Destiny Xbox 360

4.7

1. Feb 13, 2017
    Pros-
    Very fun
    Online game Campaign, Strikes, and Crucible Challenging Separate DLC’s you can buy to get cooler gear and more experience Amazing graphics Custom character Cons- If the internet connection isn’t very good it may kick you out of your current mission and send you into orbit Since Destiny no longer supports Xbox 360, if you get an exotic weapon, it’ll be trash
    Pros-
    Very fun
    Online game
    Campaign, Strikes, and Crucible
    Challenging
    Separate DLC’s you can buy to get cooler gear and more experience
    Amazing graphics
    Custom character

Cons-

“Destiny” is a game where you fight aliens and save the universe, that kind of thing. This game was created by BUNGIE and Activision. This video game is rated T because of the animated blood and violence. Honestly, you don’t see much blood at all. “Destiny” is an online game, so if you don’t have xbox live, you won’t be able to play it. This game costs around $30.
    At the beginning of the game your first time playing, you’ll customize the look of your personal character. First you get to choose your class; warlock, titan, or hunter. Warlocks use magic, titans are the heavy hitters or “tanks” as I like to call them, and hunters are basically the stealthy ninjas of the game. After you choose your class, you get to choose your gender, and then you pick what race you want to be; humans, awoken(cool looking aliens), or exos(basically robots). Once done with that, you can choose features like skin color, eye color, hair, and other things. You can create up to three characters, but I just stick with one because I feel like it.
    The campaign is pretty tough for first-timers, and there are some tough bosses. Some of these aliens such as thralls, attack in herds and are tough when you face all of them at once. When facing thralls, shoot when they’re at a distance, and use your melee weapon when they’re next to you, that way you don’t waste bullets. Thralls don’t shoot guns, they just come at you with their sharp claws and attack when they’re right next to you. I hate thralls. As you level up, the missions will get harder and you’ll be pitted against tougher types of aliens.
    Other than the campaign, you can go on Strikes and play in Crucible. Strikes are missions with their own tough boss that have a reward, and you can go on them whenever you want. Just a warning though, strikes are NOT easy. Another thing about strikes is that you go with a team, so you aren’t doing this alone. Crucible matches are online games that you can join where it’s either everyone against everyone or teams against each other for just the purpose of the match or to capture the zones in some. The capture the zones ones are my favorite.
    If you like the game and want more, there are DLC’s such as “The Taken King”, “Dark Below”, “House of Wolves”, and “Rise of Iron”. I have “The Taken King” and really enjoy it. In “The Taken King” you get to fight a really tough boss, and unlock new items, subclasses, and more. It costed around 20 to 25 dollars. You can get “The Taken King” as a completely separate game though, if you don’t want to buy “Destiny” and then get the DLC.
    I’d rate “Destiny” a 9/10 stars, because I really enjoy the game, the graphics are amazing, and the game keeps you interested. The only reason I’m not rating this a 10 star game is due to the fact that “Destiny” is no longer supported on xbox 360 and you don’t get any more good weapons and gear unless you buy a DLC, which I don’t appreciate. Other than that, “Destiny” is an amazing game and I recommend it to all gamers from age 10 maybe and older. This game is truly, awesome.
  2. Jul 16, 2016
    The game is so Awesome, but be careful what class you choose, although you can make a new character but you have to start over at level 1. Great story!
  3. Jul 7, 2016
    When the game first came out I could not have been more excited for Bungee was working on this game for years. Yet, to my utter disappointment, the game was incredibly short and I completed it within 24 hours of buying it. The game was simply not complete and was designed to make money. Overall a game with incredible potential that could not have been worse.
  4. Jul 5, 2016
    Destiny is a game where you travel around the galaxy fight different alien species. I personal find this game very entertaining. Yes, it has problems but what game doesn't. People think that Destiny is just a big pill of trash, but not me, I think it's a great game. So, if you want to play, I recommend it.
  5. Nov 29, 2015
    Honestly the worst video game I've ever played, bungled-vision put out an imcomplete, minimally viable product. The absence of content leaves the game so empty that young kids are slipping into a sunk cost fallacy, throwing money at the screen, expecting it to get better but it never will, its designed that way, not the game's design(which is horrendous) but the way the company isHonestly the worst video game I've ever played, bungled-vision put out an imcomplete, minimally viable product. The absence of content leaves the game so empty that young kids are slipping into a sunk cost fallacy, throwing money at the screen, expecting it to get better but it never will, its designed that way, not the game's design(which is horrendous) but the way the company is designed, they had the game being built and written for years and 9months before release jason jones and luke smith decide to cut it back and resell the same small part for the next few years. So many better games out there, that are worth the money Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2015
    Ugh...it's okay I guess. The gameplay itself is well-made (no bugs), the gunplay is rock solid and the loot can make the game addicting to play at times. The stroy is told in such a way that no one can really understand what is going on, and it probably has the most unbalanced competitive multiplayer ever created. Not a terrible game, but buy at your own risk.

Also, this is an

Also, this is an online-only game. But you will only need Xbox Live Gold if you want to play the (really bad) competitive multiplayer, raid and strike missions. Everything else is available (story and patrol missions) with a free subscription.
  7. Sep 20, 2015
    This game is the most overrated game I've ever played. It is not 10% complete, and made my Xbox red ring. I'm not joking, I had to get a new Xbox because of this.
  8. Sep 15, 2015
    I played this game for eight months, but with the release of The Taken King expansion, Bungie and Activision have locked out much of the game for anyone who doesn't own TTK. The old missions and strikes are playable only on a single difficulty (previously called "Easy"), and the old strike and Crucible playlists are gone, leaving a hobbled game. Add to this the fact that you can't use anyI played this game for eight months, but with the release of The Taken King expansion, Bungie and Activision have locked out much of the game for anyone who doesn't own TTK. The old missions and strikes are playable only on a single difficulty (previously called "Easy"), and the old strike and Crucible playlists are gone, leaving a hobbled game. Add to this the fact that you can't use any new legendary items, and can't "earn" (or "find") the old legendary items, you basically have a coaster in a slipcase. Expand
  9. Aug 31, 2015
    I've enjoyed the game, PvE is great as far as im concerned however, PvP is absolutely rubbish. Very unbalanced, on the crucible is even says level advantage disabled though higher levels have more perks, and weapons with more perks so therefore there is still a disadvantage for lower levels. Weapons are extremely over or under powerful, there is no middle ground.
  10. Aug 31, 2015
    While Destiny is technically a quarter of a complete game (as there are 2 expansions with a third upcoming one), it is quite possibly the best unfinished game I have ever played!

Pros: The gameplay is rock solid. As this is made by Bungie (the guys behind Halo 1-Reach), the controls feel tight and you are able to do very well in the game, PVP matches especially. The perfect console FPS

Pros:
    The gameplay is rock solid. As this is made by Bungie (the guys behind Halo 1-Reach), the controls feel tight and you are able to do very well in the game, PVP matches especially. The perfect console FPS for those unfamiliar with FPS games on a console.
    The music is stunningly awesome, in the true senses of the word. All of the tracks fit the tone of the Destiny universe excellently with some very memorable pieces. It's a shame Martin O'Donnell left Bungie after Destiny was released :(
    Even though there is a lot of repetition, there is quite a lot to do in Destiny. You have the story missions which will take a few hours to beat, there's the Strike Missions, Patrol Missions, Raids and there's the addictive PVP modes that also feature various events at certain times. The game overall is very addictive

Cons:
    While the story missions don't feel like a bore, the plot overall is not well told at all. Destiny is a game with a potentially stunning lore, but the story mode in Destiny doesn't do it justice whatsoever. The writing is also bare bones and the voice acting is bland. Even though Dinklage is going to be replaced by Nolan North (as of this review), he still had one of the most average voices in recent gaming history.
    The game can get repetitive after a while. Even though the things on offer are incredible fun, eventually the game will become a forced loot grind, which will eventually force you to buy the expansions in order to breathe new life into the game and to keep playing it. Good thing the Taken king comes out soon :D
    Even though loot collecting can be fun at times, some of the systems related to the loot are horrible, the worst example is with the Cryptarch (who can be found in the tower). If you ask him to decrypt an engram, most of the time you will be given an item that is way below your standards and level. Many people have come to hate the Cryptarch but Bungie will be balancing out the loot system for the Taken King.

Overall, Destiny is a stunning game (My personal Game of the Year in 2014), but it does have massive story and repetition issues. If you buy the Destiny Taken King legendary edition, you will get the main game and all of the expansions, including the taken king. So if you are new to Destiny, I recommend getting that when it comes out as that is the best value!

11. Aug 16, 2015
    It is a complete deception, it's boring, repetitive and it has no content. The campaing doesn't solve anything in the "story" and the online servers are terrible.

Save your money and don't buy this terrible game.
  12. Aug 15, 2015
    Only reason I left 2 points is for the graphics and the concept.
    For me it's downfalls are the following,
    Only reason I left 2 points is for the graphics and the concept.
    For me it's downfalls are the following,
    1; no standalone, whilst forgivable any kind of interruption with Xbox live connection will force you to restart instance no matter if this is seconds rather than minutes. Also given the huge melee attacks and your chars difficulty in defending or providing any substantial offence, dying is an inevitability ( no issue there thats how people learn ) but respawning each time at the start again, makes this game tiresome.
    2: NPC interaction, awful it's like it was thrown together at the last minute as an after thought as there is little to no interaction leaving you wondering what you're doing in game and for what overall purpose. This for me prevented any kind of linking to the char I played and I've tried Titan Hunter and Lock, still same result.
    I'd list more issues or review it high end but to be honest this is one of the games that's going back on the shelf and I've given it around 20hrs playtime and with that kind of time, I'd of connected with it by now as opposed to wishing I'd not bothered in the first place.
    So to sum this game up in one phrase, like the other reviews I'd say Majorly Over Hyped.
  13. Jul 13, 2015
    pros: Fun combat, Pretty visuals even on last gen, Beautiful Soundtrack

pros: Fun combat, Pretty visuals even on last gen, Beautiful Soundtrack

Cons: Unrewarding as hell, bad level design, no actual characters (not even lame characters), same locations when you go to another "open world" planet, All mission involve you defending your ghost while he hacks, bad character leveling, SEVERE lack of any type of story telling, Crappy Ai, Noncompetitive multiplayer, and worse of all: Being super hyped for this game for 2 years, and getting this piece of **** disappointment.

In total: 3 pros and 10 cons! This game shouldn't be sold online or at a popular store, it should be sold at the 50 cent store. DO.NOT.BUY.THIS.GAME
  14. Jun 29, 2015
    This game could have been great but then came the dlc and then more dlc and more. Then the partnerships with other companies. To top it all off the story was once much better than the repetitive crap that is in the game now.
    Bungie, I expected greater from you.
    Activision, stop ruining games to maximize profits.
  15. Jun 22, 2015
    I rented this game from redbox and its has been a nightmare. I took about 4 hours to get the game to even start because there were multiple downloads that were necessary to run it. It was a fairly standard game once i started to play it. There wasn't anything that exciting.

Also, I kept getting cut off from xbox live which kicked me out of the game. Because of this I only made it through the first mission. This could be because of my internet connection but overall it has been a terrible experience and its mainly because of the requirement to connect to the internet to plain the campaign.
  16. Jun 8, 2015
    As of this writing, I've come to my senses and have realised Destiny is a bunch of crock. Let me explain exactly why.

