Destiny Xbox 360

4.7

1. Sep 15, 2014
    this is my THIRD review of the game, i had given it a 8 but now im dropping that to a 5/10. here is why

i have this very minute finished the game and i can assure you its a huge let down, i had to actually YouTube the ending to make sure it was the same thing as i just witnessed, its the same concept as every other. You get on your sparrow ride through, get to a gate deploy ghost, he does his business, fight some enemies, go through a gate, kill some more goblin robots, then you are presented with fighting 3 of the boss's (all seperately) with the yellow writing (you will know what i mean if youve played it) and they are the EXACT same as the boss's from the previous level and i think they are also EASIER to kill, once youve done that the mission ending timer counts down, you go back to the tower and speak to the speaker, he does a little speech , THATS IT, not even any end credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the EXACT same as every other boring level.

the only thing i like about the game is the visuals and the levelling up but thats all pointless now, unless you fancy doing the same boring stuff in crucible over and over again.

You might see a trend here with the game - "repetitive" - awful!! - oh and certainly no replay value!

the second worst ending ive ever seen in a video game behind sniperghost warrior on 360. 4/10
  2. Sep 10, 2014
    After months of endless hype promising a genre-changing event that will blow our minds we get.....online Borderlands, without the cool art style, fun story-telling, and solo play that Borderlands provided. This is a well-crafted, completely uninspiring exercise in lining up cross-hairs and clicking a button. The game that is billed as a RPG in shooter's clothing has minimal RPG features,After months of endless hype promising a genre-changing event that will blow our minds we get.....online Borderlands, without the cool art style, fun story-telling, and solo play that Borderlands provided. This is a well-crafted, completely uninspiring exercise in lining up cross-hairs and clicking a button. The game that is billed as a RPG in shooter's clothing has minimal RPG features, with limited and basic character development, and a story more focused on online group-looting (with uninspiring loot) than any deep narrative. Solo players have been left out of the equation, as content is geared towards forced-grouping (you "can" play "some" stuff alone, but it is a grinding chore). The mechanics are fine, but they should be since the developer has been making shooters for years. In the end, this is nothing but a typical online shooter MMO with a huge budget for marketing. Perhaps some of the marketing money should have gone into better and more compelling content, real RPG features, and an option for meaningful solo play for those who are interested. Expand
  3. Sep 9, 2014
    Meh, its alright...just not very good...I mean, its a poor-mans BL2, If you're looking for a decent console MMO, this is it. If you're looking for a good MMO and have a PC, then this one is a miss
  4. Jun 8, 2015
    As of this writing, I've come to my senses and have realised Destiny is a bunch of crock. Let me explain exactly why.

Story: 1/10. Destiny offers very little explanation to certain game elements while in-game, and the fact that you have to go online to access Grimiore cards is a complete hack. The DLC's plots are equally as thin. Gameplay: 2/10. Destiny, while fun at first,

Gameplay: 2/10. Destiny, while fun at first, degenerates into a boring grind that isn't good nor is it fun. Getting higher ranked armour from hard missions or multiplayer is damn near impossible, and the rewards for one gets for completion are really underwhelming. Missions are a chore as well; you can visit the same locations in three or more different missions, all lacking variety. Enemies in these locations all have the same function. "Oh, this one shoots magic! This one shoots bullets!" is probably all you'll say before you begin to notice the lack of variety and get really, REALLY bored playing. New missions for you to complete are as hard as they come. With the rarity of some much-needed armour that levels you up to the proper rank to play later missions, you have no other choice then to play on the "hard" difficulty, which is, more often than not, extremely hard and a major turn-off. Enemies at this stage use every cheap tactic in the gaming book to keep you from progressing, and Destiny's **** "no respawn" zones just add to the frustration. Foes are equipped with all the clichés, up to but not limited to, one-hit kills, exploding with no warning, or overpowered weapons that severely damage the player character. Multiplayer also sucks. Have an awesome gun that's powerful but has a slightly slower fire-rate than you like? Better keep playing until you find a better weapon, because rapid firing weapons in multiplayer will destroy you (and quite possibly, your controller). The hub is also at first mesmerising, but also becomes lame when you realise how little there is to do besides do some stupid dance as a way to interact with someone. Once you've done a lot of stuff, there will be absolutely nothing here for you to do until you get grinding. That's absolutely horrid.

Sound effects/Soundtrack: 6/10. While not as iconic as Halo's soundtracks, Marty O'Donnell's signature sound is still heard and extremely welcoming. Sound effects are the usual sci-fi grab-bag, but still good.

Graphics: 9.5/10. The graphics are amazing even for the last-gen consoles. Your screen will be filled with all sorts of greens, reds, and blues, and you'll love it (until boredom sinks in, which should be in about an hour).

Overall: 3/10. Nowhere near as iconic as Halo nor is it anywhere near as fun, Destiny is an overhyped clunker that you should stay far away from. Case in point: stick with the Halo series instead, Bungie screwed up big time on this one.
  5. Feb 16, 2015
    Wait until Ultimate Edition for Destiny before buying it waitnow not worth 59.99USD
    Don't Buy DLC or Don't Buy Season Pass.
    This DLCs is Pay to Unlock since Fileszie is less then 200MB Really under 10mb.
    Skip all Pay to Unlock DLC others one coming for Destiny.
    Real DLC Filesize least 250MB-10GB
  6. Sep 14, 2014
    Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2Biggest disappointement ever. It was supposed to be a great game, with a lot of content, lot of things to do, lots of planets to explore... It just look like a f**king demo! Do NOT put 50$ in that, it is not worth it at all. There are only 3 goods points, the gameplay is fine, the graphics are nice and the musics pretty good. That's it, it is not a MMO, main quest can only be done with 2 other players and the socail aspect sucks, it is not an adventure game either (forget everything you heard about Mass Effect, because it's not), it is just a boring FPS, far from Halo or Borderlands. What a waste. Expand
  7. Aug 31, 2015
    While Destiny is technically a quarter of a complete game (as there are 2 expansions with a third upcoming one), it is quite possibly the best unfinished game I have ever played!

Pros: The gameplay is rock solid. As this is made by Bungie (the guys behind Halo 1-Reach), the controls feel tight and you are able to do very well in the game, PVP matches especially. The perfect console FPS

Pros:
    The gameplay is rock solid. As this is made by Bungie (the guys behind Halo 1-Reach), the controls feel tight and you are able to do very well in the game, PVP matches especially. The perfect console FPS for those unfamiliar with FPS games on a console.
    The music is stunningly awesome, in the true senses of the word. All of the tracks fit the tone of the Destiny universe excellently with some very memorable pieces. It's a shame Martin O'Donnell left Bungie after Destiny was released :(
    Even though there is a lot of repetition, there is quite a lot to do in Destiny. You have the story missions which will take a few hours to beat, there's the Strike Missions, Patrol Missions, Raids and there's the addictive PVP modes that also feature various events at certain times. The game overall is very addictive

Cons:
    While the story missions don't feel like a bore, the plot overall is not well told at all. Destiny is a game with a potentially stunning lore, but the story mode in Destiny doesn't do it justice whatsoever. The writing is also bare bones and the voice acting is bland. Even though Dinklage is going to be replaced by Nolan North (as of this review), he still had one of the most average voices in recent gaming history.
    The game can get repetitive after a while. Even though the things on offer are incredible fun, eventually the game will become a forced loot grind, which will eventually force you to buy the expansions in order to breathe new life into the game and to keep playing it. Good thing the Taken king comes out soon :D
    Even though loot collecting can be fun at times, some of the systems related to the loot are horrible, the worst example is with the Cryptarch (who can be found in the tower). If you ask him to decrypt an engram, most of the time you will be given an item that is way below your standards and level. Many people have come to hate the Cryptarch but Bungie will be balancing out the loot system for the Taken King.

Overall, Destiny is a stunning game (My personal Game of the Year in 2014), but it does have massive story and repetition issues. If you buy the Destiny Taken King legendary edition, you will get the main game and all of the expansions, including the taken king. So if you are new to Destiny, I recommend getting that when it comes out as that is the best value!

8. Sep 10, 2014
    I played Destiny for a few hours. That’s all I could bear. It’s a boring game. Like Titanfall, Destiny is overhyped. Furthermore, it’s underdeveloped in the aspects that were marketed most. This proves that the marketing machines employed by Activision and EA are still marvelous. These companies constantly turn out average games, and in a few cases, glitchy unfinished games. Yet, theseI played Destiny for a few hours. That’s all I could bear. It’s a boring game. Like Titanfall, Destiny is overhyped. Furthermore, it’s underdeveloped in the aspects that were marketed most. This proves that the marketing machines employed by Activision and EA are still marvelous. These companies constantly turn out average games, and in a few cases, glitchy unfinished games. Yet, these companies make billions in revenue selling such games every year. Lesson here: Don’t buy the hype.

What is most disappointing about Destiny is the glaring inclusion of everything Halo. Movement, characters, weapons, and multiplayer reek of Halo. Not everyone likes Halo. The developers can’t shake off its Halo legacy, which could hurt Bungie in the long run. Destiny should be retitled to Halo: (Lackluster) MMO Edition. In a nutshell, for gamers who don’t like Halo, avoid Destiny.

The graphics and level design are poor. The 360 is old tech, but there are plenty of games which look great on it. Instead, Destiny looks washed out and monochromatic. This results from the abuse of a limited color palette. So areas look overly saturated in brown, stark white, or grey. Level design is uninspired. The maps are so generic that I can’t tell them apart. Some people told me they couldn’t orient themselves on the maps since everything looks so similar. A few actually got lost!! That is poor level design at its finest. Even worse, the maps are fairly linear. Sure they’re big, but exploration is shallow and enemies are sparse.

Combat is OK, and the AI is good enough. But battles are uninspired. Fight a horde here, explore a bit, and then fight an even larger horde with an elite enemy over there. Rinse, repeat. Boring combat mixed with shallow exploration makes Destiny repetitive. I’ve played a lot of RPG’s, MMO’s, and RTS games. Destiny is the only game I recall where a lowly level 10 enemy is nearly god-like to weaker players. They’re an absurd challenge. And these enemies pop up in unlikely places.

The multiplayer is awful. Annoyingly, players have to unlock game modes by playing the campaign. I understand why Bungie did this. Many FPS players skip campaigns and go straight into multiplayer. Campaigns set the tone for everything, including multiplayer. But forcing players to play it is a poor decision. Gamers like options, not dictation.

The multiplayer is extremely unbalanced as well. A strong team with good gear will decimate weaker teams. Battles are often completely one-sided. Destiny really fails here. While multiplayer feels distinctly Halo, it’s a huge step down. Destiny has one of the least enjoyable multiplayers I’ve played in the last several years.

The tower where players can upgrade gear and buy items is an afterthought. The Citadel from the original Mass Effect is vastly superior, and that game is 7 years old. Character customization is just as shallow. Character progression is limited and locked. No progression trees. No stat points. No choices on how to upgrade abilities means no variation among players in each class. So if a player chooses a warlock, all players among that class will perform the same. Virtually identical characters? No thanks. Armor and weapon customization is equally dull. There are hundreds of games which allow player choice in progression. With so many examples, it's baffling why Destiny's system is so lazy and rudimentary. In fact, the promise of unique character progression was part of Bungie's marketing strategy. It's not there.

I really can’t say much more because I stopped playing after a hours. This is unusual as I spend 15 hours or more on every game I review. Destiny tries to do everything, and it fails at everything. The specter of Halo haunts the cubicles at Bungie. The developers decided to embrace it rather than make a clean break. That is why the game feels mired in Halo’s universe. And like quicksand, that dilemma is pulling Destiny under. Instead of the promised MMO, gamers get an average co-op shooter. Poor graphics, lackluster level design, limited exploration, uninspired combat, and an awful multiplayer are just some of the problems that plague Destiny.

For players with decent PC’s, check out Guild Wars 2. It’s epic, massive, deep, and highly interactive. Basically, GW2 is everything Destiny’s not. For players with more humble tech, check out Diablo 3. It’s also an epic and fun game. Plus, Diablo is available on consoles.
  9. Nov 25, 2015
    Ugh...it's okay I guess. The gameplay itself is well-made (no bugs), the gunplay is rock solid and the loot can make the game addicting to play at times. The stroy is told in such a way that no one can really understand what is going on, and it probably has the most unbalanced competitive multiplayer ever created. Not a terrible game, but buy at your own risk.

Also, this is an

Also, this is an online-only game. But you will only need Xbox Live Gold if you want to play the (really bad) competitive multiplayer, raid and strike missions. Everything else is available (story and patrol missions) with a free subscription.
  10. Sep 12, 2014
    Very good game even ignoring all the hype. It's one that's going to evolve and grow over time much like a MMO so its hard to give it a final score. The game wont appeal to everyone, but its far from being as bad as all these low scores suggest. Expect this to be a larger and richer game in the future as the universe expands.
  11. Sep 23, 2014
    SAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their ownSAVE YOUR MONEY.... Wow.. Let me start by saying XBOX owes Bungie alot and lets face it Bungie owes Microsoft everything.. I watched a video (55 Mins) from Bungie and they stated they were would of went out of business if Microsoft didn't save them.. The whole time at Microsoft Bungie cried and said they wanted to be independent (which they couldn't because they already failed on their own and MS save them) and make creative games and not Halo... so what did they do they made Destiny a halo clone... A very repetitive Halo clone... This game is not worth $60 you are 2 games away from bankruptcy and I for one can't wait to see it happen... You had a great thing at Microsoft and you blew it for greed... You said it was to be creative... Is destiny creative? No freaking way... Expand
  12. Sep 13, 2014
    I really thought not to buy Bungie's latest on release day - I expected a half-hearted cut-down 'realisation' of their 'dream' on 360, I expected server issues, and most of all I expected a mass of letdowns and issues typical of games of this wait. What I didn't expect was the following, so please, do read on.......

