must have/win. As has been mentioned many kudos to the soundtrack engineer, Jesper Kyd for the highly original immersion his tracks provide to the gameplay. Just awesome. As for the gameplay itself, I hope this mad combo of rpg, platforming/puzzle and hack n' is a theme other developers will champion.. because its so much fun. You explore, loot, fight truly epic bosses, access many sweet weapons/fighting styles and you get a decent story to top it off. They've blended the quirky evil of Devil May Cry with the steroidal fury of Space Marine and thrown it all into fantasy land and voila, gaming magic. I much prefer the direction here to both of those (mostly)excellent games. Did I mention epic horseback combat on a flaming green demonic steed which power stampedes enemies into an exploding grimy mist? Just play this game. Expand
  23. Aug 17, 2012
    I was skeptical about Darksiders II. Really, the first game wasn't amusing at all, and then all those fake accounts doing such positives reviews, I couldn't believe that this game is as great as they say. But Darksiders II is the great 2012 surprise to me, really - this game is amazing ! First of all, the new character - Death is way more charismatic and badass than his brother - War ; theI was skeptical about Darksiders II. Really, the first game wasn't amusing at all, and then all those fake accounts doing such positives reviews, I couldn't believe that this game is as great as they say. But Darksiders II is the great 2012 surprise to me, really - this game is amazing ! First of all, the new character - Death is way more charismatic and badass than his brother - War ; the gameplay is a mix of Legacy of Kain (Soul Reaver) / GOW combat style, plus KOA (Amalur) RPG and Prince of Persia movement (like climbing walls and jumping from ledges) , though this game doesn't feel original as it could be, Virgil made this game comfortable to play - with solid graphics, fluid combat and a new -and interesting- inventory/loot system and a whole new skill tree (just like Borderlands). I really want a Darksiders III - with four horsemen (War-Death-Strife and Fury) fighting together. It will take some time - probably a lot - but I can wait. Death **** lives. Expand
  24. Aug 15, 2012
    Fantastic. They improved the combat system, added a skill tree, loot, and much more content. No game is perfect, but this game has all of my teeth sunk in. Good story, great voices, and a ton of fun.
  25. Oct 27, 2012
    A Solid Game. What Darksiders II does well is the feel of adventure with all the action. Its great to ride the open plains on your horse, occasionally killing things as you ride. the games art style is great, bringing a very cool stylized world. The story though not amazing, is enough to keep you trudging on. There are a good number of side quests to keep you busy and of course though notA Solid Game. What Darksiders II does well is the feel of adventure with all the action. Its great to ride the open plains on your horse, occasionally killing things as you ride. the games art style is great, bringing a very cool stylized world. The story though not amazing, is enough to keep you trudging on. There are a good number of side quests to keep you busy and of course though not a very strong loot system, it still makes you check every weapon that drops. RPG factors are good with some good changes to spice up combat. If you want a good adventure game to spend some time in pick it up! Expand
  26. Aug 6, 2015
    Let me start by saying that I want to give it an 8.5 but the option simply doesn't exist. Death's quest to redeem his brother, War, by resurrecting Earth's entire human population seems like a silly story, and it kind of is. However, it gives you a thinly veiled excuse to romp through colorful dungeons with incredibly fun and satisfying platforming segments, several "AHA!" uses ofLet me start by saying that I want to give it an 8.5 but the option simply doesn't exist. Death's quest to redeem his brother, War, by resurrecting Earth's entire human population seems like a silly story, and it kind of is. However, it gives you a thinly veiled excuse to romp through colorful dungeons with incredibly fun and satisfying platforming segments, several "AHA!" uses of equipment shamelessly ripped off from other games, and an interesting tale loosely based on biblical mythos. The combat is a satisfying hack n slash affair that allows you to move between primary scythe attacks and secondary weapons with ease; the smallest input makes death whirl around like a hulked out, angry Wolverine. This gives an 'Oh, wow!' eye candy flair to the whole affair, and you can actually find some pretty useful combos in there if you check your button imputs and time your strikes properly. It also moves much more fluidly than the first game as death dodge rolls around giant monsters as they narrowly miss with what would have been devastating attacks.
