6.9

1. Aug 21, 2012
    I loved playing dead island, it got me playing non-stop for hours on end, being able to smash those zombies into pieces with my weapon was really damn fun, the character animation (cinematics) weren't too bad, and neither was the voice acting, but they weren't exactly top notch. I liked the character interface and the fact that I could choose what weapons I could use and what skills toI loved playing dead island, it got me playing non-stop for hours on end, being able to smash those zombies into pieces with my weapon was really damn fun, the character animation (cinematics) weren't too bad, and neither was the voice acting, but they weren't exactly top notch. I liked the character interface and the fact that I could choose what weapons I could use and what skills to use, its a great game to play with friends and on your own too. Overall, I really liked it and would recommend it. Expand
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    I see Dead Island as an accomplishment for a studio like Deep Silver. I'm amazed of how large each location is in Dead Island, and the combat is varied and fun. It really feels like a survival horror game meets Borderlands. The gore is a huge plus as well, and the enemies keep surprising me based on newer ones being introduced. I've put in 20 hours so far, and I'm still not done!

My

My only complaints with the game is the voice acting is horrendous. It's laughable to hear what people have to say, and nothing is taken seriously because of it. The main characters are very generic, and the story is like the life of a dog..."Hey! Go fetch this while I stand here and do nothing!" It gets annoying at times, but overall Dead Island is a good game.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    Good graphics, good combat, beautiful environment to explore. Yet. it really lacks in terms of narrative. As a survival horror it actually works quite well. But it really is a series of hubs, loaded with pointless fetch quests. A real shame that it did not live up to the emotional depth of the trailer. Overall: It is well worth a go simply for the visuals alone. But don't expect too muchGood graphics, good combat, beautiful environment to explore. Yet. it really lacks in terms of narrative. As a survival horror it actually works quite well. But it really is a series of hubs, loaded with pointless fetch quests. A real shame that it did not live up to the emotional depth of the trailer. Overall: It is well worth a go simply for the visuals alone. But don't expect too much in terms of depth and meaning in this game. Just another mindless action horror that just does not live up to its potential. Expand
  4. Dec 25, 2012
    It could have been better, the characters seen dead in their facial expressions and are real weird when moving sometimes, and forget about that "Hell in Paradise" thing, the Resort is just the first scenario and the others are just too boring and don't live to the promise of fighting zombies in an Tropical Heaven, but it's a great and addicting game in the end, I even got 100+ in-game hours in it
  5. May 2, 2014
    It's a shame this wasn't a Rockstar or Bethesda game or the like. It would've gotten better reviews. Personally, I didn't experience any bugs playing it. I bought it after the first price drop. Games like Skyrim (which I love as well) get a 9.5 and game of the year but are UNPLAYABLE on certain systems for the first year or two. I found this game to be quite enjoyable. It didn'tIt's a shame this wasn't a Rockstar or Bethesda game or the like. It would've gotten better reviews. Personally, I didn't experience any bugs playing it. I bought it after the first price drop. Games like Skyrim (which I love as well) get a 9.5 and game of the year but are UNPLAYABLE on certain systems for the first year or two. I found this game to be quite enjoyable. It didn't reinvent the wheel, but for an open world, melee-based first person zombie slasher with RPG and loot elements it is 1st in it's class. I found the gameplay systems and quest set-up similar to Borderlands. You "honest and fair" reviewers out there make me wanna sew your Mom's gaping hole shut for birthing you, assuming there's enough yarn. Expand
  6. Feb 16, 2013
    Fun game, but the gameplay can get a little repetitive. Playing w/friends is when the game is at it's best and the plethora of melee weapons/upgrades are pretty neat. Don't waste too much time w/guns though, they are really only needed when fighting other people. DLC is also pretty fun, but like the game, it can get a little old after a while.
  7. Mar 7, 2013
    "Dead Island" was something I really wasn't expecting. It's a little rough around the edges, but it pulls enough punches to be a really freaking good game.

PROS: Good story. Nice variety of weapons to use. LOVE the customization options for the weapons. The graphics are great to look at. Great exploration factor. Game rewards you for completing tough challenges. CONS: Game is a

CONS: Game is a little light on character development for everyone but the main quartet. Some of the special zombies feel like they were ripped straight out of Left 4 Dead. Puzzles can be infuriating at times, especially in tight spaces. Banoi is a little too big, it could've used a downsizing.

