7.4

1. Jun 25, 2013
    Everyone should have known Deadpool wouldn't be revolutionary but it's still one hell of a funny game and just a fun game. It has everything that will entertain any Deadpool fan.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Although this game has flaws- oh wait, I don't care, I couldn't stop laughing, and I am having hell of a good time, so you know what? It deserves a 10/10!
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    The achievement with the pancakes was the moment when I realized this game was amazing. My literal quote was, "Oh my God *laughter*, he made like a thousand pancakes!". Cue the achievement: I'm Expecting Company Make a Thousand Pancakes." Brilliant, simply brilliant.
    And about the graphics...well, every game can't look like Bioshock Infinite on Ultra Max settings, alright? They're
    good enough, and they're not terrible, so I'm happy. The combat is very fluid and bloody, like X-Men Origins: Wolverine. On the plus side, it's a full M-rated title, so no holds barred on the good stuff! Expand
  4. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is HILARIOUS!!!. it is absolutely deadpool at his best/ every five minutes I laugh. there are a few noticeable bugs but they don't ruin the experience of the game. for every deadpool fan it's a must buy, but if you are looking for just some funny good time this is also for you. the only people who should not buy this are those who are looking for a hardcore action game.
    P.S.
    Chris Nolan is voicing deadpool in the most funny way possible. Expand
  5. Jun 25, 2013
    This is to counteract people who are rating it 0 when they didn't even play the game yet. This game is fun for any deadpool fan and i would personally give it 8/10 if there wasn't any of those trolls
  6. Jun 26, 2013
    High Moon has a great history of games, I loved Transformers War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, they did an awesome job turning Transformers G1 into a game, the Bourne surpremecy game was good too. Once I heard they were making Deadpool for the next game I was really looking forward to it, I've had so much fun playing their previous game. Well................ Deadpool is hilarious, the graphics are ok, the voicework is outstanding, there is so much dialog in the game, at some points you can do the same thing over and over and you will hear 10 different things. the gameplay is button smashing with some gun play. the camera can take some getting used to but is not bad at all. I put this between a must buy or at least rent. I'm having so much fun right now with it Expand
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    For what this game has aimed to do, it has succeeded unbelievably well. Since anything else is really just a matter of the player's taste, isn't that what every game should be scored on?
  8. Jun 26, 2013
    Amazing, Hilarious Wish Combat in Marvel Heroes was like the combat in this game. very fun! I am really enjoying it, I would have bought it even if it were 59.99 and would have enjoyed it just as much.
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    Deadpool is NOT Duke Nukem Forever, it's actually funny and fun, which Duke Nukem is NOT. I BOUGHT THE SPECIAL EDITION OF DUKE NUKEM FOREVER AND CRY EVERY DAY I SEE THE STATUE!!!!!
  10. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was a break through for forth-wall comedy. Literally the funniest game I have played since Duke Nukem. I had never heard of Deadpool before this and now I want all his comics forever!!!1! Expand
  11. Jun 26, 2013
    I expected crap, I got an original masterpiece. As someone who plays almost everything that comes out, I highly recommend this game.

Featuring 8bit, 2.5d side-scrolling and a deeply unique story. It's hilarious, well-balance, and very fun to play.