.......The game installed, and for the first 2-3 hours I played the

.......The game installed, and for the first 2-3 hours I played the game on the 360 without a single hitch, technically - but I felt cold, disconnected from the game's narrative, and I felt that I was missing something, and that the game was effectively a 'bag' of components that didn't really fit together that well - yes, I was underwhelmed. However, 6 hours-in, things changed dramatically, and I realized that although this game isn't the epic many may expect, in other areas it not only surprises, it also concentrates hard on the small things.

Destiny plays much like Halo, with mechanics from Borderlands, and also structural influences on the gameplay also coming from such disparate titles as Dark Souls and Burnout Paradise (note: influences - this game plays directly, differently, to those titles!!). It focuses directly upon a campaign linked with other gameplay modes, and a severe dose of online gameplay too. And for all that, it succeeds admirably. The "levels" sprawl and alternate in alarming patterns, and although they may be repeated for the campaign as such, the events update dramatically on a major scale - some of the opening missions I've found often change and prove to be wonderful excuses to just lose it and wonder around, picking up and being dropped into events that are randomly selected. At the start, those 2-3 hours of weathering the initial game, you'll feel like its an uphill struggle, and that big enemies take an age to kill. After that, things will suddenly change, and you'll feel at one with the events of the game.

The presentation is very good, with very pretty graphics detailing some wonderful imaginative worlds, and the sound is amazing, really eerie sound effects complimenting the stellar soundtrack. And thankfully, loading levels doesn't take that long.

Back to my opening, Bungie I feel are master craftsmen of this kind of game, and this game excels in dragging the player into the conflict, and yet the game has also hidden strengths. Being able to just drop-in for a 30 minute play is wonderful, as is the fact that although the gameplay doesn't vary, the often random events that crop-up mid-level and the other little touches serve to involve the player on a greater level.

I am enjoying this game greatly, and whilst I feel that it is generally very very good, I am aware that Bungie are working on a lot for this game, and that in 6 months, or even a year's time there may be a lot more in the game. Heck, there's even another level arriving on the 16th of September!!

This review may just read like a collection of thoughts right now, but I hope that it serves to prove that I am genuinely delighted and surprised by Destiny, and although I was initially underwhelmed, this gave way to discovering the true strengths of the game.
  13. Oct 12, 2014
    I was really excited for this game, and thoroughly enjoyed it up until I finished the storyline. Then, it fell apart into a tedious grind. Today something amazing happened, for the first time since launch, I realized I'd rather sleep than get up early to play the game for a bit. That is the death knell of any game for me.

Fundamentally, it is there, but the execution is poor. There's a

Fundamentally, it is there, but the execution is poor. There's a wealth of story, but you can only access it via bungie's website or the app, why can't we experience it in game? I think this is a good example of a good game ruined by corporate management and incompetence. It seems as though the game developers are running in multiple directions without solid leadership.

Bugs are aplenty - nothing is more infuriating than when my auto rifle just stops firing during pvp, despite the fact that I'm still holding down the "aim" and "fire" buttons.

There's too many ways to "cheat" with each raid boss, which makes it clear that there was insufficient play testing and that the game was rushed out before it was ready.

Finally, the tedious, gated grind to earn ascendant materials just to upgrade armor is asinine. If you're going to control the pace at which players can level, at least make it interesting. Not repeat the same tired missions over and over ad nausea. The bounty missions and strikes should have generic dialogue to at least disguise the fact that you're repeating a mission you've already done.

To quote the most annoying PVP announcer ever: "Get it together Bungie! You're light is stronger than this! I think you may have underestimated the task!"
  14. Jan 15, 2015
    Not a bad game, heck achieving a game like this with no bugs encountered at all to level 20 is astounding. Unfortunately all the solid specs in the many worlds of this game cannot save the fact that its boring. The gunplay is fantastic but its used to grind samey enemies in the same environments with the same zone defence objective. Destiny also feels like its missing worldbuilding on itsNot a bad game, heck achieving a game like this with no bugs encountered at all to level 20 is astounding. Unfortunately all the solid specs in the many worlds of this game cannot save the fact that its boring. The gunplay is fantastic but its used to grind samey enemies in the same environments with the same zone defence objective. Destiny also feels like its missing worldbuilding on its information and gameplay models. Reading lore off a website is not the same as reading it in-game, and I feel bungie could have implemented Halo: Reach's space combat to explore the planets instead of using a dead boring loading screen.

Not bad, but incredibly disappointing considering the hype, legacy and investment.
  15. Mar 15, 2015
    I hate reviewers and here's why. This game is an MMORPG, it's designed for grinding/repetition along with an RNG loot system. I beta tested this game, then pre-ordered the title. I was disappointed with one fact which is what kept this game from getting a 10, the beta test characters move over to the game which they DON'T tell you when you tested. So my max level beta character, endedI hate reviewers and here's why. This game is an MMORPG, it's designed for grinding/repetition along with an RNG loot system. I beta tested this game, then pre-ordered the title. I was disappointed with one fact which is what kept this game from getting a 10, the beta test characters move over to the game which they DON'T tell you when you tested. So my max level beta character, ended up having to be started over. The story is exactly what I'd expect from Bungie, the game play is stellar, and the PvP is awesome. Sorry to the naysayers but you have crap internet or are playing at the wrong times. Expand
  16. Sep 9, 2014
    You might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it'sYou might as well just play Borderlands 2. This game is a waste of $60.00. It's a combination of Borderlands and Halo, but without any of the fun. Little to no interesting story or characters. The character customization leaves a lot to be desired. The only saving grave of this game is Peter Dinklage and the graphics. Otherwise, it's just another mediocre shooter that feels like it's trying to be Halo, but with horribly repetitive quests/missions that makes the game bland and uninteresting. Re-visit the same locations over and over in "Old Russia" and fight the same types of enemies. Sense of character progression is missing and nearly existent, despite the skill tree. It's missing all of the charm and fun that games like Borderlands 2 deliver on and feels like another generic shooter that's trying to be an MMO (eg. Defiance). With the limitations on voice chat, it leaves you feeling as if you are playing alone or with A.I. and without that MMO "feel" or interesting story to speak of, it ends up feeling like you're playing some fancy Free-To-Play shooter like Warframe. Expand
  17. Mar 19, 2015
    Destiny is an artistically beautiful game that falls very short. The most disappointing thing about this game is the lack of story line. Repetitiveness, for a game that claims not be an MMO and the lack of the content does not help. The place where this game can shine are raids and there are currently only two (one if you don't buy the "expansion.") While the raids can be fun, they'reDestiny is an artistically beautiful game that falls very short. The most disappointing thing about this game is the lack of story line. Repetitiveness, for a game that claims not be an MMO and the lack of the content does not help. The place where this game can shine are raids and there are currently only two (one if you don't buy the "expansion.") While the raids can be fun, they're filled with game breaking bugs. The PVP is unbalanced and tends to be filled with hand cannon/auto rifle/shotgun/fusion rifle players. Expand
  18. Sep 14, 2014
    No Wii U or Vita support, I'm ultimately disappointed. Exclusivity is a **** and needs to die. Stop saying this is better than Halo or CoD because it was created as a partnership between the two respective companies that created those series. 343 and THQ would have done a better job.
  19. Sep 27, 2014
    This game is good on a multiplayer aspect but the luster goes away quickly...

You see for me most of my friends have moved on to phone games in which i have traversed once with them and then came back to consoles after being dissatisfied with quality and the microtransactions to enjoy the game. So yeah phone games are out to take your money and console games are the real deal???
    This game is good on a multiplayer aspect but the luster goes away quickly...

with this game i'm not sure anymore.

I will say the mechanics of this game are tight however I feel like this game is unfinished. I really feel sorry for Peter Dinklage. People shouldn't rag on the guy, he was just getting paid to do a video game voice like many stars these days and the game has nothing to do with him as an actor.

I guess if you like borderlands and halo then you would like this game. For me however I only liked borderlands when friends played with me otherwise it was boring and repetitive grinding..

This game is an amateur MMO. It really couldve been a great game if they would've taken more time to finish it. I love some of the classes and how they work but once again I feel like they rushed to meet a deadline. On the xbox 360 there seems to be too many disconnect issues.

Also I will not spoil anything but in a way its got that "dragon age" effect where they really push the DLC on you and to me feels the way a phone game feels to enjoy a game fully.

I feel if they would've focused on true gameplay vs money grabbing the compulsive buyers then we would've seen a better user review here.

I really wanted to like this game but for 60 dollars I will say I was glad to have played a friends copy instead of buying.

Honestly with how they are working the DLC I will say wait till this game goes down to 20 bucks then maybe give it a chance or wait till they come out with the game and all DLC for a fair price because right now they are just wanting your money.

I was really looking forward to Bungie going further than the halo universe but then again if you team them up with activision what else could you expect? I'd say the merger to make this game is an amateur copycat of how EA makes their games...

Really disappointed....
  20. Sep 26, 2014
    For a $500 mil game there is horrifyingly little content on offer. The main story quest I completed over two days, if you just went for it you could complete it in a day. The much heralded co-op aspect is useless, no way to interact with fellow players other than to point or dance at them. Once you've hit the level cap and completed the story all there is to do is the same repetitiveFor a $500 mil game there is horrifyingly little content on offer. The main story quest I completed over two days, if you just went for it you could complete it in a day. The much heralded co-op aspect is useless, no way to interact with fellow players other than to point or dance at them. Once you've hit the level cap and completed the story all there is to do is the same repetitive strike missions to grind out equipment upgrades. Graphics are nice, weapons and gear nice, some of the boss battles are cool but you've seen it all before, I think they spent their budget on marketing not content. My game's on ebay as we speak. Expand
  21. Sep 18, 2014
    A quality title who's most remarkable feature is the incredible number of experienced Marathon & halo-familiar gamers who expected bungie to make a game requiring more than running in circles and killing strangers.

Pretend you've never heard of Destiny then ask yourself if you want Bungie's new game. You'll know exactly what to expect.
  22. Sep 14, 2014
    Gameplay - Is a pure blast the guns feel great the abilities are super fun and the vehicles are done incredibly well. Just wish there was a multi-person vehicle.
    Story - Was short but fun and a good taste test but I want more.
    Graphics - The environments are beautiful the enemies and gear all look really nice too I honestly can't complain. Enemies - They are fun relatively intelligent
    Story - Was short but fun and a good taste test but I want more.
    Enemies - They are fun relatively intelligent and are varied. I do however wish the bosses had a bit more to them as far as mechanics go.
    All in all this game is the most fun I have had in a while its the only FPS I've truly enjoyed sense halo days.
  23. Sep 15, 2014
    This is a re-review now I've had more time on the game. I only play for an hour or so at a time so I'm not a hardcore killing machine in these type of games.
    The graphics are very good. A few reviews say other wise but I think the game looks great.
    The music is brilliant. When it's all going nuts so is the music. It's really well done. The AI is pretty predictable which for me is a plus
    The AI is pretty predictable which for me is a plus as I'm not very good at shooting games.
    The multiplayer is a lot harder to play as there's no AI. It's PVP. I quite like it even though I get battered quite a lot it's respawn and back in there. No chatter which is great as no-one is telling me off for being rubbish and letting the side down.
    You can grind which is ace as I tend to need to be about 2 lvls higher than the actual missions. Even at lvl 10 you can grind in a lvl 2 zone.
    There is quite a lot of repetition but I don't mind that as I need the practice.
    It's not the best game I've ever played and it's not the worse. Hopefully add-on packs will add more content.
    For a jump on jump off game it's fine. I like it but it's not fantastic.
  24. Sep 9, 2014
    Those scenic graphics from the trailer, well that makes up about 10%. The rest of the graphics are good, but not amazing or great...most likely you have seen this game before. The shooting, jumping, sprinting are solid gameplay mechanics, but if you are not playing with friends you will get bored. There is not a lot of loot , and leveling is linear and magical. Magical meaning you justThose scenic graphics from the trailer, well that makes up about 10%. The rest of the graphics are good, but not amazing or great...most likely you have seen this game before. The shooting, jumping, sprinting are solid gameplay mechanics, but if you are not playing with friends you will get bored. There is not a lot of loot , and leveling is linear and magical. Magical meaning you just get stuff out of thin air when you level, so you feel this hurried sense of "oh I have to level up" because thats really the only thing to do. Exploring results in seeing some environment, but not much more...there are no NPC's to talk to, there is nothing to buy except weapons and armor. There is no real sense of customizing, everyone looks basically the same. The game may be worth $60 to some, but most will want to get it on sale or rent it. There is no real sense of what to do, except complete some fetch quests (get 100 kills, or find 100 items) and in turn you level up or get more free armor. All the bad stuff you read about the game is true, and all the good stuff is true - Except it was over hyped. The game is a basic shooter, with lots of repetition (same locations, same creatures) it is not an MMO or RPG. The boss fights are rare, and a bit lame in the sense that the Bosses do not move and are bullet sponges (gets boring) running out of ammo gets annoying too. The creatures all look the same from a distance, up close they are actually different , but since the AI is predictable after a while, they seem like the same enemies on every planet.
    The vehicles are okay, but there is only one really, a land speeder from star wars and its more fun to walk. The audio is not immersive either, the weapon physics are missing...there is nothing to shoot around or kick really, and almost no bullet holes or sparkhits or any sense that the environment knows you are there...its like a disconnected world.
  25. Nov 9, 2014
    No doubt this is a solid shooter with good mechanics behind it that with more development could become amazing. However, the woefully undeveloped story, the amateurish and repetitive level design and the bog standard multiplayer hold this game back from being good. The only real reason to buy this game is if all your friends are playing it, otherwise it's just an alright shooter, that (onNo doubt this is a solid shooter with good mechanics behind it that with more development could become amazing. However, the woefully undeveloped story, the amateurish and repetitive level design and the bog standard multiplayer hold this game back from being good. The only real reason to buy this game is if all your friends are playing it, otherwise it's just an alright shooter, that (on your own) you'll get bored of quickly. Expand
  26. Sep 20, 2014
    Pros: Story was interesting, Control's are solid, area's are big but there's almost no reason to explore, sure you can find chests but you really just get money out of them.... you can hunt down dead ghosts and revive them for Grimoire points.