Story: 1/10. Destiny offers very little explanation to certain game elements while in-game, and the fact that you have to go online to access Grimiore cards is a complete hack. The DLC's plots are equally as thin. Gameplay: 2/10. Destiny, while fun at first,

Gameplay: 2/10. Destiny, while fun at first, degenerates into a boring grind that isn't good nor is it fun. Getting higher ranked armour from hard missions or multiplayer is damn near impossible, and the rewards for one gets for completion are really underwhelming. Missions are a chore as well; you can visit the same locations in three or more different missions, all lacking variety. Enemies in these locations all have the same function. "Oh, this one shoots magic! This one shoots bullets!" is probably all you'll say before you begin to notice the lack of variety and get really, REALLY bored playing. New missions for you to complete are as hard as they come. With the rarity of some much-needed armour that levels you up to the proper rank to play later missions, you have no other choice then to play on the "hard" difficulty, which is, more often than not, extremely hard and a major turn-off. Enemies at this stage use every cheap tactic in the gaming book to keep you from progressing, and Destiny's **** "no respawn" zones just add to the frustration. Foes are equipped with all the clichés, up to but not limited to, one-hit kills, exploding with no warning, or overpowered weapons that severely damage the player character. Multiplayer also sucks. Have an awesome gun that's powerful but has a slightly slower fire-rate than you like? Better keep playing until you find a better weapon, because rapid firing weapons in multiplayer will destroy you (and quite possibly, your controller). The hub is also at first mesmerising, but also becomes lame when you realise how little there is to do besides do some stupid dance as a way to interact with someone. Once you've done a lot of stuff, there will be absolutely nothing here for you to do until you get grinding. That's absolutely horrid.

Sound effects/Soundtrack: 6/10. While not as iconic as Halo's soundtracks, Marty O'Donnell's signature sound is still heard and extremely welcoming. Sound effects are the usual sci-fi grab-bag, but still good.

Graphics: 9.5/10. The graphics are amazing even for the last-gen consoles. Your screen will be filled with all sorts of greens, reds, and blues, and you'll love it (until boredom sinks in, which should be in about an hour).

Overall: 3/10. Nowhere near as iconic as Halo nor is it anywhere near as fun, Destiny is an overhyped clunker that you should stay far away from. Case in point: stick with the Halo series instead, Bungie screwed up big time on this one.
  17. Jun 7, 2015
    Another epic fail from Bungie. Not enough matchmaking for most activities. Way too many server issues that cause connection problems. Weapons and AI are unbalanced. Gameplay is extremely monotonous and repetitive. Risks outweigh the rewards. They could do more with the ships and sparrows like add a racing mode with rewards. Felt like it was rushed. RNG is terrible. Very disappointed atAnother epic fail from Bungie. Not enough matchmaking for most activities. Way too many server issues that cause connection problems. Weapons and AI are unbalanced. Gameplay is extremely monotonous and repetitive. Risks outweigh the rewards. They could do more with the ships and sparrows like add a racing mode with rewards. Felt like it was rushed. RNG is terrible. Very disappointed at this Halo knockoff. Unless Bungie fixes this it will never live up to it's expectation. Expand
  18. May 17, 2015
    This game is so so. The story is really lacking and disjointed. I think the thing that gets me the most is how PVP is ridiculously unbalanced. Yes, I know, only some game options are completely unbalanced, but still others suffer. There is not an option where everyone has the same or similar load out and similar powers. You have to play the game like crazy to get enough levels to buyThis game is so so. The story is really lacking and disjointed. I think the thing that gets me the most is how PVP is ridiculously unbalanced. Yes, I know, only some game options are completely unbalanced, but still others suffer. There is not an option where everyone has the same or similar load out and similar powers. You have to play the game like crazy to get enough levels to buy the good weapons and armor and then I guess it's great but realistically, that shouldn't be the case. Give me a good game of Halo. I know my opponent most likely has a similar weapon load out and similar powers. Destiny, not the case. If you like a game where you live for 15 seconds and maybe pick up 1 or 2 kills (or none) then this might work for you. Really disappointed after all the hype. Expand
  19. Apr 16, 2015
    I give this game 10/10 because its an addictive, i really enjoy playing it, Is not a perfect game but its so close it's scary, It's kinda repetitive in some ways but that doesn't bother me, The story missions were fun for me and the PVP was great, The actual story flew past me, it made little sense for the most part and by the end of the last mission I had no idea why I was shooting theI give this game 10/10 because its an addictive, i really enjoy playing it, Is not a perfect game but its so close it's scary, It's kinda repetitive in some ways but that doesn't bother me, The story missions were fun for me and the PVP was great, The actual story flew past me, it made little sense for the most part and by the end of the last mission I had no idea why I was shooting the aliens, but playing through the missions was quite enjoyable and the rate of leveling worked very well but by the end of the campaign it had all made sense and i loved it it. Expand
  20. Apr 15, 2015
    Every time you want to play an update is required. If I wanted to sit and watch an update for 20 odd mins I would have bought a game called "boring update". Maybe that's what they should have called the game. Played it 5-6 times now and fed up watching the download screen. Charity shop for this game.. Avoid this update game.
  21. Mar 19, 2015
    Destiny is an artistically beautiful game that falls very short. The most disappointing thing about this game is the lack of story line. Repetitiveness, for a game that claims not be an MMO and the lack of the content does not help. The place where this game can shine are raids and there are currently only two (one if you don't buy the "expansion.") While the raids can be fun, they'reDestiny is an artistically beautiful game that falls very short. The most disappointing thing about this game is the lack of story line. Repetitiveness, for a game that claims not be an MMO and the lack of the content does not help. The place where this game can shine are raids and there are currently only two (one if you don't buy the "expansion.") While the raids can be fun, they're filled with game breaking bugs. The PVP is unbalanced and tends to be filled with hand cannon/auto rifle/shotgun/fusion rifle players. Expand
  22. Mar 15, 2015
    I hate reviewers and here's why. This game is an MMORPG, it's designed for grinding/repetition along with an RNG loot system. I beta tested this game, then pre-ordered the title. I was disappointed with one fact which is what kept this game from getting a 10, the beta test characters move over to the game which they DON'T tell you when you tested. So my max level beta character, endedI hate reviewers and here's why. This game is an MMORPG, it's designed for grinding/repetition along with an RNG loot system. I beta tested this game, then pre-ordered the title. I was disappointed with one fact which is what kept this game from getting a 10, the beta test characters move over to the game which they DON'T tell you when you tested. So my max level beta character, ended up having to be started over. The story is exactly what I'd expect from Bungie, the game play is stellar, and the PvP is awesome. Sorry to the naysayers but you have crap internet or are playing at the wrong times. Expand
  23. Mar 12, 2015
    WARNING: DO NOT WASTE 60.00$ ON THIS PEICE OF JUNK. this game is totally not worth buying because of the campaign and numerous problems. 1. the campaign is boring and repetitive. 2. the servers SUCK. I have perfectly fine internet and I go on destiny and I cannot play it for more than five minutes without it shutting down or messing up, so I recommend getting the game for newer consoles,WARNING: DO NOT WASTE 60.00$ ON THIS PEICE OF JUNK. this game is totally not worth buying because of the campaign and numerous problems. 1. the campaign is boring and repetitive. 2. the servers SUCK. I have perfectly fine internet and I go on destiny and I cannot play it for more than five minutes without it shutting down or messing up, so I recommend getting the game for newer consoles, such as Xbox one. 3. crappy loot drops, and barely any engram drops for low level characters. 4. leveling up takes longer than it should. you have to go on three to four missions in order to gain at least 2 levels. 5. online sounds and looks fun, but has horrible connection problems, for example: I played online, and took out my fusion rifle, and shot another character 5 TIMES before the shots actually hit the character. Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2015
    Looks beautiful, plays okay, guns and gun play are quite nice, but ultimately the game gets repetitive and boring.

Basically, only get this game if you enjoy grinding for tens of hours. It's okay, nothing great or generation changing.
  25. Feb 16, 2015
    Wait until Ultimate Edition for Destiny before buying it waitnow not worth 59.99USD
    Don't Buy DLC or Don't Buy Season Pass.
    This DLCs is Pay to Unlock since Fileszie is less then 200MB Really under 10mb.
    Skip all Pay to Unlock DLC others one coming for Destiny.
    Real DLC Filesize least 250MB-10GB
  26. Feb 5, 2015
    Good, not great, not bad. The gunplay is extremely well done and incredibly fun. Bungie's 13 years of console FPS development really payed off in the control department. Bungie knows how to make an FPS feel great on a console. It's also surprisingly pretty for an Xbox 360 game, despite it's incredibly low resolution. Aside from that, this game is incredibly bare-bones. There is very littleGood, not great, not bad. The gunplay is extremely well done and incredibly fun. Bungie's 13 years of console FPS development really payed off in the control department. Bungie knows how to make an FPS feel great on a console. It's also surprisingly pretty for an Xbox 360 game, despite it's incredibly low resolution. Aside from that, this game is incredibly bare-bones. There is very little reason to continue to play this game after the campaign ends, save for repetitive strikes and un-exciting multiplayer. The story was stripped during development, so the end of the campaign feels incredibly hollow. You are also forced to play online, but it rarely has much impact on your experience. There are three classes and three races to choose from, but they don't seem to make significantly different impacts on gameplay. Regardless of this, I come back to it about once a week and generally enjoy myself, so it does have something to offer. Destiny's biggest issue for me personally, however, is the fact that it is not on PC. I don't forsee it being released anytime soon or even at all due to its lack-luster reception on consoles. I'm probably in the minority of PC gamers who would actually play this game. Expand
  27. Jan 26, 2015
    Very good game for which I can't find replacement of all available games.
    Very good game for which I can't find replacement of all available games.
    В коллекции игр для коробки есть практически все, что выходило. Много даже не запускал. Все доступные Halo, GoW, Lego пройдены вместе с сыном. Ведьмак, Кризис (все части), Масс эффект, X-COM, Deus Ex и прочее даже не запускались ни разу. Если и бере в руки джойстик играю с октября в Dectiny. При всех ее недостатках, главный из которых это малое количество контента, заменить ее чем-то не хочется.
  28. Jan 25, 2015
    Everything you've heard? Completely true. This game in its current state is just garbage, full of lost potential and corporate greed **** But please hear me! Don't blame Bungie, blame Activision who obviously pulled a bait and switch on Bungie's Contract. I bet having any Halo Memoribilia in the Activision HQ results in immediate termination.
  29. Jan 25, 2015
    Do not buy this game it is a waste of your money. Buy it if you want a hour of fun then bland repetitive gameplay the side quests aren't even side quest the open worlds don't feel open the multiple oh don't get me started if you have a weapon that is under 200 damage you will be killed over and over by level 25 or 30 player who have one shot kill weapons and the story is broken and boringDo not buy this game it is a waste of your money. Buy it if you want a hour of fun then bland repetitive gameplay the side quests aren't even side quest the open worlds don't feel open the multiple oh don't get me started if you have a weapon that is under 200 damage you will be killed over and over by level 25 or 30 player who have one shot kill weapons and the story is broken and boring the reward for beating the story is a crappy rife that you will replace and a cutscene all of this game is bad i was extremely hyped for this i preordered it from gamestop for 90 dollars NINETY they said will give you this code to get a sparrow enter it by tuesday and they give me the code on WENDSDAY i spent nearly 100 dollars on a crappy game with crappy extra content that I didn't even get to use the gameplay mechanics are repetitive the weapon customization is extremely limited and the game is overall crap the fact that is spent so much and got so little leads me to believe this game was created by the devil I wish they let me get a refund but they don't because they want to have baths of money they just can't make enough and the fact that people even bought the expansion is baffling the whole game is a crappy broken game in the multiplay you don't need skill you need a good gun skill is just gone the game is bad bad bad do not buy this game it sucks. Expand
  30. Jan 22, 2015
    This is really a pretty terrible game. It is beautiful and the gameplay is pretty entertaining at first, but it quickly becomes super repetitive. After hours of play you start to realize that the only reason you are playing is so that you can find better gear. You will spend hours replaying the same exact missions over and over in the slim hope that you will find a sweet gun.

I finally

I finally put down the controller when I realized that I was trying to find better gear for multiplayer and realized that I didn't even like playing multiplayer. Back to COD for me, in my mind the only multiplayer FPS worth playing.
  31. Jan 18, 2015
    The game is okay its repetitive most of the time and they should fix the matchmaking so its not like people with starting equipment go against people with legendary/exotic equipment. Other than that the game could have been good but it didn't came out how it was suppose to be. The live action trailers are 10x better than the game...
  32. Jan 15, 2015
    Not a bad game, heck achieving a game like this with no bugs encountered at all to level 20 is astounding. Unfortunately all the solid specs in the many worlds of this game cannot save the fact that its boring. The gunplay is fantastic but its used to grind samey enemies in the same environments with the same zone defence objective. Destiny also feels like its missing worldbuilding on itsNot a bad game, heck achieving a game like this with no bugs encountered at all to level 20 is astounding. Unfortunately all the solid specs in the many worlds of this game cannot save the fact that its boring. The gunplay is fantastic but its used to grind samey enemies in the same environments with the same zone defence objective. Destiny also feels like its missing worldbuilding on its information and gameplay models. Reading lore off a website is not the same as reading it in-game, and I feel bungie could have implemented Halo: Reach's space combat to explore the planets instead of using a dead boring loading screen.