My only warning would be that it's around the size of a Call of Duty game, which to my mind makes it quite short (around 6 hours long).
    Still, one of the best games of the year thus far. Expand
  12. Aug 21, 2013
    I'm tired of games that take themselves too seriously. i just got Splinter Cell Blacklist and it takes itself way too seriously. It's dope, but too serious. This game on the other hand has all the visual and narrative and gameplay elements you need but it's freaking hilarious as well.
  13. Jun 28, 2013
    This isn't a Deadpool Game, this is a DEADPOOL game. The Deadpool is the important part. This isn't gonna revolutionize gaming, it's a faithful gaming adaptation of a popular character. You're either into that or you're not.
  14. Aug 1, 2013
    Best parts to the game is the story and humor which for me story is a must have nothing else compares. Humor in this kind of game is also one of the most important things and they nail it hard! Graphics were fun and exciting. I found no bugs in my play through and honestly I can't complain I just enjoyed it.
  15. Aug 1, 2013
    I seriously could not get enough of this game, after seeing dead pool in the the spider man video game where all the different time lines interact. I could not stop laughing. I can't really complain about the repetitiveness. The sense of humor and different jokes along with the humorous hot tub scene that turned out to be fake. The Boss fight was intense and then to finish the job the way they did was hilarious! I seriously loved this game and hope you make another one or some DLC!! Expand
  16. Jun 29, 2013
    First five friggin' minutes I watched on YouTube...FIRST FIVE MINUTES AND I FELL IN LOVE! Deadpool calls his own voice actor, and before hanging up, he says "Well, f**k you, Nolan!" Sorry, but this game has made me laugh so hard and I'm barely an hour into it!
  17. Jul 1, 2013
    deadpool is right his game is awesome! its hilarious all the way through. the combat is solid but not anything special and the graphics are nice looking with some good details especially in the character models, but the real draw here is the comedy and deadpool himself of course. this is by far one of the funniest games ive ever played. the story is barely there, the game is linear, combat is nothing new, but there are too many serious games out there while this game is just a immature mindless hilarious over the top hell of a good time! im very glad i gave this game a shot! Deadpool rulezzz!! Expand
  18. Jun 26, 2013
    Absolutely stunning game. The comedy is spot on for the character, it has tons of marvel references and randomness that do justice to the name of Deadpool. Gameplay is fairly well for a hack-n-slash not quite on the level of devil may cry or God of War but carries it's own challenges none the less and has a ton of upgrades to work towards (though you should be able to accomplish most in a single playthrough). The story is long enough to be enjoyable and the challenge mode is just that, challenging. I certainly wish for the price tag that we could have gotten a multi-player but I don't regret my choice.

Don't confuse this however, this is not for those that:
    A) Don't like hack-n-slash
    or B) Aren't into the kind of humor Deadpool brings to the table (as it never stops and the game is bursting at the seems with it).
  19. Dec 2, 2013
    While I have yet to complete the story, it has earned a 10/10 from me. While the campaign isn't the most solid in the world, that's not the point. The point is simply Deadpool. Anyone who is a fan of Deadpool knows that story lines and scripts don't roll well with him and he's gonna do whatever the heck he feels like doing.
  20. Jun 29, 2013
    I give this a 8/10, but to counteract the humorless PC police drones and people who never played it giving it a 0, I give it a 10.
    First it was $49.99. Second it never claimed once to have innovative gameplay. Read previews before buying to learn what to expect. It was fun cutting and shooting up a ton of enemies and the HUMOR IS GREAT!!! Upgrades are cool too.

I found myself laughing
    the whole time. NOT For the stick up their Politically correct crowd though. This game has jokes 4th wall style when it runs out of budget(won't say more but it's funny) jokes on your playing skill, hell jokes on everything!

I'd definitely recommend this to people who want to be entertained and laugh but don't expect this to be the greatest game ever made graphics wide.