OVERALL: "Dead Island" is a fun, fast-paced zombie RPG that will have you on the edge of your seat. It may be rough in some spots, but the good sides are enough to make up for it.
  8. Mar 21, 2016
    I had high hopes for this games as the idea of a sandbox type zombie brawler game sounded interesting. However, after finally having played it I have to say that I was very disappointed by how lazy this game feels in its execution. Now, there is fun to be had (I was mildly amused the first 4-5 hours) but as the game continued all its flaws started to stick out more and more.

The story

The story is less than bare bones with characters so uninteresting they might as well just be text messages telling you where to go next, and when the game seems so disinterested in telling a coherent story and about everything that happens and everyone you meet, then why should I care at all?
    It just feels lazy.

Secondly, we have the combat, which stays basically exactly the same from start to finish in terms of moves. The only real variation in combat is in the crafted weaponry, and that frankly gets old faster than a mayfly. Add to that the lack of feel of reach and impact and you’ve got a very underwhelming combat system – no matter how many limbs you can cut off (if you can get around the rather awkward hit detection).
    And speaking of impact… the most effective weapon I found in the game, was my foot. As there is no blocking system in the game, you use your foot to make zombies and infected stumble, and it seems more than a bit strange that a kick to the head (with a rather pathetic animation) is more likely to make zombies stumble and break their attacks than a sledgehammer, paddle, or machete to the face.
    The combat system just feels lazy.

Then there is the mission structure, and oh my God where to start with that. You are basically just doing various fetch quests for random people that don't really seem to have any real consequences. Add to that the thing we all love – escort missions with all the annoyances that entails due to bad AI – and you pretty much got most of the game. However, where things get really bad, is how often the very same locations are used. Like in the slums where I got several missions all in the police station and some of them in the very same room!
    That’s amazingly lazy.

And speaking of that, some of the missions seem to involve children, but apparently Techland couldn’t be bothered to make child models so the “children” are now a woman in a bikini asking for her teddy bear (making her sound as if she’s nuts), and a daughter who apparently is older than her father.
    Incredibly lazy.

Then there’s the GPS which is supposed to show you where to go. If this was a real GPS, people would die of starvation before reaching their destination. On several occasions I found myself facing my destination only to have the GPS pointing away from it. At one point I decided to follow it, and it decided to take me around two buildings only to have me end up in the very same spot I left before it realized that my destination was right in front of me.
    Now that is lazy.

Then there’s the crafting. What is the most important resource when crafting weapons? Is it nails? Duct tape? Glue? Tools? Sure, you need those, but the answer is - nope! It’s money! Yes, you apparently have to pay to use a workshop… No, you are not paying someone to use it, you are using money when crafting! How the hell this even begins to work is beyond my comprehension. Am I lining my weapons with money? Are the workbenches sentient beings? WHAT?
    Unbelievably lazy!

Lastly, there are the glitches (of which there are quite a few) and the fact that enemies re-spawn in the exact same places and in the exact same number every single time you return to an area.
    How lazy are you, Techland?

So to sum up – Dead Island is a game that barely has a story, no characters of interest, a flimsy and superficial combat system, uninteresting weapons, a senseless crafting system, weak mission structure, and ultimately repetitive and boring gameplay that outstays its welcome long before its underwhelming conclusion.
    I could have been more forgiving if Techland had realized the limitations of the game mechanics and made the game smaller and more focused – as well as actually picking a mood – rather than turning it into a lazy, repetitive, boring grind-fest.
  9. Nov 6, 2015
    I'm perplexed by the review scores for Dead Island. I went into it not really knowing anything about it aside from the basic premise (jungle island with zombies), and came out thinking it's one of the best zombie-fiction game out there, right up there with the likes of the Left 4 Dead games.

It's interesting for a game to be rated so low when it's core mechanic (namely, the evisceration of many, many zombies with melee weapons) is so solid. I must have stabbed and bludgeoned one or two thousand zombies to death over the course of my playtime, and even by the end it was still satisfying to flawlessly kill even your run-of-the-mill zombies. The melee combat in this game just WORKS. And many games like it have gotten first-person melee combat so very, horribly wrong over the years.

