7.4

1. Jul 18, 2013
    The graphics, music and sound effects are high quality. I was able to get through the Awakening capaign fairly easily, but got mopped up on Boderlands. I couldn't complete a single level. There is no difficulty switch and it feels the game is geared towards only a couple possible solutions. To echo Shinigurai's comment very frustrating. I've been playing games for a long time, and fortunately it's rare that I run into games like this where the levels are too extreme. Expand
  2. Jul 5, 2013
    Weirdly additive game. Spent hours on it. Will never purchase it (not my type of game), but as a free game for xbox gold member, I give it a soild 7....
  3. Jun 30, 2013
    Well done tower defense game. I felt that it would have been better if the enemies actually fired back at you and you had to repair units, etc., something that even some of the free online tower defense games do. However, still a great game and some of the later levels are extremely hard. Worth purchasing if you are a tower defense fan like myself.
  4. Jun 17, 2012
    Truly one of the best strategy games on the 360, and one of the few that have stood the test of time. Though I have finished all the levels many times, I still come back to try new things and test new strategies. It'll never have the following of COD, but as a tower defense game, there is none better.
  5. Oct 18, 2011
    Defense Grid is the kind of game you like to play and in the same way, you develop a kind of hate in the same way. The strategy of thinking what type of offensive unit makes the game probably different from many strategy games( or tower etc) but the concept it's just a damaged journey that doesn't appeal to me . Hidden Path Entertainment needs to polish the sequel , by now , Defense Grid is just another lazy game that even with a boring gameplay it's a nice game. Expand
  6. Jul 5, 2013

A great value on Xbox Live Arcade. It's a fantastic tower defense game, costs half what it does on PC, and throws in bonus levels for us. Strategy games aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if you count yourself a devotee of the genre you won't want to miss this one.
  2. It's still just another Tower Defence game, but at least this one requires some genuine strategy.
  3. The pinnacle of design for tower-defense games, and not just because of its fancy Gamebryo-powered 3D graphics. It’s challenging and complex without breaking the same simple rules that all tower-defense games follow, even the most unsophisticated ones. Taking a simple yet classic game design, then adding depth and polish to it, is probably the purest way to make a great game.