Not bad, but incredibly disappointing considering the hype, legacy and investment.
  33. Jan 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Straight to the point. This game was overhyped. This game is not the game we thought it would be. But is it a bad game...? Not necessarily. I've put about 30-40 hours into this game now. I've got a level 30 titan and a level 28 hunter.I can definitely say i have enough experience to make a decent review. First thing i want to cover is the campaign. Yes. It's true. THe campaign is ridiculously short. (As of Dark Below DLC Release) There's a very shallow plot. It could have been so much more. There's no backstory on why things are why they are.No description of why you're fighting who you're fighting.Very little plot info other than what characters briefly tell you in cutscenes. and to me, thats an issue. The ending was horrible too. Crappiest ending on a game I've probably ever seen.
    Also, this game does get very repetitive. Go to (place), let ghost scan (item), kill horde of (mob) while he scans. Thats basically the story over and over again. So much wasted potential. I was expecting such an immense, deep story. Like an opening into another world. But i was sadly disappointed. You are required to grind and grind over and over to get better gear, weapons, upgrade materials, etc.
    But I love the mechanics in this game. How the gear works, and weapons work, i enjoy.
    This game can be a lot of fun. Especially with friends. But it's not the game we expected or desired. Greed and overhype kind of screwed us over. Lacking content, lacking story, endless grinding. But i still find ways to enjoy it. It has it's moments. Take it as you wish. Maybe with DLC they will make it better. But thats a different story entirely.
  34. Jan 10, 2015
    Well not being as good as I expected, because MMO and FPS games are my two favorite genres, it does bring good gunplay and a fun time trying to get the best guns before your friends. There is not much content, the story is extremely lacking, and the endgame is repetitive, and the loot system would greatly be complemented by trading when trading isn't in the game, Destiny is still a greatWell not being as good as I expected, because MMO and FPS games are my two favorite genres, it does bring good gunplay and a fun time trying to get the best guns before your friends. There is not much content, the story is extremely lacking, and the endgame is repetitive, and the loot system would greatly be complemented by trading when trading isn't in the game, Destiny is still a great experience.

Regarding trading again, I am hoping beyond hope that it is implemented in the upcoming Comet DLC, which looks to add a whole base game's worth of content. And regarding DLC, yes, the story was butchered up into DLC for you to buy later.

The multiplayer is a fun experience, but if you're a low level you will probably get destroyed. It also suffers because it doesn't have enough different game modes for it to stay fresh and enjoyable. Also shotguns and fusion rifles are overpowered because Destiny's maps are very compact and also aren't big enough to complement guns like sniper rifles, pulse rifles, and scout rifles.

The end game content is not enough to satisfy me. Also, the weekly reset is an extremely broken mechanic. If you have more than 6 friends who have the game, you might have to do a difficult raid or strike and get nothing in return, because you can only do the Weekly Heroic, Weekly Nightfall, and 2 raids (as of now) once a week each. If you could get decreased loot instead of none at all it would greatly increase this mechanic.

All in all, Destiny is a heap of wasted potential. It could have been an amazing game, but bad story telling combined with repetitive gameplay and greedy developers, Destiny isn't going to make many Top Ten Games of 2014 Lists.

Also for anyone wondering or hardcore fanboys who think I'm a Destiny Noob, I am a level 31 in Destiny, one level away from the current level cap.
  35. Jan 4, 2015
    I've found this game boring. Boring PvP, boring endless PvE, gathering loot is extreme pain. No story.. ..NO STORY AT ALL. I've played WoW for few years with no problems with grinding, but here, it just hurts. But nice graphics, considering it's a X360 version.
  36. Dec 25, 2014
    Singleplayer:
    Singleplayer:
    There are several challenging levels and it gives you lots of items as rewards to keep you motivated. However, the combat can be a little bit repetitive as you typically encounter hundreds of the same kind of enemy in each level. Also, if you are looking for an interesting story, this is not necessarily the game for you. The only character that you actually get to know is your ghost or the little robot that flies around with you and gives you advice. He isn't very interesting at all. He just kind of tells you the mission and leaves. All the other characters are so forgettable that you forget they exist a minute after you encounter them. And to get info on the games background lore, you have to unlock Grimoire cards. Which you have to go to the bungie website to look at.

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer in particular is a lot of fun, as you can use different kinds of weapons to your own tactical advantage. The problem with the multiplayer however is that the items are rewarded randomly. It is unlikely that you will get an item. And if you do get an item it might not even be superior to the items you already have.
  37. Dec 24, 2014
    This has garnered a lot of hate recently for the game's inoperability for offline play. While that is a draw back, it isn't a deal breaker for anyone who lives in the 21st century. This game by any other developer would have been a huge hit, but since everyone hyped it up to be a halo killer, it fell short.
    Well duh, it's not going to be halo and it's not going to have nearly the depth as a game partillay funded by the creator of the system it's on. The game offers a huge replay value for different character creation and actually makes you work to get the higher level gear. It remains challenging throughout so it's never boring to go back to the first levels. The level system past 20 is unique in that it's loot based and not exp based, so another aspect that was done quite well. I have put 20 hours into it now and I'm still finding new factions and new challenges each day. The ambiguous story ending leaves room for many more sequels to come, something that should be appluaded and not dreaded. People had unrealistic expectations of this game, not because Bungie went to insane lengths to push it, but because Bungie's name is on it. Don't go in thinking this is going to be another game of the century series like Halo or a milked out series like CoD and you won't be disappointed.
  38. Dec 22, 2014
    The best way to describe Destiny is a FPS with an MMO meta game. You are given a few missions to carry out in an anything-but-engaging campaign storyline. All in all, after blowing through the unfinished storyline (which you will have to buy the DLC for if you want to make any sense of it), all you are left with is grinding the same bosses over and over, or the crucible which is PvP.The best way to describe Destiny is a FPS with an MMO meta game. You are given a few missions to carry out in an anything-but-engaging campaign storyline. All in all, after blowing through the unfinished storyline (which you will have to buy the DLC for if you want to make any sense of it), all you are left with is grinding the same bosses over and over, or the crucible which is PvP.

The only time this game shines is in it's PvP, which is highly reminiscent of Halo. Instead of leveling up and picking classes and gear setup in the menus between matches like you would in Call of Duty, you are given an MMO feel to gear: Loot is randomly dropped. The guy who was afk half of the match is just as likely to get something useful as you are. Ultimately the classes you pick from (Titan, Hunter, and Warlock) pretty much play the same, except for their "special" attacks that you rarely can use. (Hunter doesn't get a jetpack either, but other than that my point stands.)

With the exception of insanely difficult 6-man raids (which don't have matchmaking, so good luck getting 5 other people together), there isn't a single thing Destiny offers that Borderlands hasn't already done, and done better:

4 player co-op? Enjoy Destiny's loading screens in-between every mission, which are by no means short. Or you could play Borderlands, which has a persistent world which only requires loading when you change areas.

Like lots of loot? Destiny only offers a fraction of the possible weapons and armor that Borderlands does.

Storyline? While the Borderlands dialogue is often silly, at least it exists. Destiny's storyline is basically non-existent, giving you no feeling of any emotion towards achieving your goals other than confusion and depression.

Hype? This is the only category that Destiny beats Borderlands in. It's a shame the game was gutted and chopped into DLC pieces to drain your wallet further just to enjoy ONE campaign. I mean, even Call of Duty, which is practically the same game every year with different multiplayer maps, offers a competent campaign with plenty of Hollywood-esque action moments. With Destiny trying to be an MMO-FPS hybrid, you'd think you could at least get one full campaign, but you don't.

If you enjoy playing a competitive shooter that feels like Halo, Destiny is fun. Just make sure you have at a minimum some purple/legendary weapons and equipment, or all the people who already have orange/exotics will kill you within 2 seconds 99% of the time.

Or just buy Borderlands: The Pre Sequel. It's Borderlands worst entry, in my opinion, and still stands firmly above Destiny in terms of content, value, and fun.
  39. Dec 13, 2014
    This game is way too over hyped, the mission are short, levelling up is way too easy, yes the gun play and A.I. is pretty good but that doesn't fully compensate for a disappointing 'freemium' game.
  40. Dec 11, 2014
    People either love or hate Destiny but one thing is clear, they cant stop playing it.

In the process of trying to merge multiple genres into a single game (a huge stretch) Bungie also made an important philosophical change to game storytelling. Destiny doesn't hold your hand and lead you step by step through the narrative. Just like real life, you aren't always sure what to do or how to do it. You are given a job to do with very little explanation as to why and are expected (again just like real life) to do it over and over. Even more like real life, the best parts (raids) are reserved for those willing to work harder than the rest and earn the gear needed to get in.

Destiny isn't about being told a story, it is about telling yourself a story. Those with some imagination, patience, social skills (to make friends) and a good deal of FPS gaming skill have found plenty to keep them busy hours longer than the typical title already. With a decade of content planned I'm sure they will be making new stories for a long time to come.
  41. Dec 6, 2014
    Please don't buy this unless you know exactly what you are getting into. This game is basically unplayable from a single-player perspective as Bungie has done absolutely nothing to allow you to interact with other players or setup groups to do any of the supposedly 'decent' content. If you don't already have several players playing on one console, then there's very little for you to do inPlease don't buy this unless you know exactly what you are getting into. This game is basically unplayable from a single-player perspective as Bungie has done absolutely nothing to allow you to interact with other players or setup groups to do any of the supposedly 'decent' content. If you don't already have several players playing on one console, then there's very little for you to do in the game other than pvp and incessant grinding. And you should know, the game is extremely repetitive. You will see all of the content in the first 5-10 hours, and then be asked to replay it all for the next few hundred. There is almost nothing about this game that makes me want to recommend it to anyone, and Bungie has gone out of their way to let the player base know that they don't really care about their concerns. Bungie is set on doing this game 'their way', which no one seems to want except for them. Please stay away, this game is not worth your time and frustration. Expand
  42. Dec 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I have played in a long time. Sure it isn't what the FPS/MMO blend we all wanted but as far as it goes I'd say its the closest we have had to it yet. The graphics are amazing, locations look good, armour types and weapons look good, controls feel good, loads of AI types. When I first got this game I bought the season pass now some might say its too expensiveThis is one of the best games I have played in a long time. Sure it isn't what the FPS/MMO blend we all wanted but as far as it goes I'd say its the closest we have had to it yet. The graphics are amazing, locations look good, armour types and weapons look good, controls feel good, loads of AI types. When I first got this game I bought the season pass now some might say its too expensive but I knew Destiny would be a game that was built on over time so I see it as a worthy investment. The raids, strikes, story missons and Crucible are more than enough to keep you occupied. Those moaning about the lack of story etc this was clearly a game that wasn't going to have a story that finished on the disc right away. Dialogue at the end pretty much screams you in the face that the story hasn't ended there. Those complaining about it are no doubt those too stingy enough to pay for DLC and expect everything handed to them right away. I have a feeling Bungie will add new locations and hopefully new planets to explore also. Its all about patience. The grind can be a bit much at times but once you get to where you want or get the item that you are after the grind pays off. Its all about patience and earning. I think the current fan base are those who know what destiny is about and what it can become and those who decide to stay on the game will see that. Anyone else can go play CoD or whatever garbage it is they enjoy. 10/10 and well worth a buy. Expand
  43. Nov 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eh Well I didn't hate it That's a plus, I guess
    Ok lets start off with the story sucked
    I't was boring, pointless and generally stupid
    If you like grinding it was great but if you expected more, nope
    To be clear I LOVE GRINDING but this grinding was stupid I keep on crashing.
    But online was spot on (besides crashing) and gameplay is rock solid.
    I just felt Unfilled when I finised it.
    and many people who past level 20 just thinks "now what" so my final score is a 5 out of 10 that 5 is just the gameplay and online
  44. Nov 29, 2014
    The most overrated, **** and plain out worst game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  45. Nov 23, 2014
    I love destiny. The big thing that I see a great number of people say is that there's no story to it or there's no content. Keep in mind that the game just came out and its the first of its kind. We have to wait and see what they do with it. After all when we first saw trailers for Destiny Bungie said it was a story ten years in the making. This means that they plan to change and evolve itI love destiny. The big thing that I see a great number of people say is that there's no story to it or there's no content. Keep in mind that the game just came out and its the first of its kind. We have to wait and see what they do with it. After all when we first saw trailers for Destiny Bungie said it was a story ten years in the making. This means that they plan to change and evolve it as time passes. All we have to do is wait and be patient and not expect it to have EVERYTHING. We just have to wait. I personally don't want them to rush and bring out crappy content. I want to be blown away with new content. Everyone who says the main story is boring well that is fine, the biggest thing about the story is the story. Maybe it is because of all the reading I have done or because I was raised on Star Trek, but I love the story and discovering the golden space fairing age of humanity. Expand
  46. Nov 22, 2014
    To say I do not like the game would be wrong. I do like the game however you are basically forced into replaying the game over and over. This is something I am not a fan of, it is rare I will replay a game. I have put a total of 5 days game play in and like many others I found the game far too repetitive. The multi player crucible falls very short of what you would expect with many gamesTo say I do not like the game would be wrong. I do like the game however you are basically forced into replaying the game over and over. This is something I am not a fan of, it is rare I will replay a game. I have put a total of 5 days game play in and like many others I found the game far too repetitive. The multi player crucible falls very short of what you would expect with many games being laggy and when you are not lagging yourself you can tell the other players are suffering from lag.

