6.9

1. Aug 23, 2012
    In the words of Jack Slate, action cop extroardinaire **** YOU!" That's the plot of dead to rights in a nutshell. A remakeof a game for the playstation dtr:r is pretty insane. You play as the aforementioned hulking parody of a police officer and his pet savage wolf Shadow as you unravel a "dark conspiracy". It's pretty ridiculous. Rest assured you will be butchering hundreds if notIn the words of Jack Slate, action cop extroardinaire **** YOU!" That's the plot of dead to rights in a nutshell. A remakeof a game for the playstation dtr:r is pretty insane. You play as the aforementioned hulking parody of a police officer and his pet savage wolf Shadow as you unravel a "dark conspiracy". It's pretty ridiculous. Rest assured you will be butchering hundreds if not thousand of people. Gameplay consists of a third person shooter with an incredible amount of 6 different guns! However you'll be spending a fair amuont of the game using the deadliest weapon imaginable, Jack Slate's fists, Over-The-****ing-Top and This-Is-Ludicrous. Generally the combat is really tedious and really repetitive. The most amusing parts of the game are the special moves, the names of which i've forgotten and refuse to look up which are essentially fatalities a la mortal kombat except somewhat impossibly more brutal and unnecessary. You can also play as Shadow in "stealth sections" which besides being very easy and very short completely break up the flow of the game. This puppy's attack strategy mainly consists of tearing out throats and ripping off testicles. It's uncomfortable. Throughout this adventure you'll get wonderful quips from Officer Slate like **** You!" **** "Shadow, Kill!" and of course" You have the right to remain silent!" I highly reccomend this game because it's that special kind of terrible that leaps around into hillarious. Just get someone else to play it. Expand
  2. Jun 28, 2017
    Dead To Rights Retribution is a great 3rd person action game

Dead To Rights Retribution is a great 3rd person action game

Gameplay is broken into 3 types of sections:shooting,brawling,and stealth.Shooting sections are your fairly simple cover-shooting mechanics but the gunplay is somewhat satisfying,even if there are only about 6 weapons in the game.My favourite part of the game is the brawling.The combat system is surprisingly deep.You have low and high punches,guard breaks,clinching,disarms and a bunch of brutal takedowns.The sheer brutality of the combat system suits the atmosphere perfectly.The stealth sections let you play as a dog named Shadow.These will nearly always consist of getting a keycard for Jack to go through a door.The AI in these sections is quite poor,making them quite easy.

The graphics are ugly,but the framerate remains solid throughout.

The story here is very much filled with b-movie cheese,not the worst I've ever seen though.

The sound design is solid,but the soundtrack is mediocre.

Overall,Dead To Rights Retribution shows that graphics don't mean everything.Great game,highly recommended.
  3. Oct 10, 2015
    When I first decided to put this on my list for GameFly I wasn't expecting too much as the ratings hovered around a 6.2-6.9. I was thinking I would just getting a cop story, which was quite different for me and everything I have seen, but for me I got much more then that. I got a dog AI that I fell in love with. The dogs AI was so crisp and perfect I couldnt believe that this game had cameWhen I first decided to put this on my list for GameFly I wasn't expecting too much as the ratings hovered around a 6.2-6.9. I was thinking I would just getting a cop story, which was quite different for me and everything I have seen, but for me I got much more then that. I got a dog AI that I fell in love with. The dogs AI was so crisp and perfect I couldnt believe that this game had came out in 2010 (I played this game in 2014). The story was about revenging your dads something or other I dont remember details and I dont want to spoil anything for anyone but I remember getting relatively involved emotionally. I felt when the dog would get hurt, I felt when certain things would be said about the dad, and for once I actually striven for Gold shields, Which was how you ranked on missions and mini games. This game for a good certain amount of time was my favorite story. Then Mafia II came along but anyway this game was good for about 15-20 depending on if you replayed levels so you could get a higher shield. There is very low replayability unless you go back for achievements. Overall im giving this a 7/10 and specifically a 7.6/10. Although it is still one of my favorite games of all time there are minor problems with bugs nothing major and the graphics even for 2010 were probably just average. Along with the lack of replayability that is why its getting a relatively low score for one of my Top 10. I would definitely recommend renting this game and only buy it if its sub 10$ Expand
  4. Apr 15, 2017
    Voilà l'exemple d'un développeur qui a les yeux plus gros que le ventre : à vouloir tout faire en même temps pour en mettre plein la vue, la baudruche finit par éclater. L'ambiance policière très sombre rappelle fortement les Max Payne (bullet time compris) sauf qu'heureusement le "héros" est beaucoup moins pleurnichard et pour cause, puisqu'il est aussi un distributeur à gnons baraquéVoilà l'exemple d'un développeur qui a les yeux plus gros que le ventre : à vouloir tout faire en même temps pour en mettre plein la vue, la baudruche finit par éclater. L'ambiance policière très sombre rappelle fortement les Max Payne (bullet time compris) sauf qu'heureusement le "héros" est beaucoup moins pleurnichard et pour cause, puisqu'il est aussi un distributeur à gnons baraqué comme une armoire normande. Hélas, le temps est insuffisamment ralenti et le blaireau ne peut pas plonger.

Puisqu'il distribue des pains à l'envi, ça vire au jeu de baston à la con sauf qu'il faut cogner sur les débiles pendant une semaine pour leur péter la gueule. Idem pour les fusillades à moins de tirer dans la tête à chaque fois. Quant aux munitions elles se font décidément trop rares, tout ça pour obliger le joueur à bastonner.

Pour le reste la maniabilité est des plus correctes pour un TPS à la Gears et le jeu n'est pas vilain. A signaler que le cabot est fort distrayant : le voir boulotter les méchants très méchants et entendre leurs cris constitue sans nul doute le plus gros atout du jeu. Mais la longueur des niveaux remplis de crevards à dézinguer et fracasser entraîne une trop grande lassitude eu égard aux défauts énoncés plus avant.

1. Edge Magazine
    It's simple, enjoyable, and in wisely steering clear of trying anything grand or complex, is an enjoyable if self-contained success. [May 2010, p.97]
  2. Possibly the world's least anticipated sequel, but a surprisingly enjoyable brain dead romp all the same.
  3. A far bigger problem is simply the fact that the game gets boring all too quickly.