That being said in its favor, I can understand why Dead Island isn't getting perfect scores left and right. The main characters are ridiculous, cheesy, stereotypical, and horribly voice-acted. The narrative of the game is about as bare bones as can be: escape Dead Island! It has enough atmosphere and thrills, but it could have used a little bit more than the basic plot we have here. And finally, when you have firearms, you find out quickly that shooting zombies dead is far less satisfying than lopping off their limbs with a machete.

Still, I give it a respectable 8 out of 10 for it's excellent melee combat, good atmosphere, and decent RPG-light elements.
  10. Aug 8, 2014
    Wow what a game.. I heard the guy and a wannabe GameStop clerk bash this game by saying you equip a stick and a canoe oar.. We'll after playing the game they were right. You're 1st weapon is the only thing available at you're feet= a stick. Butt hat lasted 5 mins and that begins my review--
    To help the undecided decide---
    ---this game was SOO much fun in a borderlands Meets fallout kind
    To help the undecided decide---
    ---this game was SOO much fun in a borderlands Meets fallout kind of way.
    --the leveling is identical to borderlands. I love the impact the new perks have in combat and explore,
    --character diversity. You have you're tank,ranged, badass sword Chinese chick, and a black female no nonsense cop(firearms specialist..
    ---the game is hit or miss it seems. I played it 3.5 times. I didn't finish the cop chicks run through,,but 4 months and I was done with D. I.
    --chest/rare uber weapon chest farming is soooooooo addicting,,and the internet is loaded with guides and tips and tricks and routes to farm..
    --never ending respawn means you can grind exp and resources anywhere and anytime..
    --the game consist of 3 Main maps, and 2 other maps..
    -the 3 are
    The island tourist attraction suburbia, think Disneyland beach type beauty..starting map
    --second is the games bread & butter. The urban city of Moserby.. Buildings and homes galore. The people are holed up in a church and you do is ions for each person you come in contact with for either money,exp or a rare weapon..
    --the 3rd map is the str8 up jungle. Where the zombies are more advanced,numerous and the humans are tribal pirates like Vos pirates from farcry3...

--weapon custom--every weapon you get gets upgraded permanently at a workbench.. You use materials you buy or scavenge.. And you can level the weapon 4 times(usually all at once) and then you use the hundred schematics you find in the game like a Zeus baseball bat,. A wooden bat with metal wires hooked up to a invisible power source.. The zombies get whacked and they shake and you can watch or easily decaputate em.. And there's perks for mega exp or money for everything. Like 100 decaputate ones,,then 500 on and on and on.. I think it's infinite like borderlands2...

Look this is a pretty awesome game. It confuses me why a open world tropical paradise with awesome 1st person mechanics isn't rated higher.. The bugs are NOT game altering.. I never used any glitch to cheat besides classic luring zombies onto a mine or whatev....

Riptide continues in the same exact mold. So that's a dream come true for fans of dead island and a complaint of some. Riptide uses same exact everything only slightly enhanced. Think of maddens improvements. That's how riptide is.. So that's another incentive IMO..
    --I'm hoping I can motivate 1 person to play this game.. They will repay the debt by convincing another to play and so on.....
  11. Nov 27, 2013
    Okay, lets get some things out of the way. Dead Island's graphics are an awkward mix of beautiful and ugly. Sometimes it looks like crap, other times you're pleasantly surprised. Secondly if you're playing solo, this game gets DIFFICULT. Seriously, you will get your butt kicked.

Otherwise its an extremely moody and atmospheric horror, with lots of cool weapons to make!
  12. Aug 28, 2014
    Great game all the way, I'm a huge Fallout 3 fan and this is the closest game of being a F3 Coop with Zombies, it has some hints of Left4dead 2 as well which makes it way better...

You never feel safe in DI's world, either you are surrounded by slow but numerous zombies or expect constant fear when the fast infected try to attack you. I think the game makes a good job in showing you

I think the game makes a good job in showing you different locales, it starts with the paradise like landscapes of the resort and slowly starts to show you the real island represented by the overpopulated third world streets of Moresby (that is really a scary place when you visit it for the first time) and the creepy jungle.