Cons: The loot system is messed up, you get engrams / Schematics of items. white gives white, green gives green or blue, blue gives green blue

Cons:

The loot system is messed up, you get engrams / Schematics of items. white gives white, green gives green or blue, blue gives green blue or purple, purple gives every thing but white? i didn't understand why i turned in a purple schematic and got a green item out of it.. that really irritated me. was only one of 2 purple item drops too..

Tons of wasted potential here,

Console MMo with out the mmo. There's people around atm but no one talks or interacts, Even in groups, This has got to be THE first time I've been on xbox live and people are not chatting and being noisy little a-holes.

Game fills like one big single player game. The lack of different guns is really annoying, You get 2 heavy options machine gun or rocket launcher, then you get sniper rifles, fusion weapons (charge to burst fire type) and shotguns, then you have scout rifles, auto rifles, hand cannons and some other one i forget atm.

they seem to have taken diablo 3's idea on leveling, as you dont get to spend skill points and have 2 trees to play with, theres a few different verations on the skills you do have but it really lacks, just like Pretty much everyone said about d3!!! you'll hit level cap and still be trying to get some abilitys.

Light levels after 20 aka 21-28 are simply earned by finding/buying gear with +1-+18 light on them, this seems like a HUGE Cop out just so folks can grind and have a huge time sink. earning the marks takes for ever and cant even be done in a full week just for some of the 120 marks required on some of the gear. there's a 100 limit per week.

I could rant even more, Luts just say its worth 25$ or less no where near 60 +tax.
  27. Sep 13, 2014
    My thoughts. This is coming from a level 16 who's just about to get to Mars:

1. Story is downright awful. The premise sounds amazing but the execution isn't done right at all. 99 percent of the missions have been "press square, defend area, kill big boss, missions complete. And the odd occasional cut scene with cringe worthy voice acting. 2 Light on content. If you turned off the
    My thoughts. This is coming from a level 16 who's just about to get to Mars:

2 Light on content. If you turned off the endlessly spawning enemies this game could be completed in a few hours for the story. Considering the first thing they talked about this game was it's focus on the story I'm severely disappointed in that regard. So much potential and it just falls flat.
  28. Sep 9, 2014
    A load of wasted potential, but with solid mechanics, Destiny is representative of an industry with no ideas and more of a focus on spectacle than mechanics.

Examples of poorly designed mechanics are loot, none of which is exciting. When a new gun is found in Borderlands, it could fire swords or arcing lightning blasts. In Destiny, the bullets could glow red. There are only a handful of gun types, and the few variations to that gun play nearly identically, making it seem more like a traditional first person shooter than an extended RPG.

The RPG elements are terrible and barebones. Rather than getting a series of points to put into many skills, creating your own unique character and way to play, all of the classes (all three of them) will play identically to someone playing as the same class, the only difference being the skills they have equipped, which can be changed at any time, undermining the entire RPG aspect as a whole.

The map is massive, but there isn't really much to do in it. It's sort of like if you put tootise rolls on the corners of a football field. Yeah, there are caves and respawning monsters, but the maps have an MMO feel and, in a fast paced shooter, it just comes across as a pointless waste of space, and an excuse to have vehicles.

Speaking of vehicles, the game has almost no consequences for failure. If your vehicle explodes, you can just summon another one. No money, experience, or level required. If you die, you respawn a short distance away, once again, with no repercussions, unless you are in a "dark zone" for raid purposes, which show up entirely at random within missions and make them more aggravating than fun, just because of how randomly they're sprinkled around. This lack of feedback to the player causes the game to feel old very quickly, because there isn't a sense of accomplishment. You can just bash your head against any boss until you win, regardless of level or personal skill. Combine this with the face that many enemies are simply damage sponges and this makes for a lot of tedium very quickly.

The story is meh. It's visually interesting in its design, but what starts off as an interesting idea quickly devolves into every single sci-fi cliche in history. Not much to say, it serves its purpose, but brings nothing new to the table.

And, simply put, the multiplayer deathmatches are garbage. They remind me of the most recent Call of Duty, but even more broken. Prepare to die at complete random.

As for the good, the game is gorgeous. Landscapes are meticulously designed, and you can tell the world-designers really care for their craft. The voice acting is also great, except for, curiously, Peter Dinklage. He occasionally comes off as flat and bored with everything that is going on, and when he does, it will suck you right out of even the most emotional scenes. Also, the driving mechanics are smooth as better, and are quite possibly some of the best that I've ever played.

However, all of these things can't make up for the fact that Destiny is just a mediocre Borderlands clone at its core, but where Borderlands succeeded through a dark sense of humor and weapons that were so ridiculous, it was a joy to find a new one, as well as solid RPG mechanics, Destiny wants to appeal to shooter fans.

The lack of interesting guns, Diablo 3 RPG mechanics, slightly awkward story and repetitive gameplay ruin Destiny. This game was absolutely destined for greatness, but they played it entirely too safe, and now it's just another meh shooter.
  29. Oct 5, 2014
    I played the beta and I had a lot of fun, but when it came out I played it straight away and was amazed of how well done they did although there were some downsides: 1. A bit short the story and not the best ending ive ever seen but still a good story and back story. 2. The weapons and gun play, they should have maybe balanced the weapons out a bit more. 3. The AI was a bit dodgy. ButI played the beta and I had a lot of fun, but when it came out I played it straight away and was amazed of how well done they did although there were some downsides: 1. A bit short the story and not the best ending ive ever seen but still a good story and back story. 2. The weapons and gun play, they should have maybe balanced the weapons out a bit more. 3. The AI was a bit dodgy. But aside from that this game is amazing to play with 1 or 2 friends and team up in the PVP arena, strikes, story, bounties, etc. The graphics are pretty good but better on next gen, there are 3 really powerful guardian classes to choose from and its just a really fun and exciting game. 9/10 Expand
  30. Mar 4, 2015
    Looks beautiful, plays okay, guns and gun play are quite nice, but ultimately the game gets repetitive and boring.

Basically, only get this game if you enjoy grinding for tens of hours. It's okay, nothing great or generation changing.
  31. Sep 9, 2014
    The game has no cooperative matchmaking. Go elsewhere for entertainment, as your money will be wasted on a game that is focused on multiplayer, but insists that you wander around randomly to find people to play with. What a disappointment!!!!! It is a complete waste of time.
  32. Sep 19, 2014
    To be clear, I haven't finished the game yet. I'm about 8 or 9 hours into it. But I want to get this review out now because I think it could be helpful to others. I'm seeing a lot of things that criticize Destiny because it's story isn't very good, and because it doesn't do the things that MMOs and RPGs do well. It's true, the story sucks, and it doesn't work well at all as an MMO orTo be clear, I haven't finished the game yet. I'm about 8 or 9 hours into it. But I want to get this review out now because I think it could be helpful to others. I'm seeing a lot of things that criticize Destiny because it's story isn't very good, and because it doesn't do the things that MMOs and RPGs do well. It's true, the story sucks, and it doesn't work well at all as an MMO or an RPG. Bungie clearly took some elements from games like Mass Effect and Borderlands and tried to incorporate them here, but they didn't use those elements anywhere near as effectively as Gearbox or Bioware do. Yes, this game feels a bit like Halo, Borderlands, and Mass Effect had a baby. But it doesn't do what Borderlands does well, and it doesn't do what Mass Effect does well. It has borderlands' fetch quests, bounties, and levelling up, and Mass Effect's space travel to different planets and hub world to interact with NPCs, but Bungie can't hold a candle to Bioware at story-telling and it lacks the humor and the looting excitement of Borderlands. But, instead of grading Destiny on what it isn't, and what it doesn't do well, how about grading it on what it is, and what it does do well? Destiny, at the end of the day, is from the makers of Halo, and what Halo always had was amazing FPS action and gunplay. Destiny rules if that's what you are looking for. The game has a lot of backtracking, which gets super old, and the first few hours were pretty dull until i found guns I liked and the worlds and battles started getting more interesting. But about 4 or 5 hours in, I realized I was having a blast. At the end of the day, in a Bungie game the setting and the story are just things to give us an excuse to have badass gunfights with awesome action, and Destiny delivers what Bungie does best. And if you're like me, and you're an old school Halo fan, you've been missing that awesome Bungie combat feel. It's just crazy fun. So forget about all those other things Bungie doesn't do well, and think about the one thing Bungie does right: crazy fun action combat. For that, Destiny delivers(though it takes a few hours to really start delivering) and if you are someone craving that, then you'll love it! Expand
  33. Sep 22, 2014
    HONEST REVIEW: a shame this has to be put, but with the trolls and sycophants it has to be put.
    Ive played all versions of this game, and to sum up, i would say there are a few good things that could be great, and a few awful things that need fixing as to not ruin the whole experience. Unfortunately, with this work in progress, nothing is genuinely unique or great at the level expected of the money and names behind this from the start, very troubling.
    The good:
    Graphics are good, not excellent, but top tier, they got it right
    Weapons: May be the most right of this entire game, and as close to perfect as you get in destiny. Not only the weapons, but the tier system as you progress to get better weaponry.
    Map/Planet System: its a good breakup, once you understand the four basic evil kinds, and I actually like how they mixed multiplayer with campaign
    THE BAD:
    Chat: AS IN, AN MMO WITH NO CHAT. You can do missions for HOURS with others and theres no way to speak to them. In fact, you HAVE to do these group missions to complete planets, and they did not include chat for the dumbest reason not to. cant strategize. cant communicate. cant say good job after. and in the 'lobby', no chat. unbelievable.
    Multiplayer: It is almost completely broken and useless. they will not group by level or skill, and it translates into the most uneven mess on any mulitplayer platform. if a player is 3 levels above you, he will destroy you the entire match. if you are the one above, enjoy. I dont mind this so much, but the maps for MP are uninspired, small, lame.
    Story and Characters: When i played Wolfenstein, the story was awesome. i cared about the characters. Same with Far Cry 3. You will not care about this story, or even pay attention to it. you will not care about one character. These are sad guarantees.

The gameplay, though repetitive at times, is pretty fun. and even though i was unable to chat with any players i enjoyed playing with them, which makes me think that these missions will be a great thing after chat is fixed. This game, once finished, is a solid 7, with potential if Bungie listens to its fans as it has in the past to grow to a 9. a 7 with some games may seem like a win, but much l like Watch Dogs and other huge releases lately, it just did not live up to the hype, and no game was hyped more than this for the past 2 years, so we all deserved better. That being said, it was a 7. HOWEVER, the 2 UNFORGIVABLE mistakes, 1. Forcing players to play with each other but no chat option, and 2. the multiplayer being uneven and cruel (first time i played MP I was a 5 playing with a level 20 and a level 18), this game is no better than a 5. Anyone putting higher is basing it on potential and/or combating trolls, anyone putting much lower is either a troll or only a MP player on FPS games (they have a legitimate gripe here though, i prefer campaigns but i can understand being upset to be forced to play through campaign in the beginning just to get to multiplayer option along with the unevenness.)
  34. Jan 25, 2015
    Everything you've heard? Completely true. This game in its current state is just garbage, full of lost potential and corporate greed **** But please hear me! Don't blame Bungie, blame Activision who obviously pulled a bait and switch on Bungie's Contract. I bet having any Halo Memoribilia in the Activision HQ results in immediate termination.
  35. Jan 26, 2015
    Very good game for which I can't find replacement of all available games.
    Very good game for which I can't find replacement of all available games.
    В коллекции игр для коробки есть практически все, что выходило. Много даже не запускал. Все доступные Halo, GoW, Lego пройдены вместе с сыном. Ведьмак, Кризис (все части), Масс эффект, X-COM, Deus Ex и прочее даже не запускались ни разу. Если и бере в руки джойстик играю с октября в Dectiny. При всех ее недостатках, главный из которых это малое количество контента, заменить ее чем-то не хочется.
  36. Sep 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Destiny has some of the best music I've ever heard in a video game. Unfortunately, that's the highest compliment I can give it at this point, after having played about 5 hours. As a sci-fi shooter, it's adequate but nothing special. The graphics on the 360 are a bit shabby (both Halo IV and Skyrim looked much better on the same console), and the voice acting is unmemorable.

But the most severe drawback, in my view, is the lack of an immersive storyline. I would love to know more about the Destiny universe -- what is the Darkness, exactly, and what did it do to Earth's former civilization? Where did all these aliens come from? How was it that my character was dead for centuries? -- but there appears to be nowhere in-game to uncover this kind of information, apart from extremely vague references in cutscenes. Now, some vagueness about the big issues behind a game's backstory is fine, even adding to the sense of mystery, but too much just makes things dull and incomprehensible.