The game in short was released incomplete and it shows after completing the campaign. The more you play the more the holes show. Not enough content, broken loot system, no in game comms, no looking for group in game. I would recommend giving it a miss if you are undecided. I can not see the 10 year plan for the game working as the start is just not good enough a AAA title it is not.
  47. Nov 20, 2014
    I was very excited about this game before it came out. I bought it the first week of launch. Played it for about a week and.... I was done. I had a blast playing it while I was still unlocking new missions and strikes but you quickly hit a point where you stop unlocking new things to do. All you can do is replay the same missions over and over again just on a more difficult setting. TheI was very excited about this game before it came out. I bought it the first week of launch. Played it for about a week and.... I was done. I had a blast playing it while I was still unlocking new missions and strikes but you quickly hit a point where you stop unlocking new things to do. All you can do is replay the same missions over and over again just on a more difficult setting. The "bosses" that you encounter at the end of the strikes are just bullet magnets, it doesn't actually take any thought to take them down, all you do is shoot at them for an hour and run away every time they look at you. Boring. Fun! The first time you play it! But then... Boring.
    The campaign missions are also boring, they all tend to be anti-climatic and you don't really feel like you're doing anything that makes a difference, especially after you platy that campaign mission three times or more.
    This would all be fine if the weapons and multiplayer weren't disappointing. The weapons never really change until you start to unlock legendary weapons, but the game couldn't hold my attention long enough for me to get there. At the lower levels you unlock new weapons constantly but you pick it up and it looks and feels EXACTLY like the one you just had it just has two extra damage points. Disappointing.
    And the multiplayer! UGH! They spent all this time creating a "vast world that you'll want to revist" but all the multiplayer maps are tiny little arenas where you just run in circles and spray bullets. No tactics, no brains needed. Boring. Why don't they put players in the bigger maps and let them have at each other rather than cram them into tiny little rooms with obvious kill funnels. Just stupid.
    I'm just so disappointed with this game overall. Bungie said it was going to be a vast open world to explore, but once to get there you realize it's just a big empty space with a pretty background and very little actually happening. Games like Far Cry, Skyrim and GTA V are SO much better for a good story and an interesting world to explore. Multiplayer games like the Battlefield series do a much better job for a enjoyable multiplayer where you actually have to use your brain to do well.
    One star because although I did enjoy playing the game in the beginning, I feel cheated in the overall lack of content. Bungie really dropped the ball here, they hyped the game up well, made promises of a game you'll want to revisit time and time again, they created a setting with endless potential and then they fell flat on their faces. I'm not surprised the game has already gone down $10 in price.
  48. Nov 20, 2014
    this game sucks! the download for content is stupid! if i wanted to wait 20 minutes to play x-box i'd do something else! give me my money back you scam artist software developers! I will never buy a bungie game again!!!!!!
  49. Nov 17, 2014
    Destiny is a good game, I recommend that if you want this game you buy it when the price lowers. (Not worth $60) . Destiny tried doing something new for the next gen consoles but, I honestly think they could have done better. Yes, they are adding DLC to add to the game ($30). Also they RIP OFF XBOX GAMERS. PlayStation 3 and PS4 are able to purchase the DLC a WHOLE YEAR earlier than xbox.Destiny is a good game, I recommend that if you want this game you buy it when the price lowers. (Not worth $60) . Destiny tried doing something new for the next gen consoles but, I honestly think they could have done better. Yes, they are adding DLC to add to the game ($30). Also they RIP OFF XBOX GAMERS. PlayStation 3 and PS4 are able to purchase the DLC a WHOLE YEAR earlier than xbox. IF you buy this game buy it for the playstation 3 or playsation 4. or be happy with one less raid and missing content on the xbox 360 and Xbox one. Expand
  50. Nov 9, 2014
    No doubt this is a solid shooter with good mechanics behind it that with more development could become amazing. However, the woefully undeveloped story, the amateurish and repetitive level design and the bog standard multiplayer hold this game back from being good. The only real reason to buy this game is if all your friends are playing it, otherwise it's just an alright shooter, that (onNo doubt this is a solid shooter with good mechanics behind it that with more development could become amazing. However, the woefully undeveloped story, the amateurish and repetitive level design and the bog standard multiplayer hold this game back from being good. The only real reason to buy this game is if all your friends are playing it, otherwise it's just an alright shooter, that (on your own) you'll get bored of quickly. Expand
  51. Nov 8, 2014
    I give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you willI give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you will find yourself out-matched by higher level players which truly have a huge advantage. Their are guns that are simple over powered and they are starting weapons which leaves players with the response "if you can't beat them join them".
    The diversity in the weapons is great but again, it leaves the lower levels at a big disadvantage not being able to wield the high level weapons. If that is not enough for you, the perks; higher level players have, can leave low levels at the player mercy. Their is no skill base ranking system that you would expect from a Bungie game, which after 343's attempt at Halo 4, you would almost certainly expect their to be one.

Again not a bad game but not the legacy game we all anticipated!
  52. Nov 3, 2014
    Destiny is overall a great game. However, it does not match up to bungie's original halo series. Destiny will probably keep you pulled in for some time, and you'll probably adore everything from the graphics to the enemy aliens. However, public chat is disabled, and there is no matchmaking for weekly activities (not really a spoiler). Exotics are extremely rare, but overall the game isDestiny is overall a great game. However, it does not match up to bungie's original halo series. Destiny will probably keep you pulled in for some time, and you'll probably adore everything from the graphics to the enemy aliens. However, public chat is disabled, and there is no matchmaking for weekly activities (not really a spoiler). Exotics are extremely rare, but overall the game is easy to complete, which some will like, and some won't. Many bugs and glitches are included, such as new dlc areas to explore before they even come out, so DLCs are rip offs (sorta). Overall, multiplayer is excellent, gameplay is great, and social communication is good. Destiny is great for those fps halo fans out there. Expand
  53. Nov 1, 2014
    Its a fun game to play, when those infuriating disconnections allow you to play that is. It takes all but 10 minutes to get disconnected and receive a worthless error code like "caterpillar" or "hawk" that has no solution. With PS3 and PS4 being the obvious favorites for the upcoming DLC, as far as I'm concerned, this game was an absolute waste of money.
  54. Oct 30, 2014
    Great game but very many things wrong. Only 8 hours of game play and not very much to do after that. Character customization is pretty bad especially in-game. Every mission is pretty much the same too. All mission are essentially A to B with a horde mode somewhere in between. only things different are the few strike missions, raid, and PvP. The loot system is VERY bad also. First placeGreat game but very many things wrong. Only 8 hours of game play and not very much to do after that. Character customization is pretty bad especially in-game. Every mission is pretty much the same too. All mission are essentially A to B with a horde mode somewhere in between. only things different are the few strike missions, raid, and PvP. The loot system is VERY bad also. First place often doesn't get much and then last place usually gets all the good loot even if they did almost absolutely nothing. Then my LEAST favorite thing about this game is the AI. Pretty much everything in this game is a sniper. 90% of bullets fired at you by AI will hit and not to mention 75% of your health is literally worthless. Most of the time you take a blast that brings your health into that 25% mark, and then you can take 4 or 5 more shots that are exactly the same and not take as much damage. In boss fights also, most of their attacks are explosive, forcing you into somewhere where the blast wont hit you which is quite difficult when the splash from explosives hit about 20 feet away. This makes most of the gameplay just sitting behind a wall waiting for your health to regen, going out of cover, shooting the boss a few times, take loads of damage, find cover, (if you dont die by then) and repeat. Most boss fights are like that and force you to take cover, not to mention that if you find cover and have low health, the boss doesnt stop firing, it keeps trying to shoot around the corner to kill you and it usually works. The boss fights wouldnt be a heartwrenching chore if they fixed the AIs aim bot . Overall, everything else is pretty solid in terms of the actual action, just very very very repetitive Expand
  55. Oct 28, 2014
    Destiny is a great game and an awesome FPS, however what irritates me about it and the creators of the game is when they announce that they will be patching certain aspects of the game but they can never fix the issues of their servers. I've at least 20 times a day I think this issue is much more important than patching a simple glitch in the game, but that's just my opinion. I wouldDestiny is a great game and an awesome FPS, however what irritates me about it and the creators of the game is when they announce that they will be patching certain aspects of the game but they can never fix the issues of their servers. I've at least 20 times a day I think this issue is much more important than patching a simple glitch in the game, but that's just my opinion. I would really enjoy the game more if I wasn't getting kicked every 5 minutes. Expand
  56. Oct 25, 2014
    I'm not sure where the fanfare for this game comes from, they could have just been more honest and titled it "Call of Destiny: Space Ops". There is NO content to the game, none, storyline is sparse and the little bit that is there is completely uninspired. There are five strikes, of which, depending on the day of the week you'll only be getting one, over and over from the weekly heroic andI'm not sure where the fanfare for this game comes from, they could have just been more honest and titled it "Call of Destiny: Space Ops". There is NO content to the game, none, storyline is sparse and the little bit that is there is completely uninspired. There are five strikes, of which, depending on the day of the week you'll only be getting one, over and over from the weekly heroic and strike playlists. Gear drops are terrible, I mean terrible, and the grind to get gear is almost as bad as vanilla wow's pvp ranking and armor system in terms of grinding. You want to buy some purple gear? Enjoy 2-3 weeks of grinding the ish out of quests ("bounties") and running strike playlists, or live in the Crucible, which is their "arena" if you will, until you have enough rank to open the option to buy gear... THEN you have grind further to get coins from the aforementioned methods to buy said gear. After that, maybe you'll meet up with Xir and get some legendaries, at which point if you haven't come to hate the gear upgrade system already you''ll really start to for sure.