But don’t get too exited about it, DI is not a perfect game, it is not only crowded with zombies, but also with numerous glitches, bugs and texture problems that although never take you out of the experience, it tells you the lack of polish of the game (I think Fallout 3 has more glitches in general and still it was one of the best games of the last generation); but if you are in for the fun coop, exploration, looting and zombie slashing action, there is no better place to be.

By the way, the story is not really interesting either and the cut scenes are not the best around, yet the game manages to tell you what happened to the island of Banoi.

Verdict: Dead Island is not for everyone, if you are looking for a standard shooter and if you are if the impatient type, look elsewhere. This open world RPG Survival Zombie (wow that’s a long definition of the game!) game will impress you only if you put enough time to explore, understand its controls and pay more attention to the whole experience and ambience than on banalities like consistent quality presentation or engaging story.

I don’t give it a 10 because is not perfect, but it ahs been the best coop experience I’ve ever had.
  13. Nov 10, 2014
    Dead Island is an extremely addictive and fun cooperative game. While the story is weak, the gameplay is fun for the most part, containing some glitches here and there. This is definitely a zombie game to play.
  14. Oct 13, 2014
    For people wondering why this game got a low score from so many users:

For people wondering why this game got a low score from so many users:

1. The game had a HUGE bug in it when first released. If you don't get the update your save game goes away and you have to start over. Not early in the game though. Really, really late. Imagine how many hours you put in and then your save is just gone. This happened to me and it was infuriating. But I've since upgraded my rating to reflect the fixes.

2. The game can be extremely frustrating at times. There are points where you play and it's just completely unfair (it seems). You get surrounded and you're attacked with no way to defend yourself.

3. Your weapons break down rather fast. It's pretty unusual that a sword breaks down. Some people may not like this feature.

All in all though this is a good first person Zombie killing game if you ignore some of the flaws.
  15. Jan 28, 2014
    Maybe I got spoiled on playing a few great games before this, but I'm disappointed in this game. The story line is horrible. The graphics are not that great. And the fighting style has really no strategy to it. I'm looking for a great zombie killing game and I didn't find it here. The positives are it's rpg style, so you can level up your character. You can upgrade and mod your weaponsMaybe I got spoiled on playing a few great games before this, but I'm disappointed in this game. The story line is horrible. The graphics are not that great. And the fighting style has really no strategy to it. I'm looking for a great zombie killing game and I didn't find it here. The positives are it's rpg style, so you can level up your character. You can upgrade and mod your weapons which is cool ( exactly like borderlands) . Now that I say that. To sum this game up its a C rated zombie killing Border Lands knock off. Expand
  16. Feb 28, 2014
    Dead Island is not a perfect game, but you don't expect that coming into the game for the first time. I looked at the cover art, and expected it to be a pile of crap. However, it was actually a relatively good game, with an ok story, good controls, ok characters, ok graphics and good gameplay.
  17. Feb 26, 2014
    Full disclosure: I picked up "Dead Island" as a "free" Games with Gold download. "Dead Island "starts out fairly well. The beach resort part of the island is open for exploration and zombie fighting. This is certainly my kind of game. Then the game meanders into a partially closed off slum. Well, I can at least explore the slums, I guess. Soon enough, we enter the slum's sewer system.Full disclosure: I picked up "Dead Island" as a "free" Games with Gold download. "Dead Island "starts out fairly well. The beach resort part of the island is open for exploration and zombie fighting. This is certainly my kind of game. Then the game meanders into a partially closed off slum. Well, I can at least explore the slums, I guess. Soon enough, we enter the slum's sewer system. Seriously, I have to spend my time in a sewer system of slum! Then we go to the jungle. It's mostly a closed off fixed path but at least it's no sewer. Now we end in a prison, with a brief jaunt in the prison's sewer. What started out as an open world game ended as a corridor shooter. Not cool.

The game's weapon system is also somewhat of a lie. You can modify any weapon you like, assuming you have scrounged or traded for all of the necessary parts. I used about 15% of the possible modifications because that was all I had available. That means the developer wasted 85% of its efforts on weapon art assets and balancing. It also means the weapons were 85% boring. Here's a tip for first time players: pick the character who uses guns. A majority of the necessary fights are against NPCs with guns and the toughest zombies are easily taken out at a distance with guns and grenades.