Other MMORPGs like World of Warcraft, not to mention most shooters and virtually all single-player RPGs, have been full of books, letters, data terminals, NPCs you can actually converse with, etc., from which you could learn more about the history/lore of the game. That really adds a lot to the experience, and I hope Bungie will consider modifying Destiny accordingly. They certainly proved with the Halo franchise that they are capable of telling a great story. But until then, I have to agree with the people who are saying that Destiny will be worth purchasing only when the price has dropped to about $19.99.
  37. Feb 5, 2015
    Good, not great, not bad. The gunplay is extremely well done and incredibly fun. Bungie's 13 years of console FPS development really payed off in the control department. Bungie knows how to make an FPS feel great on a console. It's also surprisingly pretty for an Xbox 360 game, despite it's incredibly low resolution. Aside from that, this game is incredibly bare-bones. There is very littleGood, not great, not bad. The gunplay is extremely well done and incredibly fun. Bungie's 13 years of console FPS development really payed off in the control department. Bungie knows how to make an FPS feel great on a console. It's also surprisingly pretty for an Xbox 360 game, despite it's incredibly low resolution. Aside from that, this game is incredibly bare-bones. There is very little reason to continue to play this game after the campaign ends, save for repetitive strikes and un-exciting multiplayer. The story was stripped during development, so the end of the campaign feels incredibly hollow. You are also forced to play online, but it rarely has much impact on your experience. There are three classes and three races to choose from, but they don't seem to make significantly different impacts on gameplay. Regardless of this, I come back to it about once a week and generally enjoy myself, so it does have something to offer. Destiny's biggest issue for me personally, however, is the fact that it is not on PC. I don't forsee it being released anytime soon or even at all due to its lack-luster reception on consoles. I'm probably in the minority of PC gamers who would actually play this game. Expand
  38. Sep 10, 2014
    Why do people not like this? It's a fantastic game! I highly recommend getting it! Great gameplay, great graphics, and great amounts of loot goes for a great game.
  39. Sep 12, 2014
    Boring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, exceptBoring, repetitive. It feels like Bungie sank most of their $500 million budget into marketing and advertising. They even banned official reviews after release to sell as many copies as possible before reviews start showing up to ruin the Metacritic score. This game feels like a cash grab, with Bungie just trying to get as much money as possible. I never felt ripped off by a game, except Mass Effect 3. Where is the old Bungie I used to know? The one that loved to make GAMES?? Now they only love making MONEY. Expand
  40. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun. Im don't play a ton of fps but I am a fan of boarderlands, mass effect series, and bio shock. This game is a bit of a child of all these great games. It may try to be to many things to to many people but for me a person who didn't come in with to many expectation ive had a lot of fun playing. Theres just enough upgrades to keep you invested and the difficultyThis game is a lot of fun. Im don't play a ton of fps but I am a fan of boarderlands, mass effect series, and bio shock. This game is a bit of a child of all these great games. It may try to be to many things to to many people but for me a person who didn't come in with to many expectation ive had a lot of fun playing. Theres just enough upgrades to keep you invested and the difficulty of the game is good, some missions are very intense and it really sucks you in to try and stay alive. overall a nine for me could be a bit longer in original story but I did love every second of the story while it lasted and the game is still getting updates. good fun Expand
  41. Jan 25, 2015
    Do not buy this game it is a waste of your money. Buy it if you want a hour of fun then bland repetitive gameplay the side quests aren't even side quest the open worlds don't feel open the multiple oh don't get me started if you have a weapon that is under 200 damage you will be killed over and over by level 25 or 30 player who have one shot kill weapons and the story is broken and boringDo not buy this game it is a waste of your money. Buy it if you want a hour of fun then bland repetitive gameplay the side quests aren't even side quest the open worlds don't feel open the multiple oh don't get me started if you have a weapon that is under 200 damage you will be killed over and over by level 25 or 30 player who have one shot kill weapons and the story is broken and boring the reward for beating the story is a crappy rife that you will replace and a cutscene all of this game is bad i was extremely hyped for this i preordered it from gamestop for 90 dollars NINETY they said will give you this code to get a sparrow enter it by tuesday and they give me the code on WENDSDAY i spent nearly 100 dollars on a crappy game with crappy extra content that I didn't even get to use the gameplay mechanics are repetitive the weapon customization is extremely limited and the game is overall crap the fact that is spent so much and got so little leads me to believe this game was created by the devil I wish they let me get a refund but they don't because they want to have baths of money they just can't make enough and the fact that people even bought the expansion is baffling the whole game is a crappy broken game in the multiplay you don't need skill you need a good gun skill is just gone the game is bad bad bad do not buy this game it sucks. Expand
  42. Sep 20, 2015
    This game is the most overrated game I've ever played. It is not 10% complete, and made my Xbox red ring. I'm not joking, I had to get a new Xbox because of this.
  43. Jul 7, 2016
    When the game first came out I could not have been more excited for Bungee was working on this game for years. Yet, to my utter disappointment, the game was incredibly short and I completed it within 24 hours of buying it. The game was simply not complete and was designed to make money. Overall a game with incredible potential that could not have been worse.
  44. Jun 7, 2015
    Another epic fail from Bungie. Not enough matchmaking for most activities. Way too many server issues that cause connection problems. Weapons and AI are unbalanced. Gameplay is extremely monotonous and repetitive. Risks outweigh the rewards. They could do more with the ships and sparrows like add a racing mode with rewards. Felt like it was rushed. RNG is terrible. Very disappointed atAnother epic fail from Bungie. Not enough matchmaking for most activities. Way too many server issues that cause connection problems. Weapons and AI are unbalanced. Gameplay is extremely monotonous and repetitive. Risks outweigh the rewards. They could do more with the ships and sparrows like add a racing mode with rewards. Felt like it was rushed. RNG is terrible. Very disappointed at this Halo knockoff. Unless Bungie fixes this it will never live up to it's expectation. Expand
  45. Sep 9, 2014
    Got it yesterday and loving it so far, the music and visuals are amazing. The story is pretty cool so far, I like the voice acting. The game play is very cool, all the mechanics seem really smooth. Big thumbs up from me.
  46. Oct 12, 2014
    Others have said it best. It has strong foundation, but needs more substance. The gunplay is great, well done, keep up the good work, now just fix the story, bugs and events.
  47. Sep 19, 2014
    I'm a level 21 warlock, and I haven't been able to stop playing this game. It's MMO characteristics are weak, but compared to a standard first person shooter it's amazing. Lots of people complain about how you have to go through the same areas for different missions, but it lets you really know the terrain, instead of not knowing where to go or not really caring about what you're runningI'm a level 21 warlock, and I haven't been able to stop playing this game. It's MMO characteristics are weak, but compared to a standard first person shooter it's amazing. Lots of people complain about how you have to go through the same areas for different missions, but it lets you really know the terrain, instead of not knowing where to go or not really caring about what you're running over. All the secrets you can find are also exciting, and you can sometimes get interesting, powerful, or unique rewards. Speaking of rewards, climbing up the damage and defense ladder works flawlessly in this game. You get a few more damage points and a good "enchantment" on your new weapon, or you can get a gun that's almost the same in statistics, but is under a completely different category, (i.e. a 176 damage sniper or a 176 damage shotgun) and what you choose is decided by your personal play style. The armour isn't all that different at low levels, but when you get above level 10 or so, you can choose whether you want gauntlets that speed up auto-rifle reloads or give a damage boost to pulse-rifles. Even once you get to level 20 and beat the last mission (no spoilers here) there are still better weapons to find and stronger armor to buy, come across or win in The Crucible. Another thing I love about this game is if you're a total completionist (Best stuff, all unique items, etc.) there's always going to be something new to do, like the daily mission, the weekly strike, or The Crucible, and it's a different experience every time. The A.I. is probably the best I've ever seen in any game, and prove an actual challenge sometimes. The best part about this game is, though, that it's always different. The classes provide completely different ways to play the game, along with your own way of taking out everything that moves. You could be a disruptor, heavy, assassin, quickstrike, or sniper. You could choose to work with other players to destroy The Darkness, or unleash your inner light solo. No matter what, becoming legend won't be easy, but it sure will be a lot of fun. Expand
  48. Sep 22, 2014
    If I hadn't played this game to level 20 on my guardian I would have gave a sub 5 review as well, I'm glad I kept playing even tho I was pissed about no proximity chat (lonely) and no on console clan function at all (it's not intuitive going to an app first).

Well guess what...who cares about my earlier complaints, this game is hands down the most addicting thing since black coffee and cigarettes!

I played my first clan strike, found my first legendary weapon all after reaching level 20...anybody that didn't stick it out will be missing out for sure!

Think of working at hitting level 20 as the tutorial...the game starts at level 20!
  49. Sep 12, 2014
    Awful game, deceptive marketing, boring, repetitive gameplay. Don't support developers who seek the easy way out to take your money. It's a shame this is what it has come to.
  50. Nov 8, 2014
    I give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you willI give this game 5 stars but its a overall disappointment. After all the money and time spent on this game, it simple falls short of my expectations. The solo play is not bad but kind of a rip off from borderlands and the multiplayer is simply broken lacking the fundamentals of a true FPS game. I guess the true disappointment is in the multiplayer side of the game. Starting out you will find yourself out-matched by higher level players which truly have a huge advantage. Their are guns that are simple over powered and they are starting weapons which leaves players with the response "if you can't beat them join them".
    The diversity in the weapons is great but again, it leaves the lower levels at a big disadvantage not being able to wield the high level weapons. If that is not enough for you, the perks; higher level players have, can leave low levels at the player mercy. Their is no skill base ranking system that you would expect from a Bungie game, which after 343's attempt at Halo 4, you would almost certainly expect their to be one.

Again not a bad game but not the legacy game we all anticipated!
  51. Dec 13, 2014
    This game is way too over hyped, the mission are short, levelling up is way too easy, yes the gun play and A.I. is pretty good but that doesn't fully compensate for a disappointing 'freemium' game.
  52. Jan 10, 2015
    Well not being as good as I expected, because MMO and FPS games are my two favorite genres, it does bring good gunplay and a fun time trying to get the best guns before your friends. There is not much content, the story is extremely lacking, and the endgame is repetitive, and the loot system would greatly be complemented by trading when trading isn't in the game, Destiny is still a greatWell not being as good as I expected, because MMO and FPS games are my two favorite genres, it does bring good gunplay and a fun time trying to get the best guns before your friends. There is not much content, the story is extremely lacking, and the endgame is repetitive, and the loot system would greatly be complemented by trading when trading isn't in the game, Destiny is still a great experience.

Regarding trading again, I am hoping beyond hope that it is implemented in the upcoming Comet DLC, which looks to add a whole base game's worth of content. And regarding DLC, yes, the story was butchered up into DLC for you to buy later.

The multiplayer is a fun experience, but if you're a low level you will probably get destroyed. It also suffers because it doesn't have enough different game modes for it to stay fresh and enjoyable. Also shotguns and fusion rifles are overpowered because Destiny's maps are very compact and also aren't big enough to complement guns like sniper rifles, pulse rifles, and scout rifles.

The end game content is not enough to satisfy me. Also, the weekly reset is an extremely broken mechanic. If you have more than 6 friends who have the game, you might have to do a difficult raid or strike and get nothing in return, because you can only do the Weekly Heroic, Weekly Nightfall, and 2 raids (as of now) once a week each. If you could get decreased loot instead of none at all it would greatly increase this mechanic.

All in all, Destiny is a heap of wasted potential. It could have been an amazing game, but bad story telling combined with repetitive gameplay and greedy developers, Destiny isn't going to make many Top Ten Games of 2014 Lists.

Also for anyone wondering or hardcore fanboys who think I'm a Destiny Noob, I am a level 31 in Destiny, one level away from the current level cap.
  53. Jun 29, 2015
    This game could have been great but then came the dlc and then more dlc and more. Then the partnerships with other companies. To top it all off the story was once much better than the repetitive crap that is in the game now.
    Bungie, I expected greater from you.
    Activision, stop ruining games to maximize profits.
  54. Sep 18, 2014
    Massive grinding, lack of story atmosphere/direction/suspense/narration/explanation, needs DLC to continue storyline, pointless third person gathering place, long loading times, separate multiplayer leveling/weapons, redundant environments & repetitive optional events/missions, press button a / defend place b / kill all enemies of type c
  55. Sep 13, 2014
    The first red flag is all the big game reviewers didn’t post day 1 reviews of this game calming it’s to big to review in 1 day. Bull crap. This game can be beaten in less then 24 hours and there is nothing complicated about it or ground breaking. What they are really saying is “this game isn’t as good as the hype”

Played the beta, for a beta test it was decent, showed a lot of hope for

Played the beta, for a beta test it was decent, showed a lot of hope for the actual title. Not enough for me to buy the game new however, managed to find a used copy the day after release. Turns out, the beta test was the actual game with it’s below average graphics, low frame rate, poor resolution, the whole smack. Copy and paste COD ghosts graphics engine with titanfall laziness and watchdogs marketing hype machine and tada! destiny on the 360. mw2, mass effect 2, skyrim, gta5 even borderlands 2.. look better. The maps are dead and lifeless, no sole are heart put into drawing them as the marketing would have you think there is. Mass effect 2 curb stomps this game in map settings and visual effects.

For a MMO, as bungie braggs endlessly this game is, it’s solitary experience if your casual like me with few friends who live on video games. You see far more people in a 16 player lobby in GTA online. There is almost no co-op matchmaking to speak of for story missions. There is zero communication features, no chat, no proximity voice or lobby chat, you can point and wave, and if you manage to get into a fire time of a max of 3 people compared to borderlands 4 you can only voice talk to those 2 other people. If you see someone randomly in town or on a mission your best bet to communicate is xbox live message if your fast enough. Even then most people will ignore you or say no to mission invites.

if your lucky enough to actually run into another person around the same level as you in the same part of the map 90% of the time they will ignore fire team requests. Have a friend you can count on if you wanna play with other people. Which beings me to my next point, playing this game solo is boring.