It's a garbage game, which the pacing of a j-rpg title from more than 20 years ago. You should avoid it at all costs.
  57. Oct 22, 2014
    Should have been branded and priced as pure multiplayer. The gameplay itself is fine. Not original or impressive, but not at all bad. As a single player play-through it's terrible. The intro promises a plot, and an impressive one. What you get though is nothing of the sort, horrible loading screens with inane voice overs is all it ever really does to suggest theres some purpose to yourShould have been branded and priced as pure multiplayer. The gameplay itself is fine. Not original or impressive, but not at all bad. As a single player play-through it's terrible. The intro promises a plot, and an impressive one. What you get though is nothing of the sort, horrible loading screens with inane voice overs is all it ever really does to suggest theres some purpose to your next 'mission'. Almost every mission just re-hashes the same 4 arenas, and the missions themselves never vary from 'get to point x and kill the big thing' or 'get to point-of-interest and survive for a while'
    I had to google the ending when I ran out of missions just to work out I'd completed it.
    If you only want multiplayer, I imagine it's great.
  58. Oct 20, 2014
    I can't see why people hate Destiny so much, I guess since I don't follow gaming news as much recently I wasn't too hyped up about the game pre-launch. I played the beta since it looked like a halo rpg and I liked it: The story missions were fun (for me) and the PVP was great! I got the game within a week of launch and played the story first (as with most games I play). I feel like theI can't see why people hate Destiny so much, I guess since I don't follow gaming news as much recently I wasn't too hyped up about the game pre-launch. I played the beta since it looked like a halo rpg and I liked it: The story missions were fun (for me) and the PVP was great! I got the game within a week of launch and played the story first (as with most games I play). I feel like the story is the weakest aspect of Destiny, the missions are fun with a fairly good pace until the end which turns into a slightly more wave based system (kill all enemies, more come, repeat). The actual story flew past me, it made little sense for the most part and by the end of the last mission I had no idea why I was shooting the aliens, but playing through the missions was quite enjoyable and the rate of levelling worked very well. I also liked the drop system, it wasn't as frequent as some games and at first the range of guns seemed very limited but after an hour or two there were much more variants of the same guns which had nice changes. The uncommon and upward items (green and blue mainly) were probably the best feature of the single player. They allow for upgrades as they gain xp (such as different scopes for weapons of faster reloads with a weapon type for some armour) which work very well, allowing a gun to be adapted for shorter or longer range etc. The only issue I had was the fact that finding an encrypted item meant traveling back to the main hub which meant became tedious after a while, After the story and experimenting around with the loot, I played the strike missions which I found to be better than the campaign missions. A group of guardians play through a co-op mission with a similar structure as the single player ones, but with a much tougher boss at the end which requires much more firepower to take down and much more tactics. The main feature I found the be helpful was the ability to revive others especially when against the boss. The loot at the end is good too, as is the loot throughout. The feature I prefer most is the PvP. No matter your armour or gun rating, they all balance out for all players. This makes matches much more skill based as opposed to a game where the best gun wins (single player weapons and armour are used in PVP). The maps are good, with both a mix of long range sniping points and close quarter combat. The ammo drop system is also really well done. Special ammo is not as readily available as standard ammo, and the ammo used in LMG's and RPG's are very scarce, making games much more balanced.
    The story might be a bit naff, but the missions are fun to play through and the variety of content outside of the story more than makes up for the poor story telling.
  59. Oct 19, 2014
    No good history, repetitive game-play , boring pvp where you can get one shot by a lot of weapons and abilities and small content as a MMO, i give it a 2 because the environment is beautifully designed.
  60. Oct 12, 2014
    Others have said it best. It has strong foundation, but needs more substance. The gunplay is great, well done, keep up the good work, now just fix the story, bugs and events.
  61. Oct 12, 2014
    I was really excited for this game, and thoroughly enjoyed it up until I finished the storyline. Then, it fell apart into a tedious grind. Today something amazing happened, for the first time since launch, I realized I'd rather sleep than get up early to play the game for a bit. That is the death knell of any game for me.

Fundamentally, it is there, but the execution is poor. There's a

Fundamentally, it is there, but the execution is poor. There's a wealth of story, but you can only access it via bungie's website or the app, why can't we experience it in game? I think this is a good example of a good game ruined by corporate management and incompetence. It seems as though the game developers are running in multiple directions without solid leadership.

Bugs are aplenty - nothing is more infuriating than when my auto rifle just stops firing during pvp, despite the fact that I'm still holding down the "aim" and "fire" buttons.

There's too many ways to "cheat" with each raid boss, which makes it clear that there was insufficient play testing and that the game was rushed out before it was ready.

Finally, the tedious, gated grind to earn ascendant materials just to upgrade armor is asinine. If you're going to control the pace at which players can level, at least make it interesting. Not repeat the same tired missions over and over ad nausea. The bounty missions and strikes should have generic dialogue to at least disguise the fact that you're repeating a mission you've already done.

To quote the most annoying PVP announcer ever: "Get it together Bungie! You're light is stronger than this! I think you may have underestimated the task!"
  62. Oct 11, 2014
    Amazing graphics and the competitive multiplayer is really enjoyable. As a huge fan of the Halo series I really enjoy how it still feels like a Bungie game, but the story is unfinished and a little unexciting due to the repetitive missions. The games constant grinding is also boring and most of the time all that grinding isn't even worth it or it's unfair. I say unfair because about 60% orAmazing graphics and the competitive multiplayer is really enjoyable. As a huge fan of the Halo series I really enjoy how it still feels like a Bungie game, but the story is unfinished and a little unexciting due to the repetitive missions. The games constant grinding is also boring and most of the time all that grinding isn't even worth it or it's unfair. I say unfair because about 60% or 70% of the time you might do better then all or at least half the people your playing with and the person that did nothing the whole game gets a rare or legendary item. I also don't like how they open up all these doors to the DLC but not the story. Bungie hints at a great war and how you were brought back to life, but apparently none of that matters enough to be explained. Bungie I'm not mad just disappointed and I still think all in all its a fun game its just a little too repetitive and I get tired of it easily.

P.s: If you like games where you grind a lot or just play for the multiplayer then this game is a probably a 10/10 for you. And a trade system is needed.
  63. Oct 10, 2014
    I waited a month to buy this game and played it over a week before rating. It's a highly fun game and there is still more for me to look forward to. I think a great deal of people giving the game a poor rating bought into the hype surrounding this game. I bet they are still playing it though.
  64. Oct 9, 2014
    What the hell is wrong with people? This game is awesome, It is an amazing RPG FPS and I cannot see why people are hating on it. Maybe in the future when dlc comes out people might stop hating Destiny.
  65. Oct 5, 2014
    I played the beta and I had a lot of fun, but when it came out I played it straight away and was amazed of how well done they did although there were some downsides: 1. A bit short the story and not the best ending ive ever seen but still a good story and back story. 2. The weapons and gun play, they should have maybe balanced the weapons out a bit more. 3. The AI was a bit dodgy. ButI played the beta and I had a lot of fun, but when it came out I played it straight away and was amazed of how well done they did although there were some downsides: 1. A bit short the story and not the best ending ive ever seen but still a good story and back story. 2. The weapons and gun play, they should have maybe balanced the weapons out a bit more. 3. The AI was a bit dodgy. But aside from that this game is amazing to play with 1 or 2 friends and team up in the PVP arena, strikes, story, bounties, etc. The graphics are pretty good but better on next gen, there are 3 really powerful guardian classes to choose from and its just a really fun and exciting game. 9/10 Expand
  66. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun. Im don't play a ton of fps but I am a fan of boarderlands, mass effect series, and bio shock. This game is a bit of a child of all these great games. It may try to be to many things to to many people but for me a person who didn't come in with to many expectation ive had a lot of fun playing. Theres just enough upgrades to keep you invested and the difficultyThis game is a lot of fun. Im don't play a ton of fps but I am a fan of boarderlands, mass effect series, and bio shock. This game is a bit of a child of all these great games. It may try to be to many things to to many people but for me a person who didn't come in with to many expectation ive had a lot of fun playing. Theres just enough upgrades to keep you invested and the difficulty of the game is good, some missions are very intense and it really sucks you in to try and stay alive. overall a nine for me could be a bit longer in original story but I did love every second of the story while it lasted and the game is still getting updates. good fun Expand
  67. Oct 3, 2014
    About me: I play FPS, MMO's, RPG's, and RTS

About me: I play FPS, MMO's, RPG's, and RTS

I was very disappointed. The loot system is horrible ( there is so much RNG and anything not related to RNG has massive rep and high currency cost which in and of it-self is limited weekly, boss's dont drop loot ), the story is short and unimaginative( not going to go into in so as not to spoil but just know it feels like someone's first year in a high school creative writing class made it ), communication with party members is harder then it needs to be ( this is suppose to be a MMO it should not take a arm and a leg to group and there should be open communication , ya know that thing that makes MMO's possible ), its no where near as Open as it claims to be ( the same area's are used over and over and over again, along with the same missions ) and finally PVP is the worst I have seen in a long time ( at "max" level you can unload in someone and they can stare at you hard and kill you because there have wayyyyy better weapons ) all in all this game was very disappointing and I dont see myself playing it anymore.
  68. Sep 29, 2014
    Just going to get right into it here. Pros and Cons, that simple. And yes, I've played all three classes, every mission, every gametype, with probably 50+ hrs of gameplay.

Pros -Excellent gunplay and movement mechanics. Feels very fluid. -Beautiful display, gameworld, and scenery. -Excellent PvP capabilities, although I feel it could use more additions. -The armor and weapon upgrade

Pros
    -Excellent gunplay and movement mechanics. Feels very fluid.
    -Beautiful display, gameworld, and scenery.
    -Excellent PvP capabilities, although I feel it could use more additions.
    -The armor and weapon upgrade system is well thought. It feels like you're getting somewhere with that gun. (though that's about all the progression you get)
    -All of the audio and it's immersion works great, and it's there when it should be.

Cons
    -Feels like a 20% effort was put into the story.
    -Balancing issues for EVERYTHING; Particular class abilities that are OP, or ones that are UP, the horrendous RNG and loot drop system, and weapon rebalance issues.
    -Almost everything begins to feel like a grind, and not even just past lvl. 20. You don't feel like you're progressing with anything.
    -The mission variety is laughable. Really? Sit and defend against 3 waves while your ghost does his work is a drag.
    -No in-game chat, but I was never a fan of that anyway.
  69. Sep 28, 2014
    Addictive! Is not a perfect game, but in time, it will be. This is not a final game, and will evolve in the years coming and there are not many games i can say that about. It's kinda repetitive in some ways, but just like an mmorpg is. I remember the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors saga, always the same, again and again, but, can't stop playing it, well, Destiny has way more fun and variety andAddictive! Is not a perfect game, but in time, it will be. This is not a final game, and will evolve in the years coming and there are not many games i can say that about. It's kinda repetitive in some ways, but just like an mmorpg is. I remember the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors saga, always the same, again and again, but, can't stop playing it, well, Destiny has way more fun and variety and can't wait to finish this review to keep playing. This is not a tipical MMORPG, this is not a tipical FPS, so don't bury it just because you don't understand it or just because it is not the game you usually play. I can see in Destiny a mix of Borderlands, Mass Effect, Halo, and a bit of MMO. Expand
  70. Sep 27, 2014
    This game is good on a multiplayer aspect but the luster goes away quickly...

You see for me most of my friends have moved on to phone games in which i have traversed once with them and then came back to consoles after being dissatisfied with quality and the microtransactions to enjoy the game. So yeah phone games are out to take your money and console games are the real deal???
    This game is good on a multiplayer aspect but the luster goes away quickly...

with this game i'm not sure anymore.

I will say the mechanics of this game are tight however I feel like this game is unfinished. I really feel sorry for Peter Dinklage. People shouldn't rag on the guy, he was just getting paid to do a video game voice like many stars these days and the game has nothing to do with him as an actor.

I guess if you like borderlands and halo then you would like this game. For me however I only liked borderlands when friends played with me otherwise it was boring and repetitive grinding..

This game is an amateur MMO. It really couldve been a great game if they would've taken more time to finish it. I love some of the classes and how they work but once again I feel like they rushed to meet a deadline. On the xbox 360 there seems to be too many disconnect issues.

Also I will not spoil anything but in a way its got that "dragon age" effect where they really push the DLC on you and to me feels the way a phone game feels to enjoy a game fully.

I feel if they would've focused on true gameplay vs money grabbing the compulsive buyers then we would've seen a better user review here.

I really wanted to like this game but for 60 dollars I will say I was glad to have played a friends copy instead of buying.

Honestly with how they are working the DLC I will say wait till this game goes down to 20 bucks then maybe give it a chance or wait till they come out with the game and all DLC for a fair price because right now they are just wanting your money.