Also, the synopsis for this games says "A couple flying to the vacation of their dreams is torn apart by a violent plane crash." This does not describe the game at all. All the player characters are drunken party goers with awful fashion sense and even worse personalities. I skipped most of the cut scenes to avoid them, and I really should have skipped the final cut scene as well. Most of the cutscenes and some of the dialogue assume you have a party of 4 co-op players. The game will seemlessly match you with players working on the same mission. This cuts both, though, because sometimes a random person will finish your mission and take the mission reward. In the later levels where you are grinding through sewers and prisons, there are no other players to offer help. Based on my observation, I hypothesize that most players give up on "Dead Island" shortly after the excellent beach resort segment of the game.

Let's recap the lessons to be learned. For the developers, do not turn your fun open world game into a boring corridor shooter; co-op is a nice addition to single player but not a feature of single player; and if you let characters specialize in blunt weapons, do not populate the world with pistol shooting militiamen. And for the players, never leave the beach resort.
  18. Mar 1, 2014
    This game was enjoyable. It was fun doing all the side quests and missions and my friends played the sh1t out of this game. I you have a xbox 360 with gold I don't know why not to pick this game up when it was free 2 months ago.
  19. Mar 8, 2014
    The trailer was misleading, yes.
    The game is unpolished, yes.
    Controls and fluidity is clunky, yes. It is tonally uneven, yes. But, the overall game is a blast; an immersive, unsettling experience. It also a great cooperative experience with friends, alike. Take it for it is, or for what it was supposed to be. The game has some difficulty, and the mechanics are unforgiving, but the
    The trailer was misleading, yes.
    The game is unpolished, yes.
    Controls and fluidity is clunky, yes.
    It is tonally uneven, yes.
    But, the overall game is a blast; an immersive, unsettling experience. It also a great cooperative experience with friends, alike. Take it for it is, or for what it was supposed to be. The game has some difficulty, and the mechanics are unforgiving, but the levelling system makes up for that; it's not only rewarding, but satisfyingly gruesome. The weapon modification allows you to create diabolical devices to slaughter the undead. The game is flawed, no doubt. but the experience is amazing, for those who dare to visit paradise.
  20. Mar 26, 2014
    Dead Island, despite its glitches and flaws, is a masterpiece. In the four months I have owned it, 56 hours at the time of posting have I spent on this game.
    The world is brilliantly realised, with so much to explore and so much to do. The player rarely feels safe, and it really is a good horror game at its best. To be perfectly honest, I would like to point out that the game is terrible in my experience unless played co-op, at least the first time around.
    The storyline is gripping and action-packed, with a medium length journey from start to end. However, the game has so much replay value you will almost definitely go back to play it. One of the greatest things is that you can keep your previous character.
    The mechanics are top-notch and almost everything about this game is awesome. It perfectly illustrates the zombie apocalypse.
    The accompanying book is also a great adventure. It really takes you inside the minds of the characters. Although two of the four characters are certainly disadvantaged compared to the rest, if a group of four was to play the game co-op with each character, it would be a balanced team.
    I honestly think that Dead Island is a masterpiece - one of the greatest games ever made. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys gaming.
  21. Mar 29, 2014
    There are many things I like and dislike about Dead Island. I like the free-roam aspect to this game, and how the zombies level up along with you, so it's always a challenge. However, this same point is also one reason I don't like this game. With the zombies leveling up along with you, it renders the extra health you get almost pointless, as they just do more damage to it. Also, you getThere are many things I like and dislike about Dead Island. I like the free-roam aspect to this game, and how the zombies level up along with you, so it's always a challenge. However, this same point is also one reason I don't like this game. With the zombies leveling up along with you, it renders the extra health you get almost pointless, as they just do more damage to it. Also, you get overrun with infected almost instantly unless you have a team of friends with you, making the singleplayer rather difficult. As far as glitches go, I can't complain too much. I've seen a good number of glitches, but they're mostly funny, inconsequential things. As far as game-breaking glitches go, I've only seen one so far, which has become somewhat inevitable in my playthroughs. All in all, it's not a bad game. Expand
  22. Jun 9, 2014
    this is probably one of the most best zombie game i have ever played in my life.Even though it doesn't have a back story(maybe it does idk)but it has a good amount of quests and lots of places to go even on an island filled with zombies and other things that can be discovered this is the best game I've ever played
  23. Jun 21, 2014
    The setting really makes Dead Island shine with it's beach resorts and poolside bars, but once you handle the basic mechanics of the game, it becomes very boring, VERY QUICKLY. Even with all it's fancy weapon modding, you always find yourself dismembering, decapitating and decimating zombies as your next objective, right through to the last mission. This game does have a lot of potentialThe setting really makes Dead Island shine with it's beach resorts and poolside bars, but once you handle the basic mechanics of the game, it becomes very boring, VERY QUICKLY. Even with all it's fancy weapon modding, you always find yourself dismembering, decapitating and decimating zombies as your next objective, right through to the last mission. This game does have a lot of potential however. 7/10 Expand
  24. Jun 27, 2014
    This game is really fun even though a lot of people criticize it for having bugs and some bad graphics at parts. both are true as character models are bad and the bugs are there but none are that gamebreaking. The story also just stinks but it doesn't take over the game majorly. even though graphics on players suck zombies look amazing and they have layers of damage on their body forThis game is really fun even though a lot of people criticize it for having bugs and some bad graphics at parts. both are true as character models are bad and the bugs are there but none are that gamebreaking. The story also just stinks but it doesn't take over the game majorly. even though graphics on players suck zombies look amazing and they have layers of damage on their body for bloody graphics that look amazing. This game can have some real fun slashing zombies and screwing the story so if you can take it's flaws buy it. Expand
  25. Jul 31, 2014
    Now, it may not be up to expectations of the emotional trailer story-wise, but has enough RPG and FPS fusion to make a fun experience. The game has a large map that is worth exploring, and is fun to play overall. Let's hope the newly announced Dead Island 2 fairs a little better on story and small bugs, okay? I'm going out on a limb giving it an 8 out of 10, so please treat this new gameNow, it may not be up to expectations of the emotional trailer story-wise, but has enough RPG and FPS fusion to make a fun experience. The game has a large map that is worth exploring, and is fun to play overall. Let's hope the newly announced Dead Island 2 fairs a little better on story and small bugs, okay? I'm going out on a limb giving it an 8 out of 10, so please treat this new game with respect. Expand
  26. May 17, 2015
    I had a great time playing this game. Some random bugs pop-up but after all story was good, crafting system was absolutely amazing. Only thing that I hated was the time you need to spend to get somewhere.
  27. Jan 26, 2015
    Dead island is not a bad game in fact, I had a lot of fun with it. But I will admit this I felt like the game could have done better much better. The trailer for it was amazing, but the game itself could've been better.
  28. Sep 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dead Island is a horribly-designed, buggy and glitchy game that has some ideas that are actually pretty sweet, but unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positives, and the repetitive missions, frustrating weapon durability system, and let's not forget the overpowered bosses destroy the experience.