The opening missions set the tone for what this franchise is going to be, uncomplicated, overly simple and over drawn out (Like the last 2 harry potter movies) and REPETITIVE, just about every mission is wave defense. as the voice for the traveler will say, “I could tell you about the darkness” I could tell you about the great battle with the darkness and the traveler”, “I could tell you how the traveler arrived on earth” “I could tell you how the human race was great and powerful after the traveler arrived, but I wont”

this plot is the most un-engaging story of all time. There is no hero like master chief to connect with and associate bad assness with. your nameless guardian isn’t given any in-game special treatment to give him the hero status, he’s a nobody no one cares about. The main story missions are side stories having little or nothing to do with this great darkness that destroyed everything or the traveler. Im level 17 almost done with the story and I know as much about the plot as I did when they first announced destiny over 2 years ago. But we do have bad robots, replica fore runner look-alikes from halo 4 and some big round guys strait out of 90’s film the 5th element.

The good. Destiny’s leveling system is solid, lots of guns and upgrading. this is the best part of the game by far. It’s very rewarding to reach a new level and upgrade your guardian. Lots of gear however not as diverse as borderlands. We have tiny ships that have warp speed and teleport but we still are using bullets and gun powder, sorry Gene Roddenberry.

Pvp… haven’t played it but since I’m burnt out on mp fps shooters like cod and bf I doubt a futuristic version where everyone has a push-to-win button by the same publisher will offer anything new, nothing about destiny hasn’t been done on PC’s on a far bigger scale 10 years ago and still looked better then this does on current gen or next gen consoles.

The main reason I playing this game is I’m bored of everything else. I have no desire to level my guardian or finish the game but since I got nothing else going on I will. Bungie is set test everyone’s patience. Spoon feed us plot at a snails pace till we are so bored of what they have given us they will give another few bred crumbs with over price paid DLC and future sequels. I have a feeling if they had taken everything they plan to do with destiny 2 and 3 and all mumbo jumbo dlc and cram it all into this first title this would probably be a decent game, but it’s below average as is.

Rent it, barrow it, buy it used. Don’t get it new. Wait for the story to develop more later on when it might actually be interesting.
  56. Sep 9, 2014
    This games saving grace is the campaign which is fairly unusual for a shooter, aside from some well hidden high ranking enemies you may accidentally stumble across while still under level 10 (I came across some of them at level 5 be warned one shot and you're dead) it's a fairly easy going experience even on hard difficulty. The enemies are not very challenging and as long as you aren'tThis games saving grace is the campaign which is fairly unusual for a shooter, aside from some well hidden high ranking enemies you may accidentally stumble across while still under level 10 (I came across some of them at level 5 be warned one shot and you're dead) it's a fairly easy going experience even on hard difficulty. The enemies are not very challenging and as long as you aren't hip firing the game will guide your reticule towards your enemies head. The AI doesn't seem too advanced for the most part enemies either come straight at you or duck behind cover in both scenarios they die quickly. The atmosphere is almost spooky at times resembling an Alien film and being rushed by half a dozen mutants in the dark is definitely fun. In all so far I'd say the most fun was pressing the right button on the DPad and having a dance off at the tower. Which probably says a lot come to think of it.

Now the MP. Not only do you have to unlock this feature but you then have to unlock game modes within it as you go. Level 5 Unlocks the first mode but I wouldn't advise going in there at that level unless you want to be destroyed repeatedly by higher level players. As far as the way it plays it's basically halo with mass effect (the original mass effect) powers in a PVP scenario, which isn't a good thing. Heavy weapon drops, campers with high powered weapons a few vehicles and well you've probably played halo before so there's no need to explain.

Random messages from randoms kids sending requests for you to join their clan people dropping out it's the same old same from Bungie on this one the only difference is you'll need to pay for an XBL subscription to play it and there really isn't a good reason for why that is btw.
  57. Oct 25, 2014
    I'm not sure where the fanfare for this game comes from, they could have just been more honest and titled it "Call of Destiny: Space Ops". There is NO content to the game, none, storyline is sparse and the little bit that is there is completely uninspired. There are five strikes, of which, depending on the day of the week you'll only be getting one, over and over from the weekly heroic andI'm not sure where the fanfare for this game comes from, they could have just been more honest and titled it "Call of Destiny: Space Ops". There is NO content to the game, none, storyline is sparse and the little bit that is there is completely uninspired. There are five strikes, of which, depending on the day of the week you'll only be getting one, over and over from the weekly heroic and strike playlists. Gear drops are terrible, I mean terrible, and the grind to get gear is almost as bad as vanilla wow's pvp ranking and armor system in terms of grinding. You want to buy some purple gear? Enjoy 2-3 weeks of grinding the ish out of quests ("bounties") and running strike playlists, or live in the Crucible, which is their "arena" if you will, until you have enough rank to open the option to buy gear... THEN you have grind further to get coins from the aforementioned methods to buy said gear. After that, maybe you'll meet up with Xir and get some legendaries, at which point if you haven't come to hate the gear upgrade system already you''ll really start to for sure.

It's a garbage game, which the pacing of a j-rpg title from more than 20 years ago. You should avoid it at all costs.
  58. Aug 31, 2015
    I've enjoyed the game, PvE is great as far as im concerned however, PvP is absolutely rubbish. Very unbalanced, on the crucible is even says level advantage disabled though higher levels have more perks, and weapons with more perks so therefore there is still a disadvantage for lower levels. Weapons are extremely over or under powerful, there is no middle ground.
  59. Sep 9, 2014
    It seems a poor man's Borderlands 2, without the loot fun and the RPGish elements. Friends who got the game also spoke of disappointment, though the multiplayer has got some nice aspects to it.
  60. Sep 10, 2014
    The hype for this game definitely was of such proportions. The game doesn't stand a chance to live up to it. The missions are a disaster. They are all similar for example.
  61. Nov 29, 2014
    The most overrated, **** and plain out worst game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Sep 16, 2014
    Destiny is a truly remarkable achievement. I'm an old MMORPG gamer, Ultima Online and World of Warcraft with a few years spent playing Eve Online too, but I am a fairly casual shooter gamer. Enjoyed Borderlands but never really got into the BF and COD side.

Destiny in my mind is the perfect hybrid, and we shouldn't try and compare it with anything else because it won't be fair. This

This is a exceptional game and a wonderful achievement. A rare gem and the most fun I have had gaming in years!
  63. Nov 22, 2014
    To say I do not like the game would be wrong. I do like the game however you are basically forced into replaying the game over and over. This is something I am not a fan of, it is rare I will replay a game. I have put a total of 5 days game play in and like many others I found the game far too repetitive. The multi player crucible falls very short of what you would expect with many gamesTo say I do not like the game would be wrong. I do like the game however you are basically forced into replaying the game over and over. This is something I am not a fan of, it is rare I will replay a game. I have put a total of 5 days game play in and like many others I found the game far too repetitive. The multi player crucible falls very short of what you would expect with many games being laggy and when you are not lagging yourself you can tell the other players are suffering from lag.

The game in short was released incomplete and it shows after completing the campaign. The more you play the more the holes show. Not enough content, broken loot system, no in game comms, no looking for group in game. I would recommend giving it a miss if you are undecided. I can not see the 10 year plan for the game working as the start is just not good enough a AAA title it is not.
  64. Jan 4, 2015
    I've found this game boring. Boring PvP, boring endless PvE, gathering loot is extreme pain. No story.. ..NO STORY AT ALL. I've played WoW for few years with no problems with grinding, but here, it just hurts. But nice graphics, considering it's a X360 version.
  65. Jan 22, 2015
    This is really a pretty terrible game. It is beautiful and the gameplay is pretty entertaining at first, but it quickly becomes super repetitive. After hours of play you start to realize that the only reason you are playing is so that you can find better gear. You will spend hours replaying the same exact missions over and over in the slim hope that you will find a sweet gun.

I finally

I finally put down the controller when I realized that I was trying to find better gear for multiplayer and realized that I didn't even like playing multiplayer. Back to COD for me, in my mind the only multiplayer FPS worth playing.
  66. Apr 16, 2015
    I give this game 10/10 because its an addictive, i really enjoy playing it, Is not a perfect game but its so close it's scary, It's kinda repetitive in some ways but that doesn't bother me, The story missions were fun for me and the PVP was great, The actual story flew past me, it made little sense for the most part and by the end of the last mission I had no idea why I was shooting theI give this game 10/10 because its an addictive, i really enjoy playing it, Is not a perfect game but its so close it's scary, It's kinda repetitive in some ways but that doesn't bother me, The story missions were fun for me and the PVP was great, The actual story flew past me, it made little sense for the most part and by the end of the last mission I had no idea why I was shooting the aliens, but playing through the missions was quite enjoyable and the rate of leveling worked very well but by the end of the campaign it had all made sense and i loved it it. Expand
  67. May 17, 2015
    This game is so so. The story is really lacking and disjointed. I think the thing that gets me the most is how PVP is ridiculously unbalanced. Yes, I know, only some game options are completely unbalanced, but still others suffer. There is not an option where everyone has the same or similar load out and similar powers. You have to play the game like crazy to get enough levels to buyThis game is so so. The story is really lacking and disjointed. I think the thing that gets me the most is how PVP is ridiculously unbalanced. Yes, I know, only some game options are completely unbalanced, but still others suffer. There is not an option where everyone has the same or similar load out and similar powers. You have to play the game like crazy to get enough levels to buy the good weapons and armor and then I guess it's great but realistically, that shouldn't be the case. Give me a good game of Halo. I know my opponent most likely has a similar weapon load out and similar powers. Destiny, not the case. If you like a game where you live for 15 seconds and maybe pick up 1 or 2 kills (or none) then this might work for you. Really disappointed after all the hype. Expand
  68. Aug 16, 2015
    It is a complete deception, it's boring, repetitive and it has no content. The campaing doesn't solve anything in the "story" and the online servers are terrible.

Save your money and don't buy this terrible game.
  69. Feb 13, 2017
    Pros-
    Very fun
    Online game Campaign, Strikes, and Crucible Challenging Separate DLC’s you can buy to get cooler gear and more experience Amazing graphics Custom character Cons- If the internet connection isn’t very good it may kick you out of your current mission and send you into orbit Since Destiny no longer supports Xbox 360, if you get an exotic weapon, it’ll be trash
    Pros-
    Very fun
    Online game
    Campaign, Strikes, and Crucible
    Challenging
    Separate DLC’s you can buy to get cooler gear and more experience
    Amazing graphics
    Custom character

Cons-

“Destiny” is a game where you fight aliens and save the universe, that kind of thing. This game was created by BUNGIE and Activision. This video game is rated T because of the animated blood and violence. Honestly, you don’t see much blood at all. “Destiny” is an online game, so if you don’t have xbox live, you won’t be able to play it. This game costs around $30.
    At the beginning of the game your first time playing, you’ll customize the look of your personal character. First you get to choose your class; warlock, titan, or hunter. Warlocks use magic, titans are the heavy hitters or “tanks” as I like to call them, and hunters are basically the stealthy ninjas of the game. After you choose your class, you get to choose your gender, and then you pick what race you want to be; humans, awoken(cool looking aliens), or exos(basically robots). Once done with that, you can choose features like skin color, eye color, hair, and other things. You can create up to three characters, but I just stick with one because I feel like it.
    The campaign is pretty tough for first-timers, and there are some tough bosses. Some of these aliens such as thralls, attack in herds and are tough when you face all of them at once. When facing thralls, shoot when they’re at a distance, and use your melee weapon when they’re next to you, that way you don’t waste bullets. Thralls don’t shoot guns, they just come at you with their sharp claws and attack when they’re right next to you. I hate thralls. As you level up, the missions will get harder and you’ll be pitted against tougher types of aliens.
    Other than the campaign, you can go on Strikes and play in Crucible. Strikes are missions with their own tough boss that have a reward, and you can go on them whenever you want. Just a warning though, strikes are NOT easy. Another thing about strikes is that you go with a team, so you aren’t doing this alone. Crucible matches are online games that you can join where it’s either everyone against everyone or teams against each other for just the purpose of the match or to capture the zones in some. The capture the zones ones are my favorite.
    If you like the game and want more, there are DLC’s such as “The Taken King”, “Dark Below”, “House of Wolves”, and “Rise of Iron”. I have “The Taken King” and really enjoy it. In “The Taken King” you get to fight a really tough boss, and unlock new items, subclasses, and more. It costed around 20 to 25 dollars. You can get “The Taken King” as a completely separate game though, if you don’t want to buy “Destiny” and then get the DLC.
    I’d rate “Destiny” a 9/10 stars, because I really enjoy the game, the graphics are amazing, and the game keeps you interested. The only reason I’m not rating this a 10 star game is due to the fact that “Destiny” is no longer supported on xbox 360 and you don’t get any more good weapons and gear unless you buy a DLC, which I don’t appreciate. Other than that, “Destiny” is an amazing game and I recommend it to all gamers from age 10 maybe and older. This game is truly, awesome.
  70. Sep 10, 2014
    I have been playing Destiny for the last 2 days and have to say that I am really enjoying the experience. It is unfortunate to see so many trolls looking to do nothing but bash this game. I wonder what it takes to please some of these people.

The presentation is top notch and the game transitions seamlessly from menu to menu and location to location. The game draws inspiration from Halo, Borderlands, Call of Duty, and Mass Effect and manages to harmoniously bring all the features together to make a very solid and balanced game. For me, the art direction looks like a cross between Halo and Mass Effect. There are open environments a la Borderlands to explore and loot with your friends. The music is well done and the ambient sounds really help to differentiate each location and add to the experience. The guns sound great up close and even from across the map, hearing the echo of battle is exciting.

The RPG elements are nicely implemented but not overly complex. The skill trees are more like perk trees effecting grenade types, explosion ratings, and etc. The most addicted part of the game for me is the player cosmetic customization. You are rewarded with new outfit parts after each mission, after multiplayer games, in loot boxes, and they are also dropped by downed enemies. Some rare types of clothing can even by upgraded in and of themselves.