I was really looking forward to Bungie going further than the halo universe but then again if you team them up with activision what else could you expect? I'd say the merger to make this game is an amateur copycat of how EA makes their games...

Really disappointed....
  71. Sep 27, 2014
    This game takes everything you love about an rpg/mmorpg and ruins it. You're forced to do things you may absolutely not want to do in order to attain better weapons/armor. The game is frustrating with the complete lack of customer service and constant disconnections giving no explanation only the name of an animal. The story of the game is worse than lacking, and aside from the very shortThis game takes everything you love about an rpg/mmorpg and ruins it. You're forced to do things you may absolutely not want to do in order to attain better weapons/armor. The game is frustrating with the complete lack of customer service and constant disconnections giving no explanation only the name of an animal. The story of the game is worse than lacking, and aside from the very short storyline which is beatable in hours and boring as all hell, all there is to do after is grinding tedious bounties or strikes. So if you are into playing the same mission over and over and over and over this may be the game for you. Destiny is just a genuinely terrible game. I've owned this game for two weeks now and I am literally about to try and return it. It is NOT worth $60. Expand
  72. Sep 26, 2014
    For a $500 mil game there is horrifyingly little content on offer. The main story quest I completed over two days, if you just went for it you could complete it in a day. The much heralded co-op aspect is useless, no way to interact with fellow players other than to point or dance at them. Once you've hit the level cap and completed the story all there is to do is the same repetitiveFor a $500 mil game there is horrifyingly little content on offer. The main story quest I completed over two days, if you just went for it you could complete it in a day. The much heralded co-op aspect is useless, no way to interact with fellow players other than to point or dance at them. Once you've hit the level cap and completed the story all there is to do is the same repetitive strike missions to grind out equipment upgrades. Graphics are nice, weapons and gear nice, some of the boss battles are cool but you've seen it all before, I think they spent their budget on marketing not content. My game's on ebay as we speak. Expand
  73. Sep 23, 2014
    SAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their ownSAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their own and MS save them) and make creative games and not Halo... so what did they do they made Destiny a halo clone... A very repetitive Halo clone... This game is not worth $60 you are 2 games away from bankruptcy and I for one can't wait to see it happen... You had a great thing at Microsoft and you blew it for greed... You said it was to be creative... Is destiny creative? No freaking way... Expand
  74. Sep 22, 2014
    If I hadn't played this game to level 20 on my guardian I would have gave a sub 5 review as well, I'm glad I kept playing even tho I was pissed about no proximity chat (lonely) and no on console clan function at all (it's not intuitive going to an app first).

Well guess what...who cares about my earlier complaints, this game is hands down the most addicting thing since black coffee and cigarettes!

I played my first clan strike, found my first legendary weapon all after reaching level 20...anybody that didn't stick it out will be missing out for sure!

Think of working at hitting level 20 as the tutorial...the game starts at level 20!
  75. Sep 22, 2014
    HONEST REVIEW: a shame this has to be put, but with the trolls and sycophants it has to be put.
    Ive played all versions of this game, and to sum up, i would say there are a few good things that could be great, and a few awful things that need fixing as to not ruin the whole experience. Unfortunately, with this work in progress, nothing is genuinely unique or great at the level expected of the money and names behind this from the start, very troubling.
    The good:
    Graphics are good, not excellent, but top tier, they got it right
    Weapons: May be the most right of this entire game, and as close to perfect as you get in destiny. Not only the weapons, but the tier system as you progress to get better weaponry.
    Map/Planet System: its a good breakup, once you understand the four basic evil kinds, and I actually like how they mixed multiplayer with campaign
    THE BAD:
    Chat: AS IN, AN MMO WITH NO CHAT. You can do missions for HOURS with others and theres no way to speak to them. In fact, you HAVE to do these group missions to complete planets, and they did not include chat for the dumbest reason not to. cant strategize. cant communicate. cant say good job after. and in the 'lobby', no chat. unbelievable.
    Multiplayer: It is almost completely broken and useless. they will not group by level or skill, and it translates into the most uneven mess on any mulitplayer platform. if a player is 3 levels above you, he will destroy you the entire match. if you are the one above, enjoy. I dont mind this so much, but the maps for MP are uninspired, small, lame.
    Story and Characters: When i played Wolfenstein, the story was awesome. i cared about the characters. Same with Far Cry 3. You will not care about this story, or even pay attention to it. you will not care about one character. These are sad guarantees.

The gameplay, though repetitive at times, is pretty fun. and even though i was unable to chat with any players i enjoyed playing with them, which makes me think that these missions will be a great thing after chat is fixed. This game, once finished, is a solid 7, with potential if Bungie listens to its fans as it has in the past to grow to a 9. a 7 with some games may seem like a win, but much l like Watch Dogs and other huge releases lately, it just did not live up to the hype, and no game was hyped more than this for the past 2 years, so we all deserved better. That being said, it was a 7. HOWEVER, the 2 UNFORGIVABLE mistakes, 1. Forcing players to play with each other but no chat option, and 2. the multiplayer being uneven and cruel (first time i played MP I was a 5 playing with a level 20 and a level 18), this game is no better than a 5. Anyone putting higher is basing it on potential and/or combating trolls, anyone putting much lower is either a troll or only a MP player on FPS games (they have a legitimate gripe here though, i prefer campaigns but i can understand being upset to be forced to play through campaign in the beginning just to get to multiplayer option along with the unevenness.)
  76. Sep 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Given that I only had about 5 days to play with Destiny, it was 5 days from basically sunrise, to sunset. I raised a 15 Ranger, 4 Titan, and my favorite a 20 Warlock. Whom I'd just gotten to his first 'Light Level'. And even being a mainly solo-oriented person; I found that (going in with the 'mediocre' reviews to curb my enthusiasm), I was addicted from the get-go. Fumbling around awkwardly on Hard difficulty from the very start (when I could select it of course), I quickly learned that I'm not invincible, or all-powerful.

And much to my Dismay: this period would be like most times I get choose between multiple classes. I was just feeling out what would be right for me.

After this point however, I had fallen into a routine that saw me raise my Warlock (Whom was my 3rd and final character) from LvL 1 during the tutorial, to nearly level 15 in the 3rd day. Even with doing my bounties, returning to the tower, and stopping to do every, single random even that came my way.

Now, I love a good, in-depth story as much as anyone else... But being as I'm probably one of the people who's burnt more than their fair share of time into games like WoW, this was all old-hat for me, and I picked up this and put it on like it was a second skin. If you're one of those people who have to be thrown the story right at them, this probably isn't going to be your cup of tea.

But I made frequent use of the Grimoire and payed very close attention to all the lines of dialogue throughout the story as I played through it - and it all started to connect with me. While it's not an epic, sci-fi narrative like Mass Effect. This is a wonderful Science Fantasy Romp, with an interesting story if you're willing to take the initiative to go out and find it. Just like reading the quest dialogue, and playing through each quest (In order) like in WoW.

The gameplay? What can I say that many others haven't said? The gunplay, mobility, vertical play, all of it feels really fresh and intuitive. So much so that when I was no longer able to play Destiny, all of my other games (Console and PC alike) just feel too dull and limited for my tastes. I actually shut off my Xbox, unplugged my PC, and sat around listening to music. Reliving all my moments in my short span of playing the game.

Here I was, someone who was expecting to walk into Destiny, and dislike it - as I described to a friend: "I went in expecting it to be a whole, disappointing 'Meh' of a game, and now I'm surprisingly, pleasantly addicted."

If there was a single, bad thing I had to say about the game, It's that I dislike having to be always online. Mainly due to the fact I live in the boonies and I experienced the odd disconnection towards the end of a missions, or before I had chance to comb the battlefield for my loot (Shopping, I call it).

The 'no voice' thing? I always found that people; and by 'People' I'm using a broad term, usually used to connote the 'lowest common denominator' (i.e always-on music guys, people who don't mute when they've got lots of noise in the background, fan right next to his head man, and cussing 'UR MUM' guy) are generally distasteful, and I'd rather be able to make a party, and mute those who annoy me.

But now I've gotten off topic haven't I?

Well, let's just do a little check list of my 'Pros' and 'Cons' then.

Pros:
    ______

Gunplay.
    Mobility.
    The powers.
    Music.
    Overall Sound.
    Graphics (Even for playing on a 'last gen' like the 360).
    Bounty system.
    Patrols.
    Variable difficulty per mission.
    Instanced Loot (No jackoff stealing something before bolting).
    The 'Vault' in the Tower for sharing amongst your characters.
    Replayability.
    The community.
    Ability to play, even if you're XboxLIVE Silver.

Cons:
    _______

Always online.
    The Loot RNG system.
    Difficulty can spike during missions.
    No splitscreen Co-Op.

All in all, Destiny (if you lower your expectations) can pleasantly surprise you, if you allow yourself to just disconnect from everything else, and be enveloped in the experience. It's easy to cite 'This came from that game..' or 'That came from this game', but comparing how Destiny and what game you're drawing comparison from as a whole, You'll find that it's quite difficult for those comparisons fall flat in how Destiny can smooth those features into how it plays.
  77. Sep 21, 2014
    Destiny... a great game. It's not made for everyone, specially those who hate MMO's and Halo. Talking about the story, well, it's just like another MMO, repetitive story and same enemies, but well, I love it.
  78. Sep 21, 2014
    If you look at it as just a game, you may be disappointed, because that's not what it was made to be.

Destiny, if you let it, will fully immerse you into a distant future, with Humanity on the brink of destruction. It has beautiful worlds to explore, fighting to claim what was once ours, and bringing us closer to a new golden age. While the story is not well explained through missions and cut-scenes, every fight you participate in and every discovery you make uncovers more of what has occurred while you were dead.

These pieces are called Grimoire Cards. As you unlock them and continue to build upon your knowledge of their topics, you increase your Grimoire Score, showing off how much you know about this world and giving benefits to your future endeavors. These cards contain the back-stories of everything you encounter in the game, and can be read from Bungie's website, or on their app.

The three classes you play as weren't meant so much to bring drastic differences in game-play, but to more fully represent who you want to be in this world. Each of these three classes also has two subclasses with unique skill trees, furthering your customization options to help you discover the power that has kept humanity intact for so many years.
    Working together with other classes greatly increases what your team is capable of, and is necessary for some of the hardest experiences you'll ever face, raids.

While I can't deny that there are many things that could be done better, no other game I've played has ever come close to what this game already is. And Bungie is adding new challenges and goals as those in the universe become ready for them.

This isn't a game, its your story as you become a legend.
  79. Sep 20, 2014
    Pros: Story was interesting, Control's are solid, area's are big but there's almost no reason to explore, sure you can find chests but you really just get money out of them.... you can hunt down dead ghosts and revive them for Grimoire points.

Cons: The loot system is messed up, you get engrams / Schematics of items. white gives white, green gives green or blue, blue gives green blue

Cons:

The loot system is messed up, you get engrams / Schematics of items. white gives white, green gives green or blue, blue gives green blue or purple, purple gives every thing but white? i didn't understand why i turned in a purple schematic and got a green item out of it.. that really irritated me. was only one of 2 purple item drops too..

Tons of wasted potential here,

Console MMo with out the mmo. There's people around atm but no one talks or interacts, Even in groups, This has got to be THE first time I've been on xbox live and people are not chatting and being noisy little a-holes.

Game fills like one big single player game. The lack of different guns is really annoying, You get 2 heavy options machine gun or rocket launcher, then you get sniper rifles, fusion weapons (charge to burst fire type) and shotguns, then you have scout rifles, auto rifles, hand cannons and some other one i forget atm.

they seem to have taken diablo 3's idea on leveling, as you dont get to spend skill points and have 2 trees to play with, theres a few different verations on the skills you do have but it really lacks, just like Pretty much everyone said about d3!!! you'll hit level cap and still be trying to get some abilitys.

Light levels after 20 aka 21-28 are simply earned by finding/buying gear with +1-+18 light on them, this seems like a HUGE Cop out just so folks can grind and have a huge time sink. earning the marks takes for ever and cant even be done in a full week just for some of the 120 marks required on some of the gear. there's a 100 limit per week.