The story begins as you (one of four playable characters with different stats), arrive at a beach resort on the island of Banoi, and the place becomes overrun with zombies. You start off with using beach paddles and twigs to fight walkers, and gradually work your way up to gaining weapons such as axes, sledgehammers, and guns to fight a variety of the undead. Just be aware it will take a long time to gain such weapons, about 15-20 hours of dull gameplay. The first few chapters take place in the beautiful beach resort, which admittedly is refreshing, but after the first 10% of the game you are thrown into a long list of dull and depressing settings, including an abandoned village, SEWERS, a jungle and a prison. Yay.

The gameplay is fun to begin. Levelling up is quick and the skills, although not all are useful, are quite entertaining, like the ability to stomp on the head of a fallen enemy, whatever their health. I was looking forward to unlocking the guns, but they are awful. The damage, range and accuracy is low and headshots are almost impossible as the aiming is some of the worst I've ever seen. Around halfway through the game you'll have access to the most powerful weapons in the game, so you'll most likely use them for the remainder of the game and nothing else apart from medpacks. And maybe a rifle for the human enemies. Oh yeah, there's human enemies. Their AI is retarded, they can't shoot anything further than three feet away and they'll just stand there, shooting the cover your hiding behind, with seemingly infinite ammo, until you move on.

I'm going to list the problems now. Zombies will just vanish for no reason. Some weapons don't seem to do any damage unless you're aiming directly at the enemy. The graphics are average and the aesthetics are as ugly as, never mind. And (SPOILERS, I GUESS), there's a mission in the final quarter of the game where you must escort someone about five miles through jungley terrain with dozens of infected charging mercilessly at you. I restarted that mission fourteen times, and EVERY SINGLE TIME she glitched through the floor. I even turned the xbox off and on again and it still occured.

If you can persuade a friend or two to buy this horror, the game might be more fun, as it has up to 4 player co-op, but single-player it is worse than having your teeth pulled out slowly by your crush from school.
  29. Oct 26, 2015
    This is one of the worst games I've played! Definitively not worthy it, don't waste your money with this game, because this game has a repetitive gameplay plus it's really boring checking those bags! Pure waste of time and money, zombies already are generic and this game is the proof that generic games can be the worst.
  30. Nov 7, 2015
    Dead Island
    Dead Island
    Die Story und Charaktere sind nutzlos und komplett unnötig. Vorgestellt wurde Dead Island als Spiel in ner Zombieapokalypse auf einer Insel mit Charakteren, die einem wichtig sein sollen. Also, daraus wurde wohl nichts, man betrinkt sich auf einer Party und wacht auf, umgeben von Untoten, man trifft Überlebende und erfüllt Quests. Aus der First Person Sicht schlachtet man Zombies, erst mit normalen Waffen, wie einem Rohr später findet man eine Machete oder auch Handfeuerwaffen. Allerdings umgehe ich die Zombies lieber weil das Gameplay suckt, das Trefferfeedback ist minderwertig, ich time den Schlag perfekt und treffe den Zombie nicht, oder auch die Feuerwaffen wenn man auf Menschen trifft, das Zielen und Treffen ist nicht abgestimmt und sehr ungenau, dies darf in einem First Person Action Combat Spiel nicht passieren, Condemned hat es hingekriegt. Man kann leveln und kann Fähigkeiten wie Ausdauer oder Inventarkapazität und mehr verbessern, ziemlich Standart rpg halt. Dead Island ist kein ernstes Spiel, sondern dumm, niemand riskiert sein Leben um einen Teddybär zu holen, aber dann erwarte ich auch coolere Waffen als einen Hammer. Es gibt verschiedene Bereiche, wie den Strand, Stadt, Kanal und Dschungel auch verschiedene Zombietypen gibt es. Jedoch ist das Spiel schlecht gebalanced, tausende