The controls are silky smooth. I was able to switch to a Call of Duty control scheme so I was right at home as soon as I popped in the disc. The different gun types are fun but so far there does not appear to be a vast array of them, much less dynamic and creative than Borderlands. However, the precision and movement in this game is just as smooth as any Halo game out there. The enemies are intelligent enough, hiding and flanking when need be. There appears to be a good amount of enemy types so far and hopefully I will keep running into bigger and badder bosses.

Online you can coop missions with your friends or play competitive multiplayer. If you don't have any friends to play with don't expect fellow travelers to help you as every group is pretty much doing their own thing. I have only played Team Deathmatch and Control modes so I may be wrong and saying that there does not appear to be a huge amount of modes at this time. That is fine with me as I have never gotten into the overly obscure modes anyway. I have noticed little to no lag which, considering that it was just released, is a big achievement for Bungie. Also, all the powers, grenade types, maps, weapons, and level matchmaking appear to be well balanced, again showing the level of expertise by Bungie.

The large environments are nice but it is annoying to start at the same corner of the map and have to walk/run/drive to the other side of the map to complete missions every time. I was looking for a little more to set each environment apart. Sure the architecture is different, but the enemies and strategies are all the same. I thought maybe the physics would be different on the moon but that might have hurt the flow of combat. I have not run into any weather effects to write home about. One of the largest problems I have with the game is the lore and story telling. At no time do I feel the desperation of humanity and the visitor. There is a still scene of a city below the Guardian tower but that is it. The AI-Cortana wanna-be "Ghost" finds you in the beginning finds you and says, "there you are, you have no idea how long I have been looking for you?!" Apparently I have been hiding in the trunk of an old car for thousands of years? The enemies look great but I cannot differentiate them from the Covenant. I didn't even realize I was fighting a different race until my achievements starting appearing on screen. I still have no idea what the difference between the Fallen and...whatever the others are called are. All races pretty much fight the same: typical soldiers that hide behind things, weak/fast cannon fodder units, well armored mortar units, snipers that are cloaked, and fast moving flying units. My Ghost told me he would tell me why the world is so different from a thousand+ years ago but he hasn't...yet...after approximately 20hrs of gameplay. The missions are pretty run of the mill and do get a little repetitive, although ranking up helps away a lot of the grind. The story missions are a little more creative and complex but are still, "wait, they are building up an army and planning to attack Earth!" Been there done that. Maybe getting into some deeper scientific concepts such as in Halo would hold the gamer's interest a bit more.

Overall a really great game. I love the presentation and art/music direction. The game plays very smoothly and feels great. I have not noticed any significant lag. Competitive multiplayer is well balanced, fast, and very fun. There is a lot of customization and ranking up which will keep players occupied for a long time.
  71. Sep 9, 2014
    it is a great game specially if you have friends. the controls feels nice and tight and the graphics are pretty clean. it has 3 awesome class to choose from with very deep customization definitely a lot better on next when compared to ps3/360
  72. Sep 10, 2014
    One of the greatest games I have played in recent years, Bungie never ceases to amaze me! I don't see why this game has received so much hate from other users, it's a fun game and I highly recommend playing it.
  73. Sep 17, 2014
    I had reservations about buying Destiny due to the way Bungle was trying to manage the release (particularly asking for no pre-release reviews), but let my experience with 5 of their 6 Halo titles (I never played Halo Wars, the game Bungie intended Halo to be)make the decision for me. And I'm sorry about that, because the campaign and multiplayer can both easily be summed up with aI had reservations about buying Destiny due to the way Bungle was trying to manage the release (particularly asking for no pre-release reviews), but let my experience with 5 of their 6 Halo titles (I never played Halo Wars, the game Bungie intended Halo to be)make the decision for me. And I'm sorry about that, because the campaign and multiplayer can both easily be summed up with a single word.
    For the campaign that word is "boring." It's ridiculously repetitive with no depth whatsoever. Mainly you have a second rate 343 guilt spark telling you to go to [some place] and shoot [some enemy]. The 4 factions that oppose you are hardly described, but that's fine because the game fails to tell you what makes them enemies anyway.
    Sadly, the campaign is the better part of the game, because the word for multiplayer would be "poor." Not poor because it's unbalanced (which it is, horribly) but because the gameservers are bad. At first I thought it was because of the unbalanced weapons, classes and levels, but I learned differently when,after gaining better weapons and armor and several levels, I put my last shotgun round into the back of another player's head and followed with a quick melee before reloading. The reload prevented me from doing anything useful when he spun and took me out with a weak gun, right before dying himself. From my melee. My connection isn't great, but this is exactly the sort of thing gameservers should prevent. It's bad enough that one class has a huge disadvantage to the other two (and one is clearly the best for multiplayer) that some weapons are horribly overpowered for the multiplayer environment, and that even though it's clearly stated "level bonuses removed" when higher level guns and armor are still much, much higher (plus the skill tree remains fully developed), but if the only thing the gameservers are doing is preventing one single player from having an advantage over everyone else in a match (and not resolving timing issues, splash damage, etc) then Activision is wasting money.
    There's another part to the game, the daily and weekly challenges, but they're nothing more than campaign missions with greater available difficulties.
    The only positive for Destiny is that Bungie largely recycled the gameplay that was characteristic of Halo (right down to the sections filled with brutes and jackal snipers). I loved Halo 3, but can't say the same for Halo 3 out of 10.
  74. Sep 21, 2014
    If you look at it as just a game, you may be disappointed, because that's not what it was made to be.

Destiny, if you let it, will fully immerse you into a distant future, with Humanity on the brink of destruction. It has beautiful worlds to explore, fighting to claim what was once ours, and bringing us closer to a new golden age. While the story is not well explained through missions and cut-scenes, every fight you participate in and every discovery you make uncovers more of what has occurred while you were dead.

These pieces are called Grimoire Cards. As you unlock them and continue to build upon your knowledge of their topics, you increase your Grimoire Score, showing off how much you know about this world and giving benefits to your future endeavors. These cards contain the back-stories of everything you encounter in the game, and can be read from Bungie's website, or on their app.

The three classes you play as weren't meant so much to bring drastic differences in game-play, but to more fully represent who you want to be in this world. Each of these three classes also has two subclasses with unique skill trees, furthering your customization options to help you discover the power that has kept humanity intact for so many years.
    Working together with other classes greatly increases what your team is capable of, and is necessary for some of the hardest experiences you'll ever face, raids.

While I can't deny that there are many things that could be done better, no other game I've played has ever come close to what this game already is. And Bungie is adding new challenges and goals as those in the universe become ready for them.

This isn't a game, its your story as you become a legend.
  75. Oct 3, 2014
    About me: I play FPS, MMO's, RPG's, and RTS

About me: I play FPS, MMO's, RPG's, and RTS

I was very disappointed. The loot system is horrible ( there is so much RNG and anything not related to RNG has massive rep and high currency cost which in and of it-self is limited weekly, boss's dont drop loot ), the story is short and unimaginative( not going to go into in so as not to spoil but just know it feels like someone's first year in a high school creative writing class made it ), communication with party members is harder then it needs to be ( this is suppose to be a MMO it should not take a arm and a leg to group and there should be open communication , ya know that thing that makes MMO's possible ), its no where near as Open as it claims to be ( the same area's are used over and over and over again, along with the same missions ) and finally PVP is the worst I have seen in a long time ( at "max" level you can unload in someone and they can stare at you hard and kill you because there have wayyyyy better weapons ) all in all this game was very disappointing and I dont see myself playing it anymore.
  76. Oct 20, 2014
    I can't see why people hate Destiny so much, I guess since I don't follow gaming news as much recently I wasn't too hyped up about the game pre-launch. I played the beta since it looked like a halo rpg and I liked it: The story missions were fun (for me) and the PVP was great! I got the game within a week of launch and played the story first (as with most games I play). I feel like theI can't see why people hate Destiny so much, I guess since I don't follow gaming news as much recently I wasn't too hyped up about the game pre-launch. I played the beta since it looked like a halo rpg and I liked it: The story missions were fun (for me) and the PVP was great! I got the game within a week of launch and played the story first (as with most games I play). I feel like the story is the weakest aspect of Destiny, the missions are fun with a fairly good pace until the end which turns into a slightly more wave based system (kill all enemies, more come, repeat). The actual story flew past me, it made little sense for the most part and by the end of the last mission I had no idea why I was shooting the aliens, but playing through the missions was quite enjoyable and the rate of levelling worked very well. I also liked the drop system, it wasn't as frequent as some games and at first the range of guns seemed very limited but after an hour or two there were much more variants of the same guns which had nice changes. The uncommon and upward items (green and blue mainly) were probably the best feature of the single player. They allow for upgrades as they gain xp (such as different scopes for weapons of faster reloads with a weapon type for some armour) which work very well, allowing a gun to be adapted for shorter or longer range etc. The only issue I had was the fact that finding an encrypted item meant traveling back to the main hub which meant became tedious after a while, After the story and experimenting around with the loot, I played the strike missions which I found to be better than the campaign missions. A group of guardians play through a co-op mission with a similar structure as the single player ones, but with a much tougher boss at the end which requires much more firepower to take down and much more tactics. The main feature I found the be helpful was the ability to revive others especially when against the boss. The loot at the end is good too, as is the loot throughout. The feature I prefer most is the PvP. No matter your armour or gun rating, they all balance out for all players. This makes matches much more skill based as opposed to a game where the best gun wins (single player weapons and armour are used in PVP). The maps are good, with both a mix of long range sniping points and close quarter combat. The ammo drop system is also really well done. Special ammo is not as readily available as standard ammo, and the ammo used in LMG's and RPG's are very scarce, making games much more balanced.
    The story might be a bit naff, but the missions are fun to play through and the variety of content outside of the story more than makes up for the poor story telling.
  77. Nov 17, 2014
    Destiny is a good game, I recommend that if you want this game you buy it when the price lowers. (Not worth $60) . Destiny tried doing something new for the next gen consoles but, I honestly think they could have done better. Yes, they are adding DLC to add to the game ($30). Also they RIP OFF XBOX GAMERS. PlayStation 3 and PS4 are able to purchase the DLC a WHOLE YEAR earlier than xbox.Destiny is a good game, I recommend that if you want this game you buy it when the price lowers. (Not worth $60) . Destiny tried doing something new for the next gen consoles but, I honestly think they could have done better. Yes, they are adding DLC to add to the game ($30). Also they RIP OFF XBOX GAMERS. PlayStation 3 and PS4 are able to purchase the DLC a WHOLE YEAR earlier than xbox. IF you buy this game buy it for the playstation 3 or playsation 4. or be happy with one less raid and missing content on the xbox 360 and Xbox one. Expand
  78. Nov 23, 2014
    I love destiny. The big thing that I see a great number of people say is that there's no story to it or there's no content. Keep in mind that the game just came out and its the first of its kind. We have to wait and see what they do with it. After all when we first saw trailers for Destiny Bungie said it was a story ten years in the making. This means that they plan to change and evolve itI love destiny. The big thing that I see a great number of people say is that there's no story to it or there's no content. Keep in mind that the game just came out and its the first of its kind. We have to wait and see what they do with it. After all when we first saw trailers for Destiny Bungie said it was a story ten years in the making. This means that they plan to change and evolve it as time passes. All we have to do is wait and be patient and not expect it to have EVERYTHING. We just have to wait. I personally don't want them to rush and bring out crappy content. I want to be blown away with new content. Everyone who says the main story is boring well that is fine, the biggest thing about the story is the story. Maybe it is because of all the reading I have done or because I was raised on Star Trek, but I love the story and discovering the golden space fairing age of humanity. Expand
  79. Aug 15, 2015
    Only reason I left 2 points is for the graphics and the concept.
    For me it's downfalls are the following,
    Only reason I left 2 points is for the graphics and the concept.
    For me it's downfalls are the following,
    1; no standalone, whilst forgivable any kind of interruption with Xbox live connection will force you to restart instance no matter if this is seconds rather than minutes. Also given the huge melee attacks and your chars difficulty in defending or providing any substantial offence, dying is an inevitability ( no issue there thats how people learn ) but respawning each time at the start again, makes this game tiresome.
    2: NPC interaction, awful it's like it was thrown together at the last minute as an after thought as there is little to no interaction leaving you wondering what you're doing in game and for what overall purpose. This for me prevented any kind of linking to the char I played and I've tried Titan Hunter and Lock, still same result.
    I'd list more issues or review it high end but to be honest this is one of the games that's going back on the shelf and I've given it around 20hrs playtime and with that kind of time, I'd of connected with it by now as opposed to wishing I'd not bothered in the first place.
    So to sum this game up in one phrase, like the other reviews I'd say Majorly Over Hyped.
  80. Nov 29, 2015
    Honestly the worst video game I've ever played, bungled-vision put out an imcomplete, minimally viable product. The absence of content leaves the game so empty that young kids are slipping into a sunk cost fallacy, throwing money at the screen, expecting it to get better but it never will, its designed that way, not the game's design(which is horrendous) but the way the company isHonestly the worst video game I've ever played, bungled-vision put out an imcomplete, minimally viable product. The absence of content leaves the game so empty that young kids are slipping into a sunk cost fallacy, throwing money at the screen, expecting it to get better but it never will, its designed that way, not the game's design(which is horrendous) but the way the company is designed, they had the game being built and written for years and 9months before release jason jones and luke smith decide to cut it back and resell the same small part for the next few years. So many better games out there, that are worth the money Expand
  81. Sep 29, 2014
    Just going to get right into it here. Pros and Cons, that simple. And yes, I've played all three classes, every mission, every gametype, with probably 50+ hrs of gameplay.