Ignore the fools and overly sensitive gaming press with their white knighting and try this game! At least rent it. You will have a great time. Think Spaceballs meets American Pie meets the Xmen origins wolverine game(I think this is more fun than that.)
  21. Jul 1, 2013
    I don't think I've had as much fun with a game since ever! I highly advise purchasing it. The graphics, however out of date they seem are no problem and is something I can brush off, as a Deadpool fan, this is something I have enjoyed incredibly.
  22. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is real funny. I have a bad sense of humor, it could just be me. The storyline (which i wont spoil) is great too. Deadpool has to be one of my favorite comics ever, with a good humor, and High Moon did a good job copying the humor from the comics to the game.
  23. Jul 14, 2013
    really, really good laugh material, and the game makes you have a really good time. a REAL GAME, with fun and pleasure. the 10 is out because of the overseen game-play and the non-re-playability.
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is a blast, i enjoyed it a lot, and laughed so much. I guess people that don't like it have no sens of humor at all. This is one of the best games i played in moths and had so much fun doing it. I recommend it to any comic fan.
  25. Jul 24, 2013
    For anyone who has bought a minimum of 30 Deadpool comics, is an X-men comics fan and has an affinity for varying styles of gameplay...this game is the If you really enjoy it and participate in an the goofy events(ie flirting with every girl at the party and dancing)this game spews out achievements. I've read several reviews that have stated a dislike of the minigames...and they also claim it is too repetitive! That justs seems wacky to me being that the minigames break up the endless killing and are loads of fun. This game is a brilliant homage to the Deadpool character and I for one can't imagine how they could have done abetter job. Deadpool obviously isn't for everyone(Call of Duty people...why don't they just join the marines?!) but for a true fun loving Deadpool fan this is where it's at! If you don't know about Deadpool pick up a compilation book at your local library and if you love em, definately give this game a try. If you don't know anything about Deadpool you won't get the 10gillion references made. If you don't like Deadpool then just go back to playing Call of Duty. Expand
  26. Aug 8, 2013
    This was a fantastic game. It truly captured the character we love unsurprising, given that Daniel Way wrote the script!). A great story, superb voice acting and genuine laughs. I found the gameplay to be almost always entertaining and highly recommend this game! Here's hoping for a sequel!
  27. Aug 29, 2013
    The character is awesome to play and the gameplay solid fun. It combines rather general TPS with some fantastically weird gameplay components. The story concept is cool but not new, it has already been explored in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. What is unique is the character, Deadpool, and the attention given to his personality. He is psychotic, weird, funny, crazy, dramatic, and other many other things. The other characters in the game are equally funny, you keep looking for the next weirdness to happen as you play along. The humour and weirdness is what gets me in this game. Everything is over the top. With solid TPS gameplay and awesome characters this game is worth a purchase. Expand
  28. Aug 28, 2013
    God..I really dont undertand these critics that were expecting to deadpool to be a Revolution.The game is exactly what I was expecting,and GOD is it good! Funny,dinamic and brutal,this is the deadpool experience that fans were waiting.Of course that if it had more content,more alternate clothes,collectables(like de comics in the amazing spider man game),it would be good,but the game still awesome.
  29. Sep 4, 2013
    Deadpool wont go down as an amazing game but it will go down as an amazingly fun experience. If you've ever played a third person shoot em up/beat em up game, you've kinda played deadpool. The thing that sets it apart is everything else about the game. Normally its the gameplay that has more sway on a game review but those games aren't deadpool. The humour, the storyline, the voice acting, the violence, the environment, and the other marvel tie-ins TOTALLY over shadow any of the flaws. Those flaws to me being the lack of post game content and the lack of diversity in enemies. Outside of that...I was very satisfied. Defiantly worth the time and money but don't expect to do much with it after you've completed it. Expand
  30. Oct 14, 2013
    Never have i laughed so much playing a game and i am sure i have never had so much fun with a game either, this game is to Deadpool what the Arkham series was and is to Batman, the look of the game is perfect for the game, the controls are very good and allow for some very high combos to be built up, the number of weapons and upgrades are great maybe could do with a few more for future games, and the story is pretty good allowing some b-list villains get a shot in the limlight and the way Deapool broke the 4th wall in this game constantly calling High Moon and telling them how awesome this game should be and even calling Nolan North too it was geniusly done but by far the best thing is the performance of Nolan North as Deadpool himself he nails it it is one of his best performances if not his best he was perfect in this game there are a few thing that need to be polished like the repetition of one liners while in combat they could be a few more so that it doesn't seem like he is just saying the same set of jokes over and over but this is just a small issue i really hope this is just the start of the Deadpool games because it was such a great start here's hoping for more to come in the future and maybe we will get that damn movie too Expand

A hero that fits in no pigeon-hole, of the video game that prays to the pigeon-holes. Run up headlong, and maybe you are going to be relatively satisfied. [Issue#232]
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is repetitive, with boring level design and a camera which doesn’t want to work. Deadpool is a great character with a lot charisma and humour, but he tries too hard to be really funny.
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    Deadpool is an action game that tries very hard to make fun of the game medium. Sometimes it is very funny while other times it is not. Gameplay-wise Deadpool manages to be pretty standard stuff but it is rather evident that it should’ve needed more time in development.