6.3

1. Feb 6, 2013
    Does a video game need to have horror to be good? The answer is no, but people will argue "It's not horror anymore so it sucks!" too which I will disagree. Just because it changed from pure horror to a mix of action and horror doesn't mean it's bad. I bought the game and retrieved it on release day with my friend so we could play it online, and while we have not yet beaten the game, weDoes a video game need to have horror to be good? The answer is no, but people will argue "It's not horror anymore so it sucks!" too which I will disagree. Just because it changed from pure horror to a mix of action and horror doesn't mean it's bad. I bought the game and retrieved it on release day with my friend so we could play it online, and while we have not yet beaten the game, we enjoy the gameplay thoroughly. The customization of weapons is quite fun, along with the need for resources and overwhelming number of necromorphs to keep you on your toes, as well as keep your eye on your ammo counter. The fear doesn't come from unkillable enemies or freaky enemies, but rather from the fact you might die soon and have to start over from that checkpoint. Does it have jumpscares? Yes there are some, but are they needed in mass amount like in DS1 to make it scary? No, the waves of enemies do that for you. Is co-op a necessity? Kind of, and thats why I don't consider it a perfect game because it has a necessity for you to FULLY enjoy the game. With that in mind, you definitely need a friend to team up with. The graphics are great still, and there is an atmosphere just like DS 1 and 2, with the blood and writing on the walls, the side missions that give you a story for places, and rewards you for exploring it, as well as the environment being torn and battered from the damage done. Overall I consider the game to be a new experience, and if you just want horror, go play Dead Space or Amnesia, because by now you shouldn't be scared because you KNOW these enemies, and you KNOW how to kill them, so without mystery the horror could not be repeated, and was instead set to a side with some action and gunplay that makes the game enjoyable and fun for 2 people to get together and in the words of the box art "Take down the Terror Together". Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2013
    For better or for worse, this is Dead Space. Less scary.....yes. But just as intense as DS2. They have packed this game with more epic moment that the first two iterations had as well. The availability of microtransactions is a little bit of a let down. But you do NOT have to purchase them. They are optional and can be earned through natural progression. IMHO, this is not the best DeadFor better or for worse, this is Dead Space. Less scary.....yes. But just as intense as DS2. They have packed this game with more epic moment that the first two iterations had as well. The availability of microtransactions is a little bit of a let down. But you do NOT have to purchase them. They are optional and can be earned through natural progression. IMHO, this is not the best Dead Space game. But it stands proud as a worthy entry into the Dead Space universe. I would compare it to the difference between Killzone 2 and 3. 3 was a really good game and technically superior. But 2 had that little extra magic and lore. At the same time, both earned there place on my book shelf and in my system for different reason. Bottom line, if you loved DS1 and DS2, you won't be disappointed in 3. Expand
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    A tip to everyone, DO NOT LISTEN TO NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS, people often don't understand the meaning of 10 or 0, so just don't listen. Now to the review, in short, Dead Space 3 is the classic Dead Space you've come to know and love through and through. The story is still excellent, the visuals this time around are impressive, and the gameplay is still as grossly satisfying as ever. The newA tip to everyone, DO NOT LISTEN TO NEGATIVE USER REVIEWS, people often don't understand the meaning of 10 or 0, so just don't listen. Now to the review, in short, Dead Space 3 is the classic Dead Space you've come to know and love through and through. The story is still excellent, the visuals this time around are impressive, and the gameplay is still as grossly satisfying as ever. The new weapon system provides excellent variety, and the co-op mode is not intrusive. Co-op, in fact, adds to the story line making Dead Space 3 a much more worth while experience. The only problems I had were a few backtracking moments. The game is scary, a little less than previous installments, but is still satisfying. If you are a classic DS fan you will love this, if you are new to the franchise, you will love this game. Worth all the money, and if the game doesn't seem scary enough, play hardcore, you only get 3 saves for the entire game and if you die you go back to your last save. It is extremely intense. Expand
  4. Feb 5, 2013
    So what its not as focused as the "survival horror" as the others it still and incredible game with a great story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. the boss battle thingys can be annoying but its still easily up there as one of the best games to start 2013 so, if you like dead space or third person shooters pick it up!!!
  5. Feb 13, 2013
    I thought this would be a disappointment equivalent to Resident Evil 5,6 but I was wrong. Dead Space 3 is a good game.
  6. Feb 18, 2013
    Dead Space 3 was innovative, fun, and offered a slightly different experience to it's predecessors. While definitely a more action based installment, the horror element is certainly there and well done. I found myself at times dreading the next room or jumping at the next enemy surprising me, wile not as fearful as the first, it did have the action part more well done than it'sDead Space 3 was innovative, fun, and offered a slightly different experience to it's predecessors. While definitely a more action based installment, the horror element is certainly there and well done. I found myself at times dreading the next room or jumping at the next enemy surprising me, wile not as fearful as the first, it did have the action part more well done than it's predecessors.