    The best part of the game is, of course, the loot system stripped directly from Diablo. The equipment even uses the same colors to illuminate how rare a particular item is. One little tweak, though, is the rare Possessed Items. You can sacrifice your equipment to a Possessed item and it will gain attributes based on the properties of the equipment it was fed. For instance, if you want a Possessed weapon to do more fire damage, you must feed it other weapons that do fire damage. Upon leveling the weapon up, you can choose a new attribute for your weapon based on its diet and you get to see how your choices have updated the attributes it already had.
    The game plays like a mix of Zelda and God of War with a dash of Diablo and (Believe it or not) Portal. As I said earlier, it shamelessly takes things from other games and equips them like a better item in a loot drop, but it does it so well that I really can't complain. It's almost like a giant love letter to the games we all loved stamped with new characters and a moderately interesting story. It's just a well executed and entertaining game that does way too much and does it swimmingly. Solid title, loads of fun.
  27. Nov 15, 2014
    A over looked diamond in the rough here! It is a brilliant combat game with many dungeon crawler elements sneaked in, well worth a try, its probably cheap on Amazon and second hand gaming stores right now as well.
  28. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is fantastic. Great loot system, with different appearances on armor and weapons. Great secondary weapons, each with different charge attacks. The boss fights are amazing. The voice acting, especially Death, is awesome. Great graphics (for a console game), and the quests fit well into the amazing story. Only reason I don't give it a ten is because I haven't beat it yet to seeThis game is fantastic. Great loot system, with different appearances on armor and weapons. Great secondary weapons, each with different charge attacks. The boss fights are amazing. The voice acting, especially Death, is awesome. Great graphics (for a console game), and the quests fit well into the amazing story. Only reason I don't give it a ten is because I haven't beat it yet to see the ending. This is a must buy for anyone who enjoyed the first one, and for the Story of the Horsemen. Expand
  29. Aug 14, 2012
    A sequel to Darksiders that is at the same time continuation and evolution. It is a very well crafted RPG with a stunning esthetic. Darksiders 2 pleased that Legacy of Kain itch I had while being something of its own.
  30. Aug 16, 2012
    It is a sequel but it is not a direct follow up to the first game as far as gameplay is concerned. Sure it is still an Action RPG but Vigil has added so much more than what is in the first including skill trees, loot, side quests and so much more. If you couldnt wait to see the story play out after the "No, not alone" ending of Darksiders 1 well unfortunately you will have to a littleIt is a sequel but it is not a direct follow up to the first game as far as gameplay is concerned. Sure it is still an Action RPG but Vigil has added so much more than what is in the first including skill trees, loot, side quests and so much more. If you couldnt wait to see the story play out after the "No, not alone" ending of Darksiders 1 well unfortunately you will have to a little longer(hopefully). But Deaths story alone is still a great one. Death is a more agile combatant than war he can dodge much more effectively than his brother but doesnt do as much damage it seems, which is fine because you can let your summoned ghouls and murder of crows pick up the slack :) Expand

1. Nov 28, 2012
    While trying to revitalize the Zelda formula with modern developments is an admirable goal, Darksiders II's developers just can't seem to get a handle on how to make such a thing work. For two games now they've tried adding hi-octane combat, a Western-style story, and ability trees, but it's never managed to gel. The things that made games like Zelda, God of War, Prince of Persia, and even Shadow of the Colossus great are all on display here, but the Darksiders series still hasn't figured out how to use them effectively enough to stand on its own.
  2. Oct 4, 2012
    Darksiders II is full of enormous environments and dungeons to traverse to and explore, even more fantastical enemies and large-scale bosses to battle, and plenty of challenging hacking, slashing and loot collecting.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Sep 18, 2012
    A stunning achievement in creative larceny that improves on its predecessor in pretty much every way that matters. A pity about the lacklustre endgame though. [Oct 2012, p.49]