I could rant even more, Luts just say its worth 25$ or less no where near 60 +tax.
  80. Sep 19, 2014
    The game has a lot of good parts, bits, pieces, but as a whole, it comes off unfinished. Like the multiplayer beta to another, more in-depth game. If it is trying to be a sweeping new epic, it fails to convey that through storytelling. If it is trying to be a vast new MMO, it fails to be that through small instance populations and tiny maps and no exploration.

All the ambition is there

All the ambition is there to become something amazing, but between a rushed and incomprehensible story and a lonely universe, the game fails to be more than a blot on my radar. After playing through the story, I still no nothing of the universe beyond what was given to me in the "Grimoire". And such universe building should hardly be an extracurricular activity for your players. Which is a shame, because even now I want this to be good. It just fails to be.
  81. Sep 19, 2014
    I'm a level 21 warlock, and I haven't been able to stop playing this game. It's MMO characteristics are weak, but compared to a standard first person shooter it's amazing. Lots of people complain about how you have to go through the same areas for different missions, but it lets you really know the terrain, instead of not knowing where to go or not really caring about what you're runningI'm a level 21 warlock, and I haven't been able to stop playing this game. It's MMO characteristics are weak, but compared to a standard first person shooter it's amazing. Lots of people complain about how you have to go through the same areas for different missions, but it lets you really know the terrain, instead of not knowing where to go or not really caring about what you're running over. All the secrets you can find are also exciting, and you can sometimes get interesting, powerful, or unique rewards. Speaking of rewards, climbing up the damage and defense ladder works flawlessly in this game. You get a few more damage points and a good "enchantment" on your new weapon, or you can get a gun that's almost the same in statistics, but is under a completely different category, (i.e. a 176 damage sniper or a 176 damage shotgun) and what you choose is decided by your personal play style. The armour isn't all that different at low levels, but when you get above level 10 or so, you can choose whether you want gauntlets that speed up auto-rifle reloads or give a damage boost to pulse-rifles. Even once you get to level 20 and beat the last mission (no spoilers here) there are still better weapons to find and stronger armor to buy, come across or win in The Crucible. Another thing I love about this game is if you're a total completionist (Best stuff, all unique items, etc.) there's always going to be something new to do, like the daily mission, the weekly strike, or The Crucible, and it's a different experience every time. The A.I. is probably the best I've ever seen in any game, and prove an actual challenge sometimes. The best part about this game is, though, that it's always different. The classes provide completely different ways to play the game, along with your own way of taking out everything that moves. You could be a disruptor, heavy, assassin, quickstrike, or sniper. You could choose to work with other players to destroy The Darkness, or unleash your inner light solo. No matter what, becoming legend won't be easy, but it sure will be a lot of fun. Expand
  82. Sep 19, 2014
    To be clear, I haven't finished the game yet. I'm about 8 or 9 hours into it. But I want to get this review out now because I think it could be helpful to others. I'm seeing a lot of things that criticize Destiny because it's story isn't very good, and because it doesn't do the things that MMOs and RPGs do well. It's true, the story sucks, and it doesn't work well at all as an MMO orTo be clear, I haven't finished the game yet. I'm about 8 or 9 hours into it. But I want to get this review out now because I think it could be helpful to others. I'm seeing a lot of things that criticize Destiny because it's story isn't very good, and because it doesn't do the things that MMOs and RPGs do well. It's true, the story sucks, and it doesn't work well at all as an MMO or an RPG. Bungie clearly took some elements from games like Mass Effect and Borderlands and tried to incorporate them here, but they didn't use those elements anywhere near as effectively as Gearbox or Bioware do. Yes, this game feels a bit like Halo, Borderlands, and Mass Effect had a baby. But it doesn't do what Borderlands does well, and it doesn't do what Mass Effect does well. It has borderlands' fetch quests, bounties, and levelling up, and Mass Effect's space travel to different planets and hub world to interact with NPCs, but Bungie can't hold a candle to Bioware at story-telling and it lacks the humor and the looting excitement of Borderlands. But, instead of grading Destiny on what it isn't, and what it doesn't do well, how about grading it on what it is, and what it does do well? Destiny, at the end of the day, is from the makers of Halo, and what Halo always had was amazing FPS action and gunplay. Destiny rules if that's what you are looking for. The game has a lot of backtracking, which gets super old, and the first few hours were pretty dull until i found guns I liked and the worlds and battles started getting more interesting. But about 4 or 5 hours in, I realized I was having a blast. At the end of the day, in a Bungie game the setting and the story are just things to give us an excuse to have badass gunfights with awesome action, and Destiny delivers what Bungie does best. And if you're like me, and you're an old school Halo fan, you've been missing that awesome Bungie combat feel. It's just crazy fun. So forget about all those other things Bungie doesn't do well, and think about the one thing Bungie does right: crazy fun action combat. For that, Destiny delivers(though it takes a few hours to really start delivering) and if you are someone craving that, then you'll love it! Expand
  83. Sep 18, 2014
    Massive grinding, lack of story atmosphere/direction/suspense/narration/explanation, needs DLC to continue storyline, pointless third person gathering place, long loading times, separate multiplayer leveling/weapons, redundant environments & repetitive optional events/missions, press button a / defend place b / kill all enemies of type c
  84. Sep 18, 2014
    A quality title who's most remarkable feature is the incredible number of experienced Marathon & halo-familiar gamers who expected bungie to make a game requiring more than running in circles and killing strangers.

Pretend you've never heard of Destiny then ask yourself if you want Bungie's new game. You'll know exactly what to expect.
  85. Sep 17, 2014
    I had reservations about buying Destiny due to the way Bungle was trying to manage the release (particularly asking for no pre-release reviews), but let my experience with 5 of their 6 Halo titles (I never played Halo Wars, the game Bungie intended Halo to be)make the decision for me. And I'm sorry about that, because the campaign and multiplayer can both easily be summed up with aI had reservations about buying Destiny due to the way Bungle was trying to manage the release (particularly asking for no pre-release reviews), but let my experience with 5 of their 6 Halo titles (I never played Halo Wars, the game Bungie intended Halo to be)make the decision for me. And I'm sorry about that, because the campaign and multiplayer can both easily be summed up with a single word.
    For the campaign that word is "boring." It's ridiculously repetitive with no depth whatsoever. Mainly you have a second rate 343 guilt spark telling you to go to [some place] and shoot [some enemy]. The 4 factions that oppose you are hardly described, but that's fine because the game fails to tell you what makes them enemies anyway.
    Sadly, the campaign is the better part of the game, because the word for multiplayer would be "poor." Not poor because it's unbalanced (which it is, horribly) but because the gameservers are bad. At first I thought it was because of the unbalanced weapons, classes and levels, but I learned differently when,after gaining better weapons and armor and several levels, I put my last shotgun round into the back of another player's head and followed with a quick melee before reloading. The reload prevented me from doing anything useful when he spun and took me out with a weak gun, right before dying himself. From my melee. My connection isn't great, but this is exactly the sort of thing gameservers should prevent. It's bad enough that one class has a huge disadvantage to the other two (and one is clearly the best for multiplayer) that some weapons are horribly overpowered for the multiplayer environment, and that even though it's clearly stated "level bonuses removed" when higher level guns and armor are still much, much higher (plus the skill tree remains fully developed), but if the only thing the gameservers are doing is preventing one single player from having an advantage over everyone else in a match (and not resolving timing issues, splash damage, etc) then Activision is wasting money.
    There's another part to the game, the daily and weekly challenges, but they're nothing more than campaign missions with greater available difficulties.
    The only positive for Destiny is that Bungie largely recycled the gameplay that was characteristic of Halo (right down to the sections filled with brutes and jackal snipers). I loved Halo 3, but can't say the same for Halo 3 out of 10.
  86. Sep 17, 2014
    I enjoy all the Halo games and other some different like Deus Ex HR, or Splinter cell blacklist, half life 2, portal, god of wars, bioshock infinite, (some of this are master piece of course)
    never I played RPG,
    In my opinion, this game very potential for long funny time (multiplayer or solitary) history weak, but like the most, its mainly depends if you are in mood for a history
    never I played RPG,
    history weak, but like the most, its mainly depends if you are in mood for a history campaign
    fully playable and a new style mix ...you know... (FPS and RPG) balanced
    More of the same say the most of commentaries, is true.. but is OK for me.
    More potential (DLCs) and learn to play over level 20.. is my challenge for you and Bungie
  87. Sep 17, 2014
    Destiny on the Xbox 360 was not the best experience, The game was made for the newer systems and because of that I had a little bit of lag during game-play and the graphics were not very good, it all just felt weird to me on the 360 I only recommend this if you have one of the newer systems!
  88. Sep 16, 2014
    Destiny is a truly remarkable achievement. I'm an old MMORPG gamer, Ultima Online and World of Warcraft with a few years spent playing Eve Online too, but I am a fairly casual shooter gamer. Enjoyed Borderlands but never really got into the BF and COD side.

Destiny in my mind is the perfect hybrid, and we shouldn't try and compare it with anything else because it won't be fair. This

This is a exceptional game and a wonderful achievement. A rare gem and the most fun I have had gaming in years!
  89. Sep 16, 2014
    Great game, with awesome co-op. I love the campaign but the PvP took me a little getting used to. I went through the usual "I hate this game" nonsense before I got the hang and now Im enjoying it. Cant wait for the expansions!
  90. Sep 16, 2014
    the multiplayer is too unbalanced the game with just the story mode is way too repetitive its just no fun very boring and no fun to play dont buy this
  91. Sep 16, 2014
    The game is a MMO shooter. Are there better games out there? Well you have your Borderlands players , COD players and your GTA players and all you are doing is running around killing lots of stuff. To be honest I grabbed the controller and actually enjoyed the game play. LONG drawn out fights that kept me on edge. Running around in the darkness with a tinge of anxiety because i new it wasThe game is a MMO shooter. Are there better games out there? Well you have your Borderlands players , COD players and your GTA players and all you are doing is running around killing lots of stuff. To be honest I grabbed the controller and actually enjoyed the game play. LONG drawn out fights that kept me on edge. Running around in the darkness with a tinge of anxiety because i new it was all a trap. Yes there are mmorp that have crafting and will gladly suck your life away to get the top gear. Yes there are other games that let you get 50 million different weapons. And yes you get into fights in all of them.... but i have to say i like how this one works. Yeah if there isn't as much content as we all would like right now all i can say is i have done the GRIND in many different games... this one is no different. Go here and kill 50 of those things... BLAH BLAH BLAH....... If i have to go kill 50 things i want to do it in as fun a way as is possible.... and right now... its Destiny. Where Killing is my business..... and business is GOOD! Expand
  92. Sep 16, 2014
    This game proves that a successful developer can't always strike gold twice. This game also proves that Activision is a hype machine with their marketing. DON'T FALL FOR IT! I do feel bad for Bungie because now they are stuck with this garbage IP for 10 more years. I don't have any confidence that this game can redeem itself even if they try and fix it. I feel like an idiot for wasting 20+This game proves that a successful developer can't always strike gold twice. This game also proves that Activision is a hype machine with their marketing. DON'T FALL FOR IT! I do feel bad for Bungie because now they are stuck with this garbage IP for 10 more years. I don't have any confidence that this game can redeem itself even if they try and fix it. I feel like an idiot for wasting 20+ hours of my life trying to get to level 20 just to find out that I would have to dedicate MASSIVE amounts of time just to get beyond level 20 and get better gear. I understand that this is supposed to be an FPS/MMO hybrid but requiring that I grind the same 4 levels over and over again is just plain stupid. FPS fans and MMO fans are 2 completely different types of customers. They need to realize that World of Warcraft fans would be right at home with Destiny because they can sit there and grind for 12 hours a day for 2 weeks straight to get 1 piece of high level armor. The problem is Destiny needs to know it can't rely on just MMO fans to keep the game afloat. It needs more variety to keep people happy with their purchase. The only thing I liked about the game was the tight shooting mechanics. On to the bad things. First off the game starts you off with the typical tutorial missions. After that the game doesn't explain anything to you. You have to rely on asking higher level characters any questions you have, or go to a Wiki. If you want to ask other players any questions you have to spam chat requests or strike team invites to other players in the Tower (player hub) and hope you get responses. This is a multiplayer focused game but Bungie has made it close to impossible to find other non-friend players to do missions with. When you do find other players to play with you can only have up to 3 players per strike team. With your strike team missing that crucial 4th player it could mean the difference in having to replay strike missions which already can take close to 40 minutes without failing. The game is split into 2 parts, pre level 20 play and post level 20 play. Pre level 20 play consists of grinding through story missions, strikes, patrols, bounties, and the horrible Crucible (PvP) modes. All of the grinding you do getting to level 20 does absolutely nothing for your character post level 20. It is all for nothing, yes you read that correctly, it is all for nothing. Once you hit level 18 is when you start earning "Marks" which is the form of currency you need for buying high level gear. Players will get Vanguard marks for completing bounties & strikes and Crucible marks when you play Crucible modes. When you hit level 20 is when you can start buying or finding the exotic and legendary gear. For example, if you want to purchase the high level Vanguard gear you will need at least 65 Vanguard marks (currency) and need to be a certain Vanguard Rank which comes in the form of Vanguard points. The problem is you just wasted 18 levels of grinding for 0 Vanguard or Crucible marks because you can't get marks until you are level 18. So all those hours you spent doing strikes, bounties, or Crucible were for nothing but points that add to your Vanguard or Crucible rank. For example, once you hit level 18 you can do a 40 minute strike and get 3 Vanguard marks. So you would have to do 21 more strikes of the 8 available strikes to get enough Vanguard marks to purchase 1 piece of armor. That is 14 hours of strikes to get 1 piece of armor! So you would have to dedicate 56 hours just to complete your armor set. Bounties can also be completed for Vanguard marks in just a little less time than doing the strikes but it is still very time consuming going the bounty route. Players can also hope to pick up rare,exotic, or legendary gear in the form of "Engram drops". The problem with this is the randomness and the balance of drops for each player on your strike team. The only way you get Engram drops is for killing enemies, that seems fair right? Wrong! I tested this theory with my buddy over 4 level 20 strike missions. I was almost level 21 and he was almost a level 22. I let him kill about 70 enemies each time while I killed around 30. Each strike he picked up 5-6 Engrams and I picked up 1. How is this fair? How is this supposed to keep people playing? I tested this theory because I would play strikes with random players and they would just sit back and poach kills. These players knew to wait for me to almost take an enemy down and they would get the final kill shot to have a better chance at picking up Engrams and leaving me with nothing. There is no reason for anyone to keep playing after level 20. Games are over hyped these days and rarely live up to it. PSA for gamers: Invest in a cheap shrink wrap machine online and when games suck like Destiny you can play it and re-wrap it and return it and get your money back. This way the publisher and developer get nothing for their sub par game. I just returned my copy! Thanks for nothing Bungie! Expand
  93. Sep 15, 2014
    this is my THIRD review of the game, i had given it a 8 but now im dropping that to a 5/10. here is why