The action portion was great, being able to customize a huge number of elements on my weapons from upgrades, to barrel combinations, I was never short of a fun, new way to massacre necros. In addition, moments of empowerment are quite exciting, being able to use your (assuming you're accurate) solid aim and superior intellect to crush groups of enemies.

While I wish it was more horror (like the first installment) I think in and of itself DS3 was very well made, and very fun. I personally think that reviewing this game in strong comparison with the first is foolhardy, as it is *meant* to not be as much horror and much more action.

Although I rate this game a 9, I am going to give it a 10 to offset the ridiculous fools here that leave crappy *opinion only* based reviews and are upset because *their* personal desires are not met (I also see many of them seem to be "hipster gamers," apparently it is just plain cool to hate on big game companies).

I highly recommend this game for anyone looking for some good scares, and lots of gruesome, gory, and exciting killing.
  7. Feb 8, 2013
    Although playing DS1 and DS2 has slightly de-sensitized me to Necromorphs. This is still an awesome game. The anticipation that something is about to jump out at you is what makes this game so exciting. I’m halfway through the campaign and can’t wait to get home from work to play some more.
  8. Feb 8, 2013
    Gun construction is fun honestly I could spend hours just messing around (I have spent hours) with the weapons.
    Gameplay same as any dead space with the exception of a few more action spots and some explorable spots which are nice breaks from the intensity of the rest of the game and really helps one get a feel for the world they are in.
    Graphics amazing probably best on Xbox Co-op
    Graphics amazing probably best on Xbox
    Co-op honestly it;'s fun it takes away a good chunk of the horror factor but I treat co-op and solo as two separate games like multi-player and single player on any other shooter you can't play multi-player on ANY game and expect a single player experience anyone who did was a fool. However Co-op is really well done and the unique concept the creators came up for players to experience (especially if you are playing as the second character) brought me and my friend some true entertainment I don't want to give spoilers but he thought I was going crazy and that has never been done in game before!
    A lot of people bash on it being less of a thriller and more of an action game. Honestly it's no less thrilling the other Dead space I find my heart racing quite a bit (dead space 1+2 weren't more thrilling or scary you all know it just want to complain that they were) Plus this game has so many replay option to play in traditional style dead space or hardcore etc.

All in all they did some unique things never done before in any game ever. Many of the things they did they did better than any game ever. Prime examples, best co-op, best graphics (on xbox) best weapon design/ creation, best mix of linear and sandbox and it still gets my heart pounding just as much as the last two dead space games.
  9. Feb 11, 2013
    While the focus seems to have been shifted from "Survival Horror" to an "Action Horror", Dead Space 3 still deserves a spot in your gaming library. With superb combat, great AI and enemy design and and overall gorgeous looking game. Dead Space 3 is a great game, whilst the story may fault at times it doesn't ruin the game enough to tell people not to buy it.
  10. Feb 13, 2013
    Best Dead Space to date!! Sure its not the survival horror that i have know to love.. BUT the CRAFTING and the Torque bars to unlock certain doors, the Co-Op, the ability to replay levels to 100% everything, the extra new game modes as well!! Wish it would be scarier but overall im 100% happy with the Game its self.. The Micro Transactions are Pathetic.. But that is EA for ya... MilkingBest Dead Space to date!! Sure its not the survival horror that i have know to love.. BUT the CRAFTING and the Torque bars to unlock certain doors, the Co-Op, the ability to replay levels to 100% everything, the extra new game modes as well!! Wish it would be scarier but overall im 100% happy with the Game its self.. The Micro Transactions are Pathetic.. But that is EA for ya... Milking their customers.. But overall i love it!! Expand
  11. Feb 16, 2013
    Great game. Better than the 7/10 some people are giving it.
    Great game. Better than the 7/10 some people are giving it.
    Found this to be a great addition to my co-op games which is my preference with great graphics and exceptional sound. Die hard fans probably wont like the co-op as it definitely takes the scare out of the game but for a shooter excellent. Found the making up guns fun and always having to go back to a bench and changing my new gun after finding my new colossus to be a squib. Give it a try as its miles ahead of Aliens colonial marines which is dire.
  12. Feb 24, 2013
    Don't let some negative reviews fool you. This is a great game. It has enough horror elements to still keep the Dead Space feel to it, but has enough changes to keep from feeling like more of the same. The co-op alone makes this game worth a purchase. There's also a ton a re-playability with the different difficulty levels, and the new awesome gun creations. The only negative thing aboutDon't let some negative reviews fool you. This is a great game. It has enough horror elements to still keep the Dead Space feel to it, but has enough changes to keep from feeling like more of the same. The co-op alone makes this game worth a purchase. There's also a ton a re-playability with the different difficulty levels, and the new awesome gun creations. The only negative thing about this is game is the final hour or so. It was so tedious and boring that it gets to the point where you keep saying to yourself "I really wish this game would just end already". That's never a good thing and by the time the story ends you really just don't care anymore. This last portion of the game was enough to lower my score from almost a 10 to more like an 8.5 or so. Yeah, the last hour is that bad. I rounded up my rating to a 9 because a lot of these lower scores are just not fair to the game. It's just more people jumping on the current gaming bandwagon, which is to hate games that make changes from their originals and cry that the developers "aren't being true to their loyal fans".