Pros -Excellent gunplay and movement mechanics. Feels very fluid. -Beautiful display, gameworld, and scenery. -Excellent PvP capabilities, although I feel it could use more additions. -The armor and weapon upgrade

Pros
    -Excellent gunplay and movement mechanics. Feels very fluid.
    -Beautiful display, gameworld, and scenery.
    -Excellent PvP capabilities, although I feel it could use more additions.
    -The armor and weapon upgrade system is well thought. It feels like you're getting somewhere with that gun. (though that's about all the progression you get)
    -All of the audio and it's immersion works great, and it's there when it should be.

Cons
    -Feels like a 20% effort was put into the story.
    -Balancing issues for EVERYTHING; Particular class abilities that are OP, or ones that are UP, the horrendous RNG and loot drop system, and weapon rebalance issues.
    -Almost everything begins to feel like a grind, and not even just past lvl. 20. You don't feel like you're progressing with anything.
    -The mission variety is laughable. Really? Sit and defend against 3 waves while your ghost does his work is a drag.
    -No in-game chat, but I was never a fan of that anyway.
  82. Sep 9, 2014
    Having played this game for about 4 hrs I can say Iv'e mostly enjoyed it so far. A great idea with some original gameplay ideas thrown in but its lacking a bit in its execution. Its a story full of potential but its lacking the depth and richness that its title demands. I read somewhere that Activion has invested 500 Million dollars on this title, that kinda money should at least give usHaving played this game for about 4 hrs I can say Iv'e mostly enjoyed it so far. A great idea with some original gameplay ideas thrown in but its lacking a bit in its execution. Its a story full of potential but its lacking the depth and richness that its title demands. I read somewhere that Activion has invested 500 Million dollars on this title, that kinda money should at least give us something on par with GTA V, but sadly its not as exciting. To be fair though I think the huge hype has given this game a bit of a false start, its actually fun to play and some moments take me back to when I first played the original Halo. The mechanics are fluid and also feel more like Halo than say BF3 or COD. On the downside the graphics are a bit dated on the Xbox 360 I now wish I had an Xbone more than ever but I still refuse to buy one because my games collection wont be backwards compatible. Greedy Microsoft!
    Now the story also feels to me like a futuristic version of Skyrim with guns and spaceships. After the initial excitment, dare I say, it felt a little repetitive. I find myself continually trapped in some dark room again firing at hordes of Fallen Aliens, hoping that soon I will defeat them so I can move on and just look at the gorgeous outdoor scenery once more, do some more double jumping and ride those Star Wars inspired vehicles. Also I was hoping it would feel more open world but its actually quite linear. The coop mode was fun but similar to the story mode, just more shooting aliens (in dark rooms) but made more exciting in teams of three. Coop mode could do with some text communication too because i dont use a head set and dancing doesnt really help your teammate when they've got an Alien Sniper pointed at them. All in all, I do like it for all its faults, its not a bad game to have on the shelf for those moments when you feel like shooting some Aliens with an assault rifle. For now Its early days and I want to see how it plays over the next few weeks and fingers crossed I can find a few more welcome surprises.
  83. Sep 10, 2014
    I'm not sure why people are hating on this game. I bought it yesterday and played online for about 4 hours last night and did not want to turn it off. I'm assuming people have unrealistic expectations due to all the marketing that coincided with its release so they are being extra hard on it. The game is a great fps and offers bits and pieces of a RPG experience and elements that not tooI'm not sure why people are hating on this game. I bought it yesterday and played online for about 4 hours last night and did not want to turn it off. I'm assuming people have unrealistic expectations due to all the marketing that coincided with its release so they are being extra hard on it. The game is a great fps and offers bits and pieces of a RPG experience and elements that not too many other games have. For example my cousin and I were in the middle of a level when we saw other people battling it out and went over and helped revive a few players and helped them defeat a difficult part of the level. That was a really cool experience to just see random people on the same level you are playing and have them be able to help you if they want, or continue to do their own thing. There was no dependence on making us join with them, its all choice. The action is intense, there were dark areas where the aliens started coming at us and we were jumping and freaking out. I just can't fathom that someone would not enjoy this game.. if they seriously think this game doesn't have anything to offer maybe they should get into game development themselves because if they can outdo the premise of this game I will be first in line to buy it. Overall I'm very satisfied with this. I mean its $60, I remember paying $50 for Nintendo games that I would beat in 25 minutes like Jackal. Anyway, if you like FPS games and playing online coops then this is the game for you. Expand
  84. Sep 9, 2014
    I love destiny! I mean you could tell they spent 500 million dollars on this game because the details are spectacular and also the campaign isn't the best but online it's very fun!
  85. Sep 10, 2014
    literally one of the worst games i've ever played. It's 2014. This game feels like it came out 10 years ago. 30fps, no characters, story line is crappy, MP is just Halo, no PC version, repetitive as **** I can't believe Bungie released a game like this. It tries to hard to be the next innovative top tier game but falls flat on its face. Nothing is memorable about this game.
  86. Sep 10, 2014
    If you play this game how it was meant to be played (with friends) it's awesome! I will say though that Bungie set themselves up for harsh criticism with the way they marketed the game. Nothing could ever live up to that amount of hype...
  87. Sep 10, 2014
    Looks nice, but it's a poor version of Halo, designed to be an MMO (of sorts) but lacking the key feature of an MMO - the social experience.

Story is VERY short, even by FPS standards. I was three quarters of the way through when I had to stop and think about what my character's purpose was, there's nothing gripping that demands your attention. The characters are terribly dull too.

Strikes are PVE matchmaking dungeons and are probably the best part of this game, but they suffer from not being able to communicate with those you're running the strike with (unless partied up over Xbox Live beforehand). There's no matchmaking for other missions at all and you can't communicate with other players in the central tower, which they ironically describe as a "social hub."

Missions are all the same pretty much - walk somewhere, deploy ghost, shoot stuff while it struggles to break through the system. I didn't mind this too much personally, but it'd have been better if it was like Borderlands and you could use matchmaking to liven things up.

The "open world" sidequests - Firstly, this is no Elder Scrolls or Borderlands, each planet is a fairly small sandbox environment with constantly respawning enemies. The environments look incredible, but there's not much going on in them and the sidequests don't help matters. Every MMO suffers from the same issue in fairness, they're always 'kill X amount of Y' or 'go to this marker and click A' and Destiny doesn't stray from that. If anything, they somehow seem more boring than they do in other games, mostly because they don't serve any great purpose.

The PVP is Halo, basically. And that's no bad thing in my book. It's when this game meets Halo that it's at its strongest - the refined shooter mechanics are Halo, the guns are Halo, the enemies are Halo, the environments and vehicles all feel very Halo too. But there's nothing new here. It was billed as an FPS with a living, breathing world, but when you can't talk to anyone nearby, it doesn't feel alive, it feels dead and lonely, when enemies respawn every 30 seconds in the exact same place, nothing feels random and when you've spent 30 seconds on a loading screen so you can enter the (un)social hub to watch a load of mutes run between the same two vendors you're heading to, the immersion developers so often talk about is completely lost.
  88. Sep 11, 2014
    Having played quite a few missions and levelled my character up to 6, I was starting to think: is this it? I got chills thinking about wasting so much money on this.
  89. Sep 11, 2014
    Ok guys i'm gonna be brutally honest. I used to be a massive gamer but don’t get sucked into games that easy these days, it takes something very special to get my attention or very challenging. I’ve been playing Destiny the last couple of days on the 360 and be staying up until 1am when i’ve had work at 6am lol.
    I don’t have PS4/One atm as I don’t feel there’s anything worth getting one
    I don’t have PS4/One atm as I don’t feel there’s anything worth getting one for just yet, but this nearly makes the cut. The graphics aren’t great which is to be expected on last gen consoles but the game itself is something quite like i’ve never seen before, they’ve blended an RPG into a shooter successfully.
    It probably won’t be as exciting in a few weeks/month as everything stops being new but for the moment i’m so engrossed. Doing missions with randoms/mates is brilliant, feels like a guild raid on RPG’s but also adds the extra dimension of skill you learned playing Halo and COD. You feel like you’re on an adventure all the time, I think a few people are upset with this game as they either just suck at it, or have no real friends to play with. I saw one review slamming it as the kid couldn’t make ‘friends’ I don’t blame the game, maybe it was just him (he looked a bit strange and his other reviews all slammed everything, and gave game 0/10 which isn’t really a review more a b***h).
    It’s been 2 days since it came out so I can’t see how people can hate it and write such condemning reviews of the story and every aspect when they’ve barely scratched the surface.
    I’ve found the missions a bit samey, but that’s the same with every game. I’d say to push this game up to a 10 in my opinion they’d have to make the story a bit more gripping, and make the missions slightly less generic, but it’s still early days at the moment, but im very impressed, and like I said I don’t care for much these days.
    This franchise is going places, as I feel this could be the future. Now if you don’t mind I’ve got a universe to explore 
  90. Sep 11, 2014
    I, like many other out there, was stuffed with HYPE that I though it could change something. I really don't understand these companies. They hype hype hype and then you stay home with your mouth open and a bitter taste. I played Destiny for 10 hours now and there are some problems.

First the singleplayer campain (if you could call it) is the same, repetitive mission over and over again. I wanted some diversity but couldn't reach that moment to say WOW!

Graphics are so and so and they look mostly OK for XBOX 360. The game mechanics is good. I simply don't seem to enjoy multiplayer at all. I feel it unbalanced and I simply don't feel that multiplayer with these maps. I was killed from many stupid positions that don't require skill or something.

The game is good all in all only that it's extremely repetitive and it needs some fixing. I tend to get bored easily.
  91. Sep 11, 2014
    Don't listen to the bad reviews! This game is really fun. It was never meant to be Borderlands, and it was never meant to be Halo. It is something completely new. The mechanics work well and the graphics are decent on the 360. Graphics are at least as good as most other shooters on the 360 anyway.

First - the downsides/cautions: Here is my advice. If you are not an MMO type

First - the downsides/cautions:

Here is my advice. If you are not an MMO type person, don't play this game. Or at least go into it with lower expectations. There will be grinding, and there will be parts that are not intuitive for you if you are not used to an MMO-type experience. There are parts that feel like you are quest grinding as well, but overall, a lot of quests have been fun and I expect to see improvement over the life of the game, which is typical of any MMO-type game. All that being said, it is not an MMO! And you can definitely solo your way through quests in this game! The only other downside I feel like so far is that I wished the leveling up gave points to spend towards skills instead of the unlock system it currently uses. It would have given it more of a traditional RPG feel.

The upsides: This game is fun! And you don't have to run around playing with others, but it REALLY is not that hard to do if you want to. Ignore the complaints about voice chat. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to not have to hear 8-12 year olds cussing all around me. You get voice chat once you join a "Fireteam", and that suits me just fine. The missions are fun, and challenging, the weapons are varied and the powers, depending on what class you prefer to play, have been very useful as well. The multiplayer battles have mostly smaller maps, so they are intense and so far have been really well matched for me. They're not my cup of tea, but I've gotten some pretty cool armor prizes from the few matches I participated in.

In the end, this is a game that, although not a traditional MMO, can improve over it's lifespan in both variety, quests, and environments. I could totally see them adding (aside from the obvious of adding more worlds) a spaceship flying/fighting component to this game later on. For now, enjoy it for what it is. It is not Halo. It is not Borderlands. It is a game in its own right, and it's been a blast to play. I look forward to seeing what Bungie will continue to do with this game.
  92. Sep 12, 2014
    After around 24 hours worth of gameplay Im ready for a review.
    Destiny is a Hybrid MMOFPS much like Borderlands 1/2, FireFall, and Planetside 2. In my honest opinion some of these games are good some not so much (Looking at you FireFall)/ The Genres MMO and FPS don't mesh well in many areas for many reasons but thats its own argument entirely.
    Starting with the actual review the
    After around 24 hours worth of gameplay Im ready for a review.
    Starting with the actual review the leveling process in Destiny is not bad you level through a level of means things such as Bounties from a bounty board much like borderlands story missions and open world patrol mission/Dynamic events. and you can also level by means of PvP. Starting with the Story mission most efficient way of leveling. My first criticism is that you get behind in levels pretty quickly forcing you to do many grindy side quest to catch up in level, Now this isnt so bad the side quest or as Destiny calls them patrol missions give decent exp and can get you 1 or 2 levels quickly. Although I have 1 major criticism about the Dynamic events, They spawn extremely infrequently( very extremely), so much so that I literally only seen 1 in my 26 hours or 24 levels of playing. But things like this can be fixed with patches. Destiny also suffers in the character depth department there is an aparent lack of thought in the progression system and character design system as if the devs never even played an MMO such as WoW,Or Guild Wars as some of the obvious ones that come to mind, there are no skill points are trees which is odd. Only choice in changing a skill that will very very slightly change one of your abalities weather it be your super melee or your grenade ability.