i have this very minute finished the game and i can assure you its a huge let down, i had to actually YouTube the ending to make sure it was the same thing as i just witnessed, its the same concept as every other. You get on your sparrow ride through, get to a gate deploy ghost, he does his business, fight some enemies, go through a gate, kill some more goblin robots, then you are presented with fighting 3 of the boss's (all seperately) with the yellow writing (you will know what i mean if youve played it) and they are the EXACT same as the boss's from the previous level and i think they are also EASIER to kill, once youve done that the mission ending timer counts down, you go back to the tower and speak to the speaker, he does a little speech , THATS IT, not even any end credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the EXACT same as every other boring level.

the only thing i like about the game is the visuals and the levelling up but thats all pointless now, unless you fancy doing the same boring stuff in crucible over and over again.

You might see a trend here with the game - "repetitive" - awful!! - oh and certainly no replay value!

the second worst ending ive ever seen in a video game behind sniperghost warrior on 360. 4/10
  94. Sep 15, 2014
    This is a re-review now I've had more time on the game. I only play for an hour or so at a time so I'm not a hardcore killing machine in these type of games.
    The graphics are very good. A few reviews say other wise but I think the game looks great.
    The music is brilliant. When it's all going nuts so is the music. It's really well done. The AI is pretty predictable which for me is a plus
    The AI is pretty predictable which for me is a plus as I'm not very good at shooting games.
    The multiplayer is a lot harder to play as there's no AI. It's PVP. I quite like it even though I get battered quite a lot it's respawn and back in there. No chatter which is great as no-one is telling me off for being rubbish and letting the side down.
    You can grind which is ace as I tend to need to be about 2 lvls higher than the actual missions. Even at lvl 10 you can grind in a lvl 2 zone.
    There is quite a lot of repetition but I don't mind that as I need the practice.
    It's not the best game I've ever played and it's not the worse. Hopefully add-on packs will add more content.
    For a jump on jump off game it's fine. I like it but it's not fantastic.
  95. Sep 15, 2014
    Destiny could have been an amazing game, but it fails on almost all fronts. It has it's good parts like the quick and responsive gun play and character ability's can be customized to a certain point.

The cons of the game however far outweigh the pros, with an incredibly short campaign,incredibly repetitive missions, bad writing, and no reason to care about what is going on in the game or about any of the characters that get maybe 20-30 lines of dialogue. The loot system is broken, with high level loot dropping from low level mobs, no kind of challenge to get any kind of loot, only luck. The system for buying high level gear is poorly implemented, with no other way of getting them other than spending a long time grinding missions or playing in the pathetic lag fest the is the crucible.

Which brings us to the pvp aspect of this game, which has potential, but falls flat like everything else. a few of my friends and I played the game with different connection speeds, mine being a 15mbs download all the way up to a 24 i think, We still get horrible server side lag problems. Shots fired at an enemy will wait 2-3 seconds before registering, and sometimes not hit at all in longer ranges. The game boils down to who can get the most super moves, becoming godlike with little or no way to shut them down, I've been gutted by a bladedancer because a stab to the back which normally kills instantly in pvp and a point blank shotgun blast did little more than a scratch on her, which would be ok if they weren't able to get them 10 times a match. And then after a game there comes the insanely stupid random loot drops again, as in I've seen some one go bottom of the leader boards and still get a high level weapon or armor piece and the highest scoring person in the match gets nothing.

There are few things that I liked about the game, it's over-hyped and underdeveloped. It's a shell of what it could be.
  96. Sep 14, 2014
    No Wii U or Vita support, I'm ultimately disappointed. Exclusivity is a **** and needs to die. Stop saying this is better than Halo or CoD because it was created as a partnership between the two respective companies that created those series. 343 and THQ would have done a better job.
  97. Sep 14, 2014
    Gameplay - Is a pure blast the guns feel great the abilities are super fun and the vehicles are done incredibly well. Just wish there was a multi-person vehicle.
    Story - Was short but fun and a good taste test but I want more.
    Graphics - The environments are beautiful the enemies and gear all look really nice too I honestly can't complain. Enemies - They are fun relatively intelligent
    Story - Was short but fun and a good taste test but I want more.
    Enemies - They are fun relatively intelligent and are varied. I do however wish the bosses had a bit more to them as far as mechanics go.
    All in all this game is the most fun I have had in a while its the only FPS I've truly enjoyed sense halo days.
  98. Sep 14, 2014
    This is a very good game, if you play with friends it is way better, although I do have to say, it is pretty repetitive. All the earth missions that you play lead you to the same map but that does give you time to master the map, but the mission you choose will result in the level of enemies you are fighting. However as I said, a great game with good weapons, abilities and cool characterThis is a very good game, if you play with friends it is way better, although I do have to say, it is pretty repetitive. All the earth missions that you play lead you to the same map but that does give you time to master the map, but the mission you choose will result in the level of enemies you are fighting. However as I said, a great game with good weapons, abilities and cool character customization choices. (the servers do crash from time to time and it can get annoying) Expand
  99. Sep 14, 2014
    Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2 other players and the socail aspect sucks, it is not an adventure game either (forget everything you heard about Mass Effect, because it's not), it is just a boring FPS, far from Halo or Borderlands. What a waste. Expand
  100. Sep 13, 2014
    The first red flag is all the big game reviewers didn’t post day 1 reviews of this game calming it’s to big to review in 1 day. Bull crap. This game can be beaten in less then 24 hours and there is nothing complicated about it or ground breaking. What they are really saying is “this game isn’t as good as the hype”

Played the beta, for a beta test it was decent, showed a lot of hope for

Played the beta, for a beta test it was decent, showed a lot of hope for the actual title. Not enough for me to buy the game new however, managed to find a used copy the day after release. Turns out, the beta test was the actual game with it’s below average graphics, low frame rate, poor resolution, the whole smack. Copy and paste COD ghosts graphics engine with titanfall laziness and watchdogs marketing hype machine and tada! destiny on the 360. mw2, mass effect 2, skyrim, gta5 even borderlands 2.. look better. The maps are dead and lifeless, no sole are heart put into drawing them as the marketing would have you think there is. Mass effect 2 curb stomps this game in map settings and visual effects.

For a MMO, as bungie braggs endlessly this game is, it’s solitary experience if your casual like me with few friends who live on video games. You see far more people in a 16 player lobby in GTA online. There is almost no co-op matchmaking to speak of for story missions. There is zero communication features, no chat, no proximity voice or lobby chat, you can point and wave, and if you manage to get into a fire time of a max of 3 people compared to borderlands 4 you can only voice talk to those 2 other people. If you see someone randomly in town or on a mission your best bet to communicate is xbox live message if your fast enough. Even then most people will ignore you or say no to mission invites.

if your lucky enough to actually run into another person around the same level as you in the same part of the map 90% of the time they will ignore fire team requests. Have a friend you can count on if you wanna play with other people. Which beings me to my next point, playing this game solo is boring.

The opening missions set the tone for what this franchise is going to be, uncomplicated, overly simple and over drawn out (Like the last 2 harry potter movies) and REPETITIVE, just about every mission is wave defense. as the voice for the traveler will say, “I could tell you about the darkness” I could tell you about the great battle with the darkness and the traveler”, “I could tell you how the traveler arrived on earth” “I could tell you how the human race was great and powerful after the traveler arrived, but I wont”

this plot is the most un-engaging story of all time. There is no hero like master chief to connect with and associate bad assness with. your nameless guardian isn’t given any in-game special treatment to give him the hero status, he’s a nobody no one cares about. The main story missions are side stories having little or nothing to do with this great darkness that destroyed everything or the traveler. Im level 17 almost done with the story and I know as much about the plot as I did when they first announced destiny over 2 years ago. But we do have bad robots, replica fore runner look-alikes from halo 4 and some big round guys strait out of 90’s film the 5th element.

The good. Destiny’s leveling system is solid, lots of guns and upgrading. this is the best part of the game by far. It’s very rewarding to reach a new level and upgrade your guardian. Lots of gear however not as diverse as borderlands. We have tiny ships that have warp speed and teleport but we still are using bullets and gun powder, sorry Gene Roddenberry.

Pvp… haven’t played it but since I’m burnt out on mp fps shooters like cod and bf I doubt a futuristic version where everyone has a push-to-win button by the same publisher will offer anything new, nothing about destiny hasn’t been done on PC’s on a far bigger scale 10 years ago and still looked better then this does on current gen or next gen consoles.

The main reason I playing this game is I’m bored of everything else. I have no desire to level my guardian or finish the game but since I got nothing else going on I will. Bungie is set test everyone’s patience. Spoon feed us plot at a snails pace till we are so bored of what they have given us they will give another few bred crumbs with over price paid DLC and future sequels. I have a feeling if they had taken everything they plan to do with destiny 2 and 3 and all mumbo jumbo dlc and cram it all into this first title this would probably be a decent game, but it’s below average as is.

Rent it, barrow it, buy it used. Don’t get it new. Wait for the story to develop more later on when it might actually be interesting.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Sep 13, 2014
    Destiny is a good FPS from Bungie. However, it isn't the definitive fusion between shooter and MMO we expected. Great gunplay, good enemy AI and full of content, but missions can get too repetitive and the endgame needs more variety of objectives.