This game is definitely worth checking out, and is an early game of the year contender for 2013.
  13. Feb 14, 2013
    ds 3 is a great game fulfilling the dead space story. too many negatives from so called survival horror game players, who cannot see the tension building within the game. lets remember visceral developed the game, and did a fantastic job. not all survival horrors are based in a haunted mansion or an asylum. i have played hundreds of games, and my love is survival horror, and the dead spaceds 3 is a great game fulfilling the dead space story. too many negatives from so called survival horror game players, who cannot see the tension building within the game. lets remember visceral developed the game, and did a fantastic job. not all survival horrors are based in a haunted mansion or an asylum. i have played hundreds of games, and my love is survival horror, and the dead space trilogy still stands out as some of the best games i have played. well done visceral, come on ds 4, and you lot of whinging girls, grow up, stop moaning and play the game the way it was made to be played. you never know you might actually get it! Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2013
    Being a horror lover, I've been a fan from the start, placing myself in a dark room alone with headphones turned up to 11, enjoying the first Dead Space experience in a way that I'll never forget. Since then, two iterations have emerged and I have thoroughly enjoyed both. Both sequels however, have not met my expectations pleasantly in regards to the 'true' horror experience that the firstBeing a horror lover, I've been a fan from the start, placing myself in a dark room alone with headphones turned up to 11, enjoying the first Dead Space experience in a way that I'll never forget. Since then, two iterations have emerged and I have thoroughly enjoyed both. Both sequels however, have not met my expectations pleasantly in regards to the 'true' horror experience that the first release was. That fact however, should in no way affect the score for the later titles as Dead Space 3 is a superb game. As many have pointed out, Dead Space 3 weighs in heavily on the action front but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's completely devoid of the horror that the series is known for. The catch here is that it's only a scary experience if you want it to be. The shooting mechanics are as they've always been though slightly more fine tuned. Strategic dismemberment of the Necromorphs is ever present and important as they are much faster and aggressive this time around. The fights against the human 'Unitologists' aren't nearly as tense or gratifying and can be at times a little detrimental to the overall atmosphere but let's face it, when you've played all the games and appreciate the story and lore, who doesn't want to unload a plasma cutter into one of those fools?
    At the normal setting(not recommended), you will breeze through the campaign easily, your inventory filled to bursting with health packs and ammo, necromorphs falling left and right to your overpowered arsenal. Turn up the difficulty however, and you're more likely to enjoy yourself if you seek that good ol' desperate feeling.
    I started off on hard and met a respectable challenge, at times damning myself for not stocking up on supplies properly and at other times feeling like the damn hero that Isaac Clarke, the most unfortunate engineer in the history of man, has come to be. For me, the perfect experience in DS3 was playing the game in 'Pure Survival' (a mode unlocked upon completion), where all ammo, health, upgrades and stasis etc had to be crafted manually with the resources you find lying around.
    Optional missions pop up here and there and are a welcome addition, in particular because aside from one, they were some of the most frightening missions in the game and serve to enliven the atmosphere of the various locations. The weapon crafting system albeit confusing at first glance, is quite frankly excellent (again, on harder difficulties) as it is truly gratifying, especially when you've evaluated your situation and find a combination of weapon parts that really save your hide under certain circumstances. Spend enough time here and you will be thankful for the opportunity to do so.
    A lot of flack has been thrown at DS3 because of EA and most notably, a modern trademark of that company: Payed downloadable content that will help you on your world saving conquest. I had read about this before I played the game but admittedly, I didn't even noticed the feature until my 3rd playthrough. If you dislike this kind of thing then fret not, it is in no way an imposing mechanic nor a requirement to play, complete or enjoy the game.
    Co-op, the most recent and potentially worrying addition to the franchise works as expected. The mechanics are solid but aside from a larger insight into Isaac's partner Carver, it doesn't offer much in my opinion. It should be noted however that I play the Dead Space games for isolation, horror and atmosphere purposes, others may take great pleasure in teaming up with a buddy for the murder party.
    I enjoyed the story despite the fact that at times, it's a bit on the clichéd side with some truly corny 'love' moments. That being said, considering Isaac's journey from one awful situation to another, I completely accepted the more 'heroic' turn of events this time around which are naturally followed by a more 'grandioso' style of storytelling. Besides, anyone who questions Isaac's 'bad-assness' at this point should just play a barbie game. Overall, I would recommend Dead Space 3 to anyone who enjoys either action or horror. Both elements are ever present in the game and the mechanics are, after 3 iterations, very tight and the game performs admirably. I don't consider graphics a necessity in the creation of good games but they look great here and the expansive space areas are fantastic. Get this game. And if you prefer to buy used games then worry not, the online pass/co-op is in no way critical to your enjoyment of this excellent gaming experience.
  15. Feb 8, 2013
    I just want to state the differences between Dead Space 2 and 3, so you can draw your own conclusions. I have only played solo on hard so far.

