Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm Xbox 360

5.9

1. VictorVicenteV
    Dec 10, 2009
    It's a great fishing simulator, the best simulator I tried...
  2. MattA
    Sep 15, 2008
    I am a huge fan of the show and naturally I rushed out and bought it on release day. A definite waste of $60.00. I couldn't even read the captions because the print was so small. The bad thing is, I went to trade it in a 2 weeks later and the price dropped $20.00. Not a good investment. I suggest a rental only.
  3. davidk
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game never should have passed certification. For an XBOX title to crash this much and have such poor performance makes me wish I had stayed with PC games. At least they were cheaper.
  4. Michael
    Jun 24, 2008
    Surprisingly decent game. Overal design and gameplay (strategy + simulation) are pretty good. Manual is aweful, but the tutorials teach you nearly everything you need (except how to get back to a port). Sound is average. Water physics are excellent. Framerate and graphics are rather poor, but do not make the game unplayable. User interface could use more polish, as it has several small Surprisingly decent game. Overal design and gameplay (strategy + simulation) are pretty good. Manual is aweful, but the tutorials teach you nearly everything you need (except how to get back to a port). Sound is average. Water physics are excellent. Framerate and graphics are rather poor, but do not make the game unplayable. User interface could use more polish, as it has several small annoyances. Expand
  5. nickb
    Oct 16, 2009
    this games is allright its fun and a good thing if you need something to do.
  6. Sep 18, 2013
    To look at causes/effects of colo embrittlement in material
    At normal temperatures, steels and other materials have the ability to flex and deform in a ductile manner, this is due mainly to a process known as “slip”. In steels, slip planes exist between the grain boundaries in the existing crystal structure.
    To look at causes/effects of colo embrittlement in material
    If the temperature of the steel drops appreciably and the service conditions are still, maintained. Then the ability of the material to “give” and flex under the normal process of “slip” is reduced.
    At these lower temperatures, such as can exist in service areas including, cryogenic pipework. Offshore structures (oil/gas platforms) in very cold waters. The ability of the slip planes to move normally virtually stops and a phenomenon known as cold embrittlement can take place. Materials being subjected to this type of conditions are much more likely to fail in a brittle manner in effect the slip planes almost become immobile and fractures can begin and propagate throughout the material, resulting in catastrophic failure.
    In materials such as plastics and some ceramics the effects of solar ray containing U.V can be very damaging. Over long periods, plastics can begin to “craze” resulting in very fine cracks being formed on the surface. If the materials is in service under a “stressed” condition the surface crazing can turn into deeper cracks and eventual failure. There are obvious ways in which the effects of U.V can be reduced i.e by changing the constituents of the base material, applying coating etc

I LIKE FISH

1. Overall the game is a great in depth simulation and the gameplay outweighs many of its bugs.
  2. Just completing a single string of pots (the cages the crabs crawl into on the ocean floor, trapping them) in Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm is a long and drawn out experience, with a difficult to master control scheme and layers of strategy and management to contend with. On top of that, it will literally make you seasick. In other words, a total PC game.
  3. It's a very involving and at times complex game, with numerous controls and menus to learn. We dig the slow moving but rewarding gameplay as well as the numerous video clips from the show, but the horrible frame rate, long load times and lackluster visuals keep Deadliest Catch from being the king of simulations.