Zombies laufen auf dich zu, später wird das immer schlimmer, man stirbt immer und immer wieder wegen dem schlechten Gameplay und das nervt, außerdem bestraft ein gutes Spiel einen wenn man stirbt, damit man aufpasst nicht nochmal zu sterben, aber die Feinde behalten die Lebensenergie von vorher, z.B ich musste einen Mann bekämpfen,der tausend Head Shots überlebt und einfach nicht stirbt, ich baller so lange auf seinen Schädel bis meine Munition alle ist, muss ich vielleicht aufleveln??, nein ich bin nicht zu schwach der Gegner hält zu viel aus, auch hier wirkt es wieder sehr realistisch. Alles in allem fühlt es sich widersprüchlich und falsch an sich an, auch Bugs und Speicherprobleme gibt es reichlich. Das einzige was unterhaltsam ist, ist im Coop Zombies die Arme oder gar den Kopf abzuschlagen, sie zu verbrennen und so weiter, da also der einzige Kaufgrund Gewalt und Zombies sind, sollte man sich dies gut überlegen, Dead Island hätte viel besser sein können und ist deshalb kein grottiges Spiel, aber es ist sehr mittelmäßig und enttäuschend
  31. Mar 8, 2016
    Awesome game! RPG zumbi!!! I see people complaining that weapons break fast and it's hard , but what makes it so fun. Dead Island offers 4 characters with unique skills , giving the player the opportunity to build your character according to your playing style. It is a strategy game you can not go around killing zombies without equip weapons and seek equipment , the problem is that it hasAwesome game! RPG zumbi!!! I see people complaining that weapons break fast and it's hard , but what makes it so fun. Dead Island offers 4 characters with unique skills , giving the player the opportunity to build your character according to your playing style. It is a strategy game you can not go around killing zombies without equip weapons and seek equipment , the problem is that it has some lazy who think this game is LF4 is that the game will give you weapons and ammunition without any effort , I spent hours to climb from level to get XP to build my character this game is wonderful for those who like RPG !!, very last thing this game was made for people who enjoy slow and difficult rhythm game, if you like frantic games type dying light pass away . Expand
  32. Dec 27, 2016
    Dead Island é um jogo divertido, tem um mundo aberto interesante, um enredo mediano e bem cliche até, e o jogo pega muitos elemento do excelente Left for Dead, os personagens que são jogaveis nao chegam a ser profundos, mais sao personagens legais, e cada um tem a sua vantagem, o grafico é bom, mais eu sofri muitos bugs, a dificuldade é boa, tem momentos dificeis, o trabalho de voz é bom,Dead Island é um jogo divertido, tem um mundo aberto interesante, um enredo mediano e bem cliche até, e o jogo pega muitos elemento do excelente Left for Dead, os personagens que são jogaveis nao chegam a ser profundos, mais sao personagens legais, e cada um tem a sua vantagem, o grafico é bom, mais eu sofri muitos bugs, a dificuldade é boa, tem momentos dificeis, o trabalho de voz é bom, a fisica é bem fraca, e a trilha sonora é legal, é um jogo legal. Nota 7.2 Expand
  33. Apr 17, 2017
    Dead Island démarre bien avec ses jolis graphismes, ses combats au corps-à-corps d'une rare sauvagerie et son interface pas trop mal bien que perfectible parfois (pas de pause dans la roue de sélection des armes). L'ambiance y est aussi excellente et les doublages (en anglais hélas) s'avèrent convaincants. Le système de sauvegarde automatique est un peu énervant dans le monde ouvert deDead Island démarre bien avec ses jolis graphismes, ses combats au corps-à-corps d'une rare sauvagerie et son interface pas trop mal bien que perfectible parfois (pas de pause dans la roue de sélection des armes). L'ambiance y est aussi excellente et les doublages (en anglais hélas) s'avèrent convaincants. Le système de sauvegarde automatique est un peu énervant dans le monde ouvert de Dead Island mais pas dramatique au final puisqu'à chaque fois qu'on crève (et on crève souvent), on est ressuscité pas trop loin avec une petite pénalité financière...

S'il emprunte l'approche d'un Borderlands dans sa progression, il le fait maladroitement : contrairement à Borderlands, les ennemis montent de niveau en même temps que vous, ce qui fait qu'on galère au début, au milieu, à la fin... tout le temps. On a jamais l'impression de devenir plus fort, peu importe un hâchoir qui fait 300 points de dégâts quand le zombi de base réclame à "corps" et à cris une somme de dégâts de plus en plus élevée.

Par ailleurs, le réticule mobile de localisation des dégâts qui s'ajuste en fonction du regard est délicat à gérer au pad, de même que la distance de frappe, ce qui fait qu'on passe la plupart de temps à frapper dans le vide. Comme chaque coup consomme de l'endurance, c'est gênant.

Le jeu ne garde pas trace de tous les éléments comme le fait un JDR Bethesda : si j'ai lancé ma hache sur un zombie et que je meurs juste après, la hache a disparu. Si je fais 2 missions en même temps en laissant à un endroit ce que je dois ramener pour la première mission, quand je reviens ayant fini la seconde, le matériel requis a tout simplement disparu.

Enfin, les derniers soucis concernent le côté très répétitif (on a beau faire le ménage, ça revient toujours en force) et les ennemis humains très résistants (autant que les zombis...) mais qui ont des flingues alors que nous, si on en a un, y a juste 3 balles dans le barillet.

Dommage tout ça, j'y ai vraiment cru jusqu'au niveau 20 mais au delà tout se détériore à très grande vitesse. La seule consolation, c'est que Dead Island est moins mauvais que Dead Rising... mais mauvais quand même.

1. Mar 1, 2012
    Dead Island is a hell of a ride from start to (near) finish and is a zombie game that stands out from the rest of the pack.
  2. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
    Dec 2, 2011
    A wasted opportunity - frustrating to play and too ugly to love. [Dec 2011, p.98]
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    I admit that I was not expecting much from Dead Island, given the oversaturated subject matter and the delayed development time. And while the game definitely has its share of weaknesses, it is pleasantly surprising in its own right.