+Graphical improvements +Incredible production value +Replayablity +Upgrade/Crafting system overhaul +Faster, more deadly enemies +Enemy variety +Unintrusive Co-Op +Atmosphere (More like Promethius and 80's thrillers than previous dead

+Graphical improvements
    +Incredible production value
    +Replayablity
    +Upgrade/Crafting system overhaul
    +Faster, more deadly enemies
    +Enemy variety
    +Unintrusive Co-Op
    +Atmosphere (More like Promethius and 80's thrillers than previous dead space atmosphere)
    +There are a few, though less common chills and scares
    +Environmental variety
    +Side quests
    +It's incredibly fun and addicting

-Less scares
    -Atmosphere (It's not terrifying)
    -Dementia is not present in Isaac's story arch. (I have not played as Carver.)
    -Isaac's character qualities have changed for the worse. He's less interesting and more generic.
    -Intrusive, guiding story. This is only a negative because the story isn't anything special, and doesn't feel anything like previous dead space games.
    -Frustratingly boring quests. (Go fix this, oh it needs another part, oh wait its still broken, did I mention you needed to gather this for the same broken ship?)
    -The fighting vs human enemies is very poor. The mechanics just aren't there.

The game overall feels like it was put together to be a blockbuster, and that is probably why the focus on story was added. Even though there have been changes to the game it is an incredible game, that feels that it should be more of a spin off to the dead space franchise to me, than a core game. It is definitely worth playing once, if not a few times for fans of the previous games.
  16. Feb 5, 2013
    I love this game!! I just started playing but the beginning already has me hooked, game play is solid, graphics are excellent, the story is toying with my emotions in the best way possible making me hate the villan even more. Was disappointed my gamestop didn't have a midnight release, but my anticipation, and expectations were all met with this amazing game and then some! I play black opsI love this game!! I just started playing but the beginning already has me hooked, game play is solid, graphics are excellent, the story is toying with my emotions in the best way possible making me hate the villan even more. Was disappointed my gamestop didn't have a midnight release, but my anticipation, and expectations were all met with this amazing game and then some! I play black ops 2 but its hard to believe it has a higher rating even though it has became so repetitive, its boring. Not DS3 though this is a game that will have you on the edge of your seat, wondering what will happen next. A excellent addition to your gamer library. The Dead Space series is a must buy!! Expand
  17. Feb 5, 2013
    Dead Space 3 is spectacular to newcomers but I downside to veterans of the series. But, if you are new you will be definitely please with the stunning visuals, awesome sound, excellent game play, co-op and tons of weapon customization and RIG suits. Its absolutely fun to play especially with a friend. All in all I will be playing this game for a while until GTA 5
  18. Feb 11, 2013
    HUMAN ENEMIES you hear that and you think "OH THIS WILL BE LIKE HOW RESIDENT EVIL EVOLVED INTO No, dead space 3 is a good blend of action and scares in one I didn't take the trolls on metacritic's word and decided I need to try myself and IT'S A GOOD GAME, its multiplayer, suit upgrade, weapon craft and a variety of side missions and coop only side missions will keep you entertained forHUMAN ENEMIES you hear that and you think "OH THIS WILL BE LIKE HOW RESIDENT EVIL EVOLVED INTO No, dead space 3 is a good blend of action and scares in one I didn't take the trolls on metacritic's word and decided I need to try myself and IT'S A GOOD GAME, its multiplayer, suit upgrade, weapon craft and a variety of side missions and coop only side missions will keep you entertained for a quite a while, my only complain is the side mission environment is TOO DAMN REPETITIVE just recycled cells over and over again Expand
  19. Feb 11, 2013