Now lets get down to what everyone wants to know and what people will probably read this review for, The END GAME and the GAMEPLAY, 2 of the largest factors in a game that make or break it. Lets start with destiny's gameplay. The actual combat is fun and exciting with lots of dynamic choices to how you wanted to handle a fight weather you want to do lots of AoE and ranged damage with your warlock or be right in the freigh with lots of melee damage as the Hunter Or smash things with your titan. Combat is fun and intresting, this would be great if the missions them selves weret so damn boring and repetive littirally every mission from Earth to the last Planet Mars is the same thing kill some mobs let your Ghost Open or unlock something kill a mini boss(Or Elite Pack). Extreamly boring and was super hard to get through for me. before I go on its also worth mentioning there is a clear lack of story here for some reason the actual Lore and story feel like an after thought and is very umm how should I put this... Underdeveloped. But going on, The end game the thing everyone wants to know about, Well let me tell you. it is.... Strikes the same ones you played in the story just with the difficulty ramped up by like x50. and the only way to progress your Gear score as it is in most MMOs or (Light) in Destiny is to get better gear from these very increased difficulty strikes. And the drop rates for actual good gear that would be a gear score increase or an actual good peice of gear is Astronomically low for some reason. I did 60+ of these strikes and got no legendary peices of gear and definitely no Exotic pieces either. What a joke this was...... I know that there is intended be a grind for gear in the end game but doing this Strike content over and over for some reason is just not fun at all and the lack of rewards is extremely discouraging making you dread doing more strikes.. All in all Id have to say Destiny is overhyped and an above average experience because of its engaging combat but if you dont like the super extreme grind for gear in the end game. Id say skip it.. see you guys next time hope you can enjoy Destiny more than I have.
  93. Sep 12, 2014
    When you buy a product you expect it to work this FAILS constantly being disconnected from error codes (500 mil + spent on this game and it ships broken? wtf) cant even play this game for more than 20 minutes at a time. And the gameplay is not as fun as borderlands its waaaay over hyped. PVP is horrible cant keep a full lobby people constantly dropping in and out. do yourself a favor avoidWhen you buy a product you expect it to work this FAILS constantly being disconnected from error codes (500 mil + spent on this game and it ships broken? wtf) cant even play this game for more than 20 minutes at a time. And the gameplay is not as fun as borderlands its waaaay over hyped. PVP is horrible cant keep a full lobby people constantly dropping in and out. do yourself a favor avoid this headache. Expand
  94. Sep 13, 2014
    OK, yesterday I would've given this game a 10. Today, when I entered pvp at level 8, there was level 20s one shotting me, and the maps were TINY. I hit the roof, I was so angry. Sure, I bet the pvp is great at the cap, but whatever moron at Bungie decided to let level 8s fight against level 20s? Should be fired, and banned from the industry. Words cannot describe the derision andOK, yesterday I would've given this game a 10. Today, when I entered pvp at level 8, there was level 20s one shotting me, and the maps were TINY. I hit the roof, I was so angry. Sure, I bet the pvp is great at the cap, but whatever moron at Bungie decided to let level 8s fight against level 20s? Should be fired, and banned from the industry. Words cannot describe the derision and disgust I felt when I entered the Crucible. I will try again at level cap. You broke my heart. I am taking 5 points off my initial score of 10, and you deserve it, when I saw the low metacritic, I was super surprised. HOW ABOUT SOME BALANCE GUYS? Did you learn nothing from WoW's pvp issues? If you didn't you don't deserve our money, it's as simple as that.

You have to understand, a ton of your audience is mmo players, that come from games that don't balance the pvp. The beauty behind a shooter mmo, is in PVE you can hit harder by gearing and skilling up, and have fun, I give your pve a 10. The idea behind mmo pvp in a shooter, is that everyones guns still do the same sort of base damage, and you seperate the level caps by 5 or so levels, so there isnt some prick 12 levels higher than you, one shotting you. If you do not understand this basic concept, that any real pvper could've told you on facebook or twitter, you don't deserve our money. Whatever game tester that let this unbalanced pvp go to release without warning you how truly bad of a mistake you were making? Should be fired and banned from the industry as well.

You shouldve been warned that you had a 10 game in terms of concept, and a 0 game in terms of pvp balance... I am here to warn you in person, that the smart players will now boycott Bungie for the rest of their lives, if you do not fix this immediately. And balance is easyt in pvp, you keep the levels of the players equal when you matchmake, you mnake sure the gear is toned down, so people have a chance, if they are playing more casually, and want to have a COD, or Battlefield or Halo experience of TDM.

If you do not provide this pvp balance, not only will your game tank so bad noone will buy a sequal? People will go out of their way to avoid your games, and you will lose the awesome credibility you got from the Halo series. THIS IS A SIMPLE FIX AND YOU SHOULD MAKE IT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! You cannot ride on your pve forever, half of the MMO crowd that bought your game, bought it for the PVP. I think ALL of the FPS crowd, bought it for the PVP. How you could fumble the execution so badly, is beyond me.

I realize what a negative nancy I am being? But just yesterday I would've given a game a straight 10, if you were to patch balance the pvp for leveling today, I would come back and change my score back to ten.
    For real, get a clue Bungie. This made me wonder about the intelligence of a lot of the people working at your company? If they managed to miss this, or did it on purpose? They don't deserve their jobs. They inadvertantly turned your company into a thief. I don't write this to be inflammatory, I write it because I feel that every word I am saying is very, very, true.

I had such high hopes! And you dashed them. It's a simple fix guys, you REALLY should consider it. Have a nice day guys, Enjoy the 64 dollars I spent on a physical copy, that I then sold immediately when I found out that i could not get the next gen version upgrade for free, that it was only available digitally. WHERES THE WARNING STICKER GUYS, what you did should be illegal, and you SHOULD be taken to task for it. Then I bought a year of LIVE so I could enjoy pvp leveling, only to find out that you have an infant's grasp of balance. Then I bought the 30 dollar expansion, that you released the same time the game went live. Do you understand what an expansion is? It is not content that you withold upon release, it is something you sell like a year later, to keep your fans loyal and interested in your game. I think you have an infant's grasp of what an expansion is, as well.

Enjoy the 60 dollars I spent on the digital version. That is ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS to play your product correctly. For that price, this game needs to have its pvp balanced, the maps need to be bigger, and there needs to be a STICKER on the physical copies of the PS3 and 360 version warning you VERY specifically that you do not get the next gen upgrade for free. Your mistakes are frankly sad and alarming, and do not bode well, of this is how the next gen console development companies intend to treat their fans. I can overlook everything you did to me, because I am a loyal fan and bought everything y9ou ever made. But I SIMPLY CANNOT OVERLOOK THE PVP LEVELING BALANCE. It is a DISASTER. And no I am not kidding or being dramatic. How you guys released the Crucible like this? Is just beyond me.
  95. Sep 13, 2014
    It is a good game,the graphics are beautiful the mmorpg style of play is amazing,I really don't understand why the negative reviews are extremley unrealisticly approached.
  96. Sep 14, 2014
    This is a very good game, if you play with friends it is way better, although I do have to say, it is pretty repetitive. All the earth missions that you play lead you to the same map but that does give you time to master the map, but the mission you choose will result in the level of enemies you are fighting. However as I said, a great game with good weapons, abilities and cool characterThis is a very good game, if you play with friends it is way better, although I do have to say, it is pretty repetitive. All the earth missions that you play lead you to the same map but that does give you time to master the map, but the mission you choose will result in the level of enemies you are fighting. However as I said, a great game with good weapons, abilities and cool character customization choices. (the servers do crash from time to time and it can get annoying) Expand
  97. Sep 15, 2014
    Destiny could have been an amazing game, but it fails on almost all fronts. It has it's good parts like the quick and responsive gun play and character ability's can be customized to a certain point.

The cons of the game however far outweigh the pros, with an incredibly short campaign,incredibly repetitive missions, bad writing, and no reason to care about what is going on in the game or about any of the characters that get maybe 20-30 lines of dialogue. The loot system is broken, with high level loot dropping from low level mobs, no kind of challenge to get any kind of loot, only luck. The system for buying high level gear is poorly implemented, with no other way of getting them other than spending a long time grinding missions or playing in the pathetic lag fest the is the crucible.

Which brings us to the pvp aspect of this game, which has potential, but falls flat like everything else. a few of my friends and I played the game with different connection speeds, mine being a 15mbs download all the way up to a 24 i think, We still get horrible server side lag problems. Shots fired at an enemy will wait 2-3 seconds before registering, and sometimes not hit at all in longer ranges. The game boils down to who can get the most super moves, becoming godlike with little or no way to shut them down, I've been gutted by a bladedancer because a stab to the back which normally kills instantly in pvp and a point blank shotgun blast did little more than a scratch on her, which would be ok if they weren't able to get them 10 times a match. And then after a game there comes the insanely stupid random loot drops again, as in I've seen some one go bottom of the leader boards and still get a high level weapon or armor piece and the highest scoring person in the match gets nothing.

There are few things that I liked about the game, it's over-hyped and underdeveloped. It's a shell of what it could be.
  98. Sep 16, 2014
    This game proves that a successful developer can't always strike gold twice. This game also proves that Activision is a hype machine with their marketing. DON'T FALL FOR IT! I do feel bad for Bungie because now they are stuck with this garbage IP for 10 more years. I don't have any confidence that this game can redeem itself even if they try and fix it. I feel like an idiot for wasting 20+This game proves that a successful developer can't always strike gold twice. This game also proves that Activision is a hype machine with their marketing. DON'T FALL FOR IT! I do feel bad for Bungie because now they are stuck with this garbage IP for 10 more years. I don't have any confidence that this game can redeem itself even if they try and fix it. I feel like an idiot for wasting 20+ hours of my life trying to get to level 20 just to find out that I would have to dedicate MASSIVE amounts of time just to get beyond level 20 and get better gear. I understand that this is supposed to be an FPS/MMO hybrid but requiring that I grind the same 4 levels over and over again is just plain stupid. FPS fans and MMO fans are 2 completely different types of customers. They need to realize that World of Warcraft fans would be right at home with Destiny because they can sit there and grind for 12 hours a day for 2 weeks straight to get 1 piece of high level armor. The problem is Destiny needs to know it can't rely on just MMO fans to keep the game afloat. It needs more variety to keep people happy with their purchase. The only thing I liked about the game was the tight shooting mechanics. On to the bad things. First off the game starts you off with the typical tutorial missions. After that the game doesn't explain anything to you. You have to rely on asking higher level characters any questions you have, or go to a Wiki. If you want to ask other players any questions you have to spam chat requests or strike team invites to other players in the Tower (player hub) and hope you get responses. This is a multiplayer focused game but Bungie has made it close to impossible to find other non-friend players to do missions with. When you do find other players to play with you can only have up to 3 players per strike team. With your strike team missing that crucial 4th player it could mean the difference in having to replay strike missions which already can take close to 40 minutes without failing. The game is split into 2 parts, pre level 20 play and post level 20 play. Pre level 20 play consists of grinding through story missions, strikes, patrols, bounties, and the horrible Crucible (PvP) modes. All of the grinding you do getting to level 20 does absolutely nothing for your character post level 20. It is all for nothing, yes you read that correctly, it is all for nothing. Once you hit level 18 is when you start earning "Marks" which is the form of currency you need for buying high level gear. Players will get Vanguard marks for completing bounties & strikes and Crucible marks when you play Crucible modes. When you hit level 20 is when you can start buying or finding the exotic and legendary gear. For example, if you want to purchase the high level Vanguard gear you will need at least 65 Vanguard marks (currency) and need to be a certain Vanguard Rank which comes in the form of Vanguard points. The problem is you just wasted 18 levels of grinding for 0 Vanguard or Crucible marks because you can't get marks until you are level 18. So all those hours you spent doing strikes, bounties, or Crucible were for nothing but points that add to your Vanguard or Crucible rank. For example, once you hit level 18 you can do a 40 minute strike and get 3 Vanguard marks. So you would have to do 21 more strikes of the 8 available strikes to get enough Vanguard marks to purchase 1 piece of armor. That is 14 hours of strikes to get 1 piece of armor! So you would have to dedicate 56 hours just to complete your armor set. Bounties can also be completed for Vanguard marks in just a little less time than doing the strikes but it is still very time consuming going the bounty route. Players can also hope to pick up rare,exotic, or legendary gear in the form of "Engram drops". The problem with this is the randomness and the balance of drops for each player on your strike team. The only way you get Engram drops is for killing enemies, that seems fair right? Wrong! I tested this theory with my buddy over 4 level 20 strike missions. I was almost level 21 and he was almost a level 22. I let him kill about 70 enemies each time while I killed around 30. Each strike he picked up 5-6 Engrams and I picked up 1. How is this fair? How is this supposed to keep people playing? I tested this theory because I would play strikes with random players and they would just sit back and poach kills. These players knew to wait for me to almost take an enemy down and they would get the final kill shot to have a better chance at picking up Engrams and leaving me with nothing. There is no reason for anyone to keep playing after level 20. Games are over hyped these days and rarely live up to it. PSA for gamers: Invest in a cheap shrink wrap machine online and when games suck like Destiny you can play it and re-wrap it and return it and get your money back. This way the publisher and developer get nothing for their sub par game. I just returned my copy! Thanks for nothing Bungie! Expand
  99. Sep 16, 2014
    The game is a MMO shooter. Are there better games out there? Well you have your Borderlands players , COD players and your GTA players and all you are doing is running around killing lots of stuff. To be honest I grabbed the controller and actually enjoyed the game play. LONG drawn out fights that kept me on edge. Running around in the darkness with a tinge of anxiety because i new it wasThe game is a MMO shooter. Are there better games out there? Well you have your Borderlands players , COD players and your GTA players and all you are doing is running around killing lots of stuff. To be honest I grabbed the controller and actually enjoyed the game play. LONG drawn out fights that kept me on edge. Running around in the darkness with a tinge of anxiety because i new it was all a trap. Yes there are mmorp that have crafting and will gladly suck your life away to get the top gear. Yes there are other games that let you get 50 million different weapons. And yes you get into fights in all of them.... but i have to say i like how this one works. Yeah if there isn't as much content as we all would like right now all i can say is i have done the GRIND in many different games... this one is no different. Go here and kill 50 of those things... BLAH BLAH BLAH....... If i have to go kill 50 things i want to do it in as fun a way as is possible.... and right now... its Destiny. Where Killing is my business..... and business is GOOD! Expand
  100. Sep 16, 2014
    the multiplayer is too unbalanced the game with just the story mode is way too repetitive its just no fun very boring and no fun to play dont buy this
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Sep 13, 2014
    Destiny is a good FPS from Bungie. However, it isn't the definitive fusion between shooter and MMO we expected. Great gunplay, good enemy AI and full of content, but missions can get too repetitive and the endgame needs more variety of objectives.