    I am a die-hard Dead Space fan. I didn't expect this game to "scare" or "make me jump", that's the experience I enjoyed from the first and second game. Dead Space 3 is a perfect addition to the series, an expansive experience built on the atmosphere and story created by the original two games. All these new "features" that people are complaining about are mostly optional, so as not toI am a die-hard Dead Space fan. I didn't expect this game to "scare" or "make me jump", that's the experience I enjoyed from the first and second game. Dead Space 3 is a perfect addition to the series, an expansive experience built on the atmosphere and story created by the original two games. All these new "features" that people are complaining about are mostly optional, so as not to deter from solo play, and they were a welcoming change of pace. It's the third game in the series and I found myself taking my sweet time progressing through the story, finding every little hidden item etc., tinkering at the workbench till I felt my weapon was suffiecient for killing even the toughest necromorphs. If you're a fan of Dead Space and it's awesome story, you'll love Dead Space 3. Expand
  20. Feb 16, 2013
    6.1 really... 78 critic review score really... sometimes people baffle me, if you were a fan of dead space 1 or dead space 2 you should feel right at home here, i say "should" because before the game released there was people moaning about co-op, your on an ice planet there's know more dark hallways this isn't dead space.... first off the co-op is optional, so if you don't want to do co-op6.1 really... 78 critic review score really... sometimes people baffle me, if you were a fan of dead space 1 or dead space 2 you should feel right at home here, i say "should" because before the game released there was people moaning about co-op, your on an ice planet there's know more dark hallways this isn't dead space.... first off the co-op is optional, so if you don't want to do co-op then don't pick it, the second thing is 70% of the game your still in dark hallways so it has the same DS feel, it's still creepy, there's still scares people need to relax... is it a little more action focused then DS 1 2 yea, does that change that this is still an awesome entry into the series... NO... the only downside for me personally is this game has a lot of backtracking but that's nothing new for people that played DS1 (quick tip if u beat the game sit through the credits cause there's something not to be missed at the end) Dead space 3 starts 2013 in an awesome way. Expand
  21. Feb 23, 2013
    don't listen to the fanboys, Dead Space 3 is good game.
  22. Feb 9, 2013
    This franchise is among my favorite in the entire industry. This first game was one of the scariest thing I've ever experienced and the second one was a great game but I did find my self scared a jump scare or two got me but that was it. This game had quite a lot of attempts at scare but, much like the second, not many got pass. The overall mood of the game is mildly tense in a scary wayThis franchise is among my favorite in the entire industry. This first game was one of the scariest thing I've ever experienced and the second one was a great game but I did find my self scared a jump scare or two got me but that was it. This game had quite a lot of attempts at scare but, much like the second, not many got pass. The overall mood of the game is mildly tense in a scary way but there is a large amount tension in not knowing what is going to happen next. The mood of the game best shows through during solo play, save co-op for your second play through. Overall, much like the second game, it does less than stellar in the horror genre, unless you are easily gotten by jump scares. On the earlier mention not of co-op, it works great when you have no one in your game then there is no AI to follow you around leavening the feel of the game intact, rather than making you fell like a babysitter for your AI partner. The combat is as great as ever and the weapon crafting system is easy and one of the most fun this about the game can be making new weapons. If you like the old weapons than have no fear they all make a return. There is even a mode unlocked upon beating the game that is unlocked where you can only use those guns. Speaking of other modes there are 4 in total, not including new game that add in things that make the game more interesting, like hardcore where you have to play the game without dying once or pure survival where you must craft med-kits and ammo as you find none through. This helps to boost replay value even higher which is amassing considering that this games cut-scenes are short and none feel unneeded. The pacing of the story is great if you like to explore your game worlds, if not it might be a little slow, the last two chapters, out of the nineteen in the game, felt a little rush as the story accelerated towards the finale. Exploring is rewarded in this game with not only achievements but in game rewards every time you complete a set, which range from text log to weapon parts and even artifacts.

So to summarize if your looking solely for a horror game then look elsewhere but that is not to say the game is not great. The combat and mechanics are great and work flawlessly. The atmosphere is mildly tense and will keep you guessing on what will happen next. the graphics and sound design are beyond stellar. Replay value is high.
  23. Feb 10, 2013
    Dead space 3 was a good game, best as far as gameplay for the series, but without as many opportunities for instant death, the horror aspect has declined, is it a bad game? No, it's really fun as they have don't almost the opposite of mass effect by going from a 3rd person shooter and have added more rpg-like aspects to the game like crafting. I'd say it's worth the money if only for theDead space 3 was a good game, best as far as gameplay for the series, but without as many opportunities for instant death, the horror aspect has declined, is it a bad game? No, it's really fun as they have don't almost the opposite of mass effect by going from a 3rd person shooter and have added more rpg-like aspects to the game like crafting. I'd say it's worth the money if only for the extra game modes, and fun gameplay, but if you're looking for a horror game, stick to amnesia. Expand
  24. Feb 8, 2013
    I honestly get a bit tired of reviews that focus on the game not being just like the two that came before, or that it's just another sign of what is wrong with games these days... don't listen to it.

Dead Space 3 does a few things differently. Upgrading your rig and weapons uses scavenged parts and new workbench and weapon options. I am not so fond of the interfaces, but the concept works. The Suit Kiosk is fairly similar. You use special scavenger bots to accent your resources, which creates its own issues, like searching for appropriate places to let loose your bot.

The game is FAR more expansive than previous games, and has more side quests to keep it interesting. You hear about the much maligned snowy portions, but they only occur hours into the game and the setting is in context and fitting. It's not as claustrophobic in these sections, but the tension is high when you know they can and will be popping out of the ground at just about any time to ruin your day. It is different, but it works. The cold gives new parameters to be considered and the snow fall helps to reduce view distance, essentially acting like the dark, but a whiteout instead.

The story opens up Issac's suit to his face, his voice, and let's you get to know him. He's not a whiny b$%#% nor is he a over the top toughguy, which makes him more endearing. He's got severe issues, but he isn't making it everyone else's problem all the time. His major motivation is still helping his girl and dealing with immediate issues. I really liked getting to meet Isaac. He is played well and gives the game more life.

The weapons are so varied as to be difficult to get a grip on. I didn't like the weapon build system. You may think a weapon looks and stats out well before you build it, only to find out it's kind of crap after you spent your hard earned resources on it. I found one or two weapons that did all the work, but I liked them and was satisfied even though I wondered what I might be missing. My favorite uses a single shot rifle type projectile with an underslung shotgun.

There are two discs and the content is extensive. The new additions work nicely, like the two person co-op, either with friends or online matchmaking. There is a newgame+ feature, although I have not started into that yet. This is a great game that aspires to expand itself from it's earlier incarnations. If you don't expect it to be just like the last two games, then you will probably enjoy it. If you want the first or second game again, you'll probably have to load them up and play them over.
  25. Feb 9, 2013
    Dead Space 3 is a landmark in modern gaming. With the series having been branded by several big names the 'best new IP this generation', Dead Space 3 has a lot to prove to close of the series fittingly. Picking up 2 months after Dead Space 2 Isaac is in hiding, however when he is contacted by Robert Norton and John Carver of EarthGov Isaac is quickly whisked away from another NecromorphDead Space 3 is a landmark in modern gaming. With the series having been branded by several big names the 'best new IP this generation', Dead Space 3 has a lot to prove to close of the series fittingly. Picking up 2 months after Dead Space 2 Isaac is in hiding, however when he is contacted by Robert Norton and John Carver of EarthGov Isaac is quickly whisked away from another Necromorph outbreak to search for his ex-girlfreind Ellie Langford. Upon finding her they also discover a way to destroy the markers and end Convergence once and for all on the frozen planet Tau Volantis. However the race is on as the Church of Unitology has also found this information and plan to stop Isaac and the team from achieving their goal.
    Dead Space 3 makes some pretty big mistakes in its new weapon crafting, currency and combat mechanics however these in shadow of the amazing story, mind blowing presentation and some of the best closure to a series I have seen in years makes Dead Space 3 an unmissable game.
  26. Feb 14, 2013
    Being a big fan of the first two games, i have to say i still love this one too. I have been mostly playing in Co-op with a friend and while it takes a lot of the scares away, it's a very very fun experience. The new crafting system is great and addictive. The gameplay is indeed more action based, but even then it really still feels like a dead space game. Or at least the atmosphere.Being a big fan of the first two games, i have to say i still love this one too. I have been mostly playing in Co-op with a friend and while it takes a lot of the scares away, it's a very very fun experience. The new crafting system is great and addictive. The gameplay is indeed more action based, but even then it really still feels like a dead space game. Or at least the atmosphere. Audiovisually it's again really impressive. I like this new approach to DS series. And if i want the survival horror experience, i can just play the previous two games. But the co-op is just tons of fun. Me and my friend are already looking forward to a second playthrough. Expand
  27. Feb 15, 2013
    I think the scores are too low. I'm a picky, hardcore gamer like many of you, and I believe they improved the game. Sure, they didn't give us the goose bump feeling from the first game, but that's hardly because the game is worst we just now what to expect. So instead, they gave us more action to compensate and the co-op is a bonus. It's fun and worth buying.
  28. Feb 21, 2013
    Loved Dead Space 1 and 2 and I loved 3. Yes, it's not as well paced or atmospheric as the first two games but it is still a great game! The campaign length is amazing. How people complain its too long are crazy! Go back to you 5 hour campaigns then.. Recommended!
  29. Feb 12, 2013
    If you've played Dead Space one and two dont come into Dead Space 3 expecting it to be more of the same. This time its longer, less linear, and as a player you have a lot more freedom. People are knocking this game because its not very scary, well thats not entirely true. The first half of the game your aboard a space ship like the first two games, necromorphs come out of crates, floorsIf you've played Dead Space one and two dont come into Dead Space 3 expecting it to be more of the same. This time its longer, less linear, and as a player you have a lot more freedom. People are knocking this game because its not very scary, well thats not entirely true. The first half of the game your aboard a space ship like the first two games, necromorphs come out of crates, floors and vents with a disturbing vibe walking down corridors is as scary as its ever been. When you hit Tau Volantis your more on your seat than ever before, your racing to kill necromorphs while monitierng your body temp. Now you pick up parts and blueprints to craft your very own weapons, you can make one from scratch or simply modify guns you already own, and if your not into that pick up the right parts and you can simply craft a preset weapon. The game is at least three or four times as long as DS2, its around 15-20 hours long, and now there are side missions that are both lengthy and a nice distraction from the main story. It may not be the case with everybody but to me i thought most of the first half of the game wuz a bit slow and a little uniteresting, you may disagree and there were a few parts in the first half that kept you on your seat(one in particular), overall most of the critisism this game is getting it doesnt deserve if your a Dead Space fan and your unsure if you should pick it up, Buy it its still survival horror and not action oriented and your gonna love it. Expand
  30. Feb 13, 2013
    Dont listen to all the negative crap about this game, Iv been a fan since Dead Space 1 and have loved every minute of every game. This third game is no different. Awesome from beginning to end. The addition of weapon crafting in this one is probably one of the best things they could have done. So much fun!! This game is well worth picking up.

1. Apr 15, 2013
    There’s also unevenness to the pacing between the high-energy action divided by constant collect-a-thons.
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    A great horror game was turned into a decent co-op shooter. Dead Space 3 is well-made but the uniqueness of the series is gone. Was that really the goal? [CD-Action 04/2013, p.66]
  3. Mar 23, 2013
    An impressive all-out action blaster that betrays its horror roots for a lower common denominator. [Apr